/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

Currently at Radio Ernstiwan:

Animumusik by Yuno

M3U - XSPF

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 52263
79 kB, 617 × 385
66 kB, 690 × 477
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
Do you like (or liked) Lego, Ernst? I used to be a huge fan since 1994, when dad brought me my first set — 8818 Dune Buggy — from Germany, and up until 1999, when I bought my last set — 8204 Sky Flier. Then I started losing interest somewhat because of electronic entertainment like videogames becoming more popular, then Lego started to produce licensed themes like Star Wars which I've seen as betrayal and selling-out, and then Lego went into a direction which killed my interesting in it completely by introducing Bionicle, which didn't really fit either System or Technic (and I don't care what some people say, I still don't consider Bionicle a subtheme of Technic). So, I gave all my Lego to my cousin and for around twenty years I pretty much forgot about it. But a couple of months ago I went to my aunt's and found out that my cousin (who also got bored with Lego a couple of years after me) started getting back into Lego: he bought several new Technic sets (42093 Chevrolet Corvette, 42107 Ducati Panigale plus several smaller ones), and they impressed me quite a bit. Nostalgia hit me hard, and I started checking out new Lego myself out of curiosity. I found out that there are actually some new themes that are of interest to me, like Creator, Ideas and Architecture, and finally I gave in and bought this 31109 Pirate Ship.

So, Ernst, share your Lego stories if you have any, meanwhile I'll be building my ship and maybe post some photos. If this threda wouldn't be of interest to you, I'll just let it die and won't post about Lego anymore.
>>
No. 52264
I had many legos inherited from my siblings. I used manuals to rebuild old models, also got newer models that appeared during the ages I used to play with Lego. Usually I had just two big boxes of lego elements, and had to search for the manuals in a big heap of lego everytime I wanted to build something. Good times, good toy for kids.
>>
No. 52265 Kontra
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,4 MB, 3120 × 4160
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. A very thicc instruction.
  2. The skellington has been improved. The one I'm used to had those ball joints in his shoulders, and the arms were all dingly-dangly and eventually they just fell off. This one's arms are tight as hell.
  3. The instruction suggest putting the shark's eyes with concave part downward, but it looked too derpy to me, so I put them upside down. Now it looks like a dangerous (but still cute) carnivore.
>>52264
>Usually I had just two big boxes of lego elements
I had only one and not so big (it was the nineties in the ex-USSR, Lego was way too expensive for parents' then-current wages; still, my dad bought me new sets pretty often). I liked Lego mostly because I was able to build my own projects, so I just mixed all the parts. Sometimes I wanted to rebuild the official sets (especially my biggest one, 6915 Warp Wing Fighter), and looking for necessary parts was a difficult task in itself.
>>
No. 52266
11 kB, 600 × 400
5 kB, 350 × 350
Yes, I played with that as a kid. We build spaceships that actually could shoot - sadly up to now my biggest engineering accomplishment of my life. For that, we took a slim plate as base, then added a long row of 2x2 flat stones with smooth surface, so no connectors on top (blue). That row would server as the cannon pipe later. Right next to that row, we placed another flat row, but this time with connectors on top (green). On this row we placed a normal row of width 2 spherial bricks in a way that one row of the bricks would overlap a part of the flat row, so the flat row was now reduced to width 1 (red). From the other side of the row we just added normal bricks (also red), and on top of those bricks we would add another row of bricks, but placed those so that they covered the other row of our cannon shaft from the top (yellow). Now you have a single row hole with a smooth floor. Now you could put a single lego stone (1x1 width) flat in that hole and blow, and the air pressure would fire it out.

You could make several of those in a row and then fire multiple cannons at once, like a harmonica.
>>
No. 52268 Kontra
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
39 kB, 800 × 600
  1. What I like about the Creator theme is that the sets are made of lotsa small parts that can later be reused for your own creations. A regular ship from the Pirate theme would just have three huge wood-stylized pieces that you could only use to build another ship.
  2. Lotsa parts with different colors (brown, light brown, black, white, blue, yellow). I guess the purpose of that is that it's easier to see what goes where in the instruction.
>>52266
>We build spaceships that actually could shoot - sadly up to now my biggest engineering accomplishment of my life.
That reminds me of how I figured out how the prison wall in 6755 Sheriff's Lock-Up blows away. It bothered me for quite a while, and I wanted to build something like that myself (the set itself was too expensive to buy), but then I remembered that I have a spring from one of the Technic sets. So I made the spring mechanism in which a brick held the spring under tension and when a 2x1 tile pushed the brick to the side, the spring released and pushed the brick through the hole together with the outer wall. It worked perfectly and I was so proud of myself for figuring it out. :-DDDDDDD
>>
No. 52270
45 kB, 500 × 380
49 kB, 640 × 569
31 kB, 393 × 294
95 kB, 690 × 431
I mostly just played with bionicles & racers (those had really ebin pull-back motors), never got into building my own stuff that much. Though I had one of those large sets from which you could build a ton of different stuff (not sure what they were called). But I rather just took apart and rebuilt what I had :D

Never got back into Lego, though I recently started building some Gunpla to keep my restless hands occupied while watching/listening to lectures/podcasts.
>>
No. 52271 Kontra
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
Damn, it takes longer than I thought. I think I'll take a break and go make a dinner.

>>52270
>pull-back motors
Never liked pull-backs much, although back then they were among Technic sets (Racers came later) and rather than being a self-contained part you had to make the motor yourself with some gears and rubber thread. Modern pull-back motors are actually kinda cool, I think my cousin has one.

