/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 4895
32 kB, 480 × 721
The day finally came this week. I just found out today that my junkie "cousin" fatally OD'ed two days ago. I put "cousin" in quotes because my mother was adopted. My mother knew exactly where she stood as her adoptive parents were quick to tell her, "Blood is thicker than water." After hearing the refrain throughout much of your life, you grow bitter and disgusted, but frankly, we're both thankful to God we share not one drop of blood with these people

My cousin was a malignant tumor given a human shape. Because of this woman's terrible childhood, grandpa pitied her endlessly. Even as recently as a year ago, he kept saying, "She's just a big kid," because she would always be the 5-year-old girl he'd stare at on his refrigerator door. I don't know what inspired her to take drugs, but I can tell you that she indeed suffered the worst possible circumstances growing up. Her father committed suicide before she was six months old. Her mother is a consummate grifter who shacks up with the lowest of low lives.

My cousin's teenage obsession with Kurt Cobain partly explains her inclination towards hard drugs, but she grew up with an endless stream of pain. She either decided early on that her prospects in life would be minimal (her mother did frequently berate her) or perhaps she simply had no interest in being productive, and what better way to explore new sensations than continually ingest newer and newer highs. Getting high simultaneously helped alleviate the pain of her childhood trauma and kept her close in spirit to the celebrities she idolized. Her grandpa would unconditionally support her, so the incentive to grow up simply didn't exist. In the end, grandpa viewed his granddaughter as a child who desperately needed to be nurtured.

In the beginning, grandpa afforded my cousin a mobile home near some of her school friends. Despite the town being economically destitute, she still wanted to stay in touch with the same circle of shitheads. Meanwhile, grandpa routinely paid for her various expenses, from utilities, phone plan to even toiletries, all while she received welfare. She also solicited under false pretenses so he'd give her beer and drug money for her and her friends to party.

After years of grandpa's support, she caused him absolute grief, from stealing from friends, hanging out with petty criminals and dope fiends, getting in trouble with the law and ruining his credit by running up debt on his cards, forcing him to lie to the credit card company (he claimed ID theft) to protect her.

Within the past five years or so, my cousin became deeply addicted to heroin and started doing anything she could to feed her habit, including stealing some of his antiques, stealing his social security checks and forging signatures to cash them, stealing from friends and even getting one of her dope fiend friend to screech and harass him into giving up family heirlooms, most notably grandma's ring. After allegedly three hours of verbal abuse, he finally caved in and surrendered the ring. She and dope fiend stole his car to pawn the ring and used the proceeds to buy drugs. One time, a dealer even came by grandpa's house to collect an owed debt.

After enough abuse, grandpa finally mustered the courage to call the cops and had his precious heroin addict put in rehab for a month. After she got out, she immediately went back to her old tricks, doing drugs, stealing from everyone she knew and doing everything to keep her heroin supply steady. She even found newer ways to solicit money from grandpa, such as buying pet food for her starving dog, which she would then return for heroin money. As this all happened, she shoplifted, leading to her getting caught one time and pulling a "I DINDU NUFFIN!" After enough grief, he called the cops, had her arrested and got a restraining order.

A month went by without a word from my cousin, but being full of hard luck stories, she came back into his life and continued the drug routine. In that time, he befriended an empathetic cop. One night, she came home after having stole his car to make a drug run, banging on the door and cursing noisily. The cop greeted and promptly arrested her. As she sat in jail, she wrote him a letter, demanding he rescind the restraining order, effectively leading to law enforcement revoking her bail.

She was then sentenced to 6 months (it took two months for the case to go anywhere because her lawyer kept forum shopping) and was finally free around Christmas time. Since that time, she was living in the old bastard's house and continued to live her days partying and stealing from friends.

Then, her biological mother moved in and the conditions of grandpa's house deteriorated rapidly. Prior to OD'ing fatally, she had previously OD'd at a friend's house which put her in court-ordered rehab for three months. In a move that surprised everyone, grandpa finally pressed charges for stealing which put her in jail for about a month. She fatally OD'ed within one week of getting out.

