/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 27153 Systemkontra
233 kB, 960 × 639
121 kB, 1000 × 993
89 kB, 835 × 512
38 kB, 318 × 414
Hi everyone at /int/! We, some guys from /b/, have set up a radio server for Ernst, it is called Radio Ernstiwan, the name being a pun derived from the popular "Radio Eriwan" (or Radio Yerevan for some). Now anybody can share his music, feelings or thoughts about the industrial output of the Ottoman empire during WW1 with his fellow Ernst brothers.

The address is: http://radio-ernstiwan.tk:8000

For listening just employ your favourite software which is able to play network streams and use the links in the upper right corner when a stream is on (pic 3 related, this is the "server status"-page when a streamer is active, otherwise it's empty). If you wanna start a stream yourself you will need a streaming software. I use "butt" (not kidding), which is a lightweight stream client without much configuration: https://sourceforge.net/projects/butt/. You'll also need an account. For testing purposes I created a test account which everyone may use (IP 194.5.250.49, Port 8000, mountpoint "stream", Icecast-User source, passwort teststroem), pic 4 related. Later, you'll need a personal account, and since there is no front end for this, you can just send me a mail at ernstiwan at protonmail.ch with the username you'd like to have, I will then generate an account for you. This is also the mail address to contact me outside of EC, in case you feel the need for it.

In case you are worrying about legal issues (which you should) and streaming copyrighted stuff: Our host (cryptoho.st) is known to be DCMA-friendly (which means they don't care about complaints), the physical server location is Romania, which is also known to be a safe haven for most stuff. Since it's the internet everyone should be aware that there is no 100% certainity, but we sure did everything we knew to set up this stuff in a way no one needs to worry.

Specs of the server:
Hoster: cryptoho.st, physical location: Romania
CentOS7, 1GB Ram, 20GB drive space, shared gigabit, unlimited traffic
7€/month, payment via bitcoin
Streaming software: Icecast 2.4

Sorry for crossposting, but in this case I hope it's justified. Have fun using the radio, and stream whatever you want, there are no restrictions whatsoever. Well, maybe calling for mass murder and the likes WOULD be restricted, but you know what I mean. Just make sure you don't hog up the stream when someone else also wants to use it - üarallel users are limited to 1 by server configuration. I will start a stream for testing purposes at 19:00GMT+2 (german time) or so, it will just be a music loop, so everyone can check whether he can connect to the radio. In case you have any questions: Feel free to ask, I'll help you out as good as I can.

HEIL EC!
>>
No. 27163
Sounds interesting, I'd love to stream some stuff myself.
Maybe I'll start working on my playlist of central asian ethnic music.
>>
No. 27164
141 kB, 600 × 200
40 kB, 314 × 412
>>27163
>I'd love to stream some stuff myself
Nice, I really hope this catches on and contributes to the overall lurking pleasure, especially since the folks here at /int/ are known for quality content, which is the perfect complement to the KC tier-style content (and by that I mean old KC) I will most likely end up creating. Note: Instead of the IP in pic 4 in the OP you can of course use radio-ernstiwan.tk instead.
>Maybe I'll start working on my playlist of central asian ethnic music
Looking forward to it, I hope lots of people engage in this project! For anyone who is wondering if he should be streaming something: If you find something interesting, chances are that everyone will, so share your passions and don't worry too much about whether others will like it or not. Important is that you like it.

By the way: If anybody wants to support Radio Ernstiwan: There is no need to support financially. The best ways to support are to keep your fingers crossed that our provider stays in business and doesn't plan to screw us over, and, of course, streaming and listening, for this is what the radio was created for! In the meantime I took the freedom to steal some of your delicious OC (as seen in >>27133) and transform it into a mushroom Lenin Radio Ernstiwan ad.
>>
No. 27165
Were I not a technology retard, I'd get in on this, but I am a technology retard and can only (probably) manage to stream it :-DDD
>>
No. 27167
319 kB, 1065 × 1503
>>27165
>Were I not a technology retard, I'd get in on this
No worries, it's rather simple, besides I'm here in case anything goes wrong.
>and can only (probably) manage to stream it :-DDD
Which is all you'll ever need! In case you want to check whether you can connect to a stream as a listener, i can set up a stream right now if you like, since it must be night in Australia when I start the announced test at 19:00GMT+2.
>>
No. 27168
>>27167
It is night time. Around 10PM in fact.

I'm going to bed now anyway, so don't change the schedule for me. I have to wörk again tomorrow, and I like to have a nice big sleep instead of just cramming in barely 8 or less hours.
>>
No. 27169
>>27168
I got 4 hours of sleep and bioinformatics lecture at 9:30 :-DDDD
>>
No. 27173
Nice, maybe i try it out some time and stream some boring 80s and 90s punk and alt-rock or a bit of trip hop
>>
No. 27175
>>27173
Ok, i tested it and managed to stream my microphone but no matter what i don't get audio files to run. I assume it's an input problem but i'm not sure how to solve it.
>>
No. 27176
37 kB, 395 × 269
33 kB, 307 × 207
>>27175
Probably you have to switch input in your streaming client from "Microphone" to "Stereomix". Your client also might pick the default from your operating system if there is no extra option for it. If you can't find an option like that in your client, you might want to check the settings of your sound driver (I can access this via right-click on the sound icon in my system tray. There should be an option for recording devices. If this is set to "Stereomix" as default, you should be fine.
>>
No. 27177
>>27176
Oh, nice i had stereomix deactivated for some reason.
I'm streaming some audio right now would you check if everything sounds right? If i stream and play it i get some infinite audio loop
>>
No. 27178
33 kB, 339 × 425
39 kB, 500 × 299
98 kB, 1205 × 547
>>27177
You're online, mate, loud and clear!
>If i stream and play it i get some infinite audio loop
I know that feel :3
>>
No. 27179
>>27178
Great, thanks for the help. I closed the stream now but i'm sure going to set up a playlist and stream an hour or two in the near future.
>>
No. 27180
60 kB, 400 × 236
>>27179
>Great, thanks for the help.
You're welcome, glad we got it working!
>but i'm sure going to set up a playlist and stream an hour or two in the near future.
That's the spirit. Make sure to announce it, so everyone can plan to tune in for it. I'll also plan to do a little program, as soon I have figured out how to stream both Stereomix and Microphone at once while not annoying myself with my own voice on my headphones. At the moment I can also do either Mic or Stereomix, or do both and have both on the headphones, which is super-annoying. Maybe I need better mixing software for it, but I'm not sure yet.
>>
No. 27181
>>27180
It would be nice if we had some kind of live communication system, maybe for broadcast announcements, or even a chat room to discuss the stream.
>>
No. 27193
172 kB, 397 × 300
>>27181
>It would be nice if we had some kind of live communication system, maybe for broadcast announcements, or even a chat room to discuss the stream.
You mean as a permanent installment? I was thinking of implementing some kind of calendar, so that everyone can see when Ernst wants to make a program. There seem to be several calender services out on the web, maybe those calenders have an interface which can be polled from the web and integrated in the Ernstiwan front page, and maybe (if we ask really nice) Ernstadmin will give us a little patch of space in the EC menu for this.

If there is a need to share information besides that, we should look for an external application, or maybe I can even host a little chat system on our server - since I'm root I can install whatever I like, as long as it doesn't exceed our tiny resources - but a simple chat program probably won't. The only thing we have to watch out for in my opinion is not to spread our communication too far. It would be bad it there's the thread on EC and an external application, and both look deserted. Not sur about that though, since I have no experience with this.
>>
No. 27196
90 kB, 1200 × 1016
Teststream is on now!
>>
No. 27197
>>27193
>[...] maybe I can even host a little chat system on our server - since I'm root I can install whatever I like, as long as it doesn't exceed our tiny resources - but a simple chat program probably won't.

Hah, I guess you haven't met everyones favourite server-heater. His name is nodejs and it's really tough to get around him these days. Even for a simple chat service.

The only light, tried and true chat system that I know is the IRC protocol, but you don't want to host your own ircd - just register a channel in a properly administrated network like hackint. Not everyone likes it though so ymmv.
>>
No. 27199
50 kB, 322 × 318
>>27197
>Hah, I guess you haven't met everyones favourite server-heater. His name is nodejs
Nooo, fucking bloated js libraries. But wouldn't those only affect the client side, with javascript being executed in the browser, and not on the server? If not, I'd need some kind of servlet container (like Tomcat) for it. Or is it just spamming the server with http requests from client side? Oh wait, never mind:
Node.js lets developers use JavaScript to write command line tools and for server-side scripting—running scripts server-side to produce dynamic web page content before the page is sent to the user's web browser.
Probably not suitable for our 1-core 1GB-RAM cheapskate server :3
>just register a channel in a properly administrated network like hackint.
Absolutely no clue about IRC. It even was embarrassing when I had to set up a client to lurk in old KC IRC when downtimes became more frequent. but I guess it's a valid alternative.
>>
No. 27204
7 kB, 184 × 184
>>27199
>Probably not suitable for our 1-core 1GB-RAM cheapskate server :3

I thought it is 2GB-Ram.
>>
No. 27205
>>27196
>Teststream is on
Great job, Ernst.
t.listener
>>
No. 27208
149 kB, 1169 × 624
>>27204
>I thought it is 2GB-Ram.
You probably mean pic related: Unfortunately not. That would have been prohoster, but I switched to cryptoho.st last minute. prohoster promised a 2GB RAM-server, but my gut told me that this might be a scam, and there was something else what I didn't like, I think it was the payment method, but I already forgot. The hoster search and the peripheral stuff (getting my hands on some bitcoin, creating the mail accounts, getting the domain, creating accounts on several hosters before noticing that they were shit) was a real pain in the ass, way more work than the radio itself. Glad that it all worked out until now, and we all can enjoy some selfmade radio!

>>27205
Thanks a lot, mate! Btw I stopped streaming now, another Ernst said he wanted to try setting up a stream, so maybe we're in for more! If anybody needs another test session, just post in the thread.
>>
No. 27210
24 kB, 319 × 303
It works easily! Tbh my mixing programm does not need to be set up, butt just captures the output of my soundcard! A good and easy tool.

