/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

Currently at Radio Ernstiwan:


Hail Odin! by Christenklatscher666

M3U - XSPF


File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 66948 Systemkontra
160 kB, 601 × 800
Why are we on a German website? What are they saying on /b/? Why do we shop at LIDL?
>>
No. 66950
> shop at LIDL
Stealing food is not shopping

t. Schwarz

You are not alone though, there's even a song about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kBcm-ls8Y
>>
No. 66951
7,2 MB, 2643 × 4062
Observing this threda.
t. definitely not the stasi
>>
No. 66954
273 kB, 1753 × 2047
133 kB, 1356 × 668
An enemy appears. It is a less favorite market of mine. Every German discounter has its advantages and disadvantages though.
>>
No. 66955
https://music.yandex.ru/users/music-blog/playlists/1768
This is what music Germans like to listen to.
No Rammstein or Nina Hagen, only gay autotune rap.
>>
No. 66956 Kontra
21 kB, 399 × 525
Broke: East Germany vs. West Germany
Woke: Aldi Süd vs. Aldi Nord
>>
No. 66957
>>66954
>Every German discounter has its advantages and disadvantages though.
Except Netto. Netto is the most bydlo supermarket in its respective area, no exceptions.
>>
No. 66958
>>66957
Do you mean Norma? Netto is solid nowadays and has been since 10 years or so.
>>
No. 66960
>>66957
I'm not buying customers, I'm buying groceries. So, whatever.
>>
No. 66961 Kontra
2,8 MB, 1858 × 1573
>>66956
Coincidence? I think not!
>>
No. 66962
>>66956
We only got Aldi Süd here, so I guess I'm in that camp. Wish there were more tbh, aldi isn't big enough to have a big footprint so they're often kind of inconvenient for me to go to.
>>
No. 66964
53 kB, 810 × 456
>>66956
Our Aldi uses the northern logo. What are the geopolitical implications of this?
>>
No. 66965
97 kB, 1024 × 449
>>66962
We need more soldiers to conquer, er, bring goods and services to the rest of the world.
>>66964
> What are the geopolitical implications of this?
See map. Like Germany, the rest of the world is also split up.
>>
No. 66966
>>66965
>ALDI Süd has both, China and USA
I'm moving back to ALDI Süd territory this instance
>>
No. 66967
>>66966
Move somewhere close to the border so you can take advantage of both easily.
>>
No. 66968
42 kB, 1024 × 576
>>66958
No, I mean Netto, the pic related one.
Every single one I have ever been to was shit, SHIT!
>>
No. 66969
>>66965
I find it hard to believe the Aldi family would send their best for both China and the USA. They found one of the Aldis more fit for the anglosphere and another more apt for the refined palates of France. Aldi Nord superiority established with facts and logic.
>>
No. 66970
>>66969
>implying the frogs who buy anything from Germans have a refined palate
Your logic already failed in its premise.
>>
No. 66971
>>66968
They even have a small meat/cheese counter, local bottled beers and an oriental corner usually, what's your problem? :DDD
>>
No. 66972
>>66971
>They even have a small meat/cheese counter, local bottled beers and an oriental corner usually
Here they have nothing like that, apart from the "oriental" corner, which is all just Baktat stuff anyway.
Also, their vegetables are usually of shit quality, provided I even get what I want because they're stocked like ass.
>>
No. 66973
>>66972
Yeah Netto has shit vegetables and fruit, their Donuts from the Backstation are good though. it's a pity that my Aldi does not have Arabic foods though. But Aldi has foreign beer cans (mostly Spanish?) on offer every now and then, I like to buy them when eating fries with Schnitzel at home
>>
No. 66974
>>66972
Yeah, it's Baktat but it's nice if you want to buy some pita bread etc. The vegetable/fruit quality was fine when I used to go to Netto, in fact I bought some Spanish garlic as Aktionsware there once which was superb.
>>
No. 67010
<Enter Spar
<Roam a bit
<Ask the cashier
"Good morning, I thought you would have some of that German exotic things like that salty ones in your supermarket. Don't you have them?"
"I am afraid not"
"Ohh how disappointing"
>>
No. 67018
>>67010
What kind of salty stuff is Spain missing that you'd call it exotic? It's always a trip to learn something you take for granted is unknown elsewhere.

Related, I am in the process of "playing" the virtual museum mode of AC Origins and at one point the narrator said Egypt (of two thousand years ago) imported exotic fruits from Europe. Didn't elaborate on that either, leaving me puzzled what kind of stuff they must have had back then.
>>
No. 67019
  1. Because it's part of the plan.
  2. We talk about this plan and other plans.
  3. Because it's part of the plan.
>>
No. 67023
>>67010
Fun fact: SPAR is not a german supermarket chain, but an association of supermarkets that don't necessarily have something to do with each other.
In fact, the last time I have been to a SPAR was in Italy around 15 years ago.
My village used to have one, but it closed down around y2k.
>>
No. 67029
>>67023
>My village used to have one, but it closed down around y2k.
My village has one and it survived since I was a kid. There aren't many around, but SPAR is a staple of my childhood.

Despite all the knowledge on discount supermarkets, there is little about the Germans on this threda. One day, I'll go to Germany to learn more about these people. There's only so much one can learn from running /b/ threads through google translate.
>>
No. 67030
>>67029
>There's only so much one can learn from running /b/ threads through google translate.
There is very little to learn from /b/ threads, since Ernsts are extremely passive and rarely post.
If you want to understand Germans better, read Kurt Tucholsky.
What he wrote already more than 100 years ago is still exactly as valid today as it was back then.
>>
No. 67032
>>67029
>One day, I'll go to Germany to learn more about these people.

You can visit me and I teach you everything you need to know. You can sleep in my garage and i feed you with cheese and ice cream.
>>
No. 67033
>>67032
No bread? Portugal has to know that every guest is welcomed with Brotklopfer, getting the beatings with a proper German bread.

>>67029
The Germans here are quite German tbh.
>>
No. 67034
>>67033
>getting the beatings with a proper German bread.
In my village it is custom that every newcomer got it the first week after they arrived.
They were brought to the village square and the Ortsvorsteher symbolically threw a Pumpernickel at them.
Before WW1 apparently every villager threw a roll/bun/whatever the proper english term for a simple fucking Brötchen ist at the newcomers, as a way of welcoming them and giving them some food to start out.
During the war it was dropped due to famine etc. and afterwards it was deemed to unhygienic having to collect all the bread from the ground, especially if it was a rainy day, so they introduced that thing with the Pumpernickel.
>>
No. 67036
>>67032
You may yet regret offering hospitality.

>>67033
>>67034
Do you really pelt newcomers with bread? Seems exceptionally rude. Trying to find out more about this, I found out about Bäckerschupfen. It seems bread is a central piece of German identity.
>>
No. 67037
>>67036
>Seems exceptionally rude
Well, at least in my village's case, it was a banter-y kind of way of welcoming new people, a small, harmless hazing ritual you also got some bread out of.
Can't speak for other regions though, especially in the southmost parts they are genuinely evil.

But yeah, bread is great. German bread is extremely diverse and there has always been a great variety.
An acquaintance of mine lived in the Netherlands for some time and she said while she didn't really miss anything about Germany, she definitely missed the bread.

And my grandma had this quirk that she always had to have bread at home, because you can't NOT have bread at home! So she usually bought one fresh loaf and one for freezing (though freezing bread is pretty good, if you let it cut at the bakery). My mom used to mock her for that, "yeah what if the bread police comes and checks on your bread stock?".
>>
No. 67038
>>67036
> seems bread is a central piece of German identity
BBB - Bread, beer, bsausage
>>
No. 67039
89 kB, 671 × 960
>>67038
I smiled, have this for your effort.
>>
No. 67040
>>67039
Now that's some big Knödel
>>
No. 67042
794 kB, 800 × 600
>>67037
> And my grandma had this quirk that she always had to have bread at home,
My grandmother kept the wrapping paper of all the presents she got, to re-use. No idea how old your gram was (is?) but this has to be connected to the second World War, starvation and scarcity of everything.
>>
No. 67043
>>67036
>Do you really pelt newcomers with bread? Seems exceptionally rude.

It is both a gesture of German hospitality and a showing off of bread quality, since Germans are very proud of their bread in all its varieties, there are heated arguments on what bread is a good one and which is not. The bread is not "broken" by your body but afterward with a quality bread knife.
>>
No. 67044
>>67042
Yeah, it's why food is such an issue, grandmas loved their grandchildren "through the stomach".
My grandma kept thousands of bags to transport and wrap things. The bags from grocery stores, department stores etc. all stored for later occasions, I wonder if that is the trauma of having to flee from the Russians and always having everything at hand to pack your things and go, it's just too handy to neglect. Anytime I was at grandparents houses and there was something to take with you, grandma said I have a bag for you and brought one from their storage.
>>
No. 67045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZkPZq0fr5U

Do non-German Discounter have these? It's a complex amalgam of German culture: bread, engineering and Discounter markets.
>>
No. 67046
>>67038
Only now I realized that I've been to Germany. We visited our far relatives in Nuremberg when I was kid. Because only thing I remember about it is eating sausages. I've never eaten anything so tasty.

>>67042
Not necessary. Mom also obsessed with having bread in house. But she reigns terror into rest of the family by trying to throw away old stuff which nobody uses. And doesn't stock supplies like we do.
>>
No. 67047
>>67042
That wasn't just my grandma (she died over 10 years ago btw). My mom's generation is still like this. Gladly she never scolded us for ripping the paper of presents, she knows it's kinda silly. But yeah, the bread thing is certainly something from the war, just like using butter EVERYWHERE and cooking all vegetables to a pulp (because it lets you use rotten and old shit, potential calories > vitamins).
And then of course using lots of canned and frozen stuff because in the 50s you were (considered) rich people if you had cans and a freezer.

>>67044
Mine also had lots of bags, but then again, so do I. Just like with handkerchiefs, you never know when you might need one, hence I always have some kind of bag handy in my backpack, car and depending on what jacket I am wearing, in that one too.

My other grandma, who was not german, had this thing for always picking bones clean. Like when a normal person eats a grilled chicken or something, there's always some specks of meat left, or skin, especially around the cartilage.
Not so my grandma. When she was finished with a bone, a dog couldn't have gotten anymore meat from it. I am in fact wondering why she didn't also break the bones to get the marrow out.
I only know a few stories of her wartime experiences, but it's understandable why she did that.
>>
No. 67048
391 kB, 800 × 799
Germans love bread, and they’re also really fucking good at making it.
Whenever I happen to be in a German speaking country I’m astonished at the quality of their bread during breakfast.

