/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 44858
384 kB, 1600 × 1067
Old one is on Systemkontra
>>
No. 44860
I love how gloriously brutally cyberpunk Russia can be without even trying.

Well today I woke up feeling off and still feeling sluggish and shitty at work despite getting more rest than usual (probably a total of 6 hours maybe even more). I hate the way when I get home I want to do absolutely nothing at all though, to the extent that I don't even feel like games. It's a problem.

Meanwhile I can't do dick about my unemployment claim until Monday, which for us this is the last week of UI gibes. I've been working on trying to finally build a computer and at least get the parts sorted out although I'm nowhere near close to finished solely with the progress being deciding on a GPU and being very close to which CPU which will be either a Ryzen 3600, 3600Xt or whatever, or a more likely 3700X for some futureproofing because why not but due to the fact that something is still fucked with my UI claim and the subsequent discovery of us not even being guaranteed an extra 1200NEETbux which on top of that is going to take way longer to arrive than I thought...well you see where this is going.

It's now looking plausible I may actually have to indefinitely postpone that build because of all this which is partly because I absolutely do not want to have less than a one month rent buffer at this point. I know that one Brit called me retarded for it (or maybe it was Aussie under a brit IP idk) however each step of the way I become more steadfastly convinced that this was the right and smart decision because it means that I should never have to worry about being evicted or paying rent with less than a month lead time to straighten shit out. Like presently I'm paid off for August. I actually paid that rent back in mid July, and provided I got a huge chunk of cash all at once it's likely I'd actually try paying off not just two months of rent into the future but also trying to write checks for credit towards the next month's internet and utility bills. Well, maybe I shouldn't give a fuck about internet I'd probably be better off with my connection getting cut. My last bills I overpaid by a few cents just as a test to check if my coming bill is going to have that automatically subtracted, which if so would indicate I can just write them checks for double then pay off into the future.

The purpose for this is my own ease of mind and total future security which if you ever had to rough it you'd understand my mindset. If I could get all my UI benies like in total counting all missed weeks it could actually give me the leverage against the future deep into the winter. What that effectively means is if my cash and hours suddenly starts drying up I have a massive extension on planning and being able to react to such dire circumstances while also effectively freeing up the totality of my income stream towards whatever I want whether it's savings or discretionary spending or whatever. That means I don't have to spend my money on much of anything for that month and saving up for next month rent suddenly becomes optional. It tl;dr enables me to practically live a lifestyle and ease of mind like I'm living rent free even if I am not, and it should be noted

I've been trying to have little financial tricks too. Like one which I'd recommend is if any of you spend money on stupid shit, tax yourself for it. Can't remember mentioning this but I'll tax myself anywhere from 10-50% or 100% on stupid shit like the lotto and not have access to it til the end of the month. You can adjust your own cash in frequency to 1 week, 1 year whatever but this effectively cuts down on my spending for things like video games because suddenly that $40 purchase is $50, and if you smoke like I do or you drink or do other drugs or any kind of pointless spending (idk 40K or anime figurines, sweets, whatever you decide to tax yourself on) your actual cost goes up which forces you to spend less and think you have less money on hand thus being forced to budget more. I then cash this in at the end of the month after deducting those sintax lines and add it back in as one large + budget line each month which basically insulates me from as severe cash fluctuations and cushions that blow of bills and rent etc. If you tax eating out, going to bars whatever you'll get amazed how much it adds up.

Clearly I am still not feeling financially secure though and this is the last week of UI gibes for us. My regular state UI which is practically nothing coupled with massively reduced hours is barely making parity for rent alone. So it's making me nervous. I still have a massive amount of back claims I've spent literally months trying to get processed and iirc two weeks are missing although the money is not in my bank account so regardless of it being confirmed or not I ain't counting that money until it's in my hands. Due to the fact it's the last weekend most of us can get that extra $500+ it's actually closer to that. Yes we actually get income taxed on our unemployment gibes. Between state and federal income taxes on UI my take home is substantially lower than $600 which you absolutely want to have taken out so you don't get hit with a massive tax bill for paying fed/state income taxes by April I'm increasingly nervous about getting it and not getting too greedy and trying to get it fixed for the extra week or two I'm missing, only to have my claim not get paid out until August at which point I'd be getting fucking nothing in pursuit of that extra thousand dollars.

I'm not even sure what to do but clearly stewing about it because again it's the weekend and there's nothing I can do until Monday. If I can somehow manage to get it pushed through and then try and get it fixed including a few details they somehow got wrong then I've only got the next several business days to get that fixed and paid out before all pandemicbux payments stop July 31st.
I'm not bitching mind you just increasingly nervous and frantic feeling about the national and my future situation and I guess just textwalling so I can carefully think through and plan out each sequence of next steps to take within a very short time frame while dealing with an overworked and underfunded and understaffed bureaucracy working on obsolete systemsfuck it feels Imperium of Man here sometimes
>>
No. 44861 Kontra
>>44860
Sorry tl;dr I'm not sleeping well and spent my entire time after work looking at why I should get which parts and which Ryzen CPU or which mobo etc. while fretting about the economic situation personally and for the country and while trying to figure out how and hoping I can push paying rent off until deep into the winter and not even having to think about paying again until at least October
>>
No. 44862
42 kB, 645 × 436
Have a shot at a job. It's just being a cafe cook, and the hours aren't huge but it's money in my pocket. I have my doubts that it'll work out because my email put it in my junk folder, so it took 2 days to notice, but stranger things have happened, and it's the closest I've had to a break this whole damn year. Also applied for a big apprentice intake at a plant manufacturer next year, and also got one in for linesman training at a power company in the same ballpark timeframe. It'd be pretty great to land one of those but I don't have high hopes.

>>44860
Weren't me.
>>
No. 44863 Kontra
33 kB, 360 × 540
>>44862
Ayy, we back.
>>
No. 44867
>>44862
I wish you luck with the linesman job.

Meanwhile, I'm in that strange phase that you have for a few days after an exhausting exam. I'm still in a mode where I am used to learning for 10 hours a day but I don't have a clear goal to learn for. This is the time where I start new projects and get very far very quickly before eventually trailing off and adding yet another "discontinued" thing to my list.
>>
No. 44868
>>44867
>This is the time where I start new projects and get very far very quickly before eventually trailing off and adding yet another "discontinued" thing to my list.
Hits close to home tbh. Also, the talk of lingering exam stuff reminds me of how I occasionally still wake up in sweats from a nightmare of exams and assignments. Haven't done them for years but it's like some PTSD-type shit mang.
>>
No. 44873
Yesterday I had a little nostalgia-trip as I remembered owning a few volumes of Pocket-Garfield.
Unlike in "normal" countries, here Garfield is published in a monthly magazine format dedicated solely to Garfield and in a bi-monthly booklet form. The former is called the Garfield Magazine, the latter Pocket Garfield.
Judging by the publication date, the earliest volume I own was from 2005.
Didn't knew Davis sold the copyright to Viacom.

I'm feeling very tired, and that's despite drinking a litre of tea. Got a bigger teapot. The old one was very bothersome to clean, because my hand was too big to properly scrub it on the inside.

I've wrote some diary entries and also finally developed that flash-fiction concept I had in my mind for a while.
I still can't write lengthy stories, and all my short stories keep turning into weird free-verse prose-poems. I guess I'm okay with it now.

Then I opened up my copy of the Argonautica to read it. Then I closed it on page two, because right after the invocation comes the Catalogue of Heroes.
Catalogues are arguably the most boring parts of old epic poems. The Nibelungenlied has them too, but at least there it's short, and the introduced characters actually play a role in the story.
In the Iliad it just goes on and on and it's so boring I skipped it last year when I tried reading the Iliad. The Odyssey thankfully has no such part, and it's all the better for it.

The printer is out of ink, so I can't make photocopies of the necessary documents. Though it's not like I have them all. Some will only become accessible once the university sends me my registration code to their digital administration system.
Not like I'm in a hurry. Matriculation will take place in late August.

I managed to write all the letters I wanted, made all the necessary calls and so on to tell people the good news. Most of them were to old teachers or internet-friends.
Didn't really bother with my relatives. The only ones I told directly were my godparents.
The rest of the family I let my mother tell, because I don't care much for the rest of the family.
>>
No. 44874
So I checked out a room today. I wasn't aware of it but apparently the part of the city it was in is a miniature Neukölln. Only one of the roommates was there and showed me around, it was quite dirty, but what absolutely killed me was that the bathroom sink was basically in the kitchen, the shower was in some sort of nook next to the sink, not even separated by a door(?) from the kitchen, reminiscent of a castle latrine or sth, and then the toilet was tiny and dark and separated by a plywood wall(?) from the shower. Really weird stuff, well at least the room itself was quite large and very bright with a decent view. Still a mystery to me who in their right mind would pay 300€ for it...
I was about to write more applications, but it turns out a friend's roommate is moving out in September, so if everything works out I'll just pay Mother her rent for August and go with that.

>>44804
I was just joking about "squatting" at home by not paying Mother the rent money, but good to know if my circumstances become more dire :D

>>44807
Belated congrats dude!
>>
No. 44875
Yeah I think I'm going to go with the 3700x. I don't give a shit about the free games bundled on newegg because all of them are shid so that isn't a factor but considering the fact that I deliberately gimped my new GPU because I see it as the easiest upgrade part in the future I wanted to put that extra money saved into the CPU which I know is ass backwardness for building a gaming rig but I wanted to future proof it that way and getting the extra 2 cores does seem like a really good idea for a 5 year plan of not having to even think about my CPU but plausibly upgrading GPU in that time frame. It's all the more tempting because literally the money I saved going AMD is going towards a way better CPU than old PoS obsolete Intel and moreover it does seem like getting that extra 2 cores goes a long way towards futureproof against new games in 5 years that utilize more cores while also managing to have a much better setup in case I ever want to do hard video editing and streaming by the end of that 5 year plan which is exceedingly likely. All in all I am more satisfied with my mental decision making in this regard and can probably begin moving onto the case and motherboard. So that is my plan for the day.

In other news I am still exhausted and weird feeling. I don't know why. I woke up at 3am after falling asleep way earlier than normal at midnight and ended up using a few chems including my old hydroxyzine prescription which I barely ever use. Each time this happens I can see why I drank so much back in the day. I had this weird restlessness and extreme muscle tightness in my shoulders last night tossing and turning that began to remind me of why I tried tianeptine for anxiety ages ago and found out it was highly addictive and stopped that. I hadn't thought about it in years but it felt similar and I found no relief until I took that shitty Rx antihistamine and finally fell back asleep only to sleep in exceedingly late. Whatever. I have the day off so I got in as much big beautiful sleep as I possibly could because I don't have to go to work tomorrow either knock on wood which gives me a solid amount of time to refresh myself.

Really idk why I'm having worse and worse sleeping troubles but last night was bizarre. I woke up feeling low key awful and couldn't sleep. It felt like a back massage was needed most. Every muscle tense. Maybe it's just an underriding anxiety and paranoia about other things manifesting as psychosomatic. Idk. But my shoulders still feel tense.

