/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

Currently at Radio Ernstiwan:


Hail Odin! by Christenklatscher666

M3U - XSPF


File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 5452
127 kB, 1500 × 960
What websites does Ernst frequent other than EC?

I used to spend a lot of time on different topic related internet forums and websites but then i got a slave to chans somewhere around 2006 or 2007 and i left the other internet behind.

Nowadays are Nu-EC, Youtube, Wikipedia and, as a guilty pleasure of mine, Reddit the only sites i regularely visit (next to some porn sites)

I have no idea where the hate for Reddit comes from by the way, if you ignore the comments underneath the content there are some pretty fun subreddits.
>>
No. 5453
I only go to magyarchan's /i/nternational for an/i/memes.
Otherwise not much. Built myself the little niche everyone builds on YT, and I still go to 4kanker's /lit/ because it's a habit.
>>
No. 5454
1,1 MB, 995 × 1348
129 kB, 281 × 591
I often visit Ukrainian news sites, Twitter of various economists, politicians and the Ukrainian page on World Bank web-site. I'm quite WORRIED about our abysmal economy, and I constantly read the news in the hope that at least something will change. I'm afraid that in the next 20 years we will not achieve even Russian (!) quality of life.

I frequently visited phaleristics related forums but it became painful to read about things that you can't buy. Once I saw the sale of the extremely rare Iron Cross of the Ukrainian People's Republic (made in 1920, there are only 3 000 copies, and I think most of them were lost because it's much harder to find them than others awards with a similar number of copies) for $20 000, and it broke me.
>>
No. 5455
>>5452
The main reddit "culture" is terrible.
However, as with most websites of that kind, you will have subcommunities (subreddits) created around a niche that offer a very different atmosphere from the overall culture and will generally be much better for discussion. These sub-communities tend to
mention or discuss the broader culture of the website lass often, opting instead for jokes/references/colloquialisms based off the given niche.
Example: /r/LetsTalkMusic/

As any sub-community around a niche gets larger, it tends to degrade and lose its original charm.
>>
No. 5456
>>5455.
And as for me, I frequent 8ch.net/late/ (I used to browse /k/ but stopped a while ago) and youtube.com. Also, I use http://www.brainwashed.com/.

On YouTube I follow a variety of channel genres/niches including linux, programming, camping/survival (channels like ranger mike are good but he stopped being a park ranger ~3 years ago), philosophy (gregory b. sadler, political philosphy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-2rr91vVvIpAFq--8r7XNA).
>>
No. 5457
>>5455
Honestly it's less terrible than most imageboards. Also unlike imageboards reddit is actually helpful and higher IQ. Whenever I'm looking up certain things I often find links back to reddit. The only reason I still don't bother with the site is because there's just too many subs without a central hub and I got too used to that and faster paced with things like KC. It is seriously noticeable how incredibly low quality english speaking boards are. I think the other thing is it's mostly from poltards who constantly need some kind of enemy and reddit in general is more left leaning than the general suburbanite faggots LARPing as trailer trash you get on nu4chan, which the funniest thing is a ton of the people bitching about reddit on chans are in fact faggots from reddit.

>>5452
KC has rotted my brain and I'm glad to be rid of it. I often find myself realizing idk where to go, so I just check links I see sometimes. What I need to do is get more scientific magazine subscriptions. And then there's always wikis, like tvtropes for just goofing off on nothing important.
>>
No. 5460
-slatestarcodex
-Hacker News
-lobste.rs
-StackExchange
-small subreddits
>>
No. 5463
>>5455
Basically this. Reddit as a community is awful, and the layout of the site itself is awful too, but the idea that people can create any kind of community is one of the best in the history of the Internet IMO, and reddit made it really easy to do it. Nowadays I only visit r/mapporn, once per day.
>>
No. 5470
I visit 4chan /n/ and /g/ sometimes.
I don't visit reddit much because the layout and the need to register are pissiing me off.
Other than that I visit mainstream media sites and if I find topics worthy of my attention I check for additional info on wiki and other sites that deal with the subject. I don't followe any youtube channels anymore.
>>
No. 5472
Since people here seem to not have such a big problem with reddit, what are your favorite subreddits?
I mostly visit reddit for entertaining videos and pictures and esport news.

I recommend for dumb but slightly entertaining stuff to waste a few minutes:

/r/CrappyDesign
/r/IdiotsFightingThings
/r/tombstoning
/r/TLMIG/ (the only one that i would consider small)

I'm sure there are others that offer actual value but the crappy design of the site was always in the way of actually looking trough all the stuff.
>>
No. 5473
95 kB, 2048 × 1077
i somehow stopped using reddit. recent changes made the site worse and worse…

if you do not like the layout, try RES (reddit enhancement suite) with dark theme + a nice AdBlocker (uBlock Origin for the lazy or uMatrix)

RTV (reddit terminal viewer) is nice as well.

and ya… you need to find some nice, small subcommunities within reddit, else the site is shit.

other sites i like to frequent:
sci-hub
d.tube
a wide range of blogs and news site
>>
No. 5476
>>5472
r/philofphysics
r/netsec
r/nootropics
r/drugnerds
r/researchchemicals
r/ChadRight
r/milliondollarextreme
r/billionshekelsupreme

(last 3 are /pol/-tier, I still enjoy them)
>>
No. 5478
You need to join a forum, actually join a couple communities that aren't full of filth
>>
No. 5480
>>5478
I visited some of the forums i used to spend time on years ago but all of them turned into shit.
>>
No. 5483
Youtube and twitch. I hate your typical internet forum that uses FUDforum/phpBB/whatever clumsy software. Occasionally I visited ZDoom to check out if there's any new wads but even that brief visit is enough to make me angry about how bad the UI of your typical internet forum is. A simple textboard would be 100 times better but instead everyone uses some cancer software to run their forums.

Oh and reddit looks like cancer as well and somehow they managed to make it even worse recently by "updating" it. Sure it's fine if you're just looking for information but I've never visited a subreddit that isn't full of retarded redditors. Like, if you go to some video game subreddit and someone makes a thread about a certain well known player who they think is cheating or whatever, then the accused player posts in the subreddit and gives is own point of view. Then what do the reddit hivemind do? They downvote his post because they don't like him to the point that the retarded reddit software autohides his comment. What the fuck? That comment should be upvoted to the top so that everyone can read his point of view whether they dislike him or not but of course that never happens because reddit as a format encourages the worst type of herd mentality that makes absolutely everyone who's using that site look like retarded cattle. I hope this is the reason why other people hate reddit too because it really deserves the hatred it receives. It's a horrible, horrible website.
>>
No. 5485
>>5483
Do you really expect adult behaviour on a video game forum?
>>
No. 5487
>>5485
Well when a game is old enough and the average age is closer to 30 than 20 I kind of do. Especially when all the trashtalking and "toxic" behaviour is happening elsewhere and the people who think they're better than that moderates the subreddit. But that video game example was just the first example that came to my mind. Subject is pretty irrelevant in case of reddit since it's the same on most subreddits I've visited.

From my expenrience reddit just seem to attract people who dislike anything negative. You know those kind of negative truths that nobody wants to say but someone has to say often get downvoted and only the happy yes-man positive hugbox comments bubble up to the top. The whole atmosphere just screams dishonesty to me. I don't like it.
>>
No. 5488
I think reddit is a good demonstration on the flaws of absolute democracy.
>>
No. 5489
>>5487
>The whole atmosphere just screams dishonesty to me.
As if EC any different.
>>
No. 5493
>>5489
It is. By dishonesty I meant the community-sensorship that hides all the negativity while highlights all the edgeless feel-good comments. It's especially bad when you have an online video game, for example, that is constantly balanced by the developers and then they use reddit as a source of community criticism but because reddit is reddit only the positive "yes this is a good change nice" comments goes to the top while the bitchy "this is a stupid idea" comments just get downvoted and people even consider them as "trolls" or whatever simply because they have a negative attitude. It just feels like the whole place is full of yes-men. Imageboards are almost like the opposite of that with all the contrarians who hate everything and say it out loud. Sure it has its downsides but I prefer it over the reddit atmosphere.

And I don't even have a reddit account so I don't ever post or upvote/downvote any comments so it's not like I'm just mad that my own comments get downvoted since I don't even take part in the whole ordeal.

People call imageboards and some "gamer communities" toxic because people get openly mad at something and use insults. Sure it can be annoying to some but in my opinion that's just a good thing since you always know what other people think. They call you a faggot so you know they don't like you. I kind of find that honest. In a more polite place you never know what other people truly think of you or anything else because they hold back out of politeness. But even politeness is not a bad thing. It's just that in case of reddit it all gets amplified by the voting system and that somehow the whole website feel to me like those jehova withness people who have that permanent smiling grin on their face as if they were high on religion or something. It's just weird and dishonest.
>>
No. 5505
>>5487
>30 yo boomer talking about manners
KYS, you no-lifer permavirgin.
>>
No. 5508
Not much nothing.
Beside the board where I post daily I blink in the other KC related sites. Other than this I watch outdoor and crafting related videos on youtube. Other sites I visit for a few days for a few minutes then I close them and done, rarely return. My browsing consists mostly: "what's this?" "how to do that?" "what's that?" "how to do this?". I'm interested in - for example - creating things even if I won't make them ever. Sometimes my irl conversations go like that as well. The other day I questioned one of my best buddy how his family processes the pig when they cut one.

On reddit: when I search something sometimes reddit is among the hits with some info. I think it's only among my vidya or IT related searches tho. From what I see I would never ever consider to register there and comment on anything. I usually don't see anything that bothers me it just so alien.
>>
No. 5510
>>5472
The one and only nice thing about the subreddit system is that while it makes actually navigating the site completely impossible it does however provide very rich, detailed niche ones. I for example whenever having a vidya question always find that there is an entire subreddit dedicted to just that one computer game. It's also very much like that with anything psychoactive, music etc.