I once ordered a book from Germany and the package came with this stamp on it.
The Germans know, and they’re smug about it.
>>
No. 67049
62 kB, 980 × 490
>>67046
> Because only thing I remember about it is eating sausages
<- These?
>>
No. 67050
>>67049
Oh man I have to get groceries today, I guess I know what I will buy :3
>>
No. 67051
>>67048
> The Germans know, and they’re smug about it
We have to be able to be proud of SOMETHING. But a lot is tainted by connections to ze Nazis.
>>
No. 67052
99 kB, 1000 × 750
>>
No. 67053
74 kB, 640 × 480
>>67052
No idea where you got that from but they usually are thinner, longer, and in a different bun. And the mustard is not as fancy.
>>
No. 67054
>>67053
The were many of them but The Sausage was long like in your pic. Bread was also long, like in my pic (like a usual hot-dog). Mustard was light-yellow (in Russia it's usually darker). The Sausage was more grey.
It was a paved square near cathedral. Day was very sunny.
>>
No. 67055
96 kB, 1470 × 980
>>67047
>But yeah, the bread thing is certainly something from the war
It might not necessarily be. There's also a cultural norm here of bread needing to be present at every table during any meal.

>>67044
Even this needing to feed your grandchildren is something that both my grandmothers had. One of them was more pushy about the necessity of eating a daily serving of food when I visited, but in that case it was indeed because she starved as a child
>>
No. 67056
>>67053
Oh man, I'd really like a Rostwurst now.
>>
No. 67057
>>67018
Well, the... That thing that is made of bread that resembles a bow and has grains of salt over it. That is enough exotic for me. Pls continue reading

>>67023
Ohhh thanks. Not even the bags with all sorts of cookies inside. They were in Schlecker [sic] years ago. That was exotic.
>>
No. 67058
26 kB, 569 × 320
>>67054
Since you were in Franconia you had "Drei im Weckla" (three in a bun) infa 100. It's a regional thing. In most areas of Germany instead of 3 small sausages you get a big one.
>>
No. 67059
>>67058
Let this finally shut up those who say that all German regions are the same!
>>
No. 67061
1,0 MB, 2304 × 1728
>>67059
Who says that?
>>
No. 67062
86 kB, 1024 × 833
>>67057
> That thing that is made of bread that resembles a bow and has grains of salt over it
Say it with me: Bre-zel. No, not "pretzel", es ist Deutschland hier.
>>
No. 67063 Kontra
>>67062
In case you ACTUALLY want to say it, here's a link to a pronunciation website. They even have Bavarian, jo mei!

https://forvo.com/search/brezel/de/
>>
No. 67065
>>67062
God, I love Brezeln. I could eat them every day.
Why are they so good?
>>
No. 67066
462 kB, 2000 × 1500
I bought bread.
And ate it. I love the end pieces of fresh bread.
I also had a 300g steak as side
>>
No. 67067
>>67066
> I love the end pieces of fresh bread
https://www.atlas-alltagssprache.de/r10-f3h/?child=runde

For anyone not speaking German, this is a project to map regional differences in the German (informal) language, either concerning nouns or verbs. I participated a couple of times.
>>
No. 67069
>>67067
Sabotaging this project by uploading several recordings, claiming my accent is Pomeranian.
>>
No. 67070
>>67062
You won't believe me if I asked a lady from a bread shop how they were called. She gave me the right answer... But I forgot.

Breeetzelll
Bretzel
Bretzel
>>
No. 67071
>>67069
It's a questionnaire. And if that was directed at the forvo link, I'm sure they delete stuff that's reported often. What's your problem, anyway?
>>
No. 67072
>>67071
>What's your problem, anyway?
Ernst, I have the suspicion that maybe, just maybe, he's trolling.
>>
No. 67073
>>67070
I sure hope Bäckereifachverkäuferinnen know what they are selling. Even though I often point at what I want and say "that one with the [colour/kind of fruit on top/whatever"] and they don't even roll eyes.
>>
No. 67074
>>67072
No, he's on a crusade against Herr Schwarz.
>>
No. 67075
6 kB, 259 × 195
>>67062
Es ist eine __Laugen__brezel

How typical is it for non-German countries to put their dough in a sodium hydroxide solution before baking?
>>
No. 67077
>>67075
>How typical is it for non-German countries
At least for France it's rather normal, but I think outside of central europe it's largely unknown. But then again, they're all savages, so what do they know?
Man, I'd love a Laugencroissant right now.
>>
No. 67080
>>67072
I like to think I'm just trying to have fun :DD

>>67030
I will read something by this fellow, as I realize the only two books written by Germans, were both written by dictators.
>>
No. 67081
>>67080
> were both written by dictators.
Huh? Which ones?
>>
No. 67083
253 kB, 1600 × 1219
804 kB, 1417 × 2352
>>67081
The second one is Kurt Von Schuschnigg's "My Austria", 1938 edition. It's complete with an approval mark of the national censorship committee.
"This volume was being printed when the happenings of March 1938 made Austria, for the time being, disappear from the map.
Destinies change.
Hope remains."
Kind of a neat book, the first part about being an Austrian in the Austro-Hungarian empire was nice, as were the later bits, written when Schuschnigg was in power. Most of it is really boring and about sugar production and Austria's parliamentary politics.
>>
No. 67084
>>67083
I don't understand, he was austrian, not german.
>>
No. 67085
>>67084
Nice try, I think we all heard that line before.
>>
No. 67086
>>67085
There is at least one Austrian on /b/. Go call him a german, see what happens, you Goschata.
>>
No. 67088 Kontra
>>67085
Says the Spaniard...

Selfkontra for unfunny joke
>>
No. 67093 Kontra
>>67088
Kontra because I am a Spaniard. Camões himself said he was one.
>>
No. 67095
>>67080
Germans are soooo serious. They don't write any fiction, only political and philosophical treatises. "What's the point of this? It's not truth, it didn't really happened!" -- they say.
In best case it's autobiography like the first part of "Mein Kampf" or "Zoo Station".
>>
No. 67096
>>67095
> Germans are soooo serious. They don't write any fiction
[citation needed], but seriously haha now, we even have a science fiction award, the Kurd-Laßwitz-Preis.
>>
No. 67101
>>67096
Well, yes - for science fiction. Now when someone asks "What's the point of this? It's not truth, it didn't really happened!", the author answers "But it could happen yet!". Plus science fiction is just the atmosphere of the story for a German author, the core subject is discussing how futuristic engines could work.
>>
No. 67106 Kontra
>>67095
A political treatise and science fiction don't exclude each other. Germans were eager to imagine different societies hence different political organizations.
>>
No. 67110 Kontra
>>67106
Bro, he is mocking you.
>>
No. 67114 Kontra
>>67110
My post is not so much about Germans being made fun of (which the thread seems to be mainly about and in which I participated as well) but about the implicated point of the political not being able to be fictitious. A general statement that I can point out in this otherwise rather obvious wit.
>>
No. 67119
Today I learnt about Trabant jokes and the German board game industry. The Settlers of Catan isn't an American title, but a German one. German board games avoid elimination and direct confrontation between the players, they favor irregular maps and tend to have a time limit or similar mechanic that forcibly causes games to end.

What does this tell us about Germans? I don't know, I don't play boardgames.
>>
No. 67121
>>67106
Fair point. Usually it's illustration on how things should be or warning on how things shouldn't be.
>>
No. 67124
719 kB, 1200 × 800
>>67119
> What does this tell us about Germans?
Board games are serious business™. Just like everything else.
>>
No. 67134
>>67124
I have three large, expensive non-german boardgames sitting at home and nobody to play with ;_;
>>
No. 67135
>>67134
> non-german
Zat might be ekzakly why
>>
No. 67137
3,3 MB, 3000 × 4000
How common is it for non-germans to snack on parsley? In wide regions of southwestern Germany it's a popular snack. It is full of vitamins, tasty and chewy. I always enjoyed going into my grandma's garden and pick some parsley.
Fellow Germans, how do you enjoy your parsley usually?
>>
No. 67138
>>67134
Where do you live? lel
>>
No. 67141 Kontra
>>67137
I ate parsley tucked between two Pringles chips at some point in my life. Later adolescence or so, like around 18yo.
>>
No. 67146
>>67137
>snack on parlsey
Nope, we put large pieces of the stuff on plates purely for decoration and then into the trash it goes. Shredded parsley is used as a spice, though. Most days I sprinkle some into an omelet or scrambled eggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrC0gEA8LB8
>>
No. 67230
> What are they saying on /b/?
-- Ich bin ein uberdaseinschweinelieben. Hoch wuz zwai zuruch.
-- Was ist das? Nein! Schnele ist bliez groupenfurhtenshtulen unz gewihte.
>>
No. 67240
>>
No. 67248
61 kB, 916 × 836
5 kB, 150 × 150
Here's something to study: A /b/ernd just went full retard.
>>
No. 67249 Kontra
>>67248
That's less german-related and more "how 4chan destroys minds"-related though.
And exactly the reason why any kind of K*hl content shouldn't be tolerated here, because it attracts exactly those "people".
>>
No. 67255 Kontra
>>67249
Why do people who are probably in their 20s (even worse would be 30+) even act like this? How butthurt do you have to be to invest that much energy into hoping to piss off other people online?
>>
No. 67258
>>67255
Mindset of "it's on my screen, these other people are not real"
>>
No. 67261
36 kB, 1486 × 256
>>67255
>How butthurt do you have to be to invest that much energy into hoping to piss off other people online?

Good question!
>>
No. 67319
23 kB, 461 × 664
What are those dastardly Germans up to now?
>>
No. 67324 Kontra
33 kB, 500 × 400
>>
No. 67325
>>67319
Infighting, apparently.
>>
No. 67330 Kontra
33 kB, 500 × 400
>>
No. 67344
Sure, I'm totally going to listen to someone using a VPN or some shit.
>>
No. 67394
>>67324
Germans, what's a kotithread?
>>
No. 67396
>>67394
Thread on KC made by a real or imagined persona (not person, might be a posting style adopted by multiple people) with a certain m. o. so named for verbal shit-flinging.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kot#German
>>
No. 67429 Kontra
>>67396
What's the difference in usage of Scheisse, Mist, and Kot?
t.shitposter
>>
No. 67439
>>67429
Severity
>>
No. 67444
>>67429
There is also the medical "Stuhl" (yes, like the chair).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F88zCu1zSWk
>>
No. 67445 Kontra
>>67429
Scheiße is the most commonly used term, pretty vulgar, similar to shit in English
Mist is less vulgar, perhaps more like crap in English, and also technically refers to animal manure
Kot is basically technical term for feces, normally not really used colloquially or as a swear word
>>
No. 67447 Kontra
>>67445
So ein Kot aber auch :DDD

I have to grin how well you explained the difference, we Germans really know our shit :DDD
>>
No. 67452
>>67445
Note to self: Germans are a lot like eskimos, but they don't like snow.
:DD thank you for the explanation
>>
No. 67455
>>67452
But I like snow.
>>
No. 67461
Bonus fun fact: Back in the day it was newsworthy when someone in the police procedural series Tatort (scene of crime) said the word "Scheiße" on TV. Must have been the first time ever or something. It was certainly an interesting way to introduce a character. (That was in the eighties)

