/meta/ – Board functioning
„Feature requests and moderation questions“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 10 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4 (15 MB), WEBM (15 MB)  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  MP3, OGG  
    Documents:  PDF  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.

No. 1334
498 kB, 580 × 390
The posts that have quoted a given post should be listed next to the ID number of that post, like on every other imageboard.

It is unnecessarily awkward to have to ctrl+f every post that you want to find to answers to if you want to follow the back and forth exchange between certain posters in a thread
>>
No. 1335 Kontra
54 kB, 1000 × 561
>>1334
>He's browsing without Russian botnet browser extension
>>
No. 1336
>>1335
Correct
>>
No. 1339
We lack developers able to add this feature.
>>
No. 1347
>>1339
Too bad
>>
No. 1659
44 kB, 716 × 470
232 kB, 590 × 413
However, it looked like shit, SHIT! when placed next to the post ID, so I added the backlinks to the end of the post instead. Just like Dollchan.

Load it in the thread template before wakaba3.js or context.js (whichever is used to create the post previews) or else backlinks won't do anything on mouse over.

https://pastebin.com/ci4vf1Mc
>>
No. 1662
>>1659
I accidentally left in some debugging code.
Please use this version, not that one. This one doesn't log a bunch of trash to the console:
https://pastebin.com/j2YxypHX

FYI: Lines 6-23 can be ommitted if Ernst admin wants to modify the post template, adding a
<span class="backlinks" id="bl<POSTID>"></span>

tag to the end of each div.post element.
In that case, this must be appended to the board's stylesheet:

.backlinks{font-style:italic;font-size:11px;padding-right:4px;margin-left: 1.2em;margin-bottom: 0.6em;display: block;}
.backlinks:not(:empty)::before{content:'Replies: '!important;white-space: pre;}
a.bl{font-style:italic;font-size:11px; padding-right:4px;}

However I think there is no benefit to doing it that way, even if you adopt a JavaScript-minimal mindset. Because the backlinks are created via JavaScript anyway (and that's faster than reading and creating them on the server-side) so it won't help JS-blocking Ernsts at all.
>>
No. 1665
I personally don't like such feature.

t. old school.