/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 12072
23 kB, 660 × 371
65 kB, 640 × 363
50 kB, 700 × 467
673 kB, 1920 × 1200
Recent events:
-Brazil gets pro-right president Jair Messias Bolsonaro and current political and economical future is currently foggy. There a lot mixed opinions about him, some protests exist. Some people call him as local version of Trump, however in many ways his rithoric much more argessive and he is much more "right" person in geeral. Most of news you can find is from western sources thought, I dont know Portuguese sadly.

-In Russia situation with Chechen-Ingushetia border still strange. Most of protests ended when republican court said that decidion of Ingushetia goverment to shift border was illegal, but Ingushetia goverment said that kinda it was not, and leader of republic who so want to give land to Kadyrov said that will counter this decidion in federal court, even thought by law federal court has no rights to counter this kind of decidions of republic court.

-In India Builded biggest statue in world, 182 meters high of Vallabhbhai Patel, one of creators of India constitution and builders of modern Indian state

-In vatican was found fragments of bones which was suspected to be bones of girl kindnapped back in early 80s, most probably by Italian mafia. Vatikan already said that will give any assistance to police in this investigation.
>>
No. 12085
In completely unimportant but funny news
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/31/dog-shoots-man-hunting-accident-las-cruces/1838921002/
I don't understand how this keeps happening. This is far from the first time an American got shot by his own dog.
>>
No. 12087
To burgers: did the US Department of State end up responding to that Congressional letter requesting details on the aid given to the Saudis in the Yemen conflict? It was deadlined for the 31st and you're more likely to hear about it than I am over here.
>>
No. 12095
>>
No. 12102
362 kB, 3 pages
>>12087
https://www.justsecurity.org/61053/annotation-sec-pompeos-certification-yemen-war-civilian-casualties-resulting-saudi-led-coalitions-operations/
A good analysis of secretary of state Pompeo's Memorandum of Justification regarding US aid to Saudi war efforts in Yemen. This memorandum was required by law to keep the war money flowing, and led to the Congressional letter demanding clarification(attached pdf). I haven't seen any news on The State Department responding to this, but it's no coincidence that Pompeo is suddenly calling for peace talks.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/10/30/secretary-state-mike-pompeo-pushes-end-yemen-conflict/1827235002/
It looks like the usual low effort anti-war movement in Congress has picked up steam following the Jamal Khashoggi murder, but I'm not optimistic anything will happen.
>>
No. 12115
>>12102
The weapons we've been selling them have been used to bomb school buses full of children. Of course with the current faggot in office I expect even more media silence about that sort of thing than usual, which is already normally pretty silent. Honestly if I was a Yemeni and my family got wiped out by an American bomb I'd probably spend the rest of my life swearing to kill as many Americans as possible.

What I wish would happen is more of these guys to start suicide bombing and assassinating our corporate, financial, and political elites. Fuck I'd pay to see that happen.
>>
No. 12118
>>12102
Yeah, when I first read that letter it was a pretty nice feel to see some part of the American establishment being the good guys in a non-limpdick manner and putting the screws to the war profiteers. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a reply is disheartening though since that stuff is largely Freedom of Information covered and not classified information. The only reason to hide it is to cover the administration's own dirty laundry. Still, if DoS is shook up a bit by it, maybe it had some kind of positive effect and the US still has some hope.
>>
No. 12130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90w7JbzCtqo

self-hating jew from israel discusses how modern politics is a sham
>>
No. 12142
>>12118
>Still, if DoS is shook up a bit by it, maybe it had some kind of positive effect
That was my take on this. The important points of the October letter show Congess isn't willing to rubber stamp what amounts to Saudi Arabian apologetics(I'm not smearing all of Saudi Arabia here, I know wars are driven by a few people at the top). I think the real threat to the DoS and DoD is the resolution that could cut off funding for Yemen war support.
>If passed, the resolution would give the Pentagon 30 days to wind down its refueling of Saudi warplanes and providing of intelligence on targets. Future assistance would be prohibited unless Congress voted to authorize U.S. involvement. A similar resolution was defeated in the Senate in March by a vote of 55 to 44.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-yemen-trump-20181031-story.html

It came close to passing befor the Khashoggi murder, and might actually pass if the administration doesn't do some negotiating. I assume the call for a ceasefire is an attempt to keep enough Republicans from joining the Democrats in what would amount to a public neutering of the president.
>>
No. 12172
>>12142
Midterms are in a few days too. If more Democrats come in then Al Saud is definitely having their support cut.
>>
No. 12199
>>
No. 12218
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/tallahassee-yoga-shooter-incel-far-right-misogyny-video

I remember my surprise from reading the post which suggested that sexual frustration of Muslims in the Middle East led to radicalization of youth, conflict and reinforcements of ISIS ranks. I didn't expect that in America will come the day when a community of white virgin terrorists will be formed.
>>
No. 12298
Just don't forget, I warned you all about this
https://www.foxnews.com/us/gas-leak-cause-of-house-exploding-in-pa-felt-in-nj-authorities-said
America is going to increasingly suffer gas explosions, bridge collapses, and the spread of now or new deadly disease. First, the country will be sickened as you see increasingly that there are infrastructure failures. Then you will be noticing more and more cracks in our navy, and our air force, and the other branches, as more ships and planes crash into each other or sink. Then the American economy will start to shit the bed, and shortly of that things get real as they say.
>>
No. 12300
>>12199
>In the case of Danske Bank Estonia, one of the correspondent banks did suspect something was wrong. In 2013, J.P. Morgan terminated its correspondent banking relationship with Danske Bank Estonia because it was concerned that it was being used as a conduit for dodgy funds. Deutsche Bank, however, blithely continued to make U.S. dollar wire transfers on behalf of the Estonia branch’s non-resident customers after J.P. Morgan’s departure. So did Bank of America, which replaced J.P. Morgan.

Interesting.
>>
No. 12302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANVFDu8FWb8
Trump's former lawyer (now a convict) said that Trump repeatedly used racist language in private.
>>
No. 12303
>>12302
>in private
1937-tier crime
>>
No. 12311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdjkBmddju0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQH9EbkEU8

Former president of mexico, who belonged to the PRI, was building a 13 billion dollar airport for the capital, now the new president stopped the construction. The project was unpopular with many groups for different reasons.
>>
No. 12314
>>12302
Honestly I don't care all that much nor do I see it as shocking. Actually I am a bit more shocked that Trump didn't say "only the n*****s could live like this" and instead it says "only the blacks live like this". This could also be because Trump is one of the establishment elites, and the wealthy elites just don't talk like that. Of course everyone knows the main reason why he even decided to run for president was because of how profoundly butthurt he was that a half black man in a higher position of power than himself mocked him. Nor do I really think this is going to shock anybody, nor do I think most black voters were going to vote for him anyway. They are saying there's no black people in his cabinet, but frankly what I found more shocking is he has no pets. That in its own right makes him profoundly untrustworthy as a personality. People can be racist assholes, but then there's whether the guy is a true psychopath or not. If you lived 70 years and never had a pet I'd assume something is very deeply wrong about you and that his other attitudes and behaviors derive from that.
>>
No. 12318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0yh6HPenhE
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46087053
New Caledonia, a french archipelago territory in the Pacific (less than 300k people and a bit smaller than Israel in territory), had a referendum about independence, and 56% voted for staying with France, which angered the local ethnicity, the Kanak, who think that ethnic french and other non-native ethnicities who were brought by the french are getting in the way of their independence.
>>
No. 12320
>>12318
This is interesting, but there no reason to just plain copy all news with video and one single quote. We are not news agregator.
>>
No. 12326
>>12318
It is a very interesting situation in the South Pacific because whenever an island is decolonised, what ends up happening is that ANZ ends up being the new colonial overlord because a lot of them can't keep their economies afloat on tourism alone. It got to the point where New Zealand had a 'Pacific reboot' and shifted regional policy towards exchange on equal footing and not as the wealthier country propping up the poor one. Better to have these independent states be part of our dysfunctional APAC family than as vassals.
>>
No. 12329
>>12326
Yes, I read that Timor Leste is basically australian clay these days.
>>
No. 12330
>>12326
I thought the Pacific reboot was more of a foreign aid exercise now that China is increasingly making deals/loans with vulnerable island that carry the risk of bases?

Seems like you will be shelling out tax money forever.
>>
No. 12335
>>12329
Pretty much. Same with our gulag on Nauru. The president or whatever is so deep in our pocket it isn't even funny because of AussieBux.

>>12330
Yes, that is what I meant. The colonial parallels got so obvious that there was an actual threat that they could win the moral victory with their bankrolling. So instead NZ starts treating them as actual countries to maybe earn some goodwill beyond being the bux provider. This is Cold War II down here. 4d chess is the order of the day because ANZ aren't enough of a power to dickwave back.
>>
No. 12381
I wonder of anyone non-post USSR one knows eussian language enough to understand written things and know it's own posts
>>
No. 12388
>>12335
Australia + New Zealand have 30 million people and total GDP 1,700 trillion which is more than Russia, Turkey, Iran or Saudi Arabia have. The problem is only in your head and the isolation of Western countries in general, you have incredible opportunities to influence the outside world and you can achieve a lot if the whole country wants it.
>>
No. 12389
>>12388
I'm talking about how we're playing the political game against China (in some aspects) rather than joining the US in blatantly dickwaving with our fleet because our fleet isn't really a threat to China. Even with their shitty carrier, they still have more force projection than we do with our flagship which is just a helo carrier. We even invited them to our naval wargames after catching them spying on them a few years ago, presumably this is both sides gathering intel and trying to obfuscate actual capabilities from each other in a decidedly non-live-fire scenario. We don't really do any of the freedom of navigation games of chicken like the sepps do because we don't really have the implied threat of multiple fleet carriers to back it up. Also, a lot of that GDP is in raw materials like unrefined ore and/or coal and services. Our secondary industry is pretty slim but dig up the right rocks and it doesn't matter. We're up there with Brickistan in being the go-to guys for weapons grade uranium after all.
>>
No. 12390
63 kB, 621 × 266
At this point it seems to be urban America vs rural Anerica, am I right?
>>
No. 12391
>>12381
At this stage I can understand basic posts, even though I lack vocabulary and can't write a sentence without fucking up cases even if my life depended on it.
>>
No. 12441
>>12391
Oh sorry, I accidentaly posted it in news thread, I wanted to post it in Today Thread

И что, ты можешь прочитать вот это без гугл переводчика?

