/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 34022
1,2 MB, 1080 × 1331
Aww shit guys (you'll always be Bernds in my heart).
I haven't posted in a long time but I've just received a mail telling me I'll probably be part of a jury for a criminal trial court in 2020. It's like winning at the lottery except that it will involve either a murder or a rape or maybe a robbery but that would be boring. I know this may sound like a perversion but I'm really excited to do it just to see how justice works. I'm teasing you but I don't know if and what I'll have to judge yet. If it happens then I'll post a thread about the trial but without being too specific because that would be illegal.
>>
No. 34030
2,8 MB, 3264 × 4896
Yay!
It's pretty good fun, i did it last year for a sexual assault case, even though it was quite boring in comparison to others the whole process is interesting (especially 'cos everyone here wears fancy dress wigs and capes like they've stepped out of a Dickens novel).
I thought fronz didn't have a public jury system though?
>>
No. 34031
>>34030
We have a public jury for crimes which can send someone between 10yeatw to life in jail so basically murder, rape and armed robberies plus terrorism I think although there's often a special court for serious terrorism cases without a public jury. Judges don't wear silly wigs here but we have our own funny protocols with lawyers speaking like if they were Aristotle reincarnated.
>>
No. 34033
>>34031
Neat!
You're guaranteed an interesting case then and all the free coffee/croissants you can eat while debating the case with your fellow jurors