/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 11536
1,3 MB, 1520 × 1549
Why didn't we have this one yet?
Well, post what you're cooking/eating, discuss food and its culture in general and we may talk about diets as well if you want to.

I'm not a big cook myself but once in a blue moon I like to do it if the process is not too hard or needs too much time. I think the last time I actually cooked something was a south-western inspired casserole, it was extremely fatty because of the massive amount of molten cheese and I felt bad after eating it.
Today I found some older frozen asian vegetables in my freezer and cooked them together with some frozen sugar bean pods and some curry powder, I never thought cooked vegetables without any meat or carbs could taste so well.
>>
No. 11549
I have discovered half assing Thai/Italian fusion. It's startlingly good. Although, all you really need is just mixing various chilis, curries, mango, coconut, rice, etc with things like pasta, cream sauce, basil and tomato etc.

Easiest way to half ass it with no effort at all is some store bought Bang Bang sauce or https://www.yummly.com/recipes/bang-bang-sauce mixed with something like this https://diligentchef.com/best-store-bought-alfredo-sauce/ and lots of garlic. You can play around with it for various sweet-spicy-savory dishes with the absolute lowest amount of effort possible.

Of course...wait fuck I forgot it. I was making some kind of balsamic reduction and garlic chutney with something else but I have no clue what it was. I think I used an alfredo sauce as the base but I mixed in some other thing. Red pesto? I think it was red pesto? My inability to remember things is horrifying
>>
No. 11574 Kontra
>>11549
Red pesto, alfredo cream, roasted cherry tomato and caramelized onion with balsamic chutney and maybe some black olives.
>>
No. 11578
I made a casserole yesterday. Simply boil some macaroni, but some cheese and cherry tomatoes in between than pour a cream/egg mix with different herbs and pepper over it and cheese on top + rest of the tomatoes and bake for I don't know 35-45min.

In the evening I will prepare some north arabic dish with beef and beans.
>>
No. 14535
1,3 MB, 1728 × 3072
Egypt's posts in the today thread has sparked interest in me to continue this thread.

A japanophile friend of mine frequently praises matcha tea and says that I should to try to get "into" it as well. Is there any merit to his applause of matcha? It seems overpriced to me:
http://www.yuuki-cha.com/organic-green-tea/matcha

For reference I usually buy chinese black tea and oolong from the asian supermarket near me (if I do not get it as a gift).
>>
No. 14537
174 kB, 1277 × 1401
38 kB, 720 × 441
>>14535
\o/

Those Asian teas do NUFFIN.
Have you ever tried making Kenyan or Sri Lankan black tea like an Egyptian?

Here is what we do:
In a stainless steel kettle (or iron kettle for authenticity. Extra points for burn marks and dents on the kettle) we pour in the water and let it boil so hard that you'd feel the rage of poseidon. Then we add our serving (I use 1.5 teaspoons), give it a bit of stir and let it boil hard. Then we pour it into a glass exactly like pic 2 and add sugar to taste. I usually drink it far darker than pic 2.
>>
No. 14539
46 kB, 460 × 460
What are your coffee settis?

I'm an absolute plebeian who mostly drinks instant coffee (either black, with coconut oil or milk) since I'm lazy and I don't have any barista equipment anyway

At least we recently got a Nespresso capsule machine so I'm looking forward to trying that at least. At the office I used to work at they had one as well, except the professional line with the pods which were pretty decent. Then again I have really low standards in that regard.

>>14537
How long do you let it draw usually? I find black tea is often too bitter for me, especially if left to draw for too long. I only was able to drink it recently as I started adding milk
>>
No. 14540
>>14537
>Have you ever tried making Kenyan or Sri Lankan black tea like an Egyptian?
No. In terms of middle eastern countries I've had turkish tea quite a few times, and I want to try my hand at preparing it sometime:
http://www.caykur-tea.com/index.php/en/products/preparation.html
>>
No. 14542
>>14537
Can you tell about making كركديه‎ like an Egyptian?
This drink surely got me.
>>
No. 14547
36 kB, 600 × 500
>>14539
>Nespresso
I used to drink those "coins" at work. I my journey started with the pale brown -> dark drown -> pale green -> dark green, I used to drink them all with milk and sugar because back then I did not stand the taste of coffee. Then I discovered French press, and I started with those 0.25kg whole bean packs from starbucks. I was madly in love with the Guatemala and Verona blends, but those were expensive (EUR 8/0.25kg) so I switched to dark Yemeni roast from a very old shop with garden rosemary added to it by a friend of mine, then this friend moved to Germany and I switched to a local franchise that sells coffee for EUR 2/0.25kg and tastes like anus, but it does the trick. I also tried Caribou, a slightly cheaper (EUR 6/0.25kg) variant than starbucks and it I liked it.

