/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 12935
538 kB, 1675 × 1330
A child should be recognized as a human being when he is born – and then, too, I have some reservations.

If a child is born blind or crippled, if a child is born deaf, dumb, and we cannot do anything … Just because life should not be destroyed, this child will have to suffer – because of your stupid idea – for seventy years, eighty years. Why create unnecessary suffering? If the parents are willing, the child should be put to eternal sleep. And there is no problem in it. Only the body goes back into its basic elements; the soul will fly into another womb. Nothing is destroyed.

If you really love the child, you will not want him to live a seventy-year-long life in misery, suffering, sickness, old age. So even if a child is born, if he is not medically capable of enjoying life fully with all the senses, healthy, then it is better that he goes to eternal sleep and is born somewhere else with a better body.

We can fill the whole earth with geniuses, talented people, healthy people.

I suggest to create worldwide lobbies to help to understand genetic programs. Man has reached to the moon but he has not made much effort to understand genetic programs. The reasons are simple, because all the vested interests, all the religions are threatened; they know that once the program of the genes is understood, the old cannot exist any longer.

Much more emphasis should be how we can also change the program. We are learning about health, diseases, age, coloring. First we have to learn how to change the programs. A man, for example, may have the mind of a Nobel Prize winner, but the body may be sick. He may not be able to use the mind if the body cannot support it – unless we can change the program. Once we know how to change the program, thousands of possibilities open up. We can give every man and woman the best of everything. There is no need for anyone to suffer unnecessarily. Being retarded, crippled, blind, ugly – all these will be possible to change.

Criminals can be avoided – politicians can be avoided, priests can be avoided, murderers can be avoided, rapists can be avoided, violent people can be avoided. Or if they have some special quality in them, their genetic program can be changed. Their violence can be taken out, rather than teaching people not to be violent, not to be thieves, not to be criminals.
>>
No. 12937
123 kB, 980 × 612
>>12935
>Just because life should not be destroyed, this child will have to suffer
200100 years ago it was solved pretty easy - women gave birth to as many children as possible. Out of 9 children 1-3 would survive to grown-up age. So rate of population growth was not very big, despite big numbers of born children.
>If you really love the child, you will not want him to live a seventy-year-long life in misery, suffering, sickness, old age.
We all hate this world. We must pass our hatred to next generations, so they could solve our issues better. There's a small chance that they succeed in it, but if they don't, they can pass their hatred and so on. Billions of monkeys can type Romeo and Juliet someday.
>Criminals can be avoided – politicians can be avoided, priests can be avoided, murderers can be avoided, rapists can be avoided, violent people can be avoided.
I see your point. It's called eugenics, and, probably, you know that.
Fairly recent history has showed that if it comes to sinful humans to solve this task, it's not going to become anything good.
>>
No. 12938
>>12935
Systemkontra? That was fast.
But you're right guys. Discussing Osho really sucks and what not.
>>
No. 12940
I'm sure no one has ever debated the utility and ethics of eugenics before. We're probably the first people to ever have a conversation about this. Pretty cool imo
>>
No. 12944
>>12938
>Discussing Osho really sucks and what not.
I don't think it sucks necessarily, but any philosophy that includes infanticide is getting off to a really bad start.  Anyway the concepts in OSHO seem speculative to the point of near-impossibility. They require not only the realization of an idealized vision for genetic manipulation, but also unprecedented changes in fundamental social beliefs about family, ethics and religion. There has to be an easier way to fix the world.
>>12937
>We must pass our hatred to next generations, so they could solve our issues better. There's a small chance that they succeed in it, but if they don't, they can pass their hatred and so on.
Well said.
>>
No. 12948
>>12944
OSHO is a parasitic/opportunistic social predator. I am really baffled by how nobody can just look at his face and know this almost immediately. I find it creepy and strange how so many NTs misinterpret a predatory glare as a friendly smile. And besides which a man's acts are most important of all. I seldom see these money making outfits actually doing something helpful like doctors without borders. It also usually speaks volumes when they advocate vicious cruelty in this world we can see and cover it with some intangible bullshit about reincarnation or whatever. You also have to look at the end goal. It has nothing to do with a world free of suffering.
>>
No. 12951
>>12948
To clarify >>12944
I don't think discussing OSHO sucks necessarily.
t.recognizer of predatory glares
>>
No. 12990
Why is this systemkontra'd?
>>
No. 13002
>>12990
I really don't know.
Maybe it was perceived as "low effort" because I just did copy&paste with those two quotes. I was thinking about adding a comment but decided not to, since those quotes by Osho give enough controversial input for a discussion and can stand by themselves.

Should have put it into a general thread amiriteguys;);)
>>
No. 13010
Many of the things he was adressing are kind of obvious, amd were adressed by many others in different contexts. What makes him standing out is probably transforming these "teachings" and sermons into a very lucrative business based on exploiting masses of gullible western middle class followers.
>>
No. 13032
124 kB, 676 × 1000
>Osho
Btw anyone watched the related "Wild Wild Country" documentary?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7768848/
I found it very entertaining, almost hilarious infact
>>
No. 13049
Eugenics should be practised and it should be done with those purposes in mind; it is a great disservice to the world that we have not practised it systematically for such a long time. Like mr. non-guru said
>Criminals can be avoided – politicians can be avoided, priests can be avoided, murderers can be avoided, rapists can be avoided, violent people can be avoided. Or if they have some special quality in them, their genetic program can be changed. Their violence can be taken out, rather than teaching people not to be violent, not to be thieves, not to be criminals.

As we now know, psychopathy prone people are inherently like that and can never be cured
>>
No. 13054
>>13049
The problem is psychopaths are the most likely to champion eugenics. They are the least likely to ever be impacted by it. In reality all you're going to do is wipe out the artists and intelligentsia while dumb bydlo and their psychopathic overseers run rampant. See also: Soviet Union, Nazi Germany.

The best thing to do isnt try to sterilize all the dumb people--wonderful though it may seem--but provide things like massive tax incentives to intelligent people. Likewise with things like empathy but the problem is how do you even select for or screen these traits? I dont think the world is necessarily improved by filling it with higher IQ psychopaths or clinically retarded nice people, and moreover as anyone with the vaguest clue about genetics realizes you're not just editing out one single gene for one single trait. The Russian foxes should have told you better what happens when you try that.

I mean for example you could heavily tax the shit out of dumb people and criminals--ANY criminal including white collar although in their case probably include some kind of asset forfeiture--for each kid they have above one or two at an escalating gradient. Meanwhile people who do things like volunteer at homeless and animal shelters or have Masters+ degrees or whatever means of checking intelligence and decency give them steep tax credits. That's just one example. Hell even have the State flat out pay for smarter and kinder people to have kids.

The problem is as you can see the exact type of person who espouses eugenics this likely would never occur to them. Instead they take the "kill em all" approach and as such those people themselves should be screened off and given life crippling tax and other penalties if they breed, preferably with an additional mandatory minimum hours of anime consumption and state provided full body anime pillow just to be sure.

We should also encourage highly risky sexual behaviors in the more intelligent and possibly more risk averse and thus pregnancy averse population and discourage the use of birth control. The problem isnt even that stupid people and vicious dickheads have too many kids, it is that good people aren't having enough.