/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 25939
248 kB, 818 × 918
I have allergies to animals like dogs and cats. They have been acting up again. I have trouble breathing, sneeze all the time, and cough.
I'm not going to drug myself in order to live. Mother refuses to put the dogs outside because they are her 'babies' or whatever.
My father will not confront her about anything, because he does not like any conflict.

I understand that this is a very personal thing, so let's make this a thread for complaints about elders generally.

I'm sorry. I don't have friends with whom to speak. Please understand this.
>>
No. 25942
My parents and my wife's parents are ultraboomers, they had it all handed to them and between the 4 of them were not able to leave anything to their children but ill will and a history of constant negativity.

My in-laws' mortgage was £7,000 for their first house and they were left a 2nd house for free. My parents had a £15,000 mortgage on their first house and paid it off and bought a 2nd house. Both sets of parents sold their first houses and spent that money on shoes, holidays, cars and caravans. Meanwhile in 2019 we're all in a housing crisis and are absolutely fucked and living in hell trying to get a mortgage of our own.
>>
No. 25943
>>25942
There are too many stories about boomers pissing away money.
I think that the old adage about hard times making hard people, good times making weak people, etc. is true.

If things are handed to you, then you probably haven't got the agency it takes to acquire those things, and will lose them one way or another.

My father never taught me lessons on life. I was just given a nintendo and later a PC. I had to learn basic things like responsibility and hard work later on. I don't think it's really his fault though.
Because I know the deficit that this has caused, I'm going to teach these things to my kids.
>>
No. 25945
>>25942
I am trying not to be angry at this

My boomer parents let the one house go completely to shit and I've been on their case about how fucking stupid it is to sell it and the land we own after they paid off the mortgage. It's in a location that'll only increase in value with global warming too.
>>
No. 25949
1,5 MB, 658 × 600
>>25943
>Because I know the deficit that this has caused, I'm going to teach these things to my kids.
I hear ya, I've bought quite a few books on tracking, hunting, skinning and survival - along with a bow and a bunch of tools that can be used without electricity. I am already teaching my kids the basics of bows, tools and how things work because my own parents basically taught me nothing - in fact they were barely literate and completely uneducated yet walked into careers in the 70s and 80s and had their mortgage paid off within 10 years. by the way you should try explaining to a 5 year old how an airbag works sometime, that's a fucking minefield of endless questions right there. Same with things like clouds

>>25945
>My boomer parents let the one house go completely to shit and I've been on their case about how fucking stupid it is to sell it and the land we own after they paid off the mortgage. It's in a location that'll only increase in value with global warming too.
boomers have no concept of value, they were basically handed security in a high trust society, they had family, they had inheritance and they probably had a lot more siblings than our generation, and they lived under far more lenient laws and less draconian shit so they did have so many safety nets compared to us. What do they do with all this security? they squander it on absolute bullshit and frivolity when they're in their 60s and 70s.

You know what I'll be doing when I'm 60 or 70? I'll be glad to have a box room in one of my kids houses or a small flat from my measly pension, I'll try not to be a bother, I'll try to pull my weight if I can. If I own property or money I'll be passing that on with a heap of life lessons instead of bitching constantly and squandering everything.
>>
No. 25953
Tbh, if my existence offends boomers and/or the establishment in general than I'm winning. They have no power here. I'm an underachiever and I'm not intending to 'grow up' and become another drone in the system. They want to get arsepained about it? Let them. That's their problem.
t. boomer immune
>>
No. 26001
If OP needs a frien, he can mail me at berndlauertdo ät gmail dot com. I can't promise to respond immediately, but I will respondze.