/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 35744 Systemkontra
137 kB, 780 × 820
22 kB, 550 × 550
39 kB, 309 × 408
482 kB, 1000 × 1000
Old thread >>31377 is kill, this is the new Radio Ernstiwan thread. Share your musical taste and your seductive voice (no homo) with your fellow Ernsts, and help making this chan not only enojoyable for the eyes and mind, but also for the ears. As always, there are no restrictions whatsoever in what to stream. Just share what you like, every streamer has his own ideas and style, and it only makes the radio more interesting.

The radio is available here: http://radio.ernstchan.xyz:8000/

Connection data for the public stream: see pic 3. See also the beautifully crafted pic 4 and the infos on the radio page itself for additional details. Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything on your mind, there are lots of people around who have working streaming setups running and will be glad to help you out. You can see at the top of EC (below the banner) if a stream is on.

Happy listening/streaming!
>>
No. 35810
132 kB, 565 × 362
154 kB, 565 × 503
Streaming some old radio dramas. There are a ton of these on archive.org; to narrow down the mountain of choices, I decided to take a cue from recent posts and go with two which were adapted from Philip K Dick stories. The series is X Minus 1, and each episode has runtime of 30 minutes.
>>
No. 35833
139 kB, 1400 × 1284
46 kB, 1290 × 820
273 kB, 800 × 800
Looks like this weeks winner is "Kraftwerk - Die Mensch-Maschine", in the poll it has been replaced by "Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells".
We start at 18:00CET (which is in around 50min from now) like always.

Next weeks poll:
https://poll.fm/10481185

Just in case: There's the tiny possibility that i have to leave mid stream for a couple hours, in that case i fill the playlist with some other music so the stream can keep running 2 or 3 more hours.
>>
No. 35836
483 kB, 368 × 278, 0:01
>>
No. 35837
29 kB, 236 × 699
>>35833
Another notable example of this eccentric behavior was reported to Johnny Marr of the Smiths by Karl Bartos, who explained that anyone trying to contact the band for collaboration would be told the studio telephone did not have a ringer, since while recording, the band did not like to hear any kind of noise pollution. Instead, callers were instructed to phone the studio precisely at a certain time, whereupon the phone would be answered by Ralf Hütter, despite never hearing the phone ring

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraftwerk#Reclusiveness
>>
No. 35838
>>35836
>Mr. Hutter even dreamed of a day when he could stay home and send robots on tour and to interviews instead.
>"When we went to America in 1974, we bought fitted suits and things to be different from the sweating guitar bands," Mr. Flur remembers. "We thought the image fit better with our music: it's very constructed and cold. It doesn't come from a practice cellar. It comes from a laboratory."

Call Them the Beatles Of Electronic Dance Music
http://archive.is/WmclC
>>
No. 35839
>>35833
Seems like the poll didn't work for some weird reason.
Poll was closed, new one opened. Sorry please vote again thanks.

https://poll.fm/10481209
>>
No. 35864
Late start. Don't really care. Got a mix of shit today, can't be bothered doing something of an essay for the same reason that I'm late. Titles on stream page.
>>
No. 35867
fugg, I love this song and every cover version of it :-DDDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxgMGk9JPVA
Thi9s version has a funny story behind it in that the band REALLY hated the song, and the vocalist sung it in the worst most obnoxious way possible to get it scrapped. But the producer loved it, gave the greenlight and it became a hit single :-DDDD
>>
No. 35868
>>35867
Ebin :-DDD

I don't really have any ebin stories with these albums. I guess the last album has something of an easter egg in it considering the time of year, but it's not hard to figure out :-D
>>
No. 35871
180 kB, 774 × 1032
If you don't want a splash of humour in with your anger, then maybe skip this last album. It's by a band known for its satire.

If you're still down to party, then enjoy the fun side of the genre.
>>
No. 35872 Kontra
35 kB, 260 × 355
Also, merry fucken xmas :-DDD
>>
No. 35873
>Slade cover
How does Ernst like Slade? For me what I said earlier about my subjective perception of the Clash also applies to Slade. It's a complete miracle for me why this band has been so successful. Zero depth, catchy, albeit boring, music, lots of ridiculous dresses and unfunny intentional misspelled song titles as a lame gimmick. They seem like a shitty version of The Sweet, and i couldn't believe it when I saw how insanely popular they were back then.

Fun fact: I just read about Slade in order to gain some information for my once again obviously unsophisticated musical taste, and I read that even Noddy Holder, the long time lead singer of Slade, said that the band didn't like many of their own songs, because they thought they were too stupid. Maybe they were pushed in that fun rock/gimmick direction by their management.

>>35871
Completely fine with me. A little bit of irony and the ability to laugh about oneself are making life a lot more bearable
>>
No. 35874
>>35873
I'm not super into them, but the songs that I like I like quite a bit. To me they're a band that influenced bands I like instead of being something that I particularly enjoy myself.
>>
No. 35875
62 kB, 750 × 762
Adding a two-track single(? I dunno what to call it) by a Singapore band called The Bois, featuring Roddy Moreno on one song. Ties in with the Oppressed I suppose, and it's a band I've been meaning to play for a while anyway.
>>
No. 35876
1,4 MB, 299 × 299, 0:05
Alright, that added the last few minutes I needed to get to an even 2 hours.

Thanks for listening. We're getting quite the crowd now. I was up to a maximum of 6 at once last week, and 4 now, with a steady period of 3 active. I remember when it was basically just the two and I was lucky for a maximum of 3. Tune in next time for more.
>>
No. 35877
>>35876
Thanks for streaming, mate, nothing better to start off the day than a good dose of sunday morning rage!
>>
No. 35917
>>35873
I don't tend to have much negative opinions on music or bands. If I don't like em, I just forget about them. I'm mostly out of the loop on music history and lore, too. I just look for interesting albums on various blogs and catalogs dedicated to genres I'm interested in.
I have little to say about music in general, being clueless on music theory.
>>
No. 35926
>>35876
This is totally unrelated to the thread but is it just me or are more and more animals learning to walk or stand upright? Kangaroos, raccoons, gorillas, bears, kangaroo rats, I just keep getting this weird sense when I see a lot of animals now that it's almost like theyve been trying to mimic us for quite awhile. Or is it simply that much of an advantageous trait to position yourself upright that this is a feature of convergent evolution?
>>
No. 35959
141 kB, 720 × 719
341 kB, 800 × 800
621 kB, 1500 × 1500
116 kB, 1000 × 1000
Since it's christmas, i'm going to play some German rap music.
Starting in 10min
>>
No. 35962
236 kB, 1290 × 690
>>35959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-unBLOI7uM

:DDDDDD

I know it's shitty skilled in comparison to Prezident for instance
>>
No. 35995
127 kB, 600 × 599
Dawn of the Dead Soundtrack at 19:00CET
>>
No. 36003
>>35995
If you are a fanatic of that OST, there is more than one version. Three, I think.

Link with pics: sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing the film. Neat

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/638313-dawn-dead-1978-custom-roger-swat-zombie-early-wip-need-help.html
>>
No. 36004
>>36003
There are tons of different versions of the movie with a lot of different music. This one was the music of the so called Euro-Cut of the movie but i also own the American version on vinyl.
I might Play the suspiria soundtrack tomorrow.
>>
No. 36015
16 kB, 400 × 400
>>36004
>Suspiria

I checked the theme and oh my I always knew those horror/giallo soundtracks are a goldmine for (hiphop) sampling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBinhsGcEfs

Apparently the composer of Suspiria also wrote Tenebre. I remember Legowelt talking about the dissonant horror/grindhouse soundtracks of the 70s and 80s. Makes me think back of the days I went to watch giallo/exploitation/budget, story centered oddball movies with a girl I was unlucky in love with in some obscure cinema once a month or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9HszvSWFE
>>
No. 36064
102 kB, 599 × 608
Going to start with the Suspiria OST at 18:40CET which is in 20min from now.
>>
No. 36065
>>36064
Will probably tune in, not sure if I will go on reading for uni. So far I can say tho, that your stream made me go back to those movies. I'm pretty sure to watch Terror at the Opera by D. Argento tonight.
>>
No. 36069
4 kB, 245 × 216
>>36064
Was pretty nice, had it run while doing stuff in the house. Pretty chilled out overall.
>>
No. 36158
20 kB, 353 × 355
Streaming something that was mentioned in the music thread last month: Mandylion, by The Gathering.
>>33980
>>
No. 36164
658 kB, 1417 × 1431
356 kB, 1500 × 1500
Looks like this weeks winner is "Mobb Deep - The Infamous".
It got replaced in the poll by "Nas - Illmatic".

Get ready for some of the best 90s gangster rap has to offer.
We start at 18:00 CET which is in 1 hour from now.

Here's next weeks poll:
https://poll.fm/10483622

I also want to promote the email address i made so you can send me suggestions for Albums to put in the poll

weeklyalbumstream@gmx.de

Criteria for an album to be considered:

1. We only play albums that can be considered classics, a classic is an album that is:
Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
A thing which is memorable and a very good example of its kind.

Or in short: It has to maintain relevance even after a longer period of time, how long that is depends on the genre but i would say after 2005 doesn't work in most cases, there are albums like "Kendrick Lamar - Damn" that have pretty much all a classic needs but it's just to new.

2. It should be known outside of your own country/language area.

3. I have to like it.

International music from outside the anglosphere is highly wanted.

Also, thanks to the 2 people who already gave me some input, i didn't respond but i saw it and some of the albums will definetly make it into the poll sooner or later.
>>
No. 36172
344 kB, 1000 × 1259
>>36164
Great album, thanks for streaming.
>>
No. 36173
34 kB, 500 × 500
270 kB, 1200 × 1200
If no one else wants to stream, i play some more Hip-Hop
>>
No. 36187
>>36158
Honestly surprised someone took an interest in Mandylion. The muteness from everyone in that thread was getting to me.

