/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 11227
42 kB, 454 × 325
30 kB, 455 × 321
I'm trying to self-teach myself piano and it's not going well (no surprise there).
I have basic knowledge on correct hand position and movement also I know elementary music theory.
Currently, I'm trying to learn a new piece - Aquaria Ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VbWBM5-CvY
and I've doubts about correct fingering for the left hand.
The problem starts right at the start when I need to jump from A to B flat (pic 1)
I've tried to land on 5th finger, but it is quite thin so it slips very easily from a black key;
now landing on the 4th finger is more stable but where do I go from there? If I play F with the second finger a lot of tension is unavoidable.
Playing F with thumb and then going over it with 2nd on B flat and finishing with 5th on F (pic 2) sounds fine but feels overly complicated since I need to move my arm a little up and to the side from the shoulder to complete the thumb over motion.
Sure there is a simpler solution that I'm not seeing.
>>
No. 11258
>I've tried to land on 5th finger, but it is quite thin so it slips very easily from a black key
Train fingers. Black keys are better to push with a little finger. Play pentatonic scales(i might misinterpret this) and accords for 5 minutes everyday.
Here is a good example, but in russian, but you can see her fingers, so just repeat after it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m0eOVdm5Nvw
The first year of piano classes should be about pure mechanic
>>
No. 11445
Does anyone know of any good (free) online resources for jazz piano and jazz theory?
I know of Kent Hewitt and Mark Levine, but that isn't exactly what I'm looking for. To self-learn guitar I liked using Justin Guitar's website because it was methodically organized into different lessons that would tell you exactly what to practice, when to move on, how much time you should spend on each exercise, etc. It was almost exactly like having a teacher.

Does anyone know if there exists anything of this kind for jazz piano, or really piano in general?