>>67444
> There is also the medical "Stuhl" (yes, like the chair).
Short for Stuhlgang, going to the "throne".
>>
No. 67462
>>67461
>Bonus fun fact: Back in the day it was newsworthy when someone in the police procedural series Tatort (scene of crime) said the word "Scheiße" on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKujhsU8XXU
>>
No. 67464
>>67461
>Short for Stuhlgang, going to the "throne".
Stuhl and Stuhlgang are two different things, Ernst.
Stuhl is the result of Stuhlgang. And I mean, it exists in english, too.
In fact, the Brits have categorized stool.
>>
No. 67465
>>67461
Goetz George is also already over 80. And dead.
How does that make you feel?
>>
No. 67467
>>67465
> How does that make you feel?
It does not.
>>
No. 67469
Germans of /int/, what is your favorite swear word?
>>
No. 67470
>>67469
GOTTVERDAMMTE DRECKSARSCHSAUVERHITLERTE HURENSOHN-ARSCHLOCHWICHSKRÜPPELMONGOFICKSCHEISSE
>>
No. 67471
>>67469
Again, depends on severity. "Dünnpfiff" is a good start.
>>
No. 67473
>>67471
You should not make fun of him.
Nobody uses "Dünnpfiff" as a swear word.
>>
No. 67474 Kontra
>>67469
Though I don't really use it As teen I was swearing a lot, nowadays not, I like that young people use Hund more often, probably comes from similar use in Kurdish where dog is kelb Du Kelb sounds quite cool in German, it has the right sound to be a swear word
>>
No. 67475
>>67474
Du bist ein Scheisskelb!
>>
No. 67478 Kontra
>>67474
"Kelb" sounds like something a small child would make up and not stop laughing about.
It is also the name of a kind of brown algae.
But then again, most balkanite/sandpeople insults are shit tier.
>>
No. 67479 Kontra
>>67475
Du Kelb, du Hund, du Hurensohn!

>>67478
No, Kelb sounds like Kalb and it's half an insult. Associating people with animals is very often an insult, be it Hund/Kelb or Kalb. And while we are at it, most German swears are shit tier as well. I suspect you just have a problem with brown people and that language is not a container.
>>
No. 67480
69 kB, 360 × 510
>>
No. 67482 Kontra
>>67479
>No, Kelb sounds like Kalb and it's half an insult
How is "Kalb" an insult? Even a half one? That is just silly, you are a very silly person.

>And while we are at it, most German swears are shit tier as well.
Nice whataboutism. I never said german swears were better, btw. Are you the german-hating germanball, by chance?

>I suspect you just have a problem with brown people and that language is not a container.
Ah yeah, I'm a german, so I am a nazi, right? Because all germans are fucking nazis man, right?

You know what a good insult is? Madarchod, which is what you are. Maybe also a bahanchod.
>>
No. 67483 Kontra
>>67482
>Ah yeah, I'm a german, so I am a nazi, right?

That was not the conclusion I was drawing.
>>
No. 67486 Kontra
>>67483
Then why did you immediately assume I have a problem with brown people?
When I say german TV is really fucking shit, do you immediately assume I have a problem with german people?
When I say english food is disgusting, do you assume I have a problem with the english?
>>
No. 67500 Kontra
>>67486
Other German ball here, but maybe using racial slurs like "sandpeople" is not what you wanna do when you don't want to come across as having a negative attitude towards certain ethnicities then.

inb4 muh schwarzer Humor muh imageboard culture; dude it's 2022 you're a grown man now probably
>>
No. 67501 Kontra
>>67500
Have you tried being less of a soft cunt? It's just banter mate, get a sense of humor and you will understand. And since when is "sandpeople" a racial slur?
I don't use "sandniggers" or "towelheads" or "goatfuckers" or anything like that, but for example saying "muslims" doesn't encompass a large part of israel or zoroastrians, while "middle easterners" excludes certain others, like northern africa. But please, make a good suggestion that isn't just a list of all kinds of countries/ethnicities.
Also, muh dark humor muh imageboard culture, go somewhere else if you want to feel offended :^)
That's why I prefer not hanging out with Kartoffeldeutsche.
>>
No. 67502 Kontra
>>67501
>>go somewhere else if you want to feel offended :^)
See, that's the funny thing: you accuse me of being offended simply because I told you that "sandpeople" is a pejorative word and then you go into this whole butthurt mode about it, defending it as just banter.
>>
No. 67503 Kontra
>>67502
>defending it as just banter.
Because it is? You are the one being obviously butthurt here, which is what I am butthurt about, because there is no reason for it except you getting that warm feeling of moral superiority.
If I call my friend an asshole and cunt, does that mean I don't like him anymore?
If I were a non-germanball you would have applauded if I said german insults are shit tier.
Will you also berate brick for the way he's talking about uzbeks?
If you would actually talk to people from other countries (in real life) you would understand what I mean.
>>
No. 67504 Kontra
>>67503
>assumptions
>>
No. 67505 Kontra
174 kB, 793 × 436
>>67501
Oppa Alman Style
>>
No. 67506 Kontra
>>67501
What exactly is a PotatoGerman?
>>
No. 67507 Kontra
>>67506
Potato (Kartoffel) is an insult for Germans which was coined by ethnic minorities living here because Germans eat a lot of potatos. It's smiliar to how the anglosphere uses Kraut. Kartoffeldeutsche here emphases a differentiation from Germans with a migration history.
>>
No. 67508 Kontra
>>67507
Extremely uncreative, potatoes are normal - especially in contrast with the other funny things Germans eat. Immigrants are not sending their best insults.
>>
No. 67742
>>67508
I just saw a fucking infoslide claiming Germans selfironically calling themself Kartoffel is cultural appropiation and white washing of potatos because they originated in South America. I hate this virtue signaling "woke" pseudo left shit so much, if you people need the internet likes so hard why don't you just post some selfies or something instead of twisted brain fake "moralism" bullshit?

/rant
>>
No. 67744 Kontra
>>67742
The white washing of potatoes is a very serious social concern. I can imagine Peruvians losing many sleepless nights over the idea of Germans calling each other potatoes. Thank God some people speak up about it and protect South Americans.
Sometimes I almost think such are false flags to radicalize people in an opposite direction, or at the very least these views are magnified to create more burger-like cultural fights.
>>
No. 67745 Kontra
>>67742
Sounds like satire.
In any case, calm down Alman.
>>
No. 67746
141 kB, 1200 × 689
272 kB, 900 × 600
80 kB, 767 × 777
Pics related had a huge influence on German culture in the eighties and early nineties. So much that two movies were made in 1991.
>>
No. 67748
>>67746
Were Germans happier when they could wear mullets? Were the 80s the highest point of German popular culture?
So many questions.
>>
No. 67750
1,7 MB, 904 × 1211
115 kB, 435 × 580
>>67748
Reunification ruined everything
Not even joking. Putin, leave Ukraine alone. You can have Eastern Germany
>>
No. 67751
>>67748
> mullets
Here's another bit of information you didn't know you needed: The hairstyle in the picture is called Vokuhila, which is short for "Vorne kurz, hinten lang" (short in the front, long in the back).
>>
No. 67752
195 kB, 540 × 772
>>67751
For me, it's the Rattenschwanz.
I had one until 2002 or so.
>>
No. 67753
I’ve learned some bigger things about the Swiss Bürger rights. In certain cantons, they have private forest paths due to their historical control and ownership over forests, they have a right of council parallel to the municipal council in some rarer cases and most strangely, in some cantons, communes with city rights have control over their own naturalization process regarding immigrants.
City rights though hereditary, are not that hard to obtain I think but I’m far from sure.
In the Swiss passport there’s no specific mentioning of the place where you were born, only your Heimat is noted (or alternatively the commune you were naturalized in).
>>
No. 67754
>>67752
>Rattenschwanz
I don’t know how a hairstyle with such name could ever become popular.
>>
No. 67755
>>67754
How is that any different from Pferdeschwanz?
>>
No. 67757
>>67752
I remember solely one kid that had this. Eventually he got so tired of people pulling it that he went and cut it off.
>>
No. 67758
>>67755
A horse tail looks better than a rat one tbh. The only similarity is that they are mammal tails.
>>
No. 67759
>>67758
> looks better
You made a remark about the name and I replied to that. Don't change the subject.
>>
No. 67760
>>67759
I’m not changing the subject the name Pferdeschwanz most probably appeals to the idea of the tail of a horse as Rattenschwanz appeals to the idea of the tail of a rat. A rat is disgusting in popular culture and its tail is naked. Strange name.
>>
No. 67761
341 kB, 1920 × 1080
58 kB, 300 × 160
319 kB, 960 × 1440
>>67748
It was clearly the 90s with Kommissar Rex it proved to be a valuable TV show export making the axis bond between Germans and Italians stronger. The Italian TV channel Rai produced Kommissar Rex (2007-2015) after it was blown off by German TV channel Sat1 (1994-2004).
>>
No. 67762
>>67761
I can't believe it... I was subjected to hours of German propaganda as a child. I should have immediately identified the Germano-Fascist tones of Inspector Max but as an innocent child, I thought it was just a patriotic dog who always upheld the law. My God, how my nation has been fooled.
>>
No. 67763 Kontra
1,4 MB, 1115 × 919
>>67762
forgot the picture that should go with my funpost :DD
>>
No. 67764
>>67755
Rats are dirty plague bearers, horses are not. Yeah, no difference here.
>>
No. 67767
160 kB, 1280 × 1745
26 kB, 334 × 450
>>67762
Aha. I suspected it to be exported to more than one Euro Nation. Just like Der Clown and Alarm für Cobra 11 classic German TV show that is set on the Autobahn on many occasions was available in the Netherlands when my family made holidays. Holland ist Deutschland at the sea.
German early evening and after evening news entertainment TV give proof of a German Sendungsbewusstsein that continued after the war. Another German specialty is to trace continuities of the Third Reich while I'm joking here, it is indeed interesting from a serious historiographical pov
>>
No. 67768
>>67761
Rex is a dirty foreigner, not German.
Damn Austrians.
>>
No. 67769
>>67767
>Aha. I suspected it to be exported to more than one Euro Nation

It was a hit in many countries, even in Australia.
Australian comedy Danger 5 even made fun of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6WQzjfzePw
>>
No. 67770
>>67761
Still remember drama in episode where dog's owner died. ;(
Interesting, did my neighbors bought an angry German Shepherd dog back then because of this TV show?
>>
No. 67774
>>67768
I never knew.
>>
No. 75162
Why would they decide to make this their emergency siren alarm?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWgbUbJWxc
>>
No. 75163 Kontra
>>75161
This is not an orginial sound. Does Germany even have such sounds? (Or de we only have those creepy alarms sirenes on houses and such that sound like air bombing is near?) And how are these sounds destined for? I know many EAS on Youtube are fake/mock-ups. MoWaS is our EAS but does it even have such sounds?
>>
No. 75164 Kontra
9 kB, 419 × 171
>>75163
Apparently the overall structure would align with something like this, the sound that seems popular on youtube is a sped up version. I've been rused, yet again.
>>
No. 75165
60 kB, 564 × 800
>>75164
>I've been rused, yet again.
You gotta stop believing things just because you want to believe.
>>
No. 75166
610 kB, 2048 × 1536
>>75164
Where you got that screenshot from? I can't find anything if I look for the actual MoWaS sound that could play on TV and radio. Sadly, the alert apps won't play any scary sound but only notify you.