Impressions?
>>
No. 36188
50 kB, 500 × 500
109 kB, 598 × 598
76 kB, 500 × 500
234 kB, 1200 × 1200
... a new weekly show where we play a whole album and you can vote for it.

There are tons of albums i would love to play but they just don't fit in the Weekly Album Stream poll so i just make a new one.
It will contain obscure albums i picked up on flee markets or ebay only based on the cover artwork, albums by well known artists that never made it to a real classic or are just to new and everything else that doesn't really fit into the other stream.

To open ourself to new audiences this stream will take place (almost every) sunday at 12pm CET.

We start the poll wih 4 albums to pick from and for every album that is taken out we add 2 back until we're at 10. As soon as we have 10 albums in the poll it is 1 for 1 like in the other stream.

Here's the poll for next week
https://poll.fm/10483859
>>
No. 36195
>>36187
>Impressions?
The emotion behind the album struck a chord with me, but it's difficult to pin down. There is a sadness running through both the music and lyrics, but not one which is depressing. As you mentioned, there is too much energy to be described that way. I'd define the feeling as more of a lament, or a longing. I've played it through a few times, and that's the sense which keeps returning.
>>
No. 36210
>>36195
Indeed, there is a profound sense of longing on that album, especially in tracks like both versions of "In Motion" and "Sand and Mercury". There's also childlike wonderment in the opening "Strange Machines" or "Fear the Sea". The lyrics are sombre and melancholic, but not full of crippling existential anguish that you'd find on the archetypical Gothic album. Keep in mind lyrics that go that way aren't necessarily dealbreakers for me, although they can be overbearing at times. Mandylion is much more tempered in its sadness.

Still, I'm not sure it's truly a "Gothic" album in terms of its sound despite the Ethereal Wave influences. It owes plenty to '90s Prog Rock and it certainly isn't Doom Metal despite what insolent music journalists may tell you. If you like Mandylion, you might also enjoy the follow up Nighttime Birds, although it is a step backwards.

And yes, this is who you think it is.
>>
No. 36217
I've noticed how much of this stuff is from like the 90s. What do people even listen to these days?
>>
No. 36220
>>36217
I started actively expanding my musical tastes around the year 2009, so a lot of my favorite albums are from the 2000s. A lot of smaller genres are born or re-born, have their golden age, and then become stale in the span of about a decade. So if you have your hand on the pulse of a subculture at the right time, you can witness the birth and death of a small "era" as it's happening.

I'm not at all familiar with more recent stuff, though, as I feel like my tastes have ossified by now. i rarely seek out new and unfamiliar stuff these days, mostly sticking to what I know. Maybe what they say is right, about music taste developing in your early 20s and then staying the same til you die.
>>
No. 36222
>>36217
>>36220
I don't know, but I never felt in touch with "today's" music even as a kid. In fact, the last celebrity musician I truly invested myself in personally was Eminem, and that was when I was between 12-14. I partially attribute my lack of connection with popular with the demographics they're marketed to, which is normally tween and teen girls. At the risk of sounding deeply misogynistic, I don't care for female singers. I have my exceptions, but the subjects women normally sing about do not move me in the least.

In terms of our tastes ossifying as we age, I elaborated a little bit here:
>>27840

Nostalgia is a strong sentiment with most of us, so we get used to music being a certain way, and when it changes, it's deeply upsetting. The human ear develops differently depending on what it is exposed to. Music of two thousand years ago sounds terribly dissonant and strange to us, and ours likely would to them.

Kazakhstan had an interesting point about the rise and fall of certain genres. If people continued to create music within the same structure and instrumentation, how far do you think it could really stretch? A genre is merely an idiom that will eventually be exhausted no matter how many new trends arise.
>>
No. 36224 Kontra
>>36217
Because today's music is boring, or even more often than boring it's completely uninteresting garbage.
>>
No. 36225
>>36222
>>36224
I've always been puzzled with the tendency to conflate "contemporary music" and "contemporary mainstream pop music". There's plenty of interesting stuff happening in various smaller subcultures and genres all the time.

Metal, for example, had a really good run in the 00s with revivals and reimaginings of older subgenres, as well as new subgenres being invented. The same is probably true for many other less than mainstream forms of music.
>>
No. 36233
34 kB, 504 × 375
Will someone be here this night? I was thinking about making some radio program over midnight, but that of course would be pointless if nobody is here.
>>
No. 36235
>>36233
I was considering it, but I'm kind of stuffed. I'm about to knock off now. See you lot next year :-D
>>
No. 36240
>>36210
>the follow up Nighttime Birds
I had a chance to listen to this last night. It's good, but I see what you mean about being a step backwards. Nighttime Birds sounded much less like a post rock/progressive album than Mandylion. At least that was my first impression.

>>36233
I'll be here at midnight UTC[+1], which is 6pm US EST. tbh, unless I fill up on coffee, I'll probably fall alseep by midnight local time :D.
>>
No. 36242
400 kB, 1412 × 1550
>>36240
Nice, one guy on /b/ also said he'll be there, so we're at least 3, that should be fun. In the meantime I'll try to prepare at least a few things. And of course you'll be able to call - that is if you want to and if I can get my audio setup working. Don't know exactly when I will start, but probably around 22:00GMT+1, which is 4pm US EST I think. Depends a little on what will happen until then, but I will announce it as soon as it is fixed.
>>
No. 36245
113 kB, 553 × 512
OK I'm done with planning: The stream will start at 22:00GMT+1, which should be 21:00UTC / EC time, and it will end when we're done. Music will be 80s/90s hard rock and metal, but you can wih for pretty much anything, I'm not picky. Topic will (loosely) be: Future, development of humanity, personal development, aging and so on, but it's by no means limited to that. If you want to talk about something else, just let me know.

You can call me via skype: live:.cid.ada3035c9a9c43c2 - Ernst Iwan, or if you don't want to make your address public, send it per mail to ernstiwan at protonmail.ch and notify me in the thread that you sent a mail, otherwise I'll probably fail to notice it.
>>
No. 36246
>>36245
Gonna be 3 am for me, not sure if I can make it.
Or if I would even hear anything with these fucking fireworks going off.
I'll try, though.
Maybe if I could make myself fall asleep, I could wake up on time, dunno.
>>
No. 36248
50 kB, 512 × 335
>>36246
That's indeed bad, I didn't think of that. Wish I could just change the time, but that won't work in this case, since starting later would basically mean I start after midnight. I think I'll change the title of the show to Saturday Afternoon Autism for the future, since afternoon is the only timeslot where everybody can listen without sacrificing their sleep schedule.

Don't know how long I will be sreaming, maybe if you are an early bird, you'll still catch some of it at the end. Otherwise, don't feel bad if not, it's just some music and some talk.
>>
No. 36249
9 kB, 247 × 289
>>36246
Would it help you if I start one hour later at 23:00GMT+1? That would be possible without problems. Or I could still start at 22:00 but only play music for the first hour, so .
>>
No. 36250
>>36249
It's fine, do it with your original schedule, I'll just have a short nap I guess.
>>
No. 36251
144 kB, 734 × 1000
Stream will start soon, with the usual audio loop at the beginning, so that everybody has plenty of time to connect!
>>
No. 36252
134 kB, 645 × 346
>>36251
Tuning in!
>>
No. 36254
Hope loudness'n'stuff is ok. If not, please tell me so.
>>
No. 36255
473 kB, 440 × 350, 0:01
>>36252
Awesome pic, mate. Your shoops are so good that I frequently fail to recognize them as shoops when I look at the thumbnail.
>>
No. 36257
I like early helloween stuff.

Also gamma ray.
>>
No. 36258
64 kB, 470 × 427
>>36257
>Also gamma ray.
You bet :DDD
>>
No. 36259
>>36255
Thanks. I guess subtlety is becoming my specialty :D.

On the topic of tonights show: In a future where death can be prevented, I think the technology would ultimately need to spread beyond the wealthy. Any contemporary movement against the weathly/inequality is likely to fail because social safety nets which keep most people fed and housed(even if it's the bare minimum). The results would be different if there was widespead famine in the 1st world while the leaders dined in comfort. So while most of spoils go to the top, enough is spread over the population to keep the world stable. In the same way, any true life extending technology would be distributed- not out of kindness, but as a means for the wealthy to prevent an uprising.
>>
No. 36262
217 kB, 1000 × 1000
Forgot to announce, it's Iron Maiden up next!
>>
No. 36264
I have read that story, it's good.

What I have to say about "eternal life/existence" is that I think that the extent of human experience isn't limited by time, but by context. This sense of "authentic living" where you're going through a truly meaningful and profound experience are quite rare, and I think there might be a limit to such circumstances that is much smaller than the limit of available time (simply because something that depends on a circumstance within a time frame must necessarily be smaller than the set of that available time frame). And it is often the case that people live out their meaningful experiences before the end of their short lifespans. So, having more time would not necessarily mean that you will be spending that time meaningfully. There might be a possibility that the potentiality of human experience is exhausted at some point.

