/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 10579 Systemkontra
187 kB, 1280 × 720, 0:02
How many of whom you speak to "online" are mentally ill? Most of them

Since discovering imageboards in 2003 I know from experience every user of every imageboard devolves into this: https://kohlchan.net/int/res/920547.html

Every thread they participate in eventually becomes dominated by this

What's the answer? The internet held no answers for people with "lost years due to internet browsing" and it still doesn't. And people still don't understand time spent on the computer isn't real life, but the time lost is real. So can either people get on with it and make the best of what they have or can they create an online community for people with lost years, to leave boards for those not in a depressed state.
>>
No. 10581
>linking me to cabbage
Ok. It was a complete waste of time clicking your link and not even that degenerative so far as idiots like that go.

>Every thread they participate in eventually becomes dominated by this
It's because of consensus formation. This happens offline too. It's part of why I deliberately try to break apart consensus of virtually any group I ever am in by playing devil's advocate. A group with total consensus is not a dynamic group, but a dead group. The problem with online communities is they tend to attract the worst elements and have no breaks. Pro-ana communities have had psychological studies done. It becomes a cult of dysfunction. The problem with people like that is they usually have numerous other problems. I would say the entire subculture that grew up around /r9k/ and /pol/ is extremely deeply pathological in more ways than one.

You also fail to mention that a big part of the problem is the utter lack of empathy. If you really look at it, these are sociopathic worlds. You'll notice that even the concept of decency, integrity, morality, or compassion is sneered at.

> or can they create an online community for people with lost years, to leave boards for those not in a depressed state.
Is this a joke? It's like you basically just asked, so we all have this heroin problem but what's a good non-depressive opioid to switch into?

The answer is to turn your computer off. I first noticed this was a problem like 15 years ago and I eventually whipped my cable outside to force me to do homework instead of fucking off online. The problem with IBs in particular is you tend not to actually learn or build anything. They are the junk food of the internet. I haven't actually learned a whole lot about anything from IBs, have made no new friends from them, and am most certainly a lot dumber and a bit more dysfunctional as a person from them.

As for you, possibly Nebraska/motivational, that's precisely why some of us are staying almost exclusively on EC, because we actually want to learn things and expand horizons while weaning ourselves off these shitholes. The people on cabbagechan are hopeless cases. They would rather wallow in their own stupidity and safe spaces without any opinion being challenged. They probably maintain the same mode of non-discourse which consists of "haha kys faggot/cuck/nigger/kike" rather than actually offering an informed rebuttal. They would rather wallow in shit quite frankly. Here you will notice people at least try to have actual discussions about interesting things, rather than stare at pictures of hentai and Igor's ass or whatever the fuck they do over there. Even our legitimately schizophrenic Kazakh brick is probably more cogent and intelligent than most people on other chans.
>>
No. 10582
To clarify,
Mental illness in these people makes them unable to make smart decisions to get what they want, made worse by bad social skills that mental illness causes.

They hold views pieced together from media, unable to differentiate satire and fiction from the reality that everyone else lives and they make stupid uses of time from lack of impulse control which creates failure even when life is easy.

Which then causes depression once life starts getting harder after the careless teen years end. And all these mental illnesses including but not limited to autism, ocd, narcissism causes them to be unable to make logical decisions which would pull them out of that spiral.

The mentally ill believe they are "smart" while having zero experience even in failure. That perspective should get uprooted the instant they are medicated or otherwise treated, but because their mental illness "wisdom" concludes apathy is the answer, so they will never get the help they need since they will never admit to being abnormal and their conclusions being wrong.
>>
No. 10583
>>10582
>unable to make smart decisions to get what they want
>unable to differentiate satire and fiction from the reality
>unable to make logical decisions
>believe they are "smart"
> lack of impulse control
> failure even when life is easy.
>they will never admit to...their conclusions being wrong
It's called stupidity, OP. It isn't some mystery. If you look at especially a place like /pol/ they are that way not because they are all mentally ill, but because they are all very, very, very stupid. These are just weak minded people. You're trying to come up with some broad reasoning for this outcome or some kind of grand program, when really you're just literally talking about the typical 89IQ. At best, you have a smattering of actually pathological individuals who then inform the worldviews of a lot of very stupid people. Some of these people are not even autistic but flagrantly sociopathic and take complete advantage of the 89IQs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ponerology thus allowing them to normalize their own pathology among the idiot masses. This is not exclusive to imageboards. You had this same problem in the times of kings, and you had that exact problem with the authoritarian seizures of power in Italy, Germany, Spain, and Russia among others in the early to mid 20th century.