If Ernst is interested I will stream more electronic music the next weeks. Actual more skillful mixing is possible if I can manage cueing the next track in line with my shitty onbaord sound setup from the laptop. A few minutes ago I was just testing with old psy prog I found together with the mixing program on my old external hard drive
>>
No. 27212
75 kB, 1195 × 360
68 kB, 169 × 447
>>27204
That is our current server, it's a screenshot from the web control panel. Please be kind and save as much bandwidth as possible, we have already spent precious 225MB of our available 950PB! Somebody, please, think of the bandwidth :3

>>27210
Sounds good. I might also have to switch my stream client, since I'm not sure why I can't record/stream mic and stereomix together while only hearing stereomix on my headphones. Most likely it's because I'm clueless, I have to do some research on that.
>Actual more skillful mixing is possible
Skill is overrated :3 By the way I think today went really well. Yesterday at this time we didn't even have the server, and now we're making radio and having different Ernsts stream stuff for everyone, that's pretty ebin!
>>
No. 27213
>>27212
Oh actually wait a minute hey do you guys ever have problems with funding our server?
>>
No. 27215
>>27153
How about a subdomain?
We could talk about it, please write at the mail at the FAQ page.
>>
No. 27216
997 kB, 400 × 229, 0:02
>>27213
>Oh actually wait a minute hey do you guys ever have problems with funding our server?
Luckily, our server is really cheap, and at the moment there is no problem with funding. Only when we gain ten thousands of fans (which I am convinced will inevitably happen over the next few weeks) and then need to upgrade to a redundant physical server hosting plan, with hosts spread over several data centers, then funding might become an issue. Until then don't worry, but thanks for your concern!

>>27215
Hello Ernstadmin, will do!
>>
No. 27219 Kontra
>>27216
I'm a bit confused tbh. 1GB a month but the streaming of today was over 200mb?
>>
No. 27220 Kontra
35 kB, 704 × 512
>>27219
1GB is server RAM, bandwidth is unlimited :3 I doubt it is actually "unlimited", but the even all the limited offers I saw had at least 500GB, which basically means we can stream as long as we want. Though it might be interesting to see how multiple listeners affect bandwidth usage. There is probably no caching involved, so every packet for every listener should count as bandwidth usage - at least this makes sense in my mind. Since each client should holds it's own connection, I can't imagine a scenario where packets are sent to multiple users and still only count as one on network card level, or wherever bandwidth usage is measured - unless there is some unknown broadcast magic involved!

t. hosting pro noob
>>
No. 27221 Kontra
>>27220
>>27219
Oh wait, now I see what's confusing you: The network port ist also 1GB (gigabit ethernet, but shared with others, probably with other VMs on the same physical host), but the actual network traffic we produce per month over our shared 1GB port is unlimited.
>>
No. 27222
99 kB, 1280 × 720
>>27220
>>27221
I only understood half of it but I now know that I can spin a few sets without problems per month.

I will try to make those more varying sets by the likes of Creme Organization. Some of their sets are a wild mix of house, techno and DnB, all in different styles, but all have a similar vibe nonetheless because many of that stuff is produced with analog gear, so their is no harsh cut between the tracks or an unpleasent change the sound picture overall. The DJ Console has a soundcard built in so pluggin in the USB cable is all I need to start mixing and broadcasting, perhaps already this week.
>>
No. 27246
23 kB, 384 × 274
Breaking news: Ernstadmin configured an EC-subdomain for the radio, it can now also be reached via http://radio.ernstchan.xyz:8000 :3

>>27222
>hat I can spin a few sets without problems per month.
Let the wires glow!
>so pluggin in the USB cable is all I need to start mixing and broadcasting
Currently I'm struggling a little on that field. Still looking for a suitable software which lets me combine mic input with stereomix for the stream, without sending the mic to the headphone. Unfortunately butt just lets you pick 1 channel to stream, so you can broadcast either stereomix or micro, and when you add your mic to stereomix via sound driver settings, you always have your voice on your headphones, which sucks. mixxx seems promising right now, and it can also easily connect to Icecast, but I have to run more tests to see if it really does what I want.
>>
No. 27260
>>27246
Well apparently my coughs were audible via mic array yesterday. butt captured the whole mix from mic perhaps routed to output and output. What you need is a routing of your mic into the output via a software that lets you record your mic and plays it back. Not sure if mixxx is capable of that.
you don't need icecast for broadcasting I think? Because butt did it all the sound transmission afaik. Yet I had the settings dialed in the Traktor mixing software. But you are doing the same for butt, so...

What about Audacity and mic recording? But play the music via winamp or whatever. Or look up tutorials about mic line-in with immediate playback and how to set it up.
>>
No. 27267
>>27260
https://mixxx.org/manual/latest/en/chapters/user_interface.html#the-microphone-section

It's very convinient when using mixxx and I can also suggest mixxx. Especially for beginners.
>>
No. 27287
80 kB, 1182 × 476
I added a message to the status page in case there's no stream online, along with sleeping Ernstwurf for maximum cuteness.

>>27260
> butt captured the whole mix from mic perhaps routed to output
Yes, as far as I understand that is only possibe by twerking audio channels outside of butt, because butt only streams one channel. Recording and playing back both mic and stereomix can be done via sound driver, when I add the mic to the stereomix, but that means including the mic output on my headphones, which of course isn't good. There are probably ways to fix this without using another software, but as always I'm too lame to do it, so it will be additional mixing software for me. I have to try what chvk wrote about his setup on /b/, in case mixxx fails me.
>Not sure if mixxx is capable of that.
I managed to do a recording with mixxx which recorded mic and stereomix while only sending stereomix to my headphones. Only downside is that it had some automatic damping function for stereomix when I started talking on the mic. Neat feature, but I'm not sure yet if I want it that way. I have to do more experimenting, I'm sure there will be a solution for it, and since there are a few different people who already announced that they will prepare a stream, I might switch my priority to finding a good calendar widget, so it will be easier for everyone to coordinate our activities.

>>27267
Yes, this was exactly the part I was fiddling around with, and so far it looks promising. Not sure yet if I can get rid of that damping, it's a nice feature for music, but if I ever stream and include live calls, it would be bad if people get damped when I talk. Not that I plan to do that right away, but I want to keep all possible options available.
>>
No. 27289
mixing live synthetic beats for postmodern tribes and druggies

Let me know if you can actually hear the stream or if its too low in volume, the setup here is guessworking for me.

Stream will last 1-2h
>>
No. 27290
15 kB, 208 × 171
>>27289
Cool, I'll be there!
>>
No. 27291
>>27290
cool, first trance perhaps later more psychedelic and heavier but still tryin to trance, if the audio gets transmissioned
>>
No. 27292
>>27289
Not my thing, but I'm curious to see how it goes. I'll try and connect.
>>
No. 27294
>>27291
I can connect, but there's no sound yet. Yesterday I could hear everything when you streamed.
>>
No. 27296
>>27294
shit, thats the case with the dj console being a soundcard then, perhaps I can find a way around that
>>
No. 27297
>>27296
I'll be afk for half an hour or so, in case you are starting again, so don't worry if there's no immediate feedback.
>>
No. 27298
>>27297
might work now but I'm not sure it's really loud enough. Fucking audio routing, I hate this shit.
>>
No. 27302
>>27298
re, sorry, that took much longer than I expected. I can hear something now, but it sounds like background noise.
>>
No. 27303
>>27302
more like somebody listen over his phones in the train and you have to listen to it as well?
>>
No. 27304
>>27303
It's just static noise
>>
No. 27306
>>27304
maybe because I have a Kabelbruch in my cable that is routed as mic in

Fucking shit is I cannot test it myself can I? Frustrating to make something with an ordinary computer when it comes to more professional music setups
>>
No. 27308
47 kB, 400 × 264
>>27306
>Fucking shit is I cannot test it myself can I?
Depends on what exactly you want to test. If you just want to test if yor mic works properly, you can mix it into the output and just listen to it. Better do it with headphones, though, to avoid a feedback loop.
>>
No. 27309
2,6 MB, 854 × 480, 0:26
>>27306
You can open the stream while you're streaming. You will only get an infinite loop but you should be able to hear if it's music or static. You might also be able to get the stream to run on your phone to avoid the loop problem.

Also, have this video of your stream i made.
>>
No. 27310
>>27309
I found out how I can stream via icecast from Traktor I think, tell me when you are ready to tell me if you hear something :DDD
>>
No. 27311
35 kB, 377 × 561
>>27310
I hear you loud and clearly!
>>
No. 27312
179 kB, 680 × 598
>>27311
perfect!
>>
No. 27313
1,0 MB, 322 × 606, 0:04
Nice groove!
>>
No. 27314
111 kB, 1219 × 577
17 kB, 460 × 276
Holy shit, I just found out that you can listen in your browser when you click on this link. Never really noticed that.
>>
No. 27315
>>27313
Bedankt!

>>27314
Not sure if this is due to Traktor? Maybe not.
>>
No. 27318
6 kB, 193 × 197
A little announcement: I won't be able to attend to the radio over the weekend. It should not pose a problem though, until now this stuff looks kinda stable, I only ever restarted the server because I did config changes, and never for a technical reason. It should also start up after a VM reboot, although I haven't tried that yet. So I hope it will survive the weekend on it's own. I'll be back on sunday afternoon, and I should have plenty of time next week to continue work - this time without interruptions I hope.

As far as I see it, the most important thing on the work list is creating a calendar where you can announce streams. The offers I checked are almost all for wordpress-based pages, don't know why though. I didn't try google calendar yet, because, well, google.

Another thing is - if Ernstadmin is ok with it of course - some type of integration for EC. I might try to create something by myself here. All the pages Icecast delivers are based on xsl templates, and it should be pretty easy even for IQ89 radio admins like me to create a new one which just returns the name of the active streamer, maybe even with a link to the stream, or some static string like "offline" instead. I also think Phutaba is based on Python, so maybe I can work out a little code snippet which just reads the stuff from the to-be-created status page, so we could have a little icon or a textbox somewhere on EC where everyone could see if there's a stream online, and maybe even connect per mouse click. Not sure if I can get this to work, but for now it sounds possible to me.

I'll leave the testaccount active until sunday evening or so, I think that would be a good time to switch to the personal accounts. Until now there's never been a problem with the testaccount, but since the password is public, some hater might use it to block the stream or whatever, so I still think using personalized accounts is preferrable. While testing a newly created account I saw that I could connect to the server while someone else was already streaming, I thought that wasn't even possible. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature though, my thoughts were that there should only be one channel on the radio, because there's no point in having competition when the userbase is small like ours.

So have fun and happy streaming, save some of the good stuff for sunday :3

>>27315
Should be a server feature, most likely I just overlooked it all the time.
>>
No. 27319
>>27318
>I saw that I could connect to the server while someone else was already streaming

So you have two streams running simultaneously? Sounds pretty good actually to have 2 or 3 different streams to avoid the same person streaming 12 hours per day becomming a problem.
>>
No. 27320
>>27319
Yes, there were two streams at the same time: 1 from the current streamer, and one by me while testing a newly created account. I thought that was denied by server config, but it isn't, but just as you say: Maybe that's a good thing.
>>
No. 27321
It's kinda fun to spin some records and maybe some Ernst can listen to while he lurks.
I will vary the style in the future as I'm looking forward to spin some more unusual stuff that's not as easy to mix as this.
>>
No. 27347
56 kB, 750 × 553
To keep the radio active and to make sure my account is working i stream some Me First And The Gimme Gimmes now.
If there's a problem with the stream or if you want to stream something you actually put some tought and work in, let me know.
>>
No. 27352
1,5 MB, 3000 × 1559
Here's a windows program some ernsts might find useful: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
It's a virtual audio cable that creates a virtual sound input device, and a sound playback device.