Frankly, I don't have it in me to gravedance. All I can say is what a waste of life.

So tell me, how do you feel about the opioid crisis? Do you know anyone in your life affected by it?
>>
No. 4898
>forum shopping
Hey I just learned a new term today. How is that even legal? I thought you had to have the case tried in whatever jurisdiction it happened?

>Then, her biological mother moved in and the conditions of grandpa's house deteriorated rapidly. Prior to OD'ing fatally, she had previously OD'd at a friend's house which put her in court-ordered rehab for three months. In a move that surprised everyone, grandpa finally pressed charges for stealing which put her in jail for about a month. She fatally OD'ed within one week of getting out.
I mean, two things. First of all, I feel sorry for your grandpa because he's probably going to end up blaming himself for her death.

Second of all, did your grandfather molest her?

>So tell me, how do you feel about the opioid crisis?
Somewhat ambivalent. The meth crisis wasn't even all that long ago either. I do however remember the sense of outrage I felt as a kid when I first heard the claim that "you can't get addicted to painkillers if you only use it for pain". It was clear to me back then that the pharma companies were the biggest drug pushers around. What bothers me even more frankly is that they keep trying to ban Kratom because guess what, it's not something they can patent and sell to profit off their own damn drug addicted patients so they'll try to put that one in the grave while coming out with some new patented piece of shit medicine that also ends up killing people and ruining lives.
>Do you know anyone in your life affected by it?
Surprisingly no I don't, at least not off the top of my head but I stopped dealing with people entirely a couple years ago. It actually was pretty fucking funny in my neighborhood though walking by all these diabetic syringes for a year, and then the next year there's Suboxone wrappers everywhere. Said wrappers also stopped appearing making me think the person moved or is in jail.

In terms of that kind of robbery though, I honestly think it usually is a passive aggressive form of revenge.
>>
No. 4903
We don't have an opioid problem here.
The US epidemic is scary because it's not coming from the streets, but from the doctor's office.
It's like a stab in the back.
Opioids are used for serious pain. Like when you have lung cancer, or if you had your spine torn out in a car accident. It shouldn't be used for back pain.
>>
No. 4906
81 kB, 600 × 600
Fug, that sounds shit. She obviously seems like a huge pain in the arse, but it also sounds like she didn't have a particularly happy life.

"There is a stronger correlation between childhood trauma and addiction, than there is between obesity and diabetes."
>>
No. 4907
>>4898
The lawyer dicked around until a judge finally placed her foot down and declared jurisdiction on the case.

>Second of all, did your grandfather molest her?
Nah, he doesn't like little kids.

My cousin did mention getting an abortion in her teens, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was somehow sexually abused by one of her ex-boyfriends. At one point, she went full dyke and towards the last two years, she started to resemble the Rap duo Twiztid.

I remember going over grandpa's house while she was living there with her then-girlfriend and her welfare-check kid. She claimed to be going out for a coffee run and asked us all if we wanted any. There's no way in hell I'd accept a drink from her, so I declined, but her girlfriend had asked. An hour or so later, she comes back without any coffee but completely glazed eyes strongly suggesting she went to shoot up.
>>
No. 4911
>So tell me, how do you feel about the opioid crisis? Do you know anyone in your life affected by it?

There's lots of evidence that cannabis decriminalization/legalization in the U.S. decreases opioid abuse and the number of deaths associated with it.
>>
No. 4915
32 kB, 807 × 689
>>4895
>forum shopping
I assumed this meant she was buying drugs off the internet, before I googled what it actually meant
>>
No. 4919
Fun fact: this is RAC Bernd's cousin

t. knower

Also, sorry for your loss. What a terrible and tragic ending for a life so young.
>>
No. 4926
>My mother knew exactly where she stood as her adoptive parents were quick to tell her, "Blood is thicker than water."

Such people are cancer and the organs around them are equally suspect. Let this be a reminder that they must be cut out or they will consume you.