>How long do you let it draw usually? I find black tea is often too bitter for me, especially if left to draw for too long. I only was able to drink it recently as I started adding milk
I instantly drink it after pouring it from the kettle, but I usually let it boil for around 2-5 minutes, depending on the mood that I'm in.

>>14540
It takes some practice to get it right, but there are machines that does everything for you and apparently they taste good, pic related.

>>14542
ah, كركديه (каркадьэ/Розелла/Roselle). A very healthy and tasty drink indeed!
You buy a pack of dried roselle leaves, soak them in a bowl of boiling water and let that sit for two hours, then separate the dark red liquid from the leaves with a colander and put in the fridge.
There are teabags of that, but they're very weak compared to the original stuff.
>>
No. 14686
>>14535
Matcha is a nice flavoring for other foods, but as tea it's just meh. If you've ever had green tea flavored ice cream, pastries, etc., just take that flavor and put it in water without any sugar.

Normal green tea is better.
>>
No. 14703
1,6 MB, 1920 × 2560
Meal for today is curry rice. Simple and cheap. Rice with a mix of gravy and keen's mixed in. That is literally it and it tastes good man. Perfect derro food.
>>
No. 14709
Yesterday I had lentil soup with croutons, stir fried vegetables and a seared entrecote that I actually fried by mistake. It was very good.

Today's mean is a mystery, but probably it's going to be the same, or I might be eating in a restaurant because I am seeing a friend of mine who moved to Ireland...and I have no money for that hohohihihahaplskillme.

I am looking for other easy recipes for stir fry vegetables. I improvised and added a hint of BBQ sauce to the mix and it actually turned out great, added sweet chili sauce but I think I added it incorrectly because it did fuck all.

fucking work proxy. I am not posting from England!
>>
No. 14964
Chopped some tofu to little cubes, roasted them in olive oil with walnut splinters, added rice, curry and soy sauce... and had my simple 5minutes meal.
>>
No. 14983
Oyster mushrooms on a swiss cheese sandwich with mayo because lazy. Also had some pretty nice pierogi made the correct way, which is boiled then fried.
>>
No. 14985
For dinner I just had sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup.

Just put the whole potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour. After the time is up, cut them in half, and the flesh will literally fall out of the skin, no hassle involved. Some tips:

-Poke a lot of holes in one side of each potato with a fork. Otherwise there will be a big explosion of sweet potato sugar syrup coming out of one concentrated spot.
-Cook on a layer or two of parchment paper on a cookie tray or wire rack. The potatoes will leak a sugary syrup while cooking, it's better to just toss some paper into the trash than waste time washing a metal sheet.
-Eat by mashing the potatoes and mixing in butter, and add salt to taste. You can add some kind of sweetener, but good potatoes won't require it.

One average sized sweet potato is about 120 calories, so you can eat quite a lot without gaining weight. Sweet potatoes are also very filling. A meal of buttery sweet potatoes + some kind of meat provides a good mix of healthy carbohydrates, fat, and protein.
>>
No. 15494
My mum made a chocolate, pear and cardamom torte for xmas. It was pretty good
>>
No. 15540
62 kB, 610 × 458
62 kB, 610 × 458
KÄSEWÄHE
Ä
S
E
W
Ä
H
E

Huärämongos :DDDD
>>
No. 15596
125 kB, 1080 × 931
Today we (my parents & me) finally finished the last leftovers of the Christmas meal...

We had delicious roasted duck from local farmers with red cabbage, potatoes and mlinci
(thin dried flatbread that is soaked in the poultry fat). The meal looked similar to pic related.
>>
No. 15600
45 kB, 778 × 512
>>
No. 15605
24 kB, 638 × 425
Yesterday I had molokheya (jute mallow, pic related), beef cubes with tomato and garlic sauce and white rice. I slammed all those together on one large plate, added some diced hot chili pepper and dug in like a mad man. Endorphins were released and probably some Tryptophan-like substances were abused. Very naise.
>>
No. 16063
I'm having corn jacks for dinner tonight. They're a bit like a stick of battered cream corn that you either fry or bake (I baked mine). Breddy good tbh, though I dunno if non-Australians could get them. Startpage searching (so not google bubbled to Australian hits) still shows only/mostly Australian results, so it might be our thing only.
>>
No. 16399
31 kB, 480 × 270
I wanted to make a sort of orzo salad with olive oil, tuna, feta, red onions and black olives but then I was so hungry that I ate it while it was still warm. It still tasted good, but next time I need to cook the orzo beforehand and let them cool and then I could also add some greens. I will do that with the leftovers tomorrow.

