/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 11397
108 kB, 1080 × 720
"The second great evil of a Tramp's life - it seems much smaller at first sight, but it is a good second - is that he is entirely cut off from contact with women. This point needs elaborating. Tramps are cut off from women, in the first place, because there are very few women at their level of society. One might imagine that among the destitute people the sexes would be as equally balanced as elsewhere. But it is not so; in fact, one can almost say that below a certain level society is entirely male. The following figures, publishes by the L.C.C. from a night census taken February 13th, 1931, will show the relative numbers of destitute men and destitute women:

Spending the night in the streets, 60 men, 18 women. (this must be an underestimate. Still, the proportions probably hold good -G.O.) In shelters and homes not licensed as common lodging-houses, 1,057 men, 137 women. In the crypt of St Martin's-in-the-Fields Church, 88 men, 12 women. In the L.C.C. casual wards and hostels, 674 men, 15 women.
>>
No. 11398
It will be seen from these figures that at the charity level men outnumber women by something like ten to one. The cause is presumably that unemployment affects women less than men; also that any presentable woman can, in the last resort, attach herself to some man. The result, for a tramp, is that he is condemned to perpetual celibacy. For of course it goes without saying that if a tramp finds no women at his own level, those above - even a very little above - are as far out of reach as the moon. The reasons are not worth discussing, but there is little doubt that women never, or hardly ever, condescend to men who are much poorer than themselves. A tramp, therefore, is a celibate from the moment when he takes to the road. Having no hope at all of securing a wife, a mistress, or any kind of woman except - very rarely when he can raise a few shillings - a prostitute. It is obvious what the results of this must be: homosexuality, for instance, and the occasional rape cases.

But deeper than these is the degradation worked in a man who knows that he is not even considered fit for marriage. The sexual impulse, not to put it any higher, is a fundamental impulse, and starvation of it can be almost as demoralizing as physical hunger. The evil of poverty is not so much that it makes a man suffer as that it rots him physically and spiritually. And there can be no doubt that sexual starvation contributes to the rotting process. Cut off from the whole race of women, a tramp finds himself degraded to the rank of a cripple or a lunatic. No humiliation could do more damage to a man's self-respect." George Orwell
>>
No. 11430
>>11398
>>11397
The problem is people who obsess over sex. Look it's just really not a big deal like permavirgins imagine it to be. The absolute worst thing is we now have a lot of cretins who think they are somehow "owed" sex and are acting like perpetual victims because they haven't gotten laid, this in spite of the fact that we live (on the West) in one of the most incredibly sexually loose societies since Rome.

>perpetual celibacy
I can assure you there are way bigger fucking concerns to being homeless than giving a shit about your dick being wet. It doesn't even enter the equation.
>>
No. 11435
83 kB, 600 × 450
>>
No. 11465
211 kB, 512 × 384
>>11430
It's more interesting that most homeless are men despite most women being useless when it comes to work.
>>
No. 11506
>>11465
It's more of a social model, and yes probably part of that has to do with sex (i.e. some men will fuck just about anything and some women will keep fucking just about anything for money/roof over their heads) but a lot of it has to do with general socio-economics. We're supposed to be self reliant. It's just expected of us. Women are even today a bit more expected to rely on a man. In a certain sense, the ideal man has always been someone who can rely on himself and have others rely on him. That is, in essence, what it means to be a man. It also means that, in general, society is much more forgiving of women when they fuck up, and completely ruthless when a man fucks up. But you're still not thinking clearly. If you're sleeping in a bush the last thing that crosses your mind is getting laid. You have way more pressing concerns such as how to get food, how to get tobacco (if you entered being addicted to it) and probably booze/other drugs (which likely had something to do with being homeless to begin with, or mental problems you probably self medicated anyway or didn't medicate), how to not get arrested, how to not get beaten/shot, and how to not get robbed. Yes, how to not get robbed is the number one priority of homeless people. If all you have left is a shopping cart it suddenly becomes much more important to not lose that. Getting laid is at the exact bottom of the list.