>I had one of those large sets from which you could build a ton of different stuff (not sure what they were called)
Freestyle, maybe?
>>
No. 52282
318 kB, 1627 × 1402
460 kB, 2325 × 1735
After I broke my right collarbone, I was forced to become left-handed for a while. My coordination was bad, ofc, and my sister bought me these Lego sets to practice. They're from the Star Wars: Microfighters series. I got pretty good using lefty, but after the sling came off those skills weren't needed and so they faded away.

>>52266
>>52268
Kinda jealous of your ingenuity for adding functionality to Legos. These Star Wars sets come with pre-made spring-loaded pieces, so they shoot bricks without my having to do anything.
>>
No. 52285 Kontra
1,8 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 3120 × 4160
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,3 MB, 3120 × 4160
  1. Love these latticed windows. Always wanted them when I was a kid, but I never got any. Now I got 'em.
  2. Mast is made of small Technic axles and is a bit thin for my taste. It also feels weak, it seems that one careless movement can break it. At least those ropes keep it steady somewhat.
  3. Sails are made of separate plates. It looks pretty weird, especially if you're familiar with cloth sails from Pirate theme sets, but I guess the point of these plates is to use them for alternative builds of this set (skull island and tavern).
  4. The figurehead. It's supposed to be a mermaid, I believe, with red parts being hair, yellow parts being skin, green parts being tail and blue parts being her bra à la Disney's Ariel.
>>52282
>Star Wars: Microfighters
Damn, Lego made a fuckton of Star Wars ships of all possible sizes. I guess these are among the smaller ones (the only ones that are smaller are from Advent Calendars, but those are, like, ten pieces each), are more play-oriented and aimed at children, while those fuckhuge UCS ships are exhibition-oriented. And, despite my dislike for Lego Star Wars (see OP post), I still wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those UCS sets, especially TIE Fighter or AT-AT.
>>
No. 52286 Kontra
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
So, the end result. I think it looks badass, and it's really big despite not being very expensive (compared to other Lego sets, at least).
>>
No. 52417
47 kB, 499 × 313
261 kB, 400 × 300
>>52286
Noice!

>>52271
>Freestyle, maybe?
Nope, found it, it was pic related
Not suprising that I picked up Gunpla later I guess :D
>>
No. 52426
>>52285
I don't know and don't care about disney-era stuff, but from before times almost all stuff was from the movies, I remember only very limited amount of EU
>>
No. 52427
262 kB, 560 × 380
25 kB, 400 × 304
>>52426
And EU stuff was most often most odd choise. Like "TIE Crawler" from one of dark empire background, and in one of TIE series one of models was automatic TIE Droid from world devastators, again, from dark empire. Like wtf, it is cute to have them, but what is the target audience for them? Why from all EU stuff that?
>>
No. 52428
510 kB, 1634 × 1410
481 kB, 2097 × 1800
147 kB, 800 × 732
972 kB, 2400 × 1044
>>52417
>4048
This is not unlike modern Creator sets, where all the set variants are thematically linked, and the set itself provides pieces that are best fit for building something in that theme too.

>>52427
>what is the target audience for them? Why from all EU stuff that?
The target audience are probably SW geeks, and they went into EU stuff probably because there was a "drought" of sorts of SW movies between Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens, but they had to support one of their most best-selling themes by designing new sets. Re-releasing old but populrar ships with different size and piece count for the n-th time would probably not go well with fans, so they decided to use some designs from EU. As for why those particular designs, maybe they just couldn't get the licenses for other stuff, I dunno?
>>
No. 52429
98 kB, 340 × 200
31 kB, 360 × 450
107 kB, 960 × 540
42 kB, 640 × 459
>>52428
Well dark empire never was popular among normies really. I always wanted lego kyle katarn's HWK-290 or Raven's Claw, now these are popular and known EU stuff, and super easy target for set but they never did it. Outrider is also easy target, all these sets might be done with character figures, perfect for lego adoption.
I think sets I mentioned was just random. They was around the time they did Force Unleashed game set and it was an actual PR.
Also I like this fan made lego Eclipse
>>
No. 52432
155 kB, 450 × 800
41 kB, 640 × 360
142 kB, 450 × 800
224 kB, 450 × 800
>>52429
Fourth ship looks more realistic and vivid than the computer models they use today. So: Why are scifi moviemakers so fucking idiots? That doesn't mean the can't use computers to ease things, but the base model should be ... a model. Look how gorgeous this is.
>>
No. 52434
>>52432
Damn, the amount of greebling is totally insane. The dude that made this must have an angelic patience.
>>
No. 52488
618 kB, 800 × 800
426 kB, 700 × 476
>>52432
You can make cool science fiction pictures with CGI. Just modern movie makes are has no taste and not artists. This ship is from comic actually. But back in the 90s a lot of EU stuff was actually backed by the help of ILM designers.

