/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 18963 Systemkontra
846 kB, 866 × 495
Huawei founder made some pretty confident declarations about his company and USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1epxXUPkQ
>America doesn't represent the world
>no way the US can crush us
Reminder that his daughter is under arrest in Canada.
>>
No. 18964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xkoyrWRXrc

Basically, he doesn't care about USA so much because USA is just a small portion of their revenue. But on the other hand it seems they're better positioned than anybody else to roll out 5G, so many countries apparently are ignoring warnings from murka because they want that 5G fast. I have not yet understood what's the big difference from 4G to 5G other than much broader band.
>>
No. 18968
>>18964
>I have not yet understood what's the big difference from 4G to 5G other than much broader band.
High-speed communications require broad band and higher frequencies. The higher you get, less broader band you need.
>>
No. 19051
>>
No. 19052
83 kB, 302 × 389
>>19051
>Saudi crown prince
>defends China's right to put Uighur Muslims in concentration camps
The what...?

>"China has the right to carry out anti-terrorism and de-extremisation work for its national security,” Prince Mohammed, who has been in China signing multi-million trade deals much to the annoyance of his Western allies, was quoted as saying on Chinese state television.
Oh, right, I forgot that MONEY exists for a second.
>>
No. 19054
104 kB, 640 × 640
>>19052
>>19051
What a bunch

>Haaretz
>The bad news: A U.S. Congress that may end funding for the war in Yemen
>>
No. 19055
52 kB, 700 × 395
To bolster their DNA capabilities, scientists affiliated with China’s police used equipment made by Thermo Fisher, a Massachusetts company. For comparison with Uighur DNA, they also relied on genetic material from people around the world that was provided by Kenneth Kidd, a prominent Yale University geneticist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/business/china-xinjiang-uighur-dna-thermo-fisher.html
>>
No. 19057 Kontra
>>19055
Reminds me of this book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust

On April 12, 1933, the German government announced plans to conduct a long-delayed national census.[2]:54 The project was particularly important to the Nazis as a mechanism for the identification of Jews, Gypsies, and other ethnic groups deemed undesirable by the regime. Dehomag offered to assist the German government in its task of ethnic identification, concentrating upon the 41 million residents of Prussia.[2]:55 This activity was not only countenanced by Thomas Watson and IBM in America, Black argues, but was actively encouraged and financially supported, with Watson himself traveling to Germany in October 1933 and the company ramping up its investment in its German subsidiary from 400,000 to 7,000,000 Reichsmark—about $1 million.[2]:60 This injection of American capital allowed Dehomag to purchase land in Berlin and to construct IBM's first factory in Germany, Black charges, thereby "tooling up for what it correctly saw as a massive financial relationship with the Hitler regime".[2]:60

Black also asserts that a "secret deal" was made between Heidinger and Watson during the latter's visit to Germany which allowed Dehomag commercial powers outside of Germany, enabling the "now Nazified" company to "circumvent and supplant" various national subsidiaries and licensees by "soliciting and delivering punch card solution technology directly to IBM customers in those territories".[2]:61 As a result, Nazi Germany soon became the second most important customer of IBM after the lucrative U.S. market.[2]:110 The 1933 census, with design help and tabulation services provided by IBM through its German subsidiary, proved to be pivotal to the Nazis in their efforts to identify, isolate, and ultimately destroy the country's Jewish minority. Machine-tabulated census data greatly expanded the estimated number of Jews in Germany by identifying individuals with only one or a few Jewish ancestors. Previous estimates of 400,000 to 600,000 were abandoned for a new estimate of 2 million Jews in the nation of 65 million.[2]:110

As the Nazi war machine occupied successive nations of Europe, capitulation was followed by a census of the population of each subjugated nation, with an eye to the identification and isolation of Jews and Gypsies. These census operations were intimately intertwined with technology and cards supplied by IBM's German and new Polish subsidiaries, which were awarded specific sales territories in Poland by decision of the New York office following Germany's successful Blitzkrieg invasion.[2]:193 Data generated by means of counting and alphabetization equipment supplied by IBM through its German and other national subsidiaries was instrumental in the efforts of the German government to concentrate and ultimately destroy ethnic Jewish populations across Europe.[2]:198 Black reports that every Nazi concentration camp maintained its own Hollerith-Abteilung (Hollerith Department), assigned with keeping tabs on inmates through use of IBM's punchcard technology.[2]:351 In his book, Black charges that "without IBM's machinery, continuing upkeep and service, as well as the supply of punch cards, whether located on-site or off-site, Hitler's camps could have never managed the numbers they did."[2]:352
>>
No. 19058
49 kB, 604 × 157
>>19057
Cisco and... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall#Campaigns_and_crackdowns

USA you are the Freedom's gf of the world, I think you should raze this kind of behaviour, with all respect I tell you
>>
No. 19060
>>19058
Thermo Fisher has already folded to public pressure regarding the Uighur issue, and will no longer sell its instruments in Xinjiang. It's probably too little, too late though.
>>
No. 19064
>>19058
USA doesn't give two shits about freedoms. When America lectures you about "freedom" what they're really talking about is freedom of our oligarchs. In that regard it is indeed a more free society than say Britain, Germany, or France because in those countries you're expected to be held accountable to society.

Otherwise the idea that this is a free society is laughable. We have been propping up dictatorships and death squads for the last century and jail more people than any other country on earth. We haven't been a truly free society since the American frontier was closed.
>>
No. 19068
>>19064
>since the American frontier was closed
When it was closed though?
>>
No. 19071
>>19068
Late 19th century. I mean, look yeah it was a period of blatant land theft, invasion, and genocide, but it was also a defining period for this country. It was around the start of the 20th century that you couldn't really just move to a prairie, grab some land and tell the government to fuck off. There has been a creeping authoritarianism getting more intense each decade since then. It's at the point now where if a man wants to just go fishing he's going to get fined and tazed for not having a permit and probably criminal trespass. Because I have an idealistic vision of my country and expect and demand freedoms, I am naturally very very butthurt about all this.

Of course I forget topic is China, and I dislike that country so much that at this point even the Saudis are better than them. I wish nothing but smallpox and misery upon China.
>>
No. 19090
>>19071
>Of course I forget topic is China, and I dislike that country so much that at this point even the Saudis are better than them. I wish nothing but smallpox and misery upon China.

What is your view on the red scare? Would you say that current political propaganda (in the US) against china is comparable to the red scare?
>>
No. 19092
>>19071
>you couldn't really just move to a prairie, grab some land and tell the government to fuck off. There has been a creeping authoritarianism getting more intense each decade since then
You might want to read Foucault and his theory about utopias and heterotopias.
>In civilizations without boats, dreams dry up, espionage takes the place of adventure, and the police take the place of pirates.
>>
No. 19108
>>19090
Oh it's nothing even remotely like the Red Scare. I mean for starters, China actually makes US companies a LOT of fucking money. All that cheap garbage in China is bought up by US companies for pennies on the dollar if even that and sold for outrageous markup. It isn't China's fault. It's the fault of US companies that this shit is happening.

That being stated China is a legitimate threat to freedoms worldwide. This again isn't taken so seriously because a lot of the evil shit China does or wants to do is also what Western oligarchs want to implement like having some horrible internet passport system and total surveillanced etc they just can't get away with it so easily as China does to the Chinese.

If anything the threat is massively downplayed. Trump is one of the only people willing to publicly say anything negative about China and even then you will notice he treats them with kids gloves and is too afraid to say anything super bad about China, in spite of the fact they spent the past two decades looting every single Western server on earth for anything of remotest military or economic or other value. It wouldn't surprise me if China could simply turn off our whole military and economy at this point.

So no, in fact it is opposite of red scare and people are really complacent over here. It's that terminal stage of empires symptom, where imperial citizens and even leadership arrogantly assume they are too big to fall and impervious to everything. I honestly can't tell how much is stupidity or arrogance, and how much is knowing China already has us by the balls economically. A world under Chinese rule will be hell on earth.
>>
No. 19134 Kontra
I hope Xi wipes DC off the map.
>>
No. 19153 Kontra
>>19134
I hope DC wipes Beijing off the map
>>
No. 19155
>>19108

>A world under Chinese rule will be hell on earth.

I don't think there are any other options on the table than hell on earth, one way or the other.
>>
No. 19156
>>18964
>I have not yet understood what's the big difference from 4G to 5G other than much broader band.

5G makes communication basically "live", its so fast it can potentially be real life instant. Now you dont need that to read the latest post on EC, but for example companies set up their own 5G networks on their production facilities so they can communicate in real time with the machines from one central command building and that kind of stuff.
>>
No. 19160
https://www.rferl.org/a/daughter-of-putin-s-spokesman-working-in-european-parliament/29789851.html

The father of this 21 year old girl embezzled million dollars of Russian taxpayers', she is a privileged kid that got education and her current position thanks to the connections and wealth of her father, and now she works for the EU parliament and receives the salary from European taxpayers. Reminds me of a situation when Stalin’s daughter and Khrushchev’s son immigrated from the USSR to the West.
The children of Russian officials are the international globalized elite and enjoy the benefits of Western education and quality of life, but they will not even pay a penny for the sins of their parents who have transferred their ill-gained wealth to their children.
Former Ukrainian prime minister ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlo_Lazarenko ) stole millions of dollars from piss-poor Ukrainian citizens in the 90s and escaped to the US. Later he was prosecuted by American authorities, but sure as hell he managed to hide and transfer some money to his relatives in America.

Nationalism is a sham and it's very tempting for high-ranking officials to try to find an external enemy to exploit tribalism and divert people's attention from corruption and internal problems.
>>
No. 19232
391 kB, 539 × 450
54 kB, 587 × 687
Yes again but this time quite serious!
Artilery shells and heavy bombardlemnt, lost of some aircraft and other things. Too many news, hard to sort all this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5okJwHkxh8
>>
No. 19234
https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/deutsche-rechtsextremisten-schiessuebungen-bei-den.1773.de.html?dram%3Aarticle_id=442158&fbclid=IwAR1ReJq7vScgB6BtkJX8G0Paz0ckE34tdKW1Am0xph1ztrnK91CNVSxWAn8

Its in German tho.

Apparently right wingers from Germany use the Czech Republic to train with fire arms on private rifle ranges since the laws are not strict over there you just need a valid ID. Had to chuckle a bit because I thought of the upcoming civil war memes that are spread on imageboards.
Also an interesting fact that you can train shooting with pistols and even AKs in the Czech Republic.
>>
No. 19237
>>19232

>this time quite serious!

doubt
>>
No. 19238
>>19237
Well I not say it will escalate, I just said was done already was something big compared to recent years.
>>
No. 19246
>>19237
It's a right wing religious/nationalist government versus a well right wing Islamist government. Pretty high chance of a nuclear exchange there in fact it has long been feared as the flashpoint for the first nuclear war. Genuine analysts don't give a shit about North Korea or Iran, only US neocons. Everyone else has known for awhile that this is the most delicate nuclear situation in the world, and frankly neither government atm is what you would call sane, stable and level headed.
>>
No. 19262
77 kB, 506 × 535
The situation is believed to arise when two sperm cells fertilise a single egg. In the latest case, one sperm carried an X chromosome among its genetic material, and the other carried a Y chromosome.

After fertilisation the chromosomes from the two sperm cells and the single egg got bundled into three “genetic packages”: one contained chromosomes from both sperm – meaning it contained two sets of genetic material from the father, but none from the mother. The other two packages each contained the same set of chromosomes from the mother, as well as genetic material from one of the two sperm, giving rise to either XX (female) or XY (male) cells.

As the fertilised egg divided and the ball of cells grew, those containing only chromosomes from the two sperm died. However, those containing chromosomes from both the egg and a sperm cell continued to divide.

“Then what happens is that little ball of cells splits into two, and that is why you have twins,” said Gabbett, adding that these offspring have a greater genetic similarity than fraternal twins, but are not identical.

But the situation is not that straightforward: some of both embryos’ cells contained two X chromosomes, while other cells contained an X and a Y chromosome.

Gabbett added since one twin was a boy and the other a girl, the ratio of each of these types of cell differed: one embryo contained a greater number of XY cells, so developed male, while the other had a high proportion of XX cells and developed female.

The only previously reported case of sesquizygotic twins came from the US in 2007, discovered after one of the children was born with ambiguous genitalia. The team say the children in the latest report had no such ambiguities.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/feb/27/scientists-stunned-discovery-semi-identical-twins

Sesquizygotic multiple pregnancy is an exceptional intermediate between monozygotic and dizygotic twinning. We report a monochorionic twin pregnancy with fetal sex discordance. Genotyping of amniotic fluid from each sac showed that the twins were maternally identical but chimerically shared 78% of their paternal genome, which makes them genetically in between monozygotic and dizygotic; they are sesquizygotic. We observed no evidence of sesquizygosis in 968 dizygotic twin pairs whom we screened by means of pangenome single-nucleotide polymorphism genotyping. Data from published repositories also show that sesquizygosis is a rare event. Detailed genotyping implicates chimerism arising at the juncture of zygotic division, termed heterogonesis, as the likely initial step in the causation of sesquizygosis.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1701313
>>
No. 19300
164 kB, 1256 × 2966
https://www.sfgate.com/news/world/article/UN-to-vote-on-rival-US-and-Russian-resolutions-on-13652491.php
https://news.yahoo.com/russia-china-veto-us-measure-venezuela-un-council-211029116.html
Huh interesting lineup. Did you know that POLAND is a UNSC member?

Belgium (2020)
Côte d’Ivoire (2019)
Dominican Republic (2020)
Equatorial Guinea (2019)
Germany (2020)
Indonesia (2020)
Kuwait (2019)
Peru (2019)
Poland (2019)
South Africa (2020)

Also your thoughts on the current Venezuela situation?
>>
No. 19315
Why is this guy such a fucking traitor?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/28/experts-say-kim-jong-un-likely-knew-otto-warmbiers-torture/3021107002/
Literally fucking apologizing to some tinpot dictator who murdered an American. Like what the actual fuck?
>>
No. 19318
3,1 MB, 960 × 540, 0:38
>>
No. 19320
>>19318
There is something about the British lecturing us politically that I find particularly irritating. I fucking hate Piers Morgan for the same reason.
>>
No. 19334
112 kB, 960 × 540
7 kB, 200 × 150
Today a Fridays for Future-protest happened in my city. The big star guest was the pic related swedish girl with asperger-syndrome that kicked these demonstrations off. To those who aren't familiar with the concept: On fridays instead of going to school, kids gather at some central place of their town and protest against the politics of their governments concerning the environment. There were around 3500-6000 people, depending on the people counting, attending this event here. Of course the visit of the girl helped to add to these numbers. I guess a lot more kids simply stayed home from school today in the hope of not getting punished for it by having an excuse with this. I cannot help but feel reminded of the South Park episode in which the boys fled a math exam to protest against the war in Iraq.
>>
No. 19337
>>19334
I saw such a "demonstration" some weeks ago, when I had to visit the city center. Today while shopping groceries the "radio" there gave me a news flash about these events. I had to think of the concept of folk politics >The book begins (chapters 1–2) by critiquing dominant left-wing thinking in the West, suggesting that since the cultural upheavals of the 1960s it has been characterised by a "folk politics" which aims to bring politics down to the "human scale". By emphasising temporal, spatial, and conceptual immediacy, folk politics tends to privilege reacting to change (through protest and resistance) over imagining new long-term goals; the immediate and tangible over the abstract; personal involvement in direct action over institutional responses; single issues over complex strategies; horizontal organising over hierarchical; and the local over the large-scale. While arguing that these approaches are important and can at times be effective, Srnicek and Williams argue that they are insufficient to tackle global capitalism and specifically neoliberalism.and global warming we want to add here and why it is not successful, I too thought it's more about no school than thee climate, which is rather empty even it really is a serious issue, but it was has been emptied, thanks to us being acquainted with contradictions concerning our life styles and what we think has to be done for the future.
>>
No. 19339
73 kB, 498 × 636
>>19334
>Fridays for Future-protest
Kids in our times were a lot more effective in achieving their goals.
>>
No. 19341
>>19334
So, are there a lot of Streikbrechers? Because, remembering myself at that age, I'd rather sit in a cozy classroom listening to the teacher than do that cringey shit together with those dumb conformists.
>>
No. 19343
>>19341
I really do not know and have not read anything about that. I heard that not all schools go easy on the kids taking the day off for the protests but since it was the last day before holidays here, I guess a lot got by without attending either school or this gathering.
>>
No. 19346
22 kB, 700 × 438
>>19343
It's just that those kind of protests really seem stupid to me. IMO, a kid who sat through a physics or a biology lesson can potentially prove to be much more useful to the ecology than all that bunch of half-wits with signs.
>>
No. 19359
315 kB, 2270 × 1506
35.000 $ Tesla is finally available

https://www.wired.com/story/tesla-model-3-35000-price-autopilot-self-driving-stores-closing/

According to Musk the price in Europe will be about 30% higher because 20% sales tax and 10% import duty.
>>
No. 19362
>>19359
I doubt anyone will buy these cars apart from people who always get the newest toy available anyway. At the moment and for a few years to come, electric cars are nothing for the average consumer.
>>
No. 19382
>>19362

Why would you think that?
>>
No. 19386
>>19382
They are pretty impratical for the average person given there are still very few spots where you can load them. Also 35k is not something most people can afford just like that. Last I doubt that a lot of people are willing to cope with the waiting time until delivery. I am not up to date though, but the last time I read about it, it were around two years.
>>
No. 19397
>>19386
Tesla is being uprooted by other manufacturers who are able to deliver on time. They haven't had the #1 spot on the market of electric cars for some time now.