You can use the input device as a target for whatever application you are playing sound with, and it will be streamed to the playback device. That way you can play audio into the stream without having to listen to it yourself or polluting the signal with any audio that is happening on any other device. You can listen to it by checking "listen to this device".
>>
No. 27353 Kontra
>>27352
Forgot to add, the main benefit of this is that it functions as a generic device / driver that is controlled through the default windows sound menu, no separate shell required and just werks with any program where you can pick sound output device.
>>
No. 27360
Getting some 90s and 00s Hip-Hop going in ~20 min
Enjoy some instrumentals till then
>>
No. 27361
>>27360
Oh Hai. Wie lange wirst du strömen? Wollte gerade testen ob ich mit meinem Acc strömen kann und habe mich gewundert warum ich die ganze Zeit rausfliege. Wollte ab 8 aber mach ruhig solange du willst.
>>
No. 27362
>>27361
Sollte eigentlich mehr als einer streamen können.
Bis um 8 bin ich auf jeden Fall fertig, wenn sich kein Publikum findet vermutlich schon in 30min oder so.
>>
No. 27363
31 kB, 541 × 420
>>27362
Hmm ich bin irgendwie zu blöd. Ich mache das mit Edcast. Mit dem Testström gings perfekt. Bin mir nicht ganz sicher wo ich was eintragen muss.
Bildrelatiert geht schonmal nicht.
Kann mir vielleicht jemand helfen?
Sonst muss ich halt vorerst noch den Testström verwenden.
>>
No. 27364
6 kB, 303 × 308
>>27363
I have my username in the mount field, maybe that's your peoblem?
>>
No. 27365
>>27364
Problem is that I want to use edcast. I tried it with butt but butt (haha) won't let me play music via voicemeeter.
I'll just use Teststroem for now.
Thx though and also listening.
>>
No. 27366
>>27365
I'm going to end it in 10min then you can take over
>>
No. 27367
>>27366
Allright. Then I'll play my 3h electronic Set playlist I made for today :3
>>
No. 27368
>>27367
Ending now.
I stick around and listen a bit to your stream.
>>
No. 27369
>>27368
On Air!
>>
No. 27389
>>27318
>I also think Phutaba is based on Python
It's based on Perl.
We can talk about that in the Phutaba development thread in /meta/.
As a side-note, I could think about some new radio board, where people could announce their special transmissions, where they could talk to hosts if there is some talk with listeners available, and so on.
>>
No. 27417
>>27389
I think it would be best to first do this in the regular board for a time to see how many people actually partake in the radio threads.
Otherwise I fear it will end up ignored as just another tab at the top.

Alternatively, have one radio thread on /int/ and /b/ where announcements are put regarding shows and then an extra board for discussion if the post frequency gets too much for single threads or people want a better archive...
>>
No. 27419
What about embedding the radio status on the top bar?
Just to know if anyone is streaming or not without having to check.
>>
No. 27421
>>27419
Yep, waiting for this as well.
>>
No. 27423
28 kB, 400 × 282
I'm back, good to see the server is still online. Seems like our hoster is doing a good job.

>>27389
>We can talk about that in the Phutaba development thread in /meta/.
Will do, I will prepare a simple status page, and then we can see what we can do, thanks again for your support!

>>27352
That sounds good, maybe I can use that with my butt streaming client.

>>27369
Noooo, missed it ;_;

>>27417
>I think it would be best to first do this in the regular board for a time to see how many people actually partake in the radio threads.
Sounds reasonable for me. If the radio gains more popularity, then we can still ask for a sub-board. At the moment we have lots of volunteers for streaming, which is awesome, bit still there is only a limited amount of potential listeners.

>>27419
>>27421
I also think that is a good idea, I will start working on some kind of status page which can be polled by an external source (like EC), should not be too complicated.
>>
No. 27429
25 kB, 652 × 55
Btw. I will stream now for some time just to have some data for experimenting with my status page. I'll just play my Therion playlist, which is a band I enjoy very much (well, most of the time). Symphonic metal would be the best description I think, so certainly not everyone's favourite stuff. If you want to stream yourself in the meantime, just notify me, I'll disconnect then.

Also: Man, the internet is a dangerous place!
>>
No. 27430
>>27429
Why would someone bruteforce your server?
>>
No. 27431
27 kB, 475 × 268
>>27430
Guess it's just automated scan scripts which look for open port 22 and try the most common passwords. Good thing I chose start123 as root pw, they'll never figure that one out!
>>
No. 27433 Kontra
>>27363
I don't think you need the .ogg in the mountpoint, have you tried connecting without it?
>>
No. 27434 Kontra
FYI: I will stop streaming in 10-15 minutes or so.
>>
No. 27439
67 kB, 700 × 715
67 kB, 770 × 770
13 kB, 500 × 500
Streming some good ol' Portishead
>>
No. 27440
44 kB, 395 × 500
44 kB, 405 × 348
>>27439
I'm in!

Also thanks Ernstadmin for the top level menu link, didn't notice until now!
>>
No. 27441
>>27440
>I'm in!

Welcome friend!
>>
No. 27445 Kontra
>>27441
Ending the stream now.
In the next few days when i find the time and no one else is streaming i might stream some other artists.
Someone interested in the Bee Gees (before they went disco)?
>>
No. 27448
181 kB, 498 × 333
>>27445
Thanks for streaming! I'm basically interested in anything what Ernst thinks might be interesting. The less I know it, the better.
>>
No. 27463
I might stream an album later today.
What sounds more interesting, tuvan throat singing live concert, kazakh folk jazz fusion, or 70s pop music from kazakh SSR?
>>
No. 27464
>>27463
I'd be interested to hear how "kazakh folk jazz fusion" sounds.
>>
No. 27465
>>27464
>>27463
This is some pretty trippy sounding stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x3IrzO7lKM
Also you guys have a really weird way of spelling Jazz. Dzhaz? I guess it works.
>>
No. 27466
>>27463
I already have some mongolian throat singing in my library...
Kazakh folk jazz sounds interesting and new, so it got my vote.
>>
No. 27467
>>27464
>>27466
Allright, I think I'll stream at the usual time, which is 23:00 GMT +6 (19:00 GMT +2)

>>27465
That's actually the 70s pop LP I was talking about.
It has some psychedelic influences at the beginning because one member of the band was into that, but then quickly reverts back to regular pop music. Shame tbh, could've been something.
>>
No. 27468
151 kB, 1159 × 815
>>27463
>What sounds more interesting, tuvan throat singing live concert, kazakh folk jazz fusion, or 70s pop music from kazakh SSR?
Sounds all great to me, this will surely be an interesting experience.

>>27467
>I'll stream at the usual time, which is 23:00 GMT +6 (19:00 GMT +2)
I'll be there! Btw I took the freedom to enter this in our newly created calendar, which is available as a subpage on the radio server. Somehow this calendar solution feels a little clumsy, because this way everyone who wants to enter a stream has to register with the external provider (https://www.zoho.eu), and I have to add his registration mail address to the calendar admins, but for now I don't have an idea how this can be simplified. I already have given calendar admin privileges to everyone's mail adresses who wrote me to get a personalized streaming account, but technically it's no requirement to have one.
>>
No. 27470
>>27468
I made an entry in the calendar and wondered, is there a standard timezone we should aim for? I went with GMT+1 now but having a standard would be good.
>>
No. 27471
>>27470
Oh, and after checking i noticed that my entry only appears on calendar.zoho.eu/mycalendar but not on the radio site, seems like i can't edit the ernstiwan calendar i only get its entries shown in my calendar
>>
No. 27472
75 kB, 943 × 551
>>27471
Damn, I feared something like this would happen. The Zoho site is perfectly unclear about what people can do with their "delegate or manage" privileges. I'll try to find out if there's anything I missed. If not, we might have to dump this solution. The "allow event requisition"-button in the screenshot looks tempting, but this only seems to enable some kind of web form, where a new event can be requested, and I'll probably still have to approve it.
>>
No. 27474
56 kB, 930 × 419
OK, I think I might have figured it out what the problem was: When you create a new event, the calendar option defaults to your private calendar. You have to switch this to "ernstiwan(others)", then it appears in the radio calendar. I tried this with another account I set up for testing purposes, so it should (hopefully) work for everyone.

Anyone who has gotten a "group calendar invitation" or something like that in the meantime can ignore it, that was just another solution I was testing.
>>
No. 27475
>>27474
Ok, i managed to switch the entry over into the other calendar and it seems to work
>>
No. 27476 Kontra
>>27475
I'm >>27471 btw i forgot that i had my VPN switched on for different reasons.
>>
No. 27477
52 kB, 663 × 286
>>27475
Great, this should do it for now. Remaining calendar issues: There does not seem to be a difference between event creation and event modification, so everyone can basically modify or delete everyone else's events. That is not good, for someone with malicious intentions could delete all events, no matter who created them. I don't think that is too bad right now, because the damage potential isn't that big. Maybe I'll write the developers and ask if they can implement this, surely we are not the only ones who could use that.

Also, there's still the time zone question. I don't have a strong opinion here, but for me it makes sense just go with the same time as Ernstchan itself, since it would be confusing to have stream dates differ from post dates. So I suggest UTC+2 / german time. For international users: This can be configured in the Zoho user personal information tab (pic related).
>>
No. 27478 Kontra
140 kB, 379 × 440, 0:00
Oh, and another thing I just saw: Zoho keeps a changelog for events, and it displays the username of the user who did it - which is the mail address you signed up with! So better do not use your private mail or any mail you don't want the other calendar users to know about!
>>
No. 27485
48 kB, 750 × 435
302 kB, 300 × 230, 0:00
Alright, streaming some tracks with 909 drums, since it's 09.09.19 trance and probably house or older techno, I will have to use youtube as well.
>>
No. 27486
>>27485
Forgot about the calendar, do I have to stop around 19:00?
>>
No. 27489
43 kB, 300 × 300
>>27485
Tuning in!