I think I'll just try and take care of a couple chores today and see if I can get a few more parts decided on by tonight. I have no clue about choosing motherboards. I have some very specific things I want about the case which I'm having trouble finding like a microSD card reader for front bus of the case while still having at minimum one other bay for optical drive, preferably two, much like Old Faithful my Dell XPS 8500. I've loved that machine. I also want to not have any weird top mesh which is infuriating me on cases because I use that as a shelf and I don't want dust and weird shit falling in internals and I'm not in the mood to build a shelf to perch over what I regard as a defect in the case but most cases I see have that stupid mesh on top, and very few have tempered glass that opens as a door. I'm not going to have the stupid thing sideways idc about seeing some distracting spinny shit while I game I just want a side opening door that makes it easy for me to dick around inside it without pulling the whole setup out. I think if I can get the case and mobo figured out mostly by tomorrow I can start finishing plans and put it all together.

I'm still not sure why I feel so tense. It's like my subconscious knows something awful is about to happen that my conscious mind is not yet ready to perceive. It almost feels like my worries about UI and money is just a distraction, a more tangible and easier object to put my worry into than some existential dread. Like I secretly know something bad is happening but am not allowed to know it if that makes any sense.

So anyway I'm hoping to hop on newegg and grab that part today which is spending money that I technically don't actually have because I havent paid my September rent yet and I'm drawing on it under the expectation that I can at least get my last $550 weekly UI gibes filed today and cashed out tomorrow, which would just be enough to cover these two purchases. Something feels vaguely wrong.
>>
No. 44876
>>44874
Is it a very big town? But even then I guess you can find better flats/rooms for that price regardless of the city.

I will have to move to a different city the first time in my life and I actually have an online appointment for seeing potential future flatmates (three female, one male, not sure if this is good, but I don't want to live with penis owners only, don't ask me why). Kill me, I think this shit is akward as hell but these people seemed easy going in comparison to pale personalities placing ads or eco freaks that play boardgames every sunday as a kind of wg institution / bonding function. I hit the return button flat out.
>>
No. 44877 Kontra
>>44876
forgot to say: it is online ofc.
>>
No. 44878
Tanking 50mg of seroquel and 3 cans of beer. This is ridiculous.
I just want to sleep. 50mg used to knock me the fuck out. What happened?
>>
No. 44879
>>44878
Tolerance happened. I used to be like you. You have to stop taking it for awhile because it's also subtly killing your personality and making you fat. It took me ages to realize this. I think at my worst I got up to maybe 200, 300mg for sleep. Mixing with alcohol is a super bad idea btw. I've heard horror stories about neurological damage from that. You have to find something else to switch to or only use one at s time. The best part is if you're unemployed it really does give you the opportunity to only try and sleep normally and spend a couple months trying to let everything reset on its own. Just be patient because it kinda takes awhile and you're going to be exhausted for a couple weeks as you keep not being able to sleep but if you dont have a job and haven't got any pressing appointments you can just stay up until like 7:00am and sleep til 4:00pm and let your own body and brain begin to adjust.

Minus this latest oddly severe bout of seasonal insomnia I've actually generally managed to fall asleep without chemical aid and get up around 7:30am if not earlier and go to bed or fall asleep no later than 2:00am, and usually earlier. While I've lost that now it was fucking glorious that extended period of time I could get up and sleep like a normal human bean. You just have to be patient as your body rhythm adjusts to not getting bombarded by super potent chemicals. I'd also strongly suggest that you in particular don't drink.
>>
No. 44880
>>44879
That's the thing, I only started taking it again two days ago with the explicit goal of fixing my sleep pattern so I can go job hunting.
And in the long term, avoid situations where I show up to work as a barely functional zombie because I couldn't sleep all night.

I'll do it the old fashioned way then. Pull an all nighter and go to bed the next evening.
>>
No. 44881
>>44880
>I'll do it the old fashioned way then. Pull an all nighter and go to bed the next evening.

I had to laught reading it, the old fashioned way indeed.
Also makes me think of the point were one becomes wake again and then stays up until late in the night again :DDD
>>
No. 44888
>>44887
>There's no way of fixing this is there

Well, you could get a similar monitor that's broken for another reason and switch the panel, but i guess with monitor prices these days buying a new one would be the way to go.
>>
No. 44891
>>44887
I don't suppose it's still under warranty?
>>
No. 44892
Mild success.
Got up at 9:30 this time. Two hours earlier than yesterday.

Still a few hours away from my goal of 7:00. 100mg seems to do the job. Which is a shame because shit's expensive and I was hoping to get by on quarter pills. Oh well.
>>
No. 44897
My whole body is screaming at me that I should be asleep right now. Fixing my biorhythm's gonna be a bitch. It's a struggle to stay awake even if I slept for 9 hours.

>>44887
Shit man, sorry this happened to you.
I know this feel, too. At the end of the first year of art school, I was gifted some money to buy a box easel, since this whole time I couldn't afford it and used a janky tripod setup to paint. Well, on my way to the art supply store, the money was pickpocketed. I only noticed at the checkout, holding my shiny new easel, a dark stained wood finish, real classy. I had to put it back when I realized I have no money.
Went home empty handed, laid down on the bed, and stared at the ceiling for a few hours. Didn't even feel upset, just accepted the fact that reality took a big fat shit on my head.
>>
No. 44899
155 kB, 1920 × 1080
Got my registration code for the university's digital administration system.
There's something really heartwarming about how the e-mail starts with "Congratulations to your acceptance and welcome to ELTE".
In a sense, I studies 3 years just for this very line. It makes me feel giddy and puts a grin on my face, exactly like when I imagined it sometimes before drifting off to sleep.

Yesterday night I did some archival work and edited another old today thread down to a text file. Not every post, just my posts and the replies.
My journals have holes in them my posts fill. I still have like 15 other to go through, but I just keep wondering how long will it be once I'm done with the process. Currently every thread is like 20-30 pages of text.
I plan on printing them out and binding them together.

The sky is beautiful ocean blue today. I've been wishing for a sky like this for a while now.
The walnut trees gently swinging in the wind as cars pass by just enhances the experience. It's summer.
>>
No. 44902
Going to Budapest for a week. Don’t have a clue of what to do other than going to see some sights and museums but maybe that’s enough. Probably should’ve booked a shorter stay. Visiting Hungary for the first time is nice though.
>>
No. 44904
2,0 MB, 4032 × 3024
>>44902
Most of the cool stuff is in the city-centre.

Heroes' Square (Hősök Tere) is a must. It's a large square with a huge collection of statues called the Millennium Memorial. On the side you have two beautiful neoclassicist museum buildings. One is the Museum of Fine Arts (Szépművészeti Múzeum) and the other is the Kunsthalle/Art Hall (Műcsarnok).
The National Museum is also a good place. I think entry is free during the weekends, but don't quote me on that. It has a pretty park around it with some statues.

Then you have the Buda Castle, which by itself is already very pretty, but it also houses the National Gallery and the National Széchényi Library.
The building itself is worth a visit in my opinion.

Almost right across the Danube you have the Parliament building. Build in a neo-Gothic style, it's often called the prettiest in Europe.
Now, I have no idea how to get inside, I think you have to book a ticket in advance or not.
I think you have to. But it's worth it. The inside is also very pretty and richly decorated.
You also get to see the Holy Crown of Saint Stephen I., which is considered one of the most important items in Hungarian history.
https://www.parlament.hu/en/web/visitors

There's also stuff like the Fisherman's Bastion (Halászbástya) and the Matthias Church (Mátyástemplom).

Don't know what else could you really visit here. Maybe the Museum of Military History.
http://www.militaria.hu/en/visitor-informations
No idea if the Széchenyi-bath is open for example. Or any of the bathhouses.

If you want to buy "I <3 Hungary" tourist trinkets for 2000 euros, then Váci Street is the place to be.

Be sure to bring a mask, because it's mandatory to wear on public transport. You can get to pretty much any of the famous places with transport relative ease. (The Airport is linked to the city centre via a shuttle-bus service of the local transport company, so you don't have to pay 5000 euros for a taxi.)
>>
No. 44906
I've been watching this channel https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoLeakPolice/videos since yesterday evening, at least 10-15 videos.

It is somehow interesting, also a bleak chapter of US society tbh. I can only sense now why GTA series is so well suited to be placed in the US.
The roads they often chase along, the suburbs and bigger streets with one story commercial and service buildings on both sides of the road, the cop cars and all the guns. So many pulled guns infront of cops, what drives people to this? A hispanic male sitting in the car and the comments are right I think, the large sip from the getorade, reminds me of myself being nervous af and taking a sip. The family in the car and he knows he will get arrested already, why still pull a gun? Surely rationality did not win, but it's so sad to see all the violence and murder by stupidity enabled together with gun politics.
Or the suicide by cop thing, I guess US cops are not shallow to pull the trigger. Have seen a video where the officer tasers but gets beaten still, and I wonder, what will you do when somebody pulls a gun. Somehow I'm not so surprised anymore about the fatalities, guns are not unusual with suspects and I guess police gets trained on that basis. I don't want to see this directly connected with incidents like Floyd, which seems to be another issue that nonetheless plays into the climate of US society.
>>
No. 44907
>>44904
Thank you for the ideas and information! Due to the current situation I think some of the baths, smaller museums and even the airport shuttle bus are not available but that’s ok. I think for most cases I can check online if the place is open or not. And of course you can always appreciate the beautiful architecture from the outside anyways.

One thing I have to ask if you know where I should go for ebin Hungarian cuisine? That is if you’ve heard of a good place or even have eaten good food in Budapest yourself. Doesn’t have to be fancy. No worries if you don’t know. I think I’ll be happy with just trying out some random places and of course getting stuff from the store. I’m just a simple man.
>>
No. 44908 Kontra
>>44897
I mean I'm just not quite as upset right now because bizarrely for me I both have the extra money that I can afford it on top of having a couple shitty backup monitors (900p and 766p) but it's still a $160+ hit that I absolutely did not need to take right now and on top of that idk even if the one I ordered through some weird microsoft site is getting shipped and not going to piss me off by being bright white instead of black or something. I will tell you that what it did do is convince me I have to have some kind of a system for having lead weights or something strapped onto the bottom of it and make absolutely sure that next time it is fully shielded from any tipping accidents. I was surprised how little force it took to absolutely destroy the monitor I'd been so proudly talking about. You know what kontra I might have to delete this post too.

>>44891
Oh ho ho of course fucking not I just got the thing and never paid extra which even the extended warranty coverage I'm not sure "moving my mattress and having it fall over flat on its face on my keyboard" is going to be covered under much of any warranty. You know what I'm just going to stop talking about that now. I feel like I'm jinxing myself every time I open up my stupid mouth about money related things. I should just shut the fuck up and be grateful and manage better.
>>
No. 44909
>>44907
I think the shuttle-bus is actually in service just like every other bus in the city. I remember seeing it coming home from Greece.
Also be sure to check if you're even able to come in without much hassle. Though checking it, entry from Finland is hassle-free, you don't have to go into quarantine or provide a negative PCR test.