Pic only vaguely related
>>
No. 16402
>>16399
The mix of ingredients sounds good. No other spice? or a bit of lemon juice to it?

It should also work well with normal pasta I think.
>>
No. 16403
>>16402
I added a bit of parsley just for the looks of it, the ingridients are very flavorful by themselves already. But lemon juice sounds like a nice idea to make it less "heavy", I'll try it tomorrow.
>>
No. 16405
>>16403
parsely sounds fitting, salt and pepper are added as well? I will try the mixture myself on friday or so.
>>
No. 16407
>>16405
Just a little bit of salt added to the orzo while cooking. The feta is probably salty enough that you don't really have to add any. Pepper would be also too much IMO

>I will try the mixture myself on friday or so.
Nice, good luck!
I can also recommend this recipe (for which I got the orzo initially): http://cookbookcrusher.blogspot.com/2015/11/toasted-nut-orzo-achewood-cookbook.html
Very simple and tasty, though I only used almonds and no pecans when I made it
>>
No. 16409
>>16407
That looks kinda weird. I'm not sure if I want to experiment on that, rather conservative with my taste buds - in some areas of taste at least.

Every then and now I think of a Jugendstil cook book which was/is for sale on ebay. But my curiosity cannot win the fight against my inner budget administrator so far.
>>
No. 16495
24 kB, 319 × 303
>>16407
I made your recipe. It's quite tasty and I will do it again and refine mix of the ingredients.

I put the cooked pasta in cold water. Then added everything + pepper and drizzled some lemon olive oil I have here over it in addition to normal olive oil. and some chicken broth, a cheat and a habit of my ex gf which I sometimes do now myself

Next time I would put more olives had kalamata and drizzle some more oil from both oils... and overall more ingredients for a better pasta/other ingredients mix.
>>
No. 16510
88 kB, 1600 × 2240
>>16495
Noice, glad it worked out. By chicken broth do you mean just adding the powder?

Lots of oil is definitely necessary. Adding some more igredients also sounds like a good idea, especially to avoid dizziness from eating too much pasta at once.

My plan for next week is to try making some lemon curd.
>>
No. 16517
>>16510
>By chicken broth do you mean just adding the powder?

Yup. You won't notice when their is a bit of wetness/fluidity in this case the oil and tuna

>Lemon Curd
I've tasted one that could be bought. Way to sour and kind of akward. I like lemons also eaten raw pretty much and citrus fruits in general but I couldn't handle lemon curd.
>>
No. 16728
762 kB, 4160 × 3120
Improvised some sort of vegetarian caesar salad which turned out very tasty, probably mostly due to the ready-made Parmesan dressing

>>16517
>Way to sour and kind of akward.
I hope it turns out more sweet, I'm really not a fan of overly sour stuff
>>
No. 16737
912 kB, 1746 × 3104
936 kB, 1746 × 3104
844 kB, 1746 × 3104
893 kB, 1746 × 3104
I'm hooked on doing pizzas again. Trying to get a good NY Style.

I started last summer I think. It's addictive to make pizzas, once you chase the perfect self made. it's really science and thus a challenge.

The first as an ok melt and the crust/dough is really nice and chewy, a bit bread like. I heard a good NY tastes like this.

Yesterday night I couldn't sleep and was lurking the pizzamaking.com forum and I found out that a thin tomato sauce gives a better, NY like melt to the cheese. And it's true, a thick heavy sauce let the cheese melt different.
>>
No. 16738
1,3 MB, 3104 × 1746
897 kB, 1746 × 3104
878 kB, 1746 × 3104
>>16737
The second turned out better. I used a less hydrated dough than yesterday as the dough stuck to my "peel" a quadradic piece of carton so it was more difficult to stretch out. But then it was easier to toss, I flipped it in the air like in a pizza joint, it did not so much as it should to the dough stretch, I think the low hydration is at fault.
>>
No. 16744
>>16738
I approve. Looks like you got the crust right you just need the right cheese melt. It shouldn't look too watery or greasy on top, preferably with just a hint of seasoning and golden brown imo. But of course, it's a pizza. One of those things almost impossible to fuck up but requires skill to master.
>>
No. 16745
>>16737
Oh and also yeah, just a bit crisp on the outside with chewy, doughy crust. Done right the crust is almost the best part. I will never understand people who discard the crust. Also a lot of places use corn, I forget what it's called on the bottom like a gritty corn meal.
>>
No. 16747
32 kB, 304 × 288
>>16745
>just a bit crisp on the outside with chewy, doughy crust

Exactly how it turned out. You can do bread with this dough as well, just need to handle it a bit different, more hydration.