I'd draw a dumb analogy to music and art. Usually, a band will have one or two important albums in their discography, the thing that really conveys their vision. The rest of the material being unimportant. Or an artist will create a few masterpieces, but the majority of their work will be done in search of that masterpiece. So what's really important is exhaust one's potentiality within a lifespan. After that, a physical death is just a formality. The real death has already occured. But that is the kind of death that gives finality, rather than being a cessation. A death which in itself has meaning. I think such a death is even good, in the ultimate sense. Something that persists and shambles on beyond its capacity to produce beauty is not only beauty-less, it is ugly in itself.
>>
No. 36265 Kontra
>>36264
Also, I might need to peace out (or pass out, depending on the way you put it). I'm pretty tired.
>>
No. 36266
44 kB, 405 × 348
>>36265
Glad you could make it, sorry that the timeslot was so bad for you, I'll see that future streams will be on afternoon or early evening, so that everyone can listen. Also: If you manage to make it through Gamma Ray, your post will be discussed, I think there is lots of truth in it, but I also think that existence is a goal in itself, and it doesn't necessarily be meaningful. The wish for a meaningful existence arises when the wish for existence itself is fulfilled.
>>
No. 36270
85 kB, 664 × 886
I enjoyed the show, ernst, thanks for putting it together.
>>
No. 36271
115 kB, 595 × 551
Stream will be over soon, thanks a lot for listening, hope you had fun, and happy new year to you all!
>>
No. 36272
196 kB, 432 × 444
>>36270
Thanks, man, I enjoyed it, too. It is surprisingly pleasing to do that stuff, despite my obvious struggles with speaking english and reading that short story with all it's nasty comlicated words in it. But it's good practice. Also: Once again, great pic, but this time I immediatly recognized it as an authentic USA-Ernst masterpiece :DD
>>
No. 36293
42 kB, 717 × 959
Hello Ernst, i could use your help.
I already streamed 2 or 3 albums from vinyl and no one complained, but i still try to avoid it because i have no idea how the sound on the other end is with my weird record player to laptop to computer setup i came up with.

Is there an Ernst who would listen to me streaming a song from vinyl, then ending the stream and switching the setup just to stream the same song again as .mp3 file from my computer 5min later?
It would also be great if you could record both streams and upload them here.

It wouldn't take too long but really help me with future album streams
>>
No. 36294
>>36293
Sure, can do. Just tell me when you want to start.
>>
No. 36295
>>36294
I could set everything up right now and be good to go in around 15min.
Would that be okay for you?
>>
No. 36296
>>36295
Yes, that will be fine. I'll be recording both streams and posting them afterwards.
>>
No. 36297
>>36296
Okay, i started the stream.
Let me know when you're in so i start the music
>>
No. 36298
>>36297
I am recording now, you can start.
>>
No. 36299
>>36298
Going to end now and start a new stream with the same song in ~2min
>>
No. 36300
>>36299
OK I'm ready, you can start any time.
>>
No. 36301
>>36300
ok, stream is going.
Music starts in 20sec from now.
>>
No. 36302
>>36301
That should be enough, i stop the stream now.
>>
No. 36303
7,7 MB, 5:36
5,7 MB, 4:09
>>36302
Here you go. I did both records with the same settings, there was no normalizing applied, at least none I know of, so they should be comparable. Export format is mp3 with 192kbps. Btw there is a 2-second-gap in the second stream, don't know where that came from. Suddenly the music went silent, and then it was back. Maybe just a stream hiccup, but I think I never noticed something like that in the album streams before.
>>
No. 36304
23 kB, 384 × 274
>>36303
Thanks for recording.
I guess expect for a bit of background static (which can't be avoided with vinyl) it doesn't sound much worse and i can keep streaming from my record player.
The little break might be because i forgot end all downloads and so most of my bandwith was gone.
>>
No. 36326
A little something for the weekly album stream, i will keep it updated

http://ernst.bplaced.net/ernst.xhtml
>>
No. 36379
14 kB, 350 × 350
>>36326
http://ernst.bplaced.net/home

Now there's some more stuff.
I mainly made it because i still wait for a radio ernstiwan chat but i lost all hopes so here you go. I used a pre-build chat app but it should work. I just need to test it in practice before i can tell for sure so do your worst.

If there are bigger problems i might spend some extra time and try to come up with something myself but i'm not really a pro programmer so it would probably be even worse.
>>
No. 36391
Streaming some random stuff for about 45 minutes. The playlist should end at about 16:40(UTC), so it won't interfere with the Weekly Album Stream.
I had to tinker with my sound settings, because some update messed everything up and it was too quiet. Turns out there is a new HP audio panel now, or at least I didn't notice it before.
>>
No. 36392
99 kB, 1266 × 666
>>36379
I implemented the chat and the radio into the main page so both can be seen and used at the same time.
Next step is to have them next instead of on top of eachother but i need to find out how that works in html first.

http://ernst.bplaced.net/
Feel free to join me at 18:00CET for the Weekly Album Stream
>>
No. 36394
43 kB, 1285 × 763
125 kB, 1024 × 1001
221 kB, 1121 × 1107
This weeks winner is "Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells".
I replaced the winner in the poll with "King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King".
I also kicked out "Guns n’ Roses - Appetite for Destruction" and replaced it with "NOFX - Punk in Drublic".

Next weeks poll:
https://poll.fm/10486061

Also, don't forget that we have a different album stream tomorrow at 12:00CET with its own poll and feel free to join me in the chat for the stream.
>>
No. 36419
60 kB, 500 × 500
121 kB, 600 × 595
6 kB, 412 × 412
It seems like we start our first Sunday Album Stream with "Butthole Surfers - Electriclarryland".
Great band, great album.

I replaced it in the poll with "The Mars Volta - Octahedron". The Mars Volta found many fans back when i made my Prog Rock marathon, so i assume it will do good in the poll.
I also added "Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?" and "Portishead - Third"

We start at 12:00CET which is in around 45min from now.
Feel free to join me in the chat under http://ernst.bplaced.net/, in case your paranoia doesn't allow you to click the link, a link to the chat can now also be found on the official radio website in the OP.

Here's the link for next weeks poll:
https://poll.fm/10486265

Let's see if we get some listeners at this time, if not i will push the time slot a bit around in the future to find the sweet spot.
>>
No. 36420
418 kB, 1896 × 937
311 kB, 1875 × 924
Debug Info for Chadmin.
>>
No. 36422
291 kB, 1920 × 1080
433 kB, 1920 × 1080
>>36420
It should look more acceptable now for you 1080p people
>>
No. 36425
113 kB, 900 × 900
261 kB, 1200 × 1185
219 kB, 940 × 420
Today I will stream two of the more abrasive albums by Ween.
The first one is Z-Rock hawaii, a project they did with the japanese band The Boredoms. It consists of mostly standard Ween material, except now there's a japanese dude screaming his lungs out in the background.

The Pod is their second album, and is... hard to listen to according to some people.

Stream will start at 18:00 UTC, which is half an hour from now.
>>
No. 36430
Stream is starting in a few mins.
>>
No. 36434
456 kB, 1200 × 1735
>>36422
The chat looks great on my desktop monitor, but on mobile the bottom two fields are now covering up part of the top two. I took a screencap.

>>36425
>a japanese dude screaming his lungs out in the background
Didn't know what to expect, but, uh, yeah...that describes it pretty well :D. Well, some of it, anyway. It's like there are Ween parts, and then there are Boredoms parts.
>>
No. 36437
98 kB, 2499 × 986
>>36434
I made a mobile friendly version which is linked on the main site.
Actually, i just deleted everything but the radio and the chat window.

http://ernst.bplaced.net/mobile.html
>>
No. 36453
637 kB, 1152 × 954
Surprise Roy Ellis stream boys.
>>
No. 36456
101 kB, 658 × 608
>>36453
>Surprise Roy Ellis stream boys.
Surprise vacation, I'm in!
>>
No. 36459 Kontra
41 kB, 833 × 175
32 kB, 600 × 683
66 kB, 1100 × 825
82 kB, 1024 × 1001
I will replace the emojis in the chat with more fitting ones.
Sadly, the whole process requires more work than it should, if you feel like helping me out, here are some things you could do:

1. Take a picture worth a emoji
  2. Cut out all the not needed parts (like the background or the body if only the face is needed), resize the file to 32x32 and save as or later convert to .svg.
I will then convert it into base64 and put it into a .css and a .php file
>>
No. 36460
Alright. Throwing on Desmond Dekker and the Specials after this as an extension since I'm not really tired.
>>
No. 36461
4 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
>>36459
Did a few, will continue as long as I have ideas. Can't convert to svg - yet. If I find out how to bulk convert then I'll do it myself and deliver a zip or whatever. Until then I'll just deliver the pngs.
>>
No. 36462
>>36461
https://svg-converter.com/potrace

maybe this will work
i only know that potrace is a console tool for vectorization
>>
No. 36463 Kontra
>>
No. 36464
6 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
Should I include Pepe, Spurdo and the likes? Always had the feeling they rank somewhere between controversional and haram here.

>>36462
Thanks, I'l check it out.
>>
No. 36465 Kontra
>>36464
>Should I include Pepe, Spurdo and the likes?

Sure, everything is better than the stock emojis
>>
No. 36466 Kontra
2 kB, 32 × 32
4 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
If you have requests, let me know.

>>36465
OK, continuing!
>>
No. 36467 Kontra
3 kB, 114 × 68
>>36461
Why does your ernstwurf on the right look so weird compared to marko on the left?
Why can't anything every work without problems ;_;
>>
No. 36468 Kontra
>>36467
Problem found.
For some reason .png works very well when encoded to base64 so don't convert to .svg
>>
No. 36469 Kontra
3 kB, 32 × 32
5 kB, 32 × 32
5 kB, 32 × 32
3 kB, 32 × 32
>>36468
Cool, less work for us :DD
>>
No. 36470 Kontra
26 kB, 106 × 128
9 kB, 128 × 128
20 kB, 121 × 128
I try to force these three any place I can :-DDDD
They're not very relevant for EC or the radio, though :-D
>>
No. 36471
3 kB, 32 × 32
3 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
2 kB, 32 × 32
>>36469
Changed akarin, the last one lost some of the details in the small version I think.

