What mystifies me about post-sovok countries is that formally, they have institutions and structures and laws and shit, that all individually sort of function. They perform some kind of actions, people work there, papers are released, etc. But the output of this whole system, the end result, is NOT a real functioning state.
I wish I had a brain big enough to hold the state processes of this entire country so I could understand it. But what I can see is the end result, which is a parody of a real state, where nothing really works.
Are you sick? Go to local polikinika and a clueless doctor will prescribe you aspirin and tell you to fuck off. If it's something serious or obscure, they'll send you to an endless chain of tests and analyses, that will return inconclusive results until you give up because you ran out of money.
Or you could go to a private clinic to get more of the same, except more expensive.
Contact the police about crime, they will show up, shuffle their feet, leave, and then call you asking to retract your plea because they won't do anything anyway, and all you're doing is inconveniencing them with paperwork.
Courts are a joke. The son of some mid-level official can run over 6 people on his BMW, killing 2, and walk free within a week. Real story. (actually multiple stories)
ALL big businesses are owned by a single clique of oligarchs. And middle businesses are owned by those who lick their ass. If you start a company, and it gets successful, someone on behalf of nazarbayev's family will walk into your office, and tell you to vacate the premises within the week, or else. I am not joking this is what happens.
Education is a joke.
My mom is a school teacher, and for the last decade there's been "programs" to "modernize" education, as in adopt the american system with credits and "creative thinking" and "engaging lessons", etc. In reality, this forces teachers to do tons of paperwork in addition to running classes, which leaves them with unpaid overtime. Books are written by complete retards, to the point where teachers look back on soviet education system with nostalgia. And NONE of it actually works, because it was all an excuse to launder state budget all along.
People in Wect call universities adult daycares, but they haven't seen post sovok yet. We have over 9000 specializations and titles for diplomas, yet none of them matter because all unis are Provincial Highschool 2: Electric Boogaloo. People come out of unis with impressive titles on their diplomas, and then go to bazaars to sell sunflower seeds.
All public infrastructure has been privatized by Important People(tm), and most of it is geared towards adding more tax over official tax. Some years ago they implemented digital bus cards. Now instead of bus drivers and conductors getting cash money for their services, some fucker who owns the digital card system gets all the money, while the buses still come very 40 minutes, and are 15 years old without maintenance. ANY public service you can think of is privatized by someone.
The most comical situation is with parking. Some oligarch fuckhead came up with an epic big brain idea: what if we put cameras and parking terminals on every patch of land that people used to park their cars on, and force people to pay parking fees on public land? And if they don't, we record their plate numbers and fine them.
The only two cities that are somewhat developed is Almaty and Astana. Astana the capital has been renamed to Nur-Sultan by our First President to his first name, but I refuse to call it that. But even then, both those cities are shitholes, and consist of like 10% of the country. The other 90% are Somalia tier, but you never hear about them because they're so small and isolated. It is so bad that people from the two big cities can engage in sex tourism in the other cities as if they were americans going to thailand.
I could go on and on and on and on and on, but you get the point.
Do NOT believe any propaganda about how Kazakhstan is very developed and great country and quickly developing stable state surrounded by shitholes. Kazakhstan is biggest shithole of them all.
In fact, the way Borat portrays Kazakhstan is flattering once you dig beneath the surface.
I hate this fucking country so much it's unreal>>66826
If you want pseudo-cocaine that will give you schizophrenia, or dry, overpriced weed, or fake LSD, or other meme drugs, sure.
I want medication.
I don't even care if they ban actual recreational drugs, what baffles me is that they choose to stay in sovok times and ban any new type of medication that comes out from west, while not advancing the field of medicine at all (scientific research on post sovok: ha!), but pretending to be progressive and advanced.