Ну иль вот, тип задачка посложнее - понять чо я тута настрочил.
>>
No. 12446
>>12441
Yes, гугл took me a while to figure out.
I can't really figure out the second sentence. My studies of Russian are falling behind due to me spending more time reading about Russian history, also wasting time playing vidja.
>>
No. 12451
>>12446
In second example, I itentionaly inserted non-standart, casual talk words into sentence, to make it not work with automatic translation. Russian have ability of word transformation and sentence structure adoption which can be undrestandable only by people who actualy know language and will not work well with current level of automatic translation.

Ты можешь написать что-нибудь самостоятельно? Я постараюсь использовать структуру предложений, наиболее понятную для автоматического переводчика.
>>
No. 12452
>>12451
Я ничего не написал, только основы
>>
No. 12453
>>12452
>Я ничего не написал
You used not correct form of verb. Написал is basicly ended single event, like "Написал письмо", when you instead most probably meant "Я ничего не писал". Otherwhise it fully understandable, but you may really add word "ещё" there, which will meant that you haven't written anything at current moment.
"Я ещё ничего не писал, только основы." or "Я ничего ещё не писал, только основы" or even "Ещё только основы, я пока ничего не писал." or whatever, I think you familiar with flexibility of word order and feel of best chose for your ordering in situation.

Yeah, I know that you said that you did word forms wrong, I not saying anything to you, I just kinda bored lol
>>
No. 12454
>>12453
It's alright, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
>>
No. 12460
>>12453
>>12454
Please teach me how to learn Russian. Your grammar, cases, and just learning the dozens of ways to append a word is baffling me and I feel really retarded being monolingual.
>>
No. 12479
>>12460
Other case-based language learner. Get a manual and work through it. It's not easy but if you actually want to learn it then you will. The real hurdle is finding a conversational partner to actually practice with, and text alone isn't perfect because of how following a language audibly can often be far more difficult than following the text at your own pace.
>>
No. 12480
https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/8/18076532/fake-doctored-video-cnn-cspan-infowars-sarah-huckabee-sanders-jim-acosta
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265
It's interesting that the White House stuff doctored the video and then passed it as "original". How can you argue with the administration about anything if they feel free to lie?
>>
No. 12484
>>12480
The problem is then they act like professional victims and try to make people feel too guilty to press the question, and we dont have many people with the courage left to bother really pressing the pertinent issues.
>>
No. 12489
51 kB, 640 × 426
>>12480
Fake news!
>>
No. 12491
>>12480
The strange thing about this is how they really had no reason to lie. It doesn't need to be sped up, he was out of line during a formal press conference and I imagine most Democrats would accept that. I'd have crucified him for throwing his weight around with one my interns.

At least this adds fuel to the reasoning that no matter how good video editing gets institutions themselves remain too incompetent to get away with it.
>>
No. 12500
233 kB, 1280 × 861
148 kB, 1280 × 854
182 kB, 1280 × 854
118 kB, 1280 × 784
https://apnews.com/8cc9527b1d904dedbe9b39d10df99c58

Another forest fire in claifornia. This time was destroyed city of Paradise, not far from SF. Population of around 27.000 people was sucsesfully evacuated, even throught city alredy was in ring of fire. Of cource, this is not first case of fire in california, but pretty big one this time. Hope it will be stopped untill it will damage more things.
>>
No. 12501
>>12491
Regarding psychopaths:
>All psychopaths lie. They tell big lies, small lies, outrageous lies. They lie when they would be better off telling the truth. So why do psychopaths lie?

>When normal people lie, it’s generally to escape blame for a failure or shortcoming (as in, “The dog ate my homework”), or to preserve social dignity, (as in, “No, those jeans don’t make you look fat.”)

>In contrast, psychopaths lie in order to exert power and control over others. Sometimes they have an agenda, such as trying to con you out of money. Once we realize that psychopaths have been lying to take things from us, we are outraged, but we can understand the purpose of the lies.

>What is truly mystifying are the lies for no apparent reason. For example, I know of several cases in which psychopaths met someone online, showered them with attention, promised them the world, proclaimed their love, and when the targets finally fell head-over-heels, dumped them.

>The psychopaths didn’t get any money. They didn’t even get any sex. So why did they go to all the trouble of seducing the targets? For the thrill of exerting control over them. This is called “duping delight”...Psychopaths literally feel a rush when they convince people to believe their lies.

https://lovefraud.com/why-do-psychopaths-lie/

>Psychopaths are pathological liars. We lie to the people we meet and we lie to ourselves. I would surmise that a differentiator between the successful psychopath and the unsuccessful psychopath is not only the magnitude of the lie but the frequency of the lies as well. Some psychopaths come up with incredible lies worthy of their self-grandiosity. Some, like myself, tell mostly truth so that falsehoods are swallowed whole. It is a diverse spectrum of lying, but there is one constant that unifies all psychopaths: we lie to get what we want and feel no remorse over those lies we have spun.
http://psychogendered.com/2015/06/psychopaths-and-lying-part-3/
sorry for sources but the last one is just hilarious
>>
No. 12502
5,9 MB, 492 × 360, 0:59
>>12500
It's a regular natural disaster in Cali but climate change is making it way, way worse. Say, how come I didn't hear about major Russian or Australian forest fires this year? Last I heard Australia has some of the most intense ones.
>>
No. 12511
I know it's irrelevant but I found it funny
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46147777
>>
No. 12512
>>12502
Our season hasn't really started yet. December is usually when it kicks off properly. That's when it's both hot and dry.
>>
No. 12513
>>12491
I think it might've been an issue for all parties regardless, still this is baffling to me. American politics have become so puerile.
>>
No. 12519
73 kB, 577 × 1024
>>
No. 12526
61 kB, 704 × 470
64 kB, 704 × 470
>>12502
Adittionally burned down city where was shoot Westworld TV series.
https://twitter.com/johnschreiber/status/1060988566967214081

>how come I didn't hear about major Russian
There was ones, they happen every year, but at this point probably nobody cares since most of fires in inhabitent zones, also goverment trying to not talk about it since it show absolute incompetence of our firefighter services, they like one of the worst in da world, and this year was more memes that people talk about - like fire in some gian mall that showed incompetence of firefighters even more.
>>
No. 12545
>>12502
Just yesterday i explored google maps. What surprised me the most about USA is that you can ride from washington to boston and only 300 miles away from washington there was a section outside of the urban sprawl.
No wonder that with such city density fires are a big news for you.
>>
No. 12551
>>12526
>incompetence
I was actually thinking that when I saw the clip. Watching those Russian firefighters I was thinking "oh shit what are you doing is this their best clip of 'professionalism'?"
>>
No. 12554
I'm hundreds of miles from any big fire, not even downwind of one. But there's still a visible haze in the distance, and the light looks like it's been passed through a semi-apocalyptic filter. Almost like it's morning or evening, but it's midday, and the shadows and other little details don't match. Feels kind of eerie.
>>
No. 12556
https://dailytimes.com.pk/318631/asia-bibis-husband-appeals-to-us-uk-canada-for-refuge/
I am unclear on whether or not the UK is deciding against letting her claim asylum. Because you know.
>>
No. 12557
>>12556
Think about what is being asked here. They could claim asylum almost anywhere if they are able to get out of the country. There's no question about it given the evidence and public pressure. Her lawyer is already safe in the Netherlands.

What is instead being asked is for Asia to leave the country when the government is barely in control of the situation. Going by early reports (swiftly denied) she might be out of the country right now but the moment that goes public risks inadvertently killing hundreds of people.

>Because you know.

No, I don't.
>>
No. 12606
https://twitter.com/marklowen/status/1061199406979076096
Do you remember the moment when Murican president embarassed himself because he didn't know the differences between the Baltics and the Balkans? I do.
>>
No. 12630
Secret plot by 200 elite neo-Nazi soldiers within 'German SAS' to slaughter politicians and immigrants in mission known as 'Day X' is smashed after former major confesses all

Funny thing - in german army really huge group of Neo-nazis who wanted to kill many guys and politicans, like some major people from green party, some ministers and former president. Interesting and big case, and probably, very big news inside germany currently. Hey, german posters, tell us more details and whats happening about this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6374085/Secret-plot-200-elite-neo-Nazi-soldiers-German-SAS-slaughter-politicians.html

https://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/planten-anschlag-fall-franco-a-bka-hat-hinweise-auf-netzwerk-innerhalb-der-bundeswehr_id_9877882.html
>>
No. 12666
>>12630
Weimar tier.
>>
No. 12667
>>12630
Sounds like bollocks. There's no credible news talking about this so I can just imagine it was some drunk lads talking about how their politicians can get fucked - obviously being Germany it's an offense fit for the firing squad.
>>
No. 12669
>>12606
Funny thing is that's not even near the most stupid or embarrassing thing he's done so far.
>>
No. 12683
>>12630
My bad night got even worse after reading that they had this plan and did not get through with it.
>>
No. 12692
>be American security guard
>stop gunmen from making more people shot
>police arrive
>get shot
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-13/security-guard-jemel-roberson-shot-dead-at-chicago-bar/10493424
>>
No. 12713
1,2 MB, 1920 × 1080
https://twitter.com/dw_politics

http://www.europe1.fr/politique/emmanuel-macron-sur-la-montee-des-nationalismes-en-europe-je-nexagere-en-rien-je-suis-lucide-3794444

Merkel supported Macron's proposal of creating united European Army.
How realexecution of such proposal? Is this just talks or there may be real implementations of this idea to some degree? What European countries should do to make their armies as united force? How such theoretical force will be competitive with China/USA/Russia?

