/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 16126
175 kB, 965 × 706
8 kB, 282 × 178
It's mind boggling to me that people lived in these conditions so recently in advanced nations like Canada and Australia. From wikipedia:

The Golers are a clan of poor, rural families in Canada, on Nova Scotia's South Mountain, near Wolfville, known for inter-generational poverty and the conviction in the 1980s of a large number of family members for sexual abuse and incest.

The Golers lived together in two shacks in a remote wooded area south of the community of White Rock, outside the town of Wolfville. Like most other mountain clans, they were isolated from most of the residents of the farming district in the Annapolis Valley and most of the nearby towns. The Goler adults, some of whom had intellectual disabilities, had little schooling and rarely worked. The Golers supported themselves on a combination of social welfare and occasional labor at the many nearby farms, supplemented by fishing and foraging for berries and other fruits.[1] The children were generally forced to perform any menial chores (such as preparing food or removing trash). Garbage was simply thrown into the attic, until it was completely filled, and then the adults would make the children haul it all out.[1]

From about 1980, several of the children had attempted to tell outsiders and authorities about the abuse they suffered, but were disbelieved and returned to their family who punished them.[1] In 1984, one of the children, a 14-year-old girl, revealed the details of a long history of torture and abuse (physical, sexual, and psychological), to a school official. According to further details uncovered by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, this abuse and forced incestuous relationships had been taking place for multiple generations. As the case was investigated, authorities learned that a number of Goler children were victims of sexual abuse at the hands of fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, sisters, brothers, cousins, and each other. During interrogation by police, several of the adults openly admitted to, and even boasted about, engaging in many forms of sexual activity, up to and including full intercourse, multiple times with the children. They often went into graphic detail, claiming that the children themselves had initiated the activity.[1]
>>
No. 16137
26 kB, 226 × 282
>>16126
The feel when no clan to fuck.
The pigs will never let you have your own fuck zoo.
>>
No. 16152
>>16137
Please refrain from promulgating harmful stereotypes. The Austrians are a kind and industrious people.
>>
No. 16154 Kontra
>>16152
lol
>>
No. 16158
Well, minus the incest I can empathize with that.
t. outskirts of Appalachia knower
There is a reason why I tend to empathize with Slavs so much. It is perfectly understandable to me being a decade behind everyone else in trends too.

I don't think you understand how utterly poor many Americans or places in America are. This is literally the third world tier surrounding a few city states ruled by oligarchs. I would imagine a lot of deep midwest is also like this.
>>
No. 16159
>>16158
>I don't think you understand how utterly poor many Americans or places in America are. This is literally the third world tier surrounding a few city states ruled by oligarchs. I would imagine a lot of deep midwest is also like this.

My dad is from northern Appalachia and occasionally we would visit his hometown when I was young so I have had some limited exposure to these conditions. That said, I never encountered anything like the Goler Clan. It's true that some people were a bit simple, and many were of humble means, but they were still well integrated in their small communities. These inbred mountain clans exist at a level of deprivation and isolation that is well removed in degree even from the manner of poverty we consider characteristic of Appalachia.
>>
No. 16163
37 kB, 474 × 268
>>16159
It is mainly the fact that they are inbred. Everything else is normal to me. Including the molestation bit which is usual for a small mountain towns dirty secrets tier.
>>
No. 16170
We have a island for this.

>When we got to Big Fence, 15 women – almost the entire adult female population of the island – were assembled on sofas and plastic chairs in the living room. At that time, the names of the seven defendants were still suppressed by a court order. However, we were privy to this poorly kept secret; every woman in the room was related to one or more of the men. We had been summoned to Big Fence, it turned out, to be told that their menfolk were not "perverts" or "hardened criminals"; they were decent, hard-working family types. No islander would tolerate children being interfered with, and no one on Pitcairn had ever been raped. The "victims" were girls who had known exactly what they were doing.

>The women explained that underage sex was the norm on Pitcairn. Darralyn Griffiths, the daughter of one of the defendants, told us in a matter-of-fact way that she had lost her virginity at 13, "and I felt shit hot about it too. I felt like a big lady." Others clamoured to make similar admissions. "I had it at 12, and I was shit hot too," said Jay's sister Meralda, a woman in her forties. Olive Christian described her youth, with evident nostalgia, as a time when "we all thought sex was like food on the table".

>We must have looked surprised. They were surprised we were surprised. Well, they demanded, at what age did we start having sex? It was clear, in this company and at this particular juncture, that the question could not be avoided. Some of our responses met with howls of derision; the women did not apparently believe that anyone could have lost their virginity at 18. The point of this meeting seemed to be to persuade us that the criminal case against the seven men was based on a misconception – and, furthermore, that it was all part of an elaborate plot. Britain, the colonial power, was determined to "close the island down", they said, because it had become a financial burden. What better way to achieve that than to jail the men who were the very backbone of the community?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/evil-under-the-sun-the-dark-side-of-the-pitcairn-island-880226.html

Also if you want to live somewhere tropical they are offering free land. They're really absolutely desperate for people but I'd make sure you can deal with island bydlo - there's only 50 residents though so we could easily take over the place.
http://www.immigration.gov.pn/immigrate/index.html
>>
No. 16176
99 kB, 678 × 960
>>16170
>told us in a matter-of-fact way that she had lost her virginity at 13, "and I felt shit hot about it too. I felt like a big lady." Others clamoured to make similar admissions. "I had it at 12, and I was shit hot too,"
Absolutely 1000% British.

Well, how do we get out first beach head immigrants in? Because I'm absolutely not joking I'm willing to do this. I have no longer any real ties to anything and don't give a fuck about up and moving to some random island.
>>
No. 16185
>>
No. 16186
>>16176
>Well, how do we get out first beach head immigrants in?

Just write them an application and get the next boat from NZ. The biggest obstacle is having enough savings together and some idea of what you're going to do for a job once you get there. Come with a business idea and a way of making that happen and I imagine they will welcome you as a hero.
>>
No. 16204
>>16186
What kinds of economic activity do you think would be viable?
>>
No. 16209
>>16204
Oh well; tax evasion, money laundering, sanctions-busting, the usual Overseas Territory stuff. The islands make some scratch selling domain names as well but I imagine the islanders haven't don't much exploration into IT services due to a lack of skill (and the environment being inhospitable for server hosting).
>>
No. 16219
>>16185
Dear lord, that's even worse than the Goler case.

Someone should calculate what the highest coefficient of inbreeding of any individual in the family was.
>>
No. 16228
Honestly why give a fuck as long as they're diddling their own children and not yours.
>>
No. 16229
>>
No. 16230
>>
No. 16237
>>16230
Oh a gift, and what is?