>Good food
No idea. I don't go to restaurants. But in the inner city you'll find tons of restaurants that serve Hungarian cuisine. Just remember: Goulash is a soup, not a stew. If it's a stew, you're eating pörökölt töpörödött törpördögök :-D.
>>
No. 44914
Success. Woke up at 6 AM, went to bed at about 21:30.
Now I need to keep it up for long enogh to reset my internal clock.
>>
No. 44915
>>44914
Noice. I haven't had to be up that early for a long while. My last job opened doors at 11AM so I could sleep in until 9 or so comfortably. Worst I ever had was when I was an afternoon kitchen hand and morning housekeeper at a hotel around the corner from the kitchen. On Fridays my rostering wouldn't clash but would make for a bad time. I'd be up at 6AM, start at 8AM and then work until 12:30, run to the kitchen to be on time (started at 12:30, but had permission for 15 minutes transit time) and then work until a bit after midnight. Then I'd be home by 1:30 and sleep for the next 4.5 hours because of body clock issues :-DDD

Moral of the story, working multiple jobs is not great. It'll keep you off the street but if you can land a worse paying job that's at least just a single fucken job, then it's the superior option.
>>
No. 44916
>>44915
Yeah, I probably don't necessarily have to wake up that early for most potential jobs, as a lot of them start at 9:00, but I have a plan to maximize my lucid brain time.
Usually a few hours after waking up I'm still groggy and slow, so it's better to use that time on low cognitive effort stuff like exercise, hygiene, maybe some housekeeping, etc., and then be completely lucid for the stuff I need to be productive at. That's the plan, anyway.
Evening, same deal. Since my pills kick in after about 1.5 hours, I'll take them a few hours before bedtime, and do something menial while they kick in.
Hopefully, it'll work out.

Regarding jobs, this time I'm definitely looking for somewhere with a short commute and passing on everything else. Last time I had a 1.5 hour to 2 hour (if unlucky) commute through the busiest streets in the city and it was a pain in the ass. Also, the boss made us stay late with no overtime pay, which sucked. I ended up getting kicked out and only given half my pay (which barely covered the travel/food expenses) after I fucked up a client's order due to not being informed by anyone that we couldn't actually fulfill it, despite asking. But I think I told that story already.

But it was a good learning experience. The lesson I learned was that I should do the absolute bare minimum and not stick my head out. I'm a type of person who learns by taking on a task that's way over my head, failing miserably, and reaping the experiences, but I guess that shit doesn't fly when you're doing it on someone else's dime lol.
>>
No. 44918
And so begins the humiliating process of applying for jobs as a mid 20s uni dropout with no experience :-DDDD.
My resume is 50% fiction. Wish they'd just ask me to come over for an interview.

I had one shot at a good job back when I was an unstable schizo retard, and I fucked it up. I could've been a boss by now.
>>
No. 44921
52 kB, 475 × 356
>>44918
To whom it may concern,

[INSERT NAME HERE] Is a fully sick cunt, and I highly recommend them as an employee.

t. le prestigious first world employerman

Call me an employer to my face and I'll punch you.
>>
No. 44923
>>44921
Actually that reminds me of an idea I had.
With how nepotistic and connection based employment here is, and with my tendency to make more international / english speaking friends than local friends, I could start hanging out on various KZ expat communities / forums, become a regular, and then subtly probe them for possible jobs the companies they work for could offer me. With a hearty recommendation from the expat in question :-DDDD.

During my drunken strolls through the city last year, I used to approach foreign looking people in the park and start chatting with them. They'd compliment me on how tolerable my accent is, and seemed to be glad to be talking to someone who knows their native tongue. Overall pleasant fellows. They should stop stealing our jerbs and get out, though :-DDD
>>
No. 44925
>>44876
>Is it a very big town?
One of the largest in the Rhein-Main-Gebiet, but not really that big tbh

How'd that online appointment go? I feel like there's a lot of stuff you can't see through the camera.
>>
No. 44926
>>44925
If it is not Frankfurt it is about the size of the city I live in now I guess. Anyway for that money you can get a better room then.

The appointment will be soon. I'm a bit nervous, it's kinda weird to do such things.
>>
No. 44927
>>44921
First thing I read on the internet today is best post

I am so loathe to even mention it anymore after the destruction of a rather nice monitor or jinxing myself but afaik things are mostly fixed so I'm trying to figure out a case and narrowed down to two mobos
>>
No. 44928
Ernst, you are probably a haver of ailments, so riddle me what could be wrong with me:

>Can drink liters of milk, no issue
>Can eat kilos of cheese, no issue
>Can eat pizza, no issue
>Can eat salami, no issue
Which means I am neither lactose intolerant nor histamin intolerant. BUT

>Eat selfmade pizza, butt explodes
>Eat anything with molten cheese, butt explodes
>It's not even always the same cheese

I mean, I can definitely say the issue arises in connection with cheese that is at least warm. As mentioned above, cold cheese is no problem and browned/baked cheese is also no problem, but something must be in molten cheese that really turns my guts and I have no idea why. I assume it's due to some product formed during heat breakdown of cheese that get inactivated/broken down further above a certain temperature or after a certain time, but I wasn't able to find anything on it. I thought I might have some kind of galactose intolerance, but everything I found is congenital that should have had severe effects much earlier in life.
>>
No. 44929
56 kB, 900 × 900
>"Son, I need your help tomorrow down in the workshop, be up by 8."
>"Aye."
>Wake up
>"Your father said he'll call you after lunch"
>Go to bed and sleep until lunch
>Don't start anything because he might call me any moment
>Call never happens
>Entire day wasted
>>
No. 44930
>>44929
>next day
>get call
>where were you son I needed you at 11am
It's gonna happen
>>
No. 44931
31 kB, 880 × 480
>>44930
Nah. We'll just do it tomorrow.
In essence, he wasted two of my days instead of just one.
>>
No. 44932
69 kB, 602 × 406
Long time no post Ernsts. So much has happened I haven't had the time nor energy to post on ibs. Can't say my life improved much but here I am back again on Ernst.

In 3 weeks I will be moving back to the big city for my unfinished degree, and in a way one life chapter with part-time jobs and taking care of parents closes. I need to properly reflect on these 2 years, but it will be in my private journal not on EC. With living back at home and not having to pay for rent, I could save most of my paycheck coming in. But in the end I used my hoard to bail out my parents from a shitty living situation and consumer debt, though seeing my parents safe and debt-free is priceless. They are now ready to enjoy the retirement they deserve. I will still visit them every weekend until there is a corona vaccine and they can go get the groceries themselves.
>>
No. 44933
Trying to build PCs sure is making me feel clueless and incompetent. I have never done this before and don't know what I'm doing while being well aware of the fact that all major manufacturers directly prey on exactly that to sell you either cheap hot garbage or far more than you could ever possibly need, use, or want at still remarkably inflated prices. It is an odd feeling being knowingly a Mark for a grifters and feeling like you're incapable of doing anything about that.

At least I've narrowed it down to one of two mobos either the x570 Tuf or the x570 Tiachi by Asus and ASRock. Which on the one hand there's plausibly a couple of other design features on the Taichi but not by much and quite probably not enough to justify that additional $110 price tag a good deal of which is seemingly aesthetics alone (either is pretty aesthetic in my book though the more expensive with its gimmicky gear appeals visually) but I guess what I'm ultimately stuck on is my native fresh-from-the-shtetl cheapness meeting my laziness and incompetence head on with the acknowledgment that, yes, yes I would much rather pay the extra $110 for a couple stupid buttons like clear CMOS and BIOS flashback and a digital error code readout display on the mainboard, which I do likewise acknowledge could plausibly end up saving me something like $60+ for some kind of excruciating hassle and headaches on some later day for issues I could never have conceived of like repairs, shipping fees, new adapter or replacement God knows what. And I mean, do I really gibe a shit that the Tiachi has C USB front bus and the other does not? Do I really give any shits that one could have better liquid cooling options in the future, as if suddenly I'm going to overcome both incompetence and laziness to have some Abibas stickered vodka fueled cooling rig? Will I ever run a 3 card multi GPU setup on PCIe 4?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTJfLyo_vE not terribly likely.

But all that being stated I am still kind of torn for some reason about whether to just go for it and get the shiniest motherboard I can possibly find and still afford I've got no damn idea why anyone could possibly spend $1,400 on a mobo which yes I've actually seen, or even why you would consider spending $600, $700, $850 like the true higher end ones

So that is what I spent my whole day today and yesterday doing just about. I did not ever anticipate spending this extraordinarily much time on just trying to figure out components to get which I guess makes sense for a buying a new car tier purchase for me but still. I just had to learn so much shit over the past several days it's incredible to me and I mean, the only real reason why I am even doing it is simply because I don't actually anticipate ever being in a capacity to build a computer again until the late 2020s which means I'm basically buying against the future right now to be in a capacity to just slot new things in as I need and can afford them, if at all. So if prices do drop and I can buy old used shit on craigslist in 5 years like maybe running a dual card rig or replacing something else I can actually do it hence the same reason I am trying to figure out what the hell kind of PSU to get which st this point I just want to be preferably 8 SATA connectors gold rated that won't ever fail and with a high enough wattage that I can run some fancy bullshit in the future without having to replace that. Again, I am actively spending against my own future here to where I am basically considering a wildly overpowered 850w PSU that frankly I should stick to 750w because even that will likely be way too much for years.

But of course my monitor's destruction yesterday or whenever has cemented that added value concept of "but do I really need to drop all my meager wealth into a single asset that can be lost in a house fire or electrical surge."

I've also been confused why newegg even lists some hot garbage coming in from China that's got I kid you not $165 shipping and handling fees on a $150 PSU that's still going to take two to three weeks to get there. Like what the absolute fuck? Who, why. Why are they even charging this? I won't buy cheap Chinese garbage and certainly not something I positively need to be built not to fail like a PSU so why in God's holy name are these people trying to charge more than the entire cost the item itself on S&H fees. Maybe it is some kind of a scam. Has to be. Is this some kind of weird money laundering scheme? I cannot think of any other sensible reason for it but then again there's a hell of a lot of things I've seen people in many countries doing these last few weeks and months that's never made any sense to me at all.

Anyway I'm hoping to at least get my power supply and motherboard figured out today but I'm in no rush because neither mobo is on sale and my GPU hasn't even shipped yet so I'm curious about that. That basically just leaves me with getting the case after I figure out PSU today which so far as I can tell getting a beastly overpowered one is itself a bad thing rather than PSU rated closer to the load I'd be having now.
>>
No. 44939
seen a cockroach
>>
No. 44940
>>44939
Well way I see it you have two options you can leave out some tea and sweets to placate it or you can make frightening autistic French noises at it
>>
No. 44941
>>44939
I've only ever seen them on american TV shows.
>>
No. 44942
487 kB, 1200 × 1534
Weird hiccup. Woke up 1 hour earlier than I was supposed to. Strange thing is, I slept precisely 7 hours to the minute. I'm used to sleeping for 12 hours at a time, and just naturally waking up (and feeling rested) only after 7 just seems weird to me.

>>44939
Here, there no longer exist classical brown, big cockroaches.
They evolved somehow into smaller, but completely black ones. And they're much less numerous.