Funny thing that in original idea Macron see this as protection of europe from Russia/China and, suprisingly, USA. He also see Europe "main victim" of USA left of Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.
>>
No. 12716
>>12713
They'd been talking about doing this for awhile (they meaning EU) but Merkel specifically brought this up after trump. Neither France nor Germany now sees the United States as a reliable partner so this is almost entirely the result of that retard in office destroying what's left of our international reputation. It isnt really news though as nothing seems to be getting done to create EuroFor and it's been brought up. Europe no longer considers us as protectors but now as flaky belligerants.
>>
No. 12719
>>12716
It interesting, that in theory consolidated force of core European states Armies - France, German, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal can be really competitive force with modern Russia and even China and they basicly not that much need NATO and USA support at this point.
I think nowdays after kind of random mess of post-cold war times and politics we can see how forming new major fractions, and like it was before WW2, there more than two major forces. USA need to do something to not become minor faction like Russia did
>>
No. 12727
755 kB, 955 × 716
>>12713
The deepest integration is actually being spearheaded by Germany and her need to quickly build up a competent military. This is done along lines of Eastern European and low-country brigades being integrated with German equipment so that theoretically the Dutch have tanks and the German's have bodies. Such moves are especially acute now as many EU states are increasing defence budgets but it'll take years before any of that will show -even assuming decent recruitment.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/22/germany-is-quietly-building-a-european-army-under-its-command/

Macron makes noise but even the earlier carrier sharing deal with Britain has been fraught with questions over the French obsession with Francafrique that make integration difficult. Policy across the bloc is more or less impossible to coordinate which is why NATO has been the organisation that traditionally deals with regional security. This is why a particular spur has been the Russian invasion of Crimea and Britain (along with France the only state capable of projection) distancing herself.

European governments have collectively gone "oh fuck, we probably shouldn't have cut defence to the bone after the Cold War" in recent years. That is emblematic of the problem that a proper EU military will only solidify when a realistic regional threat emerges.

>>12716
To be honest, you should be celebrating. It's long been unfair that some Chardonnay sipping, Brie huffing, metrosexuals on the continent should benefit from other's protection. The United States has enough pressure over the coming decades without having to babysit Germany whenever her “slide it in, Russia” policy goes pear-shaped.
>>
No. 12735
280 kB, 800 × 798
>>12727
As it stands, I worry that a legitimate united European Army is unfeasible to say the least. An increase in European expenditures within the current framework will not particularly assist within a formation of a united military.
I am ignorant of what the costs would be, but in order for Europe to mobilize itself as a military superpower, a full military reform for all member states would be necessary.
The current military situation of the European Union works well within the NATO framework, as assistant forces for a greater US military spearhead. One can see the coalition forces modus operandi within in Iraq to draw out how a large unified military show of force would work out. A primary opening strike conducted primarily by the US forces, followed by occupation of Iraqi territory under the banners of different nationalities, all operating within different sectors. This is a form of lessening the inherent frictions of utilizing the armies of different nations, and maintaining a main military structure upheld by NATO command.

All of this isn't to say that a European Army isn't certainly pushed for by a significant portion of the European Parliament, but that this will be simply an ideological debate within the near future.
>>
No. 12738
>>12735
>>12727
>>12719
Basically Europe needs to standardize everything including tools, parts, language, and command or it's going to be a complete fiasco.

Which IIRC it was the last time Europe even tried doing something like this without the US. And with the Brits possibly pushed out there goes a massive amount of your force projection, air force, actually competent soldiers and military command, and nuclear deterrent among other things. On the other hand, you won't have to deal with their hipster imperial measurements if they even use it militarily.
>>
No. 12739
>>12738
Parts and ammunition will be big ones, especially with how the smaller producer nations like the Czech Republic or Poland are going to get miffed if they aren't properly integrated and are just told to use the product of a larger producer nation. I expect the diplomacy to get pretty ugly tbh.
>>
No. 12746
>>12739
Poland makes weapons?
>>
No. 12748
418 kB, 600 × 450
>>12738
>Basically Europe needs to standardize everything including tools, parts, language, and command
The choice is evident.
>>
No. 12750
>>12748
It appears Ivan over there is not very fond of the EU, just like the burgers? KEK
I'm not a big fan of the neoliberal banker faggots who run it currently either tbh, but the EU itself, as a concept, is a good thing for it's members, same would go for a common military. I remember Britain completely chimping out and warmongering against NATO-member Spain over Gibraltar just two weeks after Brexit. NATO is obviously pretty much useless for preserving peace within Europe, burgers only need it to project power in their own interest.
>>
No. 12752
>>12750
Tbh I'm suspicious of a United Europe mainly because I see it as a tool for Satan to create a NWO. I'm suspicious of all regional power blocs for the same reason.
t. Knower of creating global Satanic hegemonies

You can also ask Russia about that.
>>
No. 12753
>>12750
United Europe is not bad per se.
But I see several problems.
There are several historical points of power in Europe. Germany and France compete with each other, and they wouldn't want to yield. There was UK, but it seems, they gave up on this competition.
Western and Eastern Europe are not equal. I'd say, Eastern EU members have become "colonies" of Western EU members. Work migrants from Eastern EU come to Western EU for better live, but do they return to their homes? Pre-2004 EU members are a lot more equal to each other.
Unity comes from mutual respect or domination. Eastern EU members are very fond of EU because of gibs, but Western EU members are less enthusiastic about EU because they must gib. When Brussels asks about actions in Eastern EU (E-EU), E-EU members make distressed look, but when there appears Russia, E-EU members remember about European unity, because EU unity made of mutual respect lets them to behave a lot more freely (like ignoring Brussels) than latest Eastern Bloc unity, which was built on domination and didn't ask any opinions.
>>
No. 12756
>>12752
>Tbh I'm suspicious of a United Europe mainly because I see it as a tool for Satan to create a NWO. I'm suspicious of all regional power blocs for the same reason.t. Knower of creating global Satanic hegemonies
Europe is herbivorous animal. China and usa will continue to do whatever they want, but this time Europe will have deeply concerned army.
United european army will deal with Africa, currently Europe has no military possibility to oppose usa or China.
I would be more afraid that they will create core european countries that will profit from european army and border countries that will only dump money in it. Whole idea is more dangerous to european union, than to its rivals.
>>
No. 12758
>>12746
Yes, they're all brought together under the Polish Arms Group which is a state-owned company that holds majority shares in the various arms companies. A lot of their home designs are tossed out as AK variants but they're based on a Polish rifle which was designed to use interchangeable parts with AK-74 rifles. They were not a licensed production, so the similarities are based on branched devlopments rather than being a variant. They do have a more modern rifle in the MSBS though which has been considered in a few places, including France (though it lost the competition in the end) and is being phased in as the Polish service rifle. They also have a small industry for guided missiles, mostly just GROM MANPADS though, and by extension some indigenous air defense systems using the same missile.
>>
No. 12781
>>12735
>A primary opening strike conducted primarily by the US forces, followed by occupation of Iraqi territory under the banners of different nationalities, all operating within different sectors.

I'd be careful with this assumption. The level of embedding between NATO armies is enormous and growing which is likely impossible to do without. Take for example that British fighter pilots were bombing in Syria long before British Parliamentary authorisation - why? Because they were on loan to American carriers. At the same time the QEII carriers are not planned to ever have a full British fighter complement (simply won't have the aircraft) but rather our frens will have a sleepover should the Argies want a rematch. Similarly, looking at the Invasion of Iraq you see the coalition armies operating in tandem which is perfectly exemplified by the Battle of Umm Qasr. It would've been wasteful to not use American, British and Polish forces together in bringing overwhelming force.

>All of this isn't to say that a European Army isn't certainly pushed for by a significant portion of the European Parliament, but that this will be simply an ideological debate within the near future.

I just don't see it ever getting the spark needed for it. The Russians are just as incompetent as we are, East Asia might as well be on the Moon, America shares European ideology and everyone else can be bombed with impunity or is seeing manpower outsourcing (AU). European states individually can already handle day to day issues and most everything else is a problem of willpower while the capacity is more than there.

>>12738
It's already standardised thanks to NATO on matters like ammunition and language. Even heavy equipment is increasingly seeing standardisation around options like the Leopard and broad technology packages. I think the latter might even be a mistake considering a key advantage of Europe is a range of equipment that set the benchmark in doing certain things.

>>12750
>NATO is obviously pretty much useless for preserving peace within Europe, burgers only need it to project power in their own interest.

You might want to take a look at what the EU response was to the Balkan Wars before making such claims.
>>
No. 12797
108 kB, 7 pages
53 kB, 2 pages
1,4 MB, 585 pages
I may as well quote this in full because it is quite the happening:

>Brexit: Cabinet backs draft agreement

>The cabinet has backed a draft withdrawal agreement between the UK and the EU, Theresa May has said. The prime minister was speaking after what she said was a "long, detailed and impassioned debate" in a five-hour cabinet meeting. She said it was a "decisive step" in the progress of Brexit, and would allow the agreement to be finalised. The EU's chief negotiator said it was in both sides' interests. But leading Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg described it as a "rotten deal".

>BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the cabinet was "certainly not unanimous", with nine ministers speaking out against the deal. In her statement outside Downing Street, Mrs May said the agreed package was "the result of thousands of hours of hard negotiation with EU officials". She believed that "this decisive choice is in the best interests of the entire UK", adding: "When you strip away the detail, the choice before us is clear. This deal, which delivers on the vote of the referendum, which brings back control of our money, laws and borders, ends free movement, protects jobs, security and our Union; or leave with no deal, or no Brexit at all."

>The 585-page draft withdrawal agreement has now been published, alongside a shorter statement setting out what the UK and EU's future relations will look like. The withdrawal agreement covers so-called "divorce" issues. It includes a commitment to protect the rights of EU nationals in the UK and Britons living in the EU to continue living, working and studying. There is also a planned 21-month transition period after the UK leaves the EU in March 2019, and a "financial settlement" from the UK, thought to be about £39bn.