My half-brother has a similar issue with his fathers side. Literally all scum but he discovered he had a little sister a few years back that he foolishly let into his life after assuming she was a good egg. As you can imagine she's been nothing but trouble who can't exercise basic good judgement so needs continual bailing out.

Anyway, as for the opioid epidemic. We don't really have it here as naturally the NHS has significantly more oversight over prescriptions and patients can't exactly shop around. It is something the US example has probably helped the rest of the world avoid too.
>>
No. 4928
>>4911
You know, and I say this as a legalization advocate, the thing is that there isn't actually a huge cross between potheads and smackheads. The idea that legalizing weed will do anything about opioid addiction is a completely and entirely false one. The two major ones I'd keep legal and available would be gabapentin and Kratom. There is no real reason to think we will in any way shape or form have an advantage against heroin by legalizing pot. Perhaps there's enough smack heads out there who will ease their way with pot, but generally speaking the big crossover is between opiate addicts and alcoholics (Trent Reznor comes to mind). I mean I personally drank, a lot. I'm also one of those people who gets anxious, paranoid, and dissociated on pot. Really I don't even understand where this comes from, except the usual annoying stoners who cannot even imagine why anybody wouldn't be smoking pot.

Actually I just remembered, wasn't there someone on KC or something saying how he had a brother who got clean and was "fixed" of his heroin addiction, but now drinks a liter of vodka a day? Yeah, that. I've heard great things about gabapentin though I can't say for sure how well it'd work with heroin addicts (my understanding is the country is currently mass prescribing it for almost any reason). The only reason I'd be leery of Kratom for a heroin addict is because as a smoker and former drunk I know how much just that one little puff or one sip is like the worst tease, which is the nature of addiction--you simply can't control yourself. There is no "just a little" there is either nothing, or there isn't enough in the world to fill you. But otherwise, Kratom is like an opioid that isn't, causes no respiratory depression, addiction seems pretty rare and mild (I used it nonstop for several months and just felt tired and crabby for a weekend, like stopping coffee) and it fulfills the same role as methadone.
>>
No. 4931
23 kB, 402 × 431
>>
No. 4932
>So tell me, how do you feel about the opioid crisis? Do you know anyone in your life affected by it?

Just from having scanned the references in a recent NEJM opinion piece, it seems to me like there's a decent amount of data from clinical trials and longitudinal studies suggesting methadone and buprenorphine substantially reduce rates of fatal overdose and relapse in opioid use disorder. Perhaps expanding access to medication assisted treatment for OUD is at least part of the path forward.

I have not been personally affected by the epidemic. However I have heard of individuals from my former high school dying from fatal opioid overdoses.

>>4919
Isn't RAC Bernd Pakistani or some other kind of South Asian? The OP's story sounds more like working class white broblems
>>
No. 4933
>>4932
My mother is rural Yankee whitebread. My mother marrying a Pakistani wasn't without controversy. When her parents came over to take the car she had drive since her college days away, my grandpa flat out said to my father's face, "Go back to the Iran you came from!" In a phone call around the same period, he asked my mother, "Is that nigger giving you drugs?"

Our sides of the family weren't on speaking terms until my grandmother died. My mother tried her best to rekindle a relationship with the man who raised her, but in the end, he chose my cousin because she was ultimately his.

Experimental medicine rendered my grandpa sterile during his time in Guadalcanal. After coming home and getting married, he adopted my mother and his sister's out-of-wedlock daughter. As you could've surmised, his sister's daughter is my cousin's mother.
>>
No. 4934
>>4933
>My mother is rural Yankee whitebread. My mother marrying a Pakistani wasn't without controversy. When her parents came over to take the car she had drive since her college days away, my grandpa flat out said to my father's face, "Go back to the Iran you came from!" In a phone call around the same period, he asked my mother, "Is that nigger giving you drugs?"