These sounds make me wonder if there is some interesting media(psychological) history on alarms. Why some sounds are good, others not. And why people thought that is/was the case. Germans invented the Stuka diving sound. Sound(engineering) here becomes a medium to induce fear, panic. Sound as medium to regulated behavior in a sense.
>>
No. 75169
Have some actual sirens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZqCTc2eSQM

Saturday, noon. Grandma calls for lunch with this soundtrack.
Additional info: House is not even 100 meters away from the firehouse.
>>
No. 75170 Kontra
I went through EAS sounds and the Japanese is actually real? It is a recording from a news show alerting because of an earthquake.
Makes me think of being a young German boy in that science museum that had an earthquake simulator of different big earthquakes. I sat there an hour or two (it was a sofa people could sit on in a prepared living room) and people came and went while I controlled the knobs for the different earthquakes all the time :DDDD
>>
No. 75171 Kontra
>>75165
I can't.
>>
No. 75173
>>75171
Well, shit.
>>
No. 75316
2,5 MB, 640 × 772, 2:35
Has anyone here been to Greifswald, if so, how did you like it?
>>
No. 75357
>>75316
I regret having clicked that video.

Yes I have been to Greifswald a few years back during my trip to MV. I was planning to go hiking there but it rained for boths days I was in town (can't remember the name of the hotel anymore). So I did't go hiking and have no experiences about Greifswald to share except that they have cozy cafés. There is a vague impression that it would probably a very cozy place with decent weather.
>>
No. 75366
What Germans think about Austrians and Austria? What Austrians think about Germans and Germany?
Do you have relatives in Austria? Have you been there?
>>
No. 75367 Kontra
>>75366
There exist many stereotypes and sayings from Germans about Austrians I mostly learned by KC (where else?).
I've been there a few times. Rural twice and Vienna once when I was a kid. Vienna is nice. Their dialect is great, unfriendly, overseeing and arrogant, it amuses me and I like to listen to people talk like that. Just watch a Thomas Bernhard interview and you know what I mean. I like Austrian literature like Thomas Bernhard of course. And they have some cute wordings like "Die Rettung" instead of German "Notruf" or "Krankenwagen"
>>
No. 75368
>>75366
Germans don't really see Austria as a different country. It's more like another German state that likes to pretend to be different.
They're a nice version of Bavaria. That's what they are. Bavarians suck.
>>
No. 75375
>>75366
Austrians think of Germans as arrogant, loud-mouthed, ungrateful, annoying, greedy, un-cultured, incredibly stupid and annoying.

Germans think of Austrians as arrogant, provincial, ungrateful, annoying, greedy, backstabbing, lying, deceitful but endearing.
>>
No. 75447 Kontra
>>75366
Yes.
>>
No. 75469
5,9 MB, 480 × 374, 0:28
>>75375
Accurate
>>
No. 75496
41 kB, 400 × 267
Vgh, the gloriovs cvltvr of Mittelevropa
>>
No. 75504
55 kB, 511 × 351
>>75496
Now I yearn for a big, high-quality Schnitzel, a slice of lemon, some fries, and a salad.
>>
No. 75524
>>75366
My own experience led to the totally unbiased assessment that Austrians are rude (to Germans), deceitful and just different enough that they can say "we dindu nuffin".

I remember being on a ski trip with a few people and one guy (without any bad intentions whatsoever) leaned his skis on the window of the bus we were taking to the piste.
The bus driver saw this, came to the back, scolded us all, scolded the guy a bit more and closed with the words "You are causing so much sorrow". For the german speakers, yes, he really used "Leid verursachen". It's one of those things you'd never hear from a german, we all found it really c&a and couldn't really take him seriously after that.
>>
No. 75526
37 kB, 512 × 511
>>
No. 75527
>>75526
lmao holy shit
>>
No. 75528 Kontra
>>75524
>For the german speakers, yes, he really used "Leid verursachen".

keke, Germans after all.
>>
No. 75529 Kontra
911 kB, 800 × 550
>>
No. 75589 Kontra
>>75524
>The bus driver saw this, came to the back, scolded us all, scolded the guy a bit more and closed with the words "You are causing so much sorrow".
Ridiculous. I hate it when they do that. OK, someone made a mistake. But why does he have to overdo it like that? You can say that in a normal way. Like "hey, watch out where you lean those skis, you're scratching the window", good enough, everybody got the message. Don't act as if the guy just killed ten baby seals for fun.

>>75526
>Es wird eh glei dunkel und schnee isch au faschd keiner
As if one of the two had any influence on that hole in the window. The solution is taking the adress of the guy who nailed the ski into the bus and using duct tape on the ski-sized hole.
>>
No. 75591
1021 kB, 1416 × 2376
>>75589
>and using duct tape on the ski-sized hole.
Bus windows are made to break easily so you can get out in an emergency. Ever seen pic related?
>>
No. 75592
>>75591
>Ever seen pic related
My classmate once stole one. Other than that, I have not seen one for decades, to be honest.
>>
No. 75594
>>75592
What I meant was that such a ski is rather pointy, meaning it might have the same effect on a bus window as one of these.
>>
No. 75595
201 Bytes, 17 × 14
>>75594
Then why did you ask him if he had seen one, if you only meant the pointiness?
>>
No. 75602
>>75595
That's the point.
I ask that way to make sure the other person knows what I'm talking about. If the answer is "no" I can explain.
>>
No. 75676
772 kB, 504 × 794
Something reminded me of the fact that a lot of people from the (now former) GDR (German Democratic Republic, or "the East") are called Mandy, René, Enrico, and especially Maik (a localised spelling of Mike).

The theory (I didn't do any research, sue me) is that, since people were unable to travel into the non-Warsaw-Pact parts of Europe, they used their own kids' names for a little bit of exoticism. "Die Gedanken sind frei..."

I'm not making fun of them, today it's worse in all of Germany (picture, top 500 girl/boy names of newborns 2021). I cut off after 25 because you can look up that shit yourself.
https://www.beliebte-vornamen.de/jahrgang/j2021/top-500-2021
>>
No. 75677
>>75676
> today it's worse in all of Germany
Now I wonder what kind of names you like
>>
No. 75687 Kontra
>>75677
Same. It doesn't look too bad. Also, the girl names are indeed very common with all people that are younger than me, some of them are nice. What is noteworthy is a tendency to very short names, or is that nonsense?
>>
No. 75691
>>75687
I think that's just you.
Paul, Hans, Kurt, Ernst, Klaus, Uwe, Ulf, Peer, a lot of older names are also rather short.
>>
No. 75699
>>75691
>Hans
>Klaus
Fragt die Grundschullehrerin die Schüler ihrer neuen Klasse: "Wie heißt ihr denn?". Meldet sich der erste: "Ich heiße Hans!" "Soso, das heißt aber doch Johannes!" Meldet sich der zweite: "I bin der Sepp." "Auf Hochdeutsch heißt das aber Josef. Und du dahinten, wie heißt du?" "JoKurt."
>>
No. 75701 Kontra
56 kB, 481 × 449
>>
No. 75706
>>75701
Learning German already paid off for you, I see. Also, I meant to ask, did a change in naming conventions like in >>75676 happen in Hungary too?
>>
No. 75710
>>75706
I understood (or at least I think I did) the joge too, despite not speaking German at all. I guess it's one of those easily translatable joges, unlike pun-based/wordplay ones.
>>
No. 75724 Kontra
298 kB, 794 × 1123
>>75706
Not really. Very few "older" people have odd or western sounding names. I know of a few Sergeys and Ivans, but it's mostly just biblical stuff or the tamer Hungarian names.
Even today it's still that for the male names. Just the biblical stuff has rotated to other names and there are more people getting Hungarian names. At least for the males.
Looking at the female side of list it's all sorts of fucked with made-up stuff and foreign memes.

Here's the top 100 for boys and girls last year.
(Left boys, right girls, second row is how many people got it as a second name.)

Really, the only people doing the "exoticism" thing here are either the most bydlo of the bydlos or the gxpsies. They like Italian and Spanish names, or just using the entire names of movie starts as a given name, but in any case, they transliterate it into Hungarian spelling because they don't speak foreign languages.
That's how you get names like "Dzsennifer", "Szara", "Dzsesszika", "Dzsonni", "Elvisz" or "Marlonbrandó".
They also like the name Kevin for some reason. Seems like it's an universal indicator of retardation to call your kid Kevin.
Really, you can see someone's pedigree from miles based on their given name, but usually it's the wrong pedigree. There are really no "posh" names, the only outstanding names are the ones that are outstandingly bad.
>>
No. 75726 Kontra
>>75724
It's not the top 100 because the software was retarded I am so sorry you had to see this is.
>>
No. 75727
>>75724
>Dzsennifer
Happens in Germany too. Girls named stuff like "Schakkeline".
>>
No. 75741
>>75727
In case anyone takes this literally, he means the pronounciation, not the spelling
>>
No. 75742 Kontra
>>75741
Here it's the spelling. They have it on their fucking ID.
>>
No. 75744
>>75742
In a sense, that's better than taking a word from a different language with a spelling that would be pronounced really different in yours break the rules for it.

Too bad we don't have a South American Spanish speaker on here, they have some wacky shit like "Maicol" or switching B and V.
>>
No. 75745 Kontra
>>75744
"AND break the rules for it." It's easy to forget one of these three-letter words.
>>
No. 75757
>>75741
Ah you party pooper, he would have believed it >:(
>>
No. 75766
>>75757
I gotta poop somewhere. It's my party and I poop where I want to.
>>
No. 75772
>>75766
>It's my party
No it isn't. Yuo are being of nazi again.
>>
No. 75776
>>75772
Do you call people "Nazi" for any small slight? That's gonna backfire someday. "Boy who cried wolf", eh.
>>
No. 75777
>>75776
No, because you are appropriating a thread opened by a marginalized third worlder calling it "your party", thus exhibiting an obvious colonialist attitude, you Nazi and obvious new bee.
>>
No. 75778
>>75777
>Portugal
>marginalized third worlder
Portugal was the first colonial power, in the 15th and 16th century they extended their empire at staggering rate. In 1498, the portuguese reached India and in 1500, they created the Empire Brazil. The initial capital accumulation in Western Europe is Portuguese. Thus, the Portuguese are one of the premiere powers in monopolistic capitalism and imperialism, as exemplified by the bloody colonial wars the fascist Estado Novo fought in Africa.