>>36470
I'm on it :DD
>>
No. 36473 Kontra
>>36470
btw have to leave now for an hour or so, delivery might be delayed!
>>
No. 36475 Kontra
23 kB, 567 × 45
For some reason some get cut off, going to fix that at some point
>>
No. 36481 Kontra
3 kB, 32 × 32
3 kB, 32 × 32
5 kB, 32 × 32
3 kB, 32 × 32
Continuing, not sure how to handle the yaranaika best. Also had to cheat on machiavelli a bit because proportions :DD
>>
No. 36485 Kontra
3 kB, 32 × 32
1 kB, 32 × 32
3 kB, 32 × 32
1 kB, 32 × 32
>>36481
Maybe better make the machiavelli also transparent, not sure about it.
>>
No. 36746
I'm bored. Time for radio.
>>
No. 36747
>>36746
I will go to bed now and listen to this as I fall asleep. What could be better suited for sweet dreams than stoner doom? :DD
>>
No. 36749
Not much tbh.
t. fell asleep to this very album last night :-DDD
>>
No. 36750
Just noticed that my internet dropped while I was taking a leak, sorry about that. I'm looking at getting a better router so the signal is less trash up in my room but haven't gotten around to buying it yet.
>>
No. 36751
>>36746
Thanks for streaming.
>>
No. 36754
>>36751
You're welcome. I ain't got nothing better to do at the moment :-D
>>
No. 36777
41 kB, 500 × 430
I wasn't happy with the chat website design so i started to change it.
100% mine and whoever says something different is just jealous of my sick html skills.

>>
No. 36808
89 kB, 600 × 599
273 kB, 800 × 800
This weeks winner is "The Clash - London Calling", one of the best punk albums ever recorded and that's objectively speaking.

I replaced the winner in the poll with "Supertramp - Crime Of The Century", we already had "Breakfast in America" by the same band in the stream and people really seemed to enjoy it. I also have one of their albums in the sunday poll, just so you know.

Next weeks poll can be found under http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html
The poll for the sunday stream is there as well, not many people have voted yet so feel free to do so.

The stream starts at 18:00 Germany time (which is in around 40min from now) like always, feel free to join me in the chat on ernst.bplaced.net.
>>
No. 36815
672 kB, 1852 × 1000
I will play some 1990s Dub Techno in a minute, not much and only as long as my internet connection is stable I guess.
>>
No. 36874
Only 2 hours left and we didn't really get many votes, so if you want to do it now.
Next weeks saturday stream didn't get many votes as well, is it because you don't want to click that link?
I can post direct links but the site is trustworthy and even linked on the official radio site.

http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Direct links:
Sunday (Today): https://poll.fm/10486265
Saturday: https://poll.fm/10489340
>>
No. 36876
294 kB, 1300 × 1300
94 kB, 600 × 609
67 kB, 600 × 600
4 kB, 184 × 184
>>36874
This weeks winner is "Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?".
In the poll it got replaced by "Frank Zappa - You are what you is".

I also added "Butthole Surfers - Independent Worm Saloon" and "Me First & The Gimme Gimmes - Are We Not Men- We Are Diva!"

The poll for next sunday can be found here: https://poll.fm/10489579
And in a few minutes on http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Starting at 12:00CET which is in around 5min from now.
>>
No. 36878
164 kB, 688 × 435
Let's take a brief journey through the 1980's...
>>
No. 36880
233 kB, 1391 × 783
>>36878
Love me some mellow 90s tracks while enjoying the anxiety of my GDQ-related vacation being over.

>>36874
>and we didn't really get many votes
Had some trouble voting again due to new PC where i have to reconfigure my script blocker. Think I tried to vote but it didn't count, but then said that I can't vote again afterwards. Should work next time though.
>>
No. 36881
44 kB, 405 × 348
>>36878
Thanks for streaming, I just love this wonderful outro!
>>
No. 36883
>>36876
Reposting these, since I'm bumping you from the page:

Saturday poll: https://poll.fm/10489340
Sunday poll: https://poll.fm/10489579

>>36881
Thanks for listening, I'm glad you liked it. I usually stream concerts, or complete albums, but sometimes it's nice to just listen to random singles.

>I just love this wonderful outro
I had fun making that. The audio clips came from a few different sites, and the music is "8 Bit Ending" found here:

HeatleyBros - Royalty Free Music
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLlqLIE-TqDq3lh5kU2PeA

The channel does say to credit them with a link, so it's about time I did so :D.
>>
No. 36940
15 kB, 512 × 384
Planning on doing a 5 1/2 hour stream, the usual journey through genres and decades.

I know the trusty radio can handle two streams at a time, but would clear the frequency if someone has planned a stream themselves. Just give me a nudge here and I am idling in the radio chat as well.
>>
No. 36941
37 kB, 1322 × 609
>>36883
Thank you dear Ernst.
And as pic related shows, we could really use a deciding vote.

>>36940
Sadly i will miss it ;_;
>>
No. 36945
>>36941
Ah, my vote won't help. I'm pondering the two Jamaican legends right now, both hilarious artists I never managed to hear through a whole album. I decided for Yellowman.
>>
No. 36948
>>36945
Good choice but be aware that Yellowman will be streamed from vinyl, so you have to deal with a short break in the middle when i switch from site A to B.
>>
No. 36964
Streaming some angry dutch lads.
>>
No. 37042
Streaming selections from 2 live shows by prog rock band Porcupine Tree. Both were released on DVD; the first is from 2010 Anesthetize, and the second from 2005 Arriving Somewhere. Running time is about an hour and 45 minutes, so it should take us up to the start of the Weekly Album Stream.
>>
No. 37043
28 kB, 76 × 50, 0:01
>>37042
Excellent. By the way: I created a small gif which I thought could spice up the frontpage integration. I hope the transparency of the source images carried over to the gif.
>>
No. 37044 Kontra
27 kB, 61 × 40, 0:01
>>37043
The first one might be a little too big, so I created a slightly smaller one. Size can be adjusted to almost anything if needed.
>>
No. 37046
280 kB, 1116 × 1118
121 kB, 600 × 596
Todays winner for the Weekly Classic Album stream is "NOFX - Punk in Drublic".
In the poll it got replaced by another gem of the 90s and one of Britpops finest: "Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory".
I also kicked out "Eek-a-Mouse - Wa-Do-Dem" and replaced it with "Fugazi - Repeater".

The poll for next week can be found here:
https://poll.fm/10492773

and of course on the website together with the poll for the sunday stream which could use 1 or 2 more votes.

While the stream is going you can find me in the chat as always under

We start at 18:00 Germany time like every saturday. That's in around 45min from now.
>>
No. 37059
390 kB, 1500 × 1500
188 kB, 1500 × 1500
69 kB, 500 × 500
Todays Album Stream winner is "Novalis - Novalis".
I replaced it in the poll with "Supertramp - ...Famous Last Words" and also addet "Murs - Have a nice Life" and "Motörhead - Ace Of Spades"

The poll for next week can be found here:
https://poll.fm/10492983

And of course under http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like everytime i can be found in the chat while the stream lasts and like always we start at 12:00 Germany time.
Have fun.
>>
No. 37070
Doing a little midnight stream now, approx. 2 hours. Still not drowsy enough for sleep.
>>
No. 37074
Seems mostly to be Gothic rock/metal. What's next? Type O Negative?
>>
No. 37075
>>37074
Actually a wild mix, but you entered a goth/dark wave section. Usually I wander through the genres, only the general mood only shifts slowly.
>>
No. 37098
>>37075
Since Type 0 Negative was mentioned, I will stream from 22:00 German time on deep into the night. Type 0 mixed with other gloomy metal and goth rock as well as some dark wave. For whoever cannot sleep and wants to hear such music.
>>
No. 37102
18 kB, 480 × 360
>>37098
Type O is great. Would recommend.
>>
No. 37120
155 kB, 1097 × 640
>>37102
This year will be the 10th anniversary of Peter Steele death. God bless his soul, Carnivore's "Retaliation" was one of the most motherfucker records ever.
>>
No. 37125
80 kB, 500 × 658
Spontaneous stream time.
>>
No. 37160
50 kB, 348 × 360
Streaming a live show by The Mars Volta.
>>
No. 37163
78 kB, 620 × 387
>>37160
Thanks for streaming, always good to have some Ernst-music to start off the weekend with. Feels like coming home to a lively place instead of just being greeted by silence.
>>
No. 37167
>>37163
Your welcome. Since we're heading into the weekend, how about I increase the pace and stream something from Angerfist?
>>
No. 37169
6,6 MB, 769 × 333, 0:22
>>37167
>how about I increase the pace and stream something from Angerfist?
Hardcore, I'm in!
>>
No. 37175
17 kB, 470 × 342
52 kB, 500 × 500
Streaming some Snow aka. the blackest Canadian musician i'm aware of.
>>
No. 37176
>>37175
Surely got inspired by the Informer-part in the last stream, which I loved, because Informer is a great song. Sadly I will only catch the beginning.
>>
No. 37177
>>37176
>Surely got inspired by the Informer-part in the last stream

Must be a coincidence, i didn't catch that stream.
But informer is a great song and for a one hit wonder the whole album is actually pretty decent.
I'm currently residing in the chat if someone is interested in joining.
>>
No. 37203
658 kB, 1417 × 1431
44 kB, 500 × 500
61 kB, 800 × 801
This weeks winner is "Nas - Illmatic", an album wikipedia describes as "widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential albums of all time, appearing on numerous best album lists by critics and publications".

In the poll it was replaced with "Faith No More - Angel Dust", i also kicked out "Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon" and replaced it with "The Offspring - Smash".

Next weeks poll can be found here: https://poll.fm/10496096

And of course together with the sunday poll here:

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time, which is in 1 hour from now.
>>
No. 37240
58 kB, 600 × 600
113 kB, 1500 × 1500
Todays winner is "The White Mandingos - The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me".
A very humoristic concept album that tells the story of a black man named Tyrone White who finds some success with his rock band. I found it really cheap and picked it up because i like some of the frontmans solo stuff but i must say personally i'm not the biggest fan of this album (it's okay, just not great).

