/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

Currently at Radio Ernstiwan:

Hail Odin! by Christenklatscher666

M3U - XSPF

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 62724 Systemkontra
207 kB, 1024 × 683
>>
No. 62727
My google-fu is too weak right now, but how large would a structure have to be so you could see it from the ISS?
Like if I went into the desert and drew letters there, how thick would the lines have to be?
>>
No. 62730
>>62714
> social fascist who supports neoliberal economics
> interact with cultures in a non-fetishistic manner
Hehe, goes to my collection. What does the second phrase mean by the way?
>>
No. 62732
>>62730
His next sentence was "so I participated in the ritual of Black Friday" I mean muh niqqa, I don't even do that and I'm an American. It seems to me that he was right and you need to stop approaching reality in a neoliberalism worshipping fetishistic manner :-D my Hungarian friend.
>>
No. 62733
>>62722
Philology could be at the root of my problems insofar as I have the terrible habit of acting like a political chimera for fun and mimicing language.
Even though I'd like to say that my innermost political feelings are "based on reality", in fact, I ultimately turn everything into a consequence-free language game of sorts.
But then again, he comes from a politically conscious household, while I never really got a political upbringing from my parents as someone who's the first to go to university and such.
I don't live my entire life "politically consciously" so to speak. Or if that's "impossible" then not politically consequentially.

>>62730
Basically the charge is that I do not interact with the "true, living-breathing" cultures of today, instead I interact too much with the past.

>>62729
I WILL NOT DRINK FROM THE CUP I WILL NOT DRINK FROM THE CUP I WILL NOT DRINK FROM THE CUP

>>62732
That's just me sarcastically spewing phlegm. Because despite participating in it, I look down on it.
Even though it was materially good for me. But it was bad for my soul.
>>
No. 62734 Kontra
>>62733
>politically conscious
means either retarded leftists or retarded rightists. It's like being "religious" or "atheist", two sides of the same coin (of shit).
>>
No. 62735
>>
No. 62738 Kontra
1,9 MB, 240 × 180, 0:09
The beer exited my system and I'm no longer mad, just sad.
>>
No. 62739
>>62733
The only answer is to double down.
I suggest you pick up a iching divination kit for Christmas.
>>
No. 62740 Kontra
>>62739
Jokes on you I sent the link for the I Ching edition I want for Christmas to my mother today :D
>>
No. 62742 Kontra
>>62734
Ach, Gebruder Grimm, because "liberal-democratic" politics don't exist, right? The amount of people who present themselves as politically minded and tend to cater to this politics is quite high.
Whatever, there is no need to make a shitty discussion out of this retarded comment on retards.

>>62733
My household isn't political either, I was the first to attend an actual university (but I was interested in political phenomenon and society and related things before I entered university). He just wants you to become class conscious.

>Philology could be at the root of my problems insofar as I have the terrible habit of acting like a political chimera for fun and mimicing language

Philology is detailed work, more or less its own world, very academic, very Geist, and that it has no sense for "real life" in a way. In Germany we say Orchideenfach.
>>
No. 62743 Kontra
>>62742
>Ach, Gebruder Grimm, because "liberal-democratic" politics don't exist, right?
What do you think retarded leftists are?
>>
No. 62746 Kontra
>>62740
Auspicious fortunes...
>>
No. 62747
I am closing in on 30 and only now realizing that making things kinda takes a long time.

Finishing stuff is a skill in itself.
>>
No. 62749 Kontra
>>62743
>Everything that is not right is left
>>
No. 62751
>>62733
Well, for me it too seems a bit weird to be interested in something old, mythical and unrelated to current world, while China has so extraordinary present and recent history.
Still it's a matter of each person's taste and choice. And I don't understand how is it related to the rest of those guy's accusations.
>>
No. 62753 Kontra
>>62749
Not what I said (at all), but it's indeed true.
There just is no true center anymore, unless you call that amorphous CDUSPD blob the "center". I hope you didn't actually think I was talking about actual commies/nazis - just to be clear, I was talking about people who think the heute-Show is funny/good or people who earnestly read the BILD.
>>
No. 62755 Kontra
>>62753
Reminds of how I read a book from the 1980s (German book) in which there were paragraphs on how today what is contested is not whether right or left but what these even are, and what can be called left or right. This is crucial as it helps legitimize certain actions.

Heute-show is capitalist progressivism, so they are liberal democrats who want inclusion but not the abolishment of capitalist democracy. Rights on the other hand perhaps want homogeneity but democracy, or authoritarian structures, hierarchy of various sorts, inclusion for some but not for others, I'm pretty sure within the right there are conflicts on what to archive, but there are baseline views on what the world should be and not be like. There is a middle and it tries to uphold certain conflicting tendencies. A state and capitalism, but also progressivism, but capitalism necessarily will produce exclusions, some right people will welcome that as they think that is how it should be.
>>
No. 62756 Kontra
>>62743
When the alleged right became the woke right and started behaving this way in a pandemic, they officially became more retarded than leftists hugging Chinese in Italy. I don't give a fuck about your feelings or how offended you are at this point. I just want this bullshit to finally end.
>>
No. 62757 Kontra
>>62756
>I don't give a fuck about your feelings or how offended you are at this point.
Ben Shapiro has entered the thread.
>>
No. 62762
>>62757
What would Ben say if I say facts don't care about feelings, but what about the fact of feelings?
>>
No. 62763 Kontra
>>62756
Got your booster?
>>
No. 62766 Kontra
>>62756
We get it. You're deranged and utterly unlikeable yet still have the nerve to keep up this transparent truth-to-power LARP because you think you're too smart and important.
>>
No. 62771 Kontra
25 kB, 229 × 73
84 kB, 0:08
>>
No. 62772 Kontra
>>62766
I have no idea what that idiotic buzzword salad is even supposed to mean but yes, it's transparent that you guys got on some unbelievably retarded shit at this point and the overwhelming majority of the country knows it from conservatives to leftists.
>>
No. 62774 Kontra
>>62772
You're not half as smart as you think you are. Do everyone a favor and throw yourself into traffic.
>>
No. 62776
Do you know that feeling when sleeping with Serenity?
Holding her, caressing her, or just feeling her against your back.
Whatever happens on a given day, at night, when all is peaceful, it's just you and her and now sorrow.
Then you find yourself alone at night, alone with your thoughts.
Intrusive ones, unpleasant ones, or those that could wait until tomorrow, but they won't.
And they won't let you sleep, because there is no Serenity. You're alone, all you are feeling is your blanket and only your blanket.
And you get up again and drink, because it's the only thing that can dull those thoughts, but it also dulls your senses.
And eventually you'll be sleepy enough to sleep without Serenity, but it won't be a good sleep.
>>
No. 62788 Kontra
>>62774
All you ever do is projection. Nobody does a "transparent truth-to-power LARP" than as someone else noted, standing around virtue signalling by burning masks in a state without a mandate, or running around with thin blue line flags doing your alleged truth to power LARP pretending to be some retarded armchair revolutionary by not taking vaccines. I am vidya ernst. I already gave my thoughts on how a fundamental aspect is respect that nobody in the country cares about anymore. Liberals were also unbelievably believably retarded at the start, and still act like retards such as pretending we should keep borders open because open borders is their reflexive solution because "racism" or some stupid shit like that. Even still, the Q train went so much more full retard by now I have to deliberately avoid a non-political issue because of the loud retard yelling in the middle of the living room.

I don't like talking politics because as I also pointed out I think it is stupid sports teams tier shit. You, yourself, are one of those examples. Liberals got a thorough and deserved drubbing, and now the same is going for those of you guys who decided to stop being Conservatives and start being woke. I just like discussing science, art, and videogames, but if you want my personal opinion I think that you're both retarded, and as of 2021 the woke right is now more publicly retarded than woke left. I should also add that the whole reason I abandoned KC a year before it officially closed for good and exclusively stuck to discussing vidya was because you guys ruined the whole board, until the last year you finally began sabotaging even our vidya discussions. You are an allegedly sapient cancer that ruins everything you touch. Now go speak "truth to power" by not protecting yourself and your family from a virus I'm sure liberals on the internet are truly horrified and saddened by your lack of having done so.
>>
No. 62798
12 kB, 474 × 474
A Chinese supplier sent me a bunch of Christmas themed stickers. I will drive to the local primary school and hand them these stickers.
>>
No. 62799
Sometimes I go to relevant threads on random messageboards and post my 1000 word copypaste on why anime is shit, then reap the butthurt.
>>
No. 62800
>>62799
Based
>>
No. 62802
>>62798
Do you think they will ask you why you still aren't married and have kids?
Or do you think they will chase you away because you're handing out stuff to little kids?
>>
No. 62803
>>62802
>Or do you think they will chase you away because you're handing out stuff to little kids?
I think he doesn't mean to hand them out to the kids directly but give them to some school employee instead.
>>
No. 62806
>>62802
>>62803
My plan is to just hand it to the first adult I see. It's the same primary school I went to, so I wonder if I'll recognize some faces. Children are coronavirus reservoirs so I'll be avoiding them.
>>
No. 62810 Kontra
>>62806
Stickers delivered, Christmas saved.
>>
No. 62811
95 kB, 800 × 800
Rate my oligarch chocolate. It was 3,90€ for a 40g bar fresh money on my bank account made me spent it as I was looking for a chocolate that can accompany a Christmas gift. I'm really curious how it tastes, but I will wait until there is a good moment (hopefully) as I'm busy the whole week.
>>
No. 62812
48 kB, 458 × 458
246 kB, 801 × 801
Had some of this Gunpowder Tea an hour ago and now I'm so noided I feel like I won't be able to sleep today. Should probably use about half the amount of it next time.
Now I'm cracking licorice flavored sunflower seeds like a madman to maintain some sort of energy output.

t. unexperienced tea drinker

>>62811
>40g
c&a

Though now I'm also curious how whiskey flavored chocolate tastes
>>
No. 62813
Prepared some American-Chinese Dish today. It had ketchup in the sauce, but quite nice tbh and the starchiness of the sauce is what I was looking for, thicc sauce.

>>62812
>Though now I'm also curious how whiskey flavored chocolate tastes

Quite good tbh. I'm not a whiskey drinker at all, but With chocolate it is delightful. I really like chocolate, the sweet I'm most prone to spent money on and go expensive. There are miles between some of these chocolates and a grocery store Milka or Ritter, hands down. Once you go that, you never go back :^) (no, really, the sweetness of Milka or Ritter becomes so prominent when eating them it is not a real joy anymore)

Also is green tea really that brutal? I was drinking green tea for a while in my early 20s and I don't remember it being so heavy. Nowaways if I drink coke after 5pm I have sleeping problems. Grandpa tier.
>>
No. 62816
>>62788
>All you ever do is projection

That's fucking rich as if you haven't been screeching hysterically about everyone to the right of Bill Burr uninterrupted for years. You bitch constantly about Republicans and conservative punditry, which is all fine and good (fuck the Republicans, fuck Fox News, fuck Conservatism Inc), but holy shit, to claim that I'm projecting is too fucking rich for words. I don't bitch half as much about the Democrats, progressives or the American Left (however we choose to define it) as much as you do about the American Right. You also labor under the premise I give a shit about the Republican Party or American Neocon-controlled activists which should've been dispelled long ago, but no, you keep acting as if I'm some back-the-blue, anti-masking, anti-vax, Fox News watching boomer tard. It's you who injects your partisan shit into every conversation. It wasn't until you had to be a ghoulish prick and gravedance on that Newsmax pundit that I started laying into you because, as the Irishman and I both pointed out, you went way too fucking far with the culture wars bullshit. Speaking of which, every time you complain about "kulturkampf" rings hollow in light of your bitching about because you seem mad you're not controlling the conversation, so when confronted with opposing information, all you do is move the goalposts and strawman the shit out of anyone you're arguing with.

Ultimately, these conversations do not matter because we are two small men talking about affairs much greater than everyone on this board combined, but don't act as if I'm the one who's frothing in hostility here.
>>
No. 62818 Kontra
I just found out why I find americans so irritating:

They all have the exact same way of writing. On the chans, in newspapers that aren't explicitly highbrow, internet "journalist" articles, doesn't matter.
You can tell it's been written by an american right away in the same way seemingly every american youtuber has the same nasal, effeminate voice with a cunty cadence.
And having to read posts on EC that I could read EXACTLY AS THEY ARE also on the 4chins ist something that I don't like.
The whole country is completely homogenized, like a big game of Mad Libs and it's just the current [ENEMY] of [MY TEAM] and [HURR DURR]while the rest stays the same, the way of arguing, the general diction and complete ignorance of anything outside.
>>
No. 62820 Kontra
>>62818
They keep saying there are many of them. I learned to distinguish only two of them, one of whom makes 90% of their posts. He likes words like "FUCKING", "LITERALLY" and "AT THIS POINT".
>>
No. 62822
41 kB, 432 × 535
>>62820
Two (or three) Americans, one or two Russians, one Hungarian, one Brick, one Australian, one Portuguese, one swizz, and max. four Germans. Ireland and Norge sometimes. We are basically around 10 people.
>>
No. 62825
>>62822
I think there are four Americans: that shrill Vidya Christian, the RAC loving half-caste and two others who on extreme occasion make thoughtful effortposts. There used to be more Americans, but it's dwindled down to maybe three.
>>
No. 62832
>>62825
There are probably more than just me and our resident Christian, but yeah, we (especially God Squad here) tend to take up the vast majority of all American posts. He tends to stick to the vidya threads whereas I am all about music.

>>62822
Don't forget B E L A R U S! He's a cool guy.
>>
No. 62833 Kontra
>>62822
>>62832
Oh, and Metalpunk Catalan. He's probably the closest thing I have to a fellow traveler on this very board.
>>
No. 62839
>>62825
At least four Americans confirmed. You, the two others you referenced, and me. I used to make more wideranging effortposts, but lately have been sticking to the Today/Drawing/Radio threads. Now, with the information found in this sequence of posts, all non-Americans should be able to distiguish us from one another except for brick, as he ranks the entire nation somewhere below anime and isn't likely to waste mental energy parsing our personalities :D.
>>
No. 62840
>>62839
Nah, I think you're one of the good ones.
Just shows that even Americans can overcome their nature if they're raised right.
>>
No. 62841
>>62832
>>62833
Right, Belarus sometimes posts. Haven't seen the Catalan for a while, he was only ever in the music thread though, I guess.
>>
No. 62843
>>62839
>all non-Americans should be able to distiguish us from one another
It's still not that easy when you are out of thredas most associated with you, and same goes for Germans, actually. Yeah, it's not difficult to notice, say, the Autism Murrican because of his fuckhueg posts full of rants and outlandish shit like Mormon space colonizers plowing through the vastness of Universe, or the Deleuzo-Guattarian post-meta-moderno-structuralist German because he's incapable of writing a post without inserting something like "episteme" or "digitality", but pointing out RAC outside of music threda or a movie German outside of movie threda is not as simple. Still, the ability to distinguish you all between one another seems pretty worthless to me, and the only point in it that I can come up with is throwing ad hominems at you guys :-DDDDDDD.

>>62841
>Haven't seen the Catalan for a while, he was only ever in the music thread though, I guess.
He also sometimes posts in the movie threda, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
No. 62845
>>62825
How the fuck am I shrill? I don't normally post about anything to do with religion and post instead about airplanes, space, science, art, and vidya. Yes I am Christian but I essentially never post about it. Why, did I hurt your feelings while trashing a game as shite or something? Or is it [agree on many things] but insert [finally agree with the loud annoying leftist about rona] because [tired of watching my stock shekel gains evaporate] therefore [hurr durr]? Which is exactly why I've avoided your retarded butthurt since we still had a KC. In fact I think I posted about why I think sport teams hooliganism applied to anything is retarded, as can be seen for this very reason.

The main thing I even posted was explaining my logic about respect for the same reason I try not blowing my cigarette smoke at people on a public sidewalk. Pretty sure you're the shrill American at this point, or at least one of the two.
>>
No. 62851
>>62845
>How the fuck am I shrill?

Opening your post that way isn't helping your case. How would you describe the tone of these posts? Not shrill?
>>62147
>>59871
>>59872
>>57716

>>62845
>Yes I am Christian but I essentially never post about it.

Dude, that's definitely not true. You may not talk about religion in most other threads, but you've definitely posted about it notably, making references to Mammon worship and other biblical concepts. In the religion thread (which is geared for theological discussions), most of the posts are entirely from you:
>>22870
>>62317
>>
No. 62853
232 kB, 1920 × 1038
>this thread lately

>>62813
> American-Chinese Dish
What exactly? Been looking for some new recipes to try since I have a large Asian supermarket nearby now and most of the time I still wander the aisles and just look at stuff like an idiot

>the sweetness of Milka or Ritter becomes so prominent when eating them it is not a real joy anymore)
Been mostly eating dark chocolate for a while now, can't stand most sweets now though I supposedly used to lick chocolate and dip it into sugar as a kid. Guess I make an exception for Rum-Traube-Nuss.
Just bought some dark chocolate with orange zest inspired by your post btw :D

>Also is green tea really that brutal?
I haven't ever really felt much from it until now either, maybe it's the type, but perhaps I just used too much and let it brew for too long.

>>62843
>a movie German outside of movie threda
Haven't been posting much in other threads to be fair - but you can probably tell my posts apart by my inflationary use of hyphens recently :D
>>
No. 62856
Today I had to deal with customer service and product return. I am never buying anything again on a whim. It's even worse because they hire clueless young girls.
>>
No. 62857
>>62856
>clueless young girls.
She wanted the rooster, descartes.gif
>>
No. 62860
>>62853
>What exactly?

General Tso, also Chinese Brown (garlic) Sauce. The thing is you don't need anything special from the Asian market to prepare these, the Chinese immigrants did not have them as well. It's usually soy sauce and oyster sauce, some spice and corn starch to make it shiny and thiccc.

>dark chocolate

But even this can be quite sweet sometimes in comparison. The orange zest is a good choice so, works well with chocolate.

>>62856
>worse because they hire clueless young girls.

I let you in on a secret, it is not just young girls that are clueless, customer service is clueless in general. Oh boy, don't remind me I have to call my internet provider. I spent a few hours last time until I was told to phone my old one in order to get the new deal running. These people have no clue really, how should they anyway? Reminds me of being a mailman/delivery driver and people complaining about issues I don't know fuck shit about, I'm here for delivery, not internal issues I have no clue nor insight on, I don't know why your mail/order takes this long.
>>
No. 62861 Kontra
968 kB, 500 × 270, 0:02
>Book finally arrives after weeks of waiting
>It's only volume two
Why can't fucking anglos make proper listings when they're selling something?

Just as my morale was about to recover. I fucking hate this.
I keep autistically asking myself "why can't things just work?" and really, why can't they?
Wrote to the fuckwits, now we wait to see if it's a shipping or a listing error. God I hope it's a shipping one and I'm not stuck with a set I'll never complete.
>>
No. 62862
There, you've done it! Because of all the chocolate talk I went and got me a 81% cocoa Ritter Sport (because they were on sale)!
>>
No. 62878
Through a complicated series of events, I've bumbled my way into having taken upon myself the obligation to give my sister a Christmas present. I felt compelled to buy something today so as to stop going over what to buy in my mind for the next 24 days. But see, if I buy something now - she can't return it and leaving the option of returning the item for its cash value is common courtesy.