>The most contentious part of the negotiations is a "backstop", which aims to guarantee that physical checks will not be reintroduced at the border with the Irish Republic, in the event this is not settled by a UK-EU trade deal. Both sides have resolved to ensure the backstop is not necessary by coming up with alternative arrangements.

>Speaking at a press conference, EU negotiator Michel Barnier said if this is not possible by July 2020, the transition period could be extended - and if it is still not settled by the end of the transition, the backstop would "kick in". This would involve a joint UK-EU "single customs territory", so customs checks are not needed on the border. Northern Ireland would stay aligned to the EU single market rules that are "essential for the avoidance of a hard border", Mr Barnier added, saying the backstop plan was based on the UK's proposal.

>The reaction
>Some Tory MPs are angry, claiming it could mean the UK is tied to EU rules for years to come. Earlier a senior Conservative told the BBC there could be a move to a vote of no-confidence in Mrs May, perhaps as soon as Thursday. Meanwhile Mr Rees-Mogg, who has written to MPs urging them to oppose the proposals, told BBC Radio 5 Live it was "a pretty rotten deal", keeping the UK in the EU's customs union and "splitting up" the UK.

>Despite winning the backing of her cabinet, the prime minister faces a battle to get the completed deal through Parliament. Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party - which gives the government the support it needs to win key votes - has joined opposition parties in criticising it. Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said: "This proposed deal would be a bad one for Scotland, taking us out of a single market eight times the size of the UK market alone and posing a huge threat to jobs, investment and living standards."

>Afterwards, Scottish Secretary David Mundell said there had been no cabinet resignations and appealed to Conservative MPs to support the package.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46215930

Tomorrow afternoon could be interesting.
>>
No. 12798
>>12797
>protects our money
>still spends $39 billion
>protects mah jerbs
>no more Poles, more Pakis
>muh security
>still US' lapdog for retarded Middle Eastern wars, no Euro bloc protections
Tories are fucking retards
>>
No. 12800
>>12739
I think initialy, if it be german-france union, it will not affect smaller EU members and states.
And to other topic - over-unification of USSR-tier not that imporant in modern world honestely tbh. You no need absoluetly united language and one type of assault rifle for everything, espessialy if your goals not to conquer all world by tanks and nukes.
>>
No. 12801
>>12746
Poland army nowdays better than german tbh as I know. I don't know about modern one, but during soviet times it produced a lot of industrial stuff.
>>
No. 12806
>>12781
> You might want to take a look at what the EU response was to the Balkan Wars before making such claims.
Not a single local party involved in the conflict(s) was an EU member at the time. Otherwise the situation could have been resolved politically via Brussels, which would have been, put mildy, more in compliance with international law, in compliance with different EU treaties and last but not least in compliance with the constitutions of various different EU member states also. Under such cicumstances a military 'response' by the USA + lapdogs, who were, with regard to US geopolitical interests, certainly not exactly unhappy about how events unfolded there without the EU being a political frame for all parties involved, would have been redundant.
>>
No. 12862
>>
No. 12876
>>12746
Almost every country in Europe makes weapons, even small ones like Croatia, Slovenia etc.

>>12800
>>12781
>>12800

Indeed, newspapers in Croatia had big headlines about how the USA stays our top ally and we wont join the EU-army anytime soon.
>>
No. 13074
22 kB, 661 × 162
It's sort of interesting how readily American academic/activist language is transplanted into just about any foreign milieu you can imagine these days.
>>
No. 13076
>>13074
We are the military, economic, and cultural powerhouse of the planet atm. Sadly our culture is shit and we also often are both evil and stupid. America has has spent the last century being basically the inventor and dominator of mass media including Hollywood, the Internet, and the radio. Sadly most of what we pump out is garbage. Which is especially shameful when we're supposed to be representatives of freedom, democracy, and ingenuity, but man does this place routinely embarrass the fuck out of me and attack its own principles. One of the dumbest possible things is these retarded edge lords larping as Nazis and Communists. And then everybody else cargo cults whatever cringey retarded shit comes from here. Have you heard or seen Russian pop? Or what hiphop got turned into? My God, all these people like Turks rapping about drug dealing and muh bitches muh hoes, all the most vapid stupid shit even the Chinese start doing (although probably more from kpop), Russians embracing capeshit conventions, I am repeatedly made to feel like the world is a worse place because of us. We gotta litter the earth with messages of prosperity, independence, invention, and sophisticated new forms of art with complete faith in pursuit of D-g through scientific inquiry. 1776 and waterd tree of liberdy not 1933/1917 and sovok and fascism okay? Braise Domas Jefferson and Domas Paine :-DDDD
>>
No. 13079
>>13076
America filled her role in history, and now is the time for history to move on, just like it moved on from Europe in 1945.

Kind of sad that our legacy will be to discredit the institution of liberal democracy that we founded, but there's a good chance that it will continue to chug on indefinitely in pockets like N/W Europe, NE Asia, and Oceania.

Personally I'd like to see a United Europe rise up to take our place in the West. But I think a fundamental requirement for it to work is for everything outside of Core Europe to be jettisoned. Otherwise, closer integration will just lead to the same kind of regional polarization and shitflinging that you get in the US. Germany will be California and Bulgaria will be Alabama.
>>
No. 13080
6,6 MB, 4698 × 3660
>>13079
The US has been republican rather than democratic by design since its inception. The difference in American Republican thought is that democracy empowers the majority to the level of a monarch, allowing them to suppress the rights of an unpopular minority. The republic is different in that government must work around the inalienable rights and is subordinate to those rights rather than empowered to enable their elimination.
>>
No. 13082
>>13080
I don't want to get into a long argument about semantics, but that's not how the word democracy is used by most people today. I only see Americans making that distinction when they're worried about Trumpian populism/trying to score points against the commie "Democrats".
>>
No. 13084
>>13082
Although you know for the first time we have a real chance at actual direct democracy thanks to the internet, but unfortunately people are such dumbasses all I expect would happen is people would get astroturfed even harder into believing the most ridiculous bullshit imaginable and voting directly against their own interests. The main problem in a direct democracy is coordination of effort, communication, and education. I dont think we are anywhere near that and frankly probably never can be because something as large as say America in particular but China, Brazil, Russia etc is essentially ruling an empire.
>>
No. 13086
>>13084
I think that the only nations in which direct democracy is viable are those with a small, well educated populace.

For a large country such as the US a government should either have elected representatives or a monarch.
>>
No. 13087
>>13084
Direct democracy has always been a bad idea. Most people are retarded, and to have any hope of a functional government you need to prevent morons from having too much decision-making ability. Perhaps in a hyper-educated and highly cohesive and homogeneous country like South Korea, it could work, but it's not a generally applicable model.

Democratic institutions are helpful insofar as they put an upper limit to the amount of incompetency and/or antisocial motivation that a candidate can demonstrate. At least in theory. Unfortunately, when a society has degraded enough, no system can save it. Hence Bolsonaro in Brazil and Trump in America.
>>
No. 13088
66 kB, 720 × 491
>>13082
That's sads, regards American Republicanism appreciator.
>>
No. 13089
>>13084
>Although you know for the first time we have a real chance at actual direct democracy thanks to the internet
It's not. Internet actually kills the whole idea.
The problem here is that people get in bubble and pretty quick. Opinion of like minded people is far more worse than any propaganda. And ostracism from those bubbles is far more worse than censorship for people. People just don't listen to other groups and stay in self lie to stay in crowd.
Joke:
>People who vote for Lukashenka are like Microsoft explorer userbase. They are the majority, but you don't know even one person who uses it personally.
And people are not dumb. It's some sorting mechanism behind it which we can't accept or explore, because we think of ourselves as unique persons out of a crowd.
>>
No. 13113
196 kB, 1554 × 952
>>
No. 13123
https://twitter.com/rianru/status/1065375541598085121

Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Russia's military intelligence agency previously known as the GRU Igor Korobov... just diead at his 63yo.

After recent hilarious fails of ГРУ (most notably, Skripal assasinations and some others) there was talks about that is is FSB destroying them, some sort of iternal "competition" inside ruling gangs. I now surprised by this death and can imagine who killed him.
>>
No. 13169
Seems like i have one week left to legally shitpost.
New law about media demands to leave your phone number if you comment. Everything with more than 50 readers is considered a news media. Also you need to verify your phone number each time.
t. Gangsta
>>
No. 13174
>>13087
>Democratic institutions are helpful insofar as they put an upper limit to the amount of incompetency and/or antisocial motivation that a candidate can demonstrate. At least in theory. Unfortunately, when a society has degraded enough, no system can save it. Hence Bolsonaro in Brazil and Trump in America.

Agreed.
>>
No. 13189
>>13169
Why not just use a fake generated number?
>>
No. 13190
45 kB, 780 × 438
>Dolce & Gabbana has a big China problem after ad causes outrage

Hong Kong (CNN Business)Dolce & Gabbana is facing a major crisis in China where top e-commerce sites are dumping its products over accusations of racism.

Thousands of D&G goods have disappeared from platforms run by companies like Alibaba (BABA) and JD.com (JD).
The backlash against the Italian luxury fashion brand began earlier this week after it launched video ads featuring a Chinese woman struggling to eat pizza and other Italian food with chopsticks. The situation was then made worse by offensive comments that were allegedly sent from co-founder Stefano Gabbana's personal Instagram account.
The videos and comments spread rapidly on Chinese social media, drawing accusations of racism and calls for boycotts from celebrities. The furor forced D&G to cancel a high-profile fashion show in Shanghai hours before it was due to start on Wednesday.
The scandal could deliver a heavy blow to the company, as Chinese consumers account for more than a third of global spending on luxury products.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/23/business/dg-in-china-intl/index.html
>>
No. 13204
>>13189
Because i will receive verification code and i should provide passport when i register sim card. Anyway this is just another stupid law which only bynet will follow and police will close their eyes on other sites. Doubt that they can enforce me to do so everywhere.
>>
No. 13205
>>13204
You know fake email inboxes like mailinator, guerrillamail etc? There are fake voicemail inboxes too that you can just have those automated thing text or leave a voicemail with verification codes.
>>
No. 13207
201 kB, 340 × 604
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/health/obesity-genetics-surgery-diet.html
>Only bariatric surgery reliably leads to long-term weight loss. Now scientists hope to duplicate the effects with a pill.