In the poll it got replaced by "Faith No More - King for a Day… Fool for a Lifetime" and also added "The Psycho Realm - The Psycho Realm"

The poll for next sunday can be found here: https://poll.fm/10496359
And together with the saturday poll here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like every sunday we start at 12:00 Germany time which is in around 45min from now.
>>
No. 37300
Will be streaming some doom and disease related music from 19:00 German time onwards through the evening.
>>
No. 37414
110 kB, 1024 × 664
538 kB, 1200 × 1200
Streaming some "Death Grips - Exmilitary"

If there's some interested in something like that i might do a tiny Death Grips marathon at some point next week.
>>
No. 37461
347 kB, 1400 × 1398
352 kB, 1500 × 1500
3,5 MB, 1352 × 1350
Todays winner is "Supertramp - Crime of the Century".
An awesome piece of music, in my opinion even better than "Breakfast in America".

The winner was replaced by "The Who - Who's Next".
I kicked out "Yellowman - Mister Yellowman" and replaced it with "Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow".

Next weeks poll: https://poll.fm/10499562
And of course together with the sunday poll: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like usual we start at 18:00 Germany time (1 hour from now).

And the bplaced site just got a little update 5min ago.
>>
No. 37498
52 kB, 600 × 600
44 kB, 500 × 500
Todays winner is "Frank Zappa - You are what you is".

The winner was replaced by "NOFX - So Long ...And Thanks For All The Shoes".
I kicked out "Murs - Have a nice Life" and replaced it with "Descendents - Everything Sucks".

Next weeks poll: https://poll.fm/10499824
And of course together with the saturday poll: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like usual we start at 12:00 Germany time (around 1 hour from now).

I start the stream early and play some Zappa interviews before we start with the Album.
>>
No. 37505
14 kB, 400 × 215
Streaming 1 or 2 hours of punk.
No specific type, just everything from Hardcore to Pop.
>>
No. 37512
>>37505
Nice ending song :D. Thanks for streaming.
>>
No. 37513
26 kB, 300 × 292
>>37512
Will stream after this nice stream, got in the mood. Starting with a tribute album to Johnny cash called Paid in Black, mostly psychobilly, rockabilly and horror punks bands covering, but some country bands as well.

After this I guess some wild stream in the genre.
>>
No. 37788
79 kB, 600 × 506
662 kB, 2371 × 1083
After the weekly Album stream on Saturday >>37461 I'm going to play some mashups.
So don't turn off!
>>
No. 37797
538 kB, 1413 × 1411
Todays winner seems to be Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow.
In the poll it was replaced with "Rammstein - Mutter".

The new poll can be found here: https://poll.fm/10503272
And together with the sunday poll (which could use some more votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time, which is in 10min from now.
>>
No. 37801
1,2 MB, 480 × 270, 0:01
>>37788
Olivia Newton-John and Snoop Dogg were particularly awesome when mashed together. Great stream, thanks.
>>
No. 37854
39 kB, 500 × 500
574 kB, 1400 × 1382
658 kB, 1417 × 1431
Todays winner is "The Mars Volta - Octahedron". Great album.
I replaced it with "Barrington Levy - Barrington", not really comparable to most earlyer Barrington Levy albums but still a great piece of Dancehall.

I also kicket out "The Psycho Realm - The Psycho Realm" (going to stream this one at a random point in time. Maybe even later today), in exchange you can now vote for "Beastie Boys - Check Your Head"

You find next weeks poll here: https://poll.fm/10503503
And together with the saturday poll in here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 12:00 Germany time (which is in 30min from now).
Feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 37863
>>37854
>going to stream this one at a random point in time. Maybe even later today

I make some food for myself, afterwards (around 30min) i start.
>>
No. 37878
>>37797
girl from this pic is alive and well, post pics
>>
No. 37944
64 kB, 522 × 514
Streaming some rap/hip-hop from ¡Mayday! and Murs, including their collaborative album ¡MursDay!.
>>
No. 37998
72 kB, 860 × 484
Going to stream some CunninLynguists.
Startin in 15min or so.
>>
No. 38000
>>37998
Thanks for streaming. I always thought these guys had a great name.
>>
No. 38042
134 kB, 600 × 600
658 kB, 1417 × 1431
This weeks winner is "Faith No More - Angel Dust".
Did you know that Mike Patton, the singer of Faith No More, has the widest vocal range in popular music? Now you do.

Because i get the feeling that 10 albums are just too much i will reduce the total number to somewhere between 7 and 5 which means i kick out both albums that got 0 votes and only add 1 which brings us down to 8 for now.

The Album to replace "Angel Dust" will be "Nirvana - Nevermind"
We had it in the poll a while ago but i took it out because people seemed to not like it much. I don't know why, it's a great piece of music.

The new poll can be found here: https://poll.fm/10506557
And together with the sunday poll on ernst.bplaced.net

As always, we start at 18:00CET which is in around 1 hour from now.
Feel free to join me in the chat and don't forget to vote.
>>
No. 38070
21 kB, 412 × 412
3,5 MB, 1352 × 1350
This weeks winner is "Beastie Boys - Check Your Head".
Like in the saturday stream, i will reduce the total number of albums here as well.
Since we're PC and inclusive here it's time to add some female music and replace the winner with "The Muffs - The Muffs", some pure 90s pop punk.

The new poll can be found here: https://poll.fm/10506755
And together with the saturday poll on ernst.bplaced.net

As always, we start at 12:00CET which is in around 1 hour from now.
Feel free to join me in the chat and don't forget to vote.
>>
No. 38264
18 kB, 275 × 183
I am streaming an 80ties music stream tomorrow, starting at 14:00 going to 20:00 (since I expect a Prostmusik starting then).

The stream will be through many genres, from popular to bizarre, good to bad. After all it is a question of taste. I challenged mine collecting the music from my youth.
>>
No. 38300
272 kB, 1500 × 1479
271 kB, 1425 × 1425
And the winner is.... "King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King".
The winner was replaced with "Michael Jackson - Thriller"

We also say goodbye to "Tangerine Dream - Phaedra" and instead we welcome "Devo - Q- Are We Not Men- A- We Are Devo!".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10509621
And together with the sunday poll (which could still need a few votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Also, don't forget that we have some radio stream related stats here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/previously.html
And the possibility to rate previous albums here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/rating.html

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time, which is in 1 hour from now.
>>
No. 38307
Instrumental Hip Hop / Electronic incoming
>>
No. 38321
2,1 MB, 999 × 999
273 kB, 800 × 800
And the winner is.... "The Muffs - The Muffs".
You guys need to stop making the last album added the winner all the time.

This poll is already overcowded with all kinds of punk, so why stop? The winner will be replaced with:
"Lagwagon - Double Plaidinum"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10509851
And together with the saturday poll here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 12:00 Germany time, which is in 1 hour from now.
>>
No. 38506
322 kB, 1500 × 1200
Thanks for streaming. I always listen through the full outro, because it's so good!
>>
No. 38507
>>38506
My pleasure; I enjoyed it, and am glad you did as well. Since I was adding songs as I went along, it turned out to be quite a varied playlist. Along the way, I also discovered one of the dangers of working 'on the fly': a few times when I was trying to drag a song-to move it up in the list- the mouse double-clicked and started playing it :D.
>>
No. 38582
265 kB, 970 × 970
This weeks winner is "Devo - Q- Are We Not Men- A- We Are Devo!"
In the poll it will be replaced by "Beastie Boys - Ill Communication"

Next weeks poll can be found here: https://poll.fm/10512932
And together with the sunday poll (which could still use a few votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in around 45min from now.
Feel free to join us in the chat.
>>
No. 38589
3 kB, 32 × 32
Here the Zappa smiley, as promised in the chat!
>>
No. 38609
123 kB, 600 × 600
Today we listen to "Supertramp - ...Famous Last Words".
In the poll it got replaced by "The Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia"
It has nothing to do with the Album but it's hilarious so i post it anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlsMIICCY90&t

The poll for next sunday can be found here: https://poll.fm/10513216

Like always we start at 12:00 Germany time which is in around 1 hour from now.
In a few minutes i start a little pre-stream feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 38647
233 kB, 960 × 639
I have to fill out some forms and while doing so i will listen to a bit of music.
Feel free to join me in the music listening part. We start with some Supertramp and Mars Volta and then we see where we go from there (if we go anywhere).
>>
No. 38712
1,1 MB, 2113 × 1208
Is there a way to stream video to icecast? I tried with OBS but with no success.
Am i doing something wrong?
>>
No. 38786
>>38712
Iirc it would be possible but I don't know how.

Streaming some HipHop
>>
No. 38819
31 kB, 1300 × 487
161 kB, 560 × 560
We need someone who decides what we listen to today.

https://poll.fm/10512932
>>
No. 38823
>>38819
When does the stream start?
>>
No. 38825
>>38823
1800 central europe standard time(UTC+1), which is a little less than 2 hours from now.
>>
No. 38826
658 kB, 1417 × 1431
3,5 MB, 1352 × 1350
>>38823
Every Saturday at 18:00CET and another one Sunday at 12:00CET is time for the album stream.

While the stream is going you can find me and some of the other listeners in the chat on ernst.bplaced.net

All the current votes: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Album Stream Stats: http://ernst.bplaced.net/previously.html
>>
No. 38828
1,8 MB, 1500 × 1489
54 kB, 600 × 601
Todays winner seems to be "Michael Jackson - Thriller".
I replaced it in the poll with "Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory".

Next weeks poll can be found here: https://poll.fm/10516771

Like always we start at 18:00CET, feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 38879
97 kB, 512 × 512
Todays winner is "Portishead - Third".
In the poll it got replaced by "The Muffs - Blonder And Blonder".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10517226
And together with the saturday poll (which could still use a few votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 12:00CET which is in around 1 hour from now, but before that we will have a little pre-stream.
>>
No. 38885
>>38879
Kim Shattuck died last year.