>>27486
Technically not, the radio supports multiple streams, but I suggest to somehow adjust the timeslots so that the listeners don't have to decide which stream to listen to. Maybe Kazakhbro can start later, or you split your stream at 19:00 and pick up after Kazakhbro has finished. That was my initial thought why I wanted only 1 stream to be active at any time: We are few in numbers here on EC, and in my opinion it doesn't make sense to have multiple streams at once. Still, it's good that it's technically possible, so nobody can block the stream.
>>
No. 27490
77 kB, 800 × 800
>>27489
Yeah, I understand. But at least I noticed it before it was to late. It's fine. I will end before 19.00 because I can lay down and rest my back again, also take a stroll before and move my body.
>>
No. 27491
>>27486
Well, I guess I'm fine with first come first serve.
I'll just go after you.
Although, now I'm concerned that streaming jazzy folk songs right after techno might result in auditory whiplash.
I may stream a kazakh punk rock album, or an atmospheric post rock album instead, dunno.

Also, I just had an idea for Ernstchan musical show and tell - I've always preferred to listen to music in album format, so perhaps we could have ernsts streaming some of their favorite albums, while we discuss the album live in some kind of chat or IRC. I used to participate in such things back in 2010 on 4kanker /mu/, it was quite fun.
>>
No. 27492
>>27491
I was streaming 2 whole albums with a hand full of meh songs kicked out yesterday, i actually kinda like it that way too but i also see why people wouldn't want that
>>
No. 27493
>>27491
Oh just playing this last one I turned on now, I don't now if the tracks all have 909 drums, mostly guessing, sometimes I know it sometimes I'm mistaken as a listener should have heard. A musical break like this can be good, also there will be a few minutes of silence in between since I will stop at 18:55 German time

Electronic music I listen to rarely has albums, only Drexciya and the aliases have truly magnificent concept albums. I always want to listen to Cellar Automata in full length, it's machinic dry electro techno for scientists and lab rats.
>>
No. 27494
342 kB, 340 × 244, 0:00
>>27490
Don't worry, I think it's pretty awesome to actually have the need to adjust streaming timeslots. I initially feared that no one would want to use the radio at all, but it's great to be proven wrong. Also: I'd be the last person in the world to tell anybody how to use the radio. If Ernst wants to have more than one stream at once, I'm completely fine with that. In the end, it comes down to your own choice how you like our radio the most.

>>27491
>Although, now I'm concerned that streaming jazzy folk songs right after techno might result in auditory whiplash.
Just stream whatever you like, I think listeners can handle the genre switch. In this case, diversity actually might be a strength.
>I may stream a kazakh punk rock album, or an atmospheric post rock album instead, dunno.
Sounds all good to me, looking forward to it.
>so perhaps we could have ernsts streaming some of their favorite albums, while we discuss the album live in some kind of chat or IRC
Now I fear being exposed as the musical retard I am :3
>>
No. 27495
Ok, if the stream is now vacant (and not just a technical issue), I'll go live at :50.

Also, pro gamer tip: if you put "stream" into the URL field, and change stream codec to OGG/Vorbis, the stream playback bar will be embedded into the radio web page right in the browser.
>>
No. 27496 Kontra
Live now
>>
No. 27497
91 kB, 500 × 500
That stuff sounds pretty cool.

>>27495
>if you put "stream" into the URL field, and change stream codec to OGG/Vorbis, the stream playback bar will be embedded into the radio web page right in the browser
Ah, so that is what makes the internal player appear. I had been wondering if I had overlooked it before.
>>
No. 27498
>>27497
Yeah, I was experimenting with the stream a few days ago figuring out all the features, just streaming some stuff to myself at like 6 AM. (that's why the stream description is wrong, I set it a few days ago and apparently you can't change it after you go live).
For some reason, I like the way music sounds compressed and played back through the browser like that, lol. It mellows out the highs a bit.
>>
No. 27499
31 kB, 371 × 272
>>27498
>Yeah, I was experimenting with the stream a few days ago figuring out all the features, just streaming some stuff to myself at like 6 AM
Cool, it's good when people do some field testing, since the Icecast setup is pretty basic, didn't do many changes there.
>that's why the stream description is wrong, I set it a few days ago and apparently you can't change it after you go live
Dude, just never change it, "Tuvan throat singing" is the best description ever, no matter what is actually playing :3
>>
No. 27502
33 kB, 601 × 599
Here's a link if anyone wants to download the album.
https://mega.nz/#!0JR20SII!M3a_F1-_Pme7Nq2JTBtEFh7IBkMWnh7h96NvbE7B7lo

Youtube version that I uploaded a while ago on a throwaway account:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJeVp4RXqBg

There's about three tracks left (~10 min), so if anyone wants to stream, please announce it.
Otherwise I'll just stream another album (local post-metal)
>>
No. 27504
117 kB, 1341 × 588
1,2 MB, 320 × 240, 0:04
>>27502
Go on, that is good stuff good. Somehow I expected Kazakh folk musik not to be that easy accessible, but then I probably didn't know what to expect. Also: I think that's the most listeners the radio ever had.

>Otherwise I'll just stream another album (local post-metal)
Metal is always good!
>>
No. 27505
55 kB, 960 × 540
>tl note:shaitankotak means "Satan's cock"
Does this basically mean you're streaming Satan's cock through your butt right now? Or do you use another streaming client?
>>
No. 27506
65 kB, 382 × 382
Streaming some ShaitanKutak.
Two LPs: Summer and Allah Has Forsaken Us

>>27504
Yes, kazakh folk music is pretty accessible on its own, and this was a contemporary jazzy arrangement too.
Kazakh post-metal, on another hand, isn't very accessible :-DDDD

>>27505
Indeed I use butt.
>>
No. 27507
>>27506
>Indeed I use butt.
That makes a great advertising slogan: "Radio Ernstiwan - where Satan's cock goes through your butt".

>Kazakh post-metal, on another hand, isn't very accessible :-DDDD
That's a good thing, because we have an elitist reputation to build, so we need to stream stuff that no one can relate to :-D
>>
No. 27509
135 kB, 500 × 451
Shaitankotak LPs over.
I hope they gave a good idea of what it feels like to live in an impoverished mining town in an irradiated post soviet shithole with ruined ecology, surrounded by an endless steppe, indifferent blue skies, and a scorching sun.

I'll play half a punk album and wrap it up. Thanks everyone, it was fun.
Next time I'll do something different, maybe a selection from my psychedelic / stoner / doom sludge metal collection, or some generally post soviet stuff like GrOB and Kino.
>>
No. 27510
100 kB, 500 × 500
>bishara baldar - kazakh punk
I was just thinking that Satan's cock has left the building.

>>27509
>I hope they gave a good idea of what it feels like to live in an impoverished mining town in an irradiated post soviet shithole with ruined ecology, surrounded by an endless steppe, indifferent blue skies, and a scorching sun.
I'm pretty sure it also included being raped by a bear at some point. But I enjoyed it - no surprise since I'm a metal fan.
>Thanks everyone, it was fun.
Many thanks to you, this was pretty good stuff!
>>
No. 27511
>>27510
Bishara baldar translates to "hobo children" :-DDD. The album includes such titles as "don't eat dick" and "I love swine meat" :-DDD.

I'll upload the albums later if anyone is interested, I'll have to dig up my mega account again.
>>
No. 27518
136 kB, 1711 × 657
74 kB, 1722 × 285
Just noticed that I can see some additional info about the streams in the admin area. It's even possible to update the stream metadata from here. By the way: I'm not kicking/disconnecting anyone, every once and a while the stream seems to be off for a second, and then my VLC reconnects automatically. Not sure if this is a server issue.
>>
No. 27523
Do you guys want to listen Azerbaijani metal, rap and electronic?
>>
No. 27524
>>27511
Is dropping the last a in bala to create baldar an oddity of the specific word? Or am I missing something here?
>>
No. 27525
10 kB, 282 × 319
>>27523
Sign me up!
>>
No. 27526
>>27525
Ok what do you guys want first
Pls no electronic because I have zero playlist about it
>>
No. 27528
67 kB, 468 × 457
>>27526
Just give it your best shot. And when I say "best", I of course mean "worst"!
>>
No. 27545
>>27518
I noticed the disconnection issue as well, after I ended the streaming. Could also be the hospital wlan making problems or me closing the laptop again, but that seems quite off tbh.
>>
No. 27547
>>27524
It's sort of a shortening that is used in informal speech in some words with repeating syllables.
It's grammatically incorrect, technically, but sometimes people say it that way because "Balalar" is awkward to pronounce in certain contexts.

>>27518
>>27545
I don't think I experienced that while streaming myself (I use butt to stream and foobar to listen), maybe it's an issue with your particular software setup, or connection.

btw, VLC sucks :-DDD
>>
No. 27548
1,2 MB, 320 × 240, 0:02
Question: I said a few days ago that I want to disable the test account, but I thought about it this morning, and maybe we can try just leaving it as it is. This way we still can have spontaneous streams by anybody (since people do seem to make use of it) as well as regular streamers using their personal account, with which they can't be blocked by anybody else. Testaccount would just work like "first come first serve". What do you think about this?

>>27545
Hmm, I hope this won't be a recurring issue, since that would be pretty annoying for everyone whose stream client has no automatic reconnect. I will have a look it the Icecast config if there are parameters which might affect this.

>>27547
>btw, VLC sucks :-DDD
Noooo, VLC stronk!!1 :-D
>>
No. 27549
>>27548
Butt reconnects at least looking at the protocol.
Also I still use the test account because I'm an lazy ass :DDD as long as no trouble is done with it I pledge for it being active as spontaneous stream account. Because that's what I like best in my situation. I will probably and there might be users who do no stream regulary who can use it then stream tonight again, because I have nothing to do all day more or less atm and can listen to some music without skipping heavily as usual but not uncommon for electronic music since most tracks are built by a formula that suits them for mixing anyway.
>>
No. 27551
113 kB, 553 × 512
I got rid of my mixxx micropone damping issue. Turned out to be a layer 8 problem, just as expected: It was just a button I needed to press (twice), and it was gone, it's a feature for speakers to talk over music which is activated by default, and for sure it's quite useful in some cases.

>>27549
>I'm an lazy ass :DDD
So is me, and probably everybody else, so the test account will stay :D
>>
No. 27552
>>27551
>speakers to talk over music which is activated by default

It's typical setup for radio and weddings so as not to get interferings from music and speaker too much

I cannot reach the Ernstiwan page in the OP but can connect via butt, whats going on their? Is it the freaking hospital?
>>
No. 27553
>>27552
Strange. Can you connect via radio.ernstchan.xyz:8000?
>>
No. 27554
>>27553
>The address wasn’t understood

>Waterfox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (radio.ernstchan.xyz) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

>You might need to install other software to open this address.

>http://radio-ernstiwan.tk:8000/

is not found
>>
No. 27556
200 kB, 618 × 581
>>27554
Not really sure what the problem is here. DNS must be OK, otherwise you couldn't connect via butt. Must be some kind of effect between Waterfox and the hospital network. I assume there were no problems with Waterfox from your home network?