>>62861
Salute to the merchant. A devious plan to rid himself of an that book. Now it sits on your shelf, staring at you.
>>
No. 62881
I come to the today thread and it also turned cancerousmostly from that one shrill American

>>62816
Who is you, you absolute retard? You're going on a tirade about I don't even know what at this point. I didn't say most of what you just accused me of and then went on some rant the likes of which I see on youtube all the time. "Hey guys you know that industrial hydraulics is cool, but you know we would haven't invented it if democrats and liberals had their way. Here is my 5000 word essay on why the democrats are secretly Socialist pedophiles on your industrial machinery video..." It is like you can't help yourself. I've seen someone compare you to furfags, and I think it's true now. No matter how unrelated anything is, you simply can't help yourself but start screeching hysterically about dumb political shit.

>>62851
Not all of those are mine you imbecile, and no I don't talk about it much. Why would I make a thread, have discussions, and then later be clueless about the thread's existence and say I should've checked the catalogue to see if there was a religion thread, particularly if it was something I'm allegedly obsessed with? Why are you personally obsessed with this alleged person? It is like you are some solipsist who thinks every single American post other than yours is one person. We have at least four Americans, including the two shrill political ones and yes I absolutely am including you as one of the two shrill Americans, in addition to however much leaks from the pedophilic septic tank who come over here to shit up the place. For awhile I assumed both you and the leftist were crossposters from k*hl. I don't know why you are obsessed with hating Christianity either and I don't care.

Shit I don't even remember what I came here to post about anymore and trudging through the sewers of the top two threads.

>>62811
I thought that was whiskey at first and thought wow strong stuff. Then I realized it was 70% cocoa.
>>
No. 62885 Kontra
2,4 MB, 2:40
>>
No. 62898
I just ate a sandwich with some slightly toasted bread and again hurt the top of my mouth on one of the hard-baked protrusions when it pushed into the tissue while biting and now I can play with a loose flap using my tongue.
>>
No. 62901
>>62898
I had this two days ago, but without the flap, just hurt.
>>
No. 62905
Today is the national restoration of independence day. A day off for everyone to celebrate us regaining our liberty from the Spanish yoke in 1640.

And today I'm forced to work, because a Spanish client decided to contact me over something. They wrote their e-mail in Spanish too.
>>
No. 62907
I wish every day was work from home day; I wish every meeting was stay in pajamas remote viewing day.
>>
No. 62909
>>62905
lmao they know exactly what they're doing.
Imagine I drew a smug pepe with a spanish hat oppressing a crying portuguese wojak.

>>62907
Home office is nice if you have a dedicated room.
Home office is not nice of you have to set up your office in your living room, thereby not gaining an office, but losing a living room.
At least I can listen to my music over my good speakers and shitpost the whole day, provided I don't have a meeting via MS Teams (of which there are many).
>>
No. 62925
>>62909
I suppose you are right. I have a friend who's been doing that with a kid to take care of for years now and realize to what extent public school is genuinely just taxpayer funded mass daycare and that's all anyone even gives a shit about, but also to one extent why they need itor for mothers to actually be in the home rather than have their labour exploited by corporations for the private benefit of one rich useless cunt. On another hand, I can also see why it's such a hassle because good Lord do I not want my private space and my pajamas to become permanently tainted by workI suppose I at least don't have a kid and so those problems were not had.

How much do you guys think things will just be switching to virtual? Because it seems to me that the number of people who would rather be in office every day dwindled to a tiny minority, as well as I suppose the possible horrors of brick and mortar stores going the way of Hollywood Video or whatever that VHS store was called. I really don't want to deal with a bunch of Chinese online nonstop please God no Apparently even places like Price Chopper and Walmart are shifting to an online sales model. I wonder what the world will be like if everybody just conducts all business online, makes the checkout girl obsolete, works online, and socializes online.

I don't know what that world would really look like but I'm sure it's going to end up terrible.
>>
No. 62929
>>62925
I think digitalization will just progress. I am working close to the IT sector, so we can do basically everything through remote stuff and the company has grown so much that there isn't enough room on site anymore anyway, and some of the older colleagues have moved to permanent home office (one guy lives a few hours away and he had an apartment where he lived under the week and I think it's really cool if someone doesn't have to do that anymore).
As far as stores are concerned, that's nothing new. A big electronics retailer in Germany has been switching to online store stuff slowly but steadily for a few years ago. I can tell an anecdote from when I went to the store to pre-order Blood and Wine (because they shipped it with a deck of Gwent cards) and the guy told me to order it online. I stood there and was a bit perplexed because I was asking myself what this guy's job even was and if he was aware that in a few years he'd be out of a job.
>>
No. 62934
165 kB, 790 × 1000
Turns out the listing was shit.
So I will never fucking have volume one at a reasonable price. Ever.
But hey, at least they offered me a refund. Or a book of similar value. Which is cool. But I'll take the money.
I'm disappointed. Honestly. How the fuck do you even get hold of a second volume of something without the first one in the first place? Especially if it's something like a more specialised edition of a philosophical work that sort of assumes the owner was conscious of its value.
(Though it's not that rare now that I think about it. I see lose volumes of the seminal Hungarian classic edition of "Ancient Chinese Philosophy in Three Volumes" and that's sort of an expensive and "technical" book made for students of philosophy and Asian cultures.
My descendants will now be stuck with a 2nd volume of the Zhuangzi for the next ten thousand years

Went to the library of the Far-East Institute again. This time they had a box out with like 10-15 books.
Asked the librarian what those books are there for and apparently the library doesn't need them, so it's "up for grabs". Not for free but more along the lines of "pay what you feel like paying". I owned a lot of the stuff like the Classic of Tea or the novel "Flower in the Sea of Sin" and Lin Yutang's "My Country and My People", but I found a book on Chinese foreign and domestic policy from 2012, a huge, exhaustive textbook from a prestige press on rhetoric and also a Chinese novel titled "Story of a good marriage", translated from the German (where it's title is "Geschichte einer glücklichen Gattenwahl" but actually got corrected using the Chinese text. Chinese title is 好逑傳。

Didn't have any money (rather, I had no cash on me) on me so I asked the librarian to put them on hold for me, though she said that "It's more than likely no one would take them even if I didn't put them on hold, since so few people come here."
Still, it's on hold, and next week when I have applied-classes in-person then I'll pick them up with cash. Like 4 euros should be enough I think.
That rhetoric textbook is a real treasure.

I'll have my end of the term exam in Chinese next week. They brought it forward a week because the 'rona-regulation says that the week after that they can't hold in-person exams.
All the other exams will be online. Which is a blessing.

Working on a translation of the Butterfly Dream from the Zhuangzi. It's actually somewhat of a challenge. Scratch that, it's actually a real challenge because it has some compound words :D
>>
No. 62935
Remind me one day to post a picture of my translated copy of about a decade's worth of PLA bulletins from the cold war. It was a pretty ebin find at the big second hand bookshop here.
>>
No. 62947
I came up with a new phrase.
"Modus fuckaraoundi"

It's when you have a very consistent and predictable method to doing things, but said method is to just wing it every time.
>>
No. 62950 Kontra
2,6 MB, 640 × 464, 0:03
>>62934
>pic
This one goes into my Mao collection
>>
No. 62951
>>62947
So your modus operandi is just to wing it?
>>
No. 62953
50 kB, 480 × 598
It seems the next Wednesday will also be a national holiday. I've already booked a meeting with an Englishman for then and it's too late to change it.

I've spent the Day of National Restoration speaking to Castillians and I'll spend the day of Day of Immaculate Conception with a protestant. Truly one can not serve two masters.
>>
No. 62955 Kontra
61 kB, 750 × 936
>Asked to write a critique of a fellow student's translation
>Write in my introduction "overall, I liked it a lot"
>Proceed to talk about the things I didn't like about it
I'm a fucking rat, aren't I?
>>
No. 62956
50 kB, 960 × 724
>>62955
I hope you are polite and argue on the grounding principles of literary studies and don't treat it like opinionated American treats a piece of art.
>>
No. 62957
>>62955
Reminds me of that time we had an exam in german class and the teacher only wrote good things in it, just to give me a 4 (third worst grade).
Fuck that asshole.
>>
No. 62959
Does anybody else get some kind of "fatigue" feeling in their head when thinking really hard?
Like if you were working with a heavy tool and your arms get heavy, but instead it's a weird kinda pressure-y feeling behind the forehead.
>>
No. 62960
20 kB, 370 × 267
>>62955
>>62957
Reminds me of the time I did my diploma thesis, and both my Professor and my mentor from the company I did the thesis for would grade it, and the average of those two would be the final grade. Normally you had 3 months to complete it, but everyone's time was extended to 6 months, because apparently 99% of all students had "exceptional conditions" (like very sick parents they have to take care of) which would justify this - except me of course. So I worked hard and was done 2 weeks early, then I asked my mentor with whom I worked closely together on the thesis if he thinks I should add or modify anything, I still have some spare time. And he said no, it's fine the way it is. So I was sure that this would be a 1.x grade (1.0 is best, then comes 1.3, 1.7, 2.0 until 4.0, and after that it's failed) from him. When I got a 1.7 from the Professor who wasn't known for dishing out great grades I thought that the final mark could only be 1.3 or 1.7. But then it was 2.0, because Mr. It's fine don't change anything gave me a 2.3 - which might sound good but was actually a sub-average mark for a diploma thesis.

I was mightily butthurt, but since I got superlucky on the oral exams shortly afterwards it kind of evened out. And afterwards no one even cared about my grade when applying to jobs.
>>
No. 62961
106 kB, 500 × 556
>>62956
Obviously I based my criticisms on sound aesthetic and linguistic grounds while also mentioning that a lot of my points might be subject to criticism based differing views and literary tastes.
I might be pedantic but I'm not a barbarian.
>>
No. 62962
>>62960
Eh, at least the grades had some value. I know of an institute where basically everyone gets a 1.x and you have to be an 89IQ retard or flip off the professor to get anything worse.
And as you said, nobody really cares afterwards.
In fact, they also mostly don't care about your certificates and bullshit, just about "experience". A few years as a nobody who doesn't know anything in something related is way more valuable than being someone who knows their stuff coming right out of uni.
>>
No. 62964 Kontra
243 kB, 1200 × 1200
>>62960
>But then it was 2.0, because Mr. It's fine don't change anything gave me a 2.3
Evil, satanic even.
>>
No. 62966
>>62960
Reminds me of that time during first year sociology class oral exam, the final question was to talk about the concepts of nations vs ethnicities, the difference between them, etc. That should be, like, a high school topic, not a uni, but this is kazakhstan so whatever.

So I gave me answer, talking about how despite the concepts of nations and ethnicity being closely tied, nation is a political concept, while ethnicity has more to do with culture, language, and genetics, yadda yadda. I gave an example of kazahs vs kazakhstani, as well as the numerous ethnic groups who live in kazakhstan, comparisons with other countries, etc. I even made a point to mention the fact that did you know that kazakhstan has over 106 ethnicities?!!!?!? Kazakhstan civilized and tolerant!!!1111. For some reason, this talking point was almost required.

Well, I was failed on that question, one of her comments being, "uhm, kazakhs are a nation, an ethnicity is more like the chuvash, uyghurs, etc.". So, in all her years of teaching this class, apparently, her takeaway was that an "ethnicity" has the same meaning as when angos use the word "ethnics" to describe minorities. As in, ethnics are subhumans who don't have their own country and have to live in others', while kazakhstan is mighty nation with its own territory and STROMNK!!!11.

Well yeah, I stopped caring about education after that.
>>
No. 62973
31 kB, 1228 × 134
Bought a chocolate bar from a small chocolatier. It has a caramel and salt taste with hints of vanilla. The taste is quite heavenly. I could snack away the whole bar. I bought it to compensate for 1.5 stressful weeks, just another week and I can relax more or less. A few calm days before the Christmas holidays.
>>
No. 62974
89 kB, 1600 × 777
61 kB, 1280 × 622
The invasion of cats into my commieblock stairwell continues.
>>
No. 62976
>>62974
Does it smell like piss everywhere more than usual?
>>
No. 62977
79 kB, 1600 × 777
111 kB, 1280 × 622
>>62976
Not yet.
I don't know if it gets cleaned up, or there's some secret place where they poop and pee.

The stray dogs seem to be mostly keeping to the outside, though. Maybe they're less affected by the cold.
>>
No. 62978
>>62929
>>62925
You know what is even better than working from home? Not working at all. Fuck yeah the best part about days off is waking up as close to noon as humanly possible. I got real goddamn close but so it goes.

But oh lawd
>>62816
is dat some butthurt.
>living in your head rent free
lul I haven't even been posting much lately. Dis gun be gud.

>>62825
I think it is fucking hilarious that you actually have the balls (or self delusion) to call yourself a good poster, but then again the stupidest of people tend to think they're brilliant and that everyone else is the problem.

I'll lay it out for you retards
>>62816
There is this hysterical screeching fat retarded mentally ill unemployable faggot who is genuinely autistic and mentally disturbed enough to first of all spend his every day is a day off work days trying to identify and catalogue American posters which is funnier because he sincerely believes every American must be the same one poster who made him booty devestated about some shit nobody cares about like 8 years ago on KC. The biggest irony being first he decided I must be that same person and now because he has an actual B cluster personality disorder complete with holding petty internet grudges for years now he's raging at

>>62881
this tendies munching fat Jewish pedantic autistic boomer who probably works in IT or some shit and somehow despite claiming to be le epic oldfag doesn't appear to know how the quote and reply function works on an imageboard and in spite of his droning pedantic autism also somehow doesn't seem to know how parenthesis works or anything else than spoilering, which I do know is le EC wayevery once in awhile I'll use it and I won't fling shit at people here for it but you are somehow enough of a manchild you think le rational centrist makes you more enlightened when really you're just too chickenshit and retardedly Conservative to really call anyone out but just not dumb enough to realize what epic fucking mental defectives retards really are and always have been you just haven't yet figured out they're pro-virus pozzpigs because they have a pathological need to be consistently wrong about every issue.

>>62833
Then there is the fat probably unemployable autistic Paki from Texas with a druggie family whose posts somehow manage to transcend the autism of EC itself and only because he doesn't post like an absolute dipshit do I somehow not strongly suspect he's the same person as the previously mentioned unemployable mentally ill dumbfuck who I'm pretty sure is the BO of that failure of a board /kc/ over at 8cancer, which is just as well because he still gets to spend all his time surrounded by future terrorists, pedophiles, and creepy psychopathic failures that wish they were Ted Bundy so at least he is generally in good company until he comes to shitpost here.

In case you wondered, fagstick, yes I am and have been so unbelievably smug I wish you could see my face :) all year long :D The past 13 months have been nothing but pure joy for me. You didn't have either the dignity nor wisdom not to chimp out in January, or to totally eclipse
>SHE CAN STILL WIN!
that lasted all of what, a week? Several days? instead giving us literally months worth of
>HE. CAN. STILL. WIIIINNNNN!
But I'll save that one so as not to ruin the today thread worse than you already managed to. Really I was swinging by to announce the Omicron SARS 2.0.1 made its way to California and New York City so far, which means more red boomer remover is well on its way but I just wanted to emphasize yes you dumbfucks left me grinning ear to ear all year. I can't wait to see you flip out on the next American who realizes you are a spastic mentally ill moron because you seem to believe in your cluster B head that surely every American is the same person or a conspiracy and it can't possibly just be that youre retarded and so are your beliefs. Trying to talk about people instead of events and identify people on anonymous boards sure is fun yeah?
>>
No. 62979 Kontra
This place is radicalizing me into anti-Americanism.
Ernstchan is an EU funded project to end Atlanticism.
>>
No. 62980
>>62979
WE should make it so only americans see each others' posts.
>>
No. 62982
103 kB, 1084 × 1076
Don't worry my fellow germbros, I got this, I will reclaim our title as this boards most unpopular nation with this very post.
>>
No. 62983
>>62979
Yes! Remember your past! Remember your heritage brother! One currency, one army, one EU. Be the proud continent you were meant always to be. Reject altanticism in all forms))) The future destiny of Europe is Europe.
>>
No. 62984
61 kB, 2880 × 1254
>>62979
Oh no, here, have some Atlantik-Brücke! It will cure your ills. Selbst Bier schmeckt nicht so fantastisch, wie es eine kühle Coca-Cola tut, Kameraden!

I ignore the Americans fighting in the parking lot pretty much, I don't even know if it's just two or three who are arguing. Is this how me and the other German get perceived when we devoured in our autism as worldviews collide.
>>
No. 62985
2,7 MB, 1000 × 1362
>>62984
German bickering usually has some interesting topics underneath it. The American version is like shartpost blood sports.
But yes, I understand this posting does not detract from the greater goals of transatlantic partnership and development.
>>
No. 62988
>>62984
I don't know how this idea came into being. There were at minimum 4 main ernsts but I have difficulty telling who was who. If RAC and the mentally ill neet faggot are two different people for example that makes five and I completely forgot about all the smaller posters like birding America for example so there could be several more who just dont get noticed because they dont fling shit at each other (which is usually started by the unemployable screeching buttfrustated pozzed guy I should add) and dont usually write as many textwalls and so on. This is also ignoring that I again remind you is usually that one super butthurt resentful virus incubator lashing out at random posters for fuck knows what reason this time and trying to drag down the entire board into discussing posters like a bunch of housewives rather than discussing ideas.
>>
No. 62991
292 kB, 1200 × 1558
>>62979
It's da fucking BRITS!!!
Once I joked in today threda about kilt, but I forgot to mention that it was designed by anglos to humiliate scots with their textile industry.
For 500 years straight those island fuckers were accumulating social and political capital, and now like demiurges they can move us like pawns in their 4-d chess, rewrite humanity's history and make up culture for entire nations.
And Americans despite being fat and silly remain the last force since 1917 which is able to confront them.
>>
No. 62992 Kontra
319 kB, 443 × 532
>Have to translate half a chapter from Alice in wonderland
>"I can do it in two hours"
>30 minutes until deadline
>Every second line is a fucking pun
Why do I make my own life harder?
>>
No. 62994
476 kB, 1770 × 2048
>>62992
Pride comes before the fall.

Also, tomorrow I will have an informal talk about dissertation project again. I wasn't able to write a text that makes it more concrete. I mean this is all informal and not really serious since I still have a year or so, but that's not that far away and I'm always shit at making decisions when it comes to long projects. It feels like I did not accomplish a goal that I deem important. All those ideas and thoughts go together like a trash dump. It's like building a house from that dump and at the moment it is more like poking the dump with a stick and looking what somehow might go together, but the vision is not really existent.
>>
No. 62995
530 kB, 847 × 735
>>62994
I did it. Only 10 minutes late.
Only part I'm actively dissatisfied with is how I accidentally turned one of the puns into a poop-joke.
But we will have to revise the text later anyway, so it's no big deal.

Honestly, Kosztolányi must've shat blood translating this during the 30s. I have so many tools to check and re-check words, meanings and context while he had nothing compared to me besides his knowledge of the language and maybe a dictionary.

>Also, tomorrow I will have an informal talk about dissertation project again.
Same. I'm going to talk about my thesis with a lecturer and ask him if he'd be willing to supervise me. I don't want to do it last minute, because it's not like a 5 page high school essay I can shit out in two hours.
>>
No. 62998
931 kB, 1200 × 675
>>62977
I mean, wolves live naturally in Russia of all places so yeah. They pant to cool off in the summer and the fluffier breeds can really struggle. There's some breeds like newfies iirc that can actually die if you just leave them by and don't keep them soaked in cool water I think. Some dogs literally need cold.

