/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 11536
1,3 MB, 1520 × 1549
Why didn't we have this one yet?
Well, post what you're cooking/eating, discuss food and its culture in general and we may talk about diets as well if you want to.

I'm not a big cook myself but once in a blue moon I like to do it if the process is not too hard or needs too much time. I think the last time I actually cooked something was a south-western inspired casserole, it was extremely fatty because of the massive amount of molten cheese and I felt bad after eating it.
Today I found some older frozen asian vegetables in my freezer and cooked them together with some frozen sugar bean pods and some curry powder, I never thought cooked vegetables without any meat or carbs could taste so well.
>>
No. 11549
I have discovered half assing Thai/Italian fusion. It's startlingly good. Although, all you really need is just mixing various chilis, curries, mango, coconut, rice, etc with things like pasta, cream sauce, basil and tomato etc.

Easiest way to half ass it with no effort at all is some store bought Bang Bang sauce or https://www.yummly.com/recipes/bang-bang-sauce mixed with something like this https://diligentchef.com/best-store-bought-alfredo-sauce/ and lots of garlic. You can play around with it for various sweet-spicy-savory dishes with the absolute lowest amount of effort possible.

Of course...wait fuck I forgot it. I was making some kind of balsamic reduction and garlic chutney with something else but I have no clue what it was. I think I used an alfredo sauce as the base but I mixed in some other thing. Red pesto? I think it was red pesto? My inability to remember things is horrifying
>>
No. 11574 Kontra
>>11549
Red pesto, alfredo cream, roasted cherry tomato and caramelized onion with balsamic chutney and maybe some black olives.
>>
No. 11578
I made a casserole yesterday. Simply boil some macaroni, but some cheese and cherry tomatoes in between than pour a cream/egg mix with different herbs and pepper over it and cheese on top + rest of the tomatoes and bake for I don't know 35-45min.

In the evening I will prepare some north arabic dish with beef and beans.
>>
No. 14535
1,3 MB, 1728 × 3072
Egypt's posts in the today thread has sparked interest in me to continue this thread.

A japanophile friend of mine frequently praises matcha tea and says that I should to try to get "into" it as well. Is there any merit to his applause of matcha? It seems overpriced to me:
http://www.yuuki-cha.com/organic-green-tea/matcha

For reference I usually buy chinese black tea and oolong from the asian supermarket near me (if I do not get it as a gift).
>>
No. 14537
174 kB, 1277 × 1401
38 kB, 720 × 441
>>14535
\o/

Those Asian teas do NUFFIN.
Have you ever tried making Kenyan or Sri Lankan black tea like an Egyptian?

Here is what we do:
In a stainless steel kettle (or iron kettle for authenticity. Extra points for burn marks and dents on the kettle) we pour in the water and let it boil so hard that you'd feel the rage of poseidon. Then we add our serving (I use 1.5 teaspoons), give it a bit of stir and let it boil hard. Then we pour it into a glass exactly like pic 2 and add sugar to taste. I usually drink it far darker than pic 2.
>>
No. 14539
46 kB, 460 × 460
What are your coffee settis?

I'm an absolute plebeian who mostly drinks instant coffee (either black, with coconut oil or milk) since I'm lazy and I don't have any barista equipment anyway

At least we recently got a Nespresso capsule machine so I'm looking forward to trying that at least. At the office I used to work at they had one as well, except the professional line with the pods which were pretty decent. Then again I have really low standards in that regard.