Indeed, you have this problem even today. I'm not even talking about people like Duterte, Trump, Kim Jong Un, and so on, I mean even things like this fucked up celebrity culture we have as Americans. It is part of why we had this messed up serial killer celebrity culture, which today has morphed into a sort of mass shooter publicity or any cause célèbre. I mean the very celebrity culture itself promotes this thinking, where some vain, narcissistic egomaniac somehow convinces a bunch of 89IQs to follow after them. Media and marketing aka Capitalist society's propaganda helps entrench this. It is no small amount of people either. You are underestimating just how many stupid people there really are at any given time.
>>
No. 10584
116 kB, 416 × 520
The very nature of imageboards makes it hard to identify any specific personal trend and makes personal changes hard to measure. In practice, you end up only being able to identify the collective of all posters, which makes it seem like these people are spiralling into further madness. There are a few Krautchan personalities which are permanent, half famous within the KCsphere that are truly broken individuals who will never be able to pull themselves out of the swamp they've created for themselves. Most people however, do tend to grow into fully well formed individuals.

From my experience in Krautchan spinoff circlejerks, people who in their late teens and early 20s were beyond broken individuals have gotten themselves into a far better position than before. These people simply tend to stop using imageboards.

If there's one absolutely toxic idea that spread through imageboards like wildfire, and that I believe has ruined many lives is that the idea that this collective of people utilizing imageboards are fundamentally broken and entirely apart from normal society. This idea takes many forms depending on the imageboard in question. In Krautchan it was Bernds/Keinbernds, and later on Keinbernds became "normies" as the imageboard's culture shifted.

I too, used to believe that there was this permanent wall that separated me from normal society, and that I was fundamentally unable to function within normal society. To this adds the idea that one has already ruined one's life with previous fuckups. The idea that any healthy individual under 25 could have permanently ruined their life is hilarious in retrospective, but it was widespread.
>>
No. 10588
>>10581
>rather than stare at pictures of hentai

On old EC there was 2D thread. Not that this defeats what you said about kohlchan and imageboards as a whole, but EC itself is not such a bastion of high quality discussion as you make it out to be. If I really truly want to have serious discussions about something I will use the Stack Exchange Network or a forum specifically about a niche hobby and not imageboards.

I think it is more akin to inviting a friend over and making talk with him. This can involve serious
discussions, but the conversation starts by asking him about his day (today threada), mutual interests (Cinema and TV series, Music, etc..), and remembering memories and telling stories. To try and put EC as inherently above other imageboards because of its serious discussions is dishonest. It has very minimal shitposting to be sure, but I don't know if you actually "learn things and expand horizons" to that great of an extent here. Junk food that is healthier or tastes better than other junk food is still junk food.
>>
No. 10590
-They're sad about life so they post on krautcahn
-People tell them to try living life more determined
-They say it's too late, they missed the boat, life is unfair (they were fapping while others were working)
-They post about how awful it is to suffer like they do
>They suffer while they post and they post while they suffer
Supposing they are logical and intelligent men what is the purpose of them posting their tears, what do they hope to achieve? Even they don't know, at best they're crying for help

Only a fool doesn't understand that our bodies are chemical/hormonal, sadness comes from inactivity and is further heightened by dwelling in negativity. So they are complaining about the results of the very thing they are doing to themselves.

Where the mental illness factor comes in is this group of men unlike common fools are unable to learn for various reasons and thus move on, the obstacles may be physical problems with the brain or it may be psychological like "I'm smart so if it were this easy I would have figured it out long ago, I refuse to accept I was wrong so I'll throw my life away instead."
>>
No. 10592
>>10583
>It's called stupidity, OP. It isn't some mystery. If you look at especially a place like /pol/ they are that way not because they are all mentally ill, but because they are all very, very, very stupid. These are just weak minded people.
>You are underestimating just how many stupid people there really are at any given time.