Besides, I think you underestimate the number of people who "always get the latest toys". Please, take a moment to figure our how long it took from "that one guy in my class has an iPhone" to "literally everyone has a smart phone".
Of course this is not the same price range, but the mentality is there.
>>
No. 19400
>>19397
the car is a different thing than a mobile phone with internet connection. You are right, the mentality might fit at first but at least for Germany I would say that people have a different mentality concerning cars than smartphones. A car is not just an exchangeable gadget for many people ofc some just buy the newest car every 2-3 years or buy on pump. So I have my doubts that people tackle the buy of a new (electrical) car like they do with a phone. Both depend on infrastructures like the other German already put forward which are quite different in their reality when they first entered the market.
>>
No. 19403
>>19397
I tried to compare the electric car with other stuff, but I fail to find much that really fits. I think you can compare an electric car best with personal computers entering homes or even the broad number of businesses. It took quite some time from computers being easily available at reasonable prices until the vast number of people actually buying them. Even with the computer having more advantages for the average person already back in the 80s, than the replacement of a motor car with an electrical one has to offer.
>>
No. 19430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vhfqE1eR6E

BBC doesn't seem to like this trade deal. Too short video for a debate, dunno why they did it, but the issue is interesting to discuss.
>>
No. 19432
>>19430
>Too short video for a debate, dunno why they did it, but the issue is interesting to discuss.

Well, if you want something more in depth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_bcb4bifY

It seems unlikely we'll get an agricultural deal with the US when Michael Gove is committed to improving animal welfare and the British diet (itself a strategy of cutting down healthcare costs). British farmers will also be unable to compete in an open market with US imports which is an issue as we're already terribly over-reliant on food imports. In short, there's a good deal going against it that flow from our place as a world leader in ethical farming which won't go after Brexit because it's something the public here care deeply about.

In the case of chlorinated chicken, personally I think the EU was wrong to ban it and it has represented raw protectionism. In addition I think the US agricultural industry will influence the US negotiating position in ways people often miss. USMCA negotiations eventually took a softer tone on access to the Canadian diary market as the US farm lobby itself became worried that too much competition would turn Canada into an efficiency monster that would compete with them. Similarly the US negotiations with Mexico eventually turned into niggling over a few small percentage points from the deal they already had under TPP despite Mexico affectively surrendering near the end.

I don't think either side is too keen on major change in this area and it's a sideshow to different negotiations ongoing involving access to financial services and tariffs for online purchases. This is somewhere USMCA got a big win on and I think we'll see a similar deal occur with Britain.
>>
No. 19433
>>19397
Telsa is popular in China which is a closed market.
3 billion ppl
Every brand is envious of this.
I think think electric vehicles are garbage, overpriced vanity vehicles.

'member milk floats I 'member
>>
No. 19439
27 kB, 800 × 450
Holy sweet fucking Jesus did you guys hear about this?
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/02/report-trump-officials-tried-to-fast-track-nuclear-tech-transfer-to-saudi-arabia/
tl;dr for some mysterious reason the Trump admin had been trying to ram through creating a Saudi Arabian nuclear program. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

In (a bit old) but completely unrelated news
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/08/saudi-group-apologises-airliner-post-resembling-911-180807054738005.html
>>
No. 19440
A chunk of a Denisovan skull has been identified for the first time—a dramatic contribution to the handful of known samples from one of the most obscure branches of the hominin family tree. Paleoanthropologist Bence Viola from the University of Toronto will discuss the as-yet-unpublished discovery at the upcoming meeting of the American Association of Physical Anthropologists in Cleveland, Ohio, at the end of March.

Very little is known about the Denisovans, an extinct branch of hominins that was a sister group to Neanderthals. Only four individual Denisovans had been identified previously, all from one cave in Siberia. The first Denisovan was described in 2010 from the fragment of a pinky finger bone, and three more were identified from teeth. This skull piece, excavated about three years ago in that same Siberian cave, represents a fifth individual.

“It’s very nice that we finally have fragments like this,” says Viola. “It’s not a full skull, but it’s a piece of a skull. It gives us more. Compared to the finger and the teeth, it’s nice to have.” But, he adds, it’s hardly a full skeleton. “We’re always greedy,” he laughs. “We want more.”

https://www.sapiens.org/evolution/denisovan-skull-found/
>>
No. 19444
>>19439
>Giving the arabs more toys for whatever reason
Holy shit
It was IQ89 and it was the Trump Administration’s plan
>>
No. 19453
72 kB, 1310 × 873
And another Musk stunt:

SpaceX's Crew Dragon Docks at ISS for first time

https://blogs.nasa.gov/spacestation/2019/03/03/spacex-crew-dragon-successfully-docks-to-station/
>>
No. 19457
>>19439
Putin suddenly seems to be more reasonable and Russia a more responsible country than USA when it comes to nukes.

>>19432
I'm more interested in what was being shown at the beginning: the lack of balance of the trade deal proposal, not the food ethics part.
>>
No. 19458
14 kB, 480 × 360
>>19457
>Putin suddenly seems to be more reasonable and Russia a more responsible country than USA when it comes to nukes.
Wut
>>
No. 19460
>>19458
Until you start building more than 40 uranium enrichment facilities for churkas or give Iranians nukes, we beat you and remain number 1 in the irresponsible nuclear department. USA! USA! USA!
>>
No. 19462
>>19460
I don't think Russia currently capable of building anything nuklear. However it will be not surprise if russia sold materials and shit like this to North Korea and their Nuklear program.
>>
No. 19463
127 kB, 1280 × 732
61 kB, 1200 × 799
>>19462
also
recently in news was "WE MADE NEW SUPER ROCKET THAT WILL DESTROY USA IN SPEED OF 9Mach!!!"
And they showed 3d render of american Boeing X-51

Nobody seen this real rocket, nobody even former Soviet/Rusian engeneers belive it's exist, recent putin conference where he metioned it "learning to count.." https://www.facebook.com/radiosvoboda/videos/300374410678322/ become new meme, since looks like Putin goes to absolute Demension in heda and all his talks was apu-tier, I will not even translate this.
>>
No. 19464
>>19463
Wait did he mean this?
>“Among the ruling class” in the United States, he said, are many people who “are too captivated by ideas of their exceptionalism and their superiority over the entire rest of the world.”

>“But do they know how to count?” he asked. “Surely they do. Let them first calculate the range and speed of our advanced weapons systems, and then make decisions on the threats against our country.”
I mean, the impression I often get is of a sociopathic KGB officer used to suffering bydlo and fools while talking in code. He was not wrong about this crackpot theory
https://sputniknews.com/military/201711011058712235-pentagon-explains-russian-biomaterial-collection/
Also FYI most intelligence operations particularly psyops and programs you normally associate with "CIA project" normally go through USAF and the USN like the Office of Naval Intelligence.
>>
No. 19466
>>19462
Russia is very much capable of building new nuclear powerplants.
Rosatom is going to build a new one at Paks in Hungary.
>>
No. 19467
>>19463
It's funny indeed:

>Avangard block can move at a speed exceeding the speed of sound 20 times in dense layers of the atmosphere.

>"It's all just like an orange. Six went to mind, seven went crazy. Count how much it will be. Both Georgia and Ukraine will not give them a big win," Putin said. At the same time, he did not give any specific calculations.

>The words “Six has gone to my mind, seven have gone crazy”, with which Putin has illustrated his statements, he has repeatedly used in the past for a variety of reasons, but more often - when meeting with teenagers.
>>
No. 19469
>>19467
lol okay wtf is he even talking about
>>
No. 19471
>>19469
>>19467
>>19464
He is not sane last year or so, and his condition become worse slowely. I guess country currently ruled mostly by Sechin and some other people like him, Putin is just instrument of talking more or less, and balance instrument since current goverment oligarhs and siloviki hate each other.
>>
No. 19472
>>19457
>I'm more interested in what was being shown at the beginning: the lack of balance of the trade deal proposal, not the food ethics part.

I'd argue that they are all interrelated and by extension the comparative advantages of size are therefore overstated. To draw upon USMCA negotiations again, Canada and Mexico while dwarfed and dependant on trade with the US were able to exploit the fragmented nature of American society to great effect. This is especially true of Canada which engaged early with the US auto industry, state governments and even agricultural sectors to work with it on a deal. Conversely, Trump appointed loyalists to lead negotiations who found themselves living with a distinct information disadvantage while domestic pressure meant walking way would be impossible. The final nail was Canada dictating Trumps victory speech with ridiculous clauses like if Canada's auto exports to the US rose by 100% in one year tariffs could be called and exploiting the China bogeyman by providing a notification clause on any new free trade deals.

There is the big distinction of course that no deal in this scenario is the status quo and that Britain would be unlikely to hold a united front domestically. This presupposes however that American industry will allow a juicy opportunity to slip by in a period of global economic slowdown and ignores 20 years of UK government experience in dealing with (comparatively) tiny devolved regions that frequently pulled its pants down. The US will at some point no doubt do use it's classic trick of walking out (something it has done to great effect in negotiations with China and now North Korea) causing worry but they always come back after a few months.

So in short it all sounds very scary for a short news bit made by a lazy reporter but it's more complicated than that. Maybe we'll just end up with a modified TTIP.
>>
No. 19473
97 kB, 635 × 499
67 kB, 500 × 570
139 kB, 949 × 500
69 kB, 500 × 513
>>19471
Are you sure he is crazy, and doesn't just think he's talking in code?
>>
No. 19474
6 kB, 182 × 277
>>19473
>he's talking in code?
While playing 6d chess?
>>
No. 19475
171 kB, 796 × 499
>>19474
It just sounds to me almost like saying something in code or trying to make some remark not everyone would get. I presume this because of KGB background, not claiming he is good at it.
>>
No. 19478
>>19475
There is a lot of "PUTriots" who belive and "uncode" all shizophazia he said over this years. Don't know how much of them is payed posters who just imitate activity thought.
>>
No. 19479
99 kB, 684 × 365
88 kB, 612 × 408
67 kB, 500 × 644
>>19478
So he is actually losing it? I also think I'm using it wrong and my grammar sucks.
>>
No. 19480
62 kB, 640 × 320
>>19479
Loosing what? Sanity? Yes, he is aging bydlo who long time ago don't understand not modern world, not in any way competent. And well, let's stop it, since I can post 9000 funny pictures with pootine, but we are not picture dumping board.
>>
No. 19483
>>19480
Yes, but we are a me trying to find proper Russian grammar and phraseology to adequately mock world leaders board :--DDDD
>>
No. 19484 Kontra
>>19479
When I saw it on the frontpage, I thought sosach is raiding us.
>>
No. 19488 Kontra
345 kB, 640 × 360, 0:06
596 kB, 620 × 500
>>19484
When you saw what? You mean these?
>>19473
>>19475
>>19479
I literally just made those. So you are saying, I am no longer distinguishable from Russian bydlo among Russians? XAXAXAXA,DA! XAXAXA!
>>
No. 19489 Kontra
32 kB, 200 × 200
>>19488
Time to put on that abibas suit and have a dance.
>>
No. 19490 Kontra
>>19488
Well, I didn't get any sense text captions, but sosach rarely makes any sense, so it was really undistinguishable.
>>
No. 19569
Can't find an english version of this
https://www.novacana.com/n/frases-graficos/tres-caracteristicas-industria-automobilistica-dissolvendo-280219

>the three main characteristics that defined mobility in the 20th century are disappearing: cars that need a driver, cars as individual private property, and cars that are moved by combustion engine
t. Stephan Rammler
He says that Germany needs to start worrying about its automotive industry, because it's shifting fast, and it's shifting towards China and USA because of those things listed above. I stumbled on some other dude some weeks ago also saying the same, but can't even remember where and who anymore. Anyway, it seems germans are worried about the future of their auto industry.
>>
No. 19570
84 kB, 250 × 198
https://nyti.ms/2EMBHRC

For just the second time since the global epidemic began, a patient appears to have been cured of infection with H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS.

The news comes nearly 12 years to the day after the first patient known to be cured, a feat that researchers have long tried, and failed, to duplicate. The surprise success now confirms that a cure for H.I.V. infection is possible, if difficult, researchers said.

The investigators are to publish their report on Tuesday in the journal Nature and to present some of the details at the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections in Seattle.

Publicly, the scientists are describing the case as a long-term remission. In interviews, most experts are calling it a cure, with the caveat that it is hard to know how to define the word when there are only two known instances.

Both milestones resulted from bone-marrow transplants given to infected patients. But the transplants were intended to treat cancer in the patients, not H.I.V.
>>
No. 19630
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmxEY6QoUY

10 min video showing some aspects of the water crisis in Cape Town.
>>
No. 19687
>>19570
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00798-3

Just add nature.com to your bookmarks.
>>
No. 19723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3lkM4t8AaA

This isn't even the first time, two years ago they sunk one of these chinese illegal fishing boats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_61JxvzkvI
>>
No. 19732
97 kB, 963 × 523
"Down with USA": Aline Abboud, journalist for the German state-run broadcaster ZDF, poses in front of anti-American slogans in Iran.