R.I.P.
>>
No. 38903
>>
No. 39216
16 kB, 480 × 360
Warming up the radio with a Mike Oldfield concert: Live at Montreux 1981.
>>
No. 39218
14 kB, 150 × 203
>>39216
I'm in my burger friend
>>
No. 39224
620 kB, 1394 × 1414
Todays winner is "Rammstein - Mutter".
In the poll it got replaced by "The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10520527
And together with the sunday poll (which could still use a few votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 18:00CET which is in around 1,5 hours from now, but before that we will have a little pre-stream.
>>
No. 39250
138 kB, 512 × 512
143 kB, 1000 × 1000
Todays winner is "Descendents - Everything Sucks".
In the poll it got replaced by "Cokie The Clown - You're Welcome"*

I also kicked out "Motörhead - Ace Of Spades" and replaced it with "Peter Fox - Stadtaffe".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10520766

Like always we start at 12:00CET which is in around 1 hour from now.

*In case you actually plan to vote for this:
Cokie The Clown is a solo project by NOFX frontman Fat Mike.
The guy can't hit a note and his mental state went to rock bottom in the last 10 to 20 years and that shows in the album. It doesn't sound good but it's just so fucked up that it's worth listening to it.
Single with music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwjNs1NMq7Y
I wouldn't recommend listening to anything else from the album beforehand, that might spoil it.
>>
No. 39426
169 kB, 315 × 315
Streaming some synthpop by STRFKR.
>>
No. 39470
To celebrate the release of Doom Eternal i will stream the soundtrack of Doom (2016) in around 30min from now.
>>
No. 39510
34 kB, 500 × 500
Todays winner is "The Offspring - Smash".
Fun fact: Smash is the most succesfull album ever released on a independent label.

In the poll it got replaced by "Pink Floyd - The Wall"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10523936

Like always we start at 18:00CET which is in around 1 hour from now.
>>
No. 39532
165 kB, 1084 × 1088
Todays winner is "Cokie The Clown - You're Welcome".

In the poll it got replaced by "Melvins - Stoner Witch"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10524161

>>
No. 39695
78 kB, 770 × 770
I will make a spontaneous Therion stream at 19:00 CET, which is 45 minutes from now. Therion are a symphonic metal band from sweden, which started out as an edgy dark metal band in the early 90s, but became more sophisticated later, and they experimented a lot with different styles, so no 2 albums sound the same. They are one of my favourite bands, so pls no bully!

Duration will be about 90 minutes.
>>
No. 39704
22 kB, 400 × 323
>>39695
Sounds great.

Btw, The radio's front page integration isn't working for some reason(translation:The live stream doesn't appear beneath the EC banner).
>>
No. 39706
119 kB, 400 × 400
>>39704
>Sounds great.
Glad you like it. The have a wide variety of sounds, their newer works tend to be more mellow than their older stuff, and even I don't like their very new stuff (everything since 2010 or so), I think Sitra Ahra was the first album by them since their very first teenage dark metal days I didn't really enjoy.

>The radio's front page integration isn't working for some reason
Yeah, we had a short downtime of the radio server earlier that afternoon, and it seems that an unresponsive radio status page significantly slows down EC, because it waits for a response form the radio server until it renders the page. I think Ernstadmin took the integration offline as long as that is an issue, I already notified them on /meta/ about this problem.

I also think that wa the first ever downtime I noticed, our provider is really doing a good job!
>>
No. 39776
253 kB, 640 × 640
Today would have been a Viagra Boys concert so I'm gonna stream the Album Street Worms at 20:00
>>
No. 39873
73 kB, 750 × 750
Todays winner is "The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land".

In the poll it gets replaced by... nothing.

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10527496
And together with the sunday poll (which could really use some more votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

>>
No. 39893
94 kB, 700 × 713
23 kB, 412 × 426
34 kB, 960 × 960
152 kB, 600 × 531
Some Death Grips before the album stream starts
>>
No. 39894
413 kB, 1500 × 1345
Todays winner is "Melvins - Stoner Which".
There is a lot to say about this band, but i won't. Instead i quote an article about the album we're about to hear that i like a lot and then give you the source so you can read if interested.

"This is a bizarre album from a bizarre period in a bizarre discography from a bizarre band, and from the periphery looking in, I think that makes it all the more fascinating.

If you understand the saga of Buzz Osbourne and Dale Crover’s merry band of weirdos in even the vaguest sense, you’ll know that, in the simplest possible terms, they’re the type of band that marches to the beat of some invisible drum from the fifth dimension. The group is named after an asshole that Buzzo used to work with. They were high school BFFs with Kurt Cobain. They sort of accidentally invented sludge metal by playing hardcore punk extremely slowly. Shirley Temple’s daughter played bass for a few years. They managed to write sub-three-minute drone songs. For about a decade, they had two drummers who would line their kits up side by side and share the floor toms. Their lyrics are uniformly just random words in no real order with no real meaning. They have a total of 173 official releases, according to the Metal Archives (making them the 13th most prolific metal band of all time). They’re a weird band is what I’m saying."

https://www.indymetalvault.com/2019/10/21/25-years-later-melvins-stoner-witch/

In the poll it gets replaced by... how about some Hip-Hop? We didn't have this in a while.
"Tyler, The Creator - Wolf"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10527764

Like always we start at 12:00CET which is in around 45min from now.
>>
No. 40145
183 kB, 1399 × 1400
Todays winner is "The Who - Who's Next".

In the poll it gets replaced by "Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10531779
And together with the sunday poll (which could use 1 or 2 more votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

>>
No. 40242
1,8 MB, 1500 × 1489
Todays winner is, what else could it be, "Tyler, The Creator - Wolf".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10532093

Feel free to join me in the chat and listen to the pre-stream with some of that modern hoppi hippi music those young whippersnappers listen to all the time.
>>
No. 40419
167 kB, 600 × 600
To celebrate the death of Brian we will have a special album stream tonight.
We play "Super Duper" by the awesome and way to underrated band "Valentine Saloon" at 17:00CET
>>
No. 40480
220 kB, 1200 × 1200
161 kB, 560 × 560
Todays winner is "Pink Floyd - The Wall".

In the poll it gets replaced by the classic rock opera "The Who - Tommy".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10535794
And together with the sunday poll (which could use 1 or 2 more votes) here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in around 30min from now.
>>
No. 40507
33 kB, 1326 × 555
We could really use a deciding vote for todays stream
https://poll.fm/10532093
>>
No. 40508
47 kB, 300 × 300
Todays winner is "Butthole Surfers - Independent Worm Saloon".
In the poll it gets replaced by "Camel - Mirage". An Album so good it gives me lung cancer.

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10536116

Like always we start at 12:00CET which is in around 30min from now.
>>
No. 40762
I want to stream some stuff this evening.
Listened to a couple albums that I enjoyed and would like to share.
There two prog-stoner-doom metal albums, and two new wave traditional US heavy metal (with power metal influences) albums.
Which sound more interesting to you guys?
>>
No. 40765
>>40762
That's a tough call, but I vote for the new wave metal. What time were you planning to stream? I've got to head out at 14:00(UTC), but should be home by 16:00(UTC).
>>
No. 40767
>>40765
Yeah, I was thinking like 17:00 UTC, which is around the time I used to stream.
If it makes the decision any easier, the prog-stoner-doom stuff is a bit of a more atmospheric, cosmic experience, while the heavy metal is good old fast, energetic fun with solos and powerful vocals, and also a bit of cheesiness.
I'd post the album covers to give a better idea, but I don't want to spoil it, and there's also the unfortunate fact that traditional pulpy fantasy art is way past the glory days of the 80s, so seeing the art might bias some people towards the prog metal stuff, lol.
>>
No. 40768 Kontra
>>40767
I could also push back to 19:00 UTC if that's more convenient for european Ernsts.
>>
No. 40769
361 kB, 500 × 334
>>40767
>17:00 UTC
Alright, glad I won't miss it.
Given this further description of the albums, I'll stick with my original vote for the new wave metal. Plus, if I changed my mind now, I might look wishy-washy :D.
>>
No. 40770
>>40768
If you end up moving it later, to accomodate other Ernsts, of course I'm fine with that, too.
>>
No. 40776
79 kB, 500 × 500
359 kB, 1200 × 1200
>>40770
Ok, stream will start in 15 minutes.
We'll be listening to a self titled album by Traveler and Visigoth - Revenant king.
Both throwbacks to traditional US heavy metal, with some melodic/power metal influences.
>>
No. 40777 Kontra
Is the stream ok?
I usually have connection problems at this time of day, might be needed to let it buffer for a while so that it doesn't cut off.
>>
No. 40778
>>40777
It's cut out for a few seconds a couple of times. I also lost my connection once, but that may have been on my side. I've had that happen on other streams.
>>
No. 40779
Alright, stream over, thanks for listening.
And sorry for the connection issues, it's especially bad nowadays due to everyone staying at home on quarantine.

I'll probably end up switching ISPs or plans next months, I've had it with this provider.
>>
No. 40780
Thanks for streaming. The connection issues weren't a huge bother, and now that you mention the quarantine, it makes more sense. We're all online at the same time, now.
I enjoyed both albums, but would rate Traveller a little higher, mainly for the incredible guitar playing. I couldn't help but notice the Visigoth lyrics were very thematic-revolving around ancient battles and such. From that album, I'd put Blood Sacrifice as my favorite track.
>>
No. 40781
>>40780
Yeah, I have a soft spot for thematic albums, and also prefer it when albums have a good low end and bass to them, especially in metal. And it's frustrating when a metal album sounds thin or harsh, which is common in a lot of heavy/speed/thrash, etc. That's why I like these two albums, they got proper bass. I feel like Traveller is overall more consistent, but a bit uniform while visigoth has some highlights, but also some weaker tracks. I also like the cheesiness factor, like having a song literally about playing DnD :-D

I'll probably stream the aforementioned prog-stoner-ish stuff a few days later, if you're interested.
Maybe some shoegaze? Since I've been interested in that lately.
>>
No. 40782
>>40781
Definitely interested in hearing the stoner/prog stuff, too. We've heard a lot great proggressive music on the weekly streams, and so I'm immediately curious when I see those four letters. I'm not as familiar with shoegaze, but I've recently been diving into synthpop, so I'd be open to that, too. I also saw another ernst just posted some really good Spanish synthpop in the music thread.
>>
No. 40783
>>40782
Shoegaze has a sort of effects heavy, wall of sound aesthetic, with whispering vocals. I'm up for anything with heavy effects use, but I'm not sure I'm on board with the ethos of the genre. It's basically about being a depressed teenager in 90s suburban America. And I mean in a completely un-ironic, sincere way, not in a cynical and jaded way like grunge is.
I can definitely relate more to being a jaded loser than a comparatively well adjusted teenager going through growing pains. But eh, I heard a lot of it is pretty good, and a good moan in music form can be cathartic when you're feeling down.
I'm not well versed in the genre, so I'll spend some time curating stuff that's good to stream.
>>
No. 40815
140 kB, 1287 × 1271
241 kB, 1425 × 1425
Todays winner is "Nirvana - Nevermind".
Few albums had such an impact in the 1990s. The incredible success this album had helped to destroy the careers of dozens of 80s hair metal, glam rock and pop punk bands and allowed bands like Melvins, Butthole Surfers and early to mid 90s Punk Bands like Bad Religion and The Offspring some mainstream success.
Love the album or pretend you don't, you can't deny how huge it was and still is.