Interesting. Of course I don't approve of their attitude towards your father but it's unsurprising given the time period. I suppose there were not many mixed marriages in the first wave of the American South Asian diaspora.

>Experimental medicine rendered my grandpa sterile during his time in Guadalcanal.

hm now this is a plot point I've never heard you expand upon
>>
No. 4935
>>4934
Yep. He was a WWII vet. He fought in the Guadalcanal Campaign in the Pacific Theater. After getting some shrapnel stuck in his legs from a Japanese grenade, he underwent treatment. The doctors botched foreign body extraction, forcing them to amputate his left leg entirely. He refused treatment for the other leg fearing they'd also fuck that up and render him a double amputee. I believe that's when they gave him that experimental medicine, although I'm not terribly sure. Details are rather murky.
>>
No. 4938
>>4935
>lose a leg and become sterile to win the war and gain nothing in the end
Was his wife at least cute?
>>
No. 4939
This age of synthetic super drugs scares the shit out of me. Cheap drugs to turn people into zombies, and they can be made in your garage. Worse than that, you can OD by touching them, which means that some jackass could theoretically spread it in some public place, like a kid's park, and nobody would ever notice it.
>>
No. 4941
>>4939
I'd say it weeds out the thick of it.
In the Eastern part of the country, entire villages are hooked on "herbál" (synthetic Marijuana) and there is nothing done about it.
But I mean, even my drug using friends described it as "Any dogshit that might kill you".
The main problem is that the legislation can't keep up with it.
>>
No. 4961
>>4939
Many toxicologists and pharmacists feel the risk of OD from accidental skin absorption of synthetic opioids has been overstated:

https://www.statnews.com/2017/08/09/fentanyl-falling-ill/
>>
No. 4964
86 kB, 657 × 527
>>4931
Oh you mean medical Marijuana for pain. Eh, yeah, I've heard good things about using it for pain. I thought you meant dealing with the opioid epidemic, which here's how it basically started in America:

We had some companies pushing their new time release formulations of things like oxycodone and they pushed it hard. Meanwhile Vicodin, Percocet, Lortab, Percodan, Roxicet this stuff was doled out like candy for any even trivial problem in much the same way everybody in this country got loaded up on Prozac, Ritalin, and Adderall throughout the 90s-00s. I personally did, I knew a fuckload of others that did, quite a few of these pills, including what genuinely infuriates me which is the large number of people I know who were put on extremely heavy duty drugs throughout childhood and adolescence, which I view with the same approval as the average person would when hearing some cokehead parent was doing lines with their 10 year old. That is how much I hate them. That is also why I sincerely hate trannyism with a fiery passion, because at least pumping kids full of drugs they might be theoretically normal functional adults, but crippling hormonal development seems so much worse but I digress (and yes, you absolutely should be looking at this tranny craze from the same lens as America's opioid epidemic, our Prozac epidemic, and our Ritalin and meth epidemics).

These companies sent out "representatives" which is literally sending a lobbyist to individual doctors and practices to get them to prescribe their product, including perks like taking them out to fancy dinners and tickets to ski resorts and such. Think on that: America has an entire profession of drug company lobbyists for individual doctors and prescribers. It is just that corrupt.

So what happens is then all of these kids, many of whom already got used to taking mood altering pills in the 90s, started raiding grandma's medicine cabinet, or started getting them through their friends. I, personally, witnessed that scene and got a few myself, as well as having hydrocodone and oxycodone for separate dental things--which, to be fair, at least those stopped me from drinking while I was on them.

So now by about the mid 00s everybody has gotten high off of these pills who wants to. But then we started getting flooded with heroin from places like Afghanistan and possibly South America. Well, the thing is, these pills are fucking expensive. I mean a 40mg oxy could go for $40. Heroin, otoh, was apparently quite cheap, and that's when the jump off happened. Most of these people shooting H are not chronic pain patients. The drugs got diverted from those people and into these hands. Those kids then saw heroin less as scary needles and more like, oh, ok it's just like percocet no big deal then. The fact that this same generation had been lied to about pot didn't help as DARE programs completely undermined any trust in the anti-drug narrative.