Just for fun you could try http://194.5.250.49:8000, though that should yield the same result.
>>
No. 27557
>>27556
it was working yesterday evening

but with the ip it works :3
>>
No. 27558
3 kB, 680 × 510, 0:00
36 kB, 419 × 272
>>27557
>but with the ip it works :3
OK now I'm completely puzzled. Just when I thought it couldn't be a DNS issue, evidence suggests that it is a DNS issue.
>>
No. 27563
18 kB, 499 × 449
Trying out the possibility of multiple streams by playing a German classic. Let me know if it's too loud or quite
>>
No. 27566
>>27563
Ah, so accounts function as their own separate stations.
In that case maybe I should get an account of my own, wouldn't want to hog the public station tbh.

Something tells me that having a station for each user isn't the right way to do it, and hosts are supposed to connect through some middleware interface, but eh. What works is what works.
>>
No. 27567
>>27563
I saw 2 streams on the status page, but when I switched to the 2nd one(description Tuvan throat singing), Westerhagen disappeared. Not sure if you stopped streaming or if one was kicked off. Anyway, the volume on Westernhagen was about right. I listen to everything with the volume turned down to 1, so if you make adjustments then quieter would be better than louder.
>>
No. 27568
37 kB, 484 × 194
>>27566
>Ah, so accounts function as their own separate stations.
Yes, they have their own mountpoints.
>Something tells me that having a station for each user isn't the right way to do it
Not sure about it either. We can experiment with the values in the icecast config to see which is the most suitable configuration. I just checked the config and guess what: It seems that I never actually limited the possible sources to 1 (I thought I did, but I did not), since there's still 2 in the config. So it makes sense that there could be 2 sources streaming at once.

For now I think we have the following options:

1. have no user accounts, just one stream for everybody
Pro: Good for listeners, never worry about who is streaming. Con: Someone might block the stream, especially when the password is public

2. have user accounts and the public mountpoint
Pro: account owners everyone can always stream when they want, and everyone can still use the public stream. Con: More that one stream divides listeners, also listeners have to actively look who is online - maybe we can get rid of this issue with the EC front side integration, which might be able to show the available streams and hopefully include a direct link to them, so it wil look like "Kazakh Ernst - Satan's Cock - [link]". Not sure if we can pull it off though.

I have no strong opinion about which way is best here, I think time will tell.

>>27567
>but when I switched to the 2nd one(description Tuvan throat singing), Westerhagen disappeared
Same with me. I was just about to open the stream, but then the stream was gone, probably just stopped.
>>
No. 27570
>>27567
>Not sure if you stopped streaming or if one was kicked off

>>27568
>I was just about to open the stream, but then the stream was gone,

You still know the time? Because i stopped streaming at around 18:15 (GMT+2)
>>
No. 27571
>>27570
I think I was a little later, I just saw Kazakh-Ernsts stream and wanted to tune in, but then it was gone.
>>
No. 27572
I'll be streaming an egor letov album and a Kino album later, tune in if you're interested in post soviet rock.
>>
No. 27573
347 kB, 826 × 1024
>>27572
I'll be there!
>>
No. 27574
>>27570
>You still know the time?
I remember switching streams about ten minutes before I posted, so based on my post time of 16:24(GMT), I think you just coincidentally stopped streaming when I was on the page :D.
>>
No. 27575
>>27568
>EC front side integration

The last thing which is really missing tbh.

I'd say the test stream is good as long someone is trolling or not sticking to the rules of the calendar. Because spontaneous public streaming is whoever comes first. I thought about streaming another going randomly thru one of my lists, but kazhakh announced it first / streams first and want to keep my streak and listen another part of a deleuze lecture today.
And for me one stream is preferable, feels more like a local broadcasting station then. I'm cool with not being able to stream because somebody else is streaming 80s pop or obscure psychedelic rock just a genre place holder here, my knowledge on that music is just nearly non existent from former soviet countries or whatever else there is to stream.
>>
No. 27576
47 kB, 1000 × 1000
237 kB, 1000 × 1000
live now.

>>27575
Tbh I'm open to negotiation on streaming times, since I'm basically NEET anyway, and first come first serve is unfair when dealing with someone who spends the whole day at the computer :-DDDD.
Right now I'm just figuring stuff out as far as music lineup goes, I'm fine with downtime if somebody else wants to stream, gives me more time for research to set up a more comprehensive selection.
I agree though that having one mountpoint would be tidier, but then there would have to be an interface for multiple people to stream to the mount point. Not sure if that is easy to set up.
>>
No. 27577
>>27575
>as long someone is trolling or not sticking to the rules of the calendar.

At some point there might be some moderation needed to make sure this is not happening. Right now with those 4 or 5 people actually streaming there isn't a big problem but if the numbers should be rising that will change.
>>
No. 27578 Kontra
>>27577
I always forget to turn off my VPN before posting
>>
No. 27585
1,8 MB, 400 × 214, 0:04
Once again, good stuff!
>>
No. 27586
>>27585
Thanks.
About 10 minutes left, and I'll be wrapping up.
Not sure which direction to go for the next stream. More accessible or more abrasive?

Not going to call dibs on stream time for the next days, don't want to hog. Will probably assemble a playlist of some kind.
>>
No. 27587
>>27586
>More accessible or more abrasive?
Just pick what you like best, chances are everyone else will like it, too. And even if I don't like it: Sometimes it's still good to hear stuff you wouldn't listen to normally, it widens my view.
>Not going to call dibs on stream time for the next days, don't want to hog.
Don't worry, even if you were online 24/7, everyone else can still ask in the thread if they can have a timeslot, so it's not like you are taking away anything from anyone. I still am thrilled that we even have to worry about this kind of stuff. When creating the radio I thought that most likely no one would ever want to stream. It feels good to see that people participate and enjoy themselves!
>>
No. 27589
>>27587
Well, tbh, streaming is a pretty good excuse for me to clear out my music backlog :-DDD.
Albums I've only skimmed through and never intently listened to make for good streaming material. The pressure of being live prevents me from just dropping the album or skipping around, so I'm forced to listen through it from start to finish. Which is the way G-d intended for music to be listened to.

I've even thought of maybe buying a CD player and burning my own CDs or something. This bad habit of just scrobbling through music on youtube or some random playlist is hurting my musical development.
>>
No. 27601
>>27587
>worries

Well, I can either DJ a bit, which is nice, tho I never was a DJ I played that progressive psytrance on private parties and also techno in a real club once or listen to the stuff I gathered over the years in my Yotube lists, which is also cool, because I often just skip thru them. Here in hospital I have to lay in bed quite a lot, since sitting hurts my back quite much, so listening to something is preferred over reading all day. When I'm at home I might stream when doing something that requires music playing in the background or DJ for an hour or two.
>>
No. 27603
1,1 MB, 1:09
>>27589
>This bad habit of just scrobbling through music on youtube or some random playlist is hurting my musical development.
Guilty as charged. The few occasions where I listen through full albums, it makes me notice how they often are more than just the sum of their songs. I never noticed until now that radio is a good way to pop my own musical bubble I've placed myself in.

>>27601
>Well, I can either DJ a bit, which is nice, tho I never was a DJ
Sounds good. So that will involve live mixing and working with effects and stuff? t. no clue about DJing
>I played that progressive psytrance on private parties and also techno in a real club once or listen to the stuff I gathered over the years in my Yotube lists
I like how each streamer has a completely different musical background, that surely will lead to a diversified (and thus more interesting) radio program.
>Here in hospital I have to lay in bed quite a lot, since sitting hurts my back quite much, so listening to something is preferred over reading all day.
I remember bringing my SNES emulator and playing Seiken Densetsu 3 and other stuff during my hospital visits. Good times, eased a lot of worries back then. No serious worries though, it was always just about sitting things out and waiting to get better.
>>
No. 27604
>>27603
The good thing about electronic music, that is made for dancing/moving, is that single tracks stand usually for their own and don't need a particular context. I will stream some conceptual works one day tho, music that really is more off the mark soundwise and beyond the typical 4 to the floor beat made to make you move and thus really forms what is generally called an album

>DJing

Yeah, effects are optional, classically you just mix one track into another, sometimes its more than one, but I just do it the classic way. The stream with psytrance was mixed, there are no breaks the tracks mix into each other (endlessly), a constant flux.
>>
No. 27605
I'm streaming some 90s eurodance/techno/all other kinds of love parade tier music.

If you want to stream let me know and i stop.
>>
No. 27606
906 kB, 295 × 305, 0:04
>>27605
Tuning in!
>>
No. 27607
40 kB, 480 × 360
That stuff makes me feel 25 years younger.
>>
No. 27608
>>27607
the next one is for you
>>
No. 27609 Kontra
48 kB, 758 × 479
>>
No. 27610
1,8 MB, 320 × 256, 0:05
>>
No. 27612
9 kB, 225 × 225
>>27611
>Dune - Hardcore Vibes already included
Awesome. Still one of my favourite tracks from that time - unironically.
>>
No. 27615
I'm going to end the stream in 10 minutes or so, just so you know
>>
No. 27616
82 kB, 750 × 1000
>>27615
OK, thanks for the time travel experience! It might have been mostly trashy stuff, but that doesn't mean there isn't some beauty in it. Undeniably it's part of my/our youth, and I enjoyed it back then, and so I do today.
>>
No. 27618
160 kB, 710 × 960
Streaming Simeon Ten Holts Canto Ostinato for four pianos, live recording. Up until the dogtor(s) will provide me with new insights. Might be soon, might take an hour or two, dunno.
>>
No. 27619
37 kB, 640 × 480
BING

That was not part of the concert I suppose?
>>
No. 27620
>>27619
?

It did disconnet and reconnect, or what did you mean?
>>
No. 27621
>>27620
Just a joke, there was a short BING noise on the stream, like a windows alert or some other kind of notification.
>>
No. 27622
>>27621
Did not notice, it captures the whole mix, so probability of a windows sound is there.
>>
No. 27624
nurse said dogtors will not come in today again...very likely at least.