>>14537
How long do you let it draw usually? I find black tea is often too bitter for me, especially if left to draw for too long. I only was able to drink it recently as I started adding milk
>>
No. 14540
>>14537
>Have you ever tried making Kenyan or Sri Lankan black tea like an Egyptian?
No. In terms of middle eastern countries I've had turkish tea quite a few times, and I want to try my hand at preparing it sometime:
http://www.caykur-tea.com/index.php/en/products/preparation.html
>>
No. 14542
>>14537
Can you tell about making كركديه‎ like an Egyptian?
This drink surely got me.
>>
No. 14547
36 kB, 600 × 500
>>14539
>Nespresso
I used to drink those "coins" at work. I my journey started with the pale brown -> dark drown -> pale green -> dark green, I used to drink them all with milk and sugar because back then I did not stand the taste of coffee. Then I discovered French press, and I started with those 0.25kg whole bean packs from starbucks. I was madly in love with the Guatemala and Verona blends, but those were expensive (EUR 8/0.25kg) so I switched to dark Yemeni roast from a very old shop with garden rosemary added to it by a friend of mine, then this friend moved to Germany and I switched to a local franchise that sells coffee for EUR 2/0.25kg and tastes like anus, but it does the trick. I also tried Caribou, a slightly cheaper (EUR 6/0.25kg) variant than starbucks and it I liked it.

>How long do you let it draw usually? I find black tea is often too bitter for me, especially if left to draw for too long. I only was able to drink it recently as I started adding milk
I instantly drink it after pouring it from the kettle, but I usually let it boil for around 2-5 minutes, depending on the mood that I'm in.

>>14540
It takes some practice to get it right, but there are machines that does everything for you and apparently they taste good, pic related.

>>14542
ah, كركديه (каркадьэ/Розелла/Roselle). A very healthy and tasty drink indeed!
You buy a pack of dried roselle leaves, soak them in a bowl of boiling water and let that sit for two hours, then separate the dark red liquid from the leaves with a colander and put in the fridge.
There are teabags of that, but they're very weak compared to the original stuff.
>>
No. 14686
>>14535
Matcha is a nice flavoring for other foods, but as tea it's just meh. If you've ever had green tea flavored ice cream, pastries, etc., just take that flavor and put it in water without any sugar.

Normal green tea is better.
>>
No. 14703
1,6 MB, 1920 × 2560
Meal for today is curry rice. Simple and cheap. Rice with a mix of gravy and keen's mixed in. That is literally it and it tastes good man. Perfect derro food.
>>
No. 14709
Yesterday I had lentil soup with croutons, stir fried vegetables and a seared entrecote that I actually fried by mistake. It was very good.

Today's mean is a mystery, but probably it's going to be the same, or I might be eating in a restaurant because I am seeing a friend of mine who moved to Ireland...and I have no money for that hohohihihahaplskillme.

I am looking for other easy recipes for stir fry vegetables. I improvised and added a hint of BBQ sauce to the mix and it actually turned out great, added sweet chili sauce but I think I added it incorrectly because it did fuck all.

fucking work proxy. I am not posting from England!
>>
No. 14964
Chopped some tofu to little cubes, roasted them in olive oil with walnut splinters, added rice, curry and soy sauce... and had my simple 5minutes meal.
>>
No. 14983
Oyster mushrooms on a swiss cheese sandwich with mayo because lazy. Also had some pretty nice pierogi made the correct way, which is boiled then fried.
>>
No. 14985
For dinner I just had sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup.

Just put the whole potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour. After the time is up, cut them in half, and the flesh will literally fall out of the skin, no hassle involved. Some tips:

-Poke a lot of holes in one side of each potato with a fork. Otherwise there will be a big explosion of sweet potato sugar syrup coming out of one concentrated spot.
-Cook on a layer or two of parchment paper on a cookie tray or wire rack. The potatoes will leak a sugary syrup while cooking, it's better to just toss some paper into the trash than waste time washing a metal sheet.
-Eat by mashing the potatoes and mixing in butter, and add salt to taste. You can add some kind of sweetener, but good potatoes won't require it.

One average sized sweet potato is about 120 calories, so you can eat quite a lot without gaining weight. Sweet potatoes are also very filling. A meal of buttery sweet potatoes + some kind of meat provides a good mix of healthy carbohydrates, fat, and protein.
>>
No. 15494
My mum made a chocolate, pear and cardamom torte for xmas. It was pretty good
>>
No. 15540
62 kB, 610 × 458
62 kB, 610 × 458
KÄSEWÄHE
Ä
S
E
W
Ä
H
E

Huärämongos :DDDD
>>
No. 15596
125 kB, 1080 × 931
Today we (my parents & me) finally finished the last leftovers of the Christmas meal...