In the poll it gets replaced by "The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico".
I also kicked out " Beastie Boys - Ill Communication" and replaced it with "Black Sabbath - Paranoid"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10539309

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in 1 hour from now. Before that a little pre-stream in for of Chef Aid, the South Park Album.
>>
No. 40840
91 kB, 300 × 300
Todays winner is "Mirage - Camel".
The album is one of the best rated albums in the Prog-Rock genre, yet it had very little commercial success.
A reason might be that the band was pretty much a cigarette commercial which even forced them to change their album cover in the USA to one of the most ugly ones i ever saw.

A nice article about the album: https://rascalrecords.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/camel-mirage-prog-rock-with-a-little-help-from-a-flute-celeste-aerosols-bottles-a-can-of-beer-and-paul-mccartney/

In the poll i replaced the winner with "Melvins - Stag"
The new poll: https://poll.fm/10539678

Like always we start at 12:00CET which is in around 40min from now.
>>
No. 40917
564 kB, 1200 × 1200
349 kB, 1200 × 1200
I'll be streaming two proggy doom/stoner albums this week. Which day/time would you guys find convenient?
SLIFT - UMMON
Elder - Lore
Both albums are pretty long, full stream is probably going to be close to two hours, so I have to pick a convenient time. It may even be today at 18 UTC, which is pretty late for me, but my internet connection won't be (as) shitty at that time. If that's okay, I'll go ahead, if not, post and I'll move the date.
>>
No. 40923 Kontra
>>40917
Since there's no interest today, I'll wait a day, and stream possibly at 16-18 UTC tomorrow.
>>
No. 40924
>>40923
I didn't respond to your post because I was OK with the proposed time. I'm also good for tomorrow, though, and the longer lead time may allow more ernsts to jump on board.
>>
No. 40925
>>40924
Well, I underestimated how tired I am, and a 2h long stream at midnight is a bit much for me right now, so it was partially an excuse to postpone for personal reasons.
I don't think I'd enjoy the music if I was forcing myself awake during it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And yeah, it'd be good if more people get interested. I might actually define a fixed day/time and just stream once a week instead of doing it impromptu like now. Might give people some time to actually react and plan for participation. but I get a bit excited over sharing new cool music sometimes.
>>
No. 40950
Stream will be at 17:00 UTC.
>>
No. 40952
607 kB, 900 × 1200
>>40950
Excellent. I'm there.

Woah, starts off strong :D
>>
No. 40953
>>40952
I'm in the chat if you want to hang out.
I keep forgetting about it.
Maybe there should be an embed right on the radio page :-D

also, I have dynamic IP, so I keep getting locked out of my name
>>
No. 40954
>>40953
>I have dynamic IP, so I keep getting locked out of my name

You can register an account to avoid this.
>>
No. 40957 Kontra
Stream over, thanks for listening.
That first album was something I discovered recently and only gave a passing listen couple times, but now I think it's going right into my "certified hood classic" folder.

>>40954
I see. I'll go ahead and do that next time I use the chat, thanks.
>>
No. 40963
That show I said I was gonna do is no longer happening. Fucked up my foot and had to go to hospital. Feels bad man.
>>
No. 40964
>>40963
Shiid, that's a shame.
Good luck with your leg.

Did it happen to be a rusty nail by chance? Am I finally awakening my mystical shamanistic powers? :-D
>>
No. 40965
>>40964
Nah, a knife fell on my toe and sliced it open. It was bleeding very badly, enough to create a puddle :-DDD

Got an x-ray but don't expect any broken bones, probably will need stitches though.
>>
No. 41021
67 kB, 316 × 316
164 kB, 300 × 300
Todays winner is "Black Sabbath - Paranoid".

In the poll it gets replaced by "Fugees - The Score".
I also kicked out "Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory" and replaced it with "Prince - 1999"

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10543140

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in 45min from now.
>>
No. 41022
198 kB, 1024 × 756
175 kB, 1751 × 599
Hi guys, radioadmin here. Kosmonauten asked me recently if there was a possibility to gather statistics from the radio streams, and I said no. Turns out that was a lie. This week i created a script which uses the same json data which Icecast provides and Ernstadmin uses for frontpage integration to gather some data about ongoing streams, and it works like this: there's a cronjob which every 5 minutes polls the current json data from Icecast, and afterwards calls a PHP script to process the data. The script checks if at least one stream is active. If not, it does nothing. If yes, roughly the following is happening:

- if the streamer doesn't exist (has never been seen by the script before), he will be created in the stats database
- if there is no active stream present for the streamer, the stream will be created in the database with the information: streamer, starting time, end time (the current time), stream name, stream description, max listeners
- if there is an active stream for this streamer (an entry for this streamer in the database not older than 15 minutes and with the same stream name), then this entry will be updated with the new end time and - if larger than before - the new max listeners-value.

The data is stored in a local SQLite-DB. In addition, there is a view which shows all the stats I already have collected: http://radio.ernstchan.xyz/statview.php

This page is provided by a local Apache server and not via Icecast, that's why it's port 80 and not 8000. I'll probably fiddle around with this a lot in the next days, so don't be too surprised if things change from time to time. Also don't be surprised if the whole thing melts down a lot, since it's literally helphelper-style development - especially when strange chars are in the stream metadata or if there's more than one stream ongoing. Also feel free to name your streams "my stream;drop database statistics;" from now on, I have implemented some very professional* protection against this.

*might not actually be very professional
>>
No. 41034
174 kB, 1500 × 1489
317 kB, 970 × 970
20 kB, 225 × 225
203 kB, 640 × 640
Todays winner is "Melvins - Stag".

In the poll i replaced the winner with "Cameo - Word Up!"
I also Kicked The "Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia", "The Muffs - Blonder And Blonder" and "Lagwagon - Double Plaidinum".
I replaced them with "Skull Snaps - Skull Snaps", "Fools Garden - Dish Of The Day" and "Fatlip - The Loneliest Punk".

The new poll: https://poll.fm/10543433

>>
No. 41092
Going to put on some music in a bit if there's any interest.
>>
No. 41097
>>41092
It's currently after midnight in Australia. Well, if it's not too late for you to stream, I'm in
>>
No. 41192
37 kB, 670 × 496
126 kB, 1419 × 662
I added some features to the stat database. For all new streams, the listeners will be tracked over time, so that you can display the listener history. Again, the data will be collected in 5-minute-intervals. For older streams, this data does not exist, so I manually added one measurement to the database, so that they at least will be displayed. The max and average listener calcuation will also be done with this values from now on.

You can reach the corresponding view by clicking on any stream number in other views.
>>
No. 41221
31 kB, 474 × 384
23 kB, 400 × 384
>>41192
Excellent work, thanks.
Allow me to break in these latest features with some Led Zeppelin. Live@Paris Theatre, London 1971.
>>
No. 41298
493 kB, 500 × 376
Will be streaming some music from 15:00 to 20:00 (UTC+1), just to warm up the server and initiate a smooth relaxing evening.
>>
No. 41377
29 kB, 355 × 355
Todays winner is "The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico".

In the poll it gets replaced by "The Offspring - Americana".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10546538

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in 1 hour and 15 minutes from now.
I begin with a little pre-stream, feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 41402
112 kB, 640 × 975
17 kB, 200 × 198
I'm considering hosting a show in which we will listen to Shostakovich's 11th symphony - "The Year of 1905" with some breaks to talk about the revolution itself and what different events the movements seek to portray.
Would anyone be interested in this?
>>
No. 41403
>>41402
Not gonna lie, I wanted to do something similar for a while, I just lack the hardware. If you want to do it, please do so. It'd be extremely interesting and cool.
But please do it after the 6th so I can actually listen to it :D
>>
No. 41429
>>41402
Yes, a lot actually.
>>
No. 41431
3,5 MB, 1352 × 1350
I'm sorry that i have to tell you that the sunday album stream will not happen today.
See you next saturday.
>>
No. 41432
403 kB, 1000 × 1000
>>41431
Not so fast, sir. I will fill in and stream one of my favourite metal albums: Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth. As it is common practice, I'll start a little earlier with some random metal.
>>
No. 41486
16 kB, 500 × 300
I'm bored. Throwing down a session in a few minutes. Going to put on some tunes and talk rubbish with listeners in the chat.
>>
No. 41489
Thanks for everyone who stuck their head in and gave us a listen and/or came in and said hello. Was fun.

See you lot next time.
>>
No. 41662
34 kB, 640 × 455
Todays winner is "Prince - 1999".

In the poll it gets replaced by.. nothing.

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10549964
I will probably not have time for the stream tommorrow so we have to move it another week into the future.