>There is just one almost uniformly effective treatment, and it is woefully underused: only about 1 percent of the 24 million American adults who are eligible get the procedure.
This reads like a parody
>>
No. 13219 Kontra
500 kB, 300 × 268, 0:02
>>13207
>why are americans so fat?
it's called culture.
>>
No. 13224
>>13219
Is that picture supposed to be funny?
Since when did racists take offence from being called racist?
>>
No. 13225 Kontra
>>13207
>No one really knows why bodies have changed so much
we_just_don't_know.gif
This was one IQ89 tier article.
>>
No. 13231
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/11/national-self-determination-is-overrated

Interesting article. Key points it makes:

1. Economic union without political union is cancer, because it leads to exploitation and races to the bottom without a central authority to counteract this.
  2. Abandoning any attempt at union to return to isolated nation states is not viable; incentives for the race to the bottom will be even greater, and European social democracy will collapse anyway. A divided Europe will also just be the bitch to America or China or whatever new great power arises.
  3. Union needs to be restricted to regions with similar levels of development. Otherwise rich and poor regions will inevitably end up resenting each other and undermine the union.
He makes a compelling case, but he doesn't address matters of culture in forming stable unions. In EU I believe the biggest cultural faultlines tend to follow economic lines as well, but part of the problem in America is the union of two mutually hostile cultural regions, that have already had one civil war. I don't think it would be wise to form any new union with a similar cultural divide.

Do you think the rich countries of Western Europe could ever form a stable United States of Europe? Would you be willing to downgrade your country's sovereignty to the level of an American state in order to preserve your standard of living, and be a part of a political union that can compete on equal footing with the US and China?
>>
No. 13232
>>13231
So in that context how much of a shitshow do you think this is going to turn into?
https://www.france24.com/en/20181124-spain-deal-uk-eu-brexit-summit-gibraltar-junker-tusk-may-sanchez
>>
No. 13245
>>13231
The author does neatly breakdown the regional economic and social impact of the  United  States' political integration. 
>Do you think the rich countries of Western Europe could ever form a stable United States of Europe?
While the author finds the exchange of sovereignty  for otherwise unobtainable benefits a fair one, decisions(particularly political ones) aren't based on logic or simple cost-benefit analysis. Beyond well thought-out arguments for retaining cultural artifacts(which would put a substantial percentage intractably in the NO column)consider the potential for demagoguery in an electoral campaign of this magnitude.  I can't imagine there are many countries where the Union side would win over Sovereignty if the vote were a referendum  like Brexit. However if that could be avoided, and ratification was left to the individual national   legislatures(like the U.S. did), then I think it is possible. A new Federalist Papers and some bribery might convince enough representatives to overlook their own career self-interest and vote to Unionize. 
Of course that's just my opinion from the outside.
>>
No. 13248
329 kB, 997 × 845
I like this phrasing of the whole Brexit deal thing.
http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/the-brexit-deal-for-the-american-reader

>>13245
There is a pretty notable divide in political philosophy that needs to be understood with the Brexit situation too since it is fundamental in the understanding of the pro-Brexit call for freedom and what the EU understands as freedom. They want the same thing, but they are thinking on different wavelengths as to what exactly that means. The earliest categorisation I know of was by Lieber if I'm remembering my pre-20th writers correctly, but it was also used by Hayek who is a bit more recent and accessible. A lot of British ideas of liberal society are steeped in ideas of individual liberty going all the way back to romanticising the Ceorl and the cultural phenomenon of the 'freeborn Englishman'. You also see this in common law which is shaped by the people rather than being a strictly codified civic system. The continental system (Hayek calls it French) focuses on collective liberty and civic tradition at the cost of individual freedom and determination, think here of guys like Rousseau who rejects the validity of natural rights in favour of liberty through the sovereign collective and classical republicanism, while a more British style of that system is the Early United States which was limited republicanism and the enshrinement of natural rights and the sovereignty of the individual.
>>
No. 13287
https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/ukrainian-navy-russian-coast-guard-ship-rammed-ukrainian-tugboat-in-the-azov-sea.html

Russian navy keeps blocking ships heading to Ukrainian ports in the Azov Sea and today the Russian boat deliberately rammed the Ukrainian boat.
I hate retardation like this, because such actions aren't beneficial for any side. Russian taxpayers gonna pay for repair of the Russian boat, and what will Russia get from this? Nothing, it only harms the Ukrainian economy, which still remains a trading partner for Russia. Poor Ukraine will not improve the quality of life for Russians.
>>
No. 13290
>>13287
This is of cource intended provocation - I don't think ukraine military stuff that nive to think that anyone in russian military or goverment will allow ukraine ships to just pass by.

Trought, I think this is actually interesting thing and probably first thing done by ukrainians right since begining of this conflict. There reports about Russia start attack of ukrainian ships with firearms https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/25/ukraina-soobschila-ob-obstrele-svoih-korabley-rossiyskimi-katerami

This may be interesting case - what world will say about this attack in case if anybody died. While pootine in donbass can pretend that there was nothing connected to russia, this skirmish will be impossible to hide. Only hope that world will not close eyes on it. And if it will be major even in eyes of west, well, it may help break pootine regime more fast which is important.

And about "taxes" - oligarhs of russia and ukraine already placed their people on level of 4th world country living standarts, who cares at this point, any distabelisation of rurent order is great in mine opinion.
>>
No. 13292
>>13290
Honestly I doubt the rest of the world will even show concerns. Everybody else is just going to shrug at this point and say "well yes this is to be expected behavior from bydlo Russian assholes" especially since you guys have developed a penchant for ramming or near ramming everybody else's ships and aircraft and violating everyone's sea and airspace. The thing is EU countries are "too polite" aka pussies to do anything about it, but as you have seen Turks and Amerigans have no problem shooting you down or shelling the fuck out of you. I think everyone is basically going to be thinking "Ukraine should just start sinking their ships" and seeing it as perfectly defensible.

Although in other news Chinese ships are increasingly trying to ram ours. I think we should stop pretending to be "polite" and sink a couple Chinese boats next time they try that.
>>
No. 13293
26 kB, 480 × 480
>>13287
This is bad. Putin has been reading Ilyin again.
>>
No. 13295
>>13290
The west can happily watch open state sanctioned murder, war crimes and genocide and do nothing but express deep concern. This is not going to make an impact over here unfortunately. Better look intefnally for a solution to the Putin problem.
>>
No. 13296
>>13287
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1066770384362590209

Video made on the Russian boat prior to the collision. You can clearly hear how the Russian captain cooperates with the second Russian boat and tries to catch up and crush the Ukrainian boat, in the end you can hear how the captain repeatedly orders to "crush" the Ukrainian boat.

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/ukrainian-navy-russias-coast-guard-opens-fire-on-ukrainian-boats-in-the-azov-sea-developing.html

Then the Russians opened fire, injured 3-6 Ukrainian sailors and captured all 3 of the boats.
>>
No. 13297
149 kB, 500 × 500
Ukraine has called a meeting of its war cabinet at midnight, possibly to declare martial law.

>Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko has summoned his war cabinet, Kyiv's national security council confirmed Sunday, after Russian ships fired on Ukrainian vessels in the Black Sea, seizing three and injuring multiple crew members.

>Ukraine’s foreign ministry added that they would liaise with their allies concerning Moscow’s “violent acts”, saying they “pose a threat to the security of all states of the Black Sea region, and therefore require a clear reaction from the international community”.

https://www.euronews.com/2018/11/25/ukraine-slams-russian-aggression-after-boat-is-rammed-in-sea-standoff
>>
No. 13301
62 kB, 590 × 461
2,3 MB, 3072 × 3118
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2018/11/25/Magnitude-63-earthquakes-jolts-Iran-injures-361-60-hits-Central-America/9331543157489/
>Iran and Columbia despite nearly being on either side of the planet both get hit by earthquakes
This tectonic activity is making me nervous
>>
No. 13305
>>13295
>This is not going to make an impact over here unfortunately

Illegitime actions like blockade of Ukrainian cargo ships can lead to counter measures as in billion $ fines and seizing of Russian cargo ships in internatonal harbours. Also new round of sanctions against Russia incoming...
>>
No. 13311
https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/25/vms-ukrainy-soobschili-o-shesteryh-ranenyh-v-rezultate-intsidenta-v-kerchenskom-prolive - ukraine report 6 wounded on ships

https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/26/fsb-podtverdila-obstrel-i-zaderzhanie-ukrainskih-korabley-v-chernom-more - FSB report shelling and capturing of ukrainian ships

https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/26/poroshenko-podderzhal-predlozhenie-vvesti-na-ukraine-voennoe-polozhenie - Poroshenko want impose martial law

https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/26/ukraina-privela-armiyu-v-polnuyu-boegotovnost - ukrainian army on full alarm

https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/26/v-kieve-sgorel-avtomobil-rossiyskogo-posolstva - in Kiev burned car of russia ambassadory

Looks like this was prepeared provocation. Anyway, finnaly something happening again. Now I hope it not end to nothing as usual and will lead to some results at least. What we should wait is reacfion of world since we know this is most important thing.
>>
No. 13313
>>13311
Wait are you guys just buggurting each other to get the world to pay attention to you?
>>
No. 13321
Any further Russian-Ukrainian relationship news are prohibited.
>>
No. 13322
>>13321
Emmm... why?
There was this arguing between ukrainian and russian who had basic stereotypes and just shitting on each other like most of iq55-89 internet do, but I seriously doubt there will be any bots and paed posters who will start shitposts all around board, espessially nowdays, and nobody of them care about this board anyway, so I think this is false alarm.
>>
No. 13323
>>13322
I for one would like the reporting on Ukrainian events to be allowed, as interesting things are scheduled to happen today. Martial Law vote in parliament
>>
No. 13324
>>13323
Well, at least I can say for myself that I'am not any kind of payed poster, not that I suporter of current ukrainian goverment, and I basicly hate pootine regime and want see all his oligarhs in prison. Same time my best friend is ukrainian and I'am pan-easet-slavic person, so I trying to present news and my personal opinions as objective, as it possible from view of person who live in this shit.
>>
No. 13326
>>13322
It gets banned pretty easily mainly due to mods not wanting to have to deal with cyrillic shitstorms of butthurt like they usually do. Which is sad, because I rather enjoy hearing the news, but can understand it being sat on for same reason as not wanting US politics (which is cancerous 100% of the time).
>>
No. 13327
>>13326
Well, exept this one case of arguing before, which still stayed far before what can be described as "cyrillic shitstorm of butthurt" and currently all EC post ussr posters - 2-3 russians, 1-2 ukrainians, 2 belorussians, 1 kazahstan and some people from baltics who occasionally posting, is more or less polite enough to expect from them some kind of "waves of shitpost" or some kohl-tier shitstorm. Espesially nowdays, when exept from bots there not so much... nationalistic enthusiasm among general russian people.