What happened then was that the DEA and prescribers started closing the spigot. This left tons of people out there who'd been abusing pills without a source. Which was the worst possible thing they could have done at that time because there was a lot of heroin hitting the street right around then, which meant all these people who'd gotten used to pills simply switched to heroin which was much cheaper.

The reason why we're getting so many overdose deaths is because of the "china white" issue, which used to be a big taboo of mixing fentanyl with heroin. To this day I think it's completely justifiable to shoot or jail for a long time dealers who do that shit. The last time it happened there was also huge waves of deaths from bad shots. This is going on now because various opioid research chems largely made in China were getting ordered and being used to cut the stuff, so now probably a majority of America's heroin is cut with fentanyl or worse, hence all the deaths. The stuff they're using like what is it, UH47700 or whatever, is so much more potent, and some of these anologues can literally OD you from just getting a whiff of the dust in the air, and these dumb scummy fucks are cutting it into heroin.
>>
No. 4965
35 kB, 600 × 450
>>4938
Of course he gained something: the ability to be proud about something
>>
No. 4968
>>4964
>These companies sent out "representatives" which is literally sending a lobbyist to individual doctors and practices to get them to prescribe their product, including perks like taking them out to fancy dinners and tickets to ski resorts and such. Think on that: America has an entire profession of drug company lobbyists for individual doctors and prescribers. It is just that corrupt.

They're not allowed to take you out to dinner anymore so now they just drop off takeout at my dad's practice

R8
>>
No. 4969
>>4964
>These companies sent out "representatives" which is literally sending a lobbyist to individual doctors and practices to get them to prescribe their product,

Same in Europe. It's how the pharma business works.
>>
No. 4970
54 kB, 500 × 329
>>
No. 4972
116 kB, 828 × 526
>>4964
That was a nice read.

Read about H problems in Zürich and how to solve them.
>>
No. 4973
>>4969
They tried to hire me for such a job. It was that close. Glad I found something to not be a parasite but help humanity a little.
>>
No. 4976
>>4973
Danke Schön für deine Hilfe
>>
No. 4981
42 kB, 500 × 339
>>4968
>r8
I still can't even tell if this was supposed to be a joke or not. You do realize that fronting as taxi cab or food delivery service is how heroin rings operated right?
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/on-call-drug-service-for-wall-streeters-gets-busted/
http://articles.chicagobreakingnews.com/2011-05-06/news/29518437_1_drug-ring-drug-conspiracy-cocaine-ring-bust

Using fast food delivery to drop off drugs probably also affords them a means of money laundering. I still cannot even tell if that was meant to be a joke or if "pharma reps" aka legal pushers are actually doing this now. It'd be funnier if they actually dropped off the free samples. Back in the day I actually knew someone whose parent worked at a doc's office and had a whole closet full of those little blister packs which are by far the most exciting single serving you'll get in this country outside of shot bottles on an airline. Literally "here the first sample is free" tier.
>>
No. 4986
>>4981
>I still can't even tell if this was supposed to be a joke or not.

No I meant exactly what I said. Every now and then pharma reps would drop off takeout from a local Italian restaurant at my dad's office. I know it was food and not a drug delivery scheme because I ate the food myself.
>>
No. 4994
>>4986
It was just funny because of aforementioned reasons. I was starting to imagine them slipping little sample packs of Zoloft and Ambien in there going "hey psst, and this one's for you aight?"
>>
No. 4997
>>4994
Fair enough. Either way I think you're probably right: pharma reps should not be able to lobby individual doctors. Same goes for reps of medical device corporations imo.
>>
No. 5041
>>4895
>One time, a dealer even came by grandpa's house to collect an owed debt.

I actually have an update to this courtesy from some people in the know. My cousin and one of her shithead friends went out to buy drugs from a dealer with no intent of paying him. After the dealer hands them the drugs, they speed off as he's trying to reach in and grab the money, injuring him in the process and swiping the side of the car with another vehicle.