Oh god the thread
You know that time I started talking about that smug, condescending thing I hated about Battletech? Yeah. That's why. You are both shrill fuckwits, now please find a suitable parking lot where I can hide the threas

>>62991
Honestly having them as our personal lapdog is pretty funny considering our history and origin story. I think what pisses me off the most about the 1953 coup on Iran is it's the cockroaches that finally found a weak, dumb enough US president to actually do it. On the plus side we sucked them into our retarded war in Iraq their former colonial territory where many a British life was ruined. Shame they couldn't shoot straight at Henry. Also that whole ruining our Southern coast thing, which while many are retarded down there it's still my coast and the British that ultimately did it. I personally think we should never pass up a chance to humiliate that small island but we basically need it to land in Rammstein. That's really about as important as England is nowadays; England is as important as Qatar. Probably less so because we can still use Iceland or Ireland.
>>
No. 63000
>>62978
>>62881
Both of you type while massaging your prostate, so it's forgivable to think you're one and the same. Same shitty passive-aggressive snark, same vocabulary, same shitty belief system, same armchair psychology, same, same, same. It's amazing nobody has thrown either of you fr a roof.
>>
No. 63002
>>62994
>I'm always shit at making decisions when it comes to long projects.

Everyone is, that's why things like calendars, notebooks, todo lists, time tables etc have become a common tool centuries ago. We just weren't taught at school how much we suck at long term planning and how to use a planer properly.
>>
No. 63004 Kontra
>>63000
I don't have the "same belief system" or "armchair psychology" and I'm not passive aggressive, in fact all that applies to you so much it's almost making me wonder if you get bored and have retarded arguments with yourself because no one else wants to argue with you. You are every bit as hysterically shrill, smug, condescending, 4kanker terminology and style etc. style. So far as I can even tell, neither of you has any actual interests and only seem to come here for cringey sports team political bitching. Every single other poster on this board has actual interests and hobbies; you two don't. All I ever did was say that yes, the thing about the pandemic I realized is stupid, especially once I actually got the shot and saw the thin needle and realized I'd been lied to, and usually tried to avoid the topic altogether except when I basially saw it as me being disrepectful the same way I don't smoke next to nonsmokers on a sidewalk and a few other posts. Had I realized you would start shitposting that much I would have continued in wisely ignoring the topic. He was right about you and weird internet grudges for disagreeing by the way.

>>62978
And you are no better. I'm not Jewish, I don't eat tendies, am not fat, and actually work for a living unlike probably both of you. You sound identical to him in tone and have seemingly no real hobbies or interests. You are both cancerous. I'm spoiling this because this can fuck off to a [-] thread and I don't feel like hiding this one.
>>
No. 63015
Managed to get banned from 2 message boards today.

Feeling pretty accomplished. Sometimes I wonder if I'm retarded and autistic, or if people are just too dumb to get my incredibly subtle and intelligent sense of humor.

Such as going on a feminist message board and writing a long post about how males are an interplanetary race of parasitic lizard people who use women (actual humans) as hosts for their larva, like a wasp does to a caterpillar. And that originally, humans (women) reproduced asexually, before being genetically reverse engineered by the male space lizards into partial infertility. Then calling everyone who disagrees a male larping as a woman.

I think there should be more progressive conspiracy theories, why does only the right get to have fun with them?
>>
No. 63019
>>63015
Did you do it for the Lulz?
Also, what do you understand by "progressive" conspiracy theories? Is gender studies already a conspiracy theory? Postmodernism in general? Lots of antivaxxers are hippie retards, though I wouldn't describe hippies as "progressive". What about anthroposophers? Strict raw vegans?
>>
No. 63020
36 kB, 347 × 480
>>63019
Also, if we consider political movements associated with the soviet union to be progressive, then we have plenty of conspiracy theories. I don't know about your hippies, but ours like homeopathy and do believe it's unfairly suppressed by Big Pharma - then again, not really political.

I think right wing conspiracy theories are just mire entertaining. Thulean aryans being attacked by Zionist-Reptillian mind control waves will always beat anything the most lunatic of progressives offer. Ancient prophecies and lunar cults are more easily transcribed to a far-right interpretation than progressivism.
>>
No. 63021
>>63020
Ah yes, homeopathy, totally forgot to mention it, but yeah, our hippies (and not only those) like homeopathy. It's actually pretty crazy, because if you read up on it, you could make a cartoon out of it like that South Park episode All about Mormons.
What's even funnier is that homeopathy used to be forgotten until the nazis revived it and today it's mainly left/green people who are into it.
>>
No. 63022
87 kB, 794 × 659
>>63019
Well, conspiracy theories require an assertion that there's a hidden, uh, conspiracy going on. In your examples, antivaxx is the only one that fits the bill.

Here's another example: Progressive identarians are all secretly right wingers putting on a clown show to discredit the movements they act as caricatures of.
t. REAL progressive

>>63020
Wait til you hear about the beliefs of Nation of Islam.
Neopagan schizo-occultism ain't got shit on this absolute Kino mythology.
>>
No. 63023
>>63022
Oh yeah I missed you meant actual conspiracy theories.
I was inferring from the "feminist forum" that you are looking for groups that are susceptible to wild conspiracy theories.

Also, don't talk shit about my master Yakub, you white devil.
>>
No. 63024 Kontra
>>63023
Ah shit I meant you black devil!
>>
No. 63027
>>63021
>homeopathy used to be forgotten until the nazis revived it
Now this I must research.

>>63022
I'd consider this to be hyperborea for blacks though. Nation of Islam even engages in Holocaust denial. Another victory for far-right occultism over petty progressive theories.
>>
No. 63030
442 kB, 1632 × 1539
>>63004
Start sumo fight already.
Really, you have said all of this to him 10 times. You think, eleventh time will make difference? You need to have last word in argument so much? You can't sleep well when someone is wrong is internet?

>>63015
Well, progressives are just boring people try be scientific, at least to larp as such, so they operate with abstract entities. If there is an evil and almighty force in their worldview, it's usually something non-personalistic like patriarchy or capital (what however practices anthropomorphic behavior). It makes them look more highbrow, but it makes them less interesting.
There are counterexamples like pic related and "covid is as deadly as plague, billionaires are hiding it", but that's rather exceptions.
Ah, forgot "Bush did 9/11". It were progressives back then who popularized this idea, weren't they?

>>63020
> Also, if we consider political movements associated with the soviet union to be progressive, then we have plenty of conspiracy theories.
Anything interesting? I mean something except genocide denial and blaming CIA for faults of socialist countries.
In Russia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulles%27_Plan is widespread it doesn't exist, but it works.

> In November 2016, the text "Dulles' Plan for the Destruction of the USSR (Russia)" was included in the Federal List of Extremist Materials [5] [6].
XD
Someone must collect all what is included there and publish like a single edition.
>>
No. 63031
>>63030
Just noticed "trending" section on a pic. Nice =D
>>
No. 63033
78 kB, 373 × 512
44 kB, 720 × 540
229 kB, 600 × 741
>>63022
> WE WUZ KANGZ
We have same thing here. Fomenko, Nosovsky, you know them. And sure you know that Jesus is actually ancient Russian mage named Radomir. Slavs are truly BIPOC.

> Here's another example: Progressive identarians are all secretly right wingers putting on a clown show to discredit the movements they act as caricatures of.
Every Jew and every homosexual is a potential British spy. However this only works when those two groups are heavily stigmatized. So when Americans started to normalize those things in 20-th century, it was a big "fuck you" to British lords ruling our world. Now think, does all the SJW propaganda make people feel more sympathy to jews and gays, or exactly the opposite? Who benefits? So who is behind it?
>>
No. 63034
55 kB, 800 × 450
>>63030
>Anything interesting? I mean something except genocide denial and blaming CIA for faults of socialist countries.
The CIA/NATO is an ever present entity in these conspiracy theories. My favorite recent one, published by the Portuguese Communist Party on their website, is that the West wants to destabilize lawfully elected president Lukashenko so they can steal the wealth from tractor factories owned by the Belarussian proletariat. They push a lot of things that are either directly or indirectly in line with Moscow-backed propaganda, from Ukrainian fascist genocidal pütsch of 'maidan' to Navalny being a neonazi and a Washington agent.
On topic, things from their adamant refusal to brand North Korea as a non-democracy That's what NATO imperialist wants you to think!, to officially denouncing WW2 as a plot by the western allies and great capital to weaken the great socialist motherland.

These gain some interest, because they are coming from a large and well-established party here, by its official organs and not by one errant militant or a small breakaway group. In the case of smaller communist groups, they are far more lunar. In my personal experience with the Maoists, I had their General-Secretary tell me that Portuguese police were purposely imposing coronavirus restrictions to stop Maoists from organizing the proletariat. That up and down the political spectrum of our nation, all parties colluded together against True Socialism embodied by the Maoists, for how much they feared the unstoppable force of a party with less than 1% of the vote

Ultimately, they fall into the very same siege mentality as other militant and isolated groups do. A small section of true believers against the evil and pernicious powers that be, that have lulled the masses into apathy. I guess it is all just so run-of-the-mill and what you'd expect that it lacks the sense of novelty that other conspiracy theories have.
>>
No. 63035
>>63030
Progressives aren't scientific; they're scientistic. There's a big difference between the two.

Also, the notion progressives, liberals and leftists are compassionate by virtue of being humanists is downright laughable. Most of them are psychotic true believers who claim monopoly on all things good and cloak their perceived virtues within the herd. They're as much moralistic herd animals as anyone on the Third Position or right-wing. Since they claim ownership of "good," anyone they dislike is "evil" and thus deserves things done to them that in any other context would be considered "evil": murder, torture, rape, penury, suicide, eternal hellfire, you name it.

Bear in mind this moralism isn't even ideology specific. Anyone from any creed or belief system can subscribe to this mentality because it underscores their own individual weakness. They hide within the herd because they can't fight on their own. All in-group vs. out-group mentality. Nothing more. Nothing less.
>>
No. 63038
>>63002
It's not so much organizing myself has making a decision, I think what you point at is about organizing your project not the decision what this project should actually be about. Though some detailed planning has to go into the structure of said project which means certain decisions have to be made and you maybe need to organize this as well. At least one could organize the decision process itself in a way, but I'm not sure how they might help. I have a note system that I feed but it easily helps me drown in saved knowledge.
>>
No. 63039
173 kB, 2840 × 1262
24 kB, 648 × 288
>>63034
Well, it's easy to believe in any bullshit about faraway foreign lands. You can me tell me complete nonsense about India and I won't recognize it as such because I'm completely ignorant about this country. I don't have any information about it which could contradict lies so it won't signal me "something doesn't add up here".

>>63035
They are the most mysterious group of people to me. I can imagine psychological mechanisms that make people /pol/tards or tankies for example. For so called "progressives"... not so much. Picrelated puzzles me hard.
Kaczynski while destroying them with facts and logic pipe bombs and ad-hominem wrote that they are Lisa Simpson type wonks. Another explanation is that there are lot of overly compassionate people among westerners, and this trait plays cruel joke on them I'm not speaking about such people in Russia, here it's another story, very understandable.
>>
No. 63040
I'm not sure whether leftist conspiracy theories suck because le materialism is incompatible with schizo mysticism, or because a lot of them are actually true lol.
Member the United Fruit Company? Member the Banana Wars? McCarthyism?
How bout the murder of Frank Little?
>>
No. 63042 Kontra
>>63040
Well, here's a common one that's bullshit:
CIA flooding African American neighborhoods with crack cocaine to poison the youths.
Fake and zestless, no hidden 7th dimensions truths, no spiritual warfare, no nothing.
Even half normal American conservatives have better theories, like abortion being a ploy by the elites to commit mass infanticide.
>>
No. 63043
168 kB, 533 × 800
Does anyone have their "destroy the freak" instinct kick in when they see a child? Especially if it's white / slavic.

Whenever I see one, I get this brief image of punting the little shit across the room.
Especially pic related. He looks so fucking puntable. With the dumb expression on his face, and the stupid fucking yacht club outfit.

I'm not the only one, right?
>>
No. 63045 Kontra
>>63043
I'd tie your dick to a horse and race it in the opposite direction, but you'd take it as free gender confirmation surgery.
>>
No. 63046
>>63045
Keep your erotic fantasies for yourself please, this is a safe for work board.

Anyway, if you think about it, children are just deformed, ugly humans with fucked up proportions. The only reason they look pleasing to the eyes our evolutionary programming that compels us to take care of them. I, on the other hand, am too intelligent to fall for such animalistic impulses, and see the little freaks for what they are.

Now that I think about it, maybe this is the real source of my hatred for anime. Anime characters are intentionally stylized to look like children, after all. It all makes sense now.
>>
No. 63047
67 kB, 433 × 955
>>63046
Counter: anime evokes that feeling of hatred from me, but children are okay.
>>
No. 63048 Kontra
>>63046
We actually agree that children are generally obnoxious, narcissistic, sociopathic, greedy, needy monsters; effectively "necessary evils" for lack of better metaphor. Of course, we both know some break the mold and are quite pleasant and will grow up to be promising adults, but too many fit the previously mentioned characteristics.

What I take issue with is this:
>especially if they're White/Slavic

I am consistent with my desire to see anti-Whites suffer the worst for threatening my race and refuse to let the future of my people, even the foulest of brats, be compromised on account of their racial identity.

That is why I fight.
>>
No. 63049 Kontra
>>63043
Yes that's normal, white people should be killed
>>
No. 63051
>>63043
>He looks so fucking puntable. With the dumb expression on his face, and the stupid fucking yacht club outfit.
>yacht club outfit

Are you sure that is not just a British wee lad in is uniform? There is a reason why they are called island slavs for sure.

Also, you discriminate against children because they don't cater to any idealism or rationalism is my made up observation.

>>63048
Whites not always thought of themselves as whites. Your race is a spook, a selft understanding that had to be made in order to be deemed true.
>>
No. 63052
>>63047
Hm, maybe we have different causes and effects. We're all unique but equally valid, and that's beautiful.

>>63048
I think you misunderstand, the way children act, or conduct themselves, or their personality traits, do not come into the equation for me. It's a purely visceral reaction to their appearance.
I mean, don't you get this visceral urge to destroy when you see genetically deformed people? Some part of your brain goes "uh oh, bad genes, kill it", before you consciously suppress it. It has nothing to do with their personality.
That said, I have nothing against people who are ugly or deformed, I think some of them can be great people, even Americans sometimes.

>I am consistent with my desire to see anti-Whites suffer the worst for threatening my race and refuse to let the future of my people, even the foulest of brats, be compromised on account of their racial identity.
Ah, I see. Again, I think you misunderstand. Race has nothing to do with it. It's just an unfortunate coincidence that white children remind me of bipedal swines, with their pink skin and light fuzzy hair. It's not racism, I just don't like how they look.

>That is why I fight.
Thank you for your service.

>>63049
Never said anything about killing. I think even the frailest white child can survive an occasional punt.
>>
No. 63054 Kontra
>>63048
>That is why I fight.
Thank you for keeping us safe.
>>
No. 63055 Kontra
>>63051
>Whites not always thought of themselves as whites. Your race is a spook, a selft understanding that had to be made in order to be deemed true

Yes, Stirner. In ideal circumstances, you'd be correct that race wouldn't be a relevant concern especially in a society where White people would be overwhelmingly dominant in all spheres of life AND were ≥85% of the population. But we don't live in such circumstances. We live in a society where entire demographics, from education to media and social messaging, have been trained to hold White people collectively in contempt. It doesn't matter who the White person is. They effectively believe every White is part of a reactionary oppressor caste that cannot be rehabilitated and must be destroyed in the name of their racial self-interest.

White Nationalism is best understood as a wholly American movement to remedy certain political circumstances unique to this country's long and complicated history of race relations and also represent the interests of Amerikaner people (see what parallels I'm drawing?) adversely affected by current domestic policy and contemporary interpretations of Federalism. The American Left effectively created the necessity for White Nationalism because many relevant leftists (and an even larger swath of social liberals / progressives) working today in this country believe wittingly or otherwise that the American project is premised on the notion that every White American is part of a a privileged reactionary oppressor caste that colludes to collectively dispossess everybody else. It's obvious that Poles, Russians, Latvians, Northern Italians, Southern Italians, Germans, Dutchmen, Swedes, Finns, Magyars, Frenchmen, Anglos, Irishmen and ethnic mixes that still identify as White all have little in common with each other and would be feuding with each other in different circumstances, but that doesn't matter at all to non-Whites or their political leaders (whoever they may be) especially when they have shifted the discourse from equality to equity. They think every White person owes them something for the crime of being born White.

White Nationalism now is more relevant than ever because we now have former Presidents openly talking about Reparations. At this rate, Blacks might very well get their wish because most White Americans are complacent cattle and too politically unengaged to oppose it. As long as the economy functions well enough to keep a big enough swath of people sated, the average person will tolerate just about anything.
>>
No. 63056 Kontra
>>63055
You don't understand, whiteness is a concept, not people with minimal pigments in their skin. Your post is based on that concept but you think it is about actual skin color. You don't really think that the problem here is an actual biological differences of the skin. You cannot think that because that is not what you think, otherwise your post would be very different, the whole concept of whiteness informs your post but the actual difference in skin color is not what concerns you. Nobody of the people you don't like hate you because of your white skin color but because you deem whiteness a true and rightful concept, this concept includes superiority over all others that don't belong to what you claim whiteness is about.
>>
No. 63057
>>63040
The question is how much "true" here means "universally accepted". Left wingers are "on the right side of history" so we see our past through their bias.
For example, we all know that Sacco and Vanzetti were unjustly condemned in murder and executed, because they fought for workers rights. Truth was more prosaic than tale about heroic martyrs so it was not supported by creative class which shaped public opinion Heeeere's to youuuu Nikola and Baaaaart....
In a same way, 10 years later if someone will still remember about Kenosha shooter, they will say something "he was white supremacist who assaulted and shot three black peaceful protesters". You see dishonest headlines in media and think "they make our side look stupid", but the thing is -- this is how people will remember the whole situation in future.
>>
No. 63058
Guys, wanna check some hypothesis. Without refreshing your memory with wikipedia or other sources tell briefly what "Battle of Waterloo" was about. If you hear about it for the first time, that's OK, just tell it.
>>
No. 63059
>>63058
From my memory: 1815 Napoleon got rekt for a second time coming back from his first exile after his defeat at Völkerschlacht at Leipzig 1813, gathered an army and was defeated by some prussian general, maybe Blücher, not sure.
>>
No. 63061
Man, baiting americans into schizoposting is so easy.
Almost like punting a child...
>>
No. 63062
>>63058
>tell briefly what "Battle of Waterloo" was about.
Without refreshing my memory: Napolean turned France into an unstoppable nation-eating machine, until the battle at Waterloo where his lust for power was finally stopped.

Fun fact: Napolean's lament has been captured in a widely known palindrome: Able was I, ere I saw Elba!
>>
No. 63063
>>63056
>Nobody of the people you don't like hate you because of your white skin color
Speak for yourself.
t. Proud melanin enriched individual
>>
No. 63065
>>63043
Were you never put into dumb clothes by your parents?
I'd rather stomp a cat than kick a kid.
>>
No. 63066
>>63048
I'm so sorry you all had to see this
Jesus Christ what is with all the shitposters lately

>>62724
I am home at last and it's now the weekend, thank God.

