/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 48412
1,4 MB, 1000 × 1008
>>
No. 48413 Kontra
>>48411
>but don't loose your chuunibyou seriousness. It's a necessary condition to succeed in anything that matters in life.

This, you need some bite.

Yesterday the day was good until I was told I look sad, which actually made me sad and the attempt of cheering me up made me even more sad, because I was not able to cheer up. Not even a full week here and I have a downer.
>>
No. 48418
3,5 MB, 4018 × 3242
Ive been deleting everything imageboard/meme related from my computer. I only have wallpapers or infographics and pictures of significance to me saved.
>>
No. 48425
Driving your sense of self worth from institutions is cringe.
It is as if you wanted the academic institution to validate your existence by "officially" granting you worthiness that must now be recognized by society.

Is like those guys who join Mensa and find out if just a bunch of dickheads
>>
No. 48433
>>48425
I knew a guy who was in Mensa once, he was a dickhead who told everyone about it constantly, his job was to staple cardboard boxes together for Dell.

I got a 1st class honours degree but it is completely worthless, I've been thinking about hiding all my qualifications on a CV and handing it out to see if I get more job offers if I appear completely uneducated. You don't have to be smart to have a degree, masters or PhD - you just have to do the work you're given.
>>
No. 48449
1,1 MB, 2042 × 1837
I'm at this point again where I want a stable based understanding in mathematics, physics, chemics, informatics etc.
There was this 800 or 100 page book in my old library that was about basics of engineering, I looked in libgen and there was an introduction to telecommunication and network engineering. I look up university lectures in physics (introduction) but I suspect they will have a super steep learning curve. Given that I read about technoscience is resembling science fiction, more concerned with possibility than being, becoming instead of identity, I suspect (all kinds of) engineering would be the best field to explore, but it's useless without knowledge in mathematics. The problem is that a) I have to understand the formalizations, like a language I can actually speak and not being clueless and b) that is also means constant repetition of certain formalizations and there relations in order to get "fluent", but when do I do my readings in philosophy etc? I study humanities but I really want to understand the science and technology, the materiality of things, the laws and equations that guide and are relevant for the development of technology I try to scrutinize and ponder about from a philosopical/cultural viewpoint.

I read Bernard Stiegler (he become, in his own words, a philosopher after eing imprisoned for bank robbery between 1978-1983), quite or very difficult. And only a minor thing that I took from him is the difference he makes of technics and technology, the latter is a fusion of technics with science.
>>
No. 48457
>>34466
>artificial
While I haven't tried that drink, it's probably don't. That's just how kyohō grapes taste for you. Once you've convinced yourself of this, "grape" flavo(u)r in foods and drinks will seem much less artificial. To a lesser extent, the same goes for "apple" flavo(u)red products.
But I have never found out if there's any natural thing "cream soda" is trying to mimick. Ghastly stuff.
>>
No. 48459
>>48457
Well might be that it is that special grape which makes the taste, but since I drank some Tango Apple and know how different apples taste, including green apples, I pretty much suspect(ed) it to be artificial aroma, like with the Tango Apple.
The Cream Soda thingy also goes for Uludag, doesn't resemble anything particular.
>>
No. 48463
>>48457
>replying to a thread from a year ago

>>48457
>That's just how kyohō grapes taste for you.
>>48459
>Well might be that it is that special grape which makes the taste
I looked up kyohou grapes on Wikipedia, and saw the following:
>The grape maintains some of the flavor qualities of the Concord, known to consumers from the flavor of most grape jellies and Concord grape juice.[4]
Concord grapes are in fact the basis for artificial grape flavoring. If you've never had them it's about as close to the real thing as artificial watermelon or banana.

