/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 12906
69 kB, 300 × 313
325 kB, 750 × 420, 0:01
At what age did you realize that you have to have saved up 10 times your gross income until you are 65 in order to keep up your standard of living (Booze) in retirement?

Me, 27, 5 minutes ago.
>>
No. 12909
>>12906
>65-28=37
>37*12=444 incomes
>10*444=4440 incomes
>4440 incomes/12 months=370 years of life after retirement
You are TOO optimistic.
>>
No. 13030
167 kB, 520 × 630
11,8 MB, 640 × 358, 2:33
>>12909
You forgot one thing, the mass starvation that will occur when the world reaches 9 billion people around 2030
>>
No. 13034
102 kB, 700 × 883
>>13030
Why would I suffer from mass starvation when half of the world around 2030 doesn't eat pork?
>>
No. 13035 Kontra
>>13030
Nah.
WE will have food, since our population is decreasing. Third world faggots will have to accept the fate of destruction.
They will have to cut back a bit.
>>
No. 13037
>>13035
Lol do you think people are going to stay put if the international grain market collapses from consecutive crop failures and subsequent famine? The amount of movement in such a scenario from south to north will make the current migrant crisis look like a small itinerant music festival in comparison.
>>
No. 13055
>>13035
You get most of your food from the third world anyway. Good luck with that. There are few things more repulsive than the "fuck everyone else I got mine" mentality.
>>
No. 13057
>>13055
>You get most of your food from the third world anyway

Not true.
>>
No. 13059
72 kB, 971 × 652
495 kB, 1000 × 500
>>13055
Not entirely, primarily due to large bloated agricultural sectors maintained by the US that are nearly entirely subsidized by the US federal government. Also the relatively new large Brazillian investment into making the hinterland of their country into an agriculture powerhouse.

In all honesty, the European food market would be flooded with Ukrainian food were it for highly protectionist EU trade policy on food.

The idea that European countries would starve themselves out without the third world nations is false though, the opposite however,is fairly true.

>When looking at specific food groups, the EU exported over €14 billion of cereals such as wheat, spelt, barley and oats in 2016, accounting for almost one fifth of the total extra-EU food exports (17%) in value. The next largest group was made up of vegetables and fruit (€12 billion, 14%), meat (€11 billion, 13%) as well as dairy products and eggs (€10 billion, 12%).

>The EU Member States imported mainly fruit and vegetables (almost €30 billion, or 30% of total extra-EU food imports), fish (€24 billion, 24%) and coffee, tea, cocoa and spices (€19 billion, 19%) from third countries.

It is worth nothing that, naturally, Europe's main food imports tend to be products which aren't economically feasible for large scale production within the European climate. And US taxpayer funded corn byproducts
>>
No. 13063
>>13059
>Brazil
>Ukraine
>America
Like I said, imports from the third world)))

I think historical context is relevant too in terms of looking at Europe wide food concerns. Maybe Europe wouldn't starve but basics like certain fruits, nuts, vegetables etc would be more unavailable. A large amount of third world as in South America and Africa are doing things like cattle ranching and timber clear cutting. I think that it would be possible for them to adapt considering how much of their economies rely on export of often non-locally essential products. The main thing is how climate change impacts the European climate. If the gulf stream collapses for instance you guys are pretty much fucked agirculturally and for heating/energy concerns. Europe in particular is unusually vulnerable to this kind of thing, which has also been fucked by volcanoes http://science.sciencemag.org/content/362/6416/733.full

See the thing is most bydlo dont seem to understand that "climate change" does not mean everybody universally gets warmer summers and that's it. A more appropriate description is "climate disruption". Some places will be wetter. Others hit by draught and wildfire. My relatives farm for example has been totally fucked because the entire summer was wet and rainy. So we won't be having like 90% of the fresh stuff we usually have at Thanksgiving because of that. You are only looking at projections in current paradigms. Given sufficient climate and economic disruption the situation can change very quickly.