For example current news from USA about Trump warned to shoot illegal migrants from Honduras, also there was today and yesturday some attempt to break trought mexican-USA border which was stopped by force - are far more "dangerous" news in mine opinion.
>>
No. 13328
>>13322
Preventive measures.
>>13323
On the other hand, such news may be allowed if it is served without any comment.
It's allowable.
>>
No. 13329
>>13328
Tbh, it is news without comment can provoke some problems, since majority of people outside has no proper understanding of happening, and some things can create big misundrestanding.
And again, this measures is like prepearing to tsunami in middle of mongolia but ehh, I bored of it anyway. Hope this ban will last only a day or something.
>>
No. 13330
145+ Pilot Whales Dead After Mass Stranding On New Zealand Beach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT53qySAT-s

Half of them were already dead before being discovered by a hiker, the other half euthanized after discovery.
>>
No. 13331
>>13329
This is why I like hearing about it. Especially here, because this is one of the only places you will find fluent English speakers explaining happenings without acting like turbo bydlo.
>>
No. 13333
>>13329
>>13331
Alright, it is not forbidden.
>>
No. 13335
>>13333
Thanks!
Tbh, https://meduza.io/news/2018/11/26/poroshenko-podpisal-ukaz-o-vvedenii-voennogo-polozheniya-na-ukraine
Poroshenko signed martial law in country for tow months, but there not much serious - more alert at border, cheack of reservists in case of mobilisation, nothing that big, major or important.
>>
No. 13338
>>13335
Hmm however there such news arrived

TV channel 112 reported about restrictions if citizen rights provided in 12 articles of constitution trought time of matrial law:
>the inviolability of housing, secrecy of correspondence, information privacy, freedom of movement and expression, participation in elections and peaceful assemblies, rights of private property, the prevention of forced labor, the right to strike and education.

This honestely sounds very creepy, like all basic human rights now may be restricted. And this is in time not far from next presidental election on ukraine in end of the March. I wonder if this provocation was intendet not to strike reputation of pootine, but more like iternal action.
>>
No. 13339
>>13335
Ukrainian parliament is still debating the law, it's not in effect yet. If it gets passed it'll be absolute pizdets.
>>
No. 13345
1003 kB, 245 × 220, 0:03
35 kB, 604 × 339
>>13339
Yeah, espessialy what it contain. At first I trought it was mostly external action, to trigger pootine and put more sanctions on him, which I count s nice thing, but after thins I wonder if it was more iternal action - Poroshenko basicly used Pootine internal tactics of fearing his own people to make new totalitarc laws pass. Hell, this is basic classic that was already everywhere - from late 20s USSR where was SOON WILL BE WAR paranoia, to Star Wars prequels movies.

I also want point out that critical maidan start happening after Yakubovich Yanukovich start making as reaction to initial protests this crazy tier laws against assemblies and protests - and we all know how it ended for him. I wonder if Poroshenko want to use current situation of russian agression to pass this laws? It may be dangerous for him, I want ot remind that in Armenia also permanent alarm because their conflict with Azerbaijan for Karabah, but recently after protests pootine-tier goverment was removed here.
>>
No. 13350
401 kB, 1257 × 1528
>>13345
In the worst case scenario, Poroshenko fears the incoming elections that will most certainly cost him the Presidency. Ukraine might have a Yeltsin tier situation, in which the current president fears being deposed due to a possible criminal case.
If the martial passes, which seems to be aimed at 1-2 months, the Ukranian executive branch will have complete control of the country. The most basic of human rights will be suspended.

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/what-martial-law-in-ukraine-could-mean-for-nation.html

Keypoints:
>Citizens could be obliged to carry out socially necessary work. Any citizen capable of working can be forced to work at a defense facility instead of doing their regular job.
>The state could take control of private, communal, or state company property if necessary.
>A ban on holding presidential, parliamentary, or local elections.
>A ban on national and local referendums.
>A ban on peaceful protests, marches, gatherings, and other mass events
>The state can limit relocation of its citizens, as well as foreigners.
>A curfew.
>Citizens can be ordered to host military personnel or internally displaced civilians in their homes.

If the parliament approves this motion, the 1 to 2 month period is pointless. It's obvious that Russia will provoke the Ukrainian forces in the Azov sea to ensure that this martial law is not lifted, so as to further destabilize the nation.

Essentially, if the motion passes, we will see another maidan very shortly. If it doesn't business goes on as usual, and Russia might pull more provocations if it gets shot down by parliament.

With the little I know about Eastern European politics and the Ukrainian situation, it seems likely that it will pass.

In essence, Пиздец.
>>
No. 13353
>>13350
It's also mean that foreign investment will flee Ukraine, further weakening the economy.
>>
No. 13354
>>
No. 13357
>>13354
Only for 30 days, not in 60 as was proposet at first, and only in regions that border russia and Pridnestov'e (Transitia or how it called by moldovians, you know what I mean)
>>
No. 13359
>>13350
It's not. Poroshenko isn't insane to do this. Most people in Ukraine are against the martial law and nobody wants it. No draft or violation of constitutional right. And elections will be in time.
>>
No. 13365 Kontra
85 kB, 800 × 477
whatever the fuck, spoilers don't work correctly
enjoy
>>
No. 13366
>>13359
>And elections will be in time.
Meme is, that matrial law can be continued and expanded, there a lot fear about that. And other thing that raitings of Poroshenko obviously not very high, and soon will be elections that he most certanly lost. But he is corrupted oligarh, guy from same kind of pootine and he don't want loose power. Yes, people in ukraine generaly against such things, but - country really in not easy situation, and Poroshenko really want to use it, to take opportunity and become typical post-USSR dictator, establishing same kind of political system you can see in many CIS countries. And looking at situation, his plan can really work out.

Matthew Rojansky from Kennan Institute trought that aggravation of the conflict can be beneficial to both Moscow and Kiev. “Putin is able to distract the attention of citizens with the help of patriotism, while Poroshenko has really hard times,” Rozhansky concludes.

>>13365
it works fine for me. But why hide in spoiler this picture?
>>
No. 13369 Kontra
>>13366
If spoilers worked, the other picture would be hidden.
>>
No. 13370
226 kB, 548 × 268
>>13369
Well, test
>>
No. 13371 Kontra
>>13370
And now try to hide under spoiler second picture out of two.
>>
No. 13373
70 kB, 456 × 509
221 kB, 800 × 895
>>13371
Well, I'll try

Why yo saging btw?
>>
No. 13374
>>13373
Well it spoilered both pictures or I did something wrong...
>>
No. 13400
64 kB, 460 × 460
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2186512-exclusive-uk-police-wants-ai-to-stop-violent-crime-before-it-happens/

>Police in the UK want to predict serious violent crime using artificial intelligence
>The system, called the National Data Analytics Solution (NDAS), uses a combination of AI and statistics to try to assess the risk of someone committing or becoming a victim of gun or knife crime
>the intention isn’t to pre-emptively arrest anyone, but rather to provide support from local health or social workers.
>An inherent difficulty with such systems is knowing whether the predictions would have turned out to be valid had police or other services not intervened
This isn't the first AI system for law enforcement, but the proposal to visit and 'provide support' for potential offenders strikes me as an expansion of the already demeaning stop-and-frisk. That's not to say it can't work. Widespread adoption might result in some nascent criminal abandoning their plans, but it's just as likely a knock on the door will be seen as harassment and only inspire greater caution in future anti-social behavior.
>>
No. 13404
>When Chinese researchers first edited the genes of a human embryo in a lab dish in 2015, it sparked global outcry and pleas from scientists not to make a baby using the technology, at least for the present.

>It was the invention of a powerful gene-editing tool, CRISPR, which is cheap and easy to deploy, that made the birth of humans genetically modified in an in vitro fertilization (IVF) center a theoretical possibility.

>Now, it appears it may already be happening

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612458/exclusive-chinese-scientists-are-creating-crispr-babies/

Promotional video by the scientist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0vnOmFltc

Related Podcast: http://insitome.libsyn.com/crispr-babies-in-china-across-the-rubicon
>>
No. 13405
>>13404
Haha I listened to that episode during my commute this morning. I love Razib Khan's work as a science communicator.
>>
No. 13406 Kontra
>>13404
Also, Antonio Regalado's articles in tech review are always well done.
>>
No. 13407
>>13400
It's the UK. They already live in a police state. Any red blooded Amsrican would be horrified by this but I am aware thanks in large part to our schools becoming even worse prisons than ever before that no American was born after the early 90s.
>>
No. 13419
>>13400
UK following Minority Report, China following Black Mirror, USA following Idiocracy.

Great times to live.