TBH Concords are the only kind of grape worth eating on their own. Every other grape just tastes like generic sweet fruit, which is why white grape juice is often used as a base in flavored fruit cocktails. Kind of hard to find the fresh Concord grapes where I live, but at least you can find proper grape juice and preserves all over America.
>>
No. 48469
>>48459
>might be that it is that special grape which makes the taste
Just for the record, I don't mean to say that the drink's flavour is caused by any real grape juice or extract that the drink may or may not contain, just that its flavour, however artificial it may technically be, may approximate that of grape varieties uncommon on the Niemcach.
At least, that was my reaction when I ate East Asian grapes and apples for the first time, which for me somewhat redeemed earlier experiences with "grape" and "apple" flavoured stuff as being not as unrealistic as I had thought.

>>48463
>>replying to a thread from a year ago
But it worked out fine, no?
>Concord grapes are in fact the basis for artificial grape flavoring.
Nice to know. So I was wrong to associate the East Asian grapes with it.
>If you've never had them it's about as close to the real thing as artificial watermelon or banana.
"it" = the flavo(ur)ing?
"the real thing" = Concord grapes?
I had only known the "generic sweet fruit" you describe, so the East Asian fruit came closer to the flavouring than anything else I've ever tasted.
>known to consumers from the flavor of most grape jellies and Concord grape juice
I don't know if shops here even sell those products. I think it was something else that introduced me to this "grape" flavouring that conspicuously mismatched our grapes' neutrally sweet flavour.

>watermelon
I'm not familiar with watermelon flavouring. Is it used in drinks? Chewing gum? Ice cream?
Do shops sell woodruff flavoured products in your country? It's used in drinks and jellies here.
I hope I won't permanently lose my sense of smell from an infection, but it's not too high a price to pay for survival.
>>
No. 48470
>>48469
>So I was wrong to associate the East Asian grapes with it.
Well, those East Asian grapes are derived in part from Concords, and share some of the distinctive flavor profile.

>"it" = the flavo(ur)ing?
>"the real thing" = Concord grapes?
Yeah, sorry for not being clear.

>I don't know if shops here even sell those products. I think it was something else that introduced me to this "grape" flavouring that conspicuously mismatched our grapes' neutrally sweet flavour.
I'm sure you could find such products on Amazon if you're curious, or in any shop catering to American personnel if you live near a base. "Grape" (really, Concord grape) is one of the most popular types of jam and juice over here.

Concord grapes only became so important in the first place because Americans wanted to find an alternative to blackcurrants, which we banned to protect native species from a plant disease associated with them. Having tried a few blackcurrant flavored products, it's actually kind of similar. Might be what the grape flavoring reminded you of.

>>48469
>I'm not familiar with watermelon flavouring. Is it used in drinks? Chewing gum? Ice cream?
Drinks, gum, hard candy. Not ice cream, but I'm sure someone has done it. Probably my favorite flavoring for candy and gum, even if it doesn't taste too much like watermelon.

>>48469
>Do shops sell woodruff flavoured products in your country?
I had to google the word "woodruff", so no. Herbal flavorings aren't too popular on the United States in general.
>>
No. 48474
>>48470
>[blackcurrant flavor] Might be what the grape flavoring reminded you of.
That's possible, but I'm sure I've also had a couple of grape flavoured products (so I'm not curious about the jelly), perhaps even real Concord juice when overseas. And I think of blackcurrant flavouring as something slightly exotic – I'd guess it's more common in Britain or France – that I didn't know until my teens, unlike redcurrant fruit as used in Rote Grütze and homemade jam.
>"Grape" (really, Concord grape) is one of the most popular types of jam and juice over here.
Grape juice, probably of other varieties, is common here as well, I guess third place after the ubiquitous apple and orange when I was young. But I've never seen grape jam except in Turkish grocery shops which always have it, theirs is very smooth (unlike most German jams) and viscous and tastes boring but is nice spread on sliced bread together with sesame paste.
>Probably my favorite flavoring for candy and gum
You would probably like the watermelon ice lolly sold here by a Dutch brand called "Nice". Surprisingly, it's made without flavouring. I'd say it does taste exactly like watermelon. It's expensive, though.