That's true
>>
No. 10597
>>10588
I think that the potential is here. There's a lot of foreign film and literature recommendations for example. That in its own right is a step above most other places. I'm not saying this place is some bastion of intellectualism but what made old KC "good" was it at least had an above average IQ. The idea is to go in the opposite direction until everything feels way over your head. The problem is most other *chans are going the other direction to being as infantile and moronic as humanly possible.

>>10584
>I too, used to believe that there was this permanent wall that separated me from normal society, and that I was fundamentally unable to function within normal society.
The latter is the problem if these people actually believe this. It is also merely a reflection of the age group. It's nothing new or novel. It's just the typical idiotic teenager bullshit. You guys remember goths? It wasn't even that long ago and this was basically pre-internet. That whole subculture was built on angst and teenage alienation for the most part. This is true of just about any youth subculture which revolves around concepts of identity and belonging, and of course youthful alienation.

That being stated,
> used to believe that there was this permanent wall that separated me from normal society
I have always felt this way somehow and shitheads on the internet aren't much different. It just gives me a new group from which to feel quietly alienated. That has little to do with how one perceives things outside themselves or their ability to at least act the part, however much the internal perspective may be radically different in which case the key thing to keep in mind is just body language and having enough intelligence to skirt by it. Of course, my reasons have little to do with the internet to begin with, and while I often have little trouble socializing with people it is normally an excruciating experience and I hate it. Being drunk doesn't even help much. You can only get so blindingly drunk before all remaining ego mechanisms have been eroded to confront you with that radical self honesty, that you don't care about these people, these people are not your friends, you have little in common with these people, and in fact you feel nothing but an overall lingering contempt for these people.

This is what I experience most of the time when sitting in a bar. The sheer baseness and coarseness of others is appalling, as well as their generally idiotic behavior, puerile beliefs, and selfish motives bereft of the slightest shred of decency, dignity, or honesty. It is that feeling where you see a "friend" with one arm around the waist of a girl on the other stool while he's sitting with his girlfriend. The problem is I think permavirgins only get butthurt that they're not that guy. I have an overarching loathing for much of humanity because at that base level this is what they are, and moreover they are seldom good conversationalists to make up for it.

People will have all manner of costumes and contrivances to delude both themselves and others that they are somehow more moral, intelligent, refined, or advanced than some disgusting peasant jeering at a witch burning, or the same vicious imbecile who sits atop a throne. Few are willing to puncture this and they cleave likewise unto some false, vain identity construct in a social context. It is why stripping a person down to their nakedness is so "dehumanizing" in a penal sense, for much the same manner as admitting the naked emperor is in fact not wearing any clothes, for it is admission of the obvious truth not merely about others but about ourselves. This is one large reason why people get so incredibly butthurt when challenged on their beliefs, namely, that they feel as though their social worth, status, and very identity is being challenged to reveal itself as nothing but a ruse.

I lastly resent the shit out of other people for sort of forcing me to constantly cloak myself around them to feign some sort of togetherness or assimilation into their pathetic idiotic groups. I particularly loathe unintelligent people especially the sort who want enforced groupthink with a fiery passion for those reasons.
>>
No. 10607
By the way responses like "Stop being a schizo retard" like on that kohl thread does not help anyone. We need to help them help themselves, or if there's no solution then we need to make a board for those retards like sadbernds.xyz
>>
No. 10610 Kontra
>>10607
>We need to help them help themselves,
>we need to make a board for those retards like sadbernds.xyz
Says who? Motivational Nebraska, the only person you're ultimately trying to help here is yourself. Moreover we already have a ton of different imageboards all over the place. Clearly, more imageboard shitposting is not the answer for such people. This place, in particular, is not really a depressing place. Just going on your linking to that other board (idk why you keep trying to stealth post about cabbage chan nobody gives a shit) made me feel somehow dumber and more degraded. Anyway so much as linking to cabbage should probably be a bannable offense or at least get you a warning. Yes, they are moronic shitposters. We are all aware of that.
>>
No. 10617
>>10610
>the only person you're ultimately trying to help here is yourself.
Again with the projection of traits. Me and you are in the same place but for different reasons, don't apply your personality flaws to me. When I didn't have mental problems there were already loads of depressive men on 4chan who were older than me posting about their lives being over. This was in 2003 and they weren't even thirty. I wondered if anything could save their lives or if the only answer was for younger guys to not wind up like them. Some learned quick and left, others became just like them. The only thing that can save you is yourself. But a little help with brain dysfunction could go a long way, but I don't have any links or resources about this but I'm sure they exist. It can't be that the world of medicine is completely useless for people who suffer like this, that the answer is to be reborn and hope your brain is healthier or sharper this time.
>>
No. 10625 Kontra
>>10617
>projection
We've got this one motivational America ball and I distinctly remember another American bernd who kept talking about high school, depression, and suicide. I assumed all these posters were you.