Our cat likes to hunt and eat them. It's pretty disgusting to hear it crunching on a cockroach in the middle of the night tbh.
>>
No. 44943
>>44942
I hadn't seen a cockroach since mid-90s when my parents finally got rid of them after a year or two of attempts, but then the pests somehow returned a couple of years back as small black ones. I had to call the exterminators twice and close off the ventilation hole before they stopped coming, because apparently my neighbours are disgusting. Thankfully the cockroaches have been gone since then.
>>
No. 44944
You know, if I was smart
oh fuck. I was going to say, if I was smart I'd actually not be spending any of my money at all and instead trying to get a passport and visa to some other country but I just realized just about no other country is even going to allow me port of entry right now. I have an ongoing bad feeling about this coming winter and being stupid enough to try and survive through it here.
>>
No. 44945
>>44943
Ours seem to be coming from the vents, too. They mostly appear in toilet and kitchen, where the vents are.

But I haven't seen one in a while, so our cat must be doing a good job.
>>
No. 44946
264 kB, 920 × 2318
I know I'm being paranoid since there are no other signs, and I've been known to have benders of going into paranoid mania, but I have the suspicion that I'm having my identity stolen. More likely is that I got skimmed at the shops by some insect who isn't man enough to take your money with a knife, but both of my bank cards have been set off this week.

On the plus side, I did land a spot at a factory orientation on Monday morning. Feels good to be back in the saddle man.
>>
No. 44947
25 kB, 656 × 375
111 kB, 703 × 492
>>44946
Good news. The bank situation was just them being cautious after I reset information on an account I'd forgotten the login details for. Downside, no job on Monday because they found out I have a degree, and thus can't get government kickbacks.

Not even mad tbh. I blame the system that requires the amount of qualification that Australia does to work on a fucking assembly line. Rest of the world: never go full outsourcing like we did. You'll thank me later :-DDD
>>
No. 44948
>>44947
Nothing on my end either :-DD.
Gotta keep looking.

Also, if fixing my schedule really does fix my ADHD retard brain to the point where I can sit down and focus, I think I'm going to go through one of those online certification courses, or just build a portfolio of some kind. Having a paper is really important here for some reason, any kind of paper is better than no paper.
>>
No. 44949
20 kB, 500 × 298
>>44948
Soon.
>>
No. 44950
584 kB, 1440 × 2205
>>44947
>7th in manufacturing self sufficiency
>>
No. 44951
319 kB, 750 × 500
Today after getting out of bed i went to the toilet where my socks got all wet.
There was a huge puddle on the floor and water dripping down from the valve next to the to the cistern.
I turned off the water, layed towels all over the floor and put a ventilator in the toilet because even the walls got wet.

I turned the water on again and tried to fix the lose valve with a wrench but somehow fucked the whole pipe and water squirtet in all directions.

Now i had to call the landlort. I hate the guy and i had to explain to him what happened and how i fucked it up even more. He automatically asumed that all was fine until i made a hole in the pipe for no reason.
Now i have to wait an hour for him to return with a new pipe.

I hate this day.
>>
No. 44952 Kontra
>>44951
Germany here btw.
Forgot i have a VPN on .
>>
No. 44953
181 kB, 640 × 480
>>44951
Does that imply you wear socks to bed? Really mate?
>>
No. 44954
>>44953
No, but i put them on when i get out of bed together with pants and a shirt.
I sleep completely naked.
>>
No. 44955
>>44954
Fair enough. I mean, my sleeping habits are hardly leaving me in a position to judge.
t. doesn't have sheets
t. absolute barbarian
>>
No. 44957
332 kB, 600 × 832
Woke up feeling lousy, then went for a run listening to cringy music. Felt better. Got home and shaved for the first time in months. My jawline is not as strong as I remember it. My baseline anxiety level had been running higher than usual for a couple of weeks, but peaked yesterday. At this moment it seems back to normal, in fact I don't feel on edge at all. That's strange, but also kinda nice.

>>44932
Good luck in university. I'm happy to see your hoard went to a good cause.

>>44943
>>44945
Where I lived growing up, if one apartment had cockroaches, everybody had them. So you just learn to live in peace. Well, not total peace. If their numbers began to swell we would set off bug bombs-the kind that fill the room with poison fog. Those were only for population control through, and never led to a full extermination. It would have been more effective if we had coordinated with the neighbors and all set of bombs at the same time, but we never did.
>>
No. 44958 Kontra
164 kB, 1280 × 819
I dreamt I was dating a German med student who was insisting we move to Berlin once she finished her degree. Usually such romantic dreams crush me, but in this case the girl was middling attractive and rude towards me which made being dragged back into a life of solitude not be a harsh experience. Luckily for myselt, even my dreams are mediocre fantasies.
>>
No. 44959
I'm very tired. I spent the entire day painting planks for my father.
My right palm hurts.
Tomorrow I'll do the same.
I can't imagine Sisyphus happy.

I have all the papers necessary to enrol, finally. Though I'm incredibly anxious about actually going there in case I screwed up something. We're on the verge of greatness here.

Yesterday night I read 20 pages from Diary of a Country Priest. It's a very heavy book. Not hard, just "heavy". Mainly the topics it deals with.
It's like reading theology. Don't know what I expected, honestly.
There's some nice foreshadowing in the first few chapters. It's a well written book, it's just that I don't think reading about a depressed rural priest with cancer is what I need right now.

So I rummaged around a bit and settled on reading Oblomov. There's something magical about Russian books, especially ones from the 1800s. It's like I can smell the setting. Those rooms, those carpets, the trinkets on the shelves and those paintings on the wall.
Soviet literature is different. My connection with Soviet stuff is a lot more "material".

My sister is visiting friends, and mum and dad went to a party, so I'll be alone tonight.
My plan is to open that 2dl bottle of Szekler blueberry-liquor I have.

Caught the news on telly and they were talking about the pandemic, and that's not unusual, but they talked about Belarus.
What brought a smile to my face was a quote from Lukashenko about how he survived covid on foot.
It's thick-headed macho bullshit, but it made me feel better for some reason.
>>
No. 44962
42 kB, 400 × 300
Got to stage 2 of an apprentice intake for a big plant manufacturer. Got to do a video interview. I don't have high hopes but it's a good feeling.
>>
No. 44964
182 kB, 1280 × 720
While I continue my process of trying to figure out how to lash this all together eventually into something stable--which btw has gotten to the point where I am seriously considering just building my own damn PC case out of wood and a tasteful stain because there's nothing I truly want under $300 and fat chance in hell I'd spend it on a case--but it really has caused me to reflect upon the life of my Dell XPS 8500, or as I like to call her, Old Faithful.

I fucking loved that machine, in fact I still do. It's almost like an old wife you've gotten to take for granted for so long you forget the void its absence would leave you.

That single machine was there for the release of XCOM EU. My dear old friend spent the time with me since most of the major happenings of the past decade. Ol' Faithful saw the death of countless sites and imageboards with me, it even witnessed when KC was truly good all the way to the day Bernd finally died for good and the brutal murder of the First Ernst. It went with me through terrors of the rise and fall of ISIS and the great murican kulturkampf that ruined everything, and it has been with me this whole time throughout this entire once a century pandemic. How could I possibly turn my back on a friend?

I cannot simply relegate it to some low tier like backup computer in a place where it could be destroyed along with the newer things. I must put it into a cozy retirement, on a farm somewhere with a relative, to live out its august years in peace. And yet throughout all this it even survived countless broken registry items, malware, completely senseless lingering bloatware and obsolete drivers, and in all that time she never failed on me, not even one single component, not even when my screen started turning purple with jagged lines and geometric patterns because the Radeon 7500HD had gotten so caked in dust and filth from now dead pets and tens of thousands of long dead cigarettes that the aluminum fins were blocked and the fan stopped moving and even that started working normally again when it got cleaned.

Goddamn I loved that machine.
>>
No. 44970
Made a second resume. One for computer repair monkey, another for a photoshop monkey. Also a portfolio.
Sent out to a couple places. Man, targeting my resume and portfolio to each individual place is a lot of work, but I'm hoping that it will be the little extra that gets me hired.

Apparently, there's plenty of demand for photoshop monkeys, so I'm hopeful. I haven't exhausted the pool of ads yet. One annoying thing is that the website I'm using insists that employers need to see my social media profile. I don't have one and don't plan on getting one. They'll just have to deal.
>>
No. 44972
>>44970
Kissing arse with a masturbatory cover letter works way better than you would think something so blatantly insincere would too, if you're looking for something to give yourself a wee edge.
>>
No. 44974
After nights of drinking it's hard for me to not drown in self-hatred. Luckily I don't do drinking as often anymore as back in the days, so it's rarely as bad as today.
It's like turning into whole another person, "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"-like, in the worst way.
Then again I guess guilt is a normal feeling for a drunk so I guess I'm not monster just for acting like on last night.
I wish you the best, Ernsts.
>>
No. 44976 Kontra
>>44974
I know this pattern from my alcoholic friend. It gets really schizophrenic sometimes and it's hard to bear as outsider. Alcohol one of the worst drugs tbh. If I could pour all alcohol down a giant drain, I would do it in a blink of an eye. It turns people into a picture of misery.
>>
No. 44977
Been a long day.

Almost immediately after writing my previous post, I got a message from one of the places I sent my resume/portfolio to. They asked if I could make it before 18:00. I figured I had an hour so plenty of time, even if it's very far, and agreed.

Right then my brother showed up with a trunk full of hard drives asking if I could clone an OS to all of them, or at least troublehoot his method of cloning, why it was fucking up. I said I could spare 30 minutes, and then I'd be out on a cab. The place is 30 minutes ride by car. He offered to give me a ride as a thanks. I know I shouldn't ever accept a favor from him, because he inherited our father's chaotic nature, but gave him the benefit of the doubt (again).
Well, I figured out the cloning think, took a quick whore bath, and we were out. And would you know it, his car ran out of gas a few km away from the place, we had to push his car off the road, I went the rest of the way on a cab while he went to get some gas.

Thankfully, I warned them that I could be late, and they didn't mind. I was greeted at the gates of something that looked like a two story resort house by a girl. Entering the main hall of the house, I was introduced to the rest of their team. All girls, all kazakh. Some pretty. They explained that their company is renting out this house as an office space. They're some kind of web startup focused on providing serives to the teacher demographic. Hosting online olympiads, tests, exams, etc. The girl, who is apparently a manager of some sort, said they really liked my portfolio, bla bla.

The gist is that they're a young startup and are still hiring their staff. The pay isn't very good, but they promise "bonuses". Considering how far away it is, it's a no for me. I can't rent a room with that kind of pay, and a 1.5h commute on third world public transport is something I won't repeat. They did offer a 2 week remote paid internship, which I'm going to take. By the end of it, if they want to hire me, I'll name my price, if they disagree, fine. Probably not gonna work out.

Kind of a shame, I really liked the place, and being a sole guy working at a resort house near the mountains, surrounded by girls is something out of a degenerate harem anime fantasy, but I gotta be pragmatic and suppress my hornyturk impulses. The pay for the remote internship will be a nice treat while I keep looking.