>>63061
And now you see why I just stick with talking about video games. Also art and science. See this is why you shouldn't punt children, because some of them may survive the head trauma and subsequently come on here sounding like a living parody. The next time you want to punt a child just think "his potato head may grow up to post on the same internet I do some day."
>>
No. 63070
>>63065
And I would do neither.

Goddamn, I miss my kot so much. I've had dreams about him in my lap lately.
>>
No. 63071
I had an early online class today, so I went back to sleep afterwards, only to oversleep and be 30 minutes late for Classical Chinese. Funny, because one of the example sentences this lesson was: 與其遲到, 不如不到。, which would be something like "compared to being late, it's better if he doesn't come at all"
Anyway, I asked the lecturer if it's ok if I choose a classical topic for my BA thesis instead of something modern and he said yes, and that he'd be happy to supervise me writing it, so now my task is to look at the Hanfeizi and find a few interesting chapters (and then he will choose the one for me I can tackle.)
Though he was surprised I decided to get this done a semester ahead of schedule. (As in, I don't need to submit a topic and a supervisor's name until next september). Apparently people prefer doing it the other way, and some hardly ever meet their supervisor.

Gotta prepare for my exams next week this weekend. It's gonna be brutal.

>>63035
>Since they claim ownership of "good," anyone they dislike is "evil"
I don't think they outright call everyone outside their tribe "evil". What I've seen is that the initial reaction is that they will call them "stupid" or "indoctrinated" and only evil if the "enemy" put up a good fight, then they're not misled, but actual "agents of evil" who are the root of the disease, actively spreading the thought.
Kinda like how you treat a simple pagan believer versus how you'd burn a druid/shaman if you were a preacher.
At least, that's what I've seen IRL, online and when we talked politics with my friend. The enemy "being educated", "having their reasons" and "viewing things through a different paradigm" to believe what they believe is impossible to process for a lot of people. Not just for liberals/progressives.

>>63058
Napoleon escapes from the prison of his perfidious captors and tries to save Europe once again from the British, only for his troops to get too eager and disobey his orders, rushing into battle.
Rotschilds profit immensely from insider trading following the early news of Napoleon's loss.
>>
No. 63072
>>63071
Obviously, most will just feel intellectually/morally superior because they have a vast support system to affirm their narratives and other preconceived notions. Same is true for the vast majority of people irrespective of creed or ideology.

If you don't mind my asking, how do you feel about Mátyás Rákosi, the 1956 uprising and János Kádár?
>>
No. 63073
181 kB, 1920 × 1080
>>63046
>deformed, ugly humans with fucked up proportions
Deformed humans with strange proportions are not necessarly ugly. And your disgust for their appearance make as much sense as the attraction to it.
>>63042
USA is a puppet state of Israel. Anti-sionism has the wildest left wing theories and even then there's still some half truths and the wildest shit is shared with the right wing antisemites.
>>63058
Napoleon lost a decisive battle against the roaches near Waterloo.
>>
No. 63074
>>63073
Deformity is ugly by default. Symmetry is beautiful. Attraction is a different thing and not necessarily coupled to to beauty.
That said, was that boy you posted supposed to be an example of a deformed, ugly person?
I really can't tell anymore who is taking the piss and who not.
Must be the influence of shartposting.
>>
No. 63075
>>63035
Did this guy seriously go on a shrill rant all today and yesterday? Get a damn job.
>>
No. 63080 Kontra
>>63056
>Nobody of the people you don't like hate you because of your white skin color

This isn't remotely true, but you won't listen anyway. One the few liberal associates from school I stay in contact with, a guy who shares none of my beliefs on race and has a Black girlfriend, was subjected to the most intense struggle sessions by Black peers for the sin of failing to be enthusiastic about whatever they were mad about. In said friend's case, the issue was BLM between 2014-2015. They eventually cowed my friend into parroting their beliefs and saying he shouldn't comment on racial matters simply because he's too privileged to speak. Being denied any part of the national conversation on race solely because you're White speaks to the deep-seated animus a massive swath of Blacks and their political leaders have orchestrated.

All the other Noel Ignatiev/Tim Wise-esque bullshit about the White race being a "concept" isn't remotely worth addressing because this society will still see you as White no matter what. I'm not interested debating that because the entire framing serves no greater purpose than to deny White Americans a reason to collectively bargain for racial self-interest especially when I live in a country where diversity training is an $8 billion dollar industry, where Whites feel compelled to lie about their racial identity on college admissions forms, where "White" is always used in a pejorative tone and even the word White isn't treated as a proper noun whereas Black is according to the AP style guide, where people like Tim Wise and Jane Elliott are considered uncontroversial, where a deluge of sleazy clickbait feels sufficiently confident to issue blood libels against White people for Kyle Rittenhouse and where healthcare providers terminate White men's employment and still appeal after justifiably losing. Sorry, Whiteness-as-concept is inherently self-deception. White people are a distinct group with collective interests, and nothing will convince me otherwise. What matters most is getting every other White person to start caring.

I won't be discussing this any further because nobody will care until they're made to care.

>>63075
>Get a damn job.

Try being self-employed or independently wealthy, faggot.
>>
No. 63081 Kontra
50 kB, 960 × 539
>>63080
>I-I'm not going to discuss this because I'm so fucking right
Sure thing mayo, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
No. 63082
>>63074
>Symmetry is beautiful.
Just got triggered.
[insert schizo ramble about visual composition and shape design in art]

>>63057
Tbh, all statements about reality are, on some level, fiction. Even when I go straight to the source of some information, I notice that I am inclined to interpret or frame it a certain way based on my own beliefs, biases and previous knowledge (lack of). Journalism is nothing more than the act of writing very recent history, and history is a narrative.
Doesn't mean you can't tell a good story/fiction, though. I just think that the people who are formally in charge of writing the narrative of society today, are very bad storytellers and should be ignored and/or put in front of a firing squad.
>>
No. 63089
>>63080
Schizenu were you born around 1997?
>>
No. 63092
On the topic of conspiracy theories:

I have come across the idea a few times that the SJW/american race stuff that really took off the last years was started as a divide-and-conquer tactic by the 1% because Occupy Wall Street drew too much attention to their undertakings.
Is that a right-wing or left-wing conspiracy theory?

Also, brick talking about reality and fiction made me wonder what motivated people in the first place to doubt the veracity of what their senses transport to their brain and how the brain interprets it. Was it just schizos not knowing about their condition?
>>
No. 63097 Kontra
>>63092
More rightwing. It is dubious though, since the conflict lines are not really that new. The "culture war" is way older, but the internet as a massive communication system makes a difference to the spread of opinions, it's a matter of scale that is relevant for the take off, not the actual positions, so there is no need to artificially create a divide that has always existed. And on the left, Occupy Wall street is not deemed a success, so you will rarely find an actual leftist that thinks OWS was a danger to the capitalist class. Also, take notice that since the 1970/1980s socio-economic shifts have happened that might play into the reception of certain worldviews.
>>
No. 63098 Kontra
>>63092
>made me wonder what motivated people in the first place to doubt the veracity of what their senses transport to their brain and how the brain interprets it. Was it just schizos not knowing about their condition?

Perception that (regularly) is quite far away / outside of what you previously experienced in your life. Something is just not "right" anymore. And if one is lucky, one thinks about why this happens, why it might be implausible to think what you think is true or what you experienced is actually true. And btw it is not like you actually perceive the things like that, your brain also just interprets normal things quite differently which is the more problematic problem. That is my personal experience. And I used metacognition without knowing that it is called like that and a labeled phenomenon to escape a twisted state of mind.
>>
No. 63101
>>63092
>what motivated people in the first place to doubt the veracity of what their senses transport to their brain and how the brain interprets it.
I think certain forms of mental illness can be a factor, if the sufferer has enough self awareness to notice their own thinking patterns.

It becomes apparent that you are not actually the author of your own thoughts, you do not control your own behavior/mind, and that you do not perceive sensory stimuli unfiltered.
People who never had to confront their own (malfunctioning) minds are blissfully unaware of the fact that their perception of "reality" is a story, written by one part of the brain, read by another.
>>
No. 63106
>>63098
I don't think I quite understand. You mean cognitive dissonance or life experience changing your point of view?
>>
No. 63110
Finally met a former acquaintance from school who is a bigger loser than me. Feels good man.
Tbh, I always knew he'd become a failure at life, since he's a BPD narcissistic fuckwit.
Strange to see someone without a phone, asking me to "lend" him beer money, to also claim that he rents a flat at an elite apartment block in the center of the city.

I must raise higher, become better, until I mog every single one of my schoolmates, even the ones born to wealthy parents.
>>
No. 63111
23 kB, 267 × 268
AAAAL! Let's have sex!
>>
No. 63112
>>63110
Then again, he's had more sex than me.

But one of the tales about his sex endeavors was absolutely disgusting. Apparently, he and his entire class got some muslim girl drunk at a party, and ran a train on her.

I'd rather be be undersexed, that's absolutely vile.
>>
No. 63113
>>63106
None of those, at least I don't see how they fit what happened. As I said, I did what is called metacognition without knowing that a term exists that captures the phenomenon. I'm still fascinated by the phenomenon and that such things occur in people. Mental disorder as vehicle/medium for insights/ knowledge / Erkenntnis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacognition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacognition#Mental_illness

A regulation of cognition wasn't easy while it happened. But afterward, I was thinking about it and how my own thoughts don't make sense, are absurd and how my thinking might be due to certain circumstances, thus not "real". To this day the lines between what was made up and what was real are blurry. It was like an awakening of of fragile what we usually call reality can be. Come to think of it, this episode of my life had a lasting impact on me and might explain why I'm fascinated by going meta.
>>
No. 63114
>>63072
Rákosi is probably to the left what Szálasi was to the right.
He was completely detached from reality when it came to economics and methods. (If you call Leninism "Marxism applied to the Russian situation" then he just applied Leninism to Hungary without much thought.)
He did a land-reform (which probably any sane party would have done at that point) and did some industrialisation, but neglected what the country was good at (light-manufacturing) in favour of Stalinist heavy industry, for which Hungary both lacked the infrastructure and the resources.
Kim Il-Sung called him "Stalin's best pupil" and a "Big brother to us all". I don't know anyone who defends the guy.

56 was the result of both Rákosi mismanaging the economy and also the party having a power-struggle, so while people were rioting the streets the cadres where trying to smear each other in front of Moscow. Rákosi gets told to fuck off and escapes to Russia, Nagy acts too independently for the liking of Moscow and gets ousted, which leaves Kádár in charge afterwards.
The party credits him with "putting down the counter-revolution" and that basically legitimises his rule for the next 30 or so years.
The protests and the street-fighting is romanticised to no end, but it really was decided between closed doors in Moscow and Budapest, not on the streets. (Especially considering the Americans and the Soviets agreed that if the West is allowed to intervene in Egypt then the USSR is allowed to intervene in Hungary.)

Kádár is interesting in the sense that his Goulash-communism could have been so much more had Moscow not constrained him in regards to foreign policy. It could have grown into "Socialism with Hungarian Characteristics" or something like that (Basically what Imre Nagy wanted in a way, to change doctrine so it's compatible with the country's strengths).
I don't consider him to be a bad leader necessary. He just did what he could do and then also did what he was forced to do by Moscow.
He should have left the scene by the mid 70s to make way for more economic reform and younger cadres instead of holding onto power.
Most people say life was good back then, I've seen even intellectuals smilingly recall their time in the "happiest barrack" of the "Democratic Camp".
He's definitely above average for this country, even if he did some bad things.
>>
No. 63115
>>63113
I still don't quite understand. What was that defining event you are talking about?
Skimming through the article it sounds like something that naturally comes when thinking, because when you are approaching a problem from different sides you will eventually end up looking at yourself from "outside" and think about how to approach your approach differently when you notice it doesn't work, or did I completely misunderstand it?
>>
No. 63117
>>63115
>What was that defining event you are talking about?

What defining moment? The moment I realized I might have a mental condition and what happened is not just "real"? Or how I got a mental condition in the first place?

>Skimming through the article it sounds like something that naturally comes when thinking, because when you are approaching a problem from different sides you will eventually end up looking at yourself from "outside" and think about how to approach your approach differently when you notice it doesn't work, or did I completely misunderstand it?

Well, I think that is part of metacognition and it comes "naturally" as naturally as I started it without needing a guide to point the way to go meta on my thinking. For me it is not so much about solving a problem as in algorithms that work or not, but to problematize my own thinking, why do I think what I think, what is the condition and pattern of my thinking, and what does people say about this phenomenon, what is the problem with that thinking and then well ofc "solve" it by finding an answer to the first question. I examined myself and came to the conclusion that I have a mental condition due to X and Y, I looked for explanations why I think what I think, that my perception and interpretation might have been warped due to certain things, because these thoughts were far away from all my thinking beforehand all the years, it was like a switch turned.

A simple example: do you know this guy KC /b/ was making fun of sometimes(there were several mentally ill people found online and KC talked about them) he had a wife and was uploading videos to Youtube about being gang stalked and such. Oftentimes it was the ambulance and how ((they)) make noise terror in order to wear him out. This guy never thought about why he was thinking this. Simplest alternative explanation to the absurd one of noise terror is that their flat was close to a hospital or a big street that the ambulance drivers like to use because it is a fast route. I mean I lived near a hospital as well and know how many ambulances come and go during a day. You see and hear a lot of ambulances in comparison to people who don't live near a hospital.
>>
No. 63118
>>63117
Conspiracy believers never seem to ask themselves why they think as they do and why they hold their believes or why people say ok you are talking shit for some months now.
>>
No. 63120
>>63117
Yes, I meant that moment of realization.

Do you mean "Strahlenopfer" or whatever he was called? I never participated in any channel celeb threads, all I know about people like Polonski, Wolfgang, Jana, Hurenbernd or however he was called and whoever else was popular at some point I know from osmosis when they were mentioned elsewhere.
>>
No. 63124
>>
No. 63125 Kontra
>>63120
I cannot pinpoint the moment exactly, but at one point I realized from reading and thinking that I might have that mental condition and it would explain some things. But in order to get there, to find that out, you have to know something is off and that there is an explanation that is not on the immediate social/more or less immediate environmental level. What I mean is: explaining what happened does not work with what I think happened, I had to get "behind"(meta) that level. I had to find out why I thought this is what happened. I cannot even tell, I had uneasy situations at the beginning of that year several years ago a few times, it exploded in summer, I felt completely lost like I totally loose ground and then continued, dunno for how long. Thinking about it. Came into these situations a few more times after the summer, all in all an uneasy situation that was like 3 months long and about 20 situations where I went mental. It can come back, I know that. But over a certain period of time, I thought about it and my thoughts and what makes sense and what doesn't make sense and is due to a mental condition. As I said, the line is blurry and I cannot make clear distinctions. Also, it wouldn't be possible to resolve this actually. Socially and otherwise this cannot be reconstructed properly.
>>
No. 63126 Kontra
>>63120
https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaVertigo2010/videos

the guy btw, cannot believe I found him. Looks like he took offline all videos and used audio only
>>
No. 63127
>>63082
Well, I'm one of those fools with religious belief in so-called "objective reality".
Once again, I'll bring up an example of AIDS-deniers. No matter how good is fiction about big pharma but if they don't take their meds they die. Reality should be treated with respect or it could backfire really hard.
>>
No. 63129
>>63112
He asked to crash at my apartment for a few hours until his "friend" "picks him up" lmao.
He logged in to my phone on his social media to chat with the guy who supposedly going to pick him up. Well, I saw a notification from said "friend" that told him to fuck off, because he's pretty much a pariah.
He insisted we watch a local production movie while we wait for the "friend", and I obliged because I felt pity for him. The movie was some fictional bullshit about a serial killer who never existed, and the detective team that caught him, that also never existed because there's no such thing as "detective work" in this country, murders are simply closed because cops are lazy.
He then claimed that one of the characters in the movie is based on his real life uncle. It was such an obvious lie that I felt mildly offended that he thought I was so stupid as to believe it. Instead, I just nodded and agreed to every bullshit like he told me, until the time his supposed "friend" was supposed to come, then escorted him out. What a pathetic individual.

Still, he has had more sex than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM
>>
No. 63130
>>63129
Why is sex such an important factor in deciding about success to you? Was Nikola Tesla not successful? Is Rocco Siffredi the most successful man on earth?
>>
No. 63131
45 kB, 617 × 412
>>63111
Uh, no Peg!
>>
No. 63132
>>63130
It isn't. It is, in the eyes of society, which I am part of. And I have a very big, but tender ego.

I am going to beat them at their own game. It's like the expression "if you're so smart, why are you poor?". Can't be refuted without sounding like cope.
>>
No. 63133
>>63132
But nobody here is part of your society, so why are you talking about it here like anyone cares?
If you're so smart, why are you posting stuff like that?
>>
No. 63134
>>63133
This is a personal blog thread, sir, youseem to be lost.
>>
No. 63135
>>63130
Before the age of contraceptives, Rocco would indeed be one of the most succesful humans on the planet from the perspective of the only natural measure of success we have: To pass on your genes.

Funny, how the invention of something like contraceptives can turn this on its head completely. Honestly, this thought has made me giggle like an imbecile :-DDD
>>
No. 63138
>>63134
But how can it be personal if it's an anonymous message board? If anything, that makes it really unpersonal.
>>
No. 63140 Kontra
>>63127
>No matter how good is fiction about big pharma but if they don't take their meds they die.

I don't know the AIDS denier discourse but the existence of BigPharma as "profit generated from illness"-machine and AIDS killing you don't contradict themselves.
>>
No. 63141
>>63138
It's his personal thought nonetheless. It's like people saying bureaucracy is impersonal, but it is actually very personal because people get offended by how they are treated by the administration apparatus.
>>
No. 63142
78 kB, 475 × 604
>>63129
They say, impudence is second happiness.
>>
No. 63143 Kontra
>>63141
Man you germans are really autistic.
>>
No. 63144
>>63142
I won't be happy until those who are beneath me are beaten, humiliated, and groveling at my feet.
Happiness is a zero sum gamre, others must suffer.
>>
No. 63145
>>63144
You are especially edgy last days. What could be the reason behind it?
>>
No. 63146
>>63144
I hope you're successful in your endeavour, it would make me happy.
>>
No. 63147
>>63145
I'm on a diet andhungry all the time
>>
No. 63148
>>63147
Protip: Oats/Müsli keeps you full longer than other stuff; you can snack on carrot sticks and drink lots of water to fill your stomach.

t. dieted on <1500 kcal earlier this year
>>
No. 63149
11 kB, 390 × 280
Perhaps the greatest argument for intelligent design is the fact that when walking around with a lit cigarette, arms at rest, your hand is at the perfectly at the same level as child's eye. You can be minding your own business walking around with a cigarette, and a child will just walk into it at eye level, because they have inferior spatial awareness.
It just can't be a coincidence.

>>63146
Reee stop stealing my happiness. Being happy for others should be illegal, just like print screening NFTs. You are infringing on my copyrights.

>>63148
Thanks. Oats give me gas, but carrots are a good idea. I've been snacking on raw cabbage so far. It's tasty and filling.
>>
No. 63150
>>63149
But not everyone is the same height and not everyone of the same height has the same arm length; also not all children are the same height, thus making this whole thing an inherently stochastic process.
>>
No. 63152
>>63149
You could bounce kids out of your way by using the beer belly, in that case, the kids transform into bouncy balls before they are blinded by the li(gh)t cigarette

https://youtu.be/cgOvpIK_kSA?t=9
>>
No. 63153
60 kB, 680 × 491
>>63149
I would also take this opportunity to extend my deepest wishes that you are successful in your endeavors.