I like engines on this version, there a bunch of conflicting concepts of engines on this ship and this lego pro did the best ones.
>>
No. 52489
2,9 MB, 4032 × 3024
3,6 MB, 4032 × 3024
2,1 MB, 3840 × 2160
Not quite Lego, but I got reminded that I wanted to build this one for a while because of this thread, so I hope yall don't mind if I share my little friend here
>>
No. 52491
>>52489
Oh wow this is cool stuff!
I'd picked red one tho, not transperant
>>
No. 52492
1,1 MB, 1600 × 1200
>>52491
>I'd picked red one tho, not transperant
It's strange that there isn't one with its natural blackish red color. I wonder if it's possible to paint over the red one and get the proper look.
>>
No. 52493
>>52492
At this point you actually may buy alive one lol
>>
No. 52522
285 kB, 1024 × 768
171 kB, 1200 × 1200
228 kB, 1200 × 900
84 kB, 1280 × 800
>>52491
>I'd picked red one tho, not transperant
I like how the clear one looks more "abstract", but it also was the only colorway available when I ordered :D
Though I even might have gone with the blue one cause of the Pepsi Lobster meme

>>52492
>I wonder if it's possible to paint over the red one and get the proper look.
I found some pics of it being painted, probably with spray paint
>>
No. 53002
>>52266
thats amazing
>>
No. 53449
10,0 MB, 1920 × 1080, 0:11
99 kB, 690 × 487
106 kB, 690 × 486
Rebuilt my ship into one of its alternative builds: the Skull island. It's not as big and impressive as the ship, but it still looks cool and can do klatz-klatz. It is also a shout-out to classic Lego Pirates sets like 6279 Skull Island and 6264 Forbidden Cove.
>>
No. 53451
88 kB, 800 × 451
824 kB, 744 × 480
27 kB, 400 × 292
My legos are still in the closet in my old room at my mom's house. I haven't lived there permanently for 1.5 decades.

As a child, I loved lego.

My grandma still had all the legos from my father and uncle, and they were awesome because they had no specific parts and you coud build whatever you wanted. Of course, the only moving parts where wheels...

But you could build much more awesome cars with it than pictured. My brother and I experimented a lot, trying to built a cart that could go down the stair rails at our grandmother's. we never managed, it always fell apart at the second turn.

My dad gifted me blacktron and m-tron sets, which he build with me. While he did it, he was patient, let me work out the instructions, didn't push me, just helped me along a litte.

Thank you for this thread, OP. It gave me positive memories of my brother and my father. Most of the time, my father did not treat me all to well and used to put me down a lot. Grabbed me in the neck and shook me for running down the stairs, ridiculed me whenever I failed at something, got angry at me when I was bad at football when he tried to teach me, got angry at me when I didn't learn cycling fast enough, got angry at me when I walked past the screen when he watched football on the telly, got more angry at me when I tried to crawl below his line of sight as not block the view, got angry at me for being scared of hime, etc. I had to be in bed when he came home, because he was provoked into anger by my sheer presence. And boy, could he get angry. His whole body trembled, he yelled, he stomped, and he was 186cm tall and weighed 90kg, which means he was more than four times my weight, and he scared the everliving shit out of me.

He loved my younger brother over all, though, which made me jealous as fuck, and I beat the shit out of the little fucker whenever I got the chance. Used to beat his head on the floor. Maybe I was an asshole, but looking back, I had damn good reasons to be one.

From both of our parents, my sister and I always got the scraps our brother left over. Normally, it is the middle child that gets neglected. With our family, it was the two accidents that got neglected. To this day, when I visit my mom, it is "Hello X". When my sister comes to visit it's "Hello Y". When our brother comes to visit, it's "Hello my darling, I missed you, how are you!??!", hugs and kisses.

With my father, my role was supposed to be to shut the fuck up and be as silent, invisible, strong, grown-up, capable and manly as possible, which might be a little much to ask from a kindergartner. When I was 6, he tried to teach me chess. I was crap at it, and it was another dissapointment to have sired a loser at chess. A few months later, he died, which made me happy and sad at the same time.

Well, there are some positive memories of both my brother and my father. I don't know if that is good or bad. It feels like finding speckles of gold in a steaming pile of shit.

>>52266
I feel you. The lego stuff feels much smarter than everything I created after it. I think it's the limitations. With lego, you got to work with what you have got, and that makes it all the better when you manage to get something to work. No parts can be made to order. Well, they can for the guys who design the sets, obviously. Nowadays, there are seemingly no parts that are not set-specific.
>>
No. 53452
90 kB, 690 × 489
592 kB, 1234 × 1521
549 kB, 1726 × 1220
222 kB, 2292 × 1020
>>53451
Damn, dude, your childhood was fucked up. Kinda feel bad for making you remember it, but I guess facing your traumatic memories can be therapeutic in a way, and I'm glad if you were able to reconcile at least to some extent with your dad, even if posthumously.

>blacktron and m-tron
Old space sets were really nice. The subthemes that were releasing during my Lego childhood were Spyrius, Exploriens and UFO, but I saw some of the older subthemes in catalogues and I liked them all, especially Ice Planet 2002 — I liked the premise of exploring the frozen world, the aesthetics and the combination of white, blue and ORANGE TRANSPARENT colors. Nowadays the space niche is unfortunately occupied with Star Wars, but they do sometimes release interesting space-themed stuff, like the recent 31107 Space Rover Explorer (the minifigure even has the Lego Classic Space emblem on it, that's cute) which I'm probably going to buy sometimes.
>>
No. 53466
290 kB, 1300 × 1065
I had a lot of technics lego growing up and I got really really good at making super creative shit.

I once build a power fist thing out of it that fit over your hand, you would hold on to a bar in the middle of it and you could operate a pneumatic pump with your fingers that would open and close the fist, so you could pick things up with it.

I think I was about 11 or 12 when I built it, I remember my mom was super proud and showed it to everyone who called to the house, the thing is still in one piece today - in fact it's all I have left of my collection of lego, when I moved out of home at the age of 16 my mom gave all my lego away to a charity shop, dumped my moterbike I had left in her shed and had my dog put down.

In other words, typical boomer cunt who disposes of all things not useful to her
>>
No. 53467
24 kB, 480 × 466
perhaps that was too much personal info, but I'm still mad all these years later about losing my lego, having my motorbike dumped in a skip and my doggo Coco being put to sleep.