I think you're also mixing up companionship and affection with sex. This is by far the biggest problem of a certain crowd particularly self described "incels" which is exactly why they come across as so disgusting and creepy to women, because what they're actually looking for is a fuckdoll and not a person. It doesn't even matter what gender you are, if you feel like the other person just wants to use you for nothing but a piece of flesh it is supremely disgusting and insulting. I would suppose if you already had pretty severe mental/personality problems then you may not be able to distinguish the physical from emotional anyway. But if you want to talk companionship and friendship then in general I'd say yeah, the lack thereof is one of the biggest reasons why we get so many homeless on the West to begin with is because people already weren't there as a community to bail out the otherwise town fool or town drunk from his misfortunes. So in that regard I'd say probably a lot of chronically homeless people are extremely lonely, but ffs stop confusing this with sex.
>>
No. 11566
>>11506
good post.

not totally accurate though.

>Homeless
Of course I can't talk about how people become homeless in the US but in Germany is pretty darn hard to. You have to almost actively avoid all help and choose that way of life. Otherwise you apply for Neetbux, get an apartment and enough money for groceries and stuff.
I guess most homeless people have some kind of mental disability that prevents them from being a "normal part of society", maybe just an addiction to drugs. And this disability also makes other people avoid them or maybe they avoid other people as well. Interpersonal security mechanisms can't work that way.

When it comes to the needs of homeless people: of course sex isn't their priority no1. But we know for many years that Maslows's pyramid of needs is not really that accurate and you can be in need of physical contacts even if you don't feel fully secure and nourished 100% of the time.
In my experience "normies" (e.g. people who have or have had sex and physical attention on a regular basis) can't deal with not having sex for longer periods of time like people with no sexual experience do for obvious reasons.

>Incels
I'd agree that most people who identify as "incels" are the way you describe them. If you take the word's literal meaning though and include other sorts of permavirgins, there are a lot more reasons.
Just visit r9k and look at the occasional "I just want to cuddle" threads. Many of them just look for a companion, someone to love and to be loved by. And although they don't look for sex above else, they can't get what they long for because of various reasons, be it anxiety, strange personalities or, in some rare cases, looks.
>>
No. 11572
>>11566
>can't deal
Its really overblown because those are the people you hear talking about it a lot and is especially more true of younger people. But you look at married couples raising kids together and walking all the time and well there's the joke that when you get married your sex life stops. It is a bigger fixation point for permavurgins than anyone else although I do agree a lot of people annoyingly make things about sex in general. Still though the very idea that somebody would even think to say "the biggest problem with being homeless is not having sex frequently" speaks volumes about the person saying that and how utterly divorced from reality they really are as well as the overall unhealthy obsession.
>>
No. 11573 Kontra
>>11572
*working all the time
I was specifically thinking of young Americans being new parents. Americans don't walk.
>>
No. 11583
>>11506
I don't know about other countries but here man become homeless mostly because of divorce, those who have head on their shoulders quickly find a new place to live. And well it has many things to do with berndism in slavlands. Girls marry someone because of flat or their husband moves from his parents to her. Than kids, common flat, alcoholism, small salary, divorce and young mother ends up hating man for the end of her life, while father is forever gone. She projects all of her hate on kids(in a disgusting loving way) so her daughter repeats after her and her son becomes a sonbasket or alcoholic. Probably a story of 80% of homeless people and more than a half of slav bernds.
I am actually dislike to say it, but nuclear family implies that father should have opportunity and duty to earn atleast double as his wife, buy a house in 30s and a car. In other cases nuclear family becomes dysfunctional and so is a whole society.
>>
No. 11586
>>11583
Scary shit. Never gonna marry. It's better to be a permavirgin alcoholic with a flat, than a divorced alcoholic without one.