Why are Spanish people so loud? You can't enter any establishment and be unaware of their presence. They'll make their presence known and they seem to insist everyone can hear their conversations.
>>
No. 63156
14 kB, 480 × 360
>>63150
You can always adjust your arm.

>>63153
My high school crush went to study in Spain and got stolen away by a Spanish Chad Womanizer. Why are the Spanish such don juans? It's not fair.
>>
No. 63158
>>63144
>>63149
>Happiness is a zero sum gamre, others must suffer.
Easy there, Genghis, easy.
Understandably you can derive happiness from the unhappiness of others, but that'd mean that there's a limited supply of happiness (there is of course) and the entire supply of happiness in the system has to be derived from people and not objects.
A kid getting a toy-car from his parents will make the parents happy that the kid is happy and therefore increase happiness. In your system the kid getting the toy would decrease every other kid's happiness who learns of the toy being gifted and not getting one in a similar fashion, which isn't guaranteed.

>>63149
>Perhaps the greatest argument for intelligent design is the fact that when walking around with a lit cigarette, arms at rest, your hand is at the perfectly at the same level as child's eye. You can be minding your own business walking around with a cigarette, and a child will just walk into it at eye level, because they have inferior spatial awareness.
You're killing me :D
>>
No. 63159 Kontra
124 kB, 480 × 320
I like how the today thread immediately went to shit at exactly the same time the k*hl American showed up which also happened around exactly the same time the board got pedo spam and now we have the alleged Poland ball spam. But I'm sure that's all just pure coincidence, right you shrill shitposters?

>>62774
>>62825
>>62978
>>63000
To be perfectly clear I am talking about the two of you, and the pure coincidence every time I need to wipe my cacheyes, you do need to, because the page loads thumbnails on an imageboard simply opening the board link loads thumbnails you need to sterilize or we have this shit
>>63123
>>63122
>>63121
My best guess is you are both from the pedophile shithole of k*hl and your board went down yet again.

The only way I even can tell you two apart is one of you overuses decade old cancerous vierkanal memes more and the other really likes the word "shrill" obvlivious that he's the most shrill shitposter on the whole board. The other sounds just like Battletech character portraits look with that same self satisified, smug, condescending way turbo SJWs lookif that SJW tone could be a Unity CGI asset it would be that, which is why it annoys me so much and why I hate HBS as a studio but frankly the other sounds pretty much the same just with a swastika carved in his forehead fat. The other one also is really fond of randomly wishing death on people like some kind of 14 year old who just discovered 4kanker in the early 2000s and probably had to visit the behavioral office because people were worried about him being a school shooter.

You both have insane amounts of self importance despite the fact you're clearly useless people who literally do not have any hobbies or interests outside of shitposting.

>>63080
So in other words you indeed don't work, don't produce, do not do anything productive. Yes I'm sure you're "independently wealthy" as in your parents still support you. Despite all this you remain dumb enough to write whites and blacks capitalized and so self centered and idiotic to say dumb shit like "this is why I fight" and too oblivious to understand why saying that with witless sincerity is the cringiest thing I've seen written on this board all year long.

What the entire today thread just turned into is a microcosm of what happened to KC, why it finally died, and why imageboards need good moderation in order to survive.
>>
No. 63162
>>63159
>So in other words you indeed don't work, don't produce, do not do anything productive.

I make my own schedule and don't have to answer to anyone but myself. It seems you don't have the same arrangement. I'm not going into detail about my personal finances/professional life because that's my business, but rest assured, I won't have to worry about money for a long, long while. And yes, I actually do have hobbies, namely music. Just go into any of the music threads, past and present, and my presence should immediately manifest itself

Nobody's making you reply and that response was effectively buried yet you still felt the need to dredge it up just to have the last word and beat your chest because I spoke my mind.

>You both have insane amounts of self importance despite the fact you're clearly useless people who literally do not have any hobbies or interests outside of shitposting.

Talk about projection.
>>
No. 63164 Kontra
>>63159
Any Today thread immediately goes to shit when any american shows up, because nobody wants to read any of yours' retarded drivel.
>>
No. 63166 Kontra
26 kB, 660 × 330
>>63162
So in other words, you are RAC and you are also these shitposts?
>>62825
>>62774
>>63000
Or whatever the number was of some shitpost I saw telling Kazakhstan to castrate himself. I did not expect that to be you because the poster sounds so low IQ and bydlo. All I know is the same k*hl tier shitposts show up around the exact same time we get pedo spam and the alleged polandball spamming up above. Correct, I did say you were projecting, because if you are the same person then you are an obnoxious, self important, delusional, retarded shitposter the minute you talk about anything than RAC music. Yet again, I still don't think you are RAC, also because why the fuck would a Pakistani being rambling on in living meme "thank me for my service" shit about being a white nationalistother than to be an even bigger living meme or any of the other retarded shitposting that just started appearing this week.

As to your assertion, I clearly have different hobbies and interests, that I talk about here mainly being art, music, science, and vidya among others though not counting other things IRL. Oh right, and computer stuff. You, on the other hand, solely discuss bydlo political shitflinging, that come to think of it also includes your sole actual interest. I am still not convinced you're RAC however, because RAC mainly has EC tier posting about his niche interest and generally was at least respectful. Compare that to this >>63000 "Do everyone a favor and throw yourself into traffic" " that shrill Vidya Christian, the RAC loving half-caste" and by the way, I have no fucking idea why you're calling me that so don't lump me in with your insanely retarded shitposts with the guy hiding fifty dicks up his smug rectum.

I actually do read the today thread even if I don't post a lot on it I don't generally say much about myself or blogpost which means when I scroll down and literally half the thread is shitflinging you should have kept contained to news and start getting lumped together with degenerates such as yourself I can't [-] the thread. This is especially true of the eventual fate I saw happen to imageboards multiple times, and why I am now a refugee from my own internet homeland because of lowlifes such as yourself who can't help themselves but ruin everything.

I think Mandalore said it best https://youtu.be/nLAHBexJxrE?t=509 The more the today threadand the board in general looks like a shithole, the more people will act like it and treat it as such. This is exactly what happened to home until the board was nothing but frogposting, and then finally even my beloved vidya threads became absolutely nothing but horrendous shitposting from faggots like you until it killed KC forever in 2017. KC is permanently gone because of it. Then ersntchan.com died because of it. Now look at the front page today. I've got multiple [-] on the front page, NAGGER spam in the today thread, and both right before and right after the shitflinging there is mysteriously a bunch of pedo spam. How about you fuck right back off to your pedo shithole instead if that is the case?

>>63164
This being another, more petty reason I'm so irritated by the two of you, because then I get lumped in with both of you by foreignersI really don't care if my views on art or trashing the alleged "GOAT" games cause butthurt to you however; FNV was overrated only because of how terrible every other Bethesdout was, Deus Ex GOTY edition was overrated, ME2 is one of the worst games ever made other than TellTale, and in English speach crpg is for isometric RPGs whereas any other RPG is an xRPG or [genre]-RPG call the cops about that I don't give a fuck
>>
No. 63167
218 kB, 840 × 875
I think the main reason the Fallout universe is so appealing is because it presents an alternate reality in which the United States of America have been annihilated by nuclear warfare.
>>
No. 63168
174 kB, 1200 × 800
52 kB, 474 × 316
Americans seem to have some extra debate ressources wonder where they take those saved energies from?...yeah, to me this debate is keeping on longer than internal German fights. It's a bit like fighting with your neighbor, intensities of fighting are changing with periods of silence and or even neutral reaction. Pic related is an adequate visualisation of that relation btw :DDDD
>>
No. 63169
>>63167
I'll remind that he thinks that "long post = effortpost". He just wanted to discuss videogames, but he is doing us multiple favors by writing same points over and over again.

>>63168
According to Darwin, the most fierce struggle for existence is between animals of same species.
>>
No. 63170
>>63169
> the most fierce struggle for existence is between animals of same species
So maybe they're just trying to get our attention and approval? Because they're so fed up with the horrible 4chongs and try to presents themselves here as better than Anon?
>>
No. 63173 Kontra
>>63169
What point? That we need good moderation? Yes that point apparently need to be drilled into people because somehow they keep forgetting it. People forget lessons of even the recent past it seems, until virulent shitposters somehow turn every post on a board cancerous. When I come on here and it went from one guy rambling about I forget what until the whole board looks like a Cannibal Corpse song about shartposting, and the whole board becomes unuseable, and somehow we keep having the same problems, yes I need to say it again. If we keep having the same issues, why would I not then need to make the same points? That fucking pedo spammer for example should flat out be in jail.

I need to post this point again https://youtu.be/nLAHBexJxrE?t=509 that yes, even the janitor's job is important because if the place looks like shit, it gets treated like shit, until nothing remains but shit. Somehow people act like they forget Slavic Ukraine drama but most importantly American political drama is like telling yourself "maybe if I just shoot a little heroin it's not so bad." Any amount is bad, and leads to more of the bad. I specifically didn't post about allegations Russian is sending people to Ukraine out of that fearalso it would require unhiding the news thread and wading into it but moreso I wish the topic got avoided together. There's a reason why the Freemasons made it their first rules must be 21 to enter, no womens in our secret clubhouse, and leave your politics at the door. They're literally centuries old points men long before us figured out so why do certain people not understand or keep trying to reinvent the wheel?

Also if you're that one Russian, I enjoyed discussions with you, but your biggest problem was similar to the American shitheads in that you had a habit of taking a disagreement about some game and turning it into personal attacks. That's also why politics gets avoided, because for example Spain, Portugal, and a German have civil discussions on political history usually. But people don't want to discuss ideas. They turn it into shitflinging, personal attacks, being retarded, telling another ernst to kill themselves etc.

You ask why I pointed something out again; I ask why did you do what had to be pointed out again on the board?I'm including that one German who shartposts too, occasionally a Russian, and whoever leaks out of the shithole when their site goes down again

>>63170
I do not give two fucks about any of your approval, personally. All I want is serious discussions. I come on here because clearly these are not discussions always easy to find with say your coworker who wants to discuss YASS QUEEN SLAY, or that you have the energy to have an hours long conversation with a friend on the phone. It's why when not in vidya I tend to discuss stuff more with Brick because he's among the most interesting with whom to converse. It is also why I seldom like talking to Canadians Americans.

I will say however that it gets pretty irritating after awhile that I get lumped in with shartposting not because of saying something retardedwhich I've surely done before but solely on merit of being countryballed. the most aggressively prolific shitposter he clearly comes here for "muh tribe" approval from yuros? Maybe I'd been on casey since our flags were still just rectangles and everyone was simply "Anonymous" so again, don't lump me in with those retards. Anonymous is dead and Bernd is also dead.
>>
No. 63175
Unless you're one of the chad-tier animals that performs kin selection because they don't give a fug. Bees stronk. Also inclusive fitness is basically the framework for naturally occurring mutual aid which is pretty ebin.
>>
No. 63177 Kontra
Ah, Ernst the super mind, have your heard of the following people, did your read them and how do you like them?
Richard Dawkins, Stuart Kauffmann, Daniel Dennett, Steven Pinker, Jared Diamond, Freeman Dyson, Kevin Kelly, Lisa Feldman Barrett

Basically
https://www.edge.org/library

I'm sure some Ernsts here read books by those people and like them. It's quite interesting what the background and history of this long list and its book authors is. This is probably not just PopSci but a special kind of knowledge distribution.
>>
No. 63178
95 kB, 1024 × 768
>>63175
Specialization is for insects, as one reactionary said. But the more humanity advances in technology, the more widespread division of labor is. So maybe one day humans instead of being individuals with personal interests will become more like cells of one big organism, always ready to sacrifice themselves for well-being of Hive. Then gommunism will finally be achieved.
But I hope not, I dislike insects. Good that you like them however taking your place of living into account. =D
>>
No. 63179
>>63178
I have a family of spiders living on a web next to my car. She recently had a clutch of eggs, but only 3 babies survived :-(((

t. doesn't mind the fuckers when they are just chilling and staying completely visible and predictable
>>
No. 63180
187 kB, 1200 × 1200
>>63178
>>63175
I don't want to sacrifice myself for the good of the hive. I'm not ready to enter the Zero for the good of Ernstchan.
>>
No. 63182
Tbh, collectivism and individuality being mutually exclusive is a psyop. Easiest way to make a vulgar and inadequate example would be to do the thought experiment of eliminating all jobs that aren't serving the needs of people, and exist for the profit machine. Then let everybody work the jobs needed to sustain the community, but since more people do the same work, less individual work is needed. The practice is more complicated, but not unprecedented or unreasonable. I'd be happy to do my shithouse job as a cleaner if it was structured for us instead of for the company. Working as teams to get the job done quickly and effectively instead of alone and cheaply, even if it's slower and less efficient.

Personally I take inspiration from the Platform/Especifismo and think collectives should be reflective of the will of its members so as to reject coercion, but if you're less inclined to anarchism then you can just substitute it for your preferred form of tankiedom :-D

t. gommie
>>
No. 63183
>>63180
Get in the fuggen Ohka :-DDD
>>
No. 63184
>>63182
But without the company there wouldn't be the position as a shithouse cleaner in the first place.
Also, how would you define what job is "useful" and what job isn't?
>>
No. 63187
>>63184
Without the workers there wouldnt be a company. I think people underestimate the ability of people to get shit done. We don't need the company to tell us how to clean a floor. If the floor needs cleaning, then we could probably figure out how to get it done. Especially if we had an interest in doing so, like say the floor was ours as part of collective property.

As for determining what jobs to keep, that'd be a matter for the workers themselves, and would depend on circumstances. In my workplace, basically everything above floor and warehouse workers could be removed without issue. The floor workers end up doing most of their own paperwork anyway, so sending the supply request to a local shop instead of to a manager who sends it to another manager who then sends it to a team who sends it to the manager of that same shop isn't that hard to imagine.

On that supply chain, there is a lot of wasted stock thanks to producing via branding. I can see an argument for reducing the production of certain goods too, and just letting all those people work less than they do now. Competition between businesses isn't helping them.

There are also few jobs I wouldn't do with a good work crew too honestly, doubly so if it wasn't a crunch from the bosses to squeeze every drop of blood from the stone. I'd be cool with cleaning one day, doing public works on the next or whatever. Why even keep the old idea of fixed employment when we aren't tying survival to generating profits for someone else?

TL;DR: try the experiment without assuming the end product looks the same as the current economic order
>>
No. 63188
>>63187
You could also argue the other way round, because people generally do their own cleaning in addition to their jobs, so if you put a broom in my office and have me take out the trash when I leave, there would be no need for cleaning personnel anymore.
And what about jobs that don't give direct results, like R&D where you have to first invest a few years of work and resources before you get anything out of it?
The way you are arguing assumes we do need any of that, but the final consequence would be to get back to hunting and gathering, because even farming means expending a vast amount of time until you gain anything from it and also going back to tribes/families because then everyone would go back working for their own good instead of profit.
>>
No. 63189
157 kB, 1200 × 800
>>63180
>He thinks there is a choice.

Fool!
>>
No. 63190
227 kB, 1400 × 1050
24 kB, 500 × 500
114 kB, 861 × 1024
301 kB, 1807 × 880
Canadians buy their milk in bags.
They cut the bags open and put them in a plastic can.
I'm puzzled.
>>
No. 63191
54 kB, 600 × 671
>>63190
Man I haven't seen that meme in like 15 years
>>
No. 63192
84 kB, 560 × 650
>>63188
>so if you put a broom in my office and have me take out the trash when I leave, there would be no need for cleaning personnel anymore.
Would be great if it were true, then we could go do something else, or just work less. If expropriating the company for the workers means that my specific job under capitalism disappears, I won't kick up a stink, believe me. Especially since I'd just go join another department, and since profit isn't the name of the game, that just means less work for everyone.

Again, divorce your conclusion from the current model of employment. It's about maintaining our societies, not generating profit, or selling yourself for a wage so you can eat. There's no reason that this leads to primitivism. Most of the stuff that keeps society functioning is the knowledge and skill of workers, not their bosses or managers. The managers who tell public works guys where to go, are informed by teams of workers who could just as easily tell the other teams, or a delegate without the need for hierarchy. Same for research honestly, nobody is going to shut down research. In fact, you'd probably see more variety of research being done because it's unshackled by the demands of profit or fund-seeking. And with less work being done by more people in other areas, you could see people having time and energy to pursue interests that they can't under the capitalist grind. The arts could flourish and people could even spend more time doing things that matter to them if they don't care for academic or artistic pursuits.

And no, I don't think individualism is equivalent to being a 'every man an island' lobert dipshit. Mutual aid is perfectly within the realm of individualism, where two people work together for the benefit of both without coercion. It's even Darwinian if you want to appeal to nature. Kropotkin's work of the same name is fairly outdated scientifically (as is Darwin himself tbh) but philosophically holds up really well too. I mean shit, businesses will work together to fuck with things that threaten them all, so why the hell couldn't workers use mutual aid too?

The changes won't happen overnight. It's why I'm very much an Industrial Unionist. We need to build up solidarity within the working class, not only for the betterment of our conditions, or to seize control of the means of production, but to demonstrate that the solidarity in question works, and that by working together we are much stronger than working alone.
>>
No. 63193
>>63192
You are basing your assumptions on the premise that everyone always knows everything, but for that to work you'd need to establish a proper communication system beforehand. And who will communicate with external parties? Because you are just describing encapsulated teams that work in a vacuum.
For example who will communicate with the suppliers? Who knows exactly what's there stock? You will always need to have someone who has a more general view than the individual team member, unless you manage to have an actual hivemind (in which case you'd still need a queen).
For your suggestion to work every single person would have to be educated exactly the same and have exact the same skills so everyone could do everything everytime if needed. This is turn makes it impossible to actually gain any kind of expertise in anything because you can never develop any skill far enough.

And as always with anyone left of socialist there are an awful lot of ifs and whens and coulds, but never any concrete suggestion as how to achieve all that.
Idealism in and by itself is perfectly worthless if that ideal is unachievable.
>>
No. 63195
>>63193
Sure, workers delegate communicators. They aren't a hierarchical position as they are now, and believe it or not, we know how to talk to each other just as well as the PMC does. How are collectively run worksites any more isolated than worksites that exist in a system that's overtly competitive? I dare say that the latter has a lot more incentive to not work together, no?

And as per usual with anybody for whom the status quo works fine, trying to establish the framework for a future world is treated as a waste of time. That's okay though, we'll just let capitalism continue to grind us all down into beasts until the ecosystem collapses under the strain of le infinite growth. I'd rather take a shot at a better world than sitting in the burning house we've got on our hands, saying that everything is fine. That's idealistic. So tell me then, what are your concrete and grounded means to improve the existence of working people in an age where the climate is increasingly being damaged, wealth inequality is growing while the work being done is more productive than ever before. Where we have enough housing to end homelessness, but keep it all in the hands of a relative few wealthy landowners, where the likes of Bezos have the buying power of countries while those under him can sometimes barely afford to survive. In what way is sticking with that status quo, thinking it'll all work out not idealistic?