OP is not an exploited first-worlder, but an exploitative fascist.
At least get your marxist theory right.

The Hungarian-Ball, on the other hand, is an exploited Third-Worlder. Eastern Europe and ex-Yugoslavia in particular is shit because they are exploited by Germany as colonies, I recently learned that on a Bosniak's youtube-channel.
>>
No. 75783 Kontra
>>75778
>The Hungarian-Ball, on the other hand, is an exploited Third-Worlder. Eastern Europe and ex-Yugoslavia in particular is shit because they are exploited by Germany as colonies, I recently learned that on a Bosniak's youtube-channel.
It's true.
>>
No. 75784
>>75783
No, it isn't. Trade is not a zero-sum-game. Eastern Europe is poor because it had 40 years of communism and has a culture of corruption (independent of communism.)
>>
No. 75787 Kontra
>>75783
>Posting about his pool in one thread
>Posting about being exploited by his colonial kraut overlords in the other
Christ, I hope you are not serious.
>>
No. 75788
>>75787
You can be exploited while sitting in a pool
>>
No. 75789 Kontra
240 kB, 342 × 500
>>75787
It's a small pool.
It could be bigger if Herr Gauleiter here wasn't intent on taking the sweat of my brow to the Reich.
>>
No. 75790
>>75787
Stop oppressing him, nazi.
>>
No. 75792
163 kB, 1280 × 720
Trip to the German outpost of Sagres complete. Much useful information was obtained.

The most fundamental is that Germans in general always maintained an initial distance in all social interactions, faking aloofness or something of the sort. I've found that in the hostel, this was easily overcome by offering the Germans food. None of them were capable of successfully using a grill without leaving half scorched hamburger meat stuck to the metal, so my offerings were taken with great gratitude. Soon I had an entire table of 8 Germans of different groups who were all speaking in English. Two of these Germans were Austrian. They'd interchangeably refer to the Austrians as 'German' -- When one Köln urbanite became acquainted with an Austrian, he mentioned to me that he didn't like meeting Germans abroad. He later corrected me when I said this place is full of Germans - "No, zere are two Austrians!". I thought it was joke, but he was serious.

I have many more findings but I am exhausted, I'll transcribe my notes over the next few days.

I may return to Sagres, the hostel is an excellent place to observe the various types of Germans among themselves and force them to speak English.
>>
No. 75794
>>75790
>>75789
>>75788
You just don't understand.

I need free afternoons for listening to recordings of the merry widow and eating profiteroles with Eva. I can only have that when Hungarians storm the Russian lines on horseback, not when they sit in pools!
>>
No. 75795 Kontra
>>75778
>anti-Portuguese slander
Stay in topic, fascist oppressor of southern Europeans! Colonizer!
>>
No. 75797 Kontra
563 kB, 736 × 981
>>75794
>The Merry Widow
You mean the Operetta by Hungarian composer Ferenc Lehár?
See, the Germans want it all. They will drink our sweat, drink our blood, and when there's nothing left to suck out, they'll even demand your mind.
>>
No. 75800
>>75797
It was Hitler's favorite. Shit person, shit taste overall.
>>
No. 75801 Kontra
35 kB, 600 × 442
>>75800
>Austrian ""person"" loves midwit bourgeois culture
Nothing out of the ordinary here.
>>
No. 75803
>>75800
>shit taste
It's not exactly highbrow, I agree, but I also have a thing for Wagner. Something light in the afternoon-profiteroles and Lehár. Something more substantial in the evening - The Flying Dutchman and Eisbein. Then to bed, I just hope Eva won't send poor Blondi out of the bedroom tonight. She does not like sleeping in the hallway.
>>
No. 75806
>>75800
>>75801
I get that you are too intellectual for something simple and fun and it's way below you, you probably only listen to twelve-town-music and pieces that come with their own theory and musical notation and are played on tea-sieves, Japanese saws and 421kg of highland-quinoa, but still...

it's an operetta, a genre that was invented to be fun and entertaining, not to be a challenge to the audience. Is that a problem?
>>
No. 75812
154 kB, 442 × 442
>>75801
>thomas_bernhard.jpg
Saw that face yesterday, on the cover of a book a lusophone co-worker had brought to work.

>>75806
>played on tea-sieves, Japanese saws and 421kg of highland-quinoa
Pic related
>>
No. 75821
217 kB, 1404 × 988
>>75789
>It's a small pool.
Then you get a small bullet.
>>
No. 75825 Kontra
>>75821
It’s an above ground pool so totally proletarian tavarish! Nothing to worry about!
Glory to Eurasia!
>>
No. 75828
78 kB, 640 × 379
>>75825
The only proletarian pool is made from BelAZ tire stolen expropriated directly from factory.
EC posting quotas, Lidsky kvass, BelAZ... why I keep thinking about this country?
>>
No. 75830
>>75828
>why I keep thinking about this country?
Someone activated your patriotism switch
>>
No. 75855 Kontra
125 kB, 435 × 397
>>75830
"this country" ≠ Russian Federation, see >>75709
>>
No. 75860 Kontra
25 kB, 1115 × 551
>>75855
Yes, btw today I had to disguise as a belarusian because RF is now cancelled.
>>
No. 75862
92 kB, 1200 × 630
Note 3, on Subnationalities - Germans universally think making fun of the Dutch is very funny. 9/9 Germans will laugh hysterically at an impression of a Dutchman speaking English.
>>
No. 75868
>>75862
You'd laugh too if another language sounded like yours but spoken by a little kid.
>>
No. 75875
289 kB, 730 × 1024
>>75862
We also laugh at dutch people speaking german. Or dutch.
>>
No. 75877 Kontra
>>75862
Addendum - The notion that there is a singular correct way of speaking Germany is accepted. Prescriptivist heda, they like rules.
>>
No. 75880
>>75877
In the 20th century, (much of) Germanosphere culture was more tolerant of non-prestige varieties than much of (western?) Europe in the realms of broadcasting and politics. So even if most people believe(d) that there is a single correct way to speak, NOT speaking that way is/was less of a career breaker than in other European societies.
>>
No. 75891
>>75862
>9/9 Germans will laugh hysterically at an impression of a Dutchman speaking English.
On average, the Dutch speak much better English than Germans.

>>75868
It sounds like the Suisse drove out the retarded cheesemakers that would only make bad cheese and had them settle in the low-lands.
>>
No. 75892 Kontra
>>75880
And this is why we will soon get pseudo-Turk Lukas in a senior management position, and he will say things like
"Wallah, Herr Dr. Erkenbrecht, sales are up 30% this quarter, Ich küss dein Auge, Bruder!"
>>
No. 75894
>>75891
>On average, the Dutch speak much better English than Germans.
I mean, with how closely related they are, it's no surprise.

To add to insult: I find dutch to sound like a retarded german toddler trying to speak english.
>>
No. 75896
>>75892
No. I should have clarified I was not referring to varieties spoken by migrants or their descendants (I think those were indeed absent from broadcasting voices and politics), but to regional varieties / pronunciations influenced by dialect: For West German news readers and politicians, it was not a problem at all to use a variety noticeably influenced by a regional dialect. Among British broadcasting voices or French politicians, for example, such dialectally coloured pronunciations would have been rarer or more subtle.
And Swiss broadcasting does this thing where the news reader will switch between Swiss German (Schweizerdeutsch) for interviews (also weather) and Swiss Standard German for reading out the news.
>>
No. 75899
>>75896
The french are a bad example here though, what with centralization if language and suppression of dialects they had going on.
>>
No. 75946
I really enjoy your fieldwork Portugal ball and hope you get the chance for further studies.
You have to know that germans absolutely love to hear outsiders opinions on them because of our distorted self-image as a result of the american sociological experiments performed on us after the war.
>>
No. 75949
9 kB, 240 × 285
>>75946
Now I've found out the village where the Germans all flock to in their summer migrations and have scouted the ideal place where I can find many different types of Germans. Due to the small sample size, I'm not sure most of my observations are applicable to the whole population. I'm still not sure it is a general rule that you can convince Austrians to buy you drinks throughout a night. Do all Germans read strange feminist literature by the beach? Possibly not. Either way, in previous journeys south, Germans always kept to themselves and reverted to an aloof state when talked to. It's clear now that this aloof state is a defense mechanism that can be bypassed. Once the initial hurdle is overcome, the German will open his heart and all manner of feelings will erupt out of him.

Studies will continue once further funding has been secured.
>>
No. 75950
>>75949
I am not sure if you will find a good cross-section of german society in such a niche place as Portugal. Or any other travel destination, for that matter, as I don't think there is a singular place where Germans of all classes and regions will travel to.
>>
No. 75952 Kontra
>>75950
Geographically speaking, only East Germans were entirely absent. Still, there are the engineering students, seasoned backpackers and anything in between. Everyone is under 35, but it's a diverse enough group of people.
>>
No. 75954
335 kB, 1440 × 1080
>>75950
> I don't think there is a singular place where Germans of all classes and regions will travel to.
>>
No. 75956
>>75954
>all classes
>Ballermann
Yeah, nah
>>
No. 75960
>>75956
Oh believe me, the upper class is just sleeping in more expensive hotels.
>>
No. 75962 Kontra
>>75960
>upperclass
>Ballermann
also,
>2022
>Ballermann
>>
No. 75966 Kontra
>>75960
They have a quiet Finca on the other side of the island and not some expensive hotel.
>>
No. 76006
Dear German Ernste in this thread, can you write in Sütterlin?
I tried to learn Sütterlin handwriting once but gave up very quickly.
>>
No. 76007 Kontra
>>76006
No, not even my mum.
My grandparents though, according to her words.
>>
No. 76011
>>76006
I could. We went to visit a school museum on a school trip once and I still have a sheet with Sütterlin. My grandma said my Sütterlin handwriting was better than my regular one :-DDD.

>>76007
>not even my mum.
Are you 70 or something?
>>
No. 76013
>>76006
>The Nazi Party banned all "broken" blackletter typefaces in 1941, which were seen as chaotic, including Sütterlin, and replaced them with Latin-type letters like Antiqua.
Interesting, much to be extrapolated.
>>
No. 76015 Kontra
>>76011
He asked if I can (still) write Sütterlin, and not even my mum can write Sütterlin because it's basically dead. There is no problem so with the internet reading Sütterlin as I once had to, thank dog.
>>
No. 76027
>>76015
The way you worded it, "not even my mum" sounded like Sütterlin was at least partially spread during the time of our parents, i.e. the 60s-80s.
Like talking about stenography (which my mum did indeed still learn).
So if someone asks about Sütterlin and you say "not even my mum" it means you mom must have been born in the 20s-30s, because that's the only time someone could have possibly learned Sütterlin (outside of special interest).
>>
No. 76032 Kontra
>>76027
And I thought the exact opposite of that and I don't really see how that is not within the options. I cannot write Sütterlin, not even my mom can write Sütterlin because it has died out a generation before us already more or less.
>>
No. 76034
>>76032
If you put it like that it certainly becomes clearer.