The photo was spread on the Instagram channel of the Kabul-born Islam lobbyist Moshtari. The photo was taken in front of the US embassy in Tehran. And provided with the text that she had just noticed how this photo was used by "white suprematists" for their anti-Muslim propaganda. That it could use the anti-American and anti-Semitic Muslim world obviously bothers them less.
sauce

https://searchlight-germany.blogspot.com/2019/03/down-with-usa-aline-abboud-journalist.html
>>
No. 19733
26 kB, 350 × 350
Finland's government has just resigned due to failed social and economic reforms https://www.sfgate.com/news/world/article/Finland-s-center-right-government-resigns-13672620.php
>>
No. 19741 Kontra
>>19732
>Anti-american
>Bad
>>
No. 19748 Kontra
>>19732
I never watch news because of reasons, but of this I approve for a change. People being pissed about someones political agenda or lack of neutrality are the new PC-shills in my book. That includes all those "muh white neighbourhood" alt-rights. Even though they try to be poltically incorrect all the time, they get a rage-boner as soon as someone publicly demonstrates any political agenda against their own. This is the legacy of all those SJWs and PC-persons: Now everybody from every spectrum feels entitled to make demands for everyone elses political agenda.
>>
No. 19763 Kontra
>>19748
It's not a legacy of SJWs. Before them we had the Christian fundies. It is more of a busybody personality type which tries to police how everyone else acts and thinks and then flies into a spastic rage when someone goes against the grain. Whatever they congregate towards seems to just be whatever can simulataneously offer them massive amounts of people and be mainstream while also allowing them to pretend some measure of victimhood without actually being the victims.
>>
No. 19917
>>
No. 19927
18 kB, 460 × 295
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/world/europe/uk-brexit-vote.html
So now wtf are they going to do? Is Bri'un just going to crash out of the EU?
>>
No. 19933
>>19927
I wonder what Nigel Farage is doing right now...
>>
No. 19939
>>19927
No. They still have 'bout two weeks. Or maybe they'll get an extension. The deadest deadline is May (not the PM but the month) coz EU elections are coming.
You see on a no-deal Brexit both parties lose (supposedly). Some say Britain will lose bigger but will the EU accept their loss? Right now the EU bureaucrats are coercing the Brits with the deadline: "accept the deal or else". They pretend they have nothing to worry about and the Brits make joke out of themselves with constantly throwing back the deal while they themselves are getting more nervous.
Frankly we cannot know what will happen after Brexit - deal or no-deal - "experts" say what they paid to say and we, average Joes don't have the proper information to draw conclusion we only know what the media fed us. And the media constantly says Britain future is grim. Then they pull out data and statistics, how the GBP falls and shit like that but everyone forgets if the media would broadcast with a big honest smile that Britain's future looks glorious then things would go up to Britain. Also media just inflates the drama because it's good for their business. Even if the Small Island will "crash" it will be so small drop Brits wouldn't really feel the difference but we will be assured by the media and chan-dwellers they are literally Somalia now.
The main obstacle - maybe the only obstacle - is the Irish backstop. It was the last time and now too. May was told to take that out and the Commons will accept it. On the other hand EU insist on the backstop, it doesn't want a deal without it. Frankly a without deal would still be more advantageous (supposedly) for both parties than no deal. The time is ticking but they still haven't reached the 24th. And still one side can say: "we accept the backstop" or "we give up the backstop". Euro-crats pretend the only one who can give in is the Brits, but this isn't true, and I think the Brits now that, this is why they throw the deal back again and again because they are playing the same game as the other side: bluffing until the last minute and hope the other side will blink first.
>>
No. 19940
>>19939
I thought there had been an agreement on Monday that the EU was gonna allow renegotiations for the backstop? But that was also in the media and now I am writing it on a chan, so we should not be sure.
Anyways I dearly hope for everybodies sanity in Brussels and Britain that this charade will end anyway soon now. If anybody believes either Britain or the EU can still come out of this looking anything but a miserable pile of shit, they are very wrong imho.
>>
No. 19941
>>19940
Well if the EU gives way than what the Brits are doing is working.
>Anyways I dearly hope for everybodies sanity in Brussels and Britain that this charade will end anyway soon now. If anybody believes either Britain or the EU can still come out of this looking anything but a miserable pile of shit, they are very wrong imho.
Not sure why are you saying this. They have a certain amount of time for negotiation, bargaining and they are doing just that. Everyone's just making a circus out of it.
>>
No. 19945
52 kB, 870 × 686
>>19941
It's because basically the entirety of UKIP made a circus out of Brexit and once it was made apparent what a complete disaster it was going to be they all bailed and left a reluctant May to handle it, who thus far hasn't shown herself to be terribly competent. It is clear to any onlooker that everybody in UKIP realized long ago that Brexit was a monumental mistake and wanted a fall guy. The handling of negotiations thus far has come across as being completely incompetent and full of mixed signals at best.
>>
No. 19948
>>19945
You know all the memes about this I see.
>>
No. 19954
12,0 MB, 640 × 360, 2:20
>Daesh women feeling sorry for themselves for being in camp for a few weeks. Syrians, Iraqi, Ezidi live in camps like this for 5 years now because these women & their org destroyed their world, homes & all they loved. But these freaks have no remorse care only about themselves

https://twitter.com/AzadiRojava/status/1104746565183459329
>>
No. 19972
>>19948
I'm pretty sure that's how everyone, foreigners as well as many Brits themselves, view the situation at this point.

>>19954
Thank god we kicked this fucker out https://townhall.com/columnists/johnandandyschlafly/2019/03/06/isis-bride-is-not-an-american-citizen-n2542656
I can't believe that bitch had the audacity to try to come back here. Although, not to sound like that sort of a retard, but it's hard not to read this without going lol women as she hoed her way across three men and issues the usual "oh but I really loved america the best!" after telling people to run us over, blow us up, shoot us etc. To which I say, Allah willing, you will be handed over to the Turks or worse and suffer nine thousand hells inshallah etc. Like what the actual fuck is wrong with these people?
https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1104104541740507138

Over the years one of the things I have become most certain of is that women should never be allowed anywhere near immigration policy or issues of national security, particularly not the military. Like this https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/shamima-begum-isis-bride_uk_5c6d6121e4b0e2f4d8a1627a
Tough titties stay the fuck out of my country. Thank God the Brits also have a shred of common sense left.
>>
No. 19973
watafuk man, they don't even have water and power anymore.
power:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwQg8usPxFc
water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY740f_Srp8
>>
No. 19974
>>19973
What the hell I've been told for months now that the whole country is starving to death and theres no food anywhere but that sure as fuck doesn't look like there isn't any food to me. Franky I don't trust a damn thing being said in English corporate news outlets about Venezuela at this point. What's your take on things Brazil? I've heard there's supposed to be tons of venezeualan refugees in Br already.
>>
No. 19976
>>19972
That's probably because your main source of information is other's opinion of it - be it a news outlet or imageboards - and not the events themselves. And those opinions tend to grab people's attention which are the most emotionally inflated. This results in a distorted picture of reality.
>>
No. 19978
>>19976
Fair enough. I simply have not seen any evidence of the UK actually managing a coherent strategy in all this mess or even behaving like they actually know what they even want. It's even funnier because May herself wasn't a real believer in it and supposedly is only doing this out of a bizarre sense of integrity and fidelity to the voters for once. Frankly what's really annoying is just to see them throwing a fit and backing out after pretty much ramming the EU down Ireland's throat, and then the Irish ending up okay with it but now theres all the shenanigans over the NI border.

Tbqh I think the other part of the problem is because Brexit itself was incredibly poorly thought without anything like an actual solid plan. I think a good amount of it was purely due to migrant fears and ethnic paranoia regardless of the fact Brexit will do fuckall about immigrants except kicking some Poles out because the Pakistanis etc are there because of Commonwealth reasons. I don't think Brexit was actually being thought through by anybody and that the primary beneficiaries are mostly going to be US and Russia because frankly what the US wants is EU on a leash not an independent minded one that Macron seems intent on building. The only other thing is because of Germany in particular granting everyone citizenship I guess breaking from EU will prevent them from migrating there but I really don't get the impression most Brexit voters even thought that far ahead.
>>
No. 19995
>>19974
We get the same kind of news here. And there aren't many venezuelans coming this way because our borders are depopulated. They are a problem though because the State that's receiving them at the border has very low pop, so even 70000 venezuelans is too much for them.

As for the hunger, I'm confused as well. I don't understand how come in some vids we see kids starving and in others they show people trying to get cellphone signal like that's the biggest problem that they faced so far.
>>
No. 20005
2,0 MB, 17 pages
>>19995
The US is trying to overthrow the government of Venezuela so probably a fair portion is lies and propaganda we're being fed. Any situation where there's a US backed campaign of assassination and government overthrow the reporting is going to be about as accurate as listening to .ru tell us about Ukrainian Nazi provocations. I mean, it's a Socialist South American petrostate. You all saw what happened to Iraq.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/venezuela-turns-the-lights-back-on-as-power-is-restored-but-access-to-uncontaminated-water-is-critical.amp
Apologies for using Fox, but like here how is it that all of a sudden the power supposedly went from a countrywide blackout to 100% restored? If the power was knocked out at all you should review CIA sabotage manuals. It's not in this one but I also remember instructions for taking out power and utilities, so theres that.

US has pulled out the last diplomats and evil morons like Newt Gingrich continue bellowing loudly for military intervention all or whom are pidorans https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/world/article227705654.html
>>
No. 20033
>>19974
On Radio War Nerd they talked to an Argentine journalist who has spent a lot of time covering left-leaning governments across Latin America since Chavez was elected. The show and almost all of its guests, including this journalist, are left leaning, and hate American interventionists with a passion.

With that out of the way, the Argentine journalist basically confirms the narrative that I've formed from sifting for the truth through mainstream media. Chavez started out with popular backing and good intentions, and actually did a lot of good. But Chavistas thought that high oil prices would last forever, and their entire program was founded upon that. As soon as oil prices tanked, their government became insolvent, and as they printed money the entire economy went to shit.

Venezuela has a poorly developed agriculture sector, so they can't grow enough food to feed themselves, and it's far from a self-sustaining economy in every other area. With the bolivar being completely worthless, and with the government insisting on a ridiculous official exchange rate that makes normal commerce with the world impossible, imports drop rapidly, which leads to mass suffering because people can't get what they need. If you want proof, look at the millions of Venezuelans who left; you don't up and leave like that unless there is actual suffering at home.

Maduro is actually unpopular, and he is essentially part of an authoritarian regime at this point. By the laws of Venezuela Guaido has about as much legitimacy as him. Maduro has grossly interfered with the democratic processes of his country in order to remain in power.

Of course, the opposition to the Chavistas are the typical kind of Latin American aristocrats and middle class who have open contempt for the poor, and murderous hostility towards any peasant who gets out of line, so they've been acting like complete shitters throughout this process. I can understand why there are still a lot of hardcore Chavistas who support the government no matter what. Once you take power from a demonic overclass like that, you'd rather die than submit to them again.

And also of course, we still have no business getting involved. The Bolivarian government might be responsible for everything going to shit, but you can always make things worse, and invading Venezuela or triggering a civil war would do just that.
>>
No. 20035
338 kB, 1805 × 523
519 kB, 433 × 546
494 kB, 440 × 581
A group of New Zealanders and an Aussie, so far they speak about 4 men and one woman,
open fire at a crowd of muslims at a local mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Body count so far: 48 muslim invaders dead and 48 injured.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213039
>>
No. 20036 Kontra
>>20035
>Body count so far: 48 muslim invaders dead and 48 injured.
>invaders

I know that the news thread is traditionally the trash pile of EC, but you don't need to push it.
>>
No. 20037
346 kB, 1242 × 2208
>>20035

The Australian shooter has been identified as Brenton Tarrant, 28. He said he was inspired
by Anders Breivik and has written a manifesto, saying the victims were a "large group of invaders"
who he says "seek to occupy my peoples lands and ethnically replace my own people".

The manifesto, posted online, features a series of questions and answers, and opens with one asking:
"Who are you?"

The answer says: "Just a ordinary White man, 28 years old. Born in Australia to a working class, low income family.

"My parents are of Scottish, Irish and English stock. I had a regular childhood, without any great issues. I had
little interest in education during my schooling, barely achieving a passing grade."

He adds: "I am just a regular White man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people."
He describes himself as "a private and mostly introverted person" and admits he is racist, adding that he is an "Eco-fascist by nature".

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/i-decided-to-take-a-stand-suspected-mosque-shooter-brenton-tarrant-says-attack-inspired-by-anders-breivik-37916365.html
>>
No. 20038
99 kB, 800 × 600
>>20035
Too little, too late. Now they can blame us for terrorism, too.
Breivik had the same effect. I'm ok with spreading hatred against muslims, but not ok with terrorism.
>>
No. 20039 Kontra
55 kB, 850 × 400
>>20036

>muh harmless muslims & religion of peace meme
>>
No. 20041 Kontra
>>20037
>"I'm Joe Average" rhetoric, just like you, dear reader
>Islam has fertility rates

Just another event in the spiraling hate between agents of concepts. Yesterday I read a play by Kleist that would very well fit into this context.
>>
No. 20042
>>20035
>>20039
Fuck off to kohl, untermensch.
>>
No. 20043 Kontra
>>20042
>s the other German mentioned, the news thread is the trash pile of EC I rarely look into it But maybe you are right, >>20039 is pol shit par excellence.

>Oh no, look how Erdogan plays the geopolitical game over political imaginaries and images, how awful, thank dog we don't do it.
>>
No. 20044 Kontra
>>
No. 20045 Kontra
>>20043
Make it known that it isn't welcome here and then ignore it. This kind of cancer feeds on continued reactions.
>>
No. 20046 Kontra
>>20035
It was honestly only a matter of time before something like this happened.
In case you need a reminder of full/pol/ in 2019: https://archive.fo/EaMmf
>>
No. 20049
>>20046
I dont get what you are trying to say? /pol/ is surely not to blame for this. some idiot has gone ape-shit now and some other idiot drives a truck into crowded places. do you have to blame /pol/ or the islam?

my main concern is, that imageboards are pushed into the center of attention and I dont like this.
>>
No. 20051
>>20049
Look in the archived thread when OP actually does something besides internet LARP. I dislike muslims and do not want them in Canada, but you have to literally be mentally ill to commit such an act and to endorse it as much as the anons do in the thread. A distant happening is very different from a poster communicating with anons about his actions.
>>
No. 20052
>>20051
>>20049
>some idiot has gone ape-shit now and some other idiot drives a truck into crowded places. do you have to blame /pol/ or the islam?
Yes to both.
>>
No. 20061
41 kB, 368 × 604
>>20038
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE ON THIS BOARD IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE.
>>
No. 20069
>>20049
Yeah, they absolutely were. It's just yet another in a string of poltard right wing terrorism, and the biggest one yet. He was literally a poltard terrorist and in a surprise to fucking no one
https://www.thedailybeast.com/christchurch-shootings-mosque-attack-video-linked-to-white-genocide-rant
> In the 8chan post, he wrote that it’s time to stop “shitposting” on the board and make a “real life effort post.” In the manifesto, the writer said he got all of his beliefs from the internet, because “you will not find the truth anywhere else.”

>The manifesto is riddled with references to 4Chan memes, and urges people who agree with the shooting to make more memes. At one point, the writer describes himself as a “kebab removalist,” a reference to a 4Chan meme about Serbian attacks on Bosnian Muslims. (Video the alleged shooter posted from a car includes a song in the background “known as a marching anthem for Serbian nationalist paramilitary units,” the BBC reported, and praises former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic, who was convicted of genocide and war crimes.)

>“Create memes, post memes, and spread memes,” the author wrote. “Memes have done more for the ethno-nationalist movement than any manifesto.”
>>
No. 20070
>>20052
Also this. I directly blame both. Every single damn time there's a terrorist attack it's always either a poltard or an Islamist and both are cancerous right wing reactionary ideologies. If you don't blame the ideology as well you're simply being dishonest.
>>
No. 20073
13 kB, 474 × 316
>>
No. 20074
39 kB, 500 × 376
>>20073
>tfw I wish oligarchs get fucked in the West
>>
No. 20075
>>20073
>[Oligarchic screeching]
I love it
>>
No. 20076
>>20073
Recently was a lot new sanctions from EU, US and Canada. A lot people i russia support it, because under sanctions fall really disgusting person who are hated.
>>
No. 20085
>>20069
To me someone who does this and thinks like this can't be mentally sane, he was probably an autist or something of the sorts, and I thank God that I'm not one. I mean, I was cringey and naive as hell when I was younger, but nothing this stupid.
>>
No. 20086
>>20073
I hope US wins. Deripaska is a filthy oligarch.
>>
No. 20087
>>20085
He's a 28 year old too. It amazes me how thoroughly stupid these sorts of people are.
>>
No. 20089
99 kB, 760 × 507
Hey everybody look! Israel is doing cool things
https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/30-million-page-library-heading-moon-help-preserve-human-civilization-ncna977786
It'd be ironic if this thing actually lasted that long and outlived all current life on earth to be discovered 500 million years later. We all need to close this space library gap Israel has opened up. Who will be the first to begin uploading genetic libraries for all life on earth to the moon?
>>
No. 20091
Whether or not you like muslims, this retarded Aussie hasn't done anything good.
It gives government legitimacy to introduce bullshit weapon laws and toughen the control overall, especially over the Internet.
Those extremist retards seem to never really think about the consequences of their actions
>>
No. 20097
>>20091
The one good thing is at least exposing completely this bunch of retards. I'm sure theyve been busy at work both congratulating and glorifying the attack in their own shitholes while shilling the shit out of the internet but fact remains, it was a right wing terrorist. It has ironically exposed that we have as much of a real serious right wing terrorism problem as we do an Islamic one, and that these people should be treated the same way the FBI treats ISIS recruits.