As for unachievable, we have models for its success in sections of life under CNT-oriented communities under the Spanish Republic, as well as in the everyday experience of most workers who rightly understand that they could do their damn job without the boss telling them what to do. There are plenty of examples of failed capitalist systems too, so don't come out with the tired old 'le communism has never worked' line.
>>
No. 63196 Kontra
>>63193
And no, what I'm saying is that if I'm doing low-skilled work like cleaning. There's no reason I can't do that one day, and then stack shelves the next, or load up trucks all in the same workplace as per the needs of the day. Or it could be cleaning floors one day, sweeping a street the next. All those unskilled invisible jobs that need doing but are harder than they need to be because of cost-saving on the actual number of people doing them.

Of course I can't just walk in and be a doctor, and thinking that was my argument is on you, tbh.
>>
No. 63197
Oh Christ, more leftist drivel. I'm with the German here.

>>>63187
>We don't need the company to tell us how to clean a floor. If the floor needs cleaning, then we could probably figure out how to get it done. Especially if we had an interest in doing so, like say the floor was ours as part of collective property.

I've seen workers just leave shit on the floor unattended and just work around the mound of mess until it compounded large enough to get in the way especially when there is no manager on duty. You need someone on the floor to tell to clean the shit up before it spirals out of control or else you'd waste more time cleaning up or containing a massive load and diminishing productivity all the while. People are not born industrious. In fact, most people are born sloths. It takes a combination of initiative and, more importantly, need to make someone industrious. These fantasy leftist scnerios all make about as much sense as putting livestock in charge of the farm.

I can't see any place run by workers ending anywhere than a retarded form of a direct democracy where nothing gets done and everyone just keeps passing the buck. Every critical decision would be democratically decided by floor-level workers, through either national votes or simply letting "the workers", whoever they may be, do whatever they damn well please, which could end in workers scrapping what could be highly valuable projects just because they don't feel like it. In the end, you need someone telling them to dig the fucking hole or else. At least tankies don't mind directly managing worker affairs at gunpoint.

As the German pointed out, this fantasy worker-run co-op assume workers can collectively calculate currency/prices, allocate resources, assess the public needs/demands and keep rates of production sufficient to accommodate the market. Since absolutely no force can pressure an entitled syndicate worker from opting out of production, they would rarely produce anything other than political propaganda and cartelized labor. Complicated chains of production require complicated organized structures and chains of command, which a ragtag group of workers cannot democratically dictate.
>>
No. 63198 Kontra
>>63195
>we have models for its success in sections of life under CNT-oriented communities under the Spanish Republic

Holy shit, fuck no. Just give us Jonestown instead. Places like that only work at a mass level without government because deeply indocrinated people enforce social norms with cultlike fanaticism. Is that the free individual anarchists should imagine? Only if you like gaslighting yourself. And if you like killing Catholics.

If you're going to be an anarchist, at least go the route of Stirner or Kacyznski.
>>
No. 63199
>>63197
>rightoid drivel
Gee, almost like treating workers like shit, and sticking them in a place they have no control over under threat of starvation and homelessness doesn't lead to good work habits. Funny that.

Again, what's your alternative? We stick with the same garbage fire we got now? If you think buck don't get passed now, then you're fucken delusional. Regarding complex supply chains. I'd be okay with a lower variety of goods on simpler logistics routes if that's what it took, except rand and file workers make those function too, so eh.

Also, please see above where I talked about the process of class organisation and fostering solidarity to develop that consciousness among the working class, most of whom aren't so limp wristed as to why away from some work that needs doing, if they are invested in it.

>>63198
>Oh no, not the heckin churcherino
Landholders are landholders, and the church is a big fucken landholder whose interests are directly opposed to workers liberation.
>>
No. 63200
niggers
>>
No. 63201 Kontra
>>63199
>Landholders are landholders, and the church is a big fucken landholder whose interests are directly opposed to workers liberation.

You've abdicated your right to ever talk about good faith ever again. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, though.
>>
No. 63202
>>63197
> a retarded form of a direct democracy where nothing gets done and everyone just keeps passing the buck.
So what's your problem with that? Why do you fucking care? You got nothing else to do besides being a tyrannical scumbag obsessed with stats/income/efficiency based on numbers?
Fucking autist, kill yourself.
>>
No. 63203 Kontra
>>63202
When supply chains get disrupted from the worker co-op's collective inability to provide the necessary output, you'll start caring, too. That doesn't mean the ruling class has the right to treat their workers like indentured servants. It isn't about being "tyrannical". It's about being able to better serve the needs of a people because the needs of a nation far outweigh the needs of a laborer.
>>
No. 63204
>>63203
>When supply chains get disrupted
make them simplier, here's a solution for you
>>
No. 63205
5,3 MB, 3:30
>>63201
I really couldn't give a rat's arse what you believe in private, but the institutions of religion were and still are massive landholders with largely reactionary politics. As much as I disagree with lynching as the means to address the problem, there was kind of more to it than 'dey was godless' as you seem to imply. There's a difference between being religious and serving the institution of the church.

>>63203
>the needs of a nation far outweigh the needs of a laborer
As long as you lot in the bougie classes stay nice and cosy with porky, who cares right?
>>
No. 63206
84 kB, 1000 × 731
>>
No. 63210 Kontra
Did EC get new people engaging here? A co-operative cleaning would be nice.

>>63193
>there are an awful lot of ifs and whens and could

Capitalism was set up with many ifs and whens and could my dear, it's not natural but was actively pursued by people. One example for capitalisms success is the condition of cheap nature. Cheap resources free for taking and this includes both material resources like wood, metals, and later on coal and oil for energy and unpaid work. Capitalism only works because a lot of what is necessary for it to run is kept off its books and is externalized to a greater public. And the soviet union indeed also destroyed nature as well, but it bought the logic of capitalism that is competition, it had to go the same route thanks to competition. It's funny how people think what has a history is natural even though it did not exist 2000 years ago, why should it always continue? why shoulnd't things change (I know because of nature duh) the ifs and whens might change eventually because capitalism will be a cannibalizing enterprise in the end.
>>
No. 63211
29 kB, 600 × 600
150 kB, 300 × 400
37 kB, 601 × 499
30 kB, 512 × 512
>>63190
In kazakhstan, we have freedom to choose what kind of containers milk comes from.

Plastic bag
Carton bag
Carton box (with cap, without cap, with one of those flat, flappy caps, etc)
Plastic bottle.

The only one I haven't seen is plastic jugs like in USA, but I don't see no purpose to them. We don't really drink milk here, just add it to tea.
>>
No. 63212
501 kB, 1201 × 1201
36 kB, 500 × 500
45 kB, 360 × 360
213 kB, 965 × 965
>>63211
Not to mention 7-10% milk/cream, which also comes in various forms.

And I'd be amiss not to mention SGUSHENKA, which comes both in cans AND squeeze packets.

Truly, conserved food culture is one of the good things le communist occupation brought.
>>
No. 63214 Kontra
252 kB, 1704 × 1278
>>63177
>Richard Dawkins, Stuart Kauffmann, Daniel Dennett, Steven Pinker, Jared Diamond, Freeman Dyson, Kevin Kelly, Lisa Feldman Barrett
Bunch of scientist goons if you ask me.
>It's quite interesting what the background and history of this long list and its book authors is.
Yeah, e.g. John Brockman, the guy running Edge, being on Epstein's payroll

>>63206
XD
>>
No. 63218
>>63214
>Bunch of scientist goons if you ask me.

Could you elaborate?

>Epstein

Funny that you mention it, I did not know until yesterday night. After writing that post I looked up Brockman on Youtube and found a podcast episode on Epstein/Brockman and scientists using young women. It immediately reminded me of the American rants here and the guy was ofc an American.

The reason for writing this post was not Epstein though but a historian's article about the history of the mind pictured as a parallel and distributed system (including computers as external mind enhancers) coming about in the 1970s but more 1980s...the explanation goes deeper and is not only about EDGE authors, they are not solely declared as a reason for that thinking (of thinking).
>>
No. 63220
>>63211
No glass bottles? We mostly have carton boxes and glass bottles.
>>
No. 63221
>>63220
There probaby are a couple brands that do have glass bottles, but I haven't noticed any in my shopping.
Probably the glass is too expensive, considering how much of a cheap and highly consumed food item milk is.

We also have fresh bread delivered to every small store every morning, none of that wonderbread shit. The bread company has been working since soviet times and operates on the very same model.
>>
No. 63224
>>63210
>>63195
Capitalism - at its inception - did certainly not work with "an awful lot of ifs and whens", because people back then had very little systemic knowledge of the world (we still don't have much, but still vastly more than just a few centuries ago), so for all they knew it was a good system.
It was just that over time when those structures grew that certain people who profited from them missed - or actively hindered - any means to adapt to the changing world and especially ever-growing human population.
But you today know a little bit more about those connections than some industrialist in the 1800s, so I can expect are more concise answer than "no u" and whataboutisms.

For example looking at the management layers that would be rationalized away like comrade Australia said. What would happen to them? Would they be killed off? Thrown into jail for being enemies of the people? Would they be under general basic income? He is also assuming that unskilled labor will always be done by people. However, even mental work can today already be done by machines (e.g. meta-analysis of research results), so obviously cleaning personnel, button pushers and mercantile jobs would be the first to be replaced by robots. But how to do that break? Until everything is done by robots there are still people who have to work while others won't have to anymore.

And instead of now telling me how I am still deep within this capitalist mindset you could tell me what the veritable alternatives are. I'd really hate to agree with an american on economical questions, but you are exactly what is wrong with the modern left: All criticism, no solutions.

Also, I never said I support capitalism or think it's the best system whatsoever. In fact, if someone came to me with an actual plan that made sense, I would support it with all I have. Then again, I'd prefer if we needed no governments or rulers anymore at all.
>>
No. 63225
>>63224
>because people back then had very little systemic knowledge of the world

I think you misunderstood me here. It's not about what people consciously that, they, like us, don't oversee their present fully, they cannot and we cannot. Hegels Owl of Minerva would come in handy, the allusion basically says that wisdom only comes later, in retrospect. All that was implied is that capitalism only came into being because certain ifs and whens were actively made, there had to be (made) certain conditions to make it work, ifs and whens accompanied by could.
While the left is prominently keeping on the enlightenment tradition of critique against the former critics (bourgies), it is not true that no left alternatives exist, neither capitalism nor any alternative is fully formulated but was often quite coarse and had the concrete praxis and shape was not the same as the vision itself. For example there are plural economics. And there existed alternatives as well, and not just the SU. But I think it is useless to analyze these solely on their own, just as it is useless to think you can describe a nation-state and its economy without its relation in a world system.

>For example looking at the management layers that would be rationalized away like comrade Australia said. What would happen to them? Would they be killed off? Thrown into jail for being enemies of the people? Would they be under general basic income? He is also assuming that unskilled labor will always be done by people. However, even mental work can today already be done by machines (e.g. meta-analysis of research results), so obviously cleaning personnel, button pushers and mercantile jobs would be the first to be replaced by robots. But how to do that break? Until everything is done by robots there are still people who have to work while others won't have to anymore.

I think you can find discussion on what should happen with such people including the question of machinic labor, I mean even Marx was talking about this already. There will be ofc many different answers. But to think that there are none just shows that you did not try to research any answer given at all, but instead focus on retarded online discourse, surely not the greatest source to find elaborate answers on that question, even if there are some people that can deliver those that participate in online discourse.

>But you today know a little bit more about those connections than some industrialist in the 1800s

>It was just that over time when those structures grew that certain people who profited from them missed - or actively hindered - any means to adapt to the changing world and especially ever-growing human population.

Capitalism history can be written differently than the liberal schoolbook version of industrial take off after 1800. Take for example the long period between feudalism's crisis and early industrial capitalism. This long period of transition to capitalism. Productivity still largely tied to human labor and natural and human workforce exhaustion. You can see that after 1500 the population begins to rise and certainly human work force was needed to to do the work, and to accumulate capital, to let those new masses of workforce reproduce you needed, food, raw materials etc etc. ofc technological and scientific advancements plays into this. But they don't determine the mode of production and the aim of what should growth be. The later is more a philosophical discussion as it asks what growth can be (besides rising GDP)
>>
No. 63226 Kontra
>>63225
I forgot to mention that this transition period also encapsulates the domination and exhaustion of natives and black people in the new worlds that were nothing more than a resource pool for Europeans, which exhausted their own territory as well btw. But slaves were the cheaper labor you know and they weren't humans after all so you could treat them shitty as well.
>>
No. 63227
190 kB, 1200 × 1800
914 kB, 965 × 811
139 kB, 600 × 450
450 kB, 1920 × 1080
>>63221
Do you have water or other drinks in glass bottles?
>>
No. 63228 Kontra
>>63225
Man, we ARE currently having a retarded online discourse and that is why I demand these answers from YOU. After all it's all just opinions anyway, and obviously you have one, or you wouldn't be replying in the first place. And if you don't have one, then why are you replying at all? Just throwing out your vast knowledge and namedropping for... clout? Something else? I remember some threads ago, I think it was brick, or a german (maybe even you) talking about trying to understand or not being able to understand how and why other people are like they are or act like do and I find it interesting because I am also trying to figure out your settis, but fail to do so because your posts have been so devoid of actual substance and just describe superficial observations everyone learns when starting to get into the respective topics, so for all I know you might aswell be a bot just reacting to specific keywords.

And if you just tell me to read a book then we can close this board altogether or just keep blogposting without anything beyond.
>>
No. 63229 Kontra
>>63228
Why do you think we are specialists to answer all your questions? The answer that you should do the research is an answer as well. Not the one you initially wanted but it might help to find your answer.
You made a claim that is false, namely that nobody on the left is thinking about alternatives and I corrected you at that.

Take these, obviously a small sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWxGITEpelo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbydd5BOl0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLtaNXjGTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcVH-A-jCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbcuLrWUNaY&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Xqy923jQs

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Dietmar-Dath/dp/3518260081/ref=pd_sbs_1/258-1849528-5171342?pd_rd_w=OezRi&pf_rd_p=b2a25e73-6e6a-41bb-a7ce-5f2d2342b819&pf_rd_r=HVSBHEVY7FJG1STMXS02&pd_rd_r=1c7e5960-a556-4564-b0f5-c0ad315ebfcc&pd_rd_wg=jXTEm&pd_rd_i=3518260081&psc=1

I'm not an economic specialist, but what I try to bring across is simply people naturalize capitalism and certain conditions and say "oh because you as individual person cannot tell me a complex alternative to a world system there is no way an alternative is possible, because you cannot tell me an alternative nobody else can, your personal deficit has to stand in for all others having a deficit when it comes to this I am right that nothing else than capitalism is possible" Well, certainly you said you are happy for any alternatives, well then, since working that economically wise is not something I know that much about, I can tell you that at least others did, contra to your claim. And that is all. And your desperation for idealism to fail because its an never to be reached ideal. Well, nothing ever stopped people from getting there regardless, capitalism or what else.

And btw. I was addressing specific claims you made that are supposedly special to the question of alternatives to capitalism as general for any sort of political economy. I cannot answer your question to your satisfaction but I can still address how and what you ask and demand. You know, we were talking about getting a different perspective; and what and how you ask touches upon shifting perspectives because the form and content of a question determines the answer to a certain extend.
>>
No. 63230
38 kB, 651 × 800
37 kB, 768 × 768
49 kB, 760 × 450
>>63227
A couple brands, most notably Borjomi. It's not locally produced ofc, an import. Also Schweppes. But those too, are starting to come more and more in cans.

Unfortunately, nothing locally produced as far as I'm aware, despite having a powerful mineral water culture.
"Alex Saryagash" is the most carbonated thing I've ever drank, hits hard when thirsty OR hangover. Take no substitutes.

The other drinks we have in glass is those nostalgic soviet era lemonade brands.
>>
No. 63232
47 kB, 1077 × 1055
>>63177
I heard about Richard Dawkins. Evolutionary biology is nasty, it's all about animals who eat their cubs or practice other such things, which are uncanny for people but very important and informative for scientists.
Also he is anti-clerical activist. I'm from secular background, so his book "The God Delusion" was obvious and boring to me, I dropped it.
>>
No. 63233
>>63229
So many assumptions! And I am starting to wonder if you are being obtuse on purpose, because I never claimed anything of what you are saying.
First, I was addressing general problems. I never said "there is not a single leftist on earth who doesn't think about alternatives". I said "the left can't provide any concrete solutions", and what you are linking is still a bunch of theoretizing, which doesn't disprove my point at all.

Second, I never claimed anyone here was a specialist on economic whatsoever, but you still have failed to provide your own opinion and instead linked a bunch of stuff to dig through. And that's not who arguing works. How would you ever be able to persist in an actual real life discussion if all you do is reference other people's works? Or if you actually do know anything about the topic at hand, if you're not able to actually verbalize that in an understandable way, nobody will listen to you.

Third, coming back to what I said at the start, you seem to be willfully misunderstanding me, or your bias is making you interpret certain statements in the way you do, or just ignoring certain other statements that you can't use to present yourself as this type of thorough, scholarly knowledge-hunter who is just too much of a coward to give a concrete answer for fear of being wrong. If you don't say anything you can't say anything wrong, right?
>>
No. 63235
>>63224
The solution for the capitalism is to plunge the system into anarchy and then watch it rebuild itself with minor changes and without the old elites. Yes, people will die, but there are no alternatives unfortunately.
>>
No. 63236
>>63232
That feel when red spot on the left.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesse
>>
No. 63237
>>63184
That's patently untrue, because the demand and task still exists irrespective of the structure designed to meet that demand. The debate is solely on which system meets demands of both deliverer and demanding best and most efficiently, which itself is in my opinion some type of psyop and that gapitalism and gommunism both need to be rejected because they both are ultimately shit at efficiency unless the actual objective is separate from the stated objective, that is, working as a system versus most efficiently concentrating power upwardly at the cost of greater society.
t. Vidya ernst who between Valve, AAA studios, tech companies, and 2020 got jaded with it all; don't associate me with That Guy, your systems both inherently suck

>>63232
This isn't true. For some reason I woke up thinking about this today and the mere existence of ant colonies and their rudimentary practice of husbandry on aphids rejects this notion. The problem is that we don't have dedicated queen bioforms but rather parasitic and narcisstic sociopaths who stop even trying to be top rooster and instead parasitize society. People like that want you to believe that "muh evolution" "muh Social Darwinism" has to do with only the individual, when fact is it is the lone wolf who dies no matter how strong while the pack thrives. Our entire organizing principle as a society is based on altruism and at absolute minimum, pack loyalties and tribalisms which scale to ridiculously complex heights the more advanced the society.

I would go so far as to point out the mightiest civilizations on earth are they that maximize how they serve the greatest number of humanity, while the smaller self centered societies wither and die as they are picked apart by these empires. At the smallest level you wind up with human wildlife reserves deep in the amazon whose tribes are so petty we literally have to set up laws for them as human sanctuaries just to not crush them on accident, like some errant beetle.
>>
No. 63238 Kontra
408 kB, 1224 × 818
22 kB, 483 × 695
150 kB, 703 × 717
Why don't you put yourself in your boss's place for just one second?
>>
No. 63239 Kontra
>>63237
>People like that want you to believe that "muh evolution" "muh Social Darwinism" has to do with only the individual, when fact is it is the lone wolf who dies no matter how strong while the pack thrives.
Why is it always americans who misunderstand Darwinian evolution? If you procreate, you win at evolution, period. If you're a lone wolf and have fathered a whole pack, you win more than the wolf who stays with the pack, but never fucked.
So while maybe in the long term your descendants will die out because of traits that become unadvantageous when the environment changes, you, the lone wolf, have been a winner while you were alive.
>>
No. 63240
>>63235
Great idea. How about it won't be tried in our country again?
So let's decide where it will be. Nobody will feel sorry for the French, they are so smug and their language sounds gay, how about them? On the other hand, too many nuclear stations there, may be dangerous for whole Europe.
>>
No. 63241
138 kB, 1048 × 793
>>63238
I agree. #NotAllBosses
>>
No. 63242 Kontra
>>63233

You wrote this
>For example looking at the management layers that would be rationalized away like comrade Australia said. What would happen to them? Would they be killed off? Thrown into jail for being enemies of the people? Would they be under general basic income? He is also assuming that unskilled labor will always be done by people. However, even mental work can today already be done by machines (e.g. meta-analysis of research results), so obviously cleaning personnel, button pushers and mercantile jobs would be the first to be replaced by robots. But how to do that break? Until everything is done by robots there are still people who have to work while others won't have to anymore.