>>5483
To be fair though, at least redditors don't actually organize IRL harassment or gangstalking if you piss them off. It doesn't actually feel dangerous to post a controversial opinion without a proxy there. Retards on imageboards are way dumber, way more cancerous, way more groupthinky and hostile, and actually will fuck with you IRL. The worst example of this is probably 8 atm.
> Sure it's fine if you're just looking for information but I've never visited a subreddit that isn't full of retarded redditors.
Try going to /v/. I cannot even physically explain how bad it is.
>encourages the worst type of herd mentality
Again look at a shithole like /v/. Literally the only thing that really makes IBs different is the massive edginess and contrarianism mixed with anonymity where people post inflammatory or stupid remarks for no other reason than to piss people off or derail a thread. I think the upvote system is pretty terrible but the thing is, on a chan if somebody posts something that is actually right the thread dies, because it's not controversial and everyone agrees on it. Meanwhile disputable or blatantly wrong information stays at the top constantly as people keep bumping it.

In terms of retarded herd mentality honestly poltards are among the worst and they shit up every other board and go out of their way to try and find any kind of trick they can to silence dissent and discussion, since they're the one board on some kind of cancerous shitposting mission so it isn't just trolling or being stupid but going out of their way to try and subvert every other board turning it into another echochamber clone.

I think the main difference is redditors are annoying, smarmy, passive aggressive faggots, whereas imageboarders particularly poltards are just openly aggressive and hostile morons, but at least redditors are sometimes actually helpful.

>>5493
>"yes this is a good change nice" comments goes to the top while the bitchy "this is a stupid idea" comments just get downvoted and people even consider them as "trolls" or whatever simply because they have a negative attitude.
Actually this might explain what I keep seeing on steam. hmmmm

>It's just weird and dishonest.
Both sites are full of manipulative assholes. You just like our manipulative dishonest assholes more. And I know what you mean, which is especially noticeable in an argument where they do that whole smiling while trying to stab you in the back thing. So in that regard the residents are a pretty good reminder of why I hate common humanity with such passion. But I still think our shitholes are indeed shitholes.

As for the "trolls" thing it's very conspicuous and imma try to figure that one out, because I have noticed this really bizarre thing like 1 in 10 or more people on steam do where whenever you disagree with them and call them an idiot they just say you're a "troll" or talk about "bait" completely misusing the word and trying to hide behind it rather than face any kind of valid criticism.
>>
No. 5511
>>5489
Oh no, we will still tell you you're a fucking retarded piece of shit here do not mistake this. We just would mostly rather a return to the comfiness and pure love that used to be KC like 8 years ago or something.
>>
No. 5513
>>5493
Despite there being no voting system on here, it's obvious that users have to censor themselves to fit in just like Redditors do. And I don't just mean not shitposting- I mean the sort of half-arsed platitudes you see parroted every day in the blog threads.

>i have schizophrenia, depression, anxiety and I'm a suicidal alcoholic
>we've all been there bro, now listen to how bad my day was

This site hardly behaves like a chan, conversation is much too awkward.
>>
No. 5538
1,9 MB, 960 × 528, 0:30
>>5513
> conversation is much too awkward.
people here are much too awkward, honestly.
me like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw (i fink u freeky)
>>
No. 5563
>>5513
As I check this board occasionally I see something I would comment on with some mildly funny silliness just for the fun of it. Then I think otherwise because I feel then I should compensate that comment with something with more weight to it but I really don't want to get involved in serious discussion on other chans.
>>
No. 5570
19,5 MB, 640 × 360, 4:12
>>5493

I know how to make a good place, for example if you don't have a black belt yet you shouldn't talk. Sit and lurk, this board is for grand masters only.
>>
No. 5586
71 kB, 640 × 480
>>5570
>grand master
>not even of a lodge
>probably doesn't even own a matching set of d4/d6/d10/d20
>my feet hurt
>this guy doesn't even have a dungeon master screen
>he probably doesn't even know en passant
>why would you learn karate for anything but philosophy
and so on
>>
No. 5591
240 kB, 480 × 360, 0:06
>>
No. 5683
92 kB, 811 × 487
>>5510
>I think the main difference is redditors are annoying, smarmy, passive aggressive faggots, whereas imageboarders particularly poltards are just openly aggressive and hostile morons, but at least redditors are sometimes actually helpful.
Fully agree.

I also want to add that imageboards favor impulsive, over the top emotional reactions instead of an actual honest or fair notion. Responding to someone "how about no, stfu faggot whats wrong with you, you fucking imbecile lol kys" in an argument is not honest. It serves the prevailing demand for entertainment (drama), cheap emotional release or low-effort attempts to feel superior and powerful, but is as honest as desperately shouting "I AM BETTER THAN YOU" at someone during a conversation.
Talking online anonymously without any fear of social consequences allows you to inflate your impulsiveness and limit your reason, basically the kind of behaviour as a drunkard yelling at people on the street. It's fun to do but i wouldn't go there to gain insight or have a serious discussion™.
>>
No. 6531
plato.stanford.edu
iep.utm.edu
philpapers
>>
No. 7267
https://paperkast.com/ - new link-aggregator exclusively for academic papers, seems promising
>>
No. 7270 Kontra
>>7267
looks meh. maybe when you just want to browse some random articles

You better stick to your local universities search engine and then sci-hub/lib.gen them if they aint free
>>
No. 7274
>>7270
But that doesn't include being able to discuss the papers with other people
>>
No. 7281
>>7274
I have overlooked that. But most have no comments anyway so far.

I could imagine a special reddit might be likely fruitful in discussions.
>>
No. 7285
>>7267
I feel like google scholar and researchgate do a better job
>>
No. 7531
69 kB, 800 × 600
>>
No. 7532
>>7531
Top football performance is right exactly between 14-20. Even pro teams sometimes lose to teenagers, especially from second-third leagues. Also small teens have several additional tactic possibilities. Good coach can smash pro teams even with kids, cause pros are afraid to harm them.
>>
No. 7534
>>7532
Imblying that women could stand any chance against the top men's team. Gender segregation in sports exists for a reason. Although I wonder if they had mixed tournaments in chess, checkers, shogi or go, and how well would women fare in them. They should be alright, since these games don't require any physical strength.
>>
No. 7535
>>7532
Those women who got beat by small teenagers would hardly do better against grown men

The Norway 16yo who signed for Real Madrid was like 160cm, now 3 years later he's about 178cm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_%C3%98degaard
>>
No. 7537
>>7534
Since women don't have a mind for strategy I'd assume they would get rekt.
>>
No. 7539
456 kB, 3596 × 1132
>>7537
>women don't have a mind for strategy
>browses imageboards
a literal quarantine of sub-par men who get rekt playing kid's games while the grown ups make moves and marry.
>>
No. 7540
>>7537
I used to train in a chess club for a year or two when I was in middle school. We had a couple of girls there, and one of them actually was the third best player in our club (there were about twenty or thirty kids of different ages in the club back then).

Still, I looked it up and it turns out that the World Chess Championship allows participants of both genders. It's just that women themselves don't want to play against men and have their own separate one.
>>
No. 7574
>>7540
Well, the reason is, to support more women to yet participate in another sport.

But it will take a long time and a lot of exception that a woman will tackle a match against a high elo play like Magnus Carlsen, or let it be Bobby Fischer.

Nobody knows why, i'm sure it's because women don't WANT to be competitive or something :^)
>>
No. 7582
>>7574
>i'm sure it's because women don't WANT to be competitive
But it's don't
>>
No. 7583
>>7582
I think they're just wired differently. Women seem to vastly prefer things like RPGs, and they indeed usually seem to be pretty fucking terrible at everything. It's probably also where the "women are dumb" stereotype came from because they're thinking differently and maybe have different priorities. This is also why I am adamantly opposed to having women having anything to do with military planning and immigration policy.
>>
No. 7584
>>7583
Women have a smaller brains and their periods attract bears.
That's just science.
>>
No. 7586
>>7583
Your different translates to not performant, which translates to dumb in a nice way.
>>
No. 7588
>>7586
>you're
And not really. It is generally accepted that women have way higher emotional intelligence than men, for example. Or to put it in these idiotic terms, if you stat dump to make a rogue who sucks at combat it doesn't mean they're not also going to be very good at something else, and likewise while they may be very, very good at lock picking they still can't cast a spell. It is that sort of thing. Women just seem on average to be processing things in a different manner. It's also what gives men the reputation for being so fucking stupid when it comes to certain things because generally speaking we're using different forms of logic and reasoning with a task, which is more likely to translate into us being incompetent with peoples' emotions.
>>
No. 7589
>>7588
emotional intelligence doesnt mean you become more emotional, it means you are more aware about it. and I've yet to see there is a scientific study proves what you say.
>>
No. 7592
>>7588
>It is generally accepted that women have way higher emotional intelligence than men (read: they manipulate emotions a lot better than men)
ftfy
>>
No. 7596 Kontra
>>7589
Oh also I'm aware of that and not sure where you got the "more emotional" thing from, which had nothing to do with what I said. If anything I've noticed men are at least as prone to being overly emotional and throwing tantrums.
>>
No. 7621
11,8 MB, 711 × 400, 13:11
>>
No. 7622
http://www.hermetics.org/

quality as fuck.
>>
No. 7655
>>7621
I managed to get exactly halfway through this before turning it off. He would do himself a massive service by not "dog whistling" or "virtue signalling" or whatever term you wish to use for a shrill ideologue who's not actually up for debate but only there to smear some partisan agenda shit all over the walls. It should be noted, that he tries the annoying routine of appearing scientific and impartial, while at minimum his presentation is the opposite of that and moreover does not utilize many facts in some instances simply making them up (his fake standard deviation curve for example).