Meanwhile, I have a box full of HDDs to install Windows on, in return for the favor of giving me a ride that made me 20 minutes late for the interview.
>>
No. 44978
I've finally finished painting all the planks.
Old copying-scribes wrote God, deliver us from writing, but I say God, deliver me from physical work.
When I was younger, mum always said You need to study so you can put bread on the table in a less tiresome way.
She took the opportunity to cheekily evoke those past conversations during one of my breaks.
>See, this is why you have to study
>Ah, fuck off

Yesterday night I drank that small bottle of blueberry-liquor. It wasn't awful, but I think it was probably a lot closer to being flavoured ethanol than I'd like it to.

>>44974
Being drunk is weird. When I'm drunk it's the total opposite. I become care-free, forget my woes and lose all verbal restraint.
I'm the worst kind of drunk, because I apparently talk. A lot.

>>44972
Are motivational letters really necessary? I remember having to write one as homework in 12th grade, but it felt like the most insincere godawfull bullshit ever.
Let's not beat around the bush m8, I'm here to exchange my labour for currency, I don't give a shit about your company.
>>
No. 44979
>>44978
>worst kind of drunk
Worst kind of drunks are those that get violent. Introspective schizos, chatterboxes and weaklings who just fall under the table (like myself) are harmless. Violent drunks are universally disliked and avoided, and for good reason.
>>
No. 44982
84 kB, 1200 × 640
>>44979
You forgot the weak, schizo chatterboxes that are power tripping because they drunk but lose their balance when standing up.

>>44978
> I become care-free, forget my woes and lose all verbal restraint.

It's the normal drinkining behavior. Even alcoholics have that but they will switch any second into other modes when they are runied enough by the alcohol.

>>44977
I like these stories, also worlds seem to mix here.

Also I did not get the room, they took quite long for their decision so I guess I might have had a fair chance to get it. Now, the problem is only a few rooms come up every day and most of them seem not to my liking, I don't have that much time anymore. I don't want to only move in the beginning of fucking October. At least I have the ability to get to know people by reading group it seems, I really have to check again if their are groups that suit my interests, maybe that way I could live alone. Somebody told me that he knows a girl moving out end of September and the rent is about the price of a room, consider I have to pay for internet as well, it is priced at the very end of what I can spent.
>>
No. 44985
Man, during these long night hours watching a loading bar slowly crawl forwards, you really start to contemplate your own mortality.
This must be what night shift security guards go through every day
>>
No. 44993
>>44978
>Let's not beat around the bush m8, I'm here to exchange my labour for currency, I don't give a shit about your company.
Unfortunately, those corporate types actually derive most of the meaning in their lives from their shitty jobs. In California, even a lot of the executives buy into that shit, instead of just being decent honest sociopaths.

>Being drunk is weird. When I'm drunk it's the total opposite.
I get really chill and start waxing transcendental. I can see why Sufis were so enthusiastic about wine.
Considering the profound differences it can reveal, a man's drunk state can be a very useful tool of psychoanalysis.
>>
No. 44994
>>44978
>Drunk
Rowdy drunk whose accent gets even broader when drunk master race here.

>Letters
As I said, you'd be surprised how insincere you can sound and still have the drones drink your Kool aid.
>>
No. 44995
wuz moving heavy rocks, destroyed road curb accidentally when one of the rocks went out of control
>>
No. 44996
>>44995
What are you moving rocks for? You building a retaining wall or some shit?
>>
No. 44997
My last paycheck will be the biggest yet. There was a lot more hours available this month because all the others with families held their vacations. Also I readily took more work as I knew there will be no more monies after October. Anxiously awaiting the steep drop in available disposable income, working and studying at the same time does not an option for me.
>>
No. 44999
>>44996
Garden
>>
No. 45000
>>44999
Noice. Gardens aren't what immediately springs to mind when I think of the Russia, but then again it is Dacha season, isn't it? I assume that's what's going on here and that cosy gardens aren't suddenly cropping up around cold also dark gommieblocks.
>>
No. 45004
314 kB, 1200 × 800
181 kB, 800 × 800
601 kB, 1024 × 785
91 kB, 604 × 453
>>45000
Gardens are common around gommieblocks but they appear in a deeply deranged images
>>
No. 45005
>>45004
Oh yes, culture of moving plastic trash during muddy summer into green zones to make it "beutifull"
>>
No. 45010
God damn why are new laptops so expensive. I could assemble a beefy desktop machine out of used parts for the price of a new second rate brand facebook machine laptop.

I know thinkpads are kind of a meme among hackermen, but I kinda need some rudimentary graphics processing capabilities if I'm going to go the photoshop monkey career route. Never know when you suddenly need to render a 3D scene in this line of work.

Of course, there's always an option to go full tech nomad and rent GPU """cloud""" processing power when you need it. I know there's companies that already offer that kind of thing, but I had an ebin idea of subscribing to that GeForce game streaming thing, but use it exclusively to run Blender :-DDDD. Wonder if it would be cheaper or at least viable.
>>
No. 45014
I'm very tired. We've assembled the planks half of the planks for the client. She was woman in her mid forties. Apparently she lives from holding group meditation sessions. The garden was full of Buddhas and Tibetan-style flags with sutras painted on them. She was scantly clad.
I think she fully embraced this sort of hippy-mentality.

Anyway. My right arm is killing me. And so is my back.

>>44993
>man's drunk state can be a very useful tool of psychoanalysis.
Exactly. Though I don't like the person I become after the second shot. Depending on the impulse I either go on a rant about something completely irrelevant about books or art (People holding X view about literature are IDIOTS. IDIOTS I TELL YOU!), or I start talking about politics, and from contemporary stuff, it quickly devolves into X should be put into labour camps and I'll make Stalin look like a social-democrat.
It's worrying and exciting at the same time to dissect the person you become when you lose even some of the restraints society puts on you.

>>45000
A lot of commieblocks in the Warsaw-pact had a garden attached to them which were divided into small plots. The aim was to offer a recreational activity to the dwellers of the concrete hives.
Though I don't know how often these are utilized today. I'd wager most have been turned into parks or left destitute.

>>44994
I'm already dreading having to write one of those motivational letters to accompany my CV when I'm going to look for a job.
The dishonesty of the act makes it disgusting and repulsive.
>>
No. 45019
176 kB, 1024 × 671
Another movie director down. Alan Parker left this plane of existence.
>>
No. 45022
>>45010
What in the...fuck? Why in God's name would you decide to try and get a job where you're doing 3D rendering of all things and think you're going to be doing it on a fucking laptop of all things? Like, dude, even today with modern PCs with all modern hardware and paying excruciatingly out the ass for not just any laptop but a specifically good one for exactly that purpose is still going to be massively inferior to a desktop.

Just get a desktop and a lot of cores. You don't even need to get a lot of fancy new shit and besides the point you can store all that on the many drives inside the tower. Sorry it just completely boggles the kind that you'd mix "work" "3D rendering" and "laptop" into the same thought. Even if you somehow did get a great laptop from a mysterious patron and it was the best laptop in the world it would still give you shit performance compared to what desktop can do and part of that is because you cant overclock it because it's going to heat up like a motherfucker and you're only going to have like 4tb on it tops. You need a good processor with good ventilation and a good GPU to do a lot of fancy rendering. I mean, you can still do it, it's just that you don't bring the wrong tools to the job and a laptop is the wrong tool.

If you're concerned about portability get some kind of microATX or I forget whatever it's called those super compact ones which will just barely be more a pain to lug around and likely gibe you double performance at half the cost.
>>
No. 45028
281 kB, 1280 × 720
>>45022
See, you're having a 3rd world culture shock right now. Or a disconnect between what comes to mind when thinking about such "lofty" professions as "graphics designer" and "3D artist", and what it actually entails on the kazakhstan. I did, too, until I started doing real work and adapted to the realities.

Here's the dealio.
When you get a job here, they'll either let you bring your laptop, or hand you a bad office machine. If you ask for a more powerful machine, you are faced with the task of explaining to a soviet boomer how a computer works, and how that relates to using photoshop. Might as well not bother. And of course, nobody's going to let you bring and plop down your desktop + monitor in their office space willy nilly. So you need your own laptop that you can at least sparingly use for graphics purposes.

Another thing is that by "render a 3D scene" I don't mean photorealistic 4K promotional renders of some sleek product, or high detail architectural renders, or anything like that. People here both have low standards for quality, and unreasonable standards for how quickly you can work. You can hand them an upscaled 720p render with bad lighting and they'll take that, but will be mad if you take some time to make it better (which they can't tell anyway). And most of the time, what they want is something petty like "uh, can you make a 3D maquette of the logo you made and superimpose it on this shitty, grainy phone photo of the entrance to my building? I want to see what it would look like". Or something similar about a blueprint of a piece of furniture that's nothing but 4 MDF sheets nailed together. When I first started getting such requests I thought they were either fucking with me or wanted to get their "money's worth". But no, apparently there's people with such poor imaginations that they can't picture in their minds what a logo would look like extruded in a Z axis. Pic related. (btw, the picture contains enough information to dox me, but I don't give a shit lol).

So yeah, I want to get a laptop not so I can do quality work, but so I can get as much bullshit off my back as possible and deliver something that will make the client fuck off. The main concern with 3D stuff isn't even the rendering part, really, it's the performance of the 3D viewport in a program, which uses a simple real time rasterizer, but since it's your main way of interacting with the program, when it starts lagging, it gets really annoying.
>>
No. 45031
>>45028
>you are faced with the task of explaining to a soviet boomer how a computer works
I started laughing enough reading that I'm grateful my flat has thick walls.

>when it starts lagging, it gets really annoying.
That was actually my ultimate point with the PoS laptop. Time is money right? Well if your machine takes hours to render basic stuff how much of your time and money are you really wasting? I'm obviously not saying to waste your money on expensive stuff for something pricey without having a well established financial or reputational or whatever base. Although I now see your point.

Why couldn't you just sneak some better desktop build into an exact replica of their own office machine case and smuggle that in though? It seems like a third world mentality solution to me on how to actually get things done when your society is ran by retardsbelieve me I have moments like this routinely where I have to do a cost benefit analysis of going against the grain while accepting they are likely not gaslighting me and I am plausibly incompetent on my own as well.

I suppose it would actually be the "sneaking in" part though and dealing with a very quick, talking-to-parents sort of manner of speaking and answering questions to achieve the shortest and most efficient route to the end of the conversation as possible when they begin to inquire as to why you "brought the office computer to maintenance to fix it"you could also simply open the case and unplug some connector if you can stealth that too though I don't want to get you in trouble either. I recognize you could have an open floorplan and not a private room or some kind of cubicle wall though or enough time to do anything out of view. Maybe it's stubbornness but I feel like that's the kind of situation where you kinda have to bypass the stupidity of those around you.