I also just remembered that some of the Father and Son stories had writing in Sütterlin.
>>
No. 76035
1,0 MB, 2448 × 3264
>>76006
Hardly the epitome of penmanship, my grandma would laugh about me.
>>
No. 76036
>>76035
I can actually read it. No idea why or how.
>>
No. 76037
67 kB, 720 × 395
>>76036
Ernst, these are your ancestral memories.
>>
No. 76038
129 kB, 1024 × 657
>>76037
Actually I do know: It must be the exposure to a local-ish bakery chain's old logo. Or maybe they put something in their bread.
>>
No. 76039 Kontra
>>76038
Here's a third "actually" for the hattrick.
>>
No. 76045
>>76035
Huh, I couldn't remember the "h" looking like that.
But I could read it too, probably because it's a half-expected sentence.
>>
No. 76073
>>76045
Which one? Lower case h? Yeah, looks like that. Upper case h? Nah, I just can't write. It's been twenty years since I tried to learn broken cursive. I can write my first name fine and it looks really well, but everything else is... wrong. For example, the s in es should be an end-s instead of a regular s.
>>
No. 76076
44 kB, 250 × 363
>>76072
The correct place for you to explain what this is.
>>
No. 76078
>>76076
It's a pulp novel. In this case idealised country life like in volkstümliche Musik or your usual evening schedule of state TV here.
>>
No. 76082 Kontra
>>76076
It's a schöner Bergroman, just like Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain.
>>
No. 76083
>>76082
>schöner
SchönSTer, they don't shy away from superlative
>>
No. 76085
134 kB, 1024 × 1001
I don't think I have ever seen a Bergroman at a newspaper store, but I can vividly remember the Landser books.
>>
No. 76089 Kontra
221 kB, 498 × 498, 0:00
Deutschland!
DEUTSCHLAND!!!
>>
No. 76104
170 kB, 658 × 921
>"This guy doesn't have it in fact. He's not particularly smart and too fat. But these are only superficial things. In marriage, you can make him lose weight and behave well. You certainly know that a woman has certain leverage to get what she wants from her man."
>Evi blushed, "I can't even imagine that. Andreas is so rough, so mean, I shudder at him."
These books might be the last redoubt of what some might call literary volksgeist.
>>
No. 76118 Kontra
There are also Heimatfilme.
Like I remember a few years ago we watched a TV series called Der Bergdoktor with my mother and it was basically about a doctor living in Tirol and how many women he (Doktor Gruber) dicks while living in the town and being the pillar of the community.
>>
No. 76119 Kontra
>>76118
It's the most unintentionally funny shit the Germans did since 1945 :^)
>>
No. 76120
58 kB, 1000 × 563
>>76119
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavarian_porn
In case you need some more reasons to scratch your head
>>
No. 76121 Kontra
>>76117
>Explaining those novels with the word volkstümlich
"Idealised country life" not explanation enough?
>>
No. 76125 Kontra
>>76121
Hardly.
1.) volkstümlich does not translate to "idealised country life" at all. No dictionary does that. A proper explanation would explain the discrepancy.
2.) "idealised" - in what ways? What are the differences to real "country life"?
3.) What is "country life"? It has something to do with some countryside, for sure. Which countryside? Who lives there?
>>
No. 76127
>>76121
I'll have to agree with the other german. "Idealized country life" is really not a goid description, as we have here a pretty specific version. I have never seen a Heimatfilm that was not set among mountains, or that was about farmers in eastern westphalia or mud fishers on the north sea or basically anything north of the Weißwurst equator (save maybe Black Forest romanticism).
In essence, none of those give me any Heimat feels. Maybe it's different with southerners.
>>
No. 76132 Kontra
>>76125
>>76127
HDF du peinliche Gleichschuchtel.
>>
No. 76134
>>76127
>none of those give me any Heimat feels

They have a specific time and place tbh, that is why they cannot give you any Heimatfeels. I mean Heimat is not a mathematically precise concept anyway. And Westphalian farmers won't do it for me either. The countryside and traditional work is not confused with Heimat.
And these Heimat movies had a specific role after the war. Though I think they might be even prolongation of a Third Reich movie landscape, don't know too much about it.
>>
No. 76135
>>76127
Is the black forest is west of the Weißwurst-Äquator, not north of it.
>>
No. 76139 Kontra
>>76135
  1. Nu-uh, it's usually drawn along the Danube.
  2. Who cares anyway, Seppl?
>>
No. 76147
>>76135
>west of the Weißwurst-Äquator
>west
That's not how an equator works
>>
No. 76176
194 kB, 1815 × 688
Ze beginning of the treda...

Discounter ranking:

Lidl - is decent on average, some Lidl have fresher veggies and fruit and others have shit tier, old, rotting veggies/fruit, their own shit brands of sweets are disgusting.

Penny - Decent, no weaknesses. Well, the new layout (2022 yeaaaahh, fuck me) is shit which on top downsized the sortiment assortment of shite.

Aldi - same as Penny and Lidl as in decent, but a few are not managed properly - air conditioning fecked and blasting spores, hiring choleric bydlo and so on.

Netto (Edeka) - shit. Often shittiest vegs/fruit, disgusting discounter brands, repulsive discounter sweets. Gott strafe Netta (Edeka)!

Netto (danish one with the black doggo) - decent as far as I can tell but feels a little bit improvised concerning the assortment, layout, sometimes dirtier than its other discounter brothers.

Prices: Mostly arr are same.
>>
No. 76177
40 kB, 553 × 484
>>76176
And spoiler: No ranking, all but The Netto which is part of Edeka are decent, the outlier is utter shit and has to be purged improved pls.
>>
No. 76178
>>76176
So are you a northerner?

Penny - meh, often good offers and ok lunch snack area. Never had a Penny close enough for regular shopping. Rarely took vegg/fruits, I think it was ok.

Aldi - it's ok, depending on the store even better. Good meat surrogates, often lame/bad offers. Frozen food can be good or shit. Vegg/fruit quality varies, fruit can be very good sometimes, but also absolute shit. I think fruit in general is like that in all discounters. Except for Netto, I think Netto is often of worse quality.

Lidl - has good offers, special cheese area (at least mine), frozen food is ok, but why no meat surrogates except some frozen stuff, that isn't any good, Aldi takes that one home easily. Vegg/fruit is often of good quality.

Netto - mostly shit, but has some good products. When I was younger I bought their choco glazed donuts very often, they are still the best donuts you can get from a Discounter self service bakery section. And I agree on the veggie fruit section, it is often the worst.
>>
No. 76180
>>76178
>ye a fish head?
Yeah, but I got around a lot, lived here and there.
>I think fruit in general is like that in all discounters. Except for Netto, I think Netto is often of worse quality.
>And I agree on the veggie fruit section, it is often the worst.
And yes to Netto, except for the one from Denmark, doge bless. Fukkin purge that place.
>>
No. 76181
>>76180
Oh and about cheese: Lidl sind the introduction of the new smol high end cheese selection > Aldi > rest
Aldi "always" as in longer had a decent selection of good, affordable cheese.
Holstein(er) Tilsiter, Bergkäs, Erzherzog Johann etc.
Sure, Lidl now got the good but more expensive stuff like Gruyère and may have pulled ahead.

I miss local cheese from NRW/middle Germoney kinda despite being a fish head from the north.
>>
No. 76188
>>76139
>1. Nu-uh, it's usually drawn along the Danube.

Have you ever looked at a map? The Danube begins where Brigach and Breg unite, east of Donaueschingen, which is not in the black forest, but in the Baar, 20km east the middle black forest. The black forest stretches from south-southwest to north-northeast. Hardly North of the danube.

>2. Who cares anyway, Seppl?
If you don't care, then don't post about it, just keep your mouth shut instead of spouting bullshit.

>>76147
Then the weißwurst-equator maybe, just maybe, is not a real equator.
>>
No. 76189
>>76178
I only shop at Netto and at an Edeka that is not Edeka-branded, so I have little comparison.

>mostly shit, but has some good products.
The cheese section at Netto is OK or was OK when I still ate cheese. For example they had good soft goat cheese, not just Chevroux. They also stock a wide variety of regional beers, wine section is weak, but what do you expect from a discounter.

>When I was younger I bought their choco glazed donuts very often,
That's disgusting. Are you a pervert?

> I agree on the veggie fruit section, it is often the worst.
It's not positively rotting and teeming with flies on most days, but very little selection or seasonal variety, just the same standard-items year-in year-out. Who wants that?

I speculate that the problem with Netto is that they go where other shops do not like to go: areas of low buying power. As a smaller competitor to Aldi and Lidl, they might have picked that niche. Their official company name is "Netto Markendiscount". Brands are for some reason very important to plebs. 'discount' means 'come here plebs, you can afford it.' 'Marken' means 'and you can get the same branded Haribo the rich folks buy, not just some store brand, so you don't have to feel poor.'

But their customers low spending power means their stores have difficulty grossing, while suffering from increased cost due to theft and vandalism. Who picks up 20€ worth of meat, then decides they don't want it, and lets it vanish behind the cereal boxes? Poor people do. They also break more things, make scenes more often, and come in thrice a week for 10€ worth of snacks, alcohol and cigarettes. Other than that, I assume Netto has the same cost structure other discounters have, they pay about as much for the products, they pay their staff about as much. They simply can't afford having someone check the produce section for rotting tomatoes every two hours or clean the floor thoroughly the moment some alcoholic broke a beer bottle.

Strategically, their mission might be building volume on the discount articles for Edeka to increase leverage in negotiations and attacking Aldi and Lidl from the bottom by taking part of the revenue from them, so Aldi and Lidl will not attack Edeka itself from below as hard.

Sorry for the Bavarian-ball, btw. I did not make my observations in Bavaria, there is no scum in Bavaria.
>>
No. 76190
Without going too much into detail, having lived in different parts of Germany, I can safely say that Netto (the red-yellow one) is usually the worst, most bydlo store in its respective frame of reference.
>>
No. 76192
>>76189
>I speculate that the problem with Netto is that they go where other shops do not like to go: areas of low buying power. As a smaller competitor to Aldi and Lidl, they might have picked that niche.

Well, Netto may be smaller than Lidl/Aldi if you count store locations and revenue world wide, not sure if there is a significant difference in Germany, but their competitors aka most other discounters in the same Ghetto like 5 meters down the street do not suck (as much) and the black one from Denmark is most likely even smaller but still better than its german counterpart.