The dealer must've told him to pay the debt and medical expenses or else.
>>
No. 5057
>>5041
That's honestly such an amazing level of shittiness I forget even such people exist, and I dwell on things like psychopaths of pedo rings and such. I mean, it is as if she didn't even bother wearing the mask of sanity. To be fair though I think that while it made it worse, a lot of people try and blame drugs. Or she knowingly probably tried to play the "I'm a victim" card from having a shitty life. But at the end of the day, it's actively choosing to be as shitty a person as possible. although my favorite story is still that guy who pawned his family dog to get heroin money
>>
No. 5062
387 kB, 500 × 682
305 kB, 604 × 610
>>5057
>Or she knowingly probably tried to play the "I'm a victim" card from having a shitty life. But at the end of the day, it's actively choosing to be as shitty a person as possible.

This pretty much nails it. We live in a culture that incentivizes victimhood, and she had a sufficiently wide network of people that would never once question her most egregious behaviors, let alone do anything to correct her. All that mattered to her was he insatiable need to live a life free of pain and strife. Everyone was either just a means to her ends or simply there to validate her existence. Grandpa happily did both.

Even if you excuse her addictions and the actual grief she caused others (several people claim she stole from them), she never cultivated a meaningful relationships with others that went beyond partying or sharing an experience. All she could muster is buying friends with grandpa's money.

What's particularly fascinating is going through my cousin's party pictures with her usual bevy of bitches. Almost all of them were having the time of their lives while she just stood there on the periphery concealing her despair with false joy. Deep down inside, she knew these people were nothing more than fair-weather friends who'd drop her the instant she became a liability.

>it is as if she didn't even bother wearing the mask of sanity.

We're dealing with a generation that believes that any given thing can't be real if it hasn't manifested anywhere on social media. It's easy to cultivate a likable persona on social networking sites and trick like-minded bydlo into believing you're a decent soul. On her Facebook page which I tracked periodically (I never friended her, thank God), she would constantly share insipid memes and sentimental platitudes pandering to the lowest common denominator whenever she was active. In all her constant cries for sympathy of wallowing in self-pity, she never once reflected on her own character.

Common Filth was right. The people are shit.
>>
No. 5063
>>4933
What a fucking mess of family, but such things were actually pretty common in the past. /pol/ keeps talking about how raising someone else's kid is being a "cuck", but the truth is that many families did this back then but that the adoptees were meant to be lower members of the family, kept outside of the core of the family, and used more for work, helping mother or father in their respective works. Your grandpa was probably a transition generation, on one hand he made it clear that your mother wasn't his blood (because that's probably how he learned it from older generations), but on the other he probably didn't use her for work.
>>
No. 5160
>>5062
Amazing nobody killed her
>>
No. 10783
You know what, there's actually a lot of interesting threads in teh catalogue
>>
No. 24286
>>5062
I wonder what happened to this ernst
>>
No. 24287
>>24286
I'm still here, boss. And everywhere.
>>
No. 24288
15 kB, 577 × 435
>>24287
> And everywhere.
For some reason I took it to mean other chans. If soprobably you didn't mean anything by it I wonder what are the others even like? It makes me wonder if there is even a single still habitable chan. 7 is pretty shit and also practically dead. KC is literally dead now. cripplechan is an actual nuthouse full of idiots and just terrible. 420 is probably shitposts iirc. 711 dead, also shit at any point in time. ylilauta is, well, ylilauta so pretty much enforced shitposting. k*hl is fucking terrible and majority aren't even bernds, also pedos apparently. Endchan is a bunker. bronnen is also a shithole. 99 is, sadly, dead, and one of the only ones I truly miss.

And then there's vierkanal. Out of sheer boredom I went there this steam sale and holy fucking shit dude, it is BAD. Like, I couldn't even imagine how bad it actually truly is. It's like the Matrix. I cannot express it in words. One has to be shown it to understand.