I will stop when I will leave the room, because some new patient is coming in my room.
>>
No. 27625
>>27624
>some new patient is coming in my room.
Up until now, have you had the hospital room to yourself?
>>
No. 27631
293 kB, 1004 × 957
Getting prepared for the Butthole Surfers stream in the calendar
>>
No. 27632
>>27631
Fuck yea, looking forward to it.
>>
No. 27633
Stream lagging hard for some reason. Anyone else having the same problem?
>>
No. 27634
>>27633
I paused all my up and downloads, is it still lagging?
>>
No. 27635
>>27634
Now it's better. Still seemed to me like it was a server issue, since the web interface also was kinda unresponsive.
>>
No. 27636
Now my stream did a hard reset but i didn't touch anything. Weird.
I streamed earlier today without any problems
>>
No. 27637
>>27636
Server is still slow as hell, even without your stream. Surely this is a server issue. I'm looking on the server now, Icecast and the VM itself seem to be idle. I'm restarting the Icecast-service to see if this helps...
>>
No. 27638
>>27637
Ok, i stopped the stream. I start again where i stopped as soon as the problems are fixed
>>
No. 27639
Restarted Icecast, now it's back to fast again. Let's see for how long.
>>
No. 27640
>>27639
reconnected
>>
No. 27641
12 kB, 560 × 407
>>27640
Stream seems to be fine again. Strange, couldn't see any sign of high load on the machine, but then, I'm a Linux retard, who knows what was wrong. Maybe it is just a shared bandwith issue, and someone on the same VM host just made a backup of his porn collection.
>>
No. 27642
137 kB, 600 × 589
>>27641
Well, then let's hope that it keeps working now.
Everyone who got kicked out, feel free to rejoin the stream now.
>>
No. 27644
>>27625
Nope, they old one left because they found no neurological cause for his illness, he packed his bags and a minute later the nurse came in announcing a new patient will come soon. He came 15min later and is mentally disabled afaik. Must be something serious tho.

Perhaps I will stream some techno and house later again, if there are no other attenders. We could also listen the end of Canto Ostinato :D
>>
No. 27646
Stream is going to an end. Sorry for the inconvenience at the beginning and hope you 2 people enjoyed it.
>>
No. 27647
4 kB, 245 × 216
>>27646
I sure did. Didn't know much of the Butthole Surfers until now, but it is nice music.
>>
No. 27648
I will stream some YT list again, not too long, just wanna look a bit out of the window into the rainy sky. Is fall finally coming, is summer over yet again?
>>
No. 27649
66 kB, 500 × 500
>>27648
>just wanna look a bit out of the window into the rainy sky.
A nice view for me, considering all the times I've been baked alive this summer, either at home or in the office, and I don't mean the weed kind of baked.
>Is fall finally coming, is summer over yet again?
Fall and spring are the best times of the year for me. Not too hot, not too cold, always fresh air, and nice and cool in the morning, so I can sit by my open balcony door and enjoy a hot cup of tea.
>>
No. 27652
>>27649
>so I can sit by my open balcony door and enjoy a hot cup of tea.

Ah, yes! Tho a summer morning can be suitable as well.

>A nice view for me, considering all the times I've been baked alive this summer

Same for me, I can finally wear pullovers again. Overall a bit of rain comes in sweet, after the dryness of this summer. A friend told me today that July and August usually are the months with the most rain. Might be surprising and yet this year the meridian lacks behind (obviously).

The tress are bending in the wind, they sky is grey and gets darker every minute and it still does not stop raining, perfect.
>>
No. 27653
>>27644
For that 15 minutes you had a private suite; in America we would add a surcharge to your bill for that :^D. I hope you get along well with your new roommate.
>>
No. 27655
>>27653
> I hope you get along well with your new roommate.

The old one was snoring so loud I woke up several times in the night.
The new one is disabled. Atm he is quite, but when he came here he was making repetitive vocals noises more or less loudly. Hope he will not do it in the night again. Oh well, I will need to call the nurse then. There is nothing planned for tomorrow besides waiting for the doctors to tell me whats actually wrong because one of them came in because of the new patient and also told me they found nothing on the MRT as they expected to to. So they will look some more and will come tomorrow if there is news.

I found out I'll have to pay ~10€ for each day staying here myself, rest is up the healthcare. MRT is expensive I heard, I wonder what a private bill on the US would charge for that.
>>
No. 27658
>>27655
>I found out I'll have to pay ~10€

Why that? I'm a regular visitor to the hospital and never had to pay anything for my stay.
>>
No. 27659
>>27655
>Atm he is quite, but when he came here he was making repetitive vocals noises more or less loudly.
I know it's not very fair, but mentally disabled people cause discomfort in me, because they are unpredictable. That causes additional stress, because it feels like you have to be on the lookout more than usual. Of course, it depends on the kind of impairment.
>MRT is expensive I heard
Depends a little on which region of the body, I think it's around 600-800€, so it's not super-expensive.

>>27655
>>27658
>10€
Was the same with me, 10 bucks per day, don't know how you got around this. Felt strange because you pay hundreds of bucks every month for healthcare, and then there is this arbitrary amount of money you have to pay for intransparent reasons. I mean, it's usually not like you deliver yourself to the hospital, the doctor says you have to go. I can at least understand why they tried to make everyone pay 10 bucks to see a doctor, because they are overwhelmed by folks who simulate or old people who have no one left to talk to, but 10 for a night at the hospital? Sure, whatever. It's not like I ever was planning to stay there one second longer than necessary anyway.
>>
No. 27661
>>27659
>don't know how you got around this

Maybe it depends on the state? Or it has to do with the fact that i'm epileptic? Whatever it is, the only time i ever got a bill is when someone called an ambulance and i convinced them to not take me to the hospital.
>>
No. 27662
>>27659
Well it's not his fault really. He doesn't say anything unless you talk to him, he didn't make any noise so far again. I can freely watch what I want and don't feel observed. If he begins again in the night I can call the nurse. I talked to one and told her I feel kinda bad to call the nurse to tranquilize him, but she said he and I both need rest :DDD, the friendliest nurse so far, also quite beautiful somehow and same year born as me, feels weird to act kinda formal (Sie) but then talk about fall and hospital.

>600-800€

Ok, that might be nothing compared to certain surgeries that can go into the 10.000€s
>>
No. 27663 Kontra
Somebody else wants to stream? I will go another 30min I think and then listen to a lecture again, but I could also close down now and make space for other music.
>>
No. 27664
In case anyone is wondering why there is a second stream appering on the radio page: It's still Ernstadmin and me trying to get the frontpage integration working, so don't worry, you're not missing anything.

>>27661
>the only time i ever got a bill is when someone called an ambulance and i convinced them to not take me to the hospital.
That's rough that you got the bill for that. It's not like it was your fault or something.

>>27662
>he didn't make any noise so far again. I can freely watch what I want and don't feel observed
Sounds good.
>also quite beautiful somehow and same year born as me
Lucky! When I was at hospital all the nurses were wither grumpy grannies or fat young chicks with a horrible saxony accent :D

>>27663
I might give it a shot, will be streaming some of my favourite computer games music pieces. But no need to haste, I'll need time to set up anyway.
>>
No. 27666
Already done? I just noticed the old stream is gone and started music on mine. How about the loudness of the music - if it can be heard at all?
>>
No. 27667
not sure if the stream is lagging or if the music is supposed to be this way lol
>>
No. 27668
>>27667
Now better?
>>
No. 27669
87 kB, 1171 × 936
>>27664
Stage is yours, I got painkillers again and guess what, I'm sitting at the computer slouching :DDDDD
So I better make a few of the training the physios were showing me and then get on my back into bed and turn of the lights.

>Lucky!

It's mixed here but many young nurses, a few males also btw.
So far I had a cute one that served lunch twice, another attractive I saw only on the floor and the one I've talked a bit more with yesterday and today. Maybe we were flirting over painkillers and bed neighbors, but why think about it? There is another one that was quite talkative. But they are all friendly and I mean really. Perhaps it's because I'm the youngest patient on the whole ward :DDDD Eben tho the hospital is an interesting place I wish I would be free of body problems instead.
>>
No. 27671
Music quality better now? My stereomix is just fine, but who knows whatever I'm streaming.

>>27669
>I got painkillers again and guess what, I'm sitting at the computer slouching
You know why they distribute those at night? Because it's cheaper than more night nurses. I'm not kidding on that one.
>>
No. 27672
236 kB, 0:12
>>27671
>>27668
This is what it sounds like to me.

Try muting your own mix and listening through the browser to confirm it's not just me.
>>
No. 27673
>>27672
I'll stop the stream for a few seconds to check...
>>
No. 27674
>>27671
>You know why they distribute those at night?

I got them because of my back pains, they are not mandatory for everyone (at least here) and I could decline them. But having less pain is more comfortable right now. It would work without tho. She brought a pill yesterday and told me the dogtors "prescribed" it, my choice tho. At first I was like no thanks but then I was curious about the difference and today I'm making sure I'm still a lazy comfortable ass :DD She asked me
>kann ich Ihnen noch etwas Gutes tun?

and it reminded me of all the drug fueled party nights were people use this phrase as well :DD so I smirked and mentioned maybe some painkillers would be nice.
>>
No. 27675
>>27673
>>27672
Strange, sounds like some interference signal, the music itself is fine. I have unplugged a few things and started the stream again, how is it now?
>>
No. 27676
>>27675
Now it's silent.
>>
No. 27677
>>27676
Trying my butt now instead of mixxx, seems like there are still setup issues :D

Better now?
>>
No. 27678
>>27677
Yep, crystal clear.

Is this FM synth music?
>>
No. 27679
>>27678
Ok cool, thanks. It's music from computer games from different old consoles, mostly SNES, C64, Amiga and PS1.
>>
No. 27680
Still wondering what caused the interference. I suppose it was a misconfiguration of the in- and output channels, but I would like to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. I have just plugged in a cable, any changes in music quality?
>>
No. 27681
>>27680
Nope, still clear.
>>
No. 27683
Stream will be over in 10 minutes or so. I'd really like to experiment a little further with mixxx, since that weird interference signal bugs me, that is surely a configuration mistake by me. But that's a task for tomorrow I think. Anyway, thanks for listening and enduring my shitty setup. At least I now know that my butt works without problems :D
>>
No. 27684
>>27683
Thanks for streaming.
I enjoy old video game tunes.

Maybe I should learn some tracker software.
>>
No. 27685
29 kB, 565 × 294
20 kB, 473 × 219
Stream is over, but I'll keep the connection open, since Ernstadmin is trying hard to make the frontpage integration work, and for that I suppose an active connection is helpful. If anyone wants to stream: Go ahead!

>>27684
>I enjoy old video game tunes.
I also do, I have an almost unsettling amount of emotional attachment to those, more than I have to things that maybe are more deserving.
>>
No. 27689
>>27685
Please turn the connection off, for now my work is over.
>>
No. 27690
166 kB, 900 × 598
>>27689
Done, thanks again for your support.
>>
No. 27712
72 kB, 424 × 600
Good morning everyone. I wanted to experiment a little with my mixxx streaming software setup today, since it didn't work properly yesterday. Anybody available for a test? If yes, I'd start a stream with some music and some live voiceovers. Goals of the test would be:

1. is the annoying interference noise still there?
  2. are music and voice properly mixed into the stream (both can be heard in roughly equal loudness)?
If I just record my own output, it's just fine, but so it was yesterday, so it's hard to check for myself. Just post if you have time for a test, I'll set up a stream then.
>>
No. 27713
>>27712
Sure, I'm up.
>>
No. 27714
>>27713
OK cool, I'll just stream some music in the background first to see if the noise is still there. Should be on now - at least I hope it is.
>>
No. 27715
>>27714
Sounds fine.
>>
No. 27716
>>27715
Great, that was my biggest worry. I'll start a voice test now...
>>
No. 27717
>>27716
I think it needs more ducking.