As I said, leftists think about these questions and try to give answers.

>And instead of now telling me how I am still deep within this capitalist mindset you could tell me what the veritable alternatives are. I'd really hate to agree with an american on economical questions, but you are exactly what is wrong with the modern left: All criticism, no solutions.

>All criticism, no solutions.
>I never said "there is not a single leftist on earth who doesn't think about alternatives".

I think that first quote implies that leftists only ever criticize but never provide or suggest any potential alternative as solution or replacement for the current order.

Well, they have solutions, not very much actual lived ofc. Maybe that helps https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worker_cooperatives

and you were asking for "concrete suggestions" not solutions, not for actual large-scale solutions taking place. Suggestions are made and they can be concrete. Obviously, it's not that easy to set up a new system while the other is still running wild.

>And that's not who arguing works. How would you ever be able to persist in an actual real life discussion if all you do is reference other people's works?

It's text-based here and so I can do references since you want answers, I cannot provide them but these references might. Simple. The other remarks from my side address the how not the what. As you might have noticed already I think the how is important because it determines the what to a certain extent, thus worth some pondering. But these are two entirely different things, I think you agree. But I don't see why it should stop me to address that.

I think your accusation and anger about me stems from not understanding that I sometimes address different things in your posting than what you want to be addressed. This is completely valid. I can point out things that maybe go unnoticed otherwise. I cannot give you any concrete solution for how we should run society as a whole, if that is what you want and only want to hear. The problem seems to be that you think your posts/writing are only offer one dimension that one can address. I don't think that it only has one dimension, I address others, but also what you said as well.
>>
No. 63243
>>63237
I never suggested we should do it. The Wect needs it.
>>
No. 63244 Kontra
>>63233
>all you do is reference other people's works

Isn't this academia in a nutshell? Nobody really goes without references. When I was a teenager and reading quite little I also had certains thoughts pop up that I today can see fully elaborated by many different people who write books and articles. You live within a cultural matrix that already gives you things at hand to think about even when you don't open books. There is little isolated thinking, most stuff is heritage.
>>
No. 63245
32 kB, 302 × 535
16 kB, 400 × 400
>>63220
>We mostly have carton boxes and glass bottles.
Not even the most alternative hippie farm would sell milk in glass bottle here.

>>63211
>We don't really drink milk here, just add it to tea.
Did you know that the wect drinks so much milk due to a multi-generational psyop was conducted by milk lobbies.
For exemple in France, the CNIEL (interprofessionnal national center of milk economy) is the strongest agrarian lobby group and one of the most influent of the country. They opperate by insinuating that milk products are necessary for the child's developement and that calcium in milk is necessary for keeping a good health. They out all of this in childrens heads by funding trip days to schools to go in country farms while putting an emphasis on cows, cow products and their calcium bullshit. They also distribute little books to children showing them they should eat milk products during school breaks. They also passed shit load of TV advertising and payed for pretty subtle product placements in famous french youtuber vids.

Milk lobbies also have a strong presence in the eu and try to influence food politics to make their "milk first source of calcium" bullshit not illegal.
>>
No. 63246
>>63242
>I think that first quote implies
It's only a half-quote though, because the complete thing "what is wrong with the modern left". Maybe THAT choice of words was indeed not the best, because thinking about it it can indeed be understood not quite as I meant. I should maybe have written "a main problem" or something, because obviously it's not EVERYONE (just most of them :^).

>from not understanding that I sometimes address different things in your posting than what you want to be addressed.
Of course I understand that. But by doing that you make it clear that you simply refuse to play by the rules; and changing the topic is usually seen as a sign that you don't have any arguments for the actual topic at hand or that maybe you are simply not able to follow the topic in the first place, and I assume you ARE able to.
I know it's an eristic strategem, but it's very irritating and one of those strategems that are only really effective if you have an actual audience instead of a few imageboard lurkers that might or might not follow this discussion at all.
>>
No. 63247 Kontra
>>63244
There's a difference between just pointing to something someone once said and providing an answer with a reference. If you are just writing about what others have written, that's a review, but you haven't done any original research.
Of course original research needs to be cross-referenced in order to prove you didn't do any bullshit, but your results are the results of your own work (hopefully) and should generally be able stand on their own.
>>
No. 63250 Kontra
>>63246
I'd say it is not a strategy of evasion. I shift the focus indeed, but not to evade a question I might not want to answer or cannot answer but because I care about other things in that post. I think I made clear already that I have no thought-through answer to these questions and pointed you to where you might get those on the left because I have listened to them 2 years ago or so. But it is not one of my main topics of interest, sadly I might say.
>>
No. 63253
>>63247
What I mean is you usually have a ton of references even though you put together your own thoughts in the end. In the (experimental?) natural sciences you have also experiment data that you have to get your hands on, which is something different. Nonetheless the experiments and the reason for your experiments usually have a frame of reference. Almost all arguments are based on references of what you didn't do but take for your own reasoning. In that case, there wasn't much of an argument just referencing to an argument, which can be done.
>>
No. 63254
150 kB, 1820 × 2048
>>63239
A lone wolf by definition isn't fathering anything. That's the point. I think you are personally misunderstanding. I understand exactly how it works, namely, it just werks when it werks, however you will notice the overall trend is towards better socialization and system integration, not towards atomization. A lone wolf is an outcast to the tribe and he isn't getting dick. In effect, the lone wolf is some incel who shoots up yet another American school. Even among apex predators there is very little solitary hunting going on, and when it does occur it is frequently outsmarted and outmaneouvered by some better coordinating group effort of a species.

Think for example the dolphin versus the shark. Or, and get this maybe it's just a crazy idea shartpost, but maybe what if you took some furless, clawless, toothless ape, and gave it a really big brain, and some super min/maxed comms and coordination skills, just maybe that ape with zero survivability on its own even against just the elements could take down all the world's apex predators combined. Absolutely schizo fatpost I know, but just imagine if it could work. I wonder what would happen if whole societies of these bickered among each other trying to be best lone wolf rather than uniting into one federated whole for example.
>>
No. 63256 Kontra
>>63254
Ohhh I see, you were just shartposting through the american lense. I am sorry then for trying to engage in actual discussion, carry on.
>>
No. 63258 Kontra
>>63254
In case it wasn't clear enough I should probably state explicitly that I was referring to the American colonies and famed "unite or die" Gadsden flag thing and uniting our continent as a whole while everyone from natives to Europeans were too busy trying to big dick each other to stop us from wearing them like plastic shower shoes. Unity scales, and that includes the very reason why villages federate into townships, towns into city metro areas, and cities into states and states into countries. It doesn't matter how badass you think your podunk city is when any state actor can just steamroll you.

Also on unrelated noteI dread so much bringing this up, but is it really necessary for you two to start namecalling with the "rightoids" this and "leftist drivel" that? Because what is the point of it even? Do you seriously think this somehow makes you more winning? Do you actually believe that anybody reading remarks like that is going to take what you have to say more seriously?
>>
No. 63263 Kontra
1,0 MB, 1316 × 1600
>>63258
You can take the Anon out of 4chan, but you can never take the 4chan out of Anon.
>>
No. 63265
>>63258
I call most things some derivative of -oid just as slang. I picked it up from hanging out with brick, though it's apparently an actual thing, though to me it forms the core of one of our oldest injokes that judging from the lack of responses when posted about on EC is /really/ inside (it's the P*rsoid s*rt one).

I kind of just use it whenever I've decided to shitpost a bit. Rightoid, sinoid, westoid, burgoid, germoid. I find it funny in its mix of disrespect and stupidity, and I'm not going to stop 2bh femme.
>>
No. 63266 Kontra
Youtube decided to delete the upload of the Manhunter Soundtrack (Special Limited Fanclub Edition) I was regularly listening to.
This makes me especially mad because I couldn't find the CD anywhere OR any kind of download, and now I'm left with nothing.
Youtube really needs to die, it won't be long until they're a subscription service anyway. Fuck them and their shitty business practices.
>>
No. 63267
>>
No. 63269
>>63242
There is no "Ozero" in list of cooperatives. Wikipedia rightoids don't want you to know how effective collective property can be.
>>
No. 63271
12,1 MB, 1280 × 720, 4:22
>>63266
>>63267
youtube-dl. Here's a helpful video on how to use it:
https://youtube-dl.org
>>
No. 63273
>>63269
Ebin :-DDD

Made me chuckle heartily.
>>
No. 63275
>>63269
Critical support for Ozero :DD
>>
No. 63276
>>63271
youtube-dl is dead, the active fork is yt-dlp: https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp

The original died because the author could no longer deal with all the threats of the copyright mobsters.
>>
No. 63277
>>62820
>one of whom makes 90% of their posts. He likes words like "FUCKING", "LITERALLY" and "AT THIS POINT".

Amazing, you made me snort out my drink. I can't quite tell why this is so funny to me, but damn. Read the thread from the top, came to your post and immediately realized how absurdely accurate you are. I would wager that there are 5-6 americans here that just blend into one person because it's pretty much impossible to distinguish them by their wording alone. Like a schizoid hivemind at constant war with its own opinions from yesterday.
>>
No. 63278
>>63277
>Like a schizoid hivemind at constant war with its own opinions from yesterday.
see
>>63238
>slippery slope.png
>>
No. 63282
>>63278
That graph annoys me, because one of the axes is not labeled.
Also, haloperidol is used to "treat" schizo, so it should have the opposite effect.
>>
No. 63284
32 kB, 600 × 337
Picked up the books from the library sale I had the librarian put aside. Pretty good find.
Also borrowed a copy of the Han Feizi to check out some of the chapters for my thesis.
Sadly the library doesn't have a copy in the original language by the looks so I'll be using ctext most likely, which is fine.
Librarian offered me a job. Basically I'd have to work 10 hours a week as a part timer entering data of volumes into a catalogue and also to help prepare books for disposal. Pretty good pay, and I'd be officially employed by the university. Would look good in a CV I think, and it'd actually be a kind of an entryway into academia imho.
Man, this is a fucking Int-Cha build we're playing with.

Had the last workshop class of the semester. It went well enough I guess. Ran into the lecturer on the way to the lecture and jokingly told her "Sorry Ms, I don't have the time to chat, I'm going to be late for your class."
Thankfully I don't have to write anything else for the class, my short essays are enough.
Workshops' assembly hall also had some free books but they were all kinda trash. Mostly old journals about loaning-policy. Not exactly in my scope of interest. I don't know anything about economics, but at least God hasn't cursed me to send me down the path to become an economist.

Mother had a problem with one of her teeth, so the household kinda fell apart for a few days. Haven't been eating properly and nobody did groceries because we're all doing different things and none of the operations in the house are coordinated most of the time.
So for example there was no lemon juice for the tea we make in the big jug. Bagged tea is undrinkable without lemon.
So yes, I haven't been eating properly for the past few days.

The Christmas season is upon us, which means I'm going to throw up even thinking about sweets in a few days, but I'll keep eating it anyway, because they're sweats. Today is Nikolaustag, so I got a bag of chocolate from my parents.
Relatives passed by yesterday and they gave me a bag too. That had a 5k banknote in it.
Parents' bag had nothing in it. My mother said "It's a bit more austere this year." to which I replied "A lot more austere to be precise." "Is it now?" "Truly it is."
I understand. I'm an understanding man. Life's bad right now.

But I'm starving for some actual food. Like something warm. Don't know about English but here "meleg étel" is an entire category of food, well actually considered food. A scone is not "food". Guess it'd be something like "eating a bunch of scones is not a proper meal". Yeah, what we call "warm food" here is "proper meal" in English. Yes, I need to make a proper meal. I'll probably cook some rice.
>>
No. 63285
>>63282
Wait, didn't you make that?
>>
No. 63286 Kontra
53 kB, 1077 × 543
Making fish fingers
>>
No. 63287
>>63285
No, because I'd have labeled both axes
t. autisté
>>
No. 63288
>>63287
There is nothing autistic about properly labelling axes.
>>
No. 63289
I wish vegetarianism was back to being more in vogue compared to veganism.
I care about my homies the mammals, and birbs. I don't give a flying FUCK about dem fish punks. Also, I'm pro-choice, so eating eggs doesn't count as killing living beings.

>>63288
Ok, I'd have properly labeled the axes
t. neurotypical
>>
No. 63290
Today I tried to install a printer for my mother and now I'm going to bed with much hate for the world, especially for anything to do with technology.

t. person with MSc in CS and 11 years experience as sysadmin
>>
No. 63291
>>63289
But eating fish is also not vegetarian.
>>
No. 63292
>>63291
Ok, well, there should be a new dietary philosophy based on mammalian supremacy + avian solidarity, and nothing else.

Also, recently I googled "is it bad to eat fish and milk", and all results in google were indian "doctors" claiming that it is unhealthy according to aevedic principles. Why is this allowed?

We need a contemporary moral framework for our eating habits. I propose we ban eating mushrooms and fungi because they're probably aliens and once their mothership arrives, they'll be mad at us for exterminating and consuming their kin.
>>
No. 63293
Today, I watched youtube all day. Can't even remember what I watched. The meter-reader will come the day after tomorrow. At least I think so. Someone took down the note, so maybe he wont come due to the covid.
My flat is an entire dumpsite. Really. It's bad. There is mold growing on the toilet seat, but I move forward more and more to avoid the mold. At this point, it's hard to hit the shitter. Can't let the meter-man in, that's for sure.

It was clean when I had gf, because I kept it clean for gf, so she wouldn't dump me, but she dumped me anyway. I wish I could have been good enough.

Haven't changed the sheets in 8-10 months. When I had gf, I changed them weekly, so we always had clean sheets.

Tomorrow, I'll have to go to work and train the trainee. I hate the trainee, because nothing is good enough for the scummy little asshole and his 19 year old wisdom.

"but that's improvised", fuck you, asshole, I can't conjure equipment out of thin air.

"but we won't earn money on this", fuck you, asshole. I'm not the fucking sales department, I did not sign a contract on which we were sure to lose money.
>>
No. 63294
>>63289
Why? I wouldn't think that anyone in your part of the world would even come in contact with that, tbh.

When I was in italy two months ago I was hardly able to find anything vegetarian. Even pricey restaurants had nothing to offer without meat, except for a single alibi dish for vegetarians that should've been named "The cooks shame".

I took a hint and adjusted my diet until I got back home, that way I could enjoy the good parts of the italien cuisine.

But that experience did leave me with a strong feeling that outside of the first world hipster countries there wasn't much vegetarianism going on, let alone veganism.
>>
No. 63295
2,9 MB, 576 × 720, 0:23
>>63293
What the fug. Clean your fugging place.
>>
No. 63296
>>63291
>>63292
Being vegetarian except for fish is called "pescetarian". However with fish you have the extra problem, that overfishing is a serious problem and that even most sweet water fish farms run on feeding shredded sea fish.

>>63289
>Also, I'm pro-choice, so eating eggs doesn't count as killing living beings.
In industrial egg production the male chicks are killed + the old hens too, once they don't fulfill the laying quotas anymore.

Sorry for the serious reply.
>>
No. 63298
>>63294
It's don't, only turbo hipsters go vegan here.
But I'm mainly interested in the moral argument tbh.

>>63296
As I said, I'm mostly interested in moral aspects, so I think the consumption aspect is more important to me than the production aspect. Because certain things can be both produced and consumed without harm, but other things can not be consumed without harm, as the production itself is inherently harmful.

As in, I'd be willing to pay 3-10x more for "ethically harvested" eggs as long as I get to eat them.

Because if we're going to make a moral argument based purely on the current production methods, we might as well stop wearing clothes or using electronics, since those rely on the suffering of poor innocent chinese children.

>chinese
>innocent
Yes I know, I'm making a hypothetical argument here give me a break
>>
No. 63299 Kontra
>>63294
>Even pricey restaurants had nothing to offer without meat, except for a single alibi dish for vegetarians that should've been named "The cooks shame".
Oh come on. You will always be able to find a Risotto, some pasta aglio e olio, spaghetti putanesca, etc. Granted, it's more difficult in the North, but the risotto still applies. Not an entire meal, but order it twice and at least you won't starve.

Still, it's hard to be vegetarian or vegan in Italy.

I'm vegan, and it's fucking hard in Germany, too. I have been at it for 1.2 years. But sometimes, I just want to run to the butchers and buy a fuckton of freshly butchered boiled meat. Rips, and tails, and ears... or liver.
Or bratwurst. There's a butcher in town that makes the best brats ever. They are not watery and soft at all, but hard and solid. You only get this by working the sausage meat very slowly and using more than the required amount of beef, and hardly any ice. Ex-gfs father delivered his cows to this butcher.

Only way I can keep at it is to remind myself that
a) This ruins the planet.
b) Those cows and pigs surely did not ask to become bratwurst.

And I wish I would not think like this, because it drives my social acceptance levels to below zero. Makes me a persona non grata. The weird enviro-green leftist dude who refuses to eat meat and doesn't own a car in his thirties. What a loser. I hate myself.
>>
No. 63300
>>63298
>It's don't, only turbo hipsters go vegan here.
Same in rural Germany. Apparently, I'm a turbo hipster.
>>
No. 63301
>>63298
>As I said, I'm mostly interested in moral aspects
Have you read "consider the lobster"?
It's a work of art.
>>
No. 63302
45 kB, 480 × 457
204 kB, 520 × 600
135 kB, 1125 × 969
>>63276
Thx, was wondering why it wouldn't update

>>63218
I'm only vaguely familiar with the (popular) work of Dawkins (notorious idiot), Dennett (another cringe atheist, dad worked for OSS btw lol), Pinker (the world is becoming a better place, if you think otherwise there's sth wrong with you, just look at all these graaaaphs man) and Diamond (dunno, one text I read by him was interesting but he's not exactly in good company here).
From what I know they mostly stick to reductionist materialist explananations that make nice content for popsci books and TED talks but are intellectually mediocre, mb alright as stepping stones to be overcome, but probably best avoided.

>>63284
>it'd actually be a kind of an entryway into academia
I wouldn't overestimate it lol, but it's probably better than nothing.