Alternatively if working on such a device truly does not make life hell and you're basically only designing logos then go for it I guess. Can you set up private gofundme pages? I could donate a little bit of money towards your project and we could see if any ernsts are capable of lowkey distributive financing to help an ernst out. Some guy made a thread about IBs and secret societies like a year ago and it's been brought up intermittently the past decade but I mean really now, this is exactly how the Freemasons functioned or any of dozens of other mutual aid societies.
>>
No. 45032
>>45028
This is suspiciously in English and I think they are trying to rip me off but this isn't so bad
https://www.ubuy.com.kz/en/search/index/view/product/B07RF1XD36/s/acer-aspire-5-slim-laptop-15-6-inches-full-hd-ips-display-amd-ryzen-3-3200u-vega-3-graphics-4gb-ddr4-128gb-ssd-backlit-keyboard-windows-10-in-s-mode-a515-43-r19l-silver/store/store/kk/dp
I'm trying to figure out how to navigate your currency conversion and where people buy laptops in Kazakhstan and what the going rate is especially if you can find a used one. That's just a bit over $400.
>>
No. 45034
151 kB, 1280 × 720
>>45031
>That was actually my ultimate point with the PoS laptop. Time is money right? Well if your machine takes hours to render basic stuff how much of your time and money are you really wasting? I'm obviously not saying to waste your money on expensive stuff for something pricey without having a well established financial or reputational or whatever base. Although I now see your point.

Sure, but the thing is, if I can let my overheating POS laptop make jet engine noises rendering a 720p scene for 10 minutes and go get coffee, that's fine by me, because I'm not actually using the thing. But the 3D viewport of a 3D editing program is basically running video game graphics in real time in a tiny window, and you're actually interacting with it to do work, so if that dips below 30 FPS it's basically the same thing as trying to play a laggy game, but you're actually trying to do work here lol. So in my mind a laptop needs to just be powerful enough to run a modern-ish video game at 1/4th of the native resolution.
That's my idea anyway, maybe I could rethink my assumptions.

>Why couldn't you just sneak some better desktop build into an exact replica of their own office machine case and smuggle that in though?
I've literally done that, but not for work, but at art school. And right then I learned why I shouldn't do that. You never know when you're going to get fired without notice and told not to bother coming in the morning, losing all of your stuff inside that computer. Then good luck convincing that their office PCs internals are all yours when they haven't even seen the inside of a computer case in their lives.
In the case of art school, I upgraded the computer in the studio so I could do some digital painting after classes. But then I got expelled and lost access to the building. Fortunately, they were all old components from my previous build.

>>45032
That's probably just an autotranslated vesion of an international marketplace.
And you could do currency conversions, but that doesn't tell the whole picture. That's $425 for you, but for me, that's two month's salary at an entry level position. This is what I was complaining about in my initial post in the first place, lol. ~$400 for a bare minimum new laptop, which is twice what you get paid a month on an entry level job.
Generally, stuff like food, rent, etc., scale proportionally with income in third world countries, but technology either costs the same or has +30% markup compared to US. Which is a bummer when you rely on technology to do work.

Anyway, I'm tired of complaining, don't want to come off as a whiny bitch. The main reason I'm looking for a job isn't even the money, but rather a practical method of making myself less of a retard. Self-imposed de-infantilization through real world work experience, if you will. So I'm thankful for the offer, but I don't as much want fish as I want to teach myself how to catch it.
>>
No. 45037
>>45034
I mean I do recognize your ultimate mindset on this I just find it unacceptable that an ernst out there should have to put up with such bullshit and not even have access to a decent computer, although I do guess on the flipside that particularly because you still unwisely choose to get drunk sometimes it's also invariably scaling up the potential catastrophe of such a loss rather than just having garbage you don't really get upset about pouring beer into or stepping on the screen because you were drunk I have done both of these across the years and it killed one which I needed for college by trying the VRM with beer and the other was my shitposting and light gaming HP which I had to buy a new screen off ebay.

That's pretty much what I was asking about with those prices because somehow I was suspicious about being asked for what's less of an economic hit to me than I assumed it was to you but I guess I didn't understand currency conversion either. I just knew a crappy $100 laptop was 40K tenge and that a nice new winter sweater was like 8999T

Hence part of the reason why I was asking about just depositing money into an account for you somehow because I knew it was likely that a not serious amount of money for me could be translated into real buying power for you, although frankly if we had like $100 and then distributed another $20 across multiple ernsts that it would likely enable you to buy a decent machine especially if someone here is lowkey some kind of posh cunt who decides to donate you another few hundred bucks/pounds/BTC whatever. I just do not know how to move money across international borders anonymously other than afaik GoFundMe might function like that although idk how to set it up.
>>
No. 45041
We went to work for a few hours. I had to repaint a table the client asked for. Then as we were leaving she asked us to repaint a bench.
Honestly, the only reason I'm doing this is because it's for my father AND the fact that he'll pay me for it.
It's tiresome, it's 30 degrees outside. It's a shit job.

Went to pick up the book I ordered last week. Also went to the pharmacy to pick up a box of anti-acid and browsed the literary journals for a bit.
The selection is amazing, really. Though I have no brand loyalty, I just buy one if an article interests me. I usually go for the articles. I don't particularly care for the contemporary literature scene.
The thing that caught my interest this time was a special issue of a journal dedicated to African-literature.
I remember reading about post-colonial literature in a book, but it was a woefully out of date volume from the late 60s.
Should be interesting.
>>
No. 45043
>>45041
>out of date volume from the late 60s.

Musn't be bad because of that though. Usually it becomes hard to contextualize written word from decades or centuries ago.
Anyway, sounds like a cool topic. Reminded me of wanting to read a novel written by an arab speaking person about a former secret police member in some arabic speaking country who became a madman wandering the streets of city, singing an such, and people are afraid of him because they know he was a member of the secret police.
>>
No. 45048
956 kB, 1536 × 2048
The good thing about instant ramen is that you never have to look at the expiration date. You find one laying in a drawer and you can have it.
Still have no idea how people can eat this using a spoon. Saw a girl once in HS eating it with a spoon and I asked her. She didn't think much of it.
There was also another girl who used to eat them using two pens as chopsticks. Ah, uncaring youth!

I'm home alone again.
Exchanged poems online with one of my friends, then we laughed at a government-funded website trying to promote wine to the Hungarian youth.
Ah, uncaring youth!

>>45043
I'm always careful around books written before the 70s.
The Kádár-regime was pretty lax when it came to writing books, but you never know when the immortal science of Marxism-Leninism might hit you on the nose as you're reading secondary literature on a topic.
(Though I have plenty of secondary literature from the socialist era and most are fine, even by today's standards.)

The reason I picked this up is because it's such an obscure topic. We just don't talk about it that much. You hear about Afro-American writers reasonably often thanks to the woke crowd (for which I have nothing but scorn for), but I'd say the struggles of an African are completely different to that of an Afro-American.
Africa has to go through the arduous and long process of nation-building, and I'm not talking about just the creation of functional states, but about national identities too. The distillation-process of a national identity through literature is an interesting process that most European nations went through in the early to late 1800s .
I'm expecting blood and sweat as they try to manage this Herculean task.
>>
No. 45049
>>45032
I got that exact model and build for $350 on Amazon a few weeks ago.

If you're interested in getting this kind of computer, Kazakh, I'd be happy to run some benchmarks and give you the results. I don't think you'll find anything cheaper but still functional.
>>
No. 45051
>>45048
>Africa has to go through the arduous and long process of nation-building, and I'm not talking about just the creation of functional states, but about national identities too. The distillation-process of a national identity through literature is an interesting process that most European nations went through in the early to late 1800s .
I'm expecting blood and sweat as they try to manage this Herculean task.

Besides this implies a certian understanding and role of the nation (and not the nation state as rather functional thing) that is debatable it also implies a historiographic theory of modern development in which Africa is like a child that has to grow and go through the same steps as Europe, needless to say this is pretty simple picture of what is going on, a universal law of history basically, so far empirical validation is weak and theoretically it has been under fire for decades, not without reason I guess... African nationalism and Pan-Africanism was strong in the 60s already. Guess many have been disillusioned after a good ten years and nobody said that writers aims for building national identity, though I guess you will find that ofc for that period I'm sure. How valid is postcolonial theory when a hungarian youth (yes yes) has a plan in mind of what has to be done in Africa?

>The reason I picked this up is because it's such an obscure topic. We just don't talk about it that much

Right, and as well educated person, one should have knowledge about many things. And I would read it in order to find out what the struggles are and not what you think they have to be. A functional society might be one thing, a nation is something different. Best would be: read and tell!
>>
No. 45052
>>45051
People sometimes say I'm stuck in 1899.
>>
No. 45053
>>45052
I know that you read a lot of 19th century stuff and are interested in the period of the empire. It's just that I want to point it out. A critical distance might not be bad. I mean I'm surely left but I have some doubts about identity politcs or other other tropes and arguments that usually are daily business of leftism(and as we all know THE left does not really exist, all the intern quarrels speak for themselve). In the end it boils down to arguments and that entails making explicit the implict premisses, world views and discursive formations repeated, sometimes modfied, patterns of statements made regarding a topic, phenomenon etc. basically;;; concept as part of the linguistic turn in academia, put forward by the acknlowedgement that language plays a major role in our world that, literally, inform us.

My advice still holds: best is to read stuff about that literature or read it yourself. In the last months I became especially fond of the idea to actually read some things you usually don't read or wouldn't read. But if you really want to talk and argue about things you need to know what you are talking about, you need to be able to see what the other person is doing etc., you are clever enough to go that way and form some stable thoughts on the way I guess.
>>
No. 45063
I wish I was baptized. I need to get baptized.
>>
No. 45064
>>45049
I'd say I want to know how but clearly this is something I need to do on my own time in researching how to set him up a gofundme page rather than asking others how it's done. I bet reddit knows and has a guide on these things.
>>
No. 45068
100 kB, 640 × 636
Part of me hopes the pandemic doesn't end. Wearing a mask at work for most of the week is the most liberating thing. I might just keep at it after it's all over.
>>
No. 45082
None euclidean space hurts my head.
Nice demo though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEB11PQ9Eo8
>>
No. 45086
>>45068
You probably can dude I know how you feel. Like I get to walk right into a bank wearing a fucking gas mask and cap these days and nobody cares in fact I'll get kicked out if I didnt do it. I get to be anonymous every day of the week when I go out which at this point is solely for going to work and the very rare occasion where I'll pick up a lotto ticket on my way to the shartmart for food supplies.

Honestly and I kind of hate to say this but truly the NEETs have inherited this plagued earth, particularly if you were one of those early ones who saw the shitstorm coming back in January and February and thus took active measures before the rest did. And on top of that the fucking government--and not just any gov but the Republican led one--has been freely spending trillions of printed out gibes to us poor Americans just to keep their ridiculous ponzi scheme from collapsing in on itself. So I am basically functionally being paid to get to be a NEET shutin for most of the week while all of these keines keep losing their shit about not getting to have packed parties listening to terrible music and trying to find some vulgar hookup. Hahaha this pandemic is killing hookup culture too! And honestly if you're super opposed to open borders it has accomplished what no right wing politician was ever able to and totally shut down all borders everywhere.

I get it. People are dying, and given I must work a few days of the week still until our business gets it's shit sorted and hires me back to full time, I might die too. I've already gotten what I think might have been rona tbh. It sucks and I'm unspeakably angry about all these fucking Karens whinging about their haircuts while the last not useless generation dies suffocating and alone and not even given the dignity of having a real funeral. I am so fucking mad about that and all these dumb antimask cocksuckers. It's a terrible time of suffering and each of us has had to make sacrifices one way or the other.