>>13350
>It's obvious that Russia will provoke the Ukrainian forces in the Azov sea to ensure that this martial law is not lifted, so as to further destabilize the nation.

Why do you assume it's Russia that will start the provocations? Poroshenko has even more incentive than Putin to escalate tensions, so that he can prevent the coming elections with martial law.

Granted, it's not the thing I would put past Putin, but he isn't always the author of all evil.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/11/ukraine-poroshenko-initiated-clash-with-russia-to-gain-dictatorial-powers-he-failed.html
>>
No. 13436 Kontra
>>13419

>https://www.moonofalabama.org

russian propaganda outlet
>>
No. 13474
>>13436
that's a nice opinion, but as a Russian propagandist I'm gonna need proofs
>>
No. 13529
Holy shit, October was 3 years ago...
>>
No. 13684
1,3 MB, 1450 × 1440
>>
No. 13686
649 kB, 960 × 540, 0:05
>>
No. 13687
>>
No. 13689
223 kB, 1128 × 1592
43 kB, 960 × 540
771 kB, 888 × 658
>>13684
There is substantial property damage and widespread power outages, but they don't expect major fatalities.
>>
No. 13692
>>13689
This is in context of me noticing
>>13301
Iran and Columbia also had quakes recently. One tends to follow another as the plates are shifting/resettling.

Also regarding the current Slavic happenings, Poroshenko just banned Russian men from entering the country lel
>>
No. 13696
137 kB, 223 × 311
>>13692
Thanks, I didn't put those two posts together.
Although it's probably not connected in a causal sense, this reminds me of the worldwide seismic waves detected a few weeks ago.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/11/strange-earthquake-waves-rippled-around-world-earth-geology/
>On the morning of November 11, just before 9:30 UT, a mysterious rumble rolled around the world.
>Based on the scientific sleuthing done so far, the tremors seem to be related to a seismic swarm that's gripped Mayotte since last May.
>Most current guesses revolve around resonance in a magma chamber, triggered by some type of subsurface shift or chamber collapse.
>>
No. 13722
>>13689
Ha funny 2 years ago major road in region borken just like that but not because earthquake, but because it was shitty constructed lol.>>13689
>>
No. 13836
https://youtu.be/6FyLeHl_K3A

Looks like in France something really happening. Protests really big and they really can lead to some big canges in France.
>>
No. 13851
197 kB, 768 × 1024
>>13836
That video plays out beautifully, like a movie script. In the U.S. we don't really see sustained nationwide protests like this. The closest I can think of was Occupy Wall Street.
>>
No. 13861
>>13836
>>13851
Problem with both protests is vague and limited plans. There's no concerted platform, just an outpouring of rage.

Rage is good, but without direction it's release is useless. All Occupy Wallstreet served was to vent populist anger on nothing, and make rhetoric about the 1% into a joke.

I hope the Yellow Jackets can do more, but I doubt it. The most serious demand I've heard from them is to replace Macron with some official he fired early in his reign... but the fact that the man was hired by Macron in the first place shows that he isn't too different.
>>
No. 13865
>>13861
>There's no concerted platform, just an outpouring of rage
Wut? They have concretic goal and they achived it today in morning
french prime minister put moratorium gasoline prices
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/04/europe/france-yellow-vest-protests-intl/index.html

It is huge fail for Macron, his politics and plans and his popularity.
>>
No. 13869
>>13865
>They have concretic goal

That was in the first few days, right now they want everything and nothing at the same time. They're not a real group anymore but hundreds of little cells and individual people who protest and riot under one banner with other random people.
>>
No. 13870
>>13869
To previous mine post I want to add that moratorium was put only for 6 months, so I hope protests will continue.
>>
No. 13872
>>13865
>moratorium gas prices
That's at least something. It shows the Yellow Vests, however organized or disorganized they are, are perceived as a political power by Macron. He may be hoping they'll just go away, and in 6 month the tax will be back but protesters will have lost their momentum.
>>13870
>I hope protests continue
The protesters should calculate how much power they have,the same way Macron has. If their power is as significant as the polls suggest, then settling for a moratorium would be shortsighted.
>>
No. 13917
16 kB, 250 × 250
http://time.com/5470995/magnitude-7-5-earthquake-new-caledonia/
>By Associated Press Updated: December 5, 2018 3:37 AM ET

>(WELLINGTON, New Zealand) — A powerful earthquake that struck in the southern Pacific Ocean on Wednesday sent jitters around the region after authorities warned of possible tsunamis, but there were no initial reports of destructive waves or major damage.

>The magnitude 7.5 quake hit in the afternoon near the French territory of New Caledonia at a shallow depth, where earthquakes are generally more damaging. It was felt as far away as Vanuatu, about 630 kilometers (390 miles) away

>Tsunami sirens blared across New Caledonia minutes after the quake. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said tsunami waves of between 1 and 3 meters (3 and 10 feet) were possible along some coasts of New Caledonia and Vanuatu, before later lifting the warning.

Local authorities in New Caledonia ordered residents to evacuate coastal zones on the eastern edge of the archipelago, including the Loyalty Islands and the island of Ile des Pins. The evacuation order from the regional police said western islands didn’t need to evacuate but should remain vigilant.
>>
No. 14016
French cops abusing protesters inside a Burger King restaurasnt, after the dumbasses realize they are getting filmed they let them go and turn against the people filming them :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDDHGxNFWr8
>>
No. 14021
>>14016
>Burger King
People going there deserve a beating.
>>
No. 14024
>>14016
Exceedingly america tier
>>
No. 14051
>>14016
In all honesty, people rioting and destroying private property deserve to get beaten up.
>>
No. 14053 Kontra
>>14051
>private property
>american fast food chain "restaurant"
>justification for physical violence against a living being

Your priorities suck, in all honesty.
>>
No. 14055
88 kB, 1100 × 618
94 kB, 1280 × 720
129 kB, 960 × 430
>>14053
It is still private, but i was more thinking about all the burning cars, small stores that get looted and windows that are getting thrown in. I just don't really see a bunch of peacefull protesters here.
>>
No. 14057
>>14053
>american fast food chain
I would think those places are run as a franchise. So the big company that would somehow "deserve" this is not harmed in any way by demolishing the store. Instead it gets some more or less poor bastard who has to still pay them a ridiculous amount of money each month and now on top has to pay for a new furnishing. But I guess in Paris they meanwhile have an insurance for such occasions.
>>
No. 14066
New scenes of French police abusing teenagers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZeD2TldPSw

I think Macron's career is pretty much over now,
>>
No. 14082 Kontra
>>14066
Maybe it is my sick mind. But your introduction made promises to me the video couldn't uphold at all.
>>
No. 14092 Kontra
>>14082
>Maybe it is my sick mind

Probably
>>
No. 14147
A bunch of Oxford professors have drafted and signed an open letter calling for the uni to investigate an academic called Noah Carl, who has just gotten a postdoc position there apparently. I won't claim to understand the situation entirely but it seems to me like the issue is mostly about his publishing in and associating with researchers and associations/conferences that could be construed as right wing or racist. However, lots of the charges against him enumerated in the open letter seem pretty vague. He has responded to criticism of his quantitative methods outlined in the letter with a blogpost on medium. It remains to be seen what will happen to him.

I can't recall where I read this exactly but Noah Carl has said in writing that while he has seen no rigorous evidence supporting the notion that between group psychometric differences are partially or mostly caused by genetic factors, it is not something that scientists should be discouraged from investigating or discussing, as this could have a paradoxical effect insofar as it might embolden racism further if such a hypothesis were to become supported by overwhelming evidence in the future. He also argued that racism would still be morally wrong even if such a hypothesis were supported by very strong evidence.
>>
No. 14148 Kontra
>>14147
I just remembered: the uni in question is Cambridge, not Oxford
>>
No. 14157
103 kB, 640 × 854
>>14147
>lots of the charges against him enumerated in the open letter seem pretty vague.
I found this response to the aforementioned open letter. While briefly touching on this specific case, it is actually more of an argument against the entire practice of open letter writing itself. I agree that honest critics should put their energy into identifying and explaining errors, rather than collecting signatures.
>The practice of issuing open letters attacking scholars for their contributions undermines this important goal[of open inquiry and debate] by evicting academics and their ideas from the arena — often on flimsy evidentiary grounds. More constructive responses can and should be employed.
https://heterodoxacademy.org/problem-open-letters-beyond-noah-carl/
>>
No. 14161
>>14157
PROTIP academia is one of the absolute worst shittiest fields in terms of office politics. But on the plus side if you can survive that you can maybe make tenure. Which is probably part of why the office politics are so shitty.
>>
No. 14164
94 kB, 666 × 500
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/07/science/mars-wind-sounds.html
This is pretty great actually and I wish more people were talking about it than whatever retarded celebrity news or kulturkampf bs they're probably on about. Although, none of this appears to be from actual microphones but just a couple other instruments capable of picking it up.
>>
No. 14190
41 kB, 450 × 625
>>14147
It's an old story in molecular biology that such is just forbidden knowledge. Many openly admit this and have rather good reasons to further support the ban of neo-raciology in science.

