/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

Currently at Radio Ernstiwan:

Animumusik by Yuno

M3U - XSPF

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 47573
25 kB, 360 × 389
How do I become better at listening? I find that I can't really think and listen simultaneously

t. Might be a literal retard
>>
No. 47574
1,4 MB, 640 × 480, 0:17
>>47573
>How do I become better at listening?
Short answer: practice.
Really, conversation is a skill that needs to be learned like any other. If, while you're improving, you need to choose between listening and thinking, then always listen first. There isn't always a need to respond immediately during conversation. The content of your words should matter more than the speed by which they were delivered. If a brief pause will allow you to better consider what has been said, then by all means pause. If you need more time, and the silence may be uncomfortably long, simply acknowledge that you're absorbing the new information. If nothing else, that will demonstrate that you care enough about the speaker to consider their words before replying. Caring about the other party, about their thoughts and perspective, is the real key to being a good listener.
>>
No. 47575
Ritalin
>>
No. 47580
I look away and blank my visual field usually. Any visual stimulus is distracting. That includes looking in the eye, watching their mouth, watching hands etc. People routinely do stupid shit like they'll be looking at one object and asking for something in a totally different place so I because I was tracking eye movement grab the wrong thing. Lot of people are put off by not making eye contact etc so just take quick moments to look them in the eye before going back to processing whatever they're saying.

I basically don't process audio information well. There's about a 1-2 second delay in translating spoken words to thoughts and visual data I can process. I've never discoverred why this is but I've got a splitting headache right jow.