Also
>Those extremist retards
> seem to never really think about the consequences of their actions
No shit. It kind of goes with being an extremist nutjob to begin with, and this particular bunch is legendary for how stupid they all are on top of being evil and misinformed.
>>
No. 20103 Kontra
>>20091
>Those extremist retards seem to never really think about the consequences of their actions
On the contrary, the manifesto that he put out clearly states that the point of the attacks were to >introduce bullshit weapon laws and toughen the control overall, especially over the Internet. The main idea was to provoke the mainstream/muslims/"left-wing", who would then provoke the "right-wing", who then provoke the mainstream/muslims/"left-wing", etc. The idea is that eventually people will be forced to pick a side and the race war/civil war/dotr/final happening will commence. Think Charles Manson and Helter Skelter. The main difference is that Helter Skelter has more to do with Manson using "race war" as an excuse to carry out violent crimes and schizo-logic, while the aussie's ideological goals informed his actions. It is basically the —misused— /pol/ version of Acceralationism. The only way something like this could actually happen is if the material conditions of the general populace drops rapidly enough. If there truly ends up being an economic crash severe enough in the 2020s to cause such a drop in living standards, then this type of terrorism might have an effect.

We are very much living in a Clown world, and this incident is just a snowflake falling on the titanic sized iceberg. Amish Life seems to be particularly desirable to me. Apologizes for linking to a a Joe Rogan video but I liked this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscDPIf0GJI
I have read "Ends and Means" by Aldous Huxley recently. Maybe I should make a post it in the literature thread.

Anyway, I do not like talking of such things on ernstchan. There is too much kohlposting here for my taste. I guess it can't be helped when you discuss news & politics.
>>
No. 20104
>>20097
yes but this might also affect ernstchan. they will not try to take down pol, they will even more bann chans, "free speech" and anything else from the internetz.

the internetz in russia will the only be the only "free" place left, maybe all chans will go there. who knows
>>
No. 20106 Kontra
>>20104
>the internetz in russia will the only be the only "free" place left

From the news just a few days ago:
>Moscow is seen to be moving toward a model similar to the “great firewall” of China, where certain keywords are blocked and users can't connect to blacklisted sites including Facebook.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/11/russia-planning-test-disconnect-internet-world-wide-web/
>>
No. 20109
>>19569
More on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZdzFCmIgs

DW made a doc trying to bash on Musk and his company, probably in partnership with german auto industry. The doc is so bad that I didn't bother watching to the end. But it shows that germans are worried.
>>
No. 20115
>>20091
I have to agree he did not behave rational.
>>
No. 20124
>>20103
Honestly it sounds like he was trying to take more a page from Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden was basically hoping to provoke the West into declaring a war against Islam, which would then (he hoped) convince the Islamic world to fight the West. Which is funny because it means that this retarded Australian was trying to use Bin Laden tier tactics for his own but it would actually just be fulfilling Al Qaeda's plan.

Lastly accelerationism itself is an incredibly stupid and frequently debunked ploy. The left had also assumed this politically in that by having people like Reagan or Bush in office people would get fed up and go to the left. It reminds me of someone thinking some dumb shit like saying the Nazis being defeated would be "accelerstionist" and therefore the Nazis would win. Instead all that happened was Nazism and even eugenics simply for being connected to it was thoroughly discredited for the next like 70-80 years, and is still largely discredited by everyone except a few poltards because no one in their family served in the military either. Instead what we got was Democratic Capitalism and Communism to spend the next century defining history and the world.

But again, extremists tend to be very stupid and short sighted people. This retarded Australian somehow seemed to think he could provoke civil war in the US by shooting innocent people in New Zealand. It will have little effect on US policy and besides which he drank too much kool aide to realize that the US probably could easily enact a gun ban and nothing would happen. This is because the local police would be asking people to turn in all their guns except shotguns and the people who most like to thunder about that they'd fight da gubmint are the exact types of people to kiss the asses of cops to begin with. These are the exact same retards who have been screeching hysterically for decades against anyone who bitches about our civil liberties being eroded. In short, even if a gun ban did happen they aren't going to do jack shit about it.

This Australian was a delusional retard.

>>20104
•we're too small to be known about and it's only happened to vierkanal and cripplechan besides
•Russian internet is not free and my understanding is sosach got turned into some Russian governemnt asset
•a total shutdown on US internet freedom would come from the Republicans which theyve been pretty consistent about pursuing, with the Democrats pretty consistently fighting for free speech and an open internet.

DO NOTE: that terrorism and child pornography are not covered under free and open internet by either party. You don't see anyone giving a shit about ISIS Twitter accounts getting shut down, or Al Qaeda recruitment sites getting closed. The same thing is likely to happen here where both parties will simply file this away alongside ISIS Jihadists and nobody else will give a shit about them.

>>20107
And lastly this. I have no idea what rock you've been hiding under but it's already been discussed how it's often joked about with Russians calling everything "extremist" to censor the internet there and it has lately been in the news how they want to completely wall themselves off from Western internet. This is a completely independent issue from a bunch of faggots running around saying to commit terrorist acts for pepe or whatever dumb shit.
>>
No. 20128
>>20125
nothing will happen, particularly not under potus trump. /pol/ is the best thing that happened to those in power since the invention of newspapers, television and facebook/twatter. why? for starters, /pol/ destroyed the original chan culture, which was basically about freedom, fun and randomness, if that makes any sense. 10 years later chans are almost completely dominated by missionaries and influencers who force agandas and their incredibly dumb, submissive, fanatic followers. that is, today chans are dominated by exactly the kind of people us oldfags used to despise, troll and ridicule. chans are just like the real world now and "they" (whoever "they" are in different countries) who control the real world also control chans now, in fact now they use chans to control the real world and vice versa. what's more, i highly doubt that those who have the power to crack down on 4chan and 8chan are really sad, "deeply concerned" or whatever they say into a microphone about what just happened in nz.
>>
No. 20129
670 kB, 112 pages
>>20128
pol shit on chans could just be a dynamic that spread itself without any control from above, just saying. maybe a chan as medium is predestined for pol shits

check the content of this book, might be an interesting read
>>
No. 20130
>>20103
>The main idea was to provoke the mainstream/muslims/"left-wing", who would then provoke the "right-wing", who then provoke the mainstream/muslims/"left-wing", etc. The idea is that eventually people will be forced to pick a side and the race war/civil war/dotr/final happening will commence.
I had to
https://vimeo.com/194900488
>>
No. 20132
>>20129
Why in the fucking hell should I read this? I've spent the past decade around ground zero of all this dumb shit. I think that if anything the sorts of people to write a book on these sorts of things are way too quick to forgive or to try and find a rational explanation. It was like when for some strange reason the State Dept. was having so much trouble dealing with ISIS because they were lifelong bureaucrats and thus couldn't seem to fathom that ISIS were not rational actors but instead were apocalyptic death cultists. Likewise when something happened like say old Anon trolling the cult, because said cult was so used to strict hierarchy and no fun allowed they simply couldn't comprehend that it was just a bunch of retards from the internet without leader hierarchies fucking with them because it was funny.

In this case I've spent a horribly long time listening to them and one of the most grating things is hearing their stupid shit about oh you just haven't heard our side. I am thoroughly familiar with it. Most of these people are simply a bunch of weak minded losers from society who've become completely detached from reality in, I guess pretty much the exact same way a cult does actually. See the thing is they are also completely and utterly misinformed, spamming lies and bullshit everywhere and it just looks weird to everyone else. I think a significant part of them are simply psychopaths, which frankly has always been the case on imageboards to begin with but at this point the whole trash bin acts like the very concept of empathy is foreign to them.

It is not from a lack of familiarity that I dislike them. I hate them specifically because I know them so well. I know all the talking points and how this shit all came to pass, which is why I know how thoroughly wrong and stupid they are on almost every single point.

What those idiots should've done is watched someone like Bill Maher, who I generally agree with about various things like Islam and PC culture. Beyond that though the issue is these are exactly the kinds of stupid cocksuckers who only make shit like the worst elements of PC culture or Islamist reactionaries so much worse.

And at the end of the day, what the fuck do you expect me to say about a bunch of people who cheer on the murder of women and children? I think they are all the worst sort of filth who should all be thrown away in jail. I have no interest in their justifications for the same reason I really don't give two shits what Jeffrey Dahmer or Gacy or Bundy had to say about their behavior. They have set themselves as the enemies of all mankind. I don't give a flying fuck how they rationalize their atrocities. I also know full well their pathological lying and manipulative behavior, on top of being generally too stupid to pull it off. I've heard them for ten years. They have nothing interesting to say or worth listening to and whereas I used to think the right wing nationalist had a point, this has ultimately just turned me completely towards despising all of them. I despise them for similar reasons as despising pedophiles. I think that some people like say humanists have got it all wrong, as if we only hate what is different or new or cannot be understood, as if the problem is lack of familiarity when the opposite is the case. You would think to hear someone like a pedophile or a psychopath talk that maybe you could understand, and maybe you could hate them less, but only the former is true.

I do understand them. And with that understanding I hate them and want to find every way to destroy them. They are the same petty people as any school shooter or serial killer. They deserve nothing. They deserve nothing like that ISIS bitch who had the audacity to marry a string of ISIS fighters while threatening to kill us all on Twitter, and then tried claiming citizenship here. I hope she fucking rots in a Syrian prison camp for the rest of her life and I feel exactly the same way about this right wing mass shooter and all the people like him and supporting him, and if he ever tried coming to our country I think he should be sent to a CIA black site.
>>
No. 20136
>>20124
>Lastly accelerationism itself is an incredibly stupid and frequently debunked ploy. The left had also assumed this politically in that by having people like Reagan or Bush in office people would get fed up and go to the left. It reminds me of someone thinking some dumb shit like saying the Nazis being defeated would be "accelerstionist" and therefore the Nazis would win. Instead all that happened was Nazism and even eugenics simply for being connected to it was thoroughly discredited for the next like 70-80 years, and is still largely discredited by everyone except a few poltards because no one in their family served in the military either. Instead what we got was Democratic Capitalism and Communism to spend the next century defining history and the world.

Don't forget Lenin, who thought that Russian people starving was a great thing because it would lead to revolution. I find it interesting that such stupid ideas can be repeatedly found on both sides of political spectrum throughout modern history.
>>
No. 20137
>>20136
It's the result of angry and highly motivated people seeing at some level that there is nothing they can do. If they can't accept that, they come up with increasingly ridiculous pathways to victory.
>>
No. 20138
>>20130
That was actually pretty funny. Is south park still on? I haven't seen it in years. Maybe I should.
>>
No. 20155
>>20138
It's still going, however, that season (Season 20) had to do major script re-writing, because they expected the other candidate to win the 2016 election and the plot leadup shows it. Many consider it a weak season, but I liked it.
>>
No. 20160
>>20138
It's for long time feels meh, but recently it is belove averege. Like deep belove. I dunno, maybe it's still worth for americans because it's focusing on USA events and news, but I'am not even care about it for quite long time.
>>
No. 20184
Looks like Pidoristan just got some shitty new laws from Putin
https://www.newsweek.com/russian-president-vladimir-putin-signs-bill-banning-fake-news-1367010

>Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday signed into law bills that would criminalize publishing “fake news” or spreading “blatant disrespect” for the state or its officials.

>Under the new law, prosecutors can complain about online publications that are releasing “unreliable socially significant information” to state watchdogs, according to reports. Those found guilty could be fined up to 1.5 million rubles, the equivalent of $23,000.

>If the website fails to remove the material in a timely manner, the state then has powers to block the offending pages from their citizens.

>“The Prosecutor’s office may now block such fake news sources prior to the judicial decision,” Maria Snegovaya, an adjunct fellow at the Center for European Policy Analysis, told the Washington Post. “It gives the Prosecutor’s office an extremely high authority and almost completely eliminates the Russian (albeit completely non-free) courts from the game.”

>Online commenters could also face up to 15 days in prison or fines for materials published that amounts to a “clear disrespect for society, the state, the official state symbols of the Russian Federation, the Constitution of the Russian Federation and bodies exercising state power.”

>Although critics and free speech activists have warned that the law could repress political speech critical of the government and open the floodgates for state censorship, advocates claim it is a necessary step to minimize misinformation.

>The move comes after thousands of demonstrators gathered in Moscow earlier this month to protest the government’s plans to better control the internet by establishing domestic servers for web traffic.

>Matthew Rojansky, director of the Wilson Center’s Kennan Institute, told the Post that Russia “has not historically had major constraints on Internet freedom.”

>“The Internet has thus been one realm in which full diversity of opinion and free expression, even on the most sensitive political topics, were generally permitted,” he explained. “The prosecutor general now has essentially unconstrained authority to determine that any speech is unacceptable under the new law.”

>Throughout his presidency, President Donald Trump has repeatedly attacked the mainstream press, calling outlets “fake news” for reporting too many stories critical of him and committing what he believes to be biased reporting. These include CNN, The New York Times and the Washington Post.

It also looks amazingly like our government covered up too
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/17/mikhail-lesin-ex-putin-adviser-found-dead-dc-hotel/
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mikhail-lesin-former-putin-adviser-had-strangulation-injury-tvthwb9zw
>A wealthy former adviser to President Putin of Russia whose body was found in a Washington hotel room had sustained a neck injury normally associated with hangings and strangulations, it has emerged.

>Mikhail Lesin, 57, received a fracture to his hyoid bone “at or near the time” of his death in November 2015, according to a 149-page medical report obtained by Radio Free Europe (RFE).

>Police and the US Attorney’s Office for Washington concluded in 2016 that Mr Lesin’s death was accidental and followed blunt-force injuries to the head, neck, torso and upper and lower extremities “which were induced by falls."
Dude I've actually been hammered in a hotel in Washington D.C. I don't believe this story at all.
>The official ruling was that Lesin, 57, died accidentally of blunt force trauma after falling repeatedly in his room while intoxicated.
>>
No. 20188
116 kB, 528 × 312
>>20184
>falling repeatedly in his room while intoxicated
>falling repeatedly
LOL
>>
No. 20193
21 kB, 640 × 408
>>
No. 20195
>>20193
What happen?
>>
No. 20196
>>20195
He got tired, he goes away.
>>
No. 20197
>>20196
Nobody had to die at least.
Sounds pretty pleasant to me.
>>
No. 20198
>>20193
Not really 'over', just going under the radar a bit. He holds significant political influence that's legislated for life rather than for presidency. I suspect that he'll maintain a lot of unofficial power too. My personal suspicion is that he doesn't feel secure with the economic conditions protests and the pro-Oralman/anti-China movements kicking off at the same time, not to mention the free media and more open government/justice system and I bet that the anti-land reformists are still sitting in the wings too rather than totally vanishing from 2016(?). Any single one, he could deal with as he has demonstrated, but it's all starting to pile up and I think he'd prefer it to offically be someone else's fault when it goes tits up.
>>
No. 20200
>>20193
Oh my good
I thought he will be forever

He can be elected as prime minister and then there will be law that prime minister is main guy in country thought.
>>
No. 20201
>>20200
>Сам Назарбаев после отставки, которая вступает в силу с 20 марта, возглавит Совет безопасности Казахстана. Эту должность он сможет занимать пожизненно.
Well yes, I was kind of right.
>>
No. 20202
Considering he has to run like two dozen of his shady businesses, I think presidency was eating into his time.

t. Surprised by how little I care
>>
No. 20203
>>20200
Nah, there were some hints not too long ago that he was looking for a way out. He was probing to see what the law says about giving up presidential power which is something of a signal.

>>20202
Why are you surprised? It's not as though anything will change. Have you noticed and significant changes to the way Kazakhstan functions since he did the whole 'sack the entire government' routine? The real question is rather why would him stepping down from what is effectively a ceremonial position for him at this point surprise you? Not why would it.
>>
No. 20207
>>20203
Kazakhstan's political system confuses me.

Private entities emerge that become vital for the functioning of the country, get racketeered by government, and keep running the country. There's a blurry line between private and public entities. Most communication / media is "private", but owned by NaN. Internet, mobile, etc. Busses are "private" but also owned by NaN. Same with banking. Infrastructure services, same thing.