None of which disputes anything I said and in fact he cherry picked two of the lowest hanging fruits to base his argument on, as it's not disputed by anyone that women are on average shorter, weaker, and particularly have lower upper body strength. StarCraft is likewise one of the lowest virtual examples to use, although I would say SC and chess also are only passingly similar as they actually utilize two very different things (RTS in general tends to be more reactive and use some similar skills as an FPS as opposed to the kind of long term strategizing and visualization chess employs).
>>
No. 7659
23 kB, 371 × 351
>>7655
>None of which disputes anything I said and in fact he cherry picked two of the lowest hanging fruits to base his argument on
So what do you think was his argument then?
>>
No. 7661
>>7659
I don't know because I didn't even bother watching the rest of it.
>>
No. 7667
4-ch.net/dqn/
>>
No. 7668
cdc.gov for Emerging Infectious Diseases and Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report

plos.org for plos neglected tropical diseases
>>
No. 7671
>>7661
watch 11:30->
>>
No. 7768 Kontra
What's up with all the OT ITT above me?
>>
No. 8000
Posting good youtube channels (which is quite hard to find)

USHANKA SHOW
5,709 subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClXTAMdHwvWdmFyOlQmEtpQ/videos
>>
No. 8371
548 kB, 1000 × 667
Do you know of any good "story time" internet shows that can be watched on a nightly basis for example while you eat dinner or exercise, or audio-only shows that can be downloaded on mp3 to enjoy while commuting?

USHANKA SHOW (LIFE IN USSR 83. Comrade Stalin) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou9kcj0zPAI
>>
No. 8763
>>
No. 8783
>>8371
I've been listening to the Encyclopedia Hermetica podcast on ancient history fow a while now, IMO it's the right mix of information and entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNnqqvK2yDEGjSgvvMMsoCOui_uRBo8-2
>>
No. 8785
>>8783
But American new agers are extremely cringe.
>>
No. 8802
>>8783
This looks like a good one, thanks. The suggestions on the YouTube sidebar are all the type of stuff I've watched so I'm surprised I hadn't come across this sooner.
>>
No. 8915
>>8763
This looks so incredibly self absorbed and retarded why did you bother with this for a bump

>>8785
They are but that's not what this looks like
>>
No. 8945
wizchan
>>
No. 8962
59 kB, 250 × 300
>>
No. 8994 Kontra
107 kB, 435 × 592
>>
No. 9027
>>8994
Why are all these alternative wikipedias so unapologetically shitty?

I read through rationalwiki some time ago, and it's just a massive fedora tipping new-atheist sam harris worshipping circlejerk.

Their articles on philosophy made me cringe hard.
>>
No. 9031
31 kB, 600 × 382
>>9027
It wouldn't be alternative if it would make sense.
>>
No. 9036
>>9027
Because it's literally just a haven for the most cringey agenda driven faggots who are upset that reality does not conform to their views. So instead they got butthurt and created their own where they can circlejerk and pretend facts don't contradict them all they want, or where diverging opinions are not held. Notably it is American right wing that does this the absolute most including here http://www.creationwiki.org/Main_Page which is likely a huge cross section with conservapedia and the retarded wiki he's pushing, but as you can see no one is exempt including the supposedly "factual" fedora tippers. Notably the only funny wikis were uncyclopedia which was kind of lame and encyclopediadramatica but that one is increasingly plagued by these same incredibly unfunny alt retards.

There are of course still some very good non-ideology trash wikis though, like this one for example
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
also I like reading through the TVTropes and WH40K wikis.
>>
No. 9038
>>9036
UESP wiki is also quite a nice read.
>>
No. 9039
149 kB, 846 × 563
>>9036
Oh and also the White Wolf wiki
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
For some strange reason I can't find it right now (not that it'd probably matter because I'm sure the pdf is bigger than 25mb) but the Guide to Pentex is probably my favorite supplemental material of any pnp game.
>>
No. 9040
>>9036
Uncyclopedia was always unfunny nonsense for 13 year olds.
ED imho is more of a "chronicle" of the web from the view of whatever opposition manages to build itself up "underground". It's actually useful sometimes.
Unyclopedia is just simply shit. (There is a Hungarian version, and that's shit too, they even stole from Magyarchan's wiki page)
>>
No. 9042
>>9040
I liked it.
It's funnier than a lot of things in modern Internet.
>>
No. 9043
Also probably controversial opinion for russian speaking imageboarders, but lurkmore.ru is top tier thanks to their policy of facts > lulz.

Their articles on philosophy, science, religion, etc are unironically good and written by people who actually know a shitton about the subject.

The article on marxism was especially interesting to me, since it looks like it was written by someone who grokked dialectical materialism, not by someone who has merely a political understanding of marxism.

Even though it's mostly a digestible overview, it gives a good idea of what dialectical materialism is, as a philosophy (or as a science, as marxists would put it. not like I grasp dialectical materialism enough to make a judgement), rather than an ideology.
>>
No. 9044
>>9038
Sadly, it becoming much worse. Since times of which "ESO" become "canon", a lot quality lore pages from times of old TES2-3 lore changed into whatever MMO devs think is """lore""". However, gameplay information for same tes3 and tes2 is nice, and if you want start playing TES Arena or Daggerfall or Morrowind and you novice in this kind of game, UESP is best place to start and find answers on gameplay questions.
>>
No. 9045
>>9043
IS it still alive? I thought lurmore is long time forgotten, I readed it in end of 00s start of 10s.
>>
No. 9046
>>9042
I found a few articles funny when I was really young, but I wouldn't consider it good by any standard. It's a series of lolsorandom writings that amount to nothing.
I'd rather have it be a parody.
>>
No. 9047
5 kB, 200 × 200
25 kB, 300 × 300
13 kB, 480 × 360
>>9045
No idea actually, I mostly read old articles, and nostalgia over old forgotten memes.

Most new articles are about harkach memes and recent political events, which I don't give a shit about.
>>
No. 9049
38 kB, 400 × 400
>>9047
Haha, is this Красный Бородач or how it is called?
Well, I remember there was pretty epin old articles on absoluetly different topics - from history, to things like "sport about how to ride in train without bying ticket" and they was big, massive and with bit of humor was written by people who seriously cared about topic. Needles to say, I discovered my favorite nowdays Might and Magic RPG series when founded article about it on Lurkmore back in lare 00s, before it I not cared much and knew only Heroes series.
>>
No. 9051 Kontra
>>9049
it's not 5 am right now
>>
No. 9052
538 kB, 1200 × 642
>>9051
Somewhere on earth it was almost 5 am
>>
No. 9058
For those of you interested in the nature of imageboard culture, here are two interesting links:

http://yotsubasociety.org/welcome/
https://shii.bibanon.org/shii.org/knows/Anonymous.html
>>
No. 9064
>>5476
>r/ChadRight
>r/milliondollarextreme
>r/billionshekelsupreme
All got shoahed for talking shit about Serena Williams, the wife of the owner.
>>
No. 9066
As for websites I currently frequent:

Wikipedia
Youtube (I "subscribe" by noting good channels in a txt file)
Hacker News (quality has decreased alot, up to the point where I recommend NOT viewing the comments section)
lobste.rs (invite only to post)
lainchan
4chan /lit/
8ch /tech/
Various small websites and blogs

Subreddits:
r/DepthHub
r/AskHistorians
r/archlinux
r/linux_gaming
r/ArenaFPS
r/hoggit
r/SubredditDrama
r/Drama

As a general rule of thumb, if the subreddit has more than 100k subscribers, quality begins to noticeably decrease. Keep in mind that the site is also more popular than Facebook in America (according to Alexa traffic analysis), so that should tell you how far it has gone into Eternal September.
>>
No. 9105
288 kB, 494 × 761
>Message from TripAdvisor:Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing. If you’ve had a firsthand experience at this property, please check back soon - we’re looking forward to receiving your review!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186414-d191406-Reviews-Salisbury_Cathedral_and_Magna_Carta-Salisbury_Wiltshire_England.html
>>
No. 9148
125 kB, 1560 × 880
>>
No. 9182
>>8028
Deepcuts, about music
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRYhCg0DHloE9gn-PAiAYNg
He's really good at describing sounds, knows what he's talking about and doesn't include any unnecessary humour to his videos. The community is also alright, serious discussions and no hostility. It's small enough to let the creator discuss topics with his viewers and big enough to not include elitist musical hipsters.

The great war also started a series about WWII recently
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCP1AejCL4DA7jYkZAELRhHQ
>>
No. 9197
>>9066
>"subscribe" by noting good channels in a txt file)

for what purpose?
>>
No. 9210
>>7539
There is no "grown ups making moves and marrying" the new generations do not make moves or marry, they stay in and play vidya
>>
No. 9211
>>9197
Le lizard people algorithms spying on him
>>
No. 9213
15,0 MB, 640 × 360, 2:59
>>9210
You have reached peak gaymer.
>>
No. 9232
108 kB, 998 × 1000
>>9197
>>9211
The reason is far more pragmatic. I dislike having "customized" recommendations so I use YouTube without them, logged off. Last thing I want is to be recommended some 80s Japanese song when I'm looking at videos regarding flight simulators, for instance. I've been using YouTube since 2006, so the new customized recommendations are jarring at best.
>>
No. 9234
>>9232
It's a nice song, though.
>>
No. 9254
Any more like these?