But other than that, yes I agree with you. If you're just functional enough not to appear on the spectrum and prefer being locked in your room all day with some hobby it's fucking great. A client the other day I commented on his DnD shirt and he said he's pretty much spent the whole pandemic DMing sessions with people online (much as various regulars on this board have). I get to not look weird by avoiding the fuck out of people. I get to be anonymous all day. I can stand apart like Finnish people. It is fucking amazing what this little plague has accomplished to date and that's just off the top of my head.

The major downside for me personally is that I cannot visit my father and I do not know when I can. He's managed to stay away from people and has a helper so that's good but he's in a high risk group and I often deal directly with retards so I can't chance getting him sick and killing him. I'm wishing I could see him for the holidays but given the direction this country is going fat chance of that happening.
>>
No. 45087
>>45086
Do you actually wear a gas mask? If it's the sort of gas mask that comes to mind it really does nothing at preventing you from infecting other people. Must like construction masks with respirators which should be fucking banned but somehow are accepted.
>>
No. 45090
>>45087
Yes I do in fact actually own two of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihd9PS7bZV4
which is almost exactly like the model that I have. The respirator just looks vaguely different is all.
>hich should be fucking banned but somehow are accepted.
What why? Look dude you didn't live in my country throughout all of this. I did. People here are fucking idiots which I'd rather not personally have to deal with these fucking morons infecting me.

There's little point, I have learned, in trying to instruct my fellow countrymen on how not to be fucking stupid HOWEVER this gas mask is extremely effective as a public service announcement. As I walk around these fucking idiots insisting we don't need masks, it's a hoax by dur librul media, blah blah imma go shopping at the mart, they see me. I also had worn a full rain suit and at some points swimming goggles throughout this pandemic in America. In my personal experience when people see me wearing this shit it tends to alarm them and key them in on certain facts they otherwise would not have accepted had they been told by da experts. However they do actually modify their behavior more by watching how others respond around them than anything else and I think that seeing me and a few other people in this county wearing those has probably convinced a lot of people to stay home, to wear masks, to keep their distance, to consider "gee I just have a torn up shirt on my face and this guy has a biohazard setup going on maybe I shouldn't try to go to bars right now.

As for the output yeah. I know. It's not protecting others from me which is why I especially tried to keep my distance from others, but at some point more recently I began setting it up so the output is getting blown through tissue paper/cotton/coffee filter. Besides which I deal with a lot of fucking people. If I get infected and this was earlier I'd be infecting dozens and dozens of others, which is also why I kept trying to keep everything sanitized. The gloves for example were for them as much as me.

Oh and as for the second I could not convince a single of my family members to take it so I held onto it as an asset earlier on in case I ran to economic troubles but at this point I keep trying to remind myself to call the number a local hospital gave me for who to call to donate it. I kind of regret not donating my second to a local hospital earlier rather than hanging onto it either for fam or in case mine broke or as an asset like gold flipping it for $60 in case I ran out of money completely.
>>
No. 45091
Just had a game streaming session with me, aussie and iwan. took turns showing off some games. was great fun.

Should do it more often, just showing off games we've been playing, talking about them and explaining the mechanics.
>>
No. 45092
>>45091
Where and how? I do not understand things like twitch, tiktok, discord or whatever else. Nor have I an account on twitter for the matter. I'm out of the loop.
>>
No. 45093
>>45082
Yeah, I wish I'd get the explanation.
>>
No. 45094
>>45092
on the ernstiwan discord. it basically lets you stream your screen or program like in a conference call. Twitch is terrible, and none of us are trying to build an audience, but rather show off some games, so a private conference call is the better option.

Back when I made discord account, it let you use a throwaway email and didn't require a phone or anything, so it's not as intrusive as other stuff. You join a channel by clicking on an invite link. There's one in the radio thread if you ctrl f for discord.
>>
No. 45095
Yeah, I do miss being a NEET. Everyone at work knows who I am but it feels like I'm becoming less human. Which is pretty good really since it just means people instinctively look away from you, like you're a machine (when I was 6 I wanted to be a computer). And I get to work at a relaxed pace. It's nice to not put any effort into facial expressions.
>>45094
Depending on the channel, some of them ask for phone info or other shit. It's convenient enough though.
>>
No. 45097
408 kB, 1600 × 1166
>>45091
Yeah it was great, worked like a charm without much setup, despite me not having a clue how discord works. But it basically works like Microsoft Teams or any other collaboration software. While I was a little afraid at first that it will be just another communication tool added to the already large pool (EC threads on both boards, chat, Skype and the radio itself) I now think it's really useful for anybody who wants stream any kind of visual content. Also it should be helpful for cellphone users who want to participate, should be easier to use than for example calling in to Skype. Should basically work like opening a website, though I'm not 100% sure about that.

>>45095
>Depending on the channel, some of them ask for phone info
No worries, we only ask for nudes :DD

>>45092
>I do not understand things like twitch, tiktok, discord or whatever else
Me neither, now I'm admin of the Radio Ernstiwan channel despite being clueless. It was a good opportunity for me to catch up with modern stuff.
>>
No. 45098
It was fun. I was going to stream some CMO but my mic gave up the ghost so we watched some Tetris, some FTL and some card-driven game vaguely reminiscent of Slay the Spire in concept. Good fun all around.
>>
No. 45103
I've long been frustrated worth not being able to call my female cat "fucker", as I usually call things that act annoying, so I came up with a female form of "fucker" - "fuckress". I've already used it once so it's a real word. Please enjoy.
>>
No. 45104
>>45103
If you want to be more fancy, old fashioned, or official, you can use "fuckeresse".
>>
No. 45105 Kontra
>>45104
"The Fuckeresses" - good name for an all female punk band.
>>
No. 45106
>>45103
Just call her a fucken slag.
t. knower

Also Fuckette, rate.
>>
No. 45107
Fucktrix. Fuckorita.
>>
No. 45108
>>45106
>>45107
Fuckatresse? Fancy name for a prostitute. Like stewardess.

Russian would be fuckochka.
I've been repeating the word "fuckochka" and laughing my ass for for the last minute.

Fuckette sounds vaguely pedophilic
>>
No. 45109
158 kB, 1143 × 1600
Fuckhazi. Fuckanthrope. Fuckoshenko. Fuckadelica. Fucksimillian. Fuckenspiel.
Fuckster. Fuckopotamus. The fuckdemic. Fuckscallion. Fucktionality. Fuckistan
Fucknold Fuckzenegger. Fuckushima and Fucksaki. Fuckurama. Fuckelodion. Fuckzpah.
Fuckstoz. Fucktember. Fuckoin. Fuckazoid. Fuckonomicon.
I sell fucks and fuck accessories.
Fucko Bell. Jizza Hut. McBonealds. Bone Depot. Dick-fil-A.
God fucketh, God fucketh away.
And lo! a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was "Fuck!".
>>
No. 45110 Kontra
>>45109
In the name of the father, the son, and the holy fuck.
>>
No. 45111
Today, I utterly failed to do anything meaningful or productive. I will do some Japanese flashcards by the end of the day, and maybe do some editing, but the day is already gone.

I will make banal updates like this every day, as a way of keeping myself on track.

I did find this neat little site recently, which might be of interest to Hungary:
http://chinesetexts.stanford.edu/
It's a free online course for learning Classical Chinese, created by a Stanford professor.
I haven't gotten very far into it, but I like it so far. It gives you short texts in Classical Chinese, alongside a glossary with the meaning of each character. I much prefer this kind of format to typical textbooks.
>>
No. 45113
Homo fuckiens. A fucksom lady. Fuckstra terrestrial life. Fucksembourg. Fuckraine. Fuckhura Mazda. Fuckem suckem robots. Fucktuple. Fucktet. Fuckle. Count Fuckula. Fuckstaposition.
Edsger W. Fuckstra. Fucklaus Wirth. Pennis Ritchie. Knob Pike. Penis Torvalds. Doubly fucked list. Smegmentation fault (core dumped). phalloc().

ok, I'm done now
>>
No. 45114
223 kB, 1185 × 640
>>45113
>>45110
>>45109
I smell a poetry reading brewing for the radio birthday party!
>>
No. 45115
Well shid, that escalated quickly :-D
>>
No. 45116
>>45113
Oh, oh, can I try too?

Unfuckable Fuckness of Fucking.
Of Fucks and Fuckers.
Fuck and Fuckingment.
One Hundred Fucks of Fuckitude.
Fuckiad.
To Fuck a Fuckingbird.
Fuckadise Fucked.
The Fuckant of Fuckice.
Fuckine Fuckedy.
Fuckantua and Fuckagruel.
Fuckiver's Fuckings.
Fuckanhoe.
The Fucker and Fuckarita.
Fuckeganns Fuck.
Fuckering Fucks.
And Fucked Fucks the Fuck.
Twenty Thousand Fucks Under the Fucks.
Fucked Fuck of Dr Fuckyll and Mr Fuck.
Fuckenstein; or, The Fucking Fucketheus.
The Ballsackious Cunt Dick Faggote of Twatmuncha.

Turning everything into obscenities is surprisingly enjoyable.
>>
No. 45117
>>45116
>Of Fucks and Fuckers
Ebin.
>>
No. 45118
Oh, don't be fuckening my fucking fuck!
Thou fucked my fuckishment of fuckerable fuckness,
And as I fuck around in fuckered outfuckness,
I still befuck the fucks when we have fucked the fuck.

Lo! Through the fuckiny of fuckaricious fuck
There fucks a fuckaroon in fuckable refuckness,
Upfuck'd yet unrefuck'd in its befuckness,
The fuckinghood is its fuckallous fuck.

Alas, the fuckatry is a fuckacious fuck,
And can be fuckericiously unfuck'd to fuck.
With thee I fuck what fuckable was not,
Without thee fuckatry in fucklessness fuckides.
Again, in a befucking fuckalot
I fuck to those with fucker's fuckerides.

OK, that's enough for now, it's becoming really stupid.
>>
No. 45119
165 kB, 1280 × 720
After talking to my sister last night I am now even more depressed than normal. It has permanently cemented my view that I should never, ever reveal anything that makes me happy or that I enjoy to anybody and that I should fiercely guard it with hate and weapons and paranoia. I think I am most sad and depressed about this because she has not escaped the Americanization despite the fact she is allegedly highly intelligent, but still kept diverting conversation into this weird feminazi subtext for no reason. I'd been warned about this by other family members but never discussed things at length with her in years, and so didn't get to experience full blast her absolutely sexist butthurt SJWism. I need to point out after saying this though that it's no excuse for either side of idpol as I thoroughly fucking hate both probably the trumptard cult at this point even more with both sides entirely responsible for getting 150,000 of us killed. So at the very least I don't have to suffer the retarded redneck rant about masks being Communism within the core family but Jesus Christ. I never understood where this poison comes from and no I do not consider it a conspiracy of the Jews it's almost like a Chinese psyop but it is one of many things ruining my country.

I have to leave. I never should have bought all those fish tanks. It's another thing that pleases me whose enjoyment I must hide from all others but more importantly I am not mobile because of it and I need to be.