>cornmeal

Yeah I know what you mean, have tried it once a long time ago when I also had a take on a chicago deep dish. Still have enough left. I will try it instead of flour on my peelordered a wooden one today so I can finally ditch that piece of carton with a shitty vinyl inside next time. Might even work better as an anti-stick substance. With the carton piece, I need too much flour which is noticeable when you eat the pizza. Reducing that is another point to work on during my chase for the perfect home made NY pizza
>>
No. 16758
>>16738
Do you make everything from scratch? Like your own dough e.t.c.?

For some reason you inspired me to make my own pizza for the firs time ever, do you have a recipe ready which you can share? I like all kinds of pizza.
>>
No. 16759
>>16758
This is recipe i follow and that i was taught.

Tomato sauce
>chop onions
>chop garlic
>fill a pot with some olive oil
>add a bay leaf and the chopped onions and garlic
>let fry for some minutes and stir
>if it's tomato season, chop the tomatos and add them on the pot. if not use, empty a tomato can on the pot
>let the tomato fry for some minutes along with the rest and stir
>add white wine that covers everything, and you may also add salt and oregano if you want to
>let everything boil in low fire for at least 90 minutes
>afterwards remove the bay leaf and crush everything with a mixer

Dough

>put flour in a counter/bowl
>dig a hole with your hands in the middle
>break an egg into the hole, add salt and pour some olive oil
>put some water heating, but don't let it reach boiling temperature
>with your hands or a fork start mixing the egg and olive oil with the flour
>once is mixed pour the hot water little by little on the flour and keep using the hand to unify everything
>once you have all the flour mixed pour some flour on you hands and on the conter and start kneading
>add more flour if it's still too stick, but don't over do it
>you can stop kneading when you see that the dough is all homogenous, doesn't stick to anything and when you press it with you index finger, doen't stretch again

If you want you can leave the dough to rest for a couple of hours to have a better flavour, but you can stretech it right away with the dough roller.
Cheese and everyting else is up to you.

Perhaps tehre's better recipes out there...but that's how i was taught.
>>
No. 16762
88 kB, 252 × 209
>>16758
Yes, everything is from scratch. But getting to where I am is not so easy, it cost me quite an amount of frustrating attempts.

>https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php

These people are obsessed with pizza.

>NY Style

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0

One of the threads I read thru lot of unnecessary stuff
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=51924.0

In this thread I found the dough formula for a dough that can be made to pizza within 24h hours
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=39200.0

>AT/Br 100.00%
>Water 66.00%
>Oil 2.00%
>Salt 2.00%
>L-DMP 2.00%
>Sugar 1.00%
>IDY 0.40%

So what you do is you get flour, I used all purpose flour for the one yesterday, but I often use pizza flour, tipo 00, which has a high amount of gluten high protein amount, 12g/100g

300g are e.g. the 100% from there you deduce all your other dough ingredients in % and in gthus a scale is mandatory, the water in g should be luke warm.

First you mix the flour and nearly all of the water just until eveything is mixed well. let it rest for 15-20min. Then add the rest of the water in which you put your instant dry yeast (IDY) first, then oil I tend to use more oil because it's easier to stretch, salt etc the l-dmp, is low diastatic malt powder, it helps with the browning in home ovens and gives the dough a nice texture, I think about skipping it since it makes my pizzas too brown given that the cheese needs to melt some minutes.

The dough will be super wet with 66% percent water yesterday I had 58% or 60%, more % of oil and salt too. But I will go up to 61% or 63% next time, you need to fold the dough for 10min or so. Only for the last two attempts I was able to fold the dough so that is gets dryer and silky with time and thus waaaay less sticky. Folding means getting dough from below on top of it again and again, for like 10min as I said or until it's silky and non sticky.