The Distro-Watch for Podcasts

http://podbay.fm/

Library Genesis

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

The Manuals for Almost Every Pen and Paper RPG Ever Made

https://rpg.rem.uz/

Royalty-Free High Resolution Amateur Photos

https://unsplash.com/

Sci-Fi OTR from the 70s short stories narrated to Tangerine Dream

https://archive.org/details/Mindwebs_230
>>
No. 9271
30 kB, 300 × 100
20 kB, 691 × 231
20 kB, 400 × 400
Just these 3 now
>>
No. 9323
>>9254
Holy shit, thanks for rpg.rem.uz <3
>>
No. 9351
>>9323
You're welcome, Ernst. Enjoy.
<3
>>
No. 10178
God, what a goldmine:
retrocomputing.stackexchange.com
This gonna become my evening read. There are so many questions to read.
>>
No. 10199
I honestly can't find really good general discussion sites. I've tried turning to reddit but while it's often helpful and informative the discussions themselves are usually just horrible shitposts after shitpost. That and most of their sub boards are all niche anyway. Then there's forums, which I can't be arsed to register all of which tend to be slow and incredibly niche. Maybe I should try lurking lipstickalley. Those conversations were hilarious. Apparently there's some good art on tumblr sometimes, just images no discussion. I wish there were scientifically minded, literate and intelligent forums to go on that I knew about. studentmedforums is like the rest, funny at times, informative at times, but really niche. I don't even know if abovetopsecret exists anymore. Godlike productions probably does at least. Mostly I alternate with 420 at this point. I still miss 99chan. It was kinda like EC, slow, fantastic quality, then it just kinda disappeared.
>>
No. 10234
>>10199
Hey, I was browsing 99chan for a while as well when I was fed up with KC around 2011. I liked it, but didn't find it remarkable at the time. That's why I came to EC, which was building up to be something great at that point. It's strange though, I no longer miss the old times.
>>
No. 10239
>>10234
Out of every bad decision I've ever made, computers, the internet, and most especially imageboards was by far the worst. Not an exaggeration. And I've done a lot of stupid wasteful shit in my life. They say that doing drugs is like doing absolutely nothing while thinking you're doing something. Imageboards are the epitome of this.
>>
No. 10281
>>10239
More or less because the masculine perspective is all about doing while the feminine is all about feeling. So imageboards are the enemy of a young man who is attempting to ignore his temporary feelings and strive for a result, in effect transitioning from a feminine dominated childhood of feelings to a masculine dominated adulthood of results. As a man at least in America where everyone asks you "what do you do" you are judged by what job you hold not how you feel about that position, and in the end you are judged even by yourself by what you have done not by how you felt.
>>
No. 10286
>>10281
I'm not sure that's related to the problem. My post had everything to do with action and delusion. When you get shitfaced you have the false delusion that you're doing something. With posting online you can get the false delusion that you're accomplishing anything at all, even just shitposting. In fact some of the worst posters are so cancerous specifically because they think they're changing the world by shitposting. The internet itself is a major time waster but IBs are absolutely the worst. They end up pandering to the lowest common denominators, which is observable as every year a board will just get more repetitive and idiotic. I have yet to see a single chan that didn't rapidly degrade in quality over time. It has nothing to do with feelings; I don't give a fuck about your feelings. I'm talking about people mistake the action of posting with imposing their view on the world, as opposed to passive observers who might actually benefit in some small way but would still be better off doing nothing but reading wikipedia articles then turning the machine off.
>>
No. 10288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkkOQjK71Ss

Microboards are not sufficient, are not the entire answer. We have a responsibility before the general public, before the body politic. It is only us that can instill the proper values, the right attitudes and the correct ways of reasoning into the larger masses, by personal example. The great big /b/ is in it's present state quite receptive to charitable influence. The youth need help and direction and guidance and we are the only ones who can truly help them, and teach them to help others.
>>
No. 10305
>>10288
They're a lost cause. This was true a decade ago when people were still trying to save it.
>It is only us that can instill the proper values, the right attitudes and the correct ways of reasoning into the larger masses, by personal example.
I can't tell if this was meant to be satire. Even ignoring the personal example part, you have to keep in mind a shithole like /pol/ not just /b/. It was true of bernds also. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I always saw bernds whining about this or that but they outright rejected any advice or offers of help.
>>
No. 10352
>>10305
Look at Ernstchan. This board is determined and made special not by what is visible, it's content and posts and discussions, but in the first place by what is unobserved and intangible: the attitudes and the posting culture of it's residents. And that is a meme (in the old-fashioned meaning of the term), that is a behavior that can be acquired over time. If you truly help just a single person, soon, the entire community will be transformed - I hope you can perceive the logic behind this.
>>
No. 12322
>>
No. 12334
>>9182
I looked at his channel before and was not particularly impressed. It seems to me that he gets all his information from rate your music, wikipedia, /mu/ charts, and Scaruffi.
I don't think he is anything special; he just capitalized on a untapped market for a specific niche in an effective way. For me to watch/listen a music reviewer/recommender they need to offer me something that is not just a guy's cursory opinion or a summary off rym. Very little that he has talked about was new to me. If I've already listened to many of the albums and genres that he recommends, he has nothing to offer me except his personal opinion, which I care little about anyways as he tends to follow rym trends and not be original or unique in his perspective. I am not saying that he is a no effort hack or talentless or stupid; he just does not really offer anything new to anyone that has already gotten "into" music.

Examples of music channels that I like (that aren't about teaching instruments or music theory):

Samuel Andreyev
-A Canadian composer that both analyzes music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77OL5ekPnk8
and gives interviews with seldom interviewed artists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgfVVbK4bA

MrLtia1234
-Two British Blokes that have delved deep into the 70s prog scene (they've read many books, biographies, and testimonies from that scene),
and so give a very unique and detailed perspective on prog music (including a greater than 1 hour long review of The Wall and a Frank Zappa mini-series were they cover many of his material throughout the years): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmCC9KdfcEA&list=PLMoEsgm9rdqYVmcJVkqM-VHZ8x8KsBxgV

Jon Whitney
-I talked about him before ITT. He is the owner of brainwashed.com, I'll let the wikipedia article give a good summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwashed_(website)
He hosts material for dozens of obscure independent artists, as well interviews key players of various scenes throughout time (with a focus on industrial and neofolk):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anjor7F2P7g

Classical Music/ /Reference Recording
-Not an explicit recommender/reviewer per se, but has many interesting classical records on their channel (also features remasters exclusive to the channel as some of the people that are part of the channel team are audio engineers). Here is an interesting rendition of The Goldberg variations from Helmut Walcha -a blind pianist on harpsichord (a far cry from Gould, Richter, Schiff, Hewitt, etc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCAb5ig90rA&list=PL3UZpQL9LIxOLRwxl1dEfDrH3c8mX5UB1&index=7

I usually have a distaste for Gould, but this Brahms performance changed my mind about him as I now see his more delicate and less eccentric side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az9c8Skylhk&list=PL3UZpQL9LIxOfigsjIfHNN6AuqZVVmfGR&index=9
Some other renditions that I particularly enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6JGv4QVGr4&index=6&list=PL3UZpQL9LIxOfigsjIfHNN6AuqZVVmfGR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3bS2E7GME&index=3&list=PL3UZpQL9LIxOLRwxl1dEfDrH3c8mX5UB1
>>
No. 24012
nature.com

Best science-news for people who are not into the specific topics, but written by people who really know wzhat they're talking about.
>>
No. 24026
>>24012
>written by people who really know what they're talking about
It's kinda given since it's the most prestigious science journal in the world.
>>
No. 24028
>>24026
cell is more prestigious, at least within life sciences (bioinformatics, genetics, etc.)

also, he's talking about their news publications specifically, not research articles
>>
No. 24050 Kontra
>>24028
Prestige is just a vague idea, it's not measurable, and how can you be sure what he meant?
>>
No. 24054
>>24050
because he explicitly specified "science-news"
>>
No. 24064 Kontra
>>24054
And proper research articles don't qualify as news? Are they not a novelty?
>>
No. 24142
>>24064
>And proper research articles don't qualify as news?

No, they don't. Glad I could clear that up for you.
>>
No. 24143 Kontra
>>24142
go back to reddit with those passive-agressive shitposts
>>
No. 24144
>>24142
Leave Poland alone you jackass he didnt do anything wrong. Posting well cited research articles is EC tier. Also thread about other sites and such. Nature.com is a good one to go to.
>>
No. 24145
>>24143
Shan’t

>>24144
Research is fine. News is also fine. They’re not the same thing. Words have meaning. Kindly brown-nose the Polack at least 50 yards from my position. Ciao
>>
No. 24241
What does Ernst think of Psiram?

https://www.psiram.com/
>>
No. 24247
>>24241
I find it rather silly, as all these types of "wikis" aimed at condemning certain ideas/people, even if rightfully so.
In this case specifically because the authors seem to think esotericism can be disproven by science, facts, etc. when they're pretty much disjoint paradigms.
>>
No. 24535
5,4 MB, 2952 × 1574
The interactive documentary Jheronimus Bosch, the Garden of Earthly Delights provides an in-depth tour though The Garden of Earthly Delights. In a web interface the visitor will be taken on an audio-visual journey, including sound, music, video and images to enrich the storytelling:

https://tuinderlusten-jheronimusbosch.ntr.nl/en
>>
No. 25329
Found some interesting web catalogue: https://peelopaalu.neocities.org/directory.html
>>
No. 25331
A well-organized set of music genres. Taking into consideration cultural, social facets are poorly verified, yet they make up the main factors to classify with, it conveys overall the direction of the music evolution.
https://musicmap.info/
>>
No. 25412 Kontra
>>24535
well damn, i should have interesting dreams tonight. the amazing resolution combined with the area based audio was quite terrifying in my sleep-addled state, i'm impressed this exists.
Apparently there is a VR version as well but that just looks silly. I could imagine recreating the scenes in 3d, would only be a fraction of the original but still interesting to walk into
>>
No. 26309
http://manuscriptminiatures.com/search/
Search engine for medieval art
>>
No. 27469
Discussion about Anti-Technology topics

http://anti-tech.boards.net/
>>
No. 27473
>>27469
>disscus anti-technologi ON INTERNET
Ahahahahaha
>>
No. 28721
https://0xchan.net/