Especially considering I had a huge collection of lego that would probably be worth 1000s of euros today, and that I have my own kids now who would really love to play with it. I'm buying them lego sometimes now and that shit is super fucking expensive
>>
No. 53468
I had two Bionicles that I thought were cool but no other lego.
>>
No. 53470
>>53466
>I once build a power fist thing out of it that fit over your hand
That's cool, it reminds me of that dude who built himself a prosthetic arm out of Lego.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFymKqUwodY

>>53467
>I'm still mad all these years later about losing my lego
I sorta know that feel. I gave my old Lego to my cousin myself, but now I kinda regret it. He still kept it all though, as far as I know. Perhaps I should ask him if he still needs it and if not, I could take it back and build some of my old stuff. It would be very nostalgic.
>>
No. 53472
My mother harasses me to throw away my legos still but I will not because they were my only friends growing up because she wouldn't let me play in any team sports or join any bands
>>
No. 53474
23 kB, 480 × 360
>>53472
>My mother harasses me to throw away my legos
>because she wouldn't let me play in any team sports or join any bands
What the fuck is wrong with her, is she some sort of control freak? Every mom should be glad if her kid wants to join a sports club or play in a band. Wouldn't be surprised if the same type of mom that forbids stuff like that will complain some years laters that her son is sitting in front of the computer too much.
>>
No. 53666
>>53452
I don't blame you, we can't have trigger warnings for everything.

What I liked most about the bigger space sets is that they were modular. In 6981, the both cockpits at the sides detach and the small cars can be parked inside, and I still think that's so cool. It is so much fun to play with.

> the frozen world, the aesthetics and the combination of white, blue and ORANGE TRANSPARENT colors.
Oh, I was a sucker for neon transparent stuff, too. I loved blacktron transparent covers. M-Tron somehow always looked evil to me.
>>
No. 53670
86 kB, 690 × 492
125 kB, 920 × 690
>>53666
>Oh, I was a sucker for neon transparent stuff, too.
It's kinda funny that they started to make the most unusual parts in transparent colors later. Like in the small Aquazone set that I had not only the cockpit glass is transparent, but also the propeller and even the aquanaut's mask. I always wondered from what material that mask would be made in real life and what is the purpose of it being transparent. And the alien from my 6915 even had a transparent heda, which is even weirder. I gotta admit that it does look really cool though.
>>
No. 53735
75 kB, 720 × 934
>>53472
Honestly have you considered blowing her up with C4? That's incredibly evil behaviour. Kidding ofc / don't know your mom obviously and clearly she was also fucked up as a child / doesn't know what she's doing but I've also had a control freak mother for a while and it does so much damage, takes so much out of your life the regret in hindsight of letting that happen / wondering what else was lost really does you in. u gotta do something man
>>
No. 53742
>>53670
I really liked that alien helmet in the second pic, but I used a completely black head underneath because I thought it look cooler.
>>
No. 53781
138 kB, 497 × 690
It might be weird, but nowadays, this little house-set fascinates me much more than aliens and space ships. Imagine all the stories that could play out in the house!
  • A child gets sick, the doctor needs to come, the child gets well again.
  • The father's car breaks down and has to be towed. The house is burgled!
  • The police arrives to investigates footprints in the garden!
  • One of the trees grew to tall and has to be cut back.
  • A window is broken and needs to be replaced.
and this is just from the top of my head.

I cannot think of a single story to play out with aliens and space ships, except for flying through space, fighting and shooting, etc.

This is probably me getting old, because as a child, I loved the spaceships. But I loved them for their gimmicks and flashy colors, not for the stories that could be made up to inhabit them.

Maybe flashy tech-toys make the assburger.
>>
No. 53785
>>53781
But all your stories involve people and this is just an empty house and car, so they only way any of this could have happened was before the great neutron bomb attack.
>>
No. 53788 Kontra
>>53785
This is indeed a problem, and of course, the figurines have no chance of going through the doors or driving in the car. You can, of course, still use figurines from different cars and imagine they fit.