Pic semi related, it's not so einfach.
>>
No. 14235
so, Huawei…
is it true that we can choose between china listening and NSA listening now? (e.g. like using ICQ, aka russia listening, vs Skype)
>>
No. 14238
909 kB, 1121 × 843
>>14190
I mean, is it really a well reasoned course of action to prevent the investigation of a particular hypothesis just because we fear what the conclusion may be? Even James Flynn has said he doesn't believe such work should be prohibited.
>>
No. 14268
>>14235
Somehow I actually trust them even less. I dont even know why and can't articulate it, it's just an intuitive feeling to stay far the fuck away from Chinese spy garbage. Kind of like how when a man offers you a "new" tablet and you see cyrillic on the screen you immediately know not to buy it.
>>
No. 14273
>>14238
It's rather it needs to happen when appropriate. When something like that can be researched without starting a shitstorm because people have actually managed to get over the race issue, I think that's a good time to look into it. Plus the damage to civil liberty that can happen if something like that goes off half cocked is enormous. In a society not ready to take it onboard, you undo what progress in the field of egalitarianism has been made because now there's a certified scientific reason to justify being a faggot to people based on their birth. Look how long it took people to even get over themselves with regards to the severely mentally ill among people that look like them, it takes time for social changes like that to happen. When it's possible to have an actual social discussion about race without it degenerating into dickwaving about who has the 'best' genetics and such. At that stage then yes, the discussion should be had, but you don't light a powder keg on fire to see if it really will explode in your face. You know it's a bad idea and know to leave well alone until you have mitigating variables.
>>
No. 14275
>>14235
Jokes on them, i'm so boring there's nothing interesting to listen to so i usually just stay with HTC or Motorola without thinking about origin country.
>>
No. 14304
>>14273
From that perspective a moratorium could be a reasonable proposition, but there is also the issue of off-target effects: i.e., researchers may be impacted who are not even trying to investigate the putative genetic basis of between group differences. This Noah Carl guy for instance had never done anything like that as far as I know: he's not even a geneticist. However as a social scientist he had published papers that treat psychometric data and he has also argued the kind of moratorium we're talking about would do more harm than good. I guess my concern is just that if we continue down this road it may come to a point where even uncontroversial research in population and medical genetics is smeared as "race science". The NYT for instance referred to local ancestry deconvolution as "controversial racial science" in a recent article about the Elizabeth Warren incident.
>>
No. 14316
>>14273
Here's an excerpt concerning this question from a recent NYT op-ed written by the prominent ancient DNA and genomics researcher David Reich:

I am worried that well-meaning people who deny the possibility of substantial biological differences among human populations are digging themselves into an indefensible position, one that will not survive the onslaught of science. I am also worried that whatever discoveries are made — and we truly have no idea yet what they will be — will be cited as “scientific proof” that racist prejudices and agendas have been correct all along, and that those well-meaning people will not understand the science well enough to push back against these claims.
>>
No. 14322
49 kB, 649 × 487
The first test was suffering. You things are bad when the team is carried by the lower order and you can only get one partnership over 50 runs. Now the captain wants to get rid of sledging, a time honoured part of the game. Disgraceful. Picture says it all.
>>
No. 14324
>>14322
Could you explain a little more? Cricket is one of those things I would like to understand but have about as much contact as a moon of Saturn with. Your post is about cricket, isn't it?
>>
No. 14325
>>14324
Yeah, it's cricket. I'm about to head out to work, so I'll answer properly later today.

In short, we scored like shit and our bowlers did a better batting job than the ones on the team to be batsmen. Sledging is on-field bants.
>>
No. 14361
Post soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTU9qA-9IM

Alright, cricket for non-Anglosphere Ernsts. I'll get to the important bit. Test Cricket. It's a 5 day long game played from morning until what is determined to be nightfall (a decision which can be controversial) though they're experimenting day/night tests that go until later. The game can end early depending on the results of play though however. Each team has 11 players and two innings. In each innings the batting team has 10 wickets (players getting out) to score as many runs as possible with. Unlike other forms of the game, there is no over limit so play can be very slow and methodical. A batting team can also 'declare' an innings if they think they've got enough runs in order to give them time to beat the opponent. Declaring is important because if no team wins by the end of the 5th day, then it's a draw, being in the lead is not actually enough to secure a win. Both teams must complete both innings within the 5 days or the leading team doesn't win. So drawing out a game can be a strategy to deny another team victory points in a competition. A win is when both innings for both teams are completed and the totals add up to a higher total than the other. Losses are self explanatory from that. Scoring is set up as wickets/runs but if it's just one number it's the same as 10/runs, so 2/100 is two batsmen out for 100 runs while 10/300 and 300 are equivalent to 'all out for 300 runs'.

The core of the game is the 'Over' which is 6 deliveries after which the bowler is changed, positions are mirrored so the bowler comes from the other end of the pitch etc. and the batsmen swap sides. Runs are scored by the batsmen swapping sides of the pitch or by hitting boundaries which are determined by a rope around the edge of the field. If it goes over the rope on the full, it's 6 runs while bounching or rolling over is 4 runs. If a fielder touches the rope while touching the ball, it's 4 runs also. The other way to get runs is penalty runs from no-balls for illegal bowling technique like overstepping a line called the crease at each end of the pitch[1], throwing the ball rather than using a correct straight arm delivery, bowling too wide or too short etc. Also they don't count towards the 6 in the over. There is also the benefit that you can't get a batsman out in bowler-dependent ways off of a no-ball.

Speaking of getting out, there are a few ways but some are rare. The main three are stumped/bowled, caught or run out. The first is just various ways that the ball hitting the wicket and knocking off the bails[2]. Bowled is just the bowler hitting the wickets, stumped is when the batsman is caught outside his crease (the line from before) and the wicket-keeper (guy behind the wicket) knocks the bails off with the ball. You can also be bowled if it's determined that the ball did not touch the bat, hit the batsman's leg pad and would have hit the wicket. That's being bowled as an LBW (leg before wicket). Caught is being caught on the full, and run out is when the ball knocks off the bails when someone has not made it behind the crease during run-scoring. The one approaching the broken wicket is out. There are others but they tend to be less common to just plain rare.

Basic batting order is to have your best batsmen go first and the bowlers come in last, sometimes with all rounders in the middle. That's as basic as I can make it while keeping the core rulesLaws (they are actually called the Laws of Cricket :-D) in there. Other variants are different (and less intimidating than a Test to novice cricket tragics). There is also just some etiquette that's observed in Test cricket that can seem odd but it's just the way things are. Sledging has existed for a long time and it's not meant to be mean-spirited, more a way of having a laugh and trying to offput the other team whether that's a fielder sledging a batsman or a batsman sledging a bowler after hitting them for a boundary.

[1]:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Cricket_field_parts.svg
[2]:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Cricket_Stumps_en.svg
>>
No. 14445
This is pretty fuckin funny
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-sends-bombers-to-venezuela-tu-160-nuclear-capable-planes-mike-pompeo/
>USA tries to assassinate heads of state with a drone
>whines about Russia sending them defense forces "undiplomatic"
>>
No. 14455 Kontra
>>14445
nvm I'm a retard misread it and posted before reading through the article
>>
No. 14463 Kontra
>>
No. 14523
>>14463
No, she only needs to collect 11 more votes* to survive and it hasn't even started yet. This is not like Labour where you regularly see tribal bloodshed, Tories are inclined towards falling into line. Plus there has been a complete failure on internal opposition to put forward a clear candidate or provide a viable alternative to Theresa's deal so any selling point is a wank in the dark.

The bigger chance of a happening is if labour do a vote of no confidence. Certainly the pressure is mounting with the SNP threatening to make a move of their own. The problem is that to do this requires Tory/DUP MPs willing to a risk a general election that gets Corbyn into power. That will only happen if things get really bitter.

Of course she will step down before the next scheduled election at any rate but I think that was always the deal.

*Going by MPs who have publicly come out in support of her leadership as of lunchtime when I last looked.
>>
No. 14544
484 kB, 600 × 599
>>14523
>that gets Corbyn into power.
>>
No. 14552
May has won with 200 votes out of 317. Probably means her Withdrawal Agreement will get through Parliament with minor amendments.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46547246

>>14544
I wouldn't hold your breath. Corbyn might as well not exist right now and Scottish Labour are currently facing extinction which only makes an already difficult job of getting a labour government even harder.
>>
No. 14554
>>14552
>Corbyn might as well not exist right now
Let me guess: it was almost entirely due to a certain tribe whining hysterics about him because he didn't think it was antisemitic to compare Israel to Nazi Germany.
>>
No. 14592
>>14554
No, that was ages ago now. He's just gone silent aside from the odd comment of "this is a bad deal!" without endorsing any alternative. I think I've heard more about Tom Watson beating obesity lately.
>>
No. 14593
32 kB, 480 × 360
>>14523
>Jeremy “The communist” Corbyn in power
One one hand, it gives me goosebumps, on the other, it’s an ebin fucking meme
Jesus Christ the UK is a mess right now
>>
No. 14715
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/12/new-fight-online-privacy-and-security-australia-falls-what-happens-next
>The intelligence services call it “the ghost"; a stalking ghost that requires the most secure tech products available today to lie to their users, via secret orders that their designers cannot refuse without risking prosecution.
it seems like it is going to become next to impossible for the NT to have private conversations (assuming it's not already like that).

what is the reasoning behind this again? fight terrorism? or was it to protect state funded terrorism? can't 'member.
>>
No. 14838
So apparently Putin wishes he could ban rap music but instead wished it could be controlled https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-russian-president-rap-music-controlled-a8685181.html?amp
Here is the interest thing he said it was worse than "cursing." Now I am aware of Russia trying to ban lots of things under the general term "extremism" but what I found odd was his reference to swearing.

What is up with that? I have encountered this weirdness online a lot before where especially seemingly Ukrainians and Russians will get extra butthurt at people using a swear word in discussions or chatting and immediately want to ban someone for it. Why? This seems a very peculiar Slavic thing and extreme reaction to me. What is the logic behind wanting to purge swear words from the internet and even lecturing English speakers on English internet about it?
>>
No. 14843
301 kB, 798 × 528
>>14838
A nah nothing interestibg. Happening for couple of years since crimea. Extremism is universal "law": for example they just go trought Vkontakte (biggest russia and CIS social network), find random pictures and posts that saying something bad about goverment or religion and send poster to prison. This all works random - people who work for goverment can do anything beyound any laws if they work in favor of goverment. For example TV propoganda contain natzism, fashizm, nationalism and hate and bad words openly, even trought it banned by laws. So called "Centr E" which is anti-extremism have under it badly covered bands of different pseudo-nationalist and other movments that can publically do vandalism, beating people and so on and police has no right to touch them. Most of cases against citizens or random - they just pick a little bit of people in vkontakte, or dedicated against certain opposition and human rights protectirs.
So nothing new there