/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 13298
65 kB, 400 × 400
How does one make money online that doesn't involve crypto/SR/camwhoring? like for example, how does one actually start a blog and make money from it? Do you need to set up all kinds of things like bank account, a paypal or whatever, and have advertisers pay you or what?
>>
No. 13300
>Do you need to set up all kinds of things like bank account, a paypal or whatever, and have advertisers pay you or what?

Yes, you also need something interesting to write about and even then you won't earn much from something like a blog.
>>
No. 13314
>>13298
I will describe work not related to blogs.

It's nearly impossible to make money online if you're from 1st world country, because the average salary will not cover the cost of living in America. I want to become a freelance artist, but it's because even $200 a month would be enough for me to have a decent (by Ukrainian standards) life in my country. A lot of people on Russian imageboards work as translators or copywriters for $100-1000 a month.
There's also this type of work where you type captcha and answer stupid questions on special web-sites like Toloka, but the pay there is extremely low and you gonna work for literally cents and get $100-400 a month, it's a very dull and exhausting 24/7 job. In general, the only viable online proffesion for a 1st worlder is programmer, the others pay too little (translators, copywriters) or require many years of study and self-promotion (freelance artists).
>>
No. 13332
>>13314
Pretty much this.
I have also looked for online translation agencies like gengo (the pay is generally low but you get work easier than as a freelancer) to make some money, but it just wouldn't be worth my time here in Germany. Might be really viable for 2nd or 3rd world countries though.
>>
No. 13337
853 kB, 750 × 2238
Blogs are unlikely to be profitable nowadays for various reasons

Pic reated seems to be from 2010, so a bunch of these are not profitable anymore, but should suffice as a primer to get an idea what is possible

As >>13314 said for grunt work you will get outbid by people from places with lower living costs, that's why a lot of people working as online freelancers move to Thailand or whatever, cf "digital nomad"

In any case you need to have good motivation and organizational skills, and also learn the skills required for what you want to do, e.g. programming, writing, marketing etc.

So if you're serious about it do your research, there's a huge amount of resources dedicated to "how to make money online" though obviously they all also want to sell you something
If you have any specific questions or ideas we can then talk ITT

If I would have any business sense I would now attach a link to my blog or sth.
>>
No. 13381
>>13298

You can always try trading online if you have at least some capital.
>>
No. 13387
>>13337
This chart looks like a joke.
>>
No. 13771
Buy low sell high
>>
No. 13774
>>13387
It's very dumb, that's for sure
>>
No. 13778
1,1 MB, 1196 × 602
>>13387
The preamble is definitely a joke, but the flow-chart itself does accurately breakdown how money is made on the internet. Of course even that just lists what you can do, but not how to it.
>Action figures painted to look like different action figures
I just found out people do that. This guy used to sell his but doesn't anymore what kind of artist turns down money!?
https://www.polygon.com/2014/8/6/5974549/tmnt-toys-art-ninja-turtles