I have to leave this place. I am cut off from all peoples but I must thoroughly cut myself off from Americans in particular and become a wandering Jew. I must flee this Sodom and Gomorrha before it is too late for me as well. It is not just that America is a dysfunctional shithole. It is toxic, it is wicked, it is the Great Satan. Not to besmirch all people here--there are more than ten good people left in it Lord--but the entire culture and society is so poisonous, so thoroughly venomous to all sense of decency, courtesy, empathy, virtues, honesty, and just any sense of honor or truth that it can only swallow whole and spit out the chewed up remains of a person or peoples like some evil death machine that converts biomass into raw human stupidity and evil.

I saw a news story on a guy who survived the Wuhan virus. He owned a car dealership, and so clearly was not doing bad for money. When he got out of the hospital lucky to live he told reporters "I realized I need to grab everything I can." That's it. That is America. Fuck this place and fuck its people. Whatever you or I once thought of the beautiful land of liberty and prosperity is just a phantom, a memory--if it had even existed at all. If anything makes me happy I must shut up about it and tell no one, not anything in control of reality, especially not to any American. They must never know.
>>
No. 45120
Wish I knew poetry. Fuck.
>>
No. 45123
I'm finally done with painting all the fucking planks. Seriously, whichever serf came up with "work makes you nobler" was a colossal coping retard.
Now the only thing left to do is for my father to partially assemble the damn thing and then we can transport it to the site and be done with it after we properly assemble it there.
I'd really prefer if he'd assemble it today, because he's wasting entire days with this bullshit for me. Getting paid would also be nice.

The weird thing about physical labour is that while your hand is occupied, your mind isn't, so as you mechanically complete the tasks, your mind wanders freely from one subject to another through association.
It kind of feels like as if my brain was hyper-active and couldn't turn off.

Yesterday I stayed up until midnight to book an appointment for the enrolment procedure. (Basically I just have to go there and sign a contract with the university)
Other departments had pre-made alphabetical lists for students, but the Humanities department decided that everyone should book one individually during this week.
So I stayed up until the system was open, booked a date for the first day at 9 o' clock and then went to bed.)

The thing that astonishes me the most is simply how enormous universities are. The sub-department I'm going to has like ~400 people, but it still has a library with 40k volumes. That's 10k more we had at high school.
Digitally too. The whole infrastructure is sprawling. I think I've visited like 6-7 domains so far as I was looking for information.
It's fun. I'm having fun with it. It's all new and exciting.
(Except for the 10-20 pages long documents that they publish and you have to know to go through the administrative procedures.) (Also Da Rules is a 300 pages long legal text.)

It feels like as if I were a simple barbarian encountering civilized lands for the first time.

I'm currently being a creep and looking through the facebook-pages of my classmates to see where they'll go to study. I'll have on classmate attending the same department and a good 4-5 the same university.
I guess I just want to stroke my over-inflated ego just a bit more.

>>45111
If I remember correctly Stanford also has a similar site for ancient Greek texts.
Thanks for the link btw. Didn't know about this.
(Though I know that most classical stuff is available at https://ctext.org/)
It'll probably come in handy during uni.
>>
No. 45124
222 kB, 1264 × 1600
112 kB, 350 × 525
806 kB, 1000 × 977
>>45119
do not give up

best wishes and prayers
>>
No. 45125
>>45119
If you have a college degree, go teach English in Asia.

If you don't have a degree, you can still probably do that in Latin America. Or at least find some NGO in LatAm or Africa that helps tutor kids or build houses or something. You can get out any time you want, you just have to be willing to drop everything.
>>
No. 45127
>>45123
What 400 people? Students or lecturer? Or both? Dunno about the convenience but usually people study at different time lenght. My master will have about 100 or 130 new people, given that you study 2 years minimum there are about 450-600 people at least enrolled for a single master programm with different foci currently.
40k made me chuckle, given that my universities library contains more than 2 million books, I guess the literature department with all languages (That is English, Spanish and German and Russian, other languages are not programs) has about 200k-300k. It has its own wing. Russian was discontinued quite a while ago, before I enrolled here and is the smallest with let's say 4x75m of shelves or so.

Anyway best of luck, you don't need to read many documents I think, you only need to know what seminars and lectures or what not to choose or can be chosen for credit scoring and in order to come to an end some day. Most necessary details will be told to you and if you have a question that is bothering to lecturers about exames etc. I would ask student or official personnel, dunno really but I just assume all universities have multiple outlets where clueless people get answers to their questions. That is the good thing about university, there is always a place where somebody can answer your questions :DDD.
Also I guess you will have those freshman days, check them out, it's an introduction to university, albeit it can be cringy sometimes, it's done with reasons in mind.
>>
No. 45128
I have ultimately decided against going. They insist on bringing a personal laptop, which I don't have. And I wanted to accept only because they suggested a remote internship, so I could at least have time to assess them as an employer, and maybe move to my brother's, and also obtain a laptop by some means. But I don't want to jump the gun and commit to commuting 1.5h a day because I'm desperate and the very second place I sent my resume to said "yes".

Sorry young mansion ladies, this man's got priorities.
>>
No. 45129
>>45128
Should have asked if you can live in the mansion, and if they can give you an advance to purchase a laptop/buy you a laptop outright.

If they're that desperate they might just accept any terms you ask for.
>>
No. 45130
>>45129
I don't think they're desperate, i'm just joking around.
They did like my portfolio, but considering the rather low pay for something that's supposed to be a hip startup, I don't think they'll go for financial concessions.
The pay they're offering would be low-ish even if I lived right next to them.
>>
No. 45131
The downside to free markets: compatibility issues. I really want to get the same case fans as that shitty Walmart game PC had but don't know which they are but it's seemingly irrelevant as there's all kinds of compatibility issues with what is literally just 50 cent blinky lights at extraordinary markups. Like, $120+ for just 3 Corsair fans, which is literally just a case fan with LED lights inside it. Oh, and software. The fans themselves should only cost $5 each, $10 if pushing it, and apparently they all have -proprietary- plugs. It's making me think if I really want to get such a stupid pointless waste of money to just go with what's absolute cheapest and hope it's not the usual poorly made Chinese stuff rebrand that'll start a housefire. Well at least this is the one final thing to make my new system complete and then await the last packages followed by having no clue what I am doing and just hoping I don't start a fire or brick anything when setting up.

Speaking of shipping, I am more and more infuriated about the assault on our postal system. It's the one last nice thing we have in this country. It's like our Red Army Orchestra. The postal service actually works. Meanwhile both FedEx and UPS cost way more and take way longer to get here and neither one of them is as reliable as the USPS. Because I still somewhat have work or have errands I'm not always here and they missed me so now they dropped my f'ing package off at some other point. Like what the hell is the point when I have now go all the way out to some sketchy cold drop point. At least it's close enough I can still get there, as opposed to having to do some real traveling, although they dropped it off at some completely unrelated business which makes me question why my package was even left there and what kind of hassles I can expect, and which I'm going to have to do tomorrow or the day after because apparently it's some kind of redelivery where they don't even bother trying to redeliver to where you live if you don't answer the door but instead try to deliver it to someplace else if you miss the first time. It's just such a completely dysfunctional and broken system.

>>45128
I told you point blank that I'll give you a hundred dollars to help pay for your laptop if I can figure out how to get it to you but I've never tried sending money to Kazakhstan or used gofundme so I'd rather someone who knows tell me what to do.
>>
No. 45136
21 kB, 276 × 842
>>45127
400 students. But it's probably closer to like 500. Still less than a HS.
(50 people per the three grades for Japanese, Korean and Chinese and then 15-30 for the remaining languages like Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew Hindi and Tibetan)
I'm not good at maths. It's small, that's what matter.
The 40k is just the Far Eastern Institute's Library. The other departments and institutes have their own libraries. (No Idea how big those are.)
The entire collection of the Philosophische Fakultät is probably much in the millions too. Or IDK. Apparently the university collaborates closely with the Budapest central library. It's practically and extension of the university.

There's a lot of departments. I go to the oldest one established in the 1600s. If I remember correctly Babits also attended the Faculty of Humanities at this school.

Thankfully I already found the necessary courses list after I asked a friend who's an university student.
It looks pretty rad but I have no idea when to register for the courses.

>Also I guess you will have those freshman days
I'm planning to attend the freshman days. I thought they were organising a camp, but that's off the table. (And has been off for a few years now apparently.)
(Freshmen here are referred to as Storks)

Sorry if the post is a bit disjointed, I had a small cup of rakija and I'm in an overly good mood.
>>
No. 45143
>>45136
>Or IDK

Does the library have a wikipedia page? It will have the numbers I think.

>It looks pretty rad but I have no idea when to register for the courses.

Probably during those stork days they will show you. Dunno for my masters there is an event in the beginning of october where this is explained. Is there a program for these stork days?
Also do you know if you have to tick all those courses or need to choose only some?
>>
No. 45149
I'm finally done with the job.
We also agreed on the money with my father. Didn't take much negotiation, since we both initially said the same sum.
Ordered pizza for lunch today. It was pretty good.
I'm kinda tired.

>>45143
Based on what the website says, the library of the Department of Humanities has 1,2 million documents. If you add the libraries of the other departments, it's 1,6 million, which makes it the 8th largest library in the country and the 3rd in the capital.
In the capital it's the third after the National Széchenyi Library at circa ~8 million documents, though this is data from 2006 and the Szabó Ervin Capital City Library at 3.1 million.

Well, I'll go to the freshman days. No point in not attending really.
>>
No. 45150
>>45149
In any case you will find books a plenty. But it's always nice to know that ones library has most of the books one is looking for. And yeah go to these days. It's a mistake to not do it I think when you know nobody there. I'm thinking about skipping the zoom socializing game that is planned for my start... tells you how weird it is but yeah that is how it is, should probably just give it a shot, now I'm getting nervous thinking about it. Tbh the zoom casting I had for a room was quite chill so maybe these thrown-in convos are ok in the end
>>
No. 45162
>>45111
Today I did nothing productive either. If I don't get things done in the morning, there's little hope of accomplishing anything later.

One goal that I did nothing to build towards is going back to school to get a second bachelor's degree, this time in plant or agricultural science (my current social science degree has been mostly useless after I abandoned the idea of academia). I find the subject interesting - I almost double-majored in plant science the first time around - and getting a proper degree in it should provide many job opportunities both domestic and abroad. It would also help prepare for my long-term dream of having a small farm.

Unfortunately, as an American this degree would likely cost me >$70k, even if I only take 2 years to complete the degree, and even if I do it all online through a public university. I could easily learn everything associated with the degree through self-study and free lectures available online, but without the magical $70k piece of paper awarded by a university, all of that knowledge would be worthless. This disgusts me at a profound level.

At this point, it seems like it would make more sense for me to brush up on my Spanish, and apply to universities in Spain or Latin America. Apparently, it's actually possible to attend university for <$2k tuition a year in a developed country. For 1/35(!) the cost of attending some state college situated in bumfuck nowhere Oregon, I could attend a renowned medieval university situated in a cozy historical town in Spain. There must be something wrong here, right?
>>
No. 45164
>>45162
At least here in Germany we have tons of english language BAs for foreigners, including niche stuff. Obviously a little bit more expensive than what you pay as a native but still nothing in comparison to american fees.
>>
No. 45166
797 kB, 2272 × 1444
Budapest was beautiful and goulash was delicious.