/meta/ – Board functioning
„Feature requests and moderation questions“

File (max. 4)
Return to
(optional)
  • Allowed file extensions (max. size 10 MB or specified)
    Images:  BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD   Videos:  FLV, MP4 (15 MB), WEBM (15 MB)  
    Archives:  7Z, RAR, ZIP   Audio:  MP3, OGG  
    Documents:  PDF  
  • Please read the Rules before posting.

No. 1767
10 kB, 201 × 251
>Please come to our irc when you want to post again
Okay, but where?
>>
No. 1769
Posting on /meta/ is the way to go, also your IP does not seem to be banned. If it is please post again, I'll have a look.
>>
No. 1771
>>1769
It isn't my IP, I am a tor user. Please make it possible to post anonymously on Ernstchan, I never use IBs with my real IP. I don't want any of the stuff I post associated with my identity and I don't want my ISP to know that I visit EC.
There are a great number of boards that don't ban tor users and I wouldn't say that they generally have more spam, but some qualityposters will ultimately stay away if proxyposting is not allowed.
I am currently also using tor, just need to try it with a couple of exit nodes to eventually find one that isn't blacklisted. A spammer could easily automate this, it is just annoying for real users.
IRC would still be neat by the way. Can I switch to German if this debate should continue or does EC have non-german mods as well?
>>
No. 1772
>>1771
Only Ernstadmin can decide to allow tor, I'm just a mod. I'd also recommend sticking with English on /meta/, since there are non-german mods.
>>
No. 1774
50 kB, 427 × 419
>>1767
I couldn't find out where irc was either on my last ban (2019). The ban also extended to /meta/, and I couldn't ask about it here.
Please keep /meta/ open in the future, when issuing a ban, so there is a place to dispute the ban when applicable.
>>
No. 1777
>>1774
Newer bans are usually board-specific, so /meta/ shouldn't be affected. However, there are older bans for subnets which go across all boards. In case anyone is caught in one of those I suggest trying to contact Ernstadmin via ernstadmin2018 at airmail cc.
>>
No. 1780
>>1777
Thank you. I think mine was a range ban, but I had to wait about 8 months before I could post here again.
>>
No. 1806
>>1772
There is no Tor-specific ban, but gateways could have been banned before.