Then I let the dough rest for at least 3h up to 6h at room temperature, covered with a wet towel or just plastic wrap.

then I stretch the dough by hand doing what he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5Pvz4XkYk

He uses oil on the bottom, ofc the opening of the dough by that air drift will fail with you and me I think, it needs training, I'm getting a bit better at it, often times the dough can rip by doing so when you have a bad dough. You can knuckle them like Frank does at 1.45, that's the best way to get it thin as beginner. But even there you must be careful. That is why I use more oil, it makes the do stratchy I read.

Then you but your opened pizza on a peel like Frank does, put flour or cornmeal on it before so you can toss it easy in to your oven home oven on highest temperature with mine is 250°, metal sheet on lowest position and then slide the pizza into the super hot metal sheet, 20min pre heat the oven with the sheet. My sheet likes horrible by now as I never cleaned it

The tomato sauce is made by passata or canned and peeled tomatoes that you crushed. As I mentioned, adding a bit of water lets the cheese melt benefit to a can of peeled tomatoes I add a tea spoon of sugar, some salt and pepper, dried oregano...you can add a bit of garlic or dried basil, means easier and more evenly melted

When you slid the pizza into the oven you wait for 5-9min depending on the cheese melt and browning and then you have a home made pizza.

The process has lots of crucial steps which will have an influence on the outcome starting with the dough, but also your oven and the sauce consistency can have an impact.
It needs some attempts until it gets really good. I was quite frustrated often, like when the pizza stucks to your peel and cannot slid into the oven. make sure to jerk your peel when you put the pizza onto it so see it's loose, do the same after the tomatoes those and then quickly put the cheese on it and jerk again and then slid into the oven.

If you use non shredded mozzarella - these small wet balls - crush them with your hands into small pieces and use a paper towel to soak up the wetness of the cheese.

You cannot let a dough rise in a fridge for 24-72h even and then put it out 2h before, can add more flavor to the dough, the malt powder also does at flavor I think.
>>
No. 16763 Kontra
>>16762
I forgot, from the 300g of flour you can make to small pizzas by splitting your whole risen dough ball in half and form two balls, lets them sit for 15min then process further like Frank does in the video.
>>
No. 16764 Kontra
>>16763
Oh and I put olive oil into my tomato sauce, too.
>>
No. 16830
>>16762
That's great, I will try it out this week, I'll post back, thank you very very much.
>>
No. 16906
134 kB, 1088 × 642
963 kB, 4160 × 3120
I did way too much chili cheese nachos and ate it all by myself. Feeling very powerful right now but also starting to feel the heartburn.
>>
No. 16936
521 kB, 680 × 445
>>16906
When you read a brief anglo recipe and have to convert imaginary units for temperature first.
>>
No. 16942
>>16936
Pffft if druggies can do it in their head then so can you.
>>
No. 16943
>>16936
For baking temperatures(~400F) you can just divide by 2 as a rule of thumb
>>
No. 16986
>>16942
>>16943
Jokes aside, it just pisses me off that I have to google it and theres no decadic rule for that.
If I have to google how many K are 0°C again it's okay, because it is my fault that I didn't remember a quasi-magic and very important universial number in a sensible system. But remembering it's 32°F...? WTF?
>>
No. 16987
>>16986
You can remember that -40 F is -40 C instead :^)
>>
No. 16990
>>16986
The offset between K and C is no more magical than water.
>>
No. 16994
>>16986
Because mildly inconveniencing everyone is, much like the best rule of government, the best rule of cooking.
>>
No. 17102
1,5 MB, 2304 × 1728
232 kB, 500 × 500
Soon going into le oven.
>>
No. 17113 Kontra
we have a cooking thread already, berndette.
>>
No. 17115
I can forgive the weebshit posting because of your ingredient choices. Noice.
>>
No. 17121
1,3 MB, 1728 × 2304
>>17113
Haven't noticed.

Anyways, heres the end result
>>
No. 17125
how often do u make pidser lel
>>
No. 17126
>>17125
I'm not the pizza Swiss.
>>
No. 17203
639 kB, 4160 × 3120
The lemon curd turned out quite nicely, sour but not too sour. Doesn't look like much but tastes good on some cookies with tea.
>>
No. 17258
>>17102
>>17121
Are those really light green chilies? Don't really see them that colour over here if so. Looks breddy tasty either way.

Following all this pizza talk over the past few days has made me want to try my hand. Maybe I will at some point in the near future, could be fun.
>>
No. 17259
I tried mixing mango chutney, pesto, chili oil and balsamic reduction drizzle. It was surprisingly not too bad.
>>
No. 17260
>>17203
This also looks good but I know my limits :-DD

What kind of biscuits are those? They look a bit like malted milks which are ebin.
>>
No. 17263
306 kB, 1600 × 1600
39 kB, 500 × 450
>>17260
>This also looks good but I know my limits :-DD
Thanks, but what limits do you mean?