We had delicious roasted duck from local farmers with red cabbage, potatoes and mlinci
(thin dried flatbread that is soaked in the poultry fat). The meal looked similar to pic related.
>>
No. 15600
45 kB, 778 × 512
>>
No. 15605
24 kB, 638 × 425
Yesterday I had molokheya (jute mallow, pic related), beef cubes with tomato and garlic sauce and white rice. I slammed all those together on one large plate, added some diced hot chili pepper and dug in like a mad man. Endorphins were released and probably some Tryptophan-like substances were abused. Very naise.
>>
No. 16063
I'm having corn jacks for dinner tonight. They're a bit like a stick of battered cream corn that you either fry or bake (I baked mine). Breddy good tbh, though I dunno if non-Australians could get them. Startpage searching (so not google bubbled to Australian hits) still shows only/mostly Australian results, so it might be our thing only.
>>
No. 16399
31 kB, 480 × 270
I wanted to make a sort of orzo salad with olive oil, tuna, feta, red onions and black olives but then I was so hungry that I ate it while it was still warm. It still tasted good, but next time I need to cook the orzo beforehand and let them cool and then I could also add some greens. I will do that with the leftovers tomorrow.

Pic only vaguely related
>>
No. 16402
>>16399
The mix of ingredients sounds good. No other spice? or a bit of lemon juice to it?

It should also work well with normal pasta I think.
>>
No. 16403
>>16402
I added a bit of parsley just for the looks of it, the ingridients are very flavorful by themselves already. But lemon juice sounds like a nice idea to make it less "heavy", I'll try it tomorrow.
>>
No. 16405
>>16403
parsely sounds fitting, salt and pepper are added as well? I will try the mixture myself on friday or so.
>>
No. 16407
>>16405
Just a little bit of salt added to the orzo while cooking. The feta is probably salty enough that you don't really have to add any. Pepper would be also too much IMO

>I will try the mixture myself on friday or so.
Nice, good luck!
I can also recommend this recipe (for which I got the orzo initially): http://cookbookcrusher.blogspot.com/2015/11/toasted-nut-orzo-achewood-cookbook.html
Very simple and tasty, though I only used almonds and no pecans when I made it
>>
No. 16409
>>16407
That looks kinda weird. I'm not sure if I want to experiment on that, rather conservative with my taste buds - in some areas of taste at least.

Every then and now I think of a Jugendstil cook book which was/is for sale on ebay. But my curiosity cannot win the fight against my inner budget administrator so far.
>>
No. 16495
24 kB, 319 × 303
>>16407
I made your recipe. It's quite tasty and I will do it again and refine mix of the ingredients.

I put the cooked pasta in cold water. Then added everything + pepper and drizzled some lemon olive oil I have here over it in addition to normal olive oil. and some chicken broth, a cheat and a habit of my ex gf which I sometimes do now myself

Next time I would put more olives had kalamata and drizzle some more oil from both oils... and overall more ingredients for a better pasta/other ingredients mix.
>>
No. 16510
88 kB, 1600 × 2240
>>16495
Noice, glad it worked out. By chicken broth do you mean just adding the powder?

Lots of oil is definitely necessary. Adding some more igredients also sounds like a good idea, especially to avoid dizziness from eating too much pasta at once.

My plan for next week is to try making some lemon curd.
>>
No. 16517
>>16510
>By chicken broth do you mean just adding the powder?

Yup. You won't notice when their is a bit of wetness/fluidity in this case the oil and tuna

>Lemon Curd
I've tasted one that could be bought. Way to sour and kind of akward. I like lemons also eaten raw pretty much and citrus fruits in general but I couldn't handle lemon curd.