And please don't destroy my idyllic scenes, it's mean.
>>
No. 54922
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
I bought one again, Ernst. It's 21325 Medieval Blacksmith, and it's the biggest set that I ever had, and likely the biggest one that I will ever have (it was friggin expensive). As the last time I will be slowly building it while sharing some photos and impressions ITT.
>>
No. 54923
>>54922
I was amazed when I learned that legos are exactly the same price in Greece and Switzerland. And I already find legos really expensive here.
>>
No. 54925 Kontra
2,0 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,9 MB, 4160 × 3120
10,1 MB, 1280 × 720, 0:05
  1. Clemens Fiedler, the dude who came up with the concept of this set. He looks like someone who would be posting here or on the old KC. Are one of you Deutschers him?
  2. The medieval blacksmith himself, played by Zakk Wylde, apparently, and also a cute doggo of indeterminate breed.
  3. Dunno if it can be seen on the photo, but the vegetation is of three different colors. It took me some time to notice.
  4. Glowy block is glowing. Interesting way to imitate burning coals in the forge.
>>54923
It's probably even more expensive here than in Europe due to us not being a part of the EU and therefore having higher tariffs. I believe Lego sets are the cheapest in the US, because usually for a set with a recommended price of 100 euro the recommended price in the US is $100 for some reason, despite euro having a higher value than dollar.
>>
No. 54928 Kontra
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. Logs. Pretty cool that they are made of separate cylinders rather than being a single piece.
  2. So that vegetation was a pumpkin patch, huh. That is anachronistic, because usually the Medieval period ends with the Age of Discovery, and pumpkins were brought to Europe (the set is pretty obviously based on Western European architectural style) form the Americas. I guess it makes it a Renaissance Blacksmith rather than a Medieval one.
  3. Cool looking arming sword and great helm, both looking like they were made in XIII-XIV century. The blacksmith is all about that retro style, I guess, despite living in the early modern period.
  4. The first storey is complete. It includes forge and workshop with tools and other stuff, plus stairs on the side.
Gonna take a break and eat a dinner, then I will continue.
>>
No. 54935 Kontra
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. This tree was a real bitch to build. Not only I had to deal with lots of very thin and tiny parts, but I also had to assemble four identical branch joints. It does look nice, though.
  2. The second storey is a kitchen. I'm gonna be putting blacksmith's wife in here, despite that the instruction suggests that I should give her a bow and arrows and let her hone her archery skills. Down with SJW bullshit — medieval women are all about Kinder, Küche, Kirche.
  3. Stairs — another part that I really wanted as a kid but never had, just like latticed windows which I got with the ship. Too bad there's only one of it.
  4. The second storey completed and put upon the first. The walls are clearly supposed to be wattle and daub walls, which is a dead giveaway that this house is from Western Europe.
>>
No. 54942 Kontra
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,8 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. Sophisticated roof. I also like that the tiles look different to imitate discoloration and moss.
  2. The third storey is a cozy bedroom with a fireplace, a desk and a bear rug on the floor.
  3. Two knights, one of them is female, which is ahistorical. Oh well, since bodies are unisex, I can just replace the heda with one of the hedas from minifigures from the pirate ship. Also interesting that the knights have the Black Falcon emblem. Black Falcons were one of the first knight factions (appearing as early as 1984 together with Lion Knights) that Lego decided to implement instead of making generic boring knights. There is also a new medieval Creator set on the way which also features Black Falcons. I guess Lego really wants to capitalize on nostalgizing AFOLs. Eh, it's fine by me, as long as they keep making Castle sets.
  4. The whole thing finished. Awesome set, IMO, gorgeous looking overall and with a great attention to detail.
>>
No. 54952
>>54942
The amount of detail that his hidden inside the building is impressive, I remember my lego sets being far more rudimentary. Can't look at this threda for too long lest I actually buy a lego set.
>>
No. 54961
>>54952
Yep, loved the detail too. Well, it's to be expected of the expensive Ideas set, regular run-of-the-mill sets are usually much simpler (just look at the modern City sets, some of them are just sad, although admittedly they are still better than late 90's Town sets).
>>
No. 55086
29 kB, 858 × 572
Has Ernst already got his hands on the new 1x5 plates?
>>
No. 55103
33 kB, 400 × 300
>>55086
I only got a couple of these 1x5 Tecnic plates in brown. Makes me wonder why is Lego so averse to making long plates with odd stud number. The 1x3 plate was around since the nineties, and 1x5, 1x7 or 1x9 might be useful in some cases.
>>
No. 55112
940 kB, 2400 × 2400
>>55103
Only 3 2021 sets so far have them. But it implies that it wasn't just a one off thing and that they'll slowly start becoming common. I'm ok with no 1x7's, though they'd have their uses too, but 1x5 plates should have happened a long time ago.
>>
No. 55162
4,2 MB, 25 pages
I liked Legos when I was young. I had a thing for most of it. I think the most I liked the space stuff. It is a shame that it is now all Star Wars and no longer original work.

Also I liked Fabuland. I have my earliest memories of playing Legos with it. I do not get why they decided to end the series. It had such cute animals and it where compatible with regular sized Legos.
>>
No. 55168
78 kB, 144 × 208
>>55162
Ebin :-DDDDDDD
>>
No. 55170
1005 kB, 2400 × 2076
907 kB, 2400 × 2060
510 kB, 1920 × 1688
424 kB, 2370 × 1329
>>55162
>I think the most I liked the space stuff. It is a shame that it is now all Star Wars and no longer original work.
Well, although there is no separate space series, non-Star Wars space sets do sometimes come out as Creator sets. Yeah, they are small, but Lego did release a pretty big 31109 Pirate Ship and will soon release large 31120 Medieval Castle (which I'm waiting for; probably gonna get it for myself for my birthday in August), both of which reference classic 90's Lego themes, so we may hope that Space will eventually get a big set too. Also, I found out that Lego still sometimes did their own Space themes like Galaxy Squad or Space Police even after Star Wars theme's first release in 1999, and those themes were actually pretty interesting.

Oh, and besides Creator, there is a possibility that a Space set will be released in Ideas theme too, although it depends on whether the fans will submit nice concepts of Space sets there. We had absolutely absolutely awesome 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay and 21325 Medieval Blacksmith, which, again, fit classic themes really well, and I'm sure Lego wouldn't mind making an equally impressive Space set sometimes.
>>
No. 55175
>>53781
>>53781
>>53449
It is kind of fun to compare details and realize that there isn't very many new bricks.

>>53785
This wasn't a problem. Before the Lego men kids made due with what they had. One of my older cousins told me that they used to build the people with different kind of brick. The more you know.

>>55170
> Space Police
Why did I get reminded of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxJMjkcUjo&list=PLOMcYBAn3g8ri8uw6JQL2FRvctsBW8IIh
>>
No. 55278
609 kB, 519 × 800
358 kB, 1280 × 965
377 kB, 500 × 2649
532 kB, 1280 × 960
>>52263
I luv LEGO, Ernst! My fist set was probably 6541 the small sea port. (Funfact: I had PEBE-Blocks before) I had a lot of LEGO back then, including Ice Planet, Metroliner and pirate stuff.