I wish there was like an online gentleman's club or something.
>>
No. 24290
>>24288
I was channeling Gary Golden, but yes, I do post on other chans, including nu-KC. The file limit is too good to pass up, especially if I just want to chill and make RAC or Identity Rock threads without drafting elaborate reviews.

To me, the good chans were 7chan, 711chan, 99chan and Old KC. All the others I could take or leave on a given day.

ylilauta radiated itself with an overdose of shitposting. It used to be fun, but now, it's a sad joke told at its own expense that's rarely used anymore. I think I still may have a thread over there posted over a year ago, but that's just speculation.

I don't bother with 420chan because the users over there are annoying. Also, I don't use drugs.

8ch is an insane asylum. The site was usable between 2014-2016, but but fell rapidly into ruin during the election year. /pol/ was overmoderated and even threads made in good faith were bumplocked for no apparent reason and deluged with screeching sage posts. Now that Feds are confirmed to have posted there, it's good I no longer waste time there.

Vierkanal is good for piracy, shitposting and little else apart from the boards that focus on a special field of study, skill or interest (/sci/, /ck/, /diy/, /p/, etc.). Occasionally, I'll find a decent thread on /his/ or /lit/, but that's about it. Culture boards are all abysmal, but /tv/ is fun to shitpost on. The traffic is also unrivaled, and you're likely to get a response quickly if you make a thread about any given topic.
>>
No. 24306
> how do you feel about the opioid crisis
This is because the market is regulated. You should remove the regulation and have the free market solve the problem.

But seriously how is it wrong? People who need at least 4 jobs to support themselves cannot afford to be away from work. So if you hurt your self on one of them because no regulations of working conditions or just that nobody cares, you need something strong to keep going. If anything they should legalize amphetamines too and start selling "Working mens supplements" so that you can keep going the entire day without rest. Ad some benzos too so you stop caring.

Capitalism ho!
>>
No. 24326
388 kB, 28 pages
>>24306
You say this ironically, but Portugal decriminalized all drugs in 2000-2001 (there are still punishments for a drug use such as fines, ban on travel, stopping of subsidies, etc—just no incarceration). There is lot a literature on the subject (both anti and pro drug use), so I do not know how effective it really was.
Perhaps Portugal Ernst can talk more about this.
>>
No. 24331
>>24288
Lainchain, arisuchan, sushigirl are ok, imo much better than this site

Imageboard culture is toxic, it's good that it's dying
>>
No. 24335
>>24331
I'd actually argue that reddit and social nets are at least as, if not more than, toxic as imageboards. I've gifted otherwise complete strangers games I met on KC and when I work more hours I'm probably going to end up gifting a few games to people late this month too. EC is a nice place. The toxic part is the cancer on 4chan, which really is just an extension of American culture particularly the type of retarded asshole who listens to Rush Limbaugh on the way to work every day.

Reddit is trash for different reasons. The bullying there is on some level more malignant to me because it relies entirely on some warped popularity contest, with YouTube being the worst example of that toxic narcissism. I fucming hate all the attention whores on there and original chan culture was an excellent counterbalance before the cancer killed it. Like, if someone on a chan tells me to kill myself I really dont give a shit. I've had people telling me this on and off for years. Sometimes it's funny and you know you've won when you get them to that point, hopefully with angry sages and all caps posts. The kind of bullying that actually mattered happens on like an NSA net like facebook.

The problem with chans isnt that they're shit; the real problem with chans is that they have become more like mainstream culture. Like 4chan at this point is basically just normieville for Republican voters. It's literally just been turned into the internet equivalent of listening to Rush Limbaugh and watching Fox news. I say the whole site because at this point basically all of 4kanker is pol more or less and the same can be said for most imageboards, and the problem is it is partly a result of every retard including children and old people shitposting online now. I know they like to pretend they are some persecuted minority, but basically pol is mainstream. All of their views are the views of the average Republican voter and it happened because the site itself got made mainstream by all the attention numerous raids brought from like 2007-2010.