Any Ernsts here who participate in the development of 0xchan?
>>
No. 28732
>>28721
No. Why would I when there is so many other failed projects?
> bb..but it uses blockchains and IPFS and hava a white paper and dank memes
So? If you want old and tried there is Freenet, various things using Tor, a whole bunch of decentralized communication and federation protocols that is far more mature and don't have edgy kids working on them. There is even that imageboard software using NNTP, what ever it's name is.
>>
No. 28894
>>
No. 30808
>>9027
It's not all that bad, their articles on obscure conspiracy theories are both funny and comprehensive.
>>
No. 31752
Good resource for plant systematics

http://www.mobot.org/MOBOT/Research/APweb/welcome.html
>>
No. 31791
>>28894
I was about to link spidr as well. It's one of the handful of projects that I felt obligated to donate to for the public service it provides.

While not perfect, it is amazing for trying to determine the spin of each site and the common truths between them. It's also a good demonstration of how Reuters and AP (among others) provide the kernel of information for most other sites.
I've recommended it to people studying/actively working in journalism, and now I know at least one of them uses it daily to parse the news.

My main complaint is that it's not designed to be used as an archive, so finding equivalent articles months/years later, even just the urls and <title>s, doesn't seem possible. But that's secondary to properly matching up current content.
>>
No. 31883
Today I've found http://softpanorama.org
It calls itself "Open Source Software Educational Society" which started as a floppy bulletin in 1989.
Guess there are a lot of top things to read.
>>
No. 31884
I spend most of my time on the internet on various theme boards on the 4chan, some specific game/hobby reddits (only lurking) and wikipedia.
Apart from that, basically nothing. I used to visit the Guardian website regularly around 2012-13, but recently went there again and did a 360 and walked away. German news outlets are even worse. It's funny how you can completely ignore news and people won't notice.
>>
No. 33628
I use a huge opml file which I built over the years and consume various blogs and sites through RSS reader (Inoreader is my preference)
>>
No. 48891
>>31884
>German news outlets are even worse.
In what sense?
>>
No. 48910
>>31884
I've spent probably an embarrassing amount of time on tvtropes, 1d4chan, and various wh40k wikis even though I'm not actually that big a fan of 40k and it still bugs me that the supposed fans don't seem to understand part of the irony of the grimdarkness of 40k is that the emprah himself hated religion and would've purged the shit out of anyone calling him "god" emperor--and in fact did exactly that during imperial cult formation which is exactly why people like the Word Bearers got so butthurt and fell to chaos to begin with. Really though it's just a couple of factions which actually are pretty awesome like chaos and tyranids. A lot of the rest isn't just over the top but cheesy to the point it's clearly meant more for children. I've spent inordinate amounts of time on YT videos and really if I'm going to actually waste time I should do so on something at least semi educational like wikipedia or more entertaining like people's drug stories on www.erowid.org , which I've sadly come to realize is becoming a probably soon to be lost relic of the now ages old internet like TOTSE. I'm guessing you could pretty much call that the silver era of the internet, with BBS's and altavista being more like the golden era of the internets.

What I should actually probably do at this point is start taking site rips of places like erowid which are at risk of a total loss much the same as befell places like encyclopediadramatica. As I've said numerous times before this is what living inside the technological dark ages feels like. Just because something is prolific or easily accessible now does not mean that it will be ubiquitous or even continue to exist in the future, and not only the long future but merely the future as in several years from now. Even image searches these days are just purely trash and seemingly the very meaning of the word "meme" has gotten perverted into some dumbass pic with a caption that soccer moms are sharing on facebook.

I want to find the under-internet but I'm afraid there'll be nothing down there but the same shit on the surface just with more pedos. I really should start making my archives available at least. And probably learn to use places like wordpress just because I'm a) too lazy to do so and b) hate using any kind of my real credentials to anything. I'm losing ways of routing around that and keeping stable fake email accounts which is now getting expensive because it costs fivebux to get a debit card which doesn't even work outside of the country and reloadable cards demand my fucking SS number (it's a government ID all Americans are giving at birth and both notoriously hard to fake and get away with and also a felony to do so) and burner phones with minutes ain't exactly cheap if I just want to sign up for something online. Maybe I'll unload the unused minutes I have left and torch it anyway because it's now tied to my physical address regardless (many minutes expire after 3 months or 1 month or something like that).
>>
No. 53937
>>5452
>Youtube, Wikipedia and, as a guilty pleasure of mine

The same applies to my life and probably billions of people. And now I found websites (again) which work well for downloading long YouTube videos as well.

Convert long video to various file types

https://yt1s.com/en5

Convert even longer video to mp3

https://mp3fy.com

More enjoyable websites

https://historum.com/
https://www.sffchronicles.com/
>>
No. 53939 Kontra
>>48891
Because it's ONLY opinions, no actual journalism anymore.
>>
No. 53941
>>53939
So, you haven't been reading news anymore for like a decade now, but at the same time you're qualified to assert the quality of reporting?
>>
No. 53943 Kontra
>>53941
I don't actively read news anymore, of course I pick up an article or two when I am visiting people and they have a newspaper (SZ, Welt, not Bild) around etc. or when I am visiting my parents and have to sit through the Tagesschau/heute Nachrichten. Although the last years it was mainly "hurr Trump". I wonder how they will react when Biden is starting a war.
>>
No. 53948 Kontra
>>53939
How does it differ from the past? 10 years ago, 30 years ago, 100 years ago?
>>
No. 53952 Kontra
>>53948
Because journalists actually did (had to do) actual research and did actual reporting instead of everyone just spouting opinions. Who does that anymore?
The only one I can name from the top of my head is Manuel Möglich. I really enjoyed Wild Germany because most episodes he was listening and showing (or wandering through a gay darkroom to emerge visibly disturbed lol) without doing much opinionating. There is a newer show, I think it's on Netflix, that is similar, but it's not him all the time and the difference in quality between episodes is incredible. His episode was about "perverts", i.e. s&m aficionados, bondage, petplay and such and again, it was more show & tell (so actual documentation), while in other episodes you had the typical "hurr durr social criticism here's the message" style.
Or take this article: https://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/debatte-um-afd-armseliger-umgang-mit-politischem-gegner.1005.de.html?dram%3Aarticle_id=344272

Independently of how things are looking now, that was during a time when any other article about the AfD was "hurr afd bad and nazi", which of course is a directed way of thinking.
Or recently, again visiting parents, my mother watched the Presseclub. They had an "internet journalist" there. A fat turk girl. I looked her up and it turned out she was writing exactly the kind of shit you would expect of someone like that. And that was in the fucking Presseclub. I had a blog 15 years ago, does that also make me eligible to appear there?

And for everything else, I can also just look at dpa/reuters/etc. because they take their informations from there anyway. So why would I need a middleman to get my news with a fat layer of "think THIS"? Modern journalism has disqualified itself. Journalists are only slightly above politicans, but not much.
>>
No. 54003
>>9045
And now it died! Recently admin went full SJW and started to delete articles offending BLM and Gretta Thumberg.
>>
No. 54004
>>5452
lj.rossia.org
>>
No. 54005
>>54003
He is not an "sjw".
For years it had no any moderation and what was just a place which contained articles more or less how internet imageboard dwellers from ~2007 viewed the world now it became more or less a dumbster for pidorashkas. Idea to preserve the past and protect it from modern orc hordes is a nice thought, would be a time capsule for future generations if ever current shit in russia ended.
>>
No. 54037
>>54005
> He is not an "sjw".
He is.

> what was just a place which contained articles more or less how internet imageboard dwellers from ~2007 viewed the world
They viewed the world without sacred cows. Now their worldview is considered "alt right" by Homak and people like him. Even if you view Lurkmore as "time capsule", not a live project, some of deleted articles were old ones.
>>
No. 54038
>>54037
>He is.
Only in the worldview of those who uses this word as a curse for everyone who fit in their imagenary category of "bad" people.
>deleted
From what I know, a lot of these "old" articles over the years were vandalized to death same as the half of this website. Pseudo-Cynical approach towards many things, which was common here was used as an excuse to spread current pro-govenment agenda.
>without sacred cows
Huh, there were a lot sacred cows. A typical imageboarder from these times was a student of 18-24yo youth who had their interests. Children of 90s and users of the internet from that time, they have builden up a mixed feelings towards mindset of their parents. On one side - disgust towards many things which were forcevely sacred for older generation. A state patriotism, ww2 victory, faces of authoritarian leaders of the past, culture elements of life in the USSR - food, dacha etc. since a lot of it after fall of the regime and iron curtain revealed itself just as a bunch of garbage filled with fallen ideology. On other hand - there were a lot of new interests, a lot of things whjch become part of their life or as shiny memories of their childhood which become new sacred cultural idols. Some videogames, tv shows, movies, music from late 80s and 90s and their new culture which was born in ru-internet in 00s, in the world completely detached from from older generation. You back then might find a lot of love towards gaechka, stickers from crappy bootleg bubblegum, some spectrum compture, stories about old "memes". "Memes" of old ru-net were something even more special for people from that time - their was their creations, the foundation of their new youth culture and their world. What made them also so fresh and special that many of these idols were a collective creation or collective admiration, not something artificially forced like cult of lenin. So there were sacred cows and a lot of them.