So they are technically private, but all owned by the autocrat, and fulfill public services. How do you call that? I'm not sure what the "government" does these days that governments traditionally do? All I can think of is tax collection and secret services.
>>
No. 20208
>>20207
We'd just call it a rort. Brickistan is textbook corruption. A state that functions enough to be recognised and tax paid but doesn't function enough to be trusted or actually be held accountable for anything.
>>
No. 20210
>>20207
Enconomy based on corporations that owned by goverment or near-goverment oligarhs is typical situation in former SU.
>>
No. 20212
2,4 MB, 1468 × 7317
>>20069
>>20091
>>20097
>>20103
>>20115
>>20124
Political discussion on events as major as this is inevitable. Perhaps this deserves its own thread, but maybe not.

In the aftermath of the Christchurch Mosque massacre, it's inevitable the topic of accelerationism would come up. It's also inevitable people will split hairs endlessly over the proper definition of the term especially now that Marxists accuse right-wingers of appropriating the formers' idea for their latters' purposes, but for the sake of argument, we'll define the concept as deliberately worsening material conditions to inspire sociopolitical change. Leftists typically mean deliberately pushing capitalism towards even more oppressive conditions to inspire class revolts whereas right-wingers or neoreactionaries a la Nick Land usually mean pushing society towards technological singularity. For White Nationalists, Fascists and National Socialists, the term has now come to mean worsening race relations to push White Westerners towards a collective racial conscious and then a global race war.

The single most identifiable proponent of this brand of accelerationism would be James Nolan Mason who manifested this idea in his newsletter "Siege", who in turn was inspired (as others have mentioned) by Charles Manson. James declared Charles Manson the second greatest man of the twentieth century next to Adolf Hitler. For dedicated readers of "Siege", James Mason pragmatically assessed that working within the American political system would be untenable for their eventual goals. To him, American society from its political system down to popular culture effectively orchestrates a collective chronic suicide of White American political power by keeping Whites complacent and unaware through consumer culture. Consequently, James Mason found violence to be the only viable solution to the apparent problem of White displacement. He spoke with revolutionary Communists and Black Power advocates, trying to learn strategy, but also finding their hatred of American society more congenial to his perspective than the complacency of American right-wingers content with mere patriotism.

Personally, I fail to see how any person with decent prospects, talent or promise would choose extreme acts of unprovoked violence on complete strangers as means to better political ends. At the absolute most, the tragedy would be subject to a media circus for an indefinite period of time, and politicians would exploit the events as justification to pass gun control legislation or other such measures. Public acts of virtue signaling like candlelight vigils would happen across the globe, and then, the event would be forgotten. Within a couple generations (perhaps less), business would continue as usual. The events certainly could be cited to clamp down even harder on free speech, so I can only see this as a losing battle.

The problem with accelerationism is that is presumes uninformed lemmings would suddenly arrive at the same conclusions given the right conditions. Ironically, the lemming principle (coined by Dr. William Pierce who shared many of James Mason's ideas, including violence) explains why these tactics do not work. The perception of systemic problems can be shaped heavily by media, and those who are in power are going to have a better chance of coordinating their media to shape uninformed people's perceptions, and in doing so, convince them to work in ways to reinforce their positions of power. Even the worst of the economic recession wasn't a tenth as terrible as America during The Great Depression or the Weimar Republic. As long as people have "just enough" to keep them satisfied, no revolution will ever happen.
>>
No. 20215
>>20212
Not interested in the discussion around NZ happenings but about your knowledge on accelerationism, it's not wrong but the left wing has different ideas on it besides evoking class revolts by pushing capitalism to its limits.
Another understanding of the term involves using technology in a different frame than in the capitalist one and thinking the present from the future in various fields of society, so it's not about blind speed and destruction but about vectors into or index from the future that is thought over, instead of trusting on a libidinal principle that is behind everything going its way and just needs to be pushed harder in order to bring it to an end or goal point Lands understanding afaik
>>
No. 20216
>>20215
I'll admit I don't read Marx or any Marxist scholars directly (my fault), so my knowledge on Marxist discourse has some serious blindspots as a consequence of acquiring it secondhand.

On another note, what really bugs me is this utterly stupid notion of "fully automated luxury communism". You know you're not talking to anyone worth their salt if they believe such a thing is possible in the near future, yet too many journalists and academics are absolutely in love with this delusion:
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/mar/18/fully-automated-luxury-communism-robots-employment

Thankfully, this gentleman has a few sobering posts as to why such things will never be possible with current technology:
https://scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2019/02/26/cybersyn-and-allendes-semi-automated-luxury-socialism/
https://scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2019/02/09/ai-is-not-eliminating-jobs/
>>
No. 20219
>>20216
It does not have so much to do with Marx and his historic materialism, if at all.

The luxury communism thing is such an index or vector. And it's not so much about being realistic but demanding things outside the realm of capitalism to inject future again into minds, prisoned by a capitalistic "there is no alternative to our course"
As I said: use technology to abandon or get out of capitalistic logic and its zugzwang.
>>
No. 20220
>>20212
>The single most identifiable proponent of this brand of accelerationism would be James Nolan Mason who manifested this idea in his newsletter "Siege", who in turn was inspired (as others have mentioned) by Charles Manson. James declared Charles Manson the second greatest man of the twentieth century next to Adolf Hitler.
This is apparently what poltards actually believe. I'm speechless. So far as I'm concerned these untersicht have become an even worse enemy than the system itself. It's also ironic that a poltard would call anyone a lemming.

>>20193
So why is this happening? I'm confused why ye stepped down. Is he trying to do what Putin did with Medvedev?
>>
No. 20222
>>20208
And yet surprisingly they're being courted massively by US interests lately due to their natural resources. Well, maybe not surprisingly. We do business with some of the worst shitty dictatorships on the planet or countries with just enough authority to not totally collapse.
>>
No. 20223
>>20220
>This is apparently what poltards actually believe. I'm speechless. So far as I'm concerned these untersicht have become an even worse enemy than the system itself. It's also ironic that a poltard would call anyone a lemming.

The vast majority of humanity, no matter what their political persuasion may be, are lemmings, so there isn't one side that has a monopoly on freethinkers than the rest. Most people wouldn't know HOW to be individuals if they were the last ones on earth, so I certainly have no confidence in the greater men who supposedly inspire them. It's undeniable certain ideologies have more intellectuals than others, but ideological prisms only allow for the freedom of thought within the confines of its assumptions. Even plenty of so-called Anarchists can easily be intimidated into groupthink with the right methods:
https://quillette.com/2018/12/11/sad-radicals/
>>
No. 20224 Kontra
>>20223
It's not like anyone of us evades certain discourse that have a shaping impact. You can meta reflect that and that is the step aside many people don't do. But then again you could meta reflect your meta reflections.
>>
No. 20229
>>20223
There's a difference between that and sincerely calling Charlie Manson of all people a hero and the greatest genius since Hitler or whatever. That is quite possibly the most brain damaged thing I've ever heard in the last ten years. I should not even have to say anything it. It should be self evident.
>>
No. 20236
>>20229
The guy you're replying doesn't appear to have endorsed such a view of Manson--rather it seems he was only describing the views of this James Mason character.
>>
No. 20264
63 kB, 500 × 422
Ha ha, Kazahstan's capital Astana will be renamed into "Nazarbaev"

https://meduza.io/news/2019/03/20/parlament-kazahstana-odobril-pereimenovanie-astany-v-nursultan
>>
No. 20265
>>20264
Or, crap, not in Nazarvaev, in "Nursultan"
But whatever, you get point
>>
No. 20266
6 kB, 261 × 138
>>20264
>>20265
Honestly, it's not like the city's name is holy and untouchable.
Just look at this shit.
>>
No. 20268
>>20266
They all make sense.

Astana started as a fort, and got turned into a town, hence the shifted name in the first few years. Same story as Almaty. The 50s-60s was when Russians had peak influence in the Kazakh SSR because they managed to ship in enough of them to make the Bricks a minority in their own homeland. The name itself is an overt reference to the (failed) 'Virgin Lands' project that fueled it. 1992 is just after independence which was in December 1991, and was probably actually Aqmola (which is what the original fort name is probably based on) since it's a Kazakh name and 'Akmola' doesn't fit normal spelling. Astana literally just means 'capital' and it got the name shortly after becoming capital of Kazakhstan.

You're right that changing it isn't really that much of a big deal since it's just a colonial-era fort, not an actual (sort of) native city like Shymkent, but the name changes are mostly tied to something and not just pulled out of a hat.
>>
No. 20269
>>20268
I didn't say that they randomly changed the name. Of course there were reasons for it, but if it already changed so much, does it matter whether it's called Astana or Nursultan?
In ~40 years someone might change it again to whatever. It might not even take that long.
>>
No. 20276
>>20266
Tbh want St. Pitersburg become Petrograd again, since current name - Sankt Pitersburg is just very crappy 18 centuary transcription of german.
>>
No. 20277
>>20276
It's transcribe from Dutch. (I think.)
Since Peter the Great studied ship construction in the Netherlands.
>>
No. 20278
>>20277
Well, yeah, probably, hovever you know it's kinda meh to give your city normal name, but with transcription of foreign language on your language.
>>
No. 20330
https://en.mercopress.com/2019/03/20/brazil-convoy-with-nuclear-fuel-came-under-fire-police-escort-repel-attack

>Armed men shot at members of a convoy transporting uranium to one of Brazil’s two working nuclear power plants on a coastal road in Rio de Janeiro state on Tuesday, police and the company managing the plant said.

lmao
>>
No. 20352
>>20330
Oh dear God, since when did we let favelados have uranium?
>>
No. 20401
Restoring thread order 7
>>
No. 20425
https://www.apnews.com/e70e59947a354ca4a0c461bdcf7e292b
>China slowly increases its influence in Europe

I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords. Can't wait for socialism with Italian characteristics
>>
No. 20427
482 kB, 472 × 555
65 kB, 324 × 401
>>20425
>tfw we just borrowed billions from China to finance a giant railway to transport wares southward
The coming decades will be really wild, I can feel it
>>
No. 20446
5,3 MB, 3000 × 1948
>>20445
I've been warning people to watch themselves when around pensioners.
>>
No. 20447
>>
No. 20448
>>20446
I just had to delete the post for a fierce spelling mistake.

I am looking forward to how this story will unfold. Maybe there is more to this than the woman being just psychopatic. Nice picture, what was it for originally?
>>
No. 20449
186 kB, 996 × 832
>>20448
It was made on the a propos of the 2018 Hungarian elections. Though not like I need a reason to take a shit on the entitled ex-communist pensioner strata we have.
>>
No. 20450
>>20449
Even though your politics tend to come up in our news from time to time, I can rarely deduct more from it than "Orban did something evil again". How is he involved with this ex-communist strata? Is he some form of antagonist or does he profit from relations to them? You make them sound still powerful.
>>
No. 20451 Kontra
1,6 MB, 2005 × 984
>>20450
Free this, free that, I deserve it! I'm old, I'm in my late 60s/early 70s. I worked 130 years at the local gravel shovelling union, so I deserve everything for free even though I'm a prole who failed to save up any money and had no qualificatons to work at anything, because I never needed it, since the Kádár-system guaranteed my employment no matter how much of an alcoholic fuckup I am. Therefore, my ego is gargantuan, and I'd send hundreds of young, virile people to dance in fire if that means that it'll prolong my mummified corpse's existence in this world. I was the member of the Communist Youth League, probably a member of the Communist Party too, I sang the International proudly, I waved the flag. Though that's the past. I preach Catholicism now, and hardcore nationalism, because these liberal youngsters need to be stopped. I only watch state television, and I vote based on the propaganda supplied to me, and based on which party promises a bigger raise to my pension. It doesn't matter if EVERYONE's pension is raised by 1.6% only, it doesn't matter, that's great. (Even though the true, actual elites of the Communist system and retired soldiers and civic servants have a pension of 300k forints a month, while I have to make ends meet from only 130k. Everyone gets an equal increase, just like during the good old days!)
I respect no one. Yet, if you are younger, I demand infinite respect from you. I'm so much wiser, I'm older so it must be true! Of course I'm an uneducated prole who "speaks only one foreign language" (three words of russian or german, repeated ad nauseam to impress fellow proles, or impressionable children.)
Matters not, we are the old ones, we are the past and the present, and the future should bow before us. You will lick my arse clean, you communist punk! Have I worked 350 years for this nation only for you to disrespect me? Everything you see was built through my "labour"!
I am the pensioner of the Kádár Era, kept alive by the crumbling medical system beyond any reasonable age, just so that every four years I can proudly claim, "yes, I did something for my nation". I am a cattle kept for my meat (vote).

So. The communist system produced generations who expect the state to save them from every single bad thing that could happen. They are easily scared, grumpy fucks who pose as nationalists and can be easily manipulated, because they are unskilled with media. They are "influental", because there is a lot of them in the country. They are usually called "Petty-pensioners" or "Petite-pensioners".
The government profits off them considerably, since it's a secure voter base that can be bought by minimal increases to pension. (Though recently they started handing out "coupons" valued at 10k forints to every pensioner to "help ends meet". Coincidentally just before the elections.)
Characteristically they overvalue their life experiences and how and what they actually worked, they demand absolute respect while they themselves say the ugliest shit in the meanest manner possible, because they are "allowed" to do that because of their age and "achievements".
And yes I'm fucking angry, really fucking angry.
To be quite frank, I considered emigrating just so that I don't have to pay a single dime into this entitled class' pension funds. (Money, I, myself will never fucking see.)
>>
No. 20453
561 kB, 907 × 872
The search for new Alzheimer’s disease treatments hit another big setback on Thursday when drugmakers Biogen Inc. and Eisai Co. said they would terminate two late-stage studies of an experimental drug after determining it would likely fail to help patients.

The announcement dashed researchers’ and investors’ optimism that the companies’ drug, called aducanumab, might succeed where previous Alzheimer’s treatments had failed. The news sent both companies’ stocks plunging, with Biogen’s shares closing down 29% and Eisai’s down 35% on Thursday. Biogen lost about $18 billion in market value.

The setback cast fresh doubts—voiced for years by some biotech analysts—on the hypothesis that has informed much of the recent research and investment into potential Alzheimer’s drugs: that the buildup in the brain of a sticky substance called Beta amyloid plays a pivotal role in the disease. Drug researchers said they may now need to go back to the drawing board in search of an effective treatment.

“This disappointing news confirms the complexity of treating Alzheimer’s disease and the need to further advance knowledge in neuroscience,” Biogen Chief Executive Michel Vounatsos said in a statement.

Aducanumab was an important bet for Biogen, which is based in Cambridge, Mass. The biotech company has been looking to Alzheimer’s disease treatment to fuel future revenue growth, especially as competition eats into sales of its core franchise of drugs treating multiple sclerosis. Their world-wide sales fell 4.3% to $8.6 billion last year.

Many investors were also taken by the company’s wager on Alzheimer’s. The massive market opportunity treating the memory-robbing disease—potentially worth billions of dollars a year in sales—as well as some promising data from early-stage studies attracted new investors to the company and helped drive up its share price.

Excited, too, by the potential opportunity, Biogen invested heavily in recent years to enroll thousands of patients in late-stage studies of aducanumab, some analysts said.

“This is going to go down as one of the greatest follies in biopharma history,” Geoff Porges, a Leerink Partners LLC biotech analyst, said in an interview. The evidence for thinking aducanumab would work was always weak, he said, “but because the economic opportunity was so enormous, these huge trials were greenlighted.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biogen-shares-drop-28-after-ending-alzheimers-phase-3-trials-11553170765
>>
No. 20456
10 kB, 239 × 211
A “mindblowing” haul of fossils that captures the riot of evolution that kickstarted the diversity of life on Earth more than half a billion years ago has been discovered by researchers in China.

Paleontologists found thousands of fossils in rocks on the bank of the Danshui river in Hubei province in southern China, where primitive forms of jellyfish, sponges, algae, anemones, worms and arthropods with thin whip-like feelers were entombed in an ancient underwater mudslide.

The creatures are so well preserved in the fossils that the soft tissues of their bodies, including the muscles, guts, eyes, gills, mouths and other openings are all still visible. The 4,351 separate fossils excavated so far represent 101 species, 53 of them new.

