/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 53786
1,1 MB, 3000 × 3000
150 kB, 1080 × 1080
19 kB, 400 × 225
15 kB, 450 × 450
I really like the lego-thread >>52263. Maybe we can have a toy thread where we discuss toys of our childhood.

My own experience was very German, but I hope some guys can relate to it.

Schleich Figurines. The details and realism are lovely. There is not much you can do with them, except for playing farm. To me, they were boring as old hell.

I had lots of toy cars. Matchbox and Hotwheels were OK, but my favorite car was a Siku T3-Bus in Bauknecht-livery, like this one. Mine looked a lot more used up. Damn, I loved that bus! I wish I still had it.

Both my brother and our cousin had Darda-sets. We would take lap times with a stop watch and clean and oil the engines.

I also liked Baufix very much, a construction toy for younger kids. You could build with it whatever you wanted, and I spent many hours happily putting wooden screws through wooden nuts. I played with it even when I was much too old for it.

Thinking of all of this makes me want to be a child again, although a happier child than I was. The child I could have been, under better circumstances.

Ernst, what about you. Tell me about the toys you had or maybe you wish you had, what they meant to you back then and what they mean to you now
>>
No. 53787 Kontra
73 kB, 900 × 562
>>53786
Correction! I was wrong, I had a T2-bus!
>>
No. 53789
31 kB, 400 × 320
137 kB, 1200 × 900
20 kB, 400 × 300
129 kB, 960 × 960
Maybe later more but for now

>Matchbox, Hotwheels, Siku

He, yeah. Now I try to remember all the cars I had.

Googling Siku 90s puts lots and lots of things I had, basically for years I got them, Legos and Playmobil as well, but since I'm not the first born, these were already there in abundance.

Also the Matchbox world, how could I forgot that, I even made photos of my Hospital back then :DDDD
>>
No. 53881
1,7 MB, 4160 × 3120
58 kB, 640 × 480
27 kB, 720 × 540
62 kB, 900 × 442
>>53786
>Maybe we can have a toy thread where we discuss toys of our childhood.
Eh, you could just post in Lego threda, I doubt that either of these thredas will reach systemkontra anyway. Should any of them by some miracle reach systemkontra, we ought to make a new general one for toys, constructors, models etc. It was my mistake for making such a specialized threda.

>2nd pic
Is this a metal model? Metal toy cars are ebin as fuck. We had a lot of different Chinese-made ones, and I still have two of them: Dodge Viper RT10 (it's actually a 1/24 scale model; I think it looks great) and some fictional (I think) car from the thirties of XX century. I also had a really nice Lamborghini Countach, but I don't know where is it now. Countach had a pull-back motor, but I removed it, because it reduced the car's playability — you couldn't drive back properly.

I also remember tinier cars made of thin metal like tin or aluminium or something like that. They broke often after active playing, but they were kinda cute. I remember that I had one that looked like Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, and another kinda like a yellow enemy car from the NES game Road Fighter.

Speaking of metal, I loved those metal soldiers from Kinder Surprise. Most kids preferred those cute animals like leos and hippos, but I loved those badass-looking guys, and I also liked those little pedestals for them. I think I had the crossbowman and the drummer. My mom actually asked cashiers to weight Kinder Surprises in order to buy the heaviest one — heavier had better chances to have a soldier in them.

And I also remember little plastic monster figurines (my dad called them "страшидлики" — "scary dudes"). There were hundreds, if not thousands, different ones, born by sick and twisted Chinese imagination. I recall having a minotaur armed with sai, a weird bird-knight-robot, and another robot whose looks were totally incomprehensible, but who nonetheless still managed to be awesome.
>>
No. 53927
>>53881
Yeah, die-cast cars were ebin as fug. I remember I had a Corvette Stingray that was built a lot like that Viper, dunno what happened to it though.
>>
No. 53931
296 kB, 2000 × 1500
I still have this bad boy, the lone survivor of almost all JP toys of the first series. I had all people save for Nedrey and all of the smaller dinosaurs. For some reason I never got the Rex or Stegosaurus etc.
>>
No. 54263
227 kB, 1600 × 1113
165 kB, 1600 × 1200
337 kB, 800 × 600
>>53881
>Eh, you could just post in Lego threda, I doubt that either of these thredas will reach systemkontra anyway.
I thought about it, but I didn't want to derail.