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in 30min from now.
>>
No. 41682
338 kB, 1242 × 1236
Gonna be streaming some 90s Russian tunes at midnight GMT (22 mins from now). This is meant to be a test stream for the next project.
>>
No. 41685
91 kB, 1000 × 1000
Opening the stream with this, hopefully someone will join and tell me everything is working good. If nobody does, I will blame Ernstchan instead of myself for announcing it without any real prior notice.
>>
No. 41686
83 kB, 595 × 599
>>41685
>hopefully someone will join and tell me everything is working good
I'm listening and it sounds good, no problems whatsoever.
>>
No. 41687
138 kB, 1080 × 675
>>41686
Thank you!
>>
No. 41691
7 kB, 193 × 261
Shostakovitch playing - Will stick to Russian classical for a while
>>
No. 41692 Kontra
Forgot to add: Should anyone have any requests or want to talk about stuff, post here. I can add you on Discord or so on.
>>
No. 41694
>>41691
Loving it so far.
>>
No. 41696
>>41691
Was he part Polish? He kind of looks like my uncle.
>>
No. 41697
>>41694
>>41696
I'm glad you are enjoying. Shostakovitch wasn't Polish to my knowledge.
>>
No. 41698
71 kB, 500 × 390
>>41682
Enjoyed the stream, thanks.
>>
No. 41699
>>41696
His grandfather was a Polish revolutionary who was exiled to Siberia and married a Russian woman.
>>
No. 41706
99 kB, 700 × 700
Since Mr. Weekly is busy, I'll act as a stand-in again and play another of my favourite metal albums, which is Megadeth - Youthanasia. Album starts at 12:00GMT+2 (german time), so it should be 10:00 EC time. Stream will start 45 minutes or so earlier with some random metal.

>>41697
Yeah thanks for the stream. Listened from bed and think I missed the final 15 minutes or so due to the automatic shutdown I had programmed, but I also liked it!
>>
No. 41815
379 kB, 576 × 485
Given the last attempt seemed to be well received, I'm gonna host another show on Russian music in 1 hour and 15 minutes. That's 23:00 UTC.

Hope to see you there.
>>
No. 41817 Kontra
>>41815
It's 22 UTC, I am sorry.
>>
No. 41821
59 kB, 498 × 498
We're live!
>>
No. 41822
90 kB, 442 × 442
>>41815
Thanks for streaming. I know Krtek may not be Russian, but this was the best I could do :D
>>
No. 41937
218 kB, 1200 × 1200
658 kB, 1417 × 1431
Todays winner is "Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction".

In the poll it gets replaced by "Radiohead - OK Computer".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10553264
And together with the sunday poll here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in 1 hour and 5 minutes from now.
I start with a little pre-stream, feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 41981
431 kB, 1772 × 1149
Streaming Some Death Grips
>>
No. 41983
202 kB, 1400 × 1400
163 kB, 600 × 600
Todays winner is "Fatlip - The Loneliest Punk".
I also kicked "Barrington Levy - Barrington" and "Fools Garden - Dish Of The Day"
I replaced the winner with "Primus - Antipop" and also added "Lagwagon - Let's Talk About Feelings"

The new poll: https://poll.fm/10553508

Like always we start at 12:00 Germany time which is in around 45min from now.
Currently i stream some Death Grips, feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 42087
45 kB, 598 × 450
I just managed to create a videostream, it's up and running right now. I dare you to tune in for some genuine german autism! Will be up for a few minutes only until I get bored.
>>
No. 42089
>>42087
High Definition 420p video, powered by Radio Ernstiwan(tm)!111
>>
No. 42090
46 kB, 628 × 459
>>42089
It's even less, pic related. Someone recently asked if it was possible (I forgot who), and it seems Icecast supports it natively. Configuration seems to be a bit glitchy in VLC, but proof of concept was hereby delivered :DD
>>
No. 42122
663 kB, 800 × 6000
I made a howto in case you want to try out videostreaming with VLC/Win10. It's highly experimental, and what worked for me might not necessarily work for you due to differences in platform. If you encounter problems or have additional information I'd be interested to hear about it. The setup I have now is only a measly proof of concept and seems to be prone to crashing. In case you are interested: I have no idea if livestreaming is possible, like for example streaming a video and do live commentary, for now I only know how to stream existing video files. But since the radio only cares about stream format I guess it's all up to the stream source setup, so in theory it should be possible.
>>
No. 42124
91 kB, 626 × 626
Streaming some random punk.
Join me in the chat if you feel like it.
>>
No. 42126
>>42122
Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try it out at some point.
>hit "stream" and pray
:D
That was my experience just trying to stream audio with VLC.
btw, I hope that's not your real password in the image. If it is, just say it isn't, and then no one will try to use it because they'll think it's wrong :D. t. Psychology pro .
>>
No. 42127
38 kB, 640 × 360
>>42126
It was, I even blurred it out in the first screenshot (the real one, not the start123), but then I had to correct the screenshot roughly 9001 times and eventually forgot about it. Then I realized my blunder about 5min after posting and changed my password. Good that I use randomized passwords for everything radio related.
>That was my experience just trying to stream audio with VLC.
It always seems to be kind of a lottery, and some checkboxes, no matter how cute and harmless they seem, can really screw up the settings.
>>
No. 42131
49 kB, 1081 × 475
Something seems wrong with the time. It doesn't show 0 hours x minutes as this but instead as 1 hour x minutes.
>>
No. 42133
50 kB, 640 × 640
>>42131
Yeah I noticed too. It seems like the function I use here is suitable for times and dates, but not for durations. I don't know why, but date and time related operations are always a major source of trouble in every programming language I ever touched. Or maybe it's me having a date-and-time-function disability.
>>
No. 42135 Kontra
40 kB, 368 × 271
OK I fixed it with one of my signature small brain solutions™, but it seems to work. Now I go to bed and hope that it will still work tomorrow.
>>
No. 42210
Damn posted in the wrong thread but Prostmusik is on air!
>>
No. 42214
993 kB, 1600 × 900, 0:01
The keyboard clacking, breathing, clattering sounds add a kind of coziness to the laid back, chill music.

Feels like a future memory of halcyon days.
>>
No. 42215
>>42214
Hah seems like I forgot to mute the mic - again.
>>
No. 42244
I'm currently away and not sure if i can make it back home in time. To make sure that i'm able to stream today i would move the streaming time 1 hour back to 18:00 Germany time.

Is that okay for all the listeners or would it be better for you to have the stream next week?
>>
No. 42251
>>42244
Im fine with it but isn't the stream always at 6pm? I am confused.
>>
No. 42253
17 kB, 628 × 316
>>42244
Damn, i got the timing mixed up and somehow assumed we would start at 17:00... after all this time.
So, it seems like we start in time.

Let's start with an hour of Frank Zappa to make up for me being retarded.
>>
No. 42255
151 kB, 600 × 599
Todays winner is "Fugees - The Score".

In the poll it gets replaced by "The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope".

The poll for next week can be found here: https://poll.fm/10556478
And together with the sunday poll here: http://ernst.bplaced.net/everything.html

Like always we start at 18:00 Germany time which is in 45min from now.
Until then we listen to some Zappa, feel free to join me in the chat.
>>
No. 42256
Due to a request some old school hip hop after the album stream.
>>
No. 42281
610 kB, 1398 × 1398
408 kB, 1500 × 1500
161 kB, 560 × 560
Todays winner is "Primus - Antipop". One of those Albums that the Band itself and the hardcore fans seem to really dislike but i don't. Pretty much the same with Houdini by Melvins, no one seems to like it as much as the other albums but it's one of my favorites from the band.

To give my last sentence some sense i replace the winner with "Melvins - Houdini".
I also add "Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today" (Not as emo as it sounds, really)

The new poll: https://poll.fm/10556728

Like always we start at 12:00 Germany time which is in around 1 hour from now.
Join me in the pre-stream and the chat.
>>
No. 42447
161 kB, 560 × 560
Just wanted to make you aware that we don't have many votes in the poll for this Saturday.

https://poll.fm/10556728
>>
No. 42448 Kontra
215 kB, 1080 × 1080
>>42447
*Sunday
>>
No. 42462
Since many streams are spontaneous they are missed. So a short announcement I will stream some heavy moody rock (some metal, some hard rock/grunge, goth rock) tomorrow afternoon, around 15:00 German time. Just in case you want to listen. Most likely until the early evening.
>>
No. 42470
95 kB, 668 × 800
I'm going to be hosting a radio show about the Russian revolution of 1905. Saturday at 23:00 UTC.

I'll take callers if anyone is interested in phoning in.
>>
No. 42472
>>42470
>telling me about my country
I guess that might be amusing to listen :-D
>>
No. 42479
>>42470
Oh it be 02:00 Sunday if I not mistaken by moscow time?
>>
No. 42510
373 kB, 868 × 585
>>42472
Because you slacked off in early high school, now you only have to deal with an assburger Portugalian tell you about your country's history. Will be fun :DD

I've been outlining how to go about this and thinking about different perspectives around the revolution and how to frame it.
I'll finish writing my general script tomorrow, I promise that if nothing else it will be an entertaining trainwreck :DD
Yes, at 2:00 Moscow Time I'll be putting on this autistic show.

For all Ernsts reading this - if you are spending saturday night out having fun I will report you to the bolis for endangering your society during a pandemic.
Also should anyone want to during the show, I will put out radio ernst skype username you can call if you want to be on.
>>
No. 42540
Due to complications the saturday stream will be moved to monday.
I beg for forgiveness.
>>
No. 42562
>>42510
>skype
fug, skype still exists?
>>
No. 42565
>>42562
I guess we can use another program for calling if anyone wants to.
>>
No. 42569
>>42565
I think discord works the best. Almost everyone has it, and I don't have to remember my old skype login
>>
No. 42574
76 kB, 760 × 1002
Going live in 15 minutes!
>>
No. 42575
35 kB, 600 × 450
>>>>42574
My body is ready!
>>
No. 42579
New Thread >>42577