Well, and the german (part of Edeka) Netto in better or good parts of the city also sucks while Lidl/Aldi across the street do not, so I am not so sure...

such_cases.png
>>
No. 76193 Kontra
38 kB, 403 × 504
>>76189
>there is no scum in Bavaria.
'Ob di nieda, Gschaftler!
>>
No. 76194 Kontra
>>76189
>Bavaria

No surprise your Netto analysis turned into hate on poor people. I went to Netto lately because it was close to a place I went, their customers on average look like in all discounters and while I saw a guy who bought coke for 50€, he had neither alcohol nor cigs like almost everyone at the checkout Netto has the longest checkout lines so it was about 20 people for two checkouts or so

And while Netto (just like Penny I'd also add now) has little fruit and veg variety, their donuts have the best dough, simple.
>>
No. 76195
>>76194
>Netto has the longest checkout lines so it was about 20 people for two checkouts or so
Yep, now that you mention it, they are understaffed.
gott_strafe_netto.jpg
>>
No. 76198
>>76189
Netto has cigarettes? Do other supermarkets sell them?
>>
No. 76199
>>76198
Every super market chain (and discounter) has cigs here, even a few of the tiny turkish supermarkets.
>>
No. 76200 Kontra
>>76199
And yet, LIDL has none. They don't even have a newspaper store at the exit that sells them. They don't even have a cigarette vending machine at their bar like any respectable checkout bar.
I thought it was because they're Germans, but apparently not. I've been fooled by D. Schwartz again.
>>
No. 76201
>>76194
>hate on poor people
They do what they do. It was not a rant. I will give you a rant:

Since I do make very little, (< 5000€ gross/month) I have to live in an area that has plenty of foreigners, alcoholics, drug-addicts, petty criminals and other scum. For all intents and purposes, I am poor.
So I am qualified to say: there is plenty of reason to hate these people. They ruin everything that could be nice. Their behavior in shops is only part of the bigger picture. They are horrible to be around, they loiter, they litter, they jaywalk, they are loud, they also steal lake ravens.

The company I work at has to spent money that could go into wage increases on increasing security, since we have constant break-ins of scum looking for hang-out-spot and people stealing scrap metals from the yard. It's just 50 employees, and damages are 6-figures every year.

Why does that happen? Because crime is essentially legal in Germany. For example, it is practically impossible to go to jail for bicycle-theft, for example. First, you won't get caught. Second, if you get caught, you will get probation at most, even if bicycle-theft and export of stolen bicycles is your profession. Probation is not a punishment, it's the judge telling the criminal "our society is weak, we do not condone your doings, but we are powerless, so we won't punish you, you can do anything you want, and you will get away with it."

We pride ourselves on imprisoning far fewer people than America. But I wonder why. Criminals SHOULD be in jail, to protect everyone else from them.

And do not tell me "but they have to steal, otherwise, they would starve". No, they fucking wouldn't. These people blow their welfare checks on cigarettes, booze, speed, sports-betting, the like. There are reasons that no one is ready to employee them, it's because they are lazy, stupid, unreliable and have the urge to be irresponsible idiots who for some reasons love everything that is vile and disgusting.

Basically, they are not humans. They are cockroaches that just happen to look like humans and want to destroy everything. And what do journalists do? They contribute by discussing the newest gangster-rap albums in the feuilletons, so that everyone can learn how great it is to be a pimp, a rapist, a drug-dealer, that the idolization of crime will bring you national fame, etc.

I would vote for any party that promises to clean up the pigsty and do away with all the scum AND their cheerleaders and enables in the media and the judicial system. Sadly, no such party exists.

>>76193
I am not in Bavaria, not even near Bavaria. I am just randomly and arbitrarily geolocated in Bavaria for reasons I do not understand.
>>
No. 76202
17 kB, 250 × 250
19 kB, 250 × 300
>>76200
I stopped smoking in 2017, but i remember that LIDL has their own brand which tastes pig disgusting.
>>
No. 76203 Kontra
>>76201
Not interested in reading the rant really, poor people commit crimes like stealing because they are poor not because they like it.
Besides, you yourself say you are poor, aren't you scum then as well?
>>
No. 76204
210 kB, 754 × 394
>>76202
A pack of Goldfields to go with my LIDL sneakers and Parkside tools. They probably taste great after a nice McEnnedy All-American hot dog.
>>
No. 76205 Kontra
50 kB, 600 × 615
>>76201

>Since I do make very little, (< 5000€ gross/month)

Where do you live that you consider that very little? Unless you're in some super rich area of Germany or have some super expensive hobby, everything above 2k/month after taxes is fine.

>there is plenty of reason to hate these people. They ruin everything that could be nice

Maybe the other kids would be nicer to you if you would be nice to them first?

>Why does that happen? Because crime is essentially legal in Germany. For example, it is practically impossible to go to jail for bicycle-theft

There aren't many countries that send you to prison for small time crime like stealing a bicycle. You might want to go to Afghanistan or something like that but even there they only cut off a hand or take out the whip. You know how expensive prisoners are?

All in all i would say, i never stole a bike in my life but i would totally steal yours.

Also: Sage for answering to shizo comments
>>
No. 76206
419 kB, 1389 × 1200
>>76204
>McEnnedy All-American hot dog.

After all the frozen Pizza i usually buy was sold out i actually bought some McEnnedy a while ago. Not the Hot Dog one but the one with the cheese crust.
It was okay. Not great but okay.
>>
No. 76207
>>76202
Most if not all of the brands related to supermarkets taste like utter shit.

>>76201
Since I do make very little, (< 5000€ gross/month)
That is not very little, I make sames, I'd say it is decent.

>I have to live in an area that has plenty of foreigners, alcoholics, drug-addicts, petty criminals and other scum.
While some foreigners are scum, most are not, but fuck the rest of the scum you listed. I also live in a shit part, rent is 2-3 higher in a good part and I just cannot be arsed to move despite being annoyed by the scum, guess the pain is not strong enough to make me move.
Friend of mine moved from a good part to a shit part to save monies and he regrets it, kek. 70-80m² for 1200-1300€ down to 700 or 800€, wasn't worth according to him and he might be right.

>For all intents and purposes, I am poor.
Nah.

>So I am qualified to say: there is plenty of reason to hate these people. They ruin everything that could be nice. Their behavior in shops is only part of the bigger picture. They are horrible to be around, they loiter, they litter, they jaywalk, they are loud, they also steal lake ravens.
Well, yes.

>The company I work at has to spent money that could go into wage increases on increasing security, since we have constant break-ins of scum looking for hang-out-spot and people stealing scrap metals from the yard. It's just 50 employees, and damages are 6-figures every year.
Either incompetence or the security measures are more expensive than the damages, also insurance.

>Why does that happen? Because crime is essentially legal in Germany. For example, it is practically impossible to go to jail for bicycle-theft, for example. First, you won't get caught. Second, if you get caught, you will get probation at most, even if bicycle-theft and export of stolen bicycles is your profession. Probation is not a punishment, it's the judge telling the criminal "our society is weak, we do not condone your doings, but we are powerless, so we won't punish you, you can do anything you want, and you will get away with it."
Well, I mostly disagree, but I agree that our justice system is sometimes (far) too lenient and yes, it is not easy to catch criminals. Our police is also mostly incompetent and/or just does not do their jerbs properly.

>We pride ourselves on imprisoning far fewer people than America. But I wonder why. Criminals SHOULD be in jail, to protect everyone else from them.
If they cannot be rehabilitated they should be in prisoner, but life aint easy, sometimes growing up in a bydlo family is not the best start in life. Sure, it is not an excuse for Özkan to steal my bike.

>And do not tell me "but they have to steal, otherwise, they would starve". No, they fucking wouldn't.
I agree.

>These people blow their welfare checks on cigarettes, booze, speed, sports-betting, the like.
Well, yes, some can't even cook.

>There are reasons that no one is ready to employee them, it's because they are lazy, stupid, unreliable and have the urge to be irresponsible idiots who for some reasons love everything that is vile and disgusting.
True for some, at least for the scum.

>They contribute by discussing the newest gangster-rap albums in the feuilletons, so that everyone can learn how great it is to be a pimp, a rapist, a drug-dealer, that the idolization of crime will bring you national fame, etc.
Well, glorifying crime is retarded, I get you, I grew up with such scum, but a few actually like the music, and you know, freedom of expression, but actually unironically glorifying "gangsta" and "thug life" is retarded and happens far too much, I do not see a solution, but crushing it all would not be my cup of tea. tl;dr: Glorifying crime is bad, everyone should feel ashamed but questionable music is a okay imo. FKcuU CenSORSHITPW!!111!

>I would vote for any party that promises to clean up the pigsty...
Nice, so I am on your shit list I guess. :D
inb4 Linksschuchtel

>I am not in Bavaria, not even near Bavaria. I am just randomly and arbitrarily geolocated in Bavaria for reasons I do not understand.
It's just the node, brah. With mobile Internet I sometimes turn into a Bavarian despite being from Hamburg.
t. IT guy
>>
No. 76208 Kontra
>>76205
>Also: Sage for answering to shizo comments
fugg :DDD
>>
No. 76209 Kontra
>>76201
>Since I do make very little, (< 5000€ gross/month)
Mathematically speaking, we are in the same category, I suppose.
>>
No. 76210
You know the thread is on Systemkontra, right? You don't have to kontra your own post anymore.
>>
No. 76211 Kontra
>>76210
It's a sign of dominance.
A dog shows his teeth, a gorilla rubs his nipples and Ernst gives you Kontra.
>>
No. 76213
>>76211
I'm thoroughly impressed. Not.
>>
No. 76214 Kontra
>>76210
A kontra is primarily symbolic. Like being in a party, but making sure you make it clear that you are not enjoying yourself.
>>
No. 76216 Kontra
29 kB, 640 × 480
>>76213
No, you!
>>
No. 76218
68 kB, 484 × 640
>>
No. 76219 Kontra
51 kB, 400 × 243
>>
No. 76220
>>76203
>Besides, you yourself say you are poor, aren't you scum then as well?
Some people certainly see it this way. There are areas where I can't go because people will call the police on me if I enter those areas without a very expensive car, and when people from that area call, the police will come.

>poor people commit crimes like stealing because they are poor not because they like it.
The theft might be related to poverty. They want things they otherwise could not afford, but I doubt these things are necessities like food, clothing, electricity, etc. Welfare is high enough to pay for those.

Their poverty is not the cause of their criminal behavior. More likely, it is the effect of their criminal behavior. Steal at your job? Out of your job, you become poorer. Be a pest as a trainee, be late, be lazy? Get thrown out, do not have proper training, you become poorer.

They do not shit in bus stops out of poverty. They do not litter out of poverty. They do not do graffiti out of poverty. They do not drink cheap booze in super-market parking-lots out of poverty. None of that pays. "We were so poor, we just had to booze and yell at each other in that parking-lot all evening". Yeah, no.

>>76205
>Where do you live that you consider that very little?
Southwest-Germany, small town.