Now the other thing is while these people regected old idols or seen them in a neutral, how they felt "objective" way, they accepted many negative traits of their parents. In other word, they often shared negative feelings and character of older generation who raised them. So what in the rest of the world often was a very cynical satire on the edge of just being rebel against some moral norms just for fun of it being edgy or make some point radical way, like an old South Park, was and still is a norm for the post-USSR society. Hate towards each other on personal level, hate towards everyone else on the level of nation. This is not a satire or open irony to depict some working stereotypes for the sake of mocking joke, this is a solid unironic worldview caused by years of isolation of state, artificial pseudo-morale with mutually exclusive paragraphs and the structure of society. It is this traits which made, on the first glance, very separate generations similar in some ways and it was that crack which allowed the modern re-birth of old authoritarian state and its ideology. So anything, which rejects this is viewed by modern russia as "liberals" "evil westernies" "sjws" - depends on generation.
So from this old internet culture there more or less 2 groups of people - one which returned to be like their fathers, returning to old or similar newly crafted idols which were before ridiculed only to keep this other part of worldview, and second, who finnaly regected it and esaped mentality of old completely. This is the people whom you including sometimes call "sjw". [Spoiler] Just as semi-unrelated addition, interestingly, that while being in circles of people who often described as this "sjw" by likes of you I never seen this abbreviation spoken or cared about in years [/Spoiler]
>>
No. 54041
>>54038
> From what I know, a lot of these "old" articles over the years were vandalized to death same as the half of this website.
I've read some of the deleted articles recently (yes, Streisand effect). After reading your post I compared them to older versions, and it's nothing like you describe. You can check it yourself.

> Pseudo-Cynical approach towards many things, which was common here was used as an excuse to spread current pro-govenment agenda.
http://nouveau.lurkmore.net/Путин - how is this pro-government? And if you criticize Gretta, it doesn't mean you are being pro-government.
You are trying to force a false dichotomy: either you go along with all the mainstream western agenda, either you are pro-Putin.

> What made them also so fresh and special that many of these idols were a collective creation or collective admiration, not something artificially forced like cult of lenin. So there were sacred cows and a lot of them.
Come on, seriously? If people admired some waifus like Gaechka, it's same like if they had societal and political topics forbidden for critique?

> This is the people whom you including sometimes call "sjw".
You imagine me like vatnik or /pol/ack and argue against this straw man.

> interestingly, that while being in circles of people who often described as this "sjw" by likes of you I never seen this abbreviation spoken or cared about in years
It's a normal phenomena. For example, alt-rights never call themselves alt-rights even if they are totally OK with that label and that ideology (I don't speak about people like Shapiro who were wrongly called alt-rights by media).
>>
No. 54043
>>54041
>I've read some of the deleted articles recently (yes, Streisand effect). After reading your post I compared them to older versions, and it's nothing like you describe. You can check it yourself.
And what these deleted articles are?

>how is this pro-government?
The last time I was on lurk, I seen a number of military-themed articles about tech clearly written by /wm dwellers and it was the last time I visited this site.

>Come on, seriously? If people admired some waifus like Gaechka, it's same like if they had societal and political topics forbidden for critique?
What? I said that they had their holy cows. It was not like they just hated everything and for everything, they hated they were objective.

>You imagine me like vatnik or /pol/ack and argue against this straw man.
No, I think you might be from people who trigger on "niggers and gays in vidyagames" and imagine your "leftist sjw ugly old trans on twitter who want to ban muh vidyagenes and also this why current movies suck also Greta trunberg (who remembers her in 2021 wtf?)" or something like that.

What I suspect has happened is that the creator just had become a westerner himself. He now as I know a non-binary person who now looking at his past thoughts and changed his mind about that. Since he views the site as his creation, he thinks that some articles are part of his old thoughts which currently he views as inappropriate. In some ways it is might be a bit questionable and selfish since this site is the work of many people, but he is the owner and it was his life's decision to do it, and honestly, I know that feel.
>>
No. 54044
>>54043
>It's a normal phenomena. For example, alt-rights never call themselves alt-rights even if they are totally OK with that label and that ideology (I don't speak about people like Shapiro who were wrongly called alt-rights by media).
SJW was a real "group" of people as I know, and alt-right was more forced therm by media. I may be mistaken, but I don't remember that anyone even created this therm and used it unironically before it becomes just a media meme.
And from what I have seen, Homak never was a part of this SJW group you trying to label him because dislike how changed his worldview.
>>
No. 54059
>>54043
This is leading us to a long "holy war" weakly related to thread topic. I'm OK with it if you are. If you are not, I'll just say one thing:
you like to contrast western liberals (who call themselves "progressives") to vatniks yet they share same authoritarian mentality, and older liberals like Foucault would be ashamed of them.
>>
No. 54074
>>54059
I doubt that Homak shares this mentality nor do I. Social democratic=/=authoritarian socialism, no need to be so absolute. Don't know whay homak himself thinks, but if he deleted arcticle which depict traps as some trash because he feels very bad about it now I don't think that means he dreams about some sort of islamic gommunism.
Okay, end of off-topic.
>>
No. 54134 Kontra
>>54044
There are multiple separate groups within "the left" many who hate each other just as there are within "the right wing" like for example something like 70% of Democrat voters dislike political correctness and the woke retards. They don't even have majority support that side of the aisle. Also it's ridiculous to try and say SJW, which is a term applied to them, in the same breath saying no one on the alt right called themselves alt right. We're on the internet. On an imageboard. We saw it all go down. At this point though between Qboomers and the woke right the entire thing is entirely faggy and coopted by the establishment anyway.
>>
No. 57211
How do I find good Discord servers? I suspect that all the internet life is now there, and we are just like Facebook boomers using dead format of communication (imageboards).
>>
No. 57212
64 kB, 540 × 661
>>57211
>and we are just like Facebook boomers using dead format of communication (imageboards)
Thank god it's dead. Being unpopular keeps the casuals out.
>How do I find good Discord servers?
I will never bow down to nameposting, no matter if it's not my real name.
>>
No. 57213 Kontra
>>57211
>I suspect that all the internet life is now there,
But why are you so interested in that? Do you want to keep up with the kids? Meet jailbait gf? Something else?
Honestly, I am probably going to drop "gaming" as a regular hobby altogether in the near future (occasional emulation and classics are still there) and concrentrate on my other, non-internet-non-computer hobbies because it's all fucked.
>>
No. 57215
>>57211
I've joined a couple servers related to podcasts/"content creators"/game developers etc. I like, maybe you can look for something similar.
But tbh I have them all muted and there's only one I check semi-regularly, many are too spammy to follow if you're not constantly online so it results in circle-jerking between the regulars (though this might be the case in many online communities). But yeah, YMMV
>>
No. 57230
>>57211
I've found that there's two types of discord servers:
Big community servers centred around a game/mod/personality/media shit and "personal" and "private" servers.
The former is usually ran by insufferable retards who unironically think neoliberalism is a force of good and will ban you if you do anything that isn't circlejerking with their regulars, and the other type is a small community where you make friends with people and generally anything goes as long as you don't break TOS.

I have a discord server too I use to chat with just one other friend and it's good for that, but generally speaking I'd recommend you join a larger server for something that interests you and then eventually someone will post a link to their private server or other smaller servers that are less mainstream.

But really, if you're not actively following the chat or engaging in something the community does then there's little reason to join a discord in my opinion. (You can still harvest the funny memes from the memes channel every single discord seems to have tho.)
>>
No. 57232
>>57213
I am never going to drop gaming hopefully. I've "invested" probably thousands of dollars into my collection at this point. I wish it was all hard copies like the good old days, but still.

Of course I am now at the midway point to my life so I may end up dropping altogether anyway, considering I'm already half dead, which leaves me wondering constantly if I should be wasting my time doing this or that although I find it a far more pertinent question what I am doing for professional life or education than what I am actually doing with my freetime, which given the difference between vidyas and television really it only boils down to the functionality of a TV show becomes something to chitchat about, like sports. But do you think I am ever actually going to waste my life on something as pointlessly mundane and retarded as watching sports so I can make meaningless smalltalk with the bydlo I so despise? Fuck no. In fact if anything I've come to a much fuller appreciation to how much I actually hate people and how feel are not only worthy of trust, but even so much as worth me spending any time at all associating with.

A lot of it has come down to the pandemic though, which has at times subtly or radically changed me and my outlook on life. Which would I rather do, deal with people I fundamentally distrust and want nothing to do with, or do what I actually want to do like a personal project, play vidya, read a story or some other type of good book, learn a new skill or trade, and better myself, my education, my life? Of course sobriety has ultimately played a major part in that too but towards the very end I was doing things like shitposting on casey in barsitself one of the worst wastes of life I could have engaged in along with the internet altogether, and another fundamental reason I try not to go anywhere but EC because normalfags, zoomers, boomers, and various other trash made everything from reddit to the *chans as insufferable and retarded as twitter and FB, hence not wanting anything to do with these pointlessly idiotic faggots on their shitty little discords either and just drinking so hard to obliterate myself on purpose solely because while I was drunk to the point of stumbling no matter how shitfaced I got I still realized I wasn't drunk enough to enjoy being around other people. This creeping realization happened harder and harder as I got drunker and drunker until I finally reached the point of recognizing and admitting to myself none of these people are my friends, none of them are legitimately trustworthy, and next to none of them ever would have either my or each other's backs to end with.

