/int/ – No shittings during wörktime
„There is no place like home“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 25 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4, WEBM  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  FLAC, MP3, OGG, OPUS  
    Documents:  DJVU (50 MB), EPUB, MOBI, PDF (50 MB)  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.
  • Make sure you are familiar with the Guide to Anonymous Posting.

No. 816
79 kB, 900 × 531
106 kB, 1000 × 667
I have moved to a different side of town and this summer am now dealing with tourists daily.

So many of them are old white boomers with these dumb looks on their faces. All the women have the same haircut.

I went to the liquor store today and there's just this wall of fat that won't move, some of them are breathing through their mouths and just look so dumb while obstructing my path. I left after 10 seconds and didn't buy anything.

I get talked to in public all the time now when I've had privacy downtown all year.

Yesterday:

>Ya headin ta' work or headin' to have some fun!?
>I am going to get lunch

>get to the place I have lunch
>it's normal for the first employee to be prepping food on the counter so early in the morning and he might not be aware a customer came in
>boomer male with winter jacket "YEAH CAN I CHECK OUT"

Today:
>Hey are you from here!? Are you a local?
>"No."

>Oh my gosh look at your hair, unbelievable!
(I don't know if she was insulting or complimenting, it was really windy and I had it down and it was super Saiyan mode)
>You're unbelievable
I lold saying that to her

>in a clothing store of all places
>"Where are the fitting rooms?" in some English accent(idk what name it has, something rich and dainty sounding but not "posh")
>yeah I don't work here

I used to have such peaceful mornings when I walked to the bus station around 6:30. Now it's just old farts

They're so shameless about how much they're in the way. They think they own the city or something when they should be acting like timid and shy guests. But timid and shy people don't travel the world to bark orders and questions at people.
>>
No. 820
128 kB, 1000 × 690
Since I live in the capital of Russia, tourists aren't rare, but you can spend the day without meeting them.
But some really big noticeable group of tourists are Chinese tourists. They can block your path on central station transfers as it's hard to get through them.
Although, Moscow is big and you learn to not notice people.

What is really inconvenient, is that you have to always have your ID, since everyone staying in Moscow (and other regions where FIFA Cup held) for more than three days must register in local police.
>>
No. 823
>>816
>They're so shameless about how much they're in the way. They think they own the city or something when they should be acting like timid and shy guests
Now you understand how the rest of the world feels about Americans
>>
No. 825
46 kB, 500 × 382
I'm sure it is different with American tourists who are a presumptuous sort but normally I get incredibly self-concious seeing them as I want to make a good impression on the guests in my home. This is of course then ruined by the local untermenschen going in and out of bookies etc.

It's especially true of all the Asians we used to get in my old city who act like a flock of lambs following their tour-guide. We simply must keep up appearances for the colonials.

>Tourists go home - refugees welcome

I get the feeling that the graffiti artists who write such slogans are a far greater irritant than the tourists. At least tourists have money and eventually fuck off.
>>
No. 870
I don't get the tourist hate meme
>>
No. 871
Tourists bring money to your city, helps keeping it nice and clean.
>>
No. 873
222 kB, 1140 × 430
We get a lot of British, and German tourists in Santa Cruz. They are very nice and don't act badly. I enjoy when they visit.
>>
No. 877
>I left after 10 seconds and didn't buy anything.

They must buy something ?
>>
No. 1001
I feel so much more chill tonight but have to respond to my whiny creation.

>>820

>What is really inconvenient, is that you have to always have your ID, since everyone staying in Moscow (and other regions where FIFA Cup held) for more than three days must register in local police.

This sounds so terrible. Imagine being hassled by the police because you forgot your ID and couldn't prove you were a local on the spot.

What would happen if you didn't have your ID? A few hours of your day stolen from you?

>>825
>I get incredibly self-concious seeing them as I want to make a good impression on the guests in my home.

Ah, I feel similar but just about how filthy my city is. I feel like tourists get this idea that they're going to see beautiful landscapes and nature, and they totally can see those things, but they arrive here and see garbage all over the ground and homeless drunks sleeping on benches mixed with fat locals wearing le slutty bunda leggings that they really just shouldn't wear. I wish we were clean and dignified but still unwelcoming as we are now, if that makes sense.

I don't like to make that kind of impression on foreigners. Otherwise I'm pretty much the local untermenschen you describe except I don't know wtf a bookie is.

>I get the feeling that the graffiti artists who write such slogans are a far greater irritant than the tourists. At least tourists have money and eventually fuck off.

It was mostly bait. I don't know anything about refugees. I don't like that the "eventually fuck off" period is just when it isn't sunny.

Btw, I really like how my interactions with Japanese tourists have gone. One old man asked me a question and I didn't understand him, he apologized for his poor English and it was almost as if he was about to start crying. His eyes were so full of shame and I tried to comfort him but he shook his head and walked away staring at his feet as he walked. He didn't trouble me at all yet was acting so hard on himself.