Also, you're a bit close to the microphone and blowing it out.

Otherwise everything is fine.
>>
No. 27718
>>27717
OK thanks, I'll try to make the mic a little louder in comparison to the music, so I can be farther away from it. The ducking didn't seem to work at all, don't know why. First I couldn't get rid of it, now I can't get it to work. I'll try again...
>>
No. 27719
>>27718
Everything sounds fine to me.
>>
No. 27720
Wait hold on.
I hear a little bit of noise in the background that wasn't there before I think
>>
No. 27721
>>27719
Awesome. But the ducking still didn't apply, right? I'll have to check this. Not that it's necessary, just wondering why.

I'll stop the stream in a few minutes, thanks a lot for your help!
>>
No. 27722
>>27720
OK stream is back on, though there is neither music nor mic active. Is the noise still there?
>>
No. 27723
>>27721
No, no noise.
I think you may have interference between mike and speaker if you're playing back the audio you're streaming, and both microphone and output jacks are connected in the same place.

Try isolating them, like mic in the motherboard, output in the front panel.
>>
No. 27724
>>27723
OK I'm changing the port for the mic, just a sec...
>>
No. 27725
OK, back online, first with silence and without mic, should be no interference now
>>
No. 27726
>>27725
There's faint static even when nothing is playing, not sure that's supposed to be happening when there's no signal. Unless your mic is connected and merely quieted rather than tured or plugged off.
It's really weird, because since the whole stream is pretty much virtual inside the computer, there shouldn't be any noise whatsoever, unless it's from microphone or if you're streaming audio into the computer from an external source.

Not sure if bitrate and stuff like that can have effect, but they probably shouldn't.
>>
No. 27727
Try recording your silent microphone, silent music output, and the output of your mixer into Audacity and identifying where the noise is coming from
>>
No. 27728
>>27726
Hmm, no idea where that static does come from. I did some desperate changes to the setup, let's see if it actually did change anytinhg.
>Unless your mic is connected and merely quieted rather than tured or plugged off
Mic is still connected, but taken out of the mix by configuration. Could still cause interference, though. Another source might be the cable of my stereo, which was kinda close to the rest, which I also put away now.

The static still there? If yes I'd like to try again with the mic actually pulled from the system.
>>
No. 27729
>>27728
I can hear you fiddling with the setup, there's cracks, pops, and noise getting quieter or louder.

I'll try to download the mixer software and test for myself, maybe that's what's fucking it up.
>>
No. 27730
75 kB, 966 × 642
143 kB, 1312 × 828
>>27727
>silent microphone, silent music output, and the output of your mixer into Audacity and identifying where the noise is coming from
Audacity tells me that mic and stereomix are silent. Now the weird fact: When I turn on the mic in mixxx, I get that static, even in Audacity, that's also what you heard I think. And now the really weirt fact: The more I tune my mic DOWN, the stronger the static. It also disappears after a few seconds, so it probably is mixxx trying to balance things on its own.
>>
No. 27731
I'll make another try with the mic at maximum loudness. For what I've seen by now, the static should be lower.
>>
No. 27732
>>27730
Maybe a push to talk solution would solve the issue.
Or disable automatic gain in mixxx somehow.

Best of luck.
>>
No. 27733
123 kB, 1024 × 1024
>>27732
I'll try a few setups, can't be that difficult to figure out, since a lot of other people are doing it without problems. Thanks a lot for your support!
>>
No. 27735
>>27733
I have tried mixxx and found it clunky.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
I'd recommend this personally.
The macro / hotkey setup is a bit fiddly, but otherwise it's a much more straightforward mixer that only does one thing - mix audio streams.

You can set its virtual input as the output of any programs, connect a microphone to it, and stream the output to the icecast client. You can have any audio playing without having to listen to it or polluting the signal.
I think that's a lot more convenient than wrestling with an all in one solution.
>>
No. 27736 Kontra
>Currently at Radio Ernstiwan: by Online player is not present

Will there be a nice gui in the future? A ball in a special surface showing the text?
Anyway it's good that we have it as it is now, thank you!
>>
No. 27737
31 kB, 1019 × 111
86 kB, 654 × 361
28 kB, 303 × 196
>>27735
Trying it out right now, looks indeed easy, no problems mixing my mic and my music together (just 2 different audio channels joined in 1 virtual output channel), and Audacity and butt recognize the new output channel. Pretty neat. I also just remembered it's the same stuff chvk (the radio host from RFK, who showed interest in our radio) uses. Should have really tried that earlier. I'm sure mixxx is great, but might be too heavyweight for my purposes. That's the reason I wanted to use butt in the first place: The less configuration options, the less opportunities for me to screw up :D

>>27736
I'm sure Ernstadmin will handle it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=JZ3_d0unago
>>
No. 27742
646 kB, 839 × 1068
I got me some idea, i don't know if you guys like it but if not i'm sure i will notice.

I made a list with 10 albums (all of them are considered classics in their genre so there won't be any obscure super underground niche stuff) and you can vote what you would be most interested in listening to next, the album with the most votes will be streamed.
As soon as one album was played it will be replaced in the poll by a different album so that there are always 10 albums to choose from but never the same one twice.

You can vote for multiple albums but please don't vote if you already know that you won't listen or you might risk hurting my feelings.

I think i take a fixed time for that stream once per week but i'm not sure yet.

Here's the poll with my first 10 picks, i tried to get a variety of different genres:
https://strawpoll.de/a4xy9wc
>>
No. 27743
715 kB, 618 × 718
>>27742
Sounds good to me, already threw in my vote. Didn't vote for amateur porn noises (albeit tempting), because that will happen anyway when I someone accidentally leaves his stream on after he's done. Not saying what I actually voted for here, but I did not pick what I like best out of the list, but what I thought would be most interesting for me to hear.
>>
No. 27745
36 kB, 379 × 426
>>27742
Voted. What time do you think you'll be streaming? You don't have to nail down a specific time right now, but would it be early mornings(GMT), afternoons, or evenings? We're using GMT, right? After missing the BHS stream due to my confusion, I finally committed to memory that I'm GMT-4, (and -5 when we switch to Daylight Saving Time).
>>
No. 27746
>>27745
I made an entry in the calendar. I took saturday 6PM (GMT+2)
I reserved 1 hour, depending on the album it can take a little more or a little less.
The next poll will go online right after the stream ended.

http://radio-ernstiwan.tk:8000/calendar.html
>>
No. 27751
I know I am.late but you guys have to listen this Azerbaijani death/black metal band
https://youtu.be/CybcsnZ0yck
>>
No. 27752
947 kB, 500 × 374, 0:03
>>27751
>GOAT RIPPER - VICIOUS STRUCTURE OF THE CRUCIFIED
>Genre: Slamming Brutal Death Metal
What could go wrong? I'm tuning in.
>>
No. 27753
155 kB, 515 × 734
>>27751
I just love the YT suggestions I get while listening to this.
>>
No. 27757
>>27752
>goat ripper

Allusion to well-endowed turkoid, great.
>>
No. 27765
>>27751
I'm generally willing to take a chance and try something new and holy cow was that worth it.

I don't listel to DM often and when I do it's because I want to sink into its technical structure and rumbling sound. This is perfect for it.
>>
No. 27797
Streaming some German punk
>>
No. 27798
69 kB, 500 × 500
>>27797
Tuning in!
>>
No. 27799
55 kB, 678 × 720
>>27797
Good song :DDD
>>
No. 27800
8 kB, 312 × 160
>>27799
I'm drinking tea to it :D now I feel like a fake!

t. not the streamer
>>
No. 27801
>>27800
Me just coffee. But I'll keep it in my mind since I'll do the saufi~ later.
>>
No. 27805
91 kB, 907 × 767
Ending the stream now, don't forget to take part in the poll for my tomorrows stream

https://strawpoll.de/a4xy9wc
>>
No. 27806
80 kB, 400 × 400
Streaming a Ween live album in a few.
>>
No. 27807
620 kB, 811 × 536
>>27805
Thanks for streaming. Btw. I forgot that a made a transparent png of the radio in the op back then. Not sure if useful, but who knows?

>>27806
Tuning in!
>>
No. 27811
About 15 minutes left.
Should I stream another live album?
I've got like 4 of them.

t. ween fanatic
>>
No. 27812
>>27811
I'd like to hear some more.
t.ween noob
>>
No. 27813
Alright, stream over soon.
Hope the one dude who was tuned in enjoyed it, lol.
>>
No. 27814
>>27813
I did, thanks for streaming. I was curious about Birthday Boy, because it seemed more serious/down than the rest, and looked it up. Turns out it was over a girl of course. btw, I know they used drugs and such, but did they really do opium, or was that a joke? They mentioned it a few times.
>>
No. 27816
>>27814
Ween has several categories of songs: goofing around, spoofing other genres, soulful, sad songs, and soulful sad songs while goofing around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoAJolzI5Ms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlj3ggxRxDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsV8UK0IcfY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMq-5PFsCc
Here's a sampler of their sad songs.

I'm pretty sure one of the members of the band did heroin for a while (though not sure if at the time of those recordings), and after a while he got so fucked up that the rest of the band left the stage during a show, then they broke up.
He cleaned up, the band was reformed and they started touring again.
>>
No. 27817 Kontra
>>27816
Oh, and of course, hardcore rock and roll with badass solos.
>>
No. 27828
110 kB, 554 × 564
>>27813
I also listened for the first 45 minutes or so, I liked the Japanese Cowboy-Song, going to steal it from the tubes now.
>>
No. 27854
>>27828
Ah, that's from their country album they did with some prominent country artists.

They even toured with them, and I have a live album of that I could stream sometime.
>>
No. 27856
106 kB, 510 × 384
>>27854
>They even toured with them, and I have a live album of that I could stream sometime.
I'd be in for that, yesterday's stream was really nice. I always thought of Ween as some stoner fun band, but it seems it's not that simple, and the music itself is decent, too, so I'm looking forward to listening to another stream. Ayways nice when one can correct his own misconceptions.
>>
No. 27858
279 kB, 1600 × 1267
Home again and will stream for 30min or so: randomly from YT list techno and house. Whatever the algorithm selects
>>
No. 27860
148 kB, 300 × 400
>>27742
>30 minutes to go
>personal favourite still in lead
Excellent!
>>
No. 27861
>>27860
>30 minutes to go

5min.