So now I play vidya. I rarely shitpost anymore unless someone finally bested my in terms of me actually being baited into arguing with them. So much as arguing with others I see as personal loss now. If somebody wants to drink contaminated water and die so let them. As long as their idiocy doesn't provide immediate threat to me or my immediate group or family there's no reason to engage, and likewise unless one person is deliberately trashing my experience of something don't engage. If you do need to engage be as heartlessly cold blooded and ruthless as possible until the annoyance stops moving.

The worst part is if you actually need help with something most people are useless, and I realized how bad most "gamers" really are. They're horrible people who don't deserve girlfriends or to be happy in life. I've simply accepted most people share the hell they made for themselves. I simply want them to stop polluting mine, and gamers as in Gamers, the retarded faggots using it as an identity, are thoroughly often people and incredible morons.

I may as well just get a cabin in an arctic circle someday if I ever am able to, unless I can find the final frontier to flee to. The hordes will follow us anywhere, even if we have to kick over every bookshelf behind us to slow them down. I may find educated, decent, moral people someday, but I know that this day is not that day and so I'll play vidya. Why am I suddenly getting such strong deja vu
>>
No. 57293
>>>57212
>Thank god it's dead. Being unpopular keeps the casuals out.
It's dead for a good reason.
First, if 80 IQ writes something, everyone has to read it. So either you read all the bullshit, either you have strict moderation, which will soon turn into deleting posts they disagree with.
Second, when you are anonymous you don't have any reputation associated with your identity. You can write how everyone is going to die from corona, two months later with same confidence write that it's just a flu and hoax and that everyone will die from vaccines any time soon. You can do same using identity, but your embarrassment is documented then, and there is a chance that you'll get some self-awareness.
10 years ago it still worked. Now, with all those schizos purged from facebook... Not so much.
And EC is only alive, because it's not anonymous. Many of users are uniquely identified by their country. For Russia, USA and Germany there are 2-3 active posters who still can be distinguished by their views, topics they are interested in and writing style.

>>57230
Thanks for advice.

> retards who unironically think neoliberalism is a force of good
The people whom I really dislike are firsties who fail in their lives on easy mode, and in order to cope with it and back up their ressentiment turn to radical ideologies. Those who tell how Merkel is terrorist, and Mao is cool and based.
>>
No. 57297 Kontra
>>57293
I don't want to go into politics necessarily, but I have more of an issue with the "unradical radicals" that roam around on the internet preaching how revolutionary and transformative they are while also kowtowing to whatever foreign or cultural policy the American liberal establishment is trying to push down the rest of the world's throat.
Discord is full of these kinds of people who love to pretend they're "anarchists" or whatever but constantly focus on identity politics.

But then again, I'm basically a quasi-ironic redfash tankie retarded troll who is the contemporary equivalent of a 1960s ML in the west, so I shouldn't be talking about politics anywhere because it always boils down to "I want to repeat every single mistake we made during the 20th century for aesthetic and narrative purposes and because I hate America".

Each discord is basically the personal dictatorship of a clique of users or just a single user. It's arbitrary.
>>
No. 57300 Kontra
>>57297
Anti-Atlanticism is a powerful drug, I've seen grown men collapse from abuse and feel compelled to defend the actions of North Korea on the internet.
>>
No. 57307
>>57300
I must confess I'm addicted to it in a sense.
>>
No. 57320
>>57297
I don't get being an unironic tankie, but I'll lean tankie in specific shitposting conditions.

>identity politics
Eh, of all the American exports that one is pretty tame. Dunno why it gets so much focus from people. I think it's just trendy to punch that way lately.

I say that because the worst has been the American right exporting anti-vax and fundie dipshits, and has created a kind of redneck larp demographic in other countries. I'll take our horrible but vanilla rightoids any day over that crap.
>>
No. 57323 Kontra
>>57320
I dislike those retards too, but they are considerably of less presence than the other type of idpol practitioners (even if they aren't less of a pest because of that.)
Here they just rage in their circlejerk facebook groups about random nonsense like how Grabovoi numbers can cure aids or how the Earth is flat and then everyone laughs at them for being lunatics. They're more self contained and aren't as penetrative. (And that's a good thing.)
>>
No. 57328
>>57320
>identity politics
Why it gets focus?

It is the part of the intelligentsia you can use to turn the unwashed opinion in the direction of your choosing. You can't criticize engineers, doctors and other respectable occupations. But you can criticize identity politics and since the theories comes from places of higher education, at least you can point to it being there, you can criticizes, ridicule and eventually purge the unwanted groups from the top of the university giving control of it to trusts run by your buddies. So when you eventually loose the election the new government cannot easily undo the things you did. It is also good for killing of discussion by pointing to the many admittedly over the top ridiculous things that people comes up with and then linking that topic to the topic you do not want to discuss.

Also part of the problem is that many needs it to be a focus so that they can stay relevant. Just look at the letter soup the HBTQBBQWTFOMG community comes up with. The biggest problem I have with it is that there is a risk of being a backlash and I do not like the other side of it at all, they can go fuck themselves as well. Fucking pompous idiots.
>>
No. 57329
>>54037
Lurkmore and ED were never part of the woke right and since numerous edit wars and deletions on both have come to represent that woke right and their faggy retarded views and sacred cows. Quasi nihilistic "offend everyone, nothing is sacred" lulz mentality is dead. It was replaced with faggy zoomers and boomers from VK and shitbook who are among most easily trollable USI filled butthurted snowflakes I ever imagined.

The sacred art and principles of trollshido demand that I attack, provoke, ridicule, and otherwise troll the alt right as mercilessly as possible now. Such is life on the oldfag mentalities.
>>
No. 57330 Kontra
235 kB, 1500 × 2170
>>
No. 57331
>>57330
There's this one Darkest Dungeon clone on GOG and Steam I absolutely adore solely for the sheer amount of butthurt it causes to some people
https://www.gog.com/game/warsaw
>>
No. 57337
>>57323
Lucky you. Here they're a growing political bloc. Hell, our PM is a megachurch attender who spent taxpayer money to take a private jet to speak at a thumper conference, and we had thousands of anti-vax people marching yesterday in multiple cities. The local one was significantly larger than the one outside a weapons expo a couple months back. People here are cooler with selling bombs to dictators and warlords in the region than they are having to wear a mask and limit their movements during a major outbreak (vaccination is already optional, so I don't get their other points).

By comparison, pronouns and bathrooms seem significantly less of a problem, if one at all. Kind of funny how that second group is the one treated like an existential threat though. Really makes u think.
>>
No. 57338
81 kB, 1080 × 828
>>57330
There is a 3-rd way.

>>57337
I'm subscribed to right wing expat to Australia, and it's like you live in two different countries.
>>
No. 57339
19 kB, 650 × 366
37 kB, 634 × 357
>>57338
If you're a rightoid, you'll love it here. Especially if your the kind whose personality amounts to 'owning the left'. If you give a shit about human rights and/or decency though then take a hard pass. Pics related is from a children's prison in Australia. Absolutely no institutional problems in a country that puts kids as young as 10 in there, maintains offshore concentration camps, had state-sponsored child abductions into the 70s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations) and whose right found a national apology for that shit controversial until it became obvious that the tide was against them and they flip flopped on it. Hell, it took until 2018-19? for my state to enact a Human Rights Act.

I'll quote the HRMI Rights Tracker:

>Australia's Safety from the State score of 6.7/10 suggests that a significant number of people are not safe from one or more of the following: arbitrary arrest, torture, disappearance, execution or extrajudicial killing.

>Australia's Empowerment score of 6.8/10 suggests that while many people are enjoying their civil liberties and political freedoms (freedom of speech, assembly and association, and democratic rights), a significant number are not.

What's depressing though is that apparently our score is about average for high income OECD countries.
>>
No. 57347
18 kB, 474 × 266
>>57338
Because rightards truly are a most bydlo retarded cancer at this point. Gone are any of the days when being a Conservative meant something and frankly I questiom at this point if they ever even were not retarded vicious hypocrites to begin with. I immediately think about serial adulterers such as Newt Gingrich here, as well as people I personally known claiming to be ultra Conservative but at times abysmal fucking failures at upholding any family values. If a super liberal family like one I think of is way better at not getting divorced and trying to maintain cohesive family values unit, then you're doin wrong.

>>57337
My sincerest apologies. I can't stand those fucking people also partly not even so much because they make us look bad, not even so much because they make God look bad, but because they drive people away from Christ Jesus while doing it, and that's a sin that's borderline unforgivable.

The problem is they're not even a real religious people. It was basically put on full display these last five years how they're having a known pathological liar, serial adulterer, money worshiper, and basically the definition of a man of perdition signing their Bibles after all the shitstorming over Bill and Monica when I was a kid. Now suddenly they're having this guy autograph their Holy Bibles who paid off a porno actress to keep quiet about his adultery and thing about redemption is, it requires contrition. Like it's one thing if you're those sin on Saturday and ask forgiveness Sunday types of hypocrites. It is another when you don't even bother to apologize, and boast in your own wickedness no less, because you cannot be saved if you never asked for forgiveness.

My point about all this is they're a cancer that's often misunderstood as a religious movement; in fact they are not, but rather a political bloc. They represent US foreign and business interests abroad basically and helping spread some of the worst aspects of cancerous American culture. Straya is entirely right and a good number of their kids basically just use church money to go to foreign countries and party anyway, unlike the Mormons who say what you will at least their missionaries are sincere albeit creepy heretics.