I stopped collecting in late 1995 because I found another hobby. The Metroliner on the picture is the 2001 version because I lost a lot of parts from the original one.
>>
No. 55648
745 kB, 1600 × 1200
Growing up, my siblings and I had a lot of Legos, and they ended up being stored together in an old typewriter case. Believe it or not, my brother still has them all. I took this pic last week.

That case is both a reminder of good times, and bad. We obviously had fun playing, but the collection became a point of contention as we grew older. While individual sets were given to everybody- on birthdays, Christmas, etc- once they were gathered together ownership became sort of communal. That lasted for a time, but the majority of the pieces were my brother's, who was the youngest of four.

Over time, possession of the entire collection shifted to him. At that point, when he enjoyed the Legos more than anyone else, they became a tool used in our sibling rivalry. As we looked for leverage against each other, having something you liked was a weakness. And my brother loved these Legos. I recall there were fights that would end up centering on them, but not what the original fights were about. Probably nothing, just whatever it is kids choose to argue over. My mother routinely threatened to throw all the Legos away, and- to my immense shame- one time I called her bluff and threw the case in a dumpster. This moment was followed by the family diving into trash to retrieve them. Yeah, like I said, bad memories.

Anyway, there were plenty of good times too. I used to build giant spaceships, starting without a plan or any idea what the final assembly would look like. I just wanted to combine as many wing pieces together as I could. You can see a couple of them stuck together on top of the pile. Sorry for the poor picture quality. It was the first time I've seen these things in I don't know how long, and all I had was a crappy® cell phone.
>>
No. 55676
387 kB, 1250 × 1150
2,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
>>55278
>6541 the small sea port
Heh, I could only dream of a "small" set like that as a kid. It would probably cost my dad's monthly wage back in the nineties. And I never saw trains actually being sold in stores, possibly because no one would be able to afford them anyway. I personally never was a fan of trains but the collage picture in 1997 catalogue was top-tier, and I could just stare at it in fascination.

>>55648
>starting without a plan or any idea what the final assembly would look like
Yeah, that's how it went for me often, too. You want to build something, but you're not sure what, so you just go with whatever comes to mind, and the end result may end up being pretty surreal.

Meanwhile, I got my old legos from my cousin, and built some of them. Some parts are missing, some parts are broken, and some break right in my hands, but I still manage to complete most sets. I think I could order missing pieces from Bricklink someday.
>>
No. 55678
30 kB, 600 × 458
>>55676
I have also looked at this exact same image several times. I think my dad had a small lego train set, like a track, a station and a little hook claw platform. I never played with it since I was like 3 or 4, and therefore my dad feared I'd ruin his train. I've stared in awe at that exact same picture an decades ago.
>>
No. 55679 Kontra
63 kB, 517 × 322
>>55678
Fug yes, I remember a dial like this.
>>
No. 55695 Kontra
>>55679
The only thing I remember is that I didn't get one. Such was life.
>>
No. 56214
747 kB, 790 × 510
37 kB, 540 × 360
285 kB, 1234 × 864
68 kB, 484 × 690
The sets I didn't have, some other friend was guaranteed to have. I was feeling blue when my mom passed away so I started looking into toys my brother and I had when we were kids. Lincoln Logs, Erector Sets, Capsela, Spirograph, Lego. I remember accidentally slicing my finger open playing with my brother's toy microscope set then thinking I should put some blood on a slide to look at. They don't make stuff like that any more.
>>
No. 57575
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
Bought another one. It's a not very big, but pretty cool castle, and, as it's a Creator 3 in 1, there are also two alternative builds. Gonna build it slowly and post pics.
>>
No. 57576 Kontra
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
10,0 MB, 1920 × 1080, 0:10
  1. Dude with an old-school helmet. I always liked those helmets, but never had one.
  2. These corner bricks look appealing to me for some reason. Pyramid-like stuff just gives the feeling of sturdiness and stability.
  3. Yaaay, my first ever pink parts. Instantly reminds me of Paradisa sets, some of which I secretly wanted.
  4. Cool gate mechanism.
>>
No. 57577 Kontra
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. A female warrior again? I'm not even sure if a medieval woman would wear trousers, let alone serve as a guard. Westerners went full retard with that representation thing. I kinda half-expect a sub-Saharan African knight in one of the forthcoming sets.
  2. Interesting building technique to make thin windows. If expanded upon, it could probably be used to build even cross-shaped ones.
  3. The towers actually have machicolations, even if small ones. I'm impressed.
  4. The first part (the gate) complete.
>>
No. 57579
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
10,1 MB, 1920 × 1080, 0:09
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. This dude doesn't even look medieval. But at least I now have Luke Skywalker wig (yes, it's officially called "Luke Skywalker wig").
  2. Another interesting part. Might be useful for making mechs and stuff.
  3. The smithy. Naturally, isn't nearly as impressive as the one from Medieval Blacksmith, but at least it has a mechanism.
  4. The chair looks comfy.
>>
No. 57582 Kontra
2,0 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. The roof is much simpler than in Medieval Blacksmith, but the pieces it's made of are more useful than those flat tiles.
  2. The waterwheel's construction is weird, especially compared to the one in Pirate Ship. Perhaps these pieces will be used in alternative builds somehow.
3, 4. The second part (smithy and living room) complete.
>>
No. 57584 Kontra
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. Another variant of latticed windows, nice.
  2. Yessss, one more skellington. Soon my army of undead will be unstoppable.
  3. The side wall of the jail is designed to be breached easily. They really went for lots of different play scenarios for this set.
  4. A well which just stands separately from the rest of the build for some reason.
>>
No. 57587 Kontra
1,7 MB, 3120 × 4160
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,8 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. The third part (jail, grocer and watchtower) complete.
  2. "Who are you?" — "I'm you, but blockier". Seriously though, despite that animals and beasts in Creator sets have really elaborate builds, they look kinda ugly.
3, 4. The whole thing complete. It looks pretty simple, but still beautiful. Also, it will probably be popular with kids because of possible playing scenarios. A very good set.
>>
No. 57789
2,9 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
>>54922
>>57575
Wow, i got sames.

