Hail Odin! by Christenklatscher666

M3U - XSPF

Niedliche Scheissmusik by Funpaku

Online player

M3U - XSPF

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 48450
429 kB, 495 × 497
So what actually marks the boundaries of what it means to be human, a person, or between human and personhood?

This might sound like a really dumb question but when you actually inspect it you'll notice that there's all kinds of legal, moral, ethical, philosophical, genetic/scientific, anthropological, and other issues and controversies inherent to this. Among this are things like abortion and being a moral agent, and at which points you cannot be considered a moral agent and/or vested with the full rssponibilities to "personhood" as well as which signifiers stretch as beyond the "mere beast" and into becoming fully Man a great deal of which are shared radically among many other species to the extent that some of them could be arguably proven to hold greater capacities in some areas than notable members of our own, such as empathy in psychopaths--which itself further begs the question of where someone like a psychopath falls along those lines of personhood, being human, and what is meant by "shared humanity" which they abundantly lack, and what their full legal and moral culpability is considered to be as opposed to a full grown adult man who may do the same thing but is not given the death penalty because he's clinically retarded, and how that man will be imprisoned rather than someone who is fully psychotic and simply put in a mental hospital all for the same crimes. It begs the question of behaviorism and the limitations of Western categorical inquiries as well, which though it's clear most things in life outside computers are not either/or binaries those loose categories can at times be helpful.

I ask this now partly because Man's relationship to doge is somehow the most human thing ever to me, but also because lately I've been mulling over the question after realizing the extent to which certain people are so totally lacking the components of both empathy AND intellect so as to be barely distinguishable to me as something that can be called a true person, or is at the very minimum indistinguishable from a bot.