>When I didn't have mental problems there were already loads of depressive men on 4chan who were older than me posting about their lives being over. This was in 2003 and they weren't even thirty.
If they were convicted pedos, then yeah their lives were over. I don't really remember people being like that though. This was more of a later /r9k/ kind of thing iirc.
>It can't be that the world of medicine is completely useless for people who suffer like this, that the answer is to be reborn and hope your brain is healthier or sharper this time.
I'm not sure what your point is, seeing as how on one hand you're arguing this thinking is wrong, then seemingly ending by saying oh well maybe there's past lives and reincarnation. Personally I don't take this view of "life being over" unless you severely catastrophically fucked up like became a registered sex offender or got multiple life in prison sentences for serial murder or something, with the only zero probability being death, since despite how improbable there's still at least a slightly existing chance of winning the lottery or something no matter how bad you're fucked, whereas at time of death you have 0.0% chance at improvement of any odds. I think people also mistake missing out on one thing or another as being "life is over" which again quite frankly is a very teenager way of viewing things. When you get older you do realize a lot of doors are closed and closing for good though.

sage just because for whatever bizarre reason you decided to start your thread by linking to the kohlkrebs.

Lastly, you seem to be suffering some kind of almost womanlike savior complex of "rescuing" people emotionally and mentally. This strikes me as more a reflection of the sort of behavior and thinking of people trying to either rescue themselves, or who come from severely broken families and get the idea of "saving" people. You can't save people from themselves. You might as well just give these people Bibles and try welcoming them into church and Bible study groups, which believe me would do them a whole hell of a lot more good than giving them a new imageboard for sadsacks (which is just going to become even more dysfunctional like wizardchan)
>>
No. 10637
>>10625
I believe 4chan started deleting the 'lets drop the pretences and keep it real for a minute' threads after 2004 because I never saw them again after that. Of course it could just be the average age of dropped drastically probably from something like 27 to 12 after 4chan became mainstream around 2007. If you remember the normal persona for many on the internet was an e-thug and know-it-all, far from admitting how much their lives or at least their sex lives sucked. Shortly after that trolling spread and people are less likely to open up as a warning to others when they're going to get trolled for admitting any short comings.
>>
No. 10713
3,1 MB, 6:47
>>10637
True, 2007 was different from 2005 which was different from 2008 etc.

Also this is real Anonymous, that all the dumbfucks, boomers, and children are probably not even aware of
>>
No. 10746
>>10713
>Hal Turner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Turner

Wasn't he a convict turned FBI informant turned radio show host of a Jewey anti-Jew show while being Italian and living in the NYC area and getting paid by Jews? And you find this drama interesting? Forget these shills, get a fucking life and don't spend your time around trolls both those that are paid and that work for free
>>
No. 10880
>>10746
He was a white nationalist who got trolled to fuck and back in life ruining manner by Anons who were unaware of the fact he was flipped into an FBI plant. That only made it funnier. You sound pretty butthurt to find you're a perversion of what Anonymous and imageboard culture actually was before the newfags and cancer ruined everything.
>>
No. 11176
27 kB, 700 × 405
Ladies and gentlemen,

the trannies and cross-dressers of Hollywood: https://youtu.be/DjbOZRMIgz0?t=157
>>
No. 12238
5,7 MB, 480 × 360, 1:10
>>10880
Lol this is based. 4chan had its time and still sometimes have time. I was a "newfag" and the only "epic win" i remember from those days is 4chan rick rolling MTV Europe tv awards and moot getting on the top of time 100.
>>
No. 14818
My brain started recovering when I stopped reading imageboards for a month