I find it somehow amazing that those minifigs in castle and blacksmith looks same. Both redhead blacksmith and 2 knights, greyhair one and gemale one.

I also find it amazing that green dragon look like red dragon here >>52428
>>
No. 57790
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
3,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
3,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
>>57579
> Luke Skywalker wig (yes, it's officially called "Luke Skywalker wig").
I got 3 lukes, modern one, got with x-wing set (75301), 1999 one, also with x-wing set (7140) and new one, copy of 1999 one, made for 20 lego sw anniversary (75258 set include it)
>>
No. 57792
>>57790
>1999 one
Fucking awesome. I got that for my 11th birthday.
At one point I could build it from memory.
>>
No. 57794
113 kB, 853 × 1280
>>57789
> Both redhead blacksmith and 2 knights, greyhair one and gemale one.
Dudes, you got a green dragon in castle, but got female dressed in green in smithy.

What if that female is dragon? #mindblown
>>
No. 57795
>>57789
>Wow, i got sames.
No wonder, these two sets are among the better ones this year. Medieval Blacksmith might even be the best one.

>I find it somehow amazing that those minifigs in castle and blacksmith looks same.
Well, not really same (hedas are different except the old dude) but similar. Although I believe the warriors in Medieval Blacksmith are supposed to be nobility (they have fancy great helms and pauldrons and stuff), while the ones in the castle are more likely commoners, like leveed peasants or yeomen. They're all Black Falcons, though, yeah, which is a bit disappointing: I kinda want to see dudes from other classic Castle factions, like Forestmen, Black Knights, Dragon Knights, Royal Knights, hell, maybe even Fright Knights. It's not that hard for Lego to do, IMO: they could just change the color scheme of sets and prints on minifigs and shields.

>I also find it amazing that green dragon look like red dragon here >>52428
Yeah, they probably just downsized the model slightly, threw out some of ball joints and changed the colors. Maybe the sets even share the same designer.

>>57790
I've got only Luke's wig, but no Luke :-DDDDDDD. I could somehow imitate Luke by putting it on a beardless heda and scifyish body, and that's the closest to the actual that I will probably get, since I don't think that I'll ever buy a Star Wars set.
>>
No. 57796
>>57794
There's a simpler explanation: maybe the dragon ate her.
>>
No. 57798
>>57796
Or maybe she is a frog who sits on well.
>>
No. 57799
>>57798
Nah, there is also a frog that sits on a tree near smithy. Although maybe the female really is the frog on the well, and the frog on the tree is a completely different frog that got eaten by the dragon instead.
>>
No. 57800
>>57799
People in blacksmith looks older.

I mean grayhair guard got much more gray hair and redhair dude got a beard.

That's the fact that ruins my teory that female in green was accused in withchery and became a skeleton in jail when those knights moved in castle.
>>
No. 58053
2,2 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,4 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,1 MB, 4624 × 2136
So, i bought 3 little sets.
1-2 Le box
3 insides (manual, 2 bags of brick, 1 basic 4+ car base)
>>
No. 58054
2,2 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
Doggie is cute :3
Car is very easy to accemble. Also due to having a solid 1 piece chunk its fucking solid and easy to repair.
>>
No. 58055
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
Jewlery stand is easy to crack, its placed on 2 studs.

Also i got the ultimate criminal here who will joke gaming jokes about american crime statistics.
>>
No. 58056
2,3 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,4 MB, 4624 × 2136
3,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
Next one is this bigfoot car.

And its generic as fuck. And it got no big solid chunks - its more fragile than that previous police car.
>>
No. 58057
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,1 MB, 4624 × 2136
Building it is kinda too easy, but as car for playing its good - easier to pull on desk/carpet than normal Lego.cars.
>>
No. 58058
2,3 MB, 4624 × 2136
3,2 MB, 4624 × 2136
Last but not least - little helicopter set.

Its also 4+ set with large solid chunk.
>>
No. 58059
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
1,9 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
1) i think lego earns shitload of monies making those giant parts. And its kinda stupid, but with them those legos are actually perfect action toys - easy to build/repair ones and quite solid, so it wont broke into pieces at start.

2) i love those 2x1 studless control panels.

2-3) wtf, lego, stop simplyfying shit.
>>
No. 58060
2,5 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,4 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
1,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
Helicopter is kinda kewl as toy.

Helis were always in huge/middle lego sets for $30-$50.l, in 2005-2015 they made several new city helicopers per year and made lots of ads with them

Here is dirtcheap one and its great.

1) Full set. Kinda kewl
2-3) helicopter backdor. Usefull for storing minifigs/acessories.
4) Or some ultramarine terminators. Kek.
>>
No. 58061
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,5 MB, 4624 × 2136
Also, those miniset cars and helicopter(I got no proper lego helicopter here to show) look literally cheap next to proper cars/helicopters.