>>63293
Protip: take a picture of the meter, print it out and stick it on the outside of your door.
Better yet ofc, clean your room bucko etc.
>>
No. 63303
>>63302
Dan, it always annoys me when analytically brained nerds try to "understand" the "meaning" behind a work of art.
There's nothing to understand, you just have to experience it.
>>
No. 63304 Kontra
>>63302
>Protip: take a picture of the meter, print it out and stick it on the outside of your door.
Wonderful protip, thank you!
Second tip was what I planned to do, and failed. Of course, it will have to be done. But it's too many loads of washing, too many empty jars etc. Not feasible. Flat looks like the suite in "The Wall", but worse.
>>
No. 63305 Kontra
>>63296
>Being vegetarian except for fish is called "pescetarian".
Yeah and it's still not vegetarian. Vegetarian means not eating animals. If you eat animals, you're not vegetarian, period, no matter what you call it.
And to add my two pennies to the discussion: I don't find it morally wrong to eat meat per se, but the industrialized meat production has certainly gotten out of hand.
That said, especially being vegan is not something for poor people in Germany (unless they do it right and only eat regional+seasonal) and most of the annoying kind of vegans are urbanites so far removed from nature that the only plant they can properly identify is hemp.
>>
No. 63306
>>63302
>>63303
Also, how come artists and writers and musicians and shit have the sense to shut the fuck up and not talk about math and physics, but STEM nerds just go ahead and run their mouths about things they don't understand?

We have a STEM supremacy problem in our society, Artist Opinions Matter.
>>
No. 63307
>>63302
>We have a STEM supremacy problem in our society,
What? STEM-people have fuck-all to decide.
If anything, we have an MBA-supremacy problem.

BTW, there's a fuckton of anti-vaxxers out there who agree with you, 100%.
>>
No. 63308 Kontra
>>63307
He's obviously taking the piss, Brudi.
>>
No. 63309
>>63305
>That said, especially being vegan is not something for poor people in Germany (unless they do it right and only eat regional+seasonal)
Especially in this case, it's not something for poor people. Because eating seasonal and regional means you have the possibility to store vegetables for winter in your own decent cella, which most poor people don't have. Because a regional kg of carrots is twice the price of a kg of carrots from Pannonia or Almeria, etc.

Even branded Cordonbleau-Ersatz is cheaper than the real thing from a butcher.
>>
No. 63310
>>63307
I Trust The Science(tm) as a methodology, I don't trust scientists as people.
There's a difference there.

Besides, this is a false equivalence. In their field of expertise, their opinions are valuable. But there seems to be this trend of tech/stem nerds trying to act like socio-political activists and giving their tone-deaf randian takes on various issues, and people actually take them seriously.

The Insane Clown Posse were unironically right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GyVx28R9-s&t=112s
>>
No. 63311
>>63299
We come from completely different places, man. I have absolutely zero cravings for meat and I never tried to be vegan. It kinda happened over the past years and it was a process driven by curiosity more than anything. Sometime in the beginning of 2020 I realised that I had lived almost vegan for nearly 3 months without planing to do so. The only exceptions were two cans of Yoghurt and one pot of crème fraîche (in about 3 months).

Also, I don't call myself vegetarian or vegan or anything because it's not an important thing for me. When I'm invited somewhere I usually eat meat because that's what's there and I don't see much reason to make a fuzz about it. The people around me don't think of me as a vegan and I'm not treated as such as a consequence, even though at home I have a 95+% plant based diet.

I guess this is the first time I've ever talked about it at length. And I haven't even said one word about the why :-DDD
>>
No. 63312 Kontra
>>63309
>Because a regional kg of carrots is twice the price of a kg of carrots from Pannonia or Almeria, etc.
Sucks to be an urbanite.
>>
No. 63313
>>63310
>But there seems to be this trend of tech/stem nerds trying to act like socio-political activists and giving their tone-deaf randian takes on various issues, and people actually take them seriously.
Yeah, we should really let the artists and writers keep doing it, what can go wrong? :--DDDDDDDD
>>
No. 63314
>>63313
I will NOT be shipped through Amazon Prime(tm) on Musk's SpaceX(tm) rocket to work as a mars terraform slave while strapped to an Oculus Rift(tm) VR headset in Zuckerberg's parallel reality hell dimension also known as the Metaverse(tm), thank you very much.

Also, scientists should stop making claims that reproducible observations equate to truth, because that's a philosophical statement, and philosophy is gay and stupid.
>>
No. 63315
>>63310
OK, but you trust artists as people, because they are somehow morally superior and won't lie to you?
Is it better to trust a fool who does not even try to know the truth than to trust a STEM-Nerd who has the methods to approximate truth, but could, theoretically, lie to you?

>>63311
>When I'm invited somewhere I usually eat meat because that's what's there and I don't see much reason to make a fuzz about it.
Still means a mammal was bred and killed under very vile circumstances for people to eat. I do my best to not make it difficult for my hosts, but I decided to not eat meat. This is not an arbitrary thing and I did not decide for arbitrary reasons. If this means that my supper is salad and bread, so be it. That's fine, I still get fed, that's more than many people can say for themselves.

My parents did not bring me into this world to increase the sum of all suffering. It's a matter of principle.
>>
No. 63316
58 kB, 594 × 611
Ernst, in this video https://youtu.be/J44svaQc5WY?t=327 there is a commercial for scanning receipts and getting points that can be used for Google Play store and other things. Is this basically data collecting for a wimpy bonus in exchange? What will this data be used for, is it tied to phone numbers?

>>63302
Thanks for the elaboration. I thought Brockman is more on the systemic side with his publications, so no reductionism. Guess it's due to the evolutionary zeal.

>the emperors cloth

It's kinda comical to use this. There is a certain batch of people, a certain character to use this. The: "oh my goodness, am I the only one to see the banality and obviousness of these things? Why are people sheeple?" The boomer version of the atheist edgelord.

>>63284
>Pretty good pay, and I'd be officially employed by the university. Would look good in a CV I think, and it'd actually be a kind of an entryway into academia IMHO.

Don't want to burst the academic bubble, but from my experience of working in the uni library won't bring you anywhere near that. It's a calm job, not too hard albeit tiring like most wage labor. But I all I did more or less was sorting borrowed books back into the shelf. Take the job, you said the pay is good, libraries are nice (I miss the old uni library) and the job serves your interests and you can pay the nice things when the family has to be stricter now.
I'm not into academia yet, even though that is the plan so far. But now in my master program I talked to one person I do tutoring for about writing a dissertation, maybe I will ask other as well, but only when I have a good exposé which I'm still far away from atm it seems. One way to go is talking to people about these things directly. If you want to get in a way many people do: ask the lecturers you like about the "helping hand jobs" in German it's Studentische Hilfskraft SHK they probably have in Hungary as well. Those student jobs where they do work for professors/lecturers like researching literature, copying, helping organize events etc. I did this. I ask lecturers if they look for people or if they know about vacant jobs, people that are on the lookout for a helping hand. They might refer you to somebody. It can work, or not. But you have to try. I will have to ask some people again in a month to hopefully find a job for the summer term.

>>63292
>I propose we ban eating mushrooms and fungi because they're probably aliens and once their mothership arrives, they'll be mad at us for exterminating and consuming their kin.

Great scenario, wish it was true, just to see the surprised faces. Also, what does a fungi mothership looks like?
>>
No. 63317
>>63315
Smart people are better at lying, dumb peoples' lies are easy to spot, so it makes more sense to be distrustful of smart people.

It's the same with morality, actually. Dumb people are merely amoral, and just do whatever, moral or not.
You need a certain level of intelligence to construct a moral framework, and a certain level of intelligence to subvert such moral framework, so only smart people can be explicitly immoral.

Same reason animals have no capacity for evil, btw.
>>
No. 63318
>>63314
>I will NOT be shipped through Amazon Prime(tm) on Musk's SpaceX(tm) rocket to work as a mars terraform slave while strapped to an Oculus Rift(tm) VR headset in Zuckerberg's parallel reality hell dimension also known as the Metaverse(tm), thank you very much.
You sound slightly paranoid and insane. Moguls come and go. The empires of the Fuggers, the Carnegies, the Rockefellers and the Gracchae fell. There is no reason to assume it will be different for Musk, Zuckerberg and Bezos.

>Also, scientists should stop making claims that reproducible observations equate to truth, because that's a philosophical statement, and philosophy is gay and stupid.
Then you shouldn't trust science as a methodology, because the foundations of the methodology are gay and stupid.
>>
No. 63319
>>63314
None of those are scientists, though.

>>63315
>Still means a mammal was bred and killed under very vile circumstances for people to eat.
Not necessarily.

>My parents did not bring me into this world to increase the sum of all suffering.
Do you do anything to actively reduce suffering, like helping at a Tafel, working a Pflegeberuf, being sad so Brick can be happy? Passively? Donating money to Doctors without Borders? Not buying chinese child labor products? Not supporting companies that are known for exploiting their workers? Other things?
And how is life itself NOT suffering? You live, you suffer, that's a fact. So why have you not taken your own life yet? There are lots of things you can do, you just need to be consequential in what you are doing.
>>
No. 63320
>>63318
>Then you shouldn't trust science as a methodology, because the foundations of the methodology are gay and stupid.
I don't.
In fact, I don't believe in causality in genral. Every time a sensory input enters my brain, I assume it to be a completely independent event from any previous inputs received, so I maintain a constant expression of shock and surprise at all times, because it's as if the Universe is being destroyed and recreated every 60hz, which is the refresh rate of the Universe and also the highest refresh rate the human eye can see.
>>
No. 63321
>>63319
Everyone is a scientist, the only question is whether their observations are peer reviewed or better yet, published in a journal or not.
>>
No. 63322
>>63302
>everything I don't like is reductionist materialism
Are you the germanball who says that nothing is real and everything is culturally constructed?
>>
No. 63323
41 kB, 750 × 500
>>63299
>b) Those cows and pigs surely did not ask to become bratwurst
To end up as the tastiest bratwurst in all of Franconia is, all things considered, not the worst fate for a piggie.
Granted, it's sad that they'd end up as fried sausages. Fried sausages presumably served with some bland side dish - but this might be the best a German pig could possibly achieve. It's not a prime suckling, presented tastefully with a rich and corpulent pepper sauce baked with its own fat and enjoyed alongside a refreshing sarmentinho, but ending as sausage still the best purpose a german pig culd hope for. dogg, I miss eating leitão

>a) This ruins the planet.
Performing such a sacrifice to save the planet is a overkill in the grand scope of things. Especially such a permanent abstention from meat eating. Working to limit your carbon footprint by eating less meat than middle ages peasants ever did is too much.
>>
No. 63324
>>63317
That's a weird dichotomy to construct. The power to deceit is mostly a social skill, not an analytical skill.
Trust in a third person should not be determined by their level of deceitfulness or ability to deceit, but by the probability at which they keep up an (implicit) contract.

What is the point in trusting someone who has good intentions, but will not be able to deliver? You will be just as fucked as if he deceited you on purpose.
>>
No. 63325
>>63316
>>63302
I thought of it more as “building clout” since it’s not the general library but the specialised East Asian Institue Library and the librarian is also a lecturer who teaches at the faculty.
Obviously it’s not a below-adjunct level teaching position at the faculty itself, I don’t have illusions of that.
>>
No. 63326
650 kB, 1009 × 1317
>>63324
>What is the point in trusting someone who has good intentions, but will not be able to deliver?
The moral character of the action itself.

An honest failure > successful deceit
>>
No. 63327
>>63325
Academia is shit anyway, your objective should be to get a cushy job that pays for your lifestyle and then pursue your interests in private.
>>
No. 63328
Consequentialism is gay and stupid.
This post brought to you by:
Deontology gang
>>
No. 63329
812 kB, 1200 × 675
>>63326
>An honest failure > successful deceit
The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

t. Sylvester Seagal
>>
No. 63330
>>63322
No

>>63325
>librarian is also a lecturer who teaches at the faculty.
Ah yeah, I wasn't sure whether I remembered that right, in that case it's probably a good start, and anyways congrats for the job offer!
>>
No. 63331 Kontra
>>63323
>in Franconia
Fuck. How do you know that?

>Overkill
>In the grand scheme of things
How can I look in the mirror if I don't work what infinitesimal influence I have? Abstaining from meat is honestly the biggest lever I have, however small it might be. For some time, I contemplated stopping to eat, my therapist talked me out of it.

>Working to limit your carbon footprint by eating less meat than middle ages peasants ever did is too much.
The middle ages were a long and diverse period of time, with circumstances varying greatly between time and place.
For central Europe during the thirteenth century, medieval peasants sure ate more meat than I. For all we know, they also ate more meat than most people eat today. Reference: Some book by Massimo Livi Bacci, forgot the title.
They drove pigs into the forests to get fat on acorns, then butchered them. Something you can get away with in a climate optimum with a low population density.

We do not live in a climate optimum and have ten times the population density. We do not feed pigs acorns, but soy. This soy is grown on the poorest soil of the planet, and growing soy depletes those soils in years, not decades. Rainforests are cut down to feed pigs.

Definitely not OK to me in any way.
I can not influence what other people do. I want no part in this. Washing my hands in relative innocence is pathetic, but it is the best I can possibly do.
>>
No. 63332
>>63327
>Academia is shit anyway, your objective should be to get a cushy job that pays for your lifestyle and then pursue your interests in private.
Cushy jobs that pay for your lifestyle are not a thing. You can pic one of the two.
>>
No. 63333
>>63329
>The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
But the path to hell would be paved more efficiently and cheaper if one were to employ Elon Musk's Boring Company(tm).
>>
No. 63334
>>63333
Elon Musk's Boring company is neither cheap nor efficient, but a giant scam. Let them pave the way to hell and we'll be saved.
>>
No. 63335
>>63332
>Cushy jobs that pay for your lifestyle are not a thing.
That entirely depends on your lifestyle. I once worked a job in one of the most expensive regions in Germany that paid basically minimum wage. I ate mostly cabbage, potatos and onions with the odd piece of bacon or salami. After half a year I still had enough money saved to build a new computer.
Being poor is not a matter of income, but of spending.
>>
No. 63336
>>63331
>For some time, I contemplated stopping to eat
Mein Gott... ok, you're ok then :DD

>Fuck. How do you know that?
From where else would a militant vegan lament not eating bratwurst? :DD
>>
No. 63337
>>63331
> For some time, I contemplated stopping to eat, my therapist talked me out of it.
Damn, why are veganism and mental illness such a popular combo?
>>
No. 63338
I have come up with a koan of my own authorship.
An enlightened buddhist zen tao master monk is walking down the road with a stick in his hands.
On the road, he meets a philosopher. He asks the philosopher, "is this stick real?". The philosopher says "no, it is merely a construct of the mind".
The buddhist master hits him in the head with the stick, and the philosopher dies.
The monk keeps walking.
Later, walking down the road, the monk meets a scientist, ans asks "is this stick real?". The scientists says "yes, it is an observable object with measurable and predictable properties, for all intents and purposes, it is real". The monk hits him in the head with the stick, and the scientist dies.
The monk keeps walking.

What is the moral of this story?

>>63332
Would you say it counts as an honest failure or a successful deceit (regarding claims of efficiency)?
>>
No. 63339
>>63337
Because all the car-nuts avoid therapists, I guess.
>>
No. 63340
>>63338
>Would you say it counts as an honest failure or a successful deceit (regarding claims of efficiency)?
No.
>>
No. 63341
>>63338
>What is the moral of this story?
That monks can be dicks.
>>
No. 63342 Kontra
Everything Musk does is a scam or fooling around on government money. Except for maybe Tesla, which does turn a profit.
SpaceX is going bankrupt even though it had a fuckload of cash funelled into it while the US destroyed NASA for le reddit man’s space corp.
>>
No. 63343
>>63339
Did some dude in a Golf steal your girl or what?
Man I wish I had the luxury of not needing a car.
>>
No. 63344
>>63339
>Because all the car-nuts avoid therapists, I guess.
That's a generalization.
I own a car, and don't avoid therapists. In fact, I steer right towards them!
>>
No. 63345
>>63338
>>63344
Did you have a clown for breakfast today or what??
Jk, I actually had a good laugh
>>
No. 63346
>>63345
I read Ecclesiastes and Tao Te Ching back to back and realized that it's pointless and vain to try to have "serious discussions" on an online messageboard, and I should just shitpost aggressively instead.

King Solomon and Laozi probably didn't mean it in that way, but you know, death of the author and all that.
>>
No. 63347
This thread is incredibly boring.
You are all boring.
You bore me to tears.
Waah-waah.
>>
No. 63348
>>63322
No, he isn't and I don't think that everything is simply culturally and socially mediated/constructed, matter and symbols and social relations go into each other and it's still not clear to humans how that actually works, but it surely is not a matter of physical laws alone. At least I don't see how we could reason that without sounding stupid when confronting what we humans like to call reality.

Also, why don't you give us a take on these authors, you seem to have read them as well.
>>
No. 63349
>>63348
>Also, why don't you give us a take on these authors, you seem to have read them as well.
What makes you think that? I don't read popsci because it's meaningless. It's too shallow to actually learn something and if it's not about some crazy shit like the inception of the universe and the theoretical implications it's not even entertaining.
That said, I read "The Selfish Gene", but that was at a time when genetics was decades further than when the book was written, so it wasn't anything particularly exciting.
Beyond that, I don't care for any of those people personally, because I am not a retard who can't "separate the art from the artist". Even if someone is an annoying in-your-face atheist they might have a point here and there.
>>
No. 63350
>>63349
Separating the art from the artist is like separating the fart from the fartist.
Like in principle it doesn't matter where the smell came from, but you can't help but judge.
>>
No. 63351
>>63350
Damn brick you're on fire tonight. Are you having an insomnia episode?
>>
No. 63353
>>63350
How do smell and other properties of a fart relate to the fartist?

>>63349
>What makes you think that?

It sounded like you know these books are not propagating material reductionism.

>I don't read popsci because it's meaningless. It's too shallow to actually learn something

I initially asked out of curiosity what Ernst might have experienced with these people in order to get an unbiased opinion. Because these books brought to contract by Brockman with a reason could be potential sources for a history.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/675555?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents

And english-language updated version of what I read in German from 2013 and that made me throw that question at Ernst.
>>
No. 63354
>>63306
Everyone is competent enough to talk about art from position of spectator. Same way you don't need to be engineer to say "my refrigerator is shitty, door doesn't close properly".
>>
No. 63355
>>63354
>Same way you don't need to be engineer to say "my refrigerator is shitty, door doesn't close properly".
Disagree.
Your grandma probably has no qualification to say whether your computer is working properly, not working properly, or working at all.
You can show the average person a particle accelerator and they won't be able to tell if it's working properly or not.
Average person stares at digital screens for 8 hours a day, yet they don't even know if their screen is displaying colors correctly, because they've never seen a properly calibrated monitor.

And so on. Your fridge analogy, applied to art, would be like the average person being able to tell that there are pages torn off the book. They wouldn't be able to comment on anything regarding the inside workings of the book, or the refrigerator.
>>
No. 63359 Kontra
>>63305
>If you eat animals, you're not vegetarian
Nobody claimed that.
>>
No. 63362
>>63359
You know how it was meant, but the lack of a proper term for "man" in the english language is really irritating. And no, "one" isn't a proper analogue.
That said, I indeed once had an argument with a girl who claimed to be vegetarian "yeah I only eat fish". The funniest thing about such cases is that the fish/meat distinction comes from the middle ages christian culture and thus should be outright refused by any progressives.
>>
No. 63366
>>63362
>by any progressives.
Or any Protestant. Fuck Lent. :-DD
>>
No. 63373
>>63366
Aren't you Calvinists? Shouldn't you be even more strict?
>>
No. 63378
>>63373
Nearly no one is strictly Galbinist in Switzerland, the few people in this country who are still Protestant (not me) are part of the ecumenical association of Protestant Church of Switzerland. It’s really non sectarian and encourage self learning of the writings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Church_of_Switzerland