>What kind of biscuits are those?
Just some regular butter biscuits (pic 1 related). They are a bit hard, similar to shortbread, so I'd actually rather just dip them in the tea next time. I've never tried proper malted milks, but I think they are similar to these Russian ones (pic 2 related) which I'd agree are very ebin.
>>
No. 17266
>>17263
I mean that I can't make sweets to save my life. Savoury to an extent, yes, but not sweets. Something about them just eludes my every attempt to make them work, let alone taste good.

I also dunno if they're similar to those Russian biscuits because I've not had them. Perhaps though. They're just a nice plain and simple biscuit with no frills. Suits me nicely. Fancier stuff like Venetians also taste incredible but I do them in moderation and do seem to just prefer simplicity most of the time
>>
No. 17286
>>17266
What how?
>butter
>sugar
That's all you really need to know. Possibly eggs, flour, fruits. Hey are there any strange candies like involving tomato, avacado, onion, garlic, carrots, zucchini etc? If pumpkin pie is a thing I bet you can make delicious onion and tomato candies and avacado pies.
>>
No. 17304
>>17266
Haha, fair enough. Lemon curd is really super easy though, that's why I decided to try it as I'm very much an amateur cook myself.

Maybe I'll actually have to attempt baking some of those malted milks myself, as the original seems to be hard to come by around here.
>>
No. 17333
>>17263
>russian
Those ones are ukrainian looks like in language

>Печиво корiвка
On tussian would be
>Печенье коровка
>>
No. 17341
331 kB, 1200 × 501
>>17333
You're right of course, but there is also pretty much sames in Russian
>>
No. 17453
>>17304
>>17304
>Maybe I'll actually have to attempt baking some of those malted milks myself, as the original seems to be hard to come by around here.

This.
But maybe the SEA/India shop has them. They have a stock of British products, not sure if it is common for former colonial countries to eat malted milks besides Australia
>>
No. 17483
29 kB, 640 × 351
Did you know, that USA so big we also have C-A-V-I-A-R?
>>
No. 17500
>>17483
I will never relinquish my opinion that it is an utterly lawless country where such a thing as Ketchup Caviar is allowed to exist
>>
No. 17501
>>17500
It's actually a little bit of a joke. There is no caviar involved. It's ketchup which looks like caviar.

Tremendously disgusting still. Ketchup is one of the worst things ever to put on or in your food. BBQ-Sauces are an exception.
>>
No. 17502
>>17501
>Ketchup is one of the worst things ever
it's good on spaghettiburgers though.
>>
No. 17506
>>17501
I have to agree with the other German: It's good on burgers and with some fried delicacies.

The Heinz Caviar is just a novelty that was brought to you by consumer/market logic.
>>
No. 17508
>>17501
Well, they did their marketing research. I am so livid that I will probably remember it for a while.
>>
No. 17514
>>17512
I'm not sure how this is related, but why the hell not, spices are also basically just ground leafs anyway
>>
No. 21738
Has anyone here cooked phở before?

I usually prepare my broth with sweet onions, garlic, loads of ginger, star anise, salt, fish oil, shank and knuckle bones. I then add a toasted spice mix of fresh ground coriander seeds, cinnamon, clove, fennel, cardamom and peppercorns. After letting all those essentials boil then simmer for 10 hours, I then strain out all the fat and spent parts before adding bánh canh or Udon noodles and boiling until soft before adding thin-sliced sirloin.

I can never eat the amount prepared in one sitting, so I usually have tons of leftovers. One problem I have is that the broth always congeals into a thick gelatinous substance upon refrigeration that never turns liquid ever after five minutes in the microwave.

What tips do you have to render the broth soupy again? I've done some cursory research and apparently others hyperboil their broth initially before straining then reboiling and simmering. Any/all help sincerely appreciated.
>>
No. 21756
>>21738
Add water and boil it in a pan.
>>
No. 21763
>>21756
the white bits of fat never really disappear, filter it is you must, but taste wise it isn't going to make a difference.
>>
No. 21765
>>21763
I'd assumed he left too much cartilage in. Idk what knuckle bones are but it sounds like something similar to aspic happened. The problem isnt just the fats but the cartilage. Fuck meat stuff is disgusting. Like the more I think about what I'm saying the more disgusted I become.