“It is a huge surprise that such a large proportion of species in this fossil assemblage are new to science,” said Robert Gaines, a geologist on the team from Pomona College in Claremont, California. The fieldwork was led by Xingliang Zhang and Dongjing Fu at Northwest University in Xi’an, 700 miles (1,127km) south-west of Beijing.

The fossilised organisms date back to 518m years ago when life on Earth experienced a massive burst in diversity known as the Cambrian explosion. The event, at the dawn of animal life, marked the arrival of all manner of unusual creatures. Many went extinct as evolutionary dead-ends, but others went on to form the first sturdy branches of the tree of life.

Scientists still debate what prompted the Cambrian explosion. One idea is that life stumbled upon the genetic tools to build animal bodies, but the onset of predation, which triggered an evolutionary arms race, shifts in tectonic plates, and a surge of nutrients into the oceans, may also have played a part.

Until now, the most impressive fossils from the Cambrian explosion were those found in the Burgess Shale, a 508m-year-old rock formation in Canada, and in the 518m-year-old Chengjiang formation in China. The new fossils, found near the junction of the Danshui and Qingjiang rivers in Hubei province in China, provide a snapshot of a radically different ecosystem of organisms that lived around the same time.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/mar/21/mindblowing-haul-of-fossils-over-500m-years-old-unearthed-in-china
>>
No. 20477
>>20451
Why is this picture being mean to a poor June bug? Or is that a Japanese garden beetle?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_chafer
Found it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockchafer
lol fuck your lawn keeping we have them and our lawn is fine
>>
No. 20501
37 kB, 400 × 400
>>
No. 20502
138 kB, 1200 × 677
>>20501
We've been down this road before
>>
No. 20506
>>20502
Except that there is no occupation and I don't think most people there actually liked ISIS. I mean yeah sure it's going to be a chaotic shithole for years to come but whatever. I also think of the worst, shittiest things Trump has done so far is fucking over the Kurds, who at least it would make sense to just give them Northern Iraq. From best I can tell they're just about the only completely non worthless allies we have in the whole region. In fact I can't think of a single faction or nation there off the top of my head who aren't completely shit, obviously including Israel who never once fought alongside us, bombed the USS Liberty, sold our military secrets to our enemy and so on.

The problem with Iraq is that it's just not a real country. There are Shia in the south and Sunni in the north and west with some Kurds in the far north. Nobody is ever going to hold that place together partly for this reason.

The only reason it even exists is because perfidious Albion arbitrarily carved the territory and set its inhabitants against each other. So you're right, in that northern Iraq is pretty much destined to fall again eventually anyway, while Southern Iraq becomes an Iranian satellite (which is probably somehow going to be used as pretext for bombing and invading Iran next).

Syria also seems to still be under Assad and idk what's going to happen with Turkey.

But at very least the territory itself is gone for ISIS. The main problem with this I think is that at least it acted as a containment zone the jihadists flocked to so now they're probably mostly going to focus on terrorism abroad. On the plus side, they've been completely discredited at this point. Is Bhagdadi captured though? Did Baghdadi ever even exist, or was he an agent of Zion and USA?
>>
No. 20557
https://twitter.com/DailySabah/status/1109911527652495362
Turkish president said that they can make Hagia Sophia from musem - mosque again. Very sad news. I think we will never live untill day, when it will become Ortodox patriarchal cathedral again
>>
No. 20588
https://variety.com/2019/music/news/european-parliament-approves-controversial-copyright-directive-eu-1203172499/
So this copyright articles in EU is approved. In every fucking country every day internet become more and more restricted.
>>
No. 20592
>>20588
https://meduza.io/feature/2019/03/26/evroparlament-podderzhal-direktivu-ob-avtorskom-prave-germaniyu-vozmozhno-ubedili-soglasitsya-s-ney-v-obmen-na-severnyy-potok-2
Oh fuck, France convinced germany to accept this shitty internet in exchange they will allow to build "North Stream 2". So they also this way very much helped pootine goverment
Well, fuck. I feel like we soon going to end in 1930s all over again.
>>
No. 20599
>>20588
So is this just going to completely kill everyone's videos on YT for instance?
>>
No. 20600
>>20599
Well it's typical law that can ban absoluetly everything. In Russia such laws created not to follow them, but sometimes to arrest random people. In europe all usually follow absoluetly even bumb laws and I can imagine they block whole internet. Or made more restrictions in it as "compromise".
Since mina country in shit already and dead, I can't wait to see europe become soviet-union tier shithole and then join our club of authoritaric third world.
>>
No. 20601
>>20599

No. It will require anyone who has a website, forum, blog or whatever to filter every bit that is uploaded to that said site for copyright infringements.

It means for Europeans to either close any kind of intenet publishing with user interactions or rent an upload filter software from google.
>>
No. 20602
132 kB, 546 × 670
>>20601
Ah yes, I forgot that in your countries already all what you search and what you posted are SPOTTED BY BELOVED GOVERMENT
>>
No. 20603 Kontra
>>20602

????
>>
No. 20604
>>20603
As I know, in many european countries goverment can see your traffic. Like you can go to jail for using torrents and sharing them.
>>
No. 20606
>>
No. 20607 Kontra
>>20604

Governments have little to do with it (besides creating the legal frame work). It's the providers who can see your traffic (same as everywhere). And it's the copyright owners who ask the providers for IPs etc. and they can sue you for uploading copyrighted material to the torrent network.
>>
No. 20608
>>20607
Oh, so even without goverment - corporations can throw you into jail for ruining their copy """Rights""". Cyberpunk in reality.
>>
No. 20609
>>20608

It's actually lawyers companies who work for the big media corporations and they usually sue for money payments not for throwing people in jail.
>>
No. 20611
>>20609
I may guess this payments far from 10 euros.
>>
No. 20613
>>20606
Kim Jong Un has already shown us that. I don't think trumptards realize this but everything they said about Obama making the world think we're "weak" is 100% of Trump. All these world leaders have already realized if they just use empty flattery they can manipulate this gullible fuckwit to do what they want. The world will be walking over us.
>>
No. 20614
>>20611
As a normal user you can get a fine of ~1000€ for torrenting, but nowadays it's not really profitable and the few firms actually enforce it (for various reasons). Anyways it's mostly for very popular and recent movies, nobody cares about older stuff. I did get such a fine once, but I filled out some mandatory letters and then I received multiple threats from them, but in the end they didn't go to court and it was barred after three years so I didn't have to pay anything.

>>20588
It sucks that it was passed but I'm wondering how it will play out. I feel like there was a lot of fearmongering going on, and it might not change that much but we'll see.
>>
No. 20637
>>20614
>It sucks that it was passed but I'm wondering how it will play out. I feel like there was a lot of fearmongering going on, and it might not change that much but we'll see.

I think that little will change at first and people will forget about it or accept the minimal effect it has. But in my eyes this wasn't about copyright as much as it was about building something else piece by piece and copyright laws are being weaponized for a different cause.
Think about internal documents that a whistleblower might leak. The way so called upload-filters work is both very ambiguous and very opaque. Companies will claim rights to some entity and then report fingerprints for a bunch of documents related to that entity, be it a video, audio, books - all files are bytes that you can hash. Now there will be an infrastructure that, if it works, will prevent leakage of documents by filtering what can be uploaded based on an non-verifiable claim.

If such an infrastructure turns out functional then this is a big piece in the puzzle for detecting and preventing the leakage of any document.
And that's why I think this is dangerous.

Here is a case where the German government used copyright claims to prevent a document about glyphosat being dangerous to be published (even though by law this document has to be public): https://netzpolitik.org/2019/zensurheberrecht-bundesregierung-mahnt-fragdenstaat-ab-fragdenstaat-verklagt-bundesregierung/

Think about this for a second: Copyright on the outcome of a study regarding dangers to the populus.
>>
No. 20642
>>20637
Very much this. It's never really about the random pirated song or whatever so much as censorship. You should know this by now that they always claim it's "fighting child pornography" or something when trying to control and censor the net, or "extremism"
>>
No. 20657
Dunno if it's better to post this here or on the doc thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUClXFF2PKs

It's not actually about west africa but only Sierra Leone. Foreign fishing boats, specially chinese, are overfishing their waters, probably enabled by local corruption.
>>
No. 20667
>>20657
>Dunno if it's better to post this here or on the doc thread
I suppose this could fit into either one. After watching, I was doing some reading on the subject. While the video focuses on illegal pair-trawling, this NY Times article provides an overview of China's distant-water fishing in Africa. As China's territorial waters are depleted, their government subsidises the industry to allow them to fish further from home. I thought it was interesting that in the story a Chinese official says that they need to fish in Africa to feed America. This was written in 2017 and is therefore not newsworthy, but it's related to the BBC piece so I'll put it here.

>Having depleted the seas close to home, Chinese fishermen are sailing farther to exploit the waters of other countries
>Increasingly, China’s growing armada of distant-water fishing vessels is heading to the waters of West Africa, drawn by corruption and weak enforcement by local governments.
>Protecting the seas sometimes means saying no to China, whose largess is funding infrastructure across Africa. “It’s hard to say no to China when they are building your roads,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/world/asia/chinas-appetite-pushes-fisheries-to-the-brink.html
>>
No. 20673
>>20667
I thought these were all pirate fishing boats. At least this is what I read when looking into this
news here
>>19723
Basically, they are unregistered and go untracked, China turns a blind eye to the fact that these ships are chinese and use chinese ports to dock and sell their fish in Chinese market.
>>
No. 20675
780 kB, 800 × 545, 0:06
>>20673
>I thought these were all pirate fishing boats
Yes, I didn't mean to imply the illegal activities in the videos were representative of the larger legal fishing fleets. I was just looking into the various conflicts involving Chinese boats, and that led to reading about their fishing industry as a whole.
Incidently, the WTO is trying to get China to curb their fishing subsidies. I imagine that will be like trying to stop the US from subsidising corn.
>>
No. 20676
>>20673
China does not give one fuck about international law. Their only rule is don't get caught or have to save face. Not even Israel is as bad as China.
>>
No. 20679
178 kB, 500 × 281
1,3 MB, 640 × 360, 0:13
https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-officers-shot-responding-man-sword-church-scientology/story?id=61999898
>man allegedly armed with sword walks into Scientology offices
>gets shot, police shoot each other
>>
No. 20685
>>20679
>whether it was a gun, sword, both -- that we're still working on
This whole case reminds of me the scene in the beginning of DMC4. Dude probably thought that he's Dante or something.
>>
No. 20688
>>20676
>China does not give one fuck about international law.

Yes, china is following in the US' shoes very well so far.
>>
No. 20740
There is nothing wrong with China. Please fix your brain worms.
>>
No. 20741
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1111607604348805120

I would rather give a link to Washington Post, but there's a paywall and I can't read what they wrote. Well, I don't identify with visitiors of /r9k/ and I think that they dislike women a bit too much, but it seems like incels are a real thing, at least in the US, and they aren't simply a bunch of bitter guys on 4chan. Really makes you think what provoked the changes in the last 10 years, innit?
>>
No. 20742
>>20741
I'd like to jump into a few haphazard conclusions I'll regret later.

American life became tied to the mass media a bit too much, even when compared to already too much. They are living in this spectacle that sells them hopes and dreams. Of course, to peddle the wares, they appeal to everyone. And but while the penetration of the media is deep, it is not deep enough to fundamentally change the values and workings of the sexual market, it only enhances the mechanics already in place "naturally". And of course they peddle the wares, infinite sex, infinite love, all to be theirs. But these planted wishes for real feelings cannot manifest in an environment which is a giant play on a stage. They've been implanted with wishes for true love, the best sex ever, and then placed in an overly regulated yet overly free market environment, where they can only lose, lose and lose while trying to have a go at their dreams.
This environment has an unnaturally high amount of stress, and is overly competitive, and these people simply can't take it.
The internet allows them to connect, and when waves like these meet, they amplify each other (just like how SJWs online come up with them most pants-on-head-retarded things sometimes, because they spent a tad bit too much time on their little site, same goes for incels. Too much channin' and redpill popping).

Of course it's entirely possible that I'm wrong, and it's just the USA, where strange things happen. They are a cut-throat society who don't pamper you. They need to cope somehow, be it joining a cult, 2 minutes of hate a day, or being really into politics or religion. Maybe becoming a workaholic.

t.alks about things he has no idea about but it sounds nice
>>
No. 20743
18 kB, 698 × 493
> Really makes you think what provoked the changes in the last 10 years, innit?
It truly is a mystery

It's almost like suddenly everyone had some strange new device in that time, like some kind of pornographic TV. But how would one even get porn or such things? We can never know.
>>
No. 20746
>>20743
It's neither porn nor any other males-only activity, because the increase in men without sex and the increase in women without sex is disproportionate. I can only think of the well-known theory explaining this: a small group of men has more sex with different women at the expense of the others, that is, polygamy is spreading in the society, OR it's caused by a strong increase in the number of lesbians having sex with each other. I consider it interesting that extremely traditional community with a few men having a lot of wifes and a sexually liberated society both lead to the same results of an increased minority of sexually ostracized men.
>>
No. 20748
>>20746
>>20741
Btw, I would want to recomend this guy, he often shares nice stuff about American sexual life, marriages including https://twitter.com/NickWolfinger
>>
No. 20750
>>20741
The sudden dips during the great recession, 2001 recession and Asian financial crisis is interesting. Venezuelans must be going at it like rabbits right now.

>>20742
America has always been like that though.

>>20746
I think you're reading two minority groups out of proportion. The 10% difference is essentially some lads shagging a couple of rats birds - it doesn't speak about the amount of sex people are having, just that more women are on the board.

What I'm seeing is a barrier to entry. The article (there isn't a paywall) seems to corroborate this with the lower levels of labour participation from American males after 2008. That's probably a bigger issue than not having sex but I guess nobody wants to read something about jobless young men because they're hard to love.
>>
No. 20751
140 kB, 509 × 536
>>
No. 20752
25 kB, 400 × 400
482 kB, 240 × 173
>>20748
Oh Jesus
>Professor at the University of Utah. Written some books about marriage & divorce. Co-host of Professor & the Idiot podcast. NAGA winner. Pot-bellied pig owner.
And you want this guy to be your expert on American sex life?

>>20750
> The article (there isn't a paywall) seems to corroborate this with the lower levels of labour participation from American males after 2008. That's probably a bigger issue than not having sex but I guess nobody wants to read something about jobless young men because they're hard to love.
That's probably the other factor. I also suspect some people just plain aren't trying to get laid. Overall though I'd say it's the combination of internet+phones that's ruining quite a lot of things in this country, including the internet itself and our politics. Not that US politics ever were high brow mind you, but yeesh. I also suspect our heightened suicide rates and heroin addiction are part of another complex not directly linked the pocket NSA issue.
>>
No. 20757
492 kB, 600 × 700
>>20752
>Duuude, are you real? XDDD
This is how your argument looks like. It's obvious that I don't see what's wrong with him, so can you explain what's the problem? He doesn't look good enough for you?
>That's probably the other factor.
The old claim stands: a few amount men have more sex with more women and make up for the lost males on the sex market, that's why there's such a big difference between genders. I.e. that's literally what incels claim, it's a goddamn resurrection of polygamy and you with the Brit didn't disprove it.
>>
No. 20758
>>20757
I'm saying I don't trust the opinion of a Mormon from California who owns a pot bellied pig and looks like that on what normal people do with their willies.

>>20742
This man is on point. Yeah, the whole reaction of everybody on 9/11 was "it's just like in a movie" I shit you not sadly I was one or them but hey I was a kid. I think there's just something that's fundamentally rotten and corrupt about our society. Call it late stage Rome if you I don't know. But generally speaking Americans live stressful, fake, and increasingly isolated lives. If you really want to get down to brass tracks I'd say that's what it is for our issues across the board, from the mass shootings to the constant cultism to idiotic political rage fests to the various cancerous subcultures becoming seen as a thing (SJWs and poltards are just two aspects of this, and don't forget the fundies and our open religious fanaticism somehow turning into denial of climate change and evolution as opposed to caring about genuine morality or virtues), to the current heroin epidemic which by the way we periodically have. It's like generations of cicadas. The last big drug epidemic we had was meth in 90s-00s. Before that it was coke and crack.