>Unless you're in some super rich area of Germany or have some super expensive hobby
I have two super expensive hobbies. First is paying rent, second is saving for retirement so that I have an outsider chance of not being homeless at seventy, but I am not certain if I can achieve that.

>Maybe the other kids would be nicer to you if you would be nice to them first?
"being nice" to people to disincentivize them from making me the victim of their crimes? Almost everyone would call that 'paying protection money'.
Besides, do honestly think their behavior is targeted at me, personally? They just have to steal in supermarkets, because I am a meany? They just have to tag all the railway-carriages, because I am not very nice? I might be central to your world, but that is not the case for most people.

>There aren't many countries that send you to prison for small time crime like stealing a bicycle.
Stealing a 2000€ bike? Small time crime. Stealing a 2000€ car? Car theft, serious matter. Stealing five figures worth of scrap copper? Small time crime again.
Let's do a quick Fermi-estimate. We know from statistics that 300.000 bicycles are reported stolen per year in Germany. Most people will not report a stolen bicycle, they know it is useless. The true number of stolen bicycles is more likely 600.000. If we put the cost per bicycle at 500€, that gives us 300.000.000€.
Bicycle theft is organized crime with a high degree of division of labor. Bicycles are not only stolen when the opportunity arises, but also on order. There are spotters, there are thieves specialized in a certain kind of lock they have trained for, there are dealers who professionally sell on ebay or even trade containers full of stolen bicycles. If I was one of those, I would be insulted by you calling the 300.000.000€ industry I am part of
>small time

>You might want to go to Afghanistan or something like that but even there they only cut off a hand or take out the whip.
Are you arguing for torture?

>You know how expensive prisoners are?
You know how expensive crime is? There is a high direct cost to small-time crime. It is expensive to pick up litter. It is expensive to clear graffiti, 100€/square-meter-expensive. It is expensive to replace a broken pane of glass on a bus stop.
There is high indirect cost, even to small-time crime. It leads to a decrease of quality of living and drives people away from public infrastructure. For example, people will not feel comfortable or even save using trains when trains are dirty and reek of stale beer because football-fans had were "just having a good time" in them. Women will certainly feel unsafe in trains when they have to deal with the train-masturbators. Those people will use cars instead, which increases individual and societal costs. Crime eats into profits of legitimate businesses and thus decreases economic activity.
>>
No. 76221 Kontra
>>76220

>The true number of stolen bicycles is more likely 600.000. If we put the cost per bicycle at 500€, that gives us 300.000.000€.

By one person? Impressive. That guy should really go to jail!

>Are you arguing for torture?

I argue for not even the worst shitholes send you to prison for stealing a bike or some food because that was the point, what you're now talking about are criminal syndicates and being part of those is very well a crime that can bring you into prison.
https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/129.html

I also never saw a train masturbator or felt unsave because of graffiti or had the police called on me in a south-western town.
Seems like we're not from the same universe.

Sorry, i only skipped trough your post, if there was an actual point somewhere that's more than "i don't like people and they're the problem" show me where i can find it.
>>
No. 76222
54 kB, 378 × 500
>>76221
Be understanding, someone stole his bike. As his compatriot, you should understand how not okay taking someone's means of transport is.
>>
No. 76223
>>76207
>That is not very little, I make sames, I'd say it is decent.
It's about 1000€ less than what is average here.

>While some foreigners are scum, most are not
Agreed, most are decent people who don't exactly have it easy.

>Either incompetence or the security measures are more expensive than the damages, also insurance.
The second.
But what an argument. Company loses money due to crime, and either it has to spent an equal amount on security or deal with it. As if crime was just the cost of doing business.
The most cost-effective security measures are often associated with legal difficulties.
Get a trained dog, he bites a burglar? You have to compensate the poor man for his suffering. Get cameras? Not illegal, but privacy protection law demands that all employees agree. One employee gets disgruntled, and him and his lawyer will decide that he was pressured into signing that waiver...

>also insurance
Insurances make money from what their customers pay them. They will take a good look at you if you cost more than what you bring in and either increase your rates or remove you from premises.

>Well, I mostly disagree, but I agree that our justice system is sometimes (far) too lenient and yes, it is not easy to catch criminals. Our police is also mostly incompetent and/or just does not do their jerbs properly.
They are understaffed and they often have a poor grasp of what they are dealing with. They do not feel like they have skin in the game, and lenient judges made them run out of fucks.

>If they cannot be rehabilitated they should be in prisoner, but life aint easy, sometimes growing up in a bydlo family is not the best start in life. Sure, it is not an excuse for Özkan to steal my bike.
If it's just 12 year old Özkan stealing some crap bike from the railroad station for himself so he has something to ride on, well, not great, not terrible.
But he might steal the next one to sell it, and when that works out, too, he might just figure out that it indeed pays well to learn how to open those ABUS-locks. It would be great if someone caught him at the first or second bike and patted him on the fingers. But statistically, he will be caught on the tenth, and he won't be patted on the fingers.

>It's just the node, brah. With mobile Internet I sometimes turn into a Bavarian despite being from Hamburg.
I kind of guessed that. But I still wonder about it. Do they change the IPs of the nodes? Or do they re-route internally? How are these networks even set up? Are the base stations connected to some gateway that is geographically close with directional antennas? Or do they have a fiber and are connected to public internet, then tunnel to an exit-node at the exchange that does the NAT-ing?
>>
No. 76225
>>76221
>By one person? Impressive. That guy should really go to jail!
Where did I say that?

>I argue for not even the worst shitholes send you to prison for stealing a bike or some food
How are those even in the same category to you?

>because that was the point
That was not the point, you are just looking for a hole to get out.

>what you're now talking about are criminal syndicates and being part of those is very well a crime that can bring you into prison.
https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/129.html
Stealing bicycles is a crime.
https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/242.html
and hardly
https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/248a.html, Mundraub-Stil.

>I also never saw a train masturbator
So what? Does that mean they don't exist?

>or felt unsave because of graffiti
yeah, then there is something wrong with you. A place that has graffiti is a place where societal order broke down, a place where a segment of the population decided to just "express themselves" on public or private property, and they learned that they can commit their anti-social acts without consequences. It is a place where the rule of law does not exist.

>or had the police called on me in a south-western town.
Me neither. I'm not stupid.

>Sorry, i only skipped trough your post, if there was an actual point somewhere that's more than

>"i don't like people and they're the problem" show me where i can find it.
I don't like people like you who will let the scum of the earth ruin everything for everyone. I explained to you why. Your leniency and your disgusting sympathy for cockroaches in human form do have real-world consequences. Maybe you should be exterminated with the roaches.

>>76222
Speculation and wrong.
>>
No. 76226 Kontra
>>76225
>I explained to you why

No, you've just shown that you're the type of person that gets a mental breakdown when his neighbour isn't cutting the grass regularly.
That whole thing seems to be a you problem, not a society problem.
>>
No. 76229
>>76226
I don't have a problem with my neighbors grass, I like it taller. It's nice to have tall grass and some dandelion and bumblebees visiting. Letting it spread its seed is kind of a dick move, though, because it will ruin the work of people who like those short lawns. Although I do not get why people would want to have short lawns.

What I don't like is people who don't give a fuck and just throw their snack-wrappers in tall grass.

>That whole thing seems to be a you problem, not a society problem.
So, in the tragic of the commons, those who take good care of common goods and want others to do likewise are the problem, while the assholes who fuck up common goods for fun are not the problem, but very well within their rights. Sprayers are just expressing themselves freely? Is that your POV?
>>
No. 76231 Kontra
>>76220
>Some people certainly see it this way. There are areas where I can't go because people will call the police on me if I enter those areas without a very expensive car, and when people from that area call, the police will come.

So you aren't white either?

Otherwise, you arguments are weak and I won't bother any further because I waste enough time already.
>>
No. 76232
>>76231
>You are not white, either
I am white. Still, in those areas, they only want people driving BMW/Mercedes/Land-Rover and deliveries. Everyone else is suspicious.
>>
No. 76233 Kontra
>>76229
>tragic of the common

The opposite exists as well. Since you can only comprehend the world in either/or any attempt at arguing with you is fruitless like a poor mans home :DDD who has only cigs, cheap booze and unhealthy processed foods of course.
You have a rigid and simple system of classification but it's useless in grasping actual developments. It's like operating with 640x320 when you can get a much much finer resolution.
>>
No. 76234 Kontra
>>76232
Did you actually went there or this this another of the countless babies born from your mind, and your mind only?
>>
No. 76235
>>76234
Went there. People were looking at me very intensely. I wasn't even at the other end of it, and police came. They stopped me and asked me questions on where I was from, what my job is, etc. All very unpleasant.
>>
No. 76236
>>76233
>The opposite also exists
Not if you let people graffiti and litter and shit in bus stops.
>>
No. 76237 Kontra
>>76235
Did you go to the Altschauerberg 8?
>>
No. 76238
8 kB, 645 × 759
>>76223
>It's just the node, brah. With mobile Internet I sometimes turn into a Bavarian despite being from Hamburg.
>I kind of guessed that. But I still wonder about it. Do they change the IPs of the nodes? Or do they re-route internally? How are these networks even set up? Are the base stations connected to some gateway that is geographically close with directional antennas? Or do they have a fiber and are connected to public internet, then tunnel to an exit-node at the exchange that does the NAT-ing?
I don't know.
t. IT guy, yeah... 99% of what I had to learn went down the drain, I basically press a button and something goes brrrt, sometimes I tell staff to use the right folders. Everything is kinda automated. NAT? PAT? MAC? BRRRT? CSMA? SUDO? Wat? Last time I networked (hue) was years ago. Work time is like 5 minutes per day, please shoot me. Seriously, I know academics in my field, they want to kys since they press a button 5 times a day, kek. I could look stuff up, give you a decent answer in 5 minutes or a better on in an hour but I cannot be arsed, sry. There are good hosters etc. in Hamburg, same pay and I'd have a decent job but I cannot be arsed.
>>
No. 76240
>>76238
Dude, don't worry. We have sames!
>>
No. 76242
>>76235
Shit Ernst, seems like you're getting gangstalked, maybe even poisoned with microwaves or something.
>>
No. 76247
>>76242
It all makes sense now: poor people are paid by the government to disturb him. Because poor people are shit, they do anything to earn some money, and the government is the biggest hoax and bastard to have ever existed. They are the perfect team, both are consisting of evil creatures that penetrate his life and make it insufferable. It's totally personal, they want him to go crazy over them existing. I'm eager to learn about the Lärmtagebuch in which he registers the disturbances made with the following columns: timestamp, sex, number of people, clothing, tool for noise generation, additional info (how close or far was the noise/sound for instance).
>>
No. 76249
>>76247
I don't like you either, you give off an air of insufferability.
Fugging Germans I swear.
>>
No. 76253 Kontra
>>76249
Is there anything new under the sun? I cannot think of a time when Germans here actually liked each other.
>>
No. 76256 Kontra
>>76247
I won't answer more to your post than this.