Starting now with 1 song of a band i like very much, afterwards it's Zappa time
>>
No. 27862
>>27861
Okay, now my butt seems to be stuck on "connecting". What is happening?
>>
No. 27863
>>27862
I think my butt was at fault and i fixed it
>>
No. 27864
433 kB, 600 × 319, 0:01
>>27863
It's hard when even your own butt fails you.

These joges hopefully will never get old
>>
No. 27868
Thanks for listening to this weeks strawpoll stream, i hope you enjoyed it.

This weeks winner has been replaced with "Massive Attack - Blue Lines" for the vote for next saturday.

Remember, if there's an album in the list you don't like you have to vote for it or it will never dissapear, it would also be great if you would actually give those albums a change if you never actually listened to them before.

New poll:

https://strawpoll.de/gds1des
>>
No. 27869
23 kB, 372 × 339
>>27868
>Thanks for listening to this weeks strawpoll stream, i hope you enjoyed it.
Already over? Damn!
>Remember, if there's an album in the list you don't like you have to vote for it or it will never dissapear,
Sounds just like any regular election day to me.
>>
No. 27870
>>27868
Thanks for the stream, I need to pick up some zappa albums and explore his work more deeply.
Interesting thing, he used tuvan throat singing as samples in one of his albums, he literally flew them to his apartment during fall of USSR times, near the end of his life.
>>
No. 27871
102 kB, 599 × 601
74 kB, 500 × 500
>>27869
>Already over? Damn!

The album has a playtime of around 30min

>>27870
I would recommend the Joe's Garage series and Sheik Yerbouti if you're into live recordings
>>
No. 27872
>>27871
>Sheik Yerbouti
One of my all time favourite album titles.
>>
No. 27873
>>27858
>Home again
Did the doctors figure out what was wrong?

>>27864
butt jokes never get old :D

>>27868
I liked it, and believe it or not that's actually the first time I've heard any of Frank Zappa's music. I didn't know what to expect, but now that I've heard it, it somehow seems exactly right for the image I had of him. Experimental music, but still played seriously with very loose, free flowing lyrics.

>>27871
>Joe's Garage series and Sheik Yerbouti
I was going to do some random searches, but recommendations are even better. I'll check those out.
>>
No. 27874
1020 kB, 257 × 194, 0:04
>>27873
>I liked it, and believe it or not that's actually the first time I've heard any of Frank Zappa's music.

That's great and exactly what i was hoping for with that whole strawpoll thing.
There are so many great albums that are considered classics yet many people never listened to them before.
>>
No. 27875
106 kB, 300 × 274
25 kB, 500 × 447
Will stream this edgy commie albums. Anyone interested?
I will start the stream and wait a few minutes before startin the album, so that people can have time to tune in and not miss the beginning.
Also because I really want to brag about this "hold on" track I just came up with :-DDDD.
>>
No. 27876
>>27875
I give it a listen
>>
No. 27877
5,5 MB, 4:46
>>27875
Feel free to use this hold music.
I noticed that there's sometimes confusion on whether the stream is malfunctioning, or the streamer is just waiting to start.
>>
No. 27878
566 kB, 0:36
>>27875
>Will stream this edgy commie albums. Anyone interested?
Of course, I'm all for edginess, bring it on!
>Also because I really want to brag about this "hold on" track I just came up with :-DDDD.
Damn, I think I missed it, does it beat my cantina band loop that I had prepared? german text just says: Hi, this is Radio Ernstiwan. If you have a musical wish, just shout it out loud! - "Play the same song again!" - OK, the same song again, let's go!

Of course it's just stolen, like everything I do: https://youtube.com/watch?v=VmUGe8KDdGI

Ah wait, saw you already posted it, I'll check it out after the stream.
>>
No. 27880
281 kB, 0:12
I heard that song before :-DDD
>>
No. 27881
>>27878
It's just spongebob music with a bunch of text to speech voices saying stuff :-DDDDD.

>>27880
Kazoo is the greatest instrument invented tbh.
>>
No. 27883
50 kB, 512 × 335
Since 2 hours I need to go into the cellar to do my laundry, but I can't. The radio is too good.

>>27881
>It's just spongebob music with a bunch of text to speech voices saying stuff :-DDDDD.
Sounds like a perfect fit :-DDDD
>>
No. 27885
Allright, stream over, hope you had fun.

Next time I will maybe stream something more extreme to introduce some variety, been streaming too much rocky stuff lately.
>>
No. 27886
>>27885
Thanks, it was a pleasure once again!
>Next time I will maybe stream something more extreme to introduce some variety,
I've yet to hear a boring stream, so don't worry.
>>
No. 27887
200 kB, 646 × 431
>>27875
>edgy commie album
>Seatbelts are for people who have time to die
That was the line that hooked me. These guys really are amazing.

>>27878
I remember this; Now I know what he was saying :DD.

>>27883
>The radio is too good
Agreed. Cleaning can wait a while longer.

>>27885
I'll second everything >>27886 said.
>>
No. 27889
53 kB, 940 × 940
Streaming techno and house via randomizing algorithm again, don't know how long but I will likely prepare food within the next minutes and that will take 20min or even more and I thought I could broadcast a bit.
>>
No. 27890
56 kB, 409 × 409
>>27887
>Jimmy Page Ernstwurf
Fucking saved!

>>27889
Chilly tracks, hot tea, comfy saturday evening!
>>
No. 27891
39 kB, 400 × 150
>>27890
Right now Microwave Prince - Cyclic Evolution is playing, one of my all time favorurites, trancy synths with one of the bests 303 works ever the bubbly rumble screws
>>
No. 27892
595 kB, 1041 × 923
Wasn't someone talking about some kind of live chat or IRC or something like that a while ago? I really think the radio would profit a lot when people would be able to actually talk about the music that's played while it's playing.
>>
No. 27893
739 kB, 744 × 1007
>>27868
Suggestion: How about removing the album with the lowest votes (or randomly one of those who zero'ed out on votes) at the end of a cycle? Reason: Since an album can only leave the list when it's played, the votes are only deciding the order in which the albums are played, and if Ernst for some reason never votes for a particular album, it will eventually clog up the list.

Kindly ignore my suggestion if that was the whole point of the strawpoll system.
>>
No. 27894
18 kB, 238 × 204
>>27893
>Suggestion: How about removing the album with the lowest votes (or randomly one of those who zero'ed out on votes)

I actually considered kicking out 2 instead of just 1 each week and putting the album i kicked out without playing it back in at some other time.

I did not think about it to avoid having an album in there forever but because i want a good mix of genres and times of release and if a certain genre (or decade) isn't voted for as often i could choose between ending up with only albums from genre/decade X (that no one likes) or i'm simply not able to ever add another one that falls in this category.

So i guess we're going to have a faster cycle in the future but albums kicked out can come back unless they were voted for already.

Oh and by the way, next weeks new entries are going to be great!
>>
No. 27906
144 kB, 734 × 1000
>>27877
>Feel free to use this hold music.
Checked it out, I like it! Also felt the urgent need to visualize it :-D
>>
No. 27915
I did some successful stream testing. The last stumbling block was the microphone. BUTT needs microphone access to work(Audio Settings:Microsoft Sound Mapper Input). I don't know if changing the audio settings will allow me to disconnect the microphone. As it is, with that setting if I kill the mic, it kills the stream. Streomix was another option, but MSMI was the first setup that actually worked and, with that victory under my belt, I decided to stop tinkering.
OP should make another thread, and include the same links and connection pictures. We don't want the information to slide down the catalog.
>>
No. 27916
>>27915
>I did some successful stream testing.
I think I tuned in for a few minutes, looked good. Always great to have more people check out the radio.
>BUTT needs microphone access to work(Audio Settings:Microsoft Sound Mapper Input).
I also use butt and at first I always streamed just stereomix. If you only want to stream music, that should be fine. If you want to stream mic and stereomix (or any other kind of multiple audio channel input) I recommend what >>27735 said, VoiceMeeter really did the trick for me, and it's simple to use. You have a few input channels you can define from your available audio devices and a virtual output channel (which is recognized by butt), so you can just define any input you want and send it to your virtual output channel, and use that output channel in butt.
>OP should make another thread, and include the same links and connection pictures. We don't want the information to slide down the catalog.
I think I'll make one as soon as the old thread slides off page one, and then I will put the newest information about connecting, streaming and software recommendations in.
>>
No. 27918
I'll do a spontaneous stream with some good ol' power metal, will start in a few minutes.
>>
No. 27922
>>27918
I also wanted to stream some USPM / speed metal, but it's been a long time since I listened to metal, so I didn't have any on my hard drive.
Tuning in. PM always cheers me up when I'm down.
>>
No. 27923
>>27922
>PM always cheers me up when I'm down.
I've grown up with that stuff, so I'm kinda attached to it, brings back lots of memories. And I still like the music, even when I in some cases know that it isn't really "good", but meh, who cares?
>>
No. 27924
Last 10 minutes of the stream have started. If anyone wants to take over, then now it's time to get the playlist ready!
>>
No. 27925
601 kB, 640 × 653
Anyone wants to hear some chopped and screwed stuff?

I've got the flu, so it's the perfect settis for some slowed down, syrupy raps and freestyles. Great to nod off to.
>>
No. 27927
I'm out!

>>27925
I'm in!
>>
No. 27929
36 kB, 580 × 417
That fucking intro again!
>>
No. 27934
Aaight, I'm done.
Chopped and screwed stuff isn't for everyone, but it has that comfy, chilled out vibe.

Similar reasons I like stoner rock / metal so much.
>>
No. 27935
Just saw that DJ Screw is long dead. Didn't know him before, but after reading his Wiki article I also get the chopped and screwed stuff.

>>27934
Cool stuff, and it was indeed pretty comfy. Good for getting rid of the usual sunday evening / weekend is over blues.
>>
No. 27936
>>27935
Some call him the originator of styles vaporwave, trap, and this general aesthetic of pitched down, downer pop and hip hop music.

Guy was pretty prolific too. He's got hundreds of releases.
>>
No. 27958
I'll be streaming a playlist I put together of random songs. It might be good, it might be bad. The play time is about 45 minutes.
>>
No. 27961
new thread pls.
I keep missing stream announcements.
>>
No. 27966
>>27961
You didn't miss much, just me trying to organize my music pile into some logical structure.
I was also able to look at my settings more closely and figure out why BUTT only works when the microphone is active. When I was denying access to the microphone, this also blocked access to ALL audio input devices-which of course included Stereo Mix and Microsoft Sound Mapper. So access to the mic has to be on, which is the bad news. The good news is that the computer is a desktop and I don't have to leave one plugged in. That way BUTT will work, and there's no danger of my karaoke accidental ambient noise infecting the stream :DD.
>>
No. 27970