So yeah I think that what's really going on is just the general breakdown of a decadent twisted and corrupt society and a bunch of whiny ass useless fucking men who make a fake ass identity for themselves around not getting laid as if it was a fucking political statement and cultural identity is an expression of this. Most of them are lazy bitches who'd rather whine about it on the internet and jack off to hentai. I'm sorry but that's the brutal truth, and the whole place is like some demented carnival ride from the inside looking in. It is not a problem with any easy fix either because it's pretty structural. Americans simply live out often lonely and insincere lives in front of the television which was bad enough, and now it's the internet. People glued to the bube tube for the last decades look positively brilliant in comparison to the mentally unbalanced stupidity of the common internet, which is fundamentally like an information in a public restroom wall that is now bleeding into real life more and more.

If you really want to talk about INVOLUNTARY celibacy because a lot of these guys are just lazy fucks who think they deserve a perfect relationship with a porn star or Hollywood looks woman regardless of how obese or skinny they are etc. then you should ignore first world problems and look at China. They have an actual gender imbalance. We have a mental imbalance. Like the same reason people are shooting heroin is probably the same reasons they're shooting up schools.
>>
No. 20781
320 kB, 523 × 720
1022 kB, 1 page
>"The owl of Minerva spreads its wings at dusk,” announced Thierry Baudet, leader of the Netherlands’ new Forum for Democracy (fvd) party, after the country’s provincial elections on March 20th. The two-year-old fvd had just shocked the establishment, winning the most votes of any party nation-wide and becoming the largest in several provincial legislatures. Dutch voters whose Hegel was shaky turned to Google to work out what the Eurosceptic, climate-change-sceptic foe of immigration was on about, and concluded that he was proclaiming the election a dialectical shift in Dutch history.

>Combined with fashion-model looks, such stunts have made Mr Baudet the hottest political news in the Netherlands. In his first appearance as an mp in 2017, he violated parliamentary rules by trying to make a speech in Latin.
https://www.economist.com/europe/2019/03/30/a-surge-for-the-fvd-a-new-right-wing-dutch-party

Has assburgers become mainstream?

>>20751
Here.

>>20752
>I also suspect some people just plain aren't trying to get laid.

This bugs me because so much of this incel shit seems to be propagated by people who never try.
>>
No. 20832
69 kB, 960 × 720
>>20741

On the face of it I'd say it's consistent with evolutionary biological principles. For a mammal with even a minor degree of sexual dimorphism wrt size like H. sapiens, you expect there to be some difference between male and female RSv. Of course, this theoretical framework does not exactly help us explain 'sex having', which is a different measure from reproductive success (and the relation between these two parameters is somewhat unclear). It also doesn't help us explain why the ratio of male to female sex having variance seems to be changing so rapidly.
>>
No. 20833
>>20832
>>20741

How has the share of the under 30 US population on antidepressants and other drugs that suppress libido changed in this interval?
>>
No. 20861
Did Mussollini have her killed?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47595320
>>
No. 20862 Kontra
>>20861
Fuck, I mean Berlusconi
>A murder investigation is under way in Italy after the death of a Moroccan model who testified against former PM Silvio Berlusconi in 2012.

>Imane Fadil, 33, died on 1 March in a Milan hospital, a month after being admitted with stomach pains. At the time she said she had been poisoned.

>Italian media say she may have been poisoned with a radioactive substance.

>She was a key witness against Mr Berlusconi, who was accused of paying for sex with an underage prostitute.

>The many trials of Berlusconi

>Mr Berlusconi, 82, was initially convicted but then acquitted on appeal. He was later convicted of tax fraud and sentenced to carry out community service.

>Speaking on Saturday, Mr Berlusconi said: "It's always a pity when a young person dies. I never met this person, never talked to her.

>"What I read of her statements made me think that everything was invented, absurd," he said.

>Mr Berlusconi - who has served as prime minister in four governments - is still facing a number of charges, including bribery.
>>
No. 20871
>>20861
>>20862
Berlusconi is the figurehead of the Italian deep state formerly known as "Operation Gladio",related to P2 masonic lodge, Italian secret service, mafia structures, former NATO stay behind militias,
right wing terrorists and some elements of the catholic church. It isn't even necessary he's personally behind it.
>>
No. 20880
>>20862
Poor Italy. They never recovered from that massive crackdown on corruption that they had in the 90s. Many people here fear that we're heading the same way.
>>
No. 20912
>>20880
In some completely pointless news
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jim-carrey-mussolinis-granddaughter-got-185247864.html
I'm so glad I've never used that website. It sounds like the whole planet is getting turned into middle school tier bitchfits. Although, it does seem like one way to insult people rather directly. Also lol fuck Italy. Why should we be sympathetic to what is to this day a corrupt shithole?
>>
No. 20915
>>20912
Funnily enough, Mrs. Mussolini has made jpop in the past:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki3QNRjQ4CM
>>
No. 20920
>>
No. 20922
>>20920
Thank you, it works. I often missed promising articles in the Financial Times because I didn't have a subscription.
>>
No. 20938
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2019/03/18/arizona-court-ruling-use-preserved-embryos-without-ex-husbands-consent-ruby-torres/3205867002/

>She wrote that the couple agreed to preserve embryos to protect Torres' fertility, not necessarily to have children together in the future.
>"It is, of course, true that if Torres were awarded the embryos, Terrell could be legally responsible to financially support the children," the ruling states

This case seems to be a massive and messy soup opera. So many bad reactions, ideas, actions, thoughts, arguments and so on. Just read it. Also, don't ever think that you can fix relationships with court rulings.
>>
No. 20941
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMTvOnl3r0
His party lost Istambul and Ankara.
>>
No. 20971
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/03/biden-pledges-in-video-to-be-more-respectful-of-others-personal-space-1253527

Apparently Biden came under fire because a bunch of people on Twitter started portraying him like a creepy old man grabbing the women right by the pussy. Fascinating that later he has had to apologise for his behaviour. Biden and Sanders are the two most likely Democratic presidential candidates and this scandal can alienate part of the Biden's support.

Isn't it stupid that a handful of women considered it necessary to complain publicly about the 70 yo man hugging and kissing them in the forehead?
>>
No. 20972
>>20971
Feminism was a mistake. Especially the radfems. Like who even gives a fuck? He didnt literally grabbed them by the pussy or actually act super creepy and fuck them and have weird secret payoffs through his lawyer to a porn star to keep his adultery a secret. He just hugged people. Also women do NOT belong in our fucking high military chains of command nor in dictating immigration policy. I'm not even a poltard whom I also hate, this is just plain reality. They aren't born for it they aren't meant for it and they cant think like it usually. And why don't women catch shit for being overly flirtatious in those situations anyway?
>>
No. 20977 Kontra
>>20972
Hey, why don't you go back to pol, hm?
You don't seem to know anything about feminism except what the last few years of internet-anti-culture has produced. You also seem to motivate your posts with anger, which is never welcome.
>>
No. 20979
2,8 MB, 240 × 320, 0:07
>>20977
I don't go there. I actually fucking hate them but seriously, this shit has got to stop eventually. Have you ever been in a workplace around women? There's often at least one of them in a larger business who'll talk shit about people behind their backs, flirt, try to manipulate people and stab them in the back etc. and they usually well know how to wield sex as a weapon. Hell this one time I had a coworker who constantly acted bubbly and retarded but I caught onto her act and she admitted it to me. She also ended up fucking one of the coworkers while she was married behind this guy's back and ended up having a kid with the affair guy. That is the kind of shit women pull at work. I don't even give a fuck if it's PC or not.

Working with women is a complete pain in the ass because of these laws and you can typically find them sexually harassing people but no one gives a shit when women do it, but then it's like OMFG a guy just gave her a hug! Like who fucking gives a shit? Did he grab her crotch? Did he demand sexual favors if she wanted to advance in the company or keep her job? No? Then it's a fucking non-issue. I don't know how it is in Germany but here it is actively a minefield and we really don't need anything more to stress us out, isolate us, turning us into petty feuds with each other etc. until some dude finally snaps and brings a gun to work. I'm just saying dude, let me tell you about my country
https://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Police-Amtrak-employee-kills-self-after-shooting-13724787.php

I'm absolutely tired of this shit man. It's already exhausting dealing with work and I don't need the added stress of having to put up with this kind of shit on the job. Look I'm gonna be perfectly frank with you it is AWESOME having a job in America where you're surrounded by no women. It can be fun at first but over the years it really wears you down having to deal with it to the point where men actively avoid ever being alone with a female coworker because they can pull that kind of shit.
>>
No. 20980 Kontra
98 kB, 600 × 600
113 kB, 500 × 429
16 kB, 216 × 228
91 kB, 600 × 600
>>20979
You know what I'm not done yet actually this one fucking time at work I had a super flirty coworker, and she was cute yeah but at the time I had a lady friend and she flat out asked me about spending the night with her but it didn't even feel like a joking thing or a seductive thing it felt more like a threat thing. Like a power thing. And every fucking time at work she's talking about sex. So this one time we actually were forced to go to a fucking company sexual harassment meeting and the only open seat by the time I got there was next to her. I came in loaded on Neurontin and used that hour of my life stolen from me to be as subtly obnoxious a dick as possible, and to be both suggestive to the woman holding the meeting as well as saying enough shit to make her feel very awkward at that company meeting. And I had this one other lazy bitch at a different job whose mom also worked there and got her the job and she sat her lazy ass down refusing to work and just watching me so I had to go and get the fucking manager to do something about her fat ass.

No, there are some really great women at work, but then there are evil ones and pain in the ass ones and I fucking hate hate HATE having to go into work and wondering what sneaky shit someone's gonna pull, what some asshole guy is going to do to be a dick and meanwhile having to watch my back that I never get set up for a sexual harassment suit. And here in America if you ever start in a bydlo job you'll have to deal with people trying to trick you into saying you do drugs to get you fired, or offering to smoke you up or something just so they can go and say to the manager hey this guy does drugs. Like seriously people are that fucking petty here and every single job you have to make absolutely sure no one is setting you up or trying to do something to fuck you over and make you look like an ass/pervert/addict/criminal just because they don't like you or want to take your job. I do not like going into work and having to be the quiet polite guy while secretly collecting blackmail on every fucking person there just in case they try to pull some stunt on you. Every single day in America it is some wonderfully stupid annoying petty fucking shit, some bullshit or another with people and you wind up just feeling like you constantly need all the booze or drugs in the world including prescriptions just to deal with the society directly on a day to day basis. And every fucking time you have to make sure you look good and flashy and rich enough that a cop won't pester you and shoot you, but not quite so rich that you're gonna get robbed by some dumb motherfucker. I like America. I love the ideals. But motherfucker every single day is a potential go outside get shot scenario, or even worse arrested or brought to some lawsuit or dumb shit or whatever because approximately 70-80% of people still have this pathetic high school mentality which this dumb byldo reality shows just reinforce in the stupid motherfuckers and I hate it! HATE IT!
>>
No. 20981
>>20979
>>20980
Heh, we don't have all that sexual harassment dynamic going here (yet), but the predominantly female workplaces are still shit. Even at my workplace we have similar situation, despite its being not exactly female-dominated: the top brass (director, chief engineer) and the blue collars are male, while the middle management (including purchasing department, transport department, human resources department, economists, accountants etc.) plus computer operators (that's a more important-sounding name for typists) are 90% female. And boy oh boy is that "female sector" a snake pit! It's like they exist solely for creating problems for other workers: they work slow as fuck, they make mistakes constantly, they shift the blame for their mistakes on other people and they scheme behind the people's backs. Interestingly enough, separately they can often be decent persons, and select few are actually diligent workers but together they create a critical mass of sorts and all goes to shit. I thought that they do that because of their misandry or something, but it turns out that they hate each other just as much or even more than they hate us. And I gotta say that I'm really glad being a blue collar nobody, so I don't have to interact with them on the daily basis, but I kinda feel bad for my supervisor who looks like he has a very strong headache after every encounter with our wonderful female employees. If I ever want to find a different job, I'll make sure that there aren't a lot of women at the new workplace.
>>
No. 20985
>>20972
>>20971
I don't think this is related to feminism though, at least no entirely. I was reading about bidden just yesterday and it reminded me how young men are also less comfortable with being naked in front of other men, for example, while men of older generations couldn't give a flying fuck. Younger generations seem to have a much lower tolerance to exposure in public.
>>
No. 20992
>>20985
That's just Americans. We're all prudes. I personally hate being naked in front of absolutely anybody.
>>
No. 20997
https://www.kyivpost.com/lifestyle/about-kyiv/kyiv-city-council-renames-street-to-honor-john-mccain.html

Kyiv City Council renames street to honor John McCain

>However, Ukraine’s military only received Javelin anti-tank missiles from the United States in early 2018.
I don't think that "received" is a proper word. Ukraine BOUGHT the weapons when the conflict was frozen, and the (weakened) sanctions together with Nord Stream 2 were much more important than some missiles which aren't even allowed to enter Eastern Ukrainian regions.
>>
No. 20999
4,6 MB, 640 × 360, 1:29
>>20997
Yeah we really should've given you guys more weapons tbh, but then again, you also had shit like Azov battalion and a bunch of damn Nazis running around who those frankly deserved to be bombed by the Russians. But, we probably should've armed the shit out of the moderate Ukrainians and not just kept giving you guys junk.
>>
No. 21000
>>20997
>renaming the street which was before named after WW2 hero
Wait, should I really except anything other after renaming streets after Nazi criminals?
>>
No. 21001
>>20997
Naming streets after currently popular political figues is most times shit tier
It's always like that
Today you have statue of imperial governor, tommorow it be replaced with lenin, then it e replaced with stalin, than it will be replaced for lening again, then there be some other things.

I think best such renaming I can remembe so far was renaming Ekaterinodar in Krasnodar, which sounds not really commie, not really imperial, it's just neutral name and there no problem in it.
>>
No. 21003
>>21001
Naming anything after political figures is fucking retarded, but somehow they get remembered as heroes or something, like Alexander butchering his way across the Middle East, or Khan butchering and raping his way across the steppes of Southern Russia. Yet always we wind up with this dumb shit until it becomes natural to people, like naming shit Lincoln or Washington street, or Leningrad, or Yekaterinaburg, or any number of our cities named after some super dumb shit. I feel like I have finally seen people as they truly are. And it's a bit pathetic. Human nature cannot be changed be the ideology. They simply normally assimilate into any psychotic or psychopathic system when they think there's a strong voice, like a bunch of orks except it's being a loudmouth instead of being da biggest. They are peasants, with a peasant mentality, and this cannot be changed until domesticating them genetically, and obliterating the royal bloodlines and bloodlines of oligarchs across the world.
>>
No. 21005
>>21000
>Soviet intelligence
>War hero
The commies' themselves is the reason why the USSR lost 27 million people. Millions of Soviets died for nothing, simply because Stalin tried to play a big boy, signed a non-aggression pact with the most aggressive European reactionary who ever existed and didn't prepare for the coming war properly. If it were not for the desire to expand the union, conquer more clay and spread the revolution, then so many people wouldn't die. Friendship with Hitler was a mistake and only caused the USSR more damage.
>>
No. 21459
Based God-Empreror Putin saving the faitful Orthodox Russians from the international globalized el*tes and their kikery.