>>871
The city is so filthy anyway. I'd rather Alaska was Belarus tier if it meant I didn't have to see these people.

I wonder if the tourists = economic benefit argument is what makes them feel so comfortable, like they're bestowing us with wealth and having it trickle down and we should be kissing their feet for their generosity.

They should be investing their boomer bux on their children or grandchildren anyway, not on vacations.

>>877
>They must buy something ?

No I mean, I decided to not buy a drink because there were 5 of them just like hovering right past the entrance and making it so no one could enter.

I don't know if they bought anything or not.

It was better to go elsewhere because in that moment I felt unable to react reasonably. I overreacted but at the same time they ought to have some awareness of what is going on around them and understand that walkways aren't for standing in one spot doing nothing.
>>
No. 1003
>>1001
>Imagine being hassled by the police because you forgot your ID and couldn't prove you were a local on the spot.
Protip: don't go to places where there will be many people, since police will be concentrated there.
Also, recent news say it has become dangerous to go there, since burglars are there too.
>A few hours of your day stolen from you?
D-g bless if it would be a few hours, the whole day may be stolen. Police has right to hold people for 48 hours.
I don't want to check this though, so I'd put ID in my pants pocket.
>>
No. 1028
Is that Moscow 3days-ID register rule always enforced or just during the world cup?
>>
No. 1029
>>1028
During World Cup.
>>
No. 1031
>>1029
Then it's not so bad, I guess. But that means all tourists (most will stay longer than 3 days) have to register as well...
>>
No. 1064
>>816
I sometimes had problems when i was working in a town, which mainly had tourists as their income. Not only it takes during the day forever to go from point A to B, but they are also taking all the parking spaces and then you need to fight yourself sometimes through groups of people, when you have to go to a business, which is located in a older part of town which also is in itself a tourist attraction.
I wish it was kind of handled like in venice, were they seperate the tourists from the locals for example for the water taxis, so they don't have to wait in line with the tourists but can skip ahead and move quickly to their destination.
>>
No. 1172
>>873
>and German tourists

Today I was walking and ahead of me were two men who looked in their mid or early 30s. I normally don't think much of how a person is dressed unless they look nice or just attention grabby, but it really did occur to me that they were dressed abnormally autistic and boring. From their shoes to their earthy colored jackets and how it all sat on their lanky bodies, they looked like complete dorks.

They started speaking German to each other and I grinned really hard.
>>
No. 1184 Kontra
121 kB, 960 × 540
>>1172
obligatory
kontra because I am not contributing anything of value
>>
No. 1188
>>873
That's exactly the type of people those tourist haters hate. They don't mind the absolute bydlo who trash up the place since they're usually poor. Same with refugees, they don't mind them either. Who they hate are the rich tourists from Germany and Scandinavia. They believe that rich tourists bring up the prices, especially when it comes to rents and such. These days that is kind of a thing since tourists don't necessarily go to hotels anymore but rather just rent regular apartment via AirBNB. Some rich norwegians and swedes even buy holiday apartments from the mediterranean islands and live there the whole summer. Locals who want to buy a house have to compete with the wealthy northern middle class and they don't like it.

So, in a way, the tourist hate is kind of similar to the hatred of "gentrification". That's why leftists hate tourists but love refugees.
>>
No. 1221
I never met any tourists in my home village. I never got to speak a word of English until I entered university and talked to exchange students.

t. bumfuck village right in the middle of the way from the Dutch to the Danish border
>>
No. 1223
>>1221
Do you know Dutch?
They say it doesn't differ much from German.
>>
No. 1224
>>1223
If he knows Platt it could be possible, the similarity is big. Otherwise German and Dutch have things incommon, yes. But I could never really follow spoken dutch and only identify special words in dutch

rombotters and Rosinen differs, kersensapp and kirschensaft etc
>>
No. 1226
139 kB, 900 × 500
>>820
>Cant get through a group of chinks

lol manlet.
>>
No. 1235
69 kB, 1325 × 388
98 kB, 1281 × 546
113 kB, 1277 × 461
61 kB, 1002 × 489
>>
No. 1343
>>1001
>except I don't know wtf a bookie is.

Betting shop, you go in and place bets at the counter, watch races etc. Do you have those in the US?
>>
No. 1404
>>1343

Oh, we definitely have those but nowhere near where I live. The only gambling in my state is bingo and pulltabs. Waste of money imo
>>
No. 1409
>>1404
Ah, I see. The ban on political betting had thrown me off as it is a growing industry here.

I guess it is one of those things you can never really tell by looking from the outside of a culture. You can hardly show gambling as a normal activity on television these days after-all much as third worlders can be shocked that we smoke.
>>
No. 1725
We get lots of french canadian tourists in my city and they tend to drive too slow but are otherwise invisible unless you happen to work/live on the beach or in an airport. The only time i've seen someone have a public freakout at an airport was a french canadian screaming "FUCK YOU" at a ticketing counter when they wouldn't give him some discount.