But its good as street toys for little kids 4+ y/o, since proper lego will be stolen/losed/exchanged and here whole set cost like 2 icecream cones and got decent chance of surviving in kid hands.
>>
No. 58062
>>58060
Now it is time to join them all into one great abomination.
>>
No. 58063
2,5 MB, 4624 × 2136
And as huge pro about buying those is the fact that those sets dont have sticker, all colourful prints (brilliant logo on stall, monster truck engine cover, police signs on helicopter) are printed and wont be torned away or be sticked badly.
>>
No. 58064
2,3 MB, 4624 × 2136
>>58062
No nurgle plague or other sort of dirty mutants allowed here.
>>
No. 58065
2,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
Well, besides this one.
>>
No. 58094
>>58053
>>58054
>>58055
>>58056
>>58057
>>58058
>>58059
>>58060
Thinking of buying two-three small sets myself (Creator, City, maybe even Speed Champions). Probably get them in September, when I get moneys for vacation.

Those 4+ sets kinda piss me off. Does Lego company think that four-five years old kids are too dumb to build a 50+ pieces set? Those big pieces are really bad, because there's no fun in building the sets with them, and afterwards it's pretty hard to figure how to use them in MOCs. Speed Champions cars also have a big piece as the basis, but it's much more versatile.

>>58063
Sticker-free sets are always nice. It's fine if there are few stickers so you just could do without applying them, and the model would look fine, but sometimes they make some elements imitations with stickers when it would be much better to use normal pieces instead (like headlights, small decorations etc.), and it becomes shit.

>>58064
My cousin has this street sweeper. It's an example of a good small set, IMO, expecially compared to 4+ sets: lotsa different parts most of which are useful, looks good, and it even has a couple of Technic gears.
>>
No. 58380
I've known this track for some years, but I just came across a dedicated fan page that brought into connection the artists, that made music about an afro-futurist underwater world, with the lego underwater world sets. While there is more to the musical concept than the Lego. Their Aaquatic world sets of the 80s and 90s might have been inspiring to them in a way.

Anway, a track about Lego:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9qcpWaX9k
>>
No. 58883
886 kB, 939 × 1280
[funpost]
Yeah, i collect lego. Why?

[/funpost]
>>
No. 59148
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
I bought some hp lego. They're awesome.
>>
No. 59150
3,2 MB, 4624 × 2136
3,0 MB, 4624 × 2136
3,3 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,5 MB, 4624 × 2136
Also i bought some lego movie2 legos.

Of course i did it for Sweet Mayhem and banana dude.
>>
No. 59151
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,7 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,8 MB, 4624 × 2136
2,6 MB, 4624 × 2136
QT
>>
No. 59152
2,0 MB, 1200 × 1200
430 kB, 1000 × 563
424 kB, 1000 × 563
611 kB, 1000 × 563
>>
No. 59211
>>59148
Yeah, Harry Potter sets look great. I don't care much for Harry Potter (never read any books and never seen any movies), but these builds are impressive, like Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower. And that new set with the owl is super cool.

>>59152
Dunno, maybe I'm too used to regular Lego minifigures, but these Friends-type minifigures kinda weird me out. Still, way better than Belville ones, though.
>>
No. 59257
2,3 MB, 4624 × 2136
>>59211
> but these Friends-type minifigures
They're officially called minidolls, lul.
>>
No. 59260
1,8 MB, 4160 × 3120
>>59257
Makes sense, since they are girls-oriented. Also, would be kinda cool if they brought back Technic dudes.
>>
No. 59717
1,9 MB, 4160 × 3120
Instead of a big set I've got three smaller now — all of them are wheeled vehicles. Gonna start building from the one with fewest pieces.
>>
No. 59718 Kontra
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. Ugh. Not gonna apply them.
  2. Cute little buggy, looks good even without stickers. It has that skateboard-like wheel-turning system, but the turning radius is a bit small. Also, the wheel holders are somewhat unusual, so it would be hard to reuse them in MOCs.
  3. These new City vehicles are considerably bigger than the ones I'm used to. Like this SUV looks fatter than my 6445 Emergency Evac, despite that the latter is supposed to be hold a patient on a stretcher in the back. It's for the best, I think, these new cars look much better.
  4. The whole thing. A good set for a kid to play, I think.
>>
No. 59719 Kontra
1,6 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,4 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. That's what I'm talking about. No stickers or prints, all the decor is made with pieces. This is why Creator is superior.
  2. The build is actually quite interesting and unusual, and quite a lot of pieces are used in curious ways.
  3. Ooh, a V8. Now I can combine these cylinders and the ones from the buggy and get a V12.
  4. It sorta reminds me of Ford GT40 with its shape and finish. This set basically aims to look like a downscaled Creator Expert set. Also, to my surprise, it can actually fit a minifigure, although that dude will have major problems with his field of view.
>>
No. 59727 Kontra
1,3 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. Cute aylium.
  2. Prospector drone or something.
  3. Cozy. This space dude has everything in his rover: a bed, a sink with a faucet, a cup to drink tea from and even some plants (probably to experiment upon).
  4. Spinny thingy, yay. I always dreamt about it as a kid but never got one.
>>
No. 59729 Kontra
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,2 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
1,5 MB, 4160 × 3120
  1. A pretty good suspension for a non-Technic set.
  2. They used to print controls and screens on flat 1x2 tiles, now they use slanted ones instead. I always liked those little prints.
  3. Pretty rare wheels, as far as I know. I think they are better than ones they used in space sets in the nineties.
  4. Looks really good, I think. The detail is nice too and a lot of stuff can be opened up in order to put or remove things inside.