Y'all, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread instead of starting a separate food flavourings thread. This thread should be about my or your day. My week is starting badly so far, it's the middle of the night yet neighbours feel entitled to play loud music for hours. I wonder why their immediate neighbours don't intervene. … Ah, the noise has stopped, I hope it's over. Have a good night or day.
>>
No. 48492
>>48411
>chuunibyou seriousness
I kind of hate how this is probably one of the best ways to describe my relationship to the world.

>a bourgeois right of passage
It kind of is, because people still have this reflex that degree = the big cash from the days of the communist dictatorship when only the exceptionally gifted and the exceptionally connected got into a university.
Of course a lot of lazy cunts also use it to avoid joining the workforce. (Because it's ""free"" if you have the score necessary for a faculty)
If I were to be honest, in part I'm here too because my mother insisted ever since I was a little boy.
She wanted to go to uni, but here results sucked because she had to work to help support the family.
Since I entered first grade, she periodically warned and told me to study, so I can get ahead in life.
I guess I had this prepare for standards and expectations that don't even exist thing drilled into me since my childhood.

To my credit, I rectified my motivations later down the line, but ultimately, it was how my life was planned. I just got to pick a degree.
(But then again, when we had lunch with my mother, just the two of us, and I asked her "what was the plan", she just said that she only wanted me to get the two language certificates, because languages are important, and after that "it's up to you".)

I don't know if "narrativising" my life is a good coping mechanism or not. It's probably where the chuuniness comes from, because I think I'm the hero/protagonist of this something that I perceive as progressing. Couple this with the cognitive dissonance of feeling unworthy for no reason and life becomes really fun. It's probably what causes these swings where one day I'm the king of the world, a demigod, and in the other I don't want to get out of bed.
Thinking about this just makes me want to cry again.
>>
No. 48515
311 kB, 466 × 502
Hello Ernstchan, my old friend

Had some rough times since I decided to move out since I couldn't (and didn't want to tbh) move in with my parents again as they have a guest who is occupying my room and will stay there for a while. Luckily though, my mom has a friend who moved away and left the keys with her, so I'm staying in a pretty big house all by myself for now. It's a bit triste due to many of the rooms being almost empty with just some leftover stuff lying around, but the rooms I'm using are comfy enough and the gas stove is great for cooking. There's also a nice big garden, even if it's also a bit abandoned. Saddens me a bit that I'll probably never own such a property :P
Went on a minor drinking bout, nothing too extreme, but I had to discipline myself to stop after I realized I've been drinking varying amounts every day for a week or so. Feeling alright now, though my sleeping schedule is busted & I'm having some anxiety attacks from time to time. Picked up smoking again, too, tbh that's been a pretty good decision so far. I'm sure many people picked it up again during lockdown.
Sent out my translation of Crystal World by Pelevin to a couple of people and got some positive feedback. Though most told me they didn't really get the historical context, so I'm trying to do some research and write a bit of an analysis to go with it, there's already a couple of Russian texts I could borrow from.

What have you guys been up to?
>>
No. 48518
I was watching an African cooking channel and was surprised to see a dish that is defintely not asian made with soy sauce and oyster sauce and I wondered what impact the chinese relationship and projects on the different regions of the african continent might have.
>>
No. 48526
2,0 MB, 1428 × 811
1,7 MB, 3110 × 2772
Had Greek and Chinese class today.
Actually managed to get the Chinese test-question right this time, which makes me happy.
Knew the Characters well and made some translations during class.

>>48515
>Picked up smoking again, too, tbh that's been a pretty good decision so far. I'm sure many people picked it up again during lockdown.
Yeah. Also alcohol. I'd have probably picked up an alcohol habit by now because of the pandemic if I weren't such a genetic dead-end that my stomach can't handle it.

>What have you guys been up to?
Wrote a short text about a Chinese bowl for art class.
Also had to make a "visual transcription" and I let my inner artist loose :D