>Is this a metal model?
Yes, it is. I can try to go looking for mine next weekend. Maybe it still exists. If it does, it's battered even worse. I think it actually was a freebee that came with my mom's washing machine

>but I loved those badass-looking guys
Those soldiers are awesome, I did not know that someone like this existed. They look like they are from the 19th century, not like something that came out of Kinder-eggs in the 1990s.
I remember that they had a similar series of westman-figurines, like Buffalo Bill. I got lucky and found one of those, but I don't remember which one. The poor guy was likely thrown away in the late 90s.

>My mom actually asked cashiers to weight Kinder Surprises in order to buy the heaviest one — heavier had better chances to have a soldier in them.
Best mom ever!

>And I also remember little plastic monster figurines (my dad called them "страшидлики" — "scary dudes").
Your dad was right. Those look scary indeed. A lot of creativity and detail went into them, agree to that.

>>53789
That Astra reminds me of my brother's VW-Passat-fleet. He had one in black, one in white, and one in ADAC-livery, like pictured. Both our father and our grandfather drove a Passat B3 at the time, that is why he liked them so much.
What I love about Siku is how German it all is. I mean, look at that truck you posted. It perfectly captures that early-to-mid-90s-Germany-feel. You could actually see this kind of truck with lettering like that in the street, pickung up glass containers.
Like you could actually see the VW-Microbus from >>53787 rolling through the streets in the mid 80s, delivering new washing machines, picking up broken ones for repairs. And while the real-world buses are all dead and gone, there are still a metric fuckton of the models around.
>>
No. 54265
15 kB, 400 × 229
>>54263
>and one in ADAC-livery

Had exactly the same one too, inhereted from siblings perhaps. I just looked it up because of the year and one still sealed sells for 22€! Funnily enough I also had a Mercedes 300 TE, my father had a S124 station wagon (T-Modell) at that time, dunno which, but also in black. And I completely forgot my three unimogs. Siki is indeed very German, it celebrates 100 years of existence this year btw. Just looked up the Wikipedia to find out what SIKU stands for (Sieper-Kunststoffe).

I had lots and lots of cars tbh. Bigger ones for birthdays or christmas and a car here and there when I went for the weekly shopping groceries with my parents, they usually droppped me by the toys aisle and picked me up later and every once in a while I got a Siku or Matchbox car.
>>
No. 54275
60 kB, 500 × 500
51 kB, 1080 × 1080
132 kB, 891 × 1000
256 kB, 1125 × 1500
I often got toys from the flea market as a kid.
It usually took place on saturday on a square in my city and my dad would take me there and I would perhaps get some toy.
I had quite a number of 80s he-man figures, the skeletors figures head was squishy and it tore off after some time playing with it, afterwards it was used to represent headless golem henchmen in my fantasy.
That prison landscape had a snake shape glove which one cood wear, to pretend to be the snake monster coming through the hole.

I really liked the crocodile headed guy of dino riders. I had no knowledge about the tv series so I just made up stuff myself. I also had the raptor, funnily its tail broke of at the same place as in this picture I found only.
>>
No. 54277 Kontra
25 kB, 300 × 297
>>54275
>I had no knowledge about the tv series so I just made up stuff myself.

Interesting, I had figures from siblings (Biker Mice from Mars) and did the same (though I was already walking the earth when the TV series first aired). Also the flea market toys is an experience also engrained into my memory. Think of all the cool old Playmobil that I passed.
>>
No. 54278
15,0 MB, 9248 × 6936
15,5 MB, 9248 × 6936
My old long forgotten soviet toy cars, all in dust
>>
No. 54313
>>54275
I really need to keep my stuff in a safe place because I don't trust the ineptitudes of my family. I dount I have the original packaging anymore but I had plenty of Star Wars stuff as a kid some of which is probably worth something by now to nostalgic adults with disposable income. Ah fuck my magic cards. Fuck. I wonder if they got ruined in storage.
>>
No. 54328
>>54313
Sadly my family moved quite a number of times, so none of those toys survived. The only thing which still remains in my parents basement is a big wooden box full of lego.
>>
No. 54376
>>54278
There is an awesome amount of detail on those models. Lights, bumpers, mirrors even windshield-wipers.
>>
No. 54413
35 kB, 398 × 409
>>53786
Yeah.

I just bought some Schleich Farm World toys today for myself, thanks for telling me about them.
>>
No. 54563
87 kB, 1024 × 550
Anybody remember these things? I haven't thought about it in 20 years
>>
No. 54564
>>54563
I remember the advertisement for them.
Never had them though.