Like you'll notice they usually don't care about real matters of the flesh versus the spirit, but faggy political things. They sold their souls. Among the interests they usually spread is diehard Zionism, US imperialism, and interests of the corportocracy. I know a lot are sincere good people, but then so are some members of any cult or faggy political movement. The interesting thing is they often approve of basically New Age occult practices here and there, while I had someone lecture me about how the Indians "use the Marijuana in their peace pipes to commune with spirits, which were demons." Dude didn't even understand they smoked tobacco in peace pipes not Marijuana, but of course that would be the opposite to what US policy wants, rather than promote US tobacco and pharmaceutical industry interests.

In case you couldn't tell yes these people piss me off too and in spite of my own sins I consider them as besmirchers of God and Christendom while actively spreading the absolute worst dregs of US retardation from anti-vaccines to YEC to sometimes flat eartherism I shit you not. They don't worship the spirit, but the flesh, and do as the flesh wants in all things nonsexual and sometimes sexual as well.

Tl;dr from a Christian perspective Australia is rightman I need to go to church what am I even doing I'm vaccinated I need to find a new church this summer sorry Lord
>>
No. 57348
87 kB, 792 × 612
>>57338
>pic
The left-center way is da best
>>
No. 57350
241 kB, 960 × 794
>>57347
This post is so American, especially the anti-americanism part.
Which state are you from?
>>
No. 57360
381 kB, 669 × 670
>>57348
I understand what you mean.
>>
No. 57361
Opinions about Fediverse? Looks like discount Twitter for me.
>>
No. 57362
675 kB, 580 × 563
>>57347
Tbh, Scummo being a Hillsong nutjob was just referencing the Americanism of that particular cultural export. I got way more pressing concerns with the cloth ranging from protecting pedos and rapists (both historical and hypothetical), and religious schools taking government subsidies with one hand and demanding that state and federal discrimination law not apply to them with the other. That's just vanilla assholishness, and we'd have that either way.

That said, a PM on record as saying he practices the laying of hands and believes twitter trolls are 'the evil one' is still one hell of a wild ride of reality to be on.
>>
No. 57373
>>57350
You keep saying how Russian it is to hate every other Russian. Why you are so surprised Americans hate everybody else in America? Decaying superpower broblems.
>>
No. 57385
>>57361
It will probably not lift off, spawning a few nerdy communities at best?
>>
No. 57396
>>57361
My experience has been that I signed up on some Diaspora Network server ages ago with something akin to my real name as username, wrote something dumb in the "about me" section, and forgot about it. Years later I'm googling my real name - and it turns out the dumb "about me" section is on the first page of results. Now I tried to login but the server where I signed up went out of order, so I had no way of accessing my account. Also it turns out that the post was logged on a different server's webpage where I couldn't log in with my account either (or maybe I could've had I known the right password - I'm not even sure how the system works tbh, just that it's somehow decentralized). In any case after multiple emails to the webmaster over several years it finally got deleted.
Also briefly used mastodon, but yeah it basically seemed like some sort of discount mix of Twitter and imageboards, combining the worst of both. But idk, I'm sure there must be some interesting corners there too.

>>57385
It's been around so long that it's probably too late to even consider that it might "lift off" in a sense of wider adoption
>>
No. 57507
>>57213
> 2021
> gf
That's so 20-th century. Let me tell you a gossip that I've recently heard. A guy (let's call him Ivan) is 146 IQ machine learning genius, who contributed a lot both to commercial products and fundamental science. He moved from Russia to Civilization. Then Ivan met in Discord another guy who (let's call him Boris) is 20yo yet still didn't finish school, but is very interested in Haskell and automated theorem proving. So Ivan asked his company to relocate Boris. Now Boris sleeps under Ivan's bed and wears collar. Happy end!

Seriously speaking, I'm not interested in males or functional programming. Also I'm too sonbasket to emigrate. I just need a substitute for IRL social communication. Also it's curiosity, as I said I have a feeling that I'm missing something.

By the way, your opinions about Interpals? How easy is it to find American land whale to satisfy her or him in exchange for Green Card? just kidding
>>
No. 57508
My experience with discord is that I use it as a messenger group with extra features, like channels and bots to help do stuff.
I don't use it to "network", or find things I am not sure what they are, because that, in my experience, is a dangerous mindset. I am now trying to expunge this "browsing" mentality, and only use the internet for things I KNOW I need, right this moment.
So, I find discord groups for things I need to do, like having a place to talk to specific people I know, or a channel dedicated to one particular topic.

If I start using social media (I will probably have to soon, just because work stuff), I will try to use it the same way: talk to people I need to talk to, be in places I know I need to be at.

The internet used to be a place to find new things, but now it is a trap, it is now tuned to find YOU, and feed you things you don't want or need. Ironically, I think now that the normoids have all been consumed by social media, the best place to find interesting people is IRL. Once I learn to plan my finances better, I want to join some IRL hobby place, like a book club or drawing class, whatever.

The internet nowadays is designed AGAINST making real human contact, you will be treated as "content" just as you are forced to treat others as "content". When I go on my brainless youtube binges, I "meet" hundreds of people, but never directly interact with them. They're just usernames attached to some content, and I only engage with the content. Forums were unironically better, at least you'd get to know some people, because there was a relatively small group of regulars.
Same with online games. Lobbies are designed to turn players into human-driven AI characters. You press the play button, get put into a game with some randoms, and never see them again. Back in the dedicated server era, servers were communities, not networks.

The internet is fucked, time to disable javascript.
>>
No. 57509
>>57507
Interpals still exists?
I was there in 2012/2013 and met a few people, some of whom I still have (sporadic) contact today, but it really was never much more than pen pals. Schedules were just too different for making actual language learning lessons worthwhile.
Additional information: It was mainly women and girls from beyond Caucasus whom I conversed with.
Also one funny african dude who told me he was a cook and when I asked him what he cooks he said fried chicken with rice :-DDDDD
>>
No. 59052
437 kB, 1344 × 645
98 kB, 1271 × 350
>>5456
This thread is still up, nice!
After 8chan died I found late.city as a replacement for the late board. Unfortunately, they did not really recover any of the small niche boards that actually made it an interesting place to visit. That and /film/. There was also a board created for my University that I made with friends and was the board owner for a while. Perhaps it's for the best that the small niche communities that once existed there largely fled the site and created their own websites. Unfortunately, /late/ was a pretty slow board on 8chan (around EC speed), and late.city is even slower than that. The threads are also not as a good as they used to be on 8chan (near the end the threads also started to degrade) . The "dream thread" on EC right now reminds of threads from late. I also really liked the "stream of consciousness" thread were people drew the thoughts they had when extremely sleep deprived (it sounds stupid but it actually created some very interesting/strange imagery). Unfortunately I don't believe I saved it (and if I did I wouldn't be able to find it anymore).
>>
No. 59306 Kontra
>>57331
Some interesting reviews for that game:

"As a Pole i finally understand the Reaction of Germany against the poles, which the polish government marked as unprovoked. this game is full of Propaganda and ignores the Poles own imperial Ambitions, as well as the fact that they pushed the britons into guaranteeing defence of poland from germans, which actually started the war. Also this game frequently shows polish civilians (as in non combatants, which do not even get shot until they fight combatants) killing Medics... This game is Propaganda and does not show the full picture. As in Poland Grabbing parts of Prussia and Not allowing for Return of the German City of Danzig (Gdansk), which were in actuality the one reason why Germany attacked Poland. Thanks polish patriots for lying about your own faults in the bigger picture to your own kind and others."
>>
No. 59722
97 kB, 1146 × 1117
https://nitter.net
https://teddit.net/
https://piped.kavin.rocks/

Twitter, Reddit and Youtube mirrors / front-ends for when there's some information you need on a shitty social media website, but you don't want to deal with the bullshit.
Especially the fact that many platforms are now subverting the very principles on which the internet was built (that is, access to information by hyperlink), by blocking you from seeing anything unless you log in or use a phone app.
Something that used to be a dark pattern practiced by shady warez websites is now a common practice on these "reputable" and "respectable" platforms because they know they have enough power to strongarm people.

I don't give a fuck about Facebook or Instagram doing it, because there's not a single megabyte of worthwhile information on these websites, but Reddit and Twitter are archived repositories of useful information that is often linked from elsewhere, so this practice is destructive and disgusting.

Maybe in a while, social media cancer will excise itself from the internet and turn into standalone apps, and we can retake our motherland.
The idea of a free market on the internet does not work. ALL websites eventually congregate into a few digital UTILITIES, analogous to utilities in real life like water/electricity. Twitter is the internet's notification system, there can't be two. Youtube is the internet's video repository, there can't be two. Reddit is the internet's de facto discussion platform. Subreddits obsolete the idea of having a separate website for a community. There only ever needs to be one search engine, and Google is it. And so on and so forth. It took some while for basic needs like water and transportation to change from privileges to necessities, so maybe in a couple hundred years, the internet will be the same.
>>
No. 59723 Kontra
>>59722
Also, the entire front-end functionality of twitter and reddit can be implemented without a single line of javascript, holy fuck.

AND the user experience improves. What the fuck do silicon valley people get paid for?
>>
No. 59725
>>59723
>What the fuck do silicon valley people get paid for?
My guess would be to make people addicted and to milk as much data out of them as possible.
>>
No. 59726
>>59725
No, the addictiveness is there, I just tested it lol. That would be the backend peoples' job anyway.

First time surfing those sites in months after they literally barred me from using them, and went into several rabbitholes already. In fact, they briefly broke my addiction by not letting me use their websites, or making it a big pain in the ass lmao.

I just don't get it.
>>
No. 59732
>>59722
Well, at one point I broke and actually made a Twitter (tm) account just to avoid this. Luckily I ended up deleting it and am now free from that hellish site. I only check a single account, but I can make do without an account.