>Richest 3% Russians Hold 90% of Country’s Financial Assets

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/04/12/richest-3-russians-hold-90-of-countrys-financial-assets-study-a65213

It seems that Putin has not been in power for almost 20 years and has not accumulated more power and influence within the state than any other modern president of a European country.
>>
No. 21460
>>21005
>simply because Stalin tried to play a big boy, signed a non-aggression pact with the most aggressive European reactionary who ever existed
And nobody ever metioned that it happend as forced result of giveaway of chezoslovakia to Hitler by League of Nations, when Soviet Union don't find any support when wanted to make actions against it, in result end with Third Reich more and more close to soviet borders.
>>
No. 21461
>>21460
Yeah, because this point of view is popular only in the post-Soviet countries.
The USSR could sacrifice the territory for the sake of the common good and refuse to divide Poland or conclude a non-aggression pact, thereby destroying Hitler’s entire plan, which he expressed back in Mein Kampf - Germany's ought to wage war with the UK/Russia while being in peace with the other side. He directly said that the mistake of Germany in the WW1 was war on two fronts, and even knowing this we allowed him to take out the Benilux, Scandinavia, France and cripple the UK. Millions of people sacrificed themselves so that the USSR could gain a little more influence in Europe, the influence which in the end didn't even give the USSR any economic advantage and only ruined the relations with the West.
>>
No. 21462
>>21460
That would be convincing except for the whole 'cooperate with Hitler to partition Poland' thing. It doesn't scream 'pact of necessity' to me personally.
>>
No. 21472
>>21460
You should notice that in the West we are taught the USSR was also very very evil and that is why they signed pact with Hitler, which forced West to eventually saved the day and the world from Adolph the Gitler and convince Stalin to work with us despite him being very very evil.
>>
No. 21476
>>21461
>Yeah, because this point of view is popular only in the post-Soviet countries.
Because outside of soviet union in colr wars SU was enemy for them, as much as third reich in WW2. And even WW2 and before it was potential enemy, same as other authoritarian/totalitarian regimes that spread in 20s-30s around the world.
It's easy to judge people decidions from our time perspective (people like SJW like to do it), but back than all future was really foggy. USSR thought, that this decidion of peace after chezosolovakia event and austria anshuls was best way to preven immenent attack of germany. Main idea was that Hitler will be bisy until like 1943 fighting france and britain. Who may guessed that powerfull france will fall so fast, but britain campain was fail before even it started and Hitler will run towards other side already in 1941, when basicly nothing was ready on new defence line. Only Duche helped kind of, attacking everyone, fail all wars and forcing germans to be involved in other big battles right before start of barbarossa, with Crete where they lost so many paratroopers adn abadone paratrooper concept.
Keep in mind that Japanise was one of the major dangers too - it's only after start of actual war with SU issue with japan was resolved. And what happened if Japan and Germany do their attack same day?
>>
No. 21497
248 kB, 1430 × 645
notre dame de paris is on fire
>>
No. 21498
>>21497
What a shame
>>
No. 21499
22 kB, 330 × 330
>>21497
I see the live feed of it burning on TV right now and that looks pretty kill.
Sad.
>>
No. 21501
>>
No. 21502
>>21497
It's a sign! We have displeased God. It is time to reconquer Holy Land!
>>
No. 21503
>>21502
Woah, carefully with that anti-semitism
>>
No. 21504
74 kB, 850 × 536
45 kB, 780 × 537
horrible. i hope they can save the big tower, the front and as much interior as possible.

what a fucking shit decade/century this is so far.
>>
No. 21505
1005 kB, 1280 × 1280
>>
No. 21506
>>21504
So far I thought it's made of stone.
>>
No. 21507
490 kB, 1960 × 1304
>>21506
As many gothic buildings from the era it is stone, but have a lot wood inside and that most probably help to stabilize construction
>>
No. 21509
106 kB, 1200 × 721
Ministre de l'Intérieur: "Firefighters might not be able to save Notre Dame"
>>
No. 21510
>>21503
Don't listen to the poltard shit there is no evidence whatsoever of it being Jews or Muslims and besides polatards are a tool of the world conspiracy https://www.conspiracyarchive.com/2015/01/10/albert-pike-to-mazzini-august-15-1871-three-world-wars/
This has been known about for some time. Oddly no one has ever thought to question how it is that a site like vierkanal was able to continue existing for so long despite supposedly being a thorn in the side of TPTB including the feds. This is because that site got coopted long ago. You will also notice the poltards and the SJWs being used as two forces by the same powers.

Their ultimate aim is to collide Islam with Christianity (not Judaism, although Judaism is tied up with Christendom at this point) and wrack the planet in numerous wars and catastrophes until finally people side with either the religious fanatics or the nihilists. I'll just tell you straight out everything happening in that regard is according to design, and you will also notice curiously how much the occult and outright Satanism has been mainstreamed. The final war is not a manufactured clash of civilizations, but the one after, which is the artificial and formed by the agentur alliance between the three religious faiths, and against an assortment of nihilists and secularists. It is this last, fourth war which is designed to split apart any remaining resistance and to "reveal the true light of the world, Lucifer" to the masses as global state religion.
>>
No. 21513
This is so sad that I don't even want to look at news or videos of it. But this fire also makes me wonder how dangerous these old wooden structures are. I mean there are many places in Europe where these old wooden structures are still densely inhabited, and we take for granted that modern fire fighting procedures can deal with it. But apparently not, not even Notre Dame is safe.
>>
No. 21515
36 kB, 714 × 512
Human intelligence is one of evolution’s most consequential inventions. It is the result of a sprint that started millions of years ago, leading to ever bigger brains and new abilities. Eventually, humans stood upright, took up the plow, and created civilization, while our primate cousins stayed in the trees.

“This was the first attempt to understand the evolution of human cognition using a transgenic monkey model,” says Bing Su, the geneticist at the Kunming Institute of Zoology who led the effort.

According to their findings, the modified monkeys did better on a memory test involving colors and block pictures, and their brains also took longer to develop—as those of human children do. There wasn’t a difference in brain size.

The experiments, described on March 27 in a Beijing journal, National Science Review, and first reported by Chinese media, remain far from pinpointing the secrets of the human mind or leading to an uprising of brainy primates.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613277/chinese-scientists-have-put-human-brain-genes-in-monkeysand-yes-they-may-be-smarter/
>>
No. 21516
>>21509
>some hours later

It's saved...
>>
No. 21518
106 kB, 850 × 511
>>21515
Socialists were trying it already during Stalin's reign:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilya_Ivanovich_Ivanov
>>
No. 21520
>>21518
There's a pretty substantial technical difference between engineering a transgenic monkey with a few human genes inserted, and producing an F1 human / common chimp hybrid. Tbh though I am curious about whether the latter is possible: I think it might be. Human sperm have been reported to successfully penetrate gorilla ova in experiments, for instance. Also, common chimp / bonobo hybrids have been documented in captivity.
>>
No. 21530 Kontra
>>21520

They had no genetic engeneering in the 30s
>>
No. 21543
684 kB, 806 × 427
I think we finally have an explanation for the Welsh
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8872638/stonehenge-mystery-solved-with-dna/
This probably also partly explains the dark Irish although wouldn't they have also already tested this? Is there something I am unaware of here?
>>
No. 21622
>Northern Ireland journalist killed by gunman during riot

>A 29-year-old Northern Irish journalist was shot dead during rioting in Londonderry overnight, an attack that shocked the region and police said was likely the work of Irish nationalist militants opposed to the 1998 Good Friday peace deal.

>Rioting hit the Irish nationalist Creggan area of the city in Northern Ireland late on Thursday after a raid by police, who said they were trying to prevent militant attacks this weekend. At least 50 petrol bombs were thrown and two cars set on fire. Journalist Lyra McKee, 29, was shot dead shortly after posting a picture on Twitter of the violence, which she described as “absolute madness.”
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-nireland-violence/northern-ireland-journalist-killed-by-gunman-during-riot-idUKKCN1RV02F

Marching season looks like it's going to be especially shit this year.

>>21543
"KARA BOĞA!" as the ancient ones used to say.

Although my understanding is there's been quite a few more recent migrations during pre-history from Iberian fishermen to copper miners. British pre-history is mysterious in general.
>>
No. 21626
>>21622
Why would they target a journalist though? Or was this just a random shooting in Derry?
>>
No. 21632
>>21626
It's being treated as someone opening up on on police and her catching a stray gunshot. Let's be honest though, she was writing about children disappearing during the troubles and she has the audacity to be gay in Northern Ireland. I'm sure the lads won't shed many tears.
>>
No. 21684
China must be destroyed
>>
No. 21685 Kontra
>>21684
Why?
>>
No. 21686
>>21685
Because it is a great dystopian evil that manages to be worse than either of us. They turn puppies into food and gloves. It is comically evil.
>>
No. 21703
Poroshenko just conceded the election. Good luck Ukraine. I hope Zelenskiy is as clean as he says he is. It would be a nice change for sure. Time will tell though. I wonder if his NATO referendum will keep Ukraine moving wect?

Also has interesting implications as a precedent for neighbouring countries with regards to outsider politics.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-live-blog-election-events-as-they-happen/29467569.html
>>
No. 21704
123 kB, 0:02
>>21703
>Jewish Comedian Man actually wins the election on the fascist Ukraine
>>
No. 21706 Kontra
>>21704
>election on the fascist Ukraine

>election on the fascist

>fascist Ukraine

kohl tier
>>
No. 21707
>>21704
Mene value is a potent force in 21st century politics. I think that traditional camaigning is in its final stages over the coming decade. That could be good or bad. Either politics dominated by walking memes or a very free system of digital representation. Ukraine was an interesting case study there since they had a ballot with about 50 names on it. We should pay attention toitsdynamic since that will be coming westwards when people start really undsrstanding how low the cost of a campaign can be when run digitally in my opinion.
>>
No. 21710
>>21703
Zelinsky come out of nowhere - just some comic tv star dude. He was supported by one of the most powerfull ukraine oligarhs - Kolomoisky, who in opposition to oligarh Poroshenko. I happy that ukraine have some political life, but this is basicly late 90s russia-tier, not even near at least pretending in democracy.
>>
No. 21712
>>21706
It was for the meme value
>>
No. 21722 Kontra
>>21712

Ok, sorry then. (On the chans you never know).
>>
No. 21736
>>21710
He also got a lot of popularity among younger voters with a strong online presence and 'crowdsourcing' ideas with them on social media. Don't act as though his entire campaign

The extent of influence that Kolomoisky exerted is not really known for sure and most are treating it as informed speculation at the moment until more evidence can be found and looked at. That said, most media moguls in the world are involved in politics so it's not exactly the smear you think it is. Let's not forget that the man isn't poor neither. He has a pretty nice Italian Villa. The big test will be to see what happens regarding PrivatBank which is under appeal for reprivatisation to Kolomoisky. However, even if it turns out he's just a puppet, the ideas behind his election are still powerful and relevant.

He was a fresh face who promised economic and political reform. This hit what were apparently the three biggest issues for the electorate: a stagnant political scene, economy and corrupt administration and it propelled him to a landslide victory. Also due to the fact that support was pretty uniform, you're looking at someone who inspired hope in a lot of the population, and not just urban or rural, young or old. Also big is the fact that he's Russian-speaking. If he plays his cards right, that can be used in conjunction with a policy fostering Ukrainian language and institutions to become something of a uniting symbol between Western and Eastern Ukraine.

Those ideas are powerful. Especially when the election was confirmed by the OSCE as fair and open. It shows that the public has the ability to enact change on the system, it empowers them to make demands because the powers that be know that it doesn't require them to only quash the political class to keep power, but someone out of nowhere can rise up and dethrone them if they have the public support for it. It might not be perfect yet, but it's a step towards having a free and fair democratic tradition and let's face it, the late 90s in Russia had a lot of problems but it was also the point where they were closest to reforming into something representative for the first time. It failed then, but that's no reason it should fail now in a different country.
>>
No. 21746
>>21736
>The big test will be to see what happens regarding PrivatBank which is under appeal for reprivatisation to Kolomoisky.

His connections to Kolomoisky obvious as fresh air. When he using mostly channel owned by Kolomoisky, when he using car previously owned by Kolomoisky etc.
I don't tink he is much of power or some sort of new messiah - I may guess he is weak as politican (he himself said that "I'am simple man, not politican" or something). There is heavy suspection that Ukraine soon will be turned in much more parlamentarian republic and Kolomoisky want to take this parlament. With such dude as this Zelinsky he can do it.
And in many ways he won not because for his personal achivments and skills, but because in first round all mostly voted against timoshenko and zelinsky was most powerfull from all "background" candidates, in 2nd round all voted against poroshenko - everybody tired of him, recent scandals about corruption and smuggling from russia finished him. On debates it was shown, that old oligarh who can not speak properly and who more and more looks like some sort of Breznev 2.0 who think 5 minutes before say next word - finished him.

Well only time will tell what will happen next.
>>
No. 21747
>>21746
Also, case of ПриватБанк already was "stopped untill next year" or something - so investigation groups already prepeared even before elections that Kolomoisky's boy may win.
>>
No. 21748
>>21746
>His connections to Kolomoisky obvious as fresh air.
Yes. That's why it's the influence that's still speculated, not whether he worked for the man. There are certainly areas that are dodgy and probably have dirt such as personal (offshore) finances, but third-party observers report a fair election, and while there is scrutiny on Zelenskiy, there isn't any truly condemning evidence as of yet. Does Mr. Media Mogul want to influence him? Yes. Has he? Probably to some extent. The question is to what extent since powerful figures leaning on politicians exists even in Australia and is not considered corrupt until a certain threshold is crossed (which does happen semi-regularly). You're casting the die a bit early is all I think. Also I disagree with the assertion that not thinking of him as a complete puppet until proven otherwise means that I consider him a 'messiah', if that's your implication there.

>And in many ways he won not because for his personal achivments and skills
Considering the following he managed to garner among many young voters online with his 'crowdsourced' campaign. I think again, you're overstating the impact of protest votes. There were plenty of options if they just wanted to protest vote. If all it was were not voting in X or Y, then it'd be something other than a 3-man race going into the first round of voting since they had another 45 or so to choose from. Instead we saw the 'protest votes' being unified behind a person who represented himself as forwarding certain ideas around corruption and Ukrainian political life. In fact one of the real defining traits that unified him was the fact that he didn't have political experience, seen as something akin to a shakeup in political circles. In that sense, his personal trait of being an outsider candidate who at the very least pretended to engage with and listen to the public were as important to his success as his candidates representing the same old same old.
>>
No. 21755
>>21748
>There were plenty of options if they just wanted to protest vote.
Not that much. Some was openly pro-russian, others was just absolute loosers who don't even trying to do anything.

Like this news
https://ria.ru/20190422/1552936698.html (yes this shitty russian propoganda site but actual news is confirmed in this case, just lazy fo search other sources) that some g-man from Poroshenko administration summoned for questioning/interrogation by the General Prosecuratory.
Or that case with PrivatBank was stoped right before 2nd round of voiting.
There is candidates who can really do real work with people and internet - if we had actual elections in our country, Navalny would've win in 2018, most probably, and if not - had very high numbers. But he worked for this many time, and whole year before and whole his life was political activist.
This person - some dude who appear litteraly out of nowhere 5 minutes before elections. When first time was announsed he will be on this elections I thought it same as was in USA where in sort of joke manner in 2016 like many celeberies said "I'll go to presiden election too ha ha".

I want to belive that something will happen on Ukraine, and that he will do something, but currently for me - Zlenitsky is 100% Kolomoisky's clown. Poroshenko already said that will fight for next Parlamentarial election. Their fight with Kolomoisky will continue on that field. So nothing new - same to Oligarh groups fighting for power, who doing this many many years already. There no any real democracy, even if it's better than Russia, Belarus and Kazahstan, but honestely, sort of same shit. Kolomoysky, Poroshenko, Rottenberg, Timchenko, Usmanov, Rottenbergs - all this post USSR oligarh groups who captured power when county fall apart is same tier shitty criminals, who should be elemeniated from existance together with their families - before this I has no hopes for future of CIS countries.
>>
No. 21760
Poles apparently reenacting the scene from Borat where the village children beat a Jewish effigy:

https://twitter.com/skrupulatny/status/1119936971089043456
>>
No. 21766
>>21760
Goddamnit Poland

Well to be fair, they started it and by they I mean the faggot Likudnik Israelis decided to start bothering us for money then have the audacity to repeat the "Polish death camp" lie so fuck them go bother Germany.
>>
No. 21770
>>21760
>>21766
It's an old local tradition, they're burning Judas who betrayed Jesus, not a random jew. It's not the first time Americans are butthurt about it.
>>
No. 21784
>>21770
Why did you dress him up to look like a European rabbi then?
>>
No. 21792
>>21770

Burning Marzanna/Morana like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG0yuWTaQKo

is an old, probably